[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k] [s4s] [vip] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/news/ - Current News

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

Democrats have attacked the president every which way, but polling and focus groups show none of it's working.

Data from a range of focus groups and internal polls in swing states paint a difficult picture for the Democratic Party heading into the 2018 midterms and 2020 presidential election. It suggests that Democrats are naive if they believe Trump’s historically low approval numbers mean a landslide is coming. The party is defending 10 Senate seats in states that Trump won and needs to flip 24 House seats to take control of that chamber.
The research, conducted by private firms and for Democratic campaign arms, is rarely made public but was described to POLITICO in interviews with a dozen top operatives who’ve been analyzing the results coming in.
“If that’s the attitude that’s driving the Democratic Party, we’re going to drive right into the ocean,” said Anson Kaye, a strategist at media firm GMMB who worked on the Obama and Clinton campaigns and is in conversations with potential clients for next year.
Worse news, they worry: Many of the ideas party leaders have latched onto in an attempt to appeal to their lost voters — free college tuition, raising the minimum wage to $15, even Medicare for all — test poorly among voters outside the base. The people in these polls and focus groups tend to see those proposals as empty promises, at best.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/09/13/teflon-trump-democrats-messaging-242607
>>
>>177983
I expect Trump to take even more states next round

I'm looking at you Nevada, Colorado, Minnesota, Virginia, Maine, AND New Hampshire!
>>
>Trump's numbers are in the tank
>Somehow Dems are in trouble
I'll believe it when I see it. This story is about their worst case scenario prediction, not what's actually going to happen.
>>
>>177999
>Trump's numbers are in the tank
That's what ppl said the day Trump became president so wtf lol
>>
I thought polls were (((fake news)))
>>
>>178003
What do those three ((( mean? I see them everywhere now.
>>
>>177983
Of crouse, they haven't won any major national elections since the election. They've only been able to flip 3 small state house special elections that will go back next round.

By this time in the obama presdencey, the gop had already flpped a few major national elections and were about to flip 2 governorships and take ted kenneys seat.

Dems wlll lose 3 more senate seats at least in 2018. You can bet on it.
>>
>>178008
do you not have access to google?
>>
>>177999
Trump is still at 40% and after his bipartisan support and response to the hurricanes it will only get better.

Meanwhile those "resistance" protesters are all dying out and it's only 6 months in.
>>
>>178012
Something about the anti semites? I don't get it. Why are you using this?
Are you an anti semite?
>>
>>178020
If you want to call some a racist you can just do it. No need to ask bullshit questions first.
>>
>>177999
I agree with you, but just to play devil's advocate remember that approval ratings tend to drift towards 50%. If Trump miraculously avoids being stupid for a couple of months Republicans will start hopping back on the bandwagon. Assuming Trump doesn't spark a full civil war in the GOP the baby boomers will universally show up and vote to make Rush Limbaugh proud, millennials will be lazy pieces of shit again and not vote, and with a little gerrymandering the GOP will get 10% less votes but easily keep the house and Senate. They'll keep criticizing Trump's idiocy but not too loud so they can help the rich get less taxes on their investment incomes.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.