[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k] [s4s] [vip] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/news/ - Current News

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

The four-quarter average for every economic metric in the poll is at a record 10-year high.

The public's views on the economy continue to cruise at lofty levels but the optimism does not appear to be lifting the president's approval rating.

The third-quarter CNBC All-America Economic Survey found 43 percent of the public believes the economy is excellent or good, a record high in the 10-year history of the survey. Thirty-six percent believes the economy will get better, down a couple of points from last quarter, but just 23 percent say it will get worse, down 6 points.
The four-quarter average for every major economic metric in the poll --- the outlook for the economy, housing, wages and the stock market --- is at a record 10-year high. Those four quarters cover the time span since President Donald Trump's election.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/10/03/american-optimism-about-the-economy-fails-to-lift-trumps-approval-ratings.html
>>
>>184189
Castles built upon sand.
>>
>>184195
You think we're in a bubble?
>>
>>184196
It's all built on unsustainable deregulation. Plus, all the wealth still keeps flowing quickly to the top. In short, yes this is a bubble.
>>
>>184199
When do you think it will pop?
>>
>>184196
We're definitely in a college loan bubble. People are taking out money from the banks and states and betting on odds they'll never be able to pay back. The only question is who the bubble is going to pop on. The colleges get their money up front, so there's no issue on their end.
>>
>>184205
If you are retarded enough to take on 200k to learn a job that is not in demand then you deserve to die homeless under a bridge in my opinion.
>>
>>184196
People who don't like warren buffets political views claim Berkshire Hathaway continuous growth has just been a 50 year bubble.
>>
>>184206
Until you realize that the loans used for those people is based on the same money you put in the bank. You know, because the bank redistributes your savings as loans to other people in return for drips of interest payment?
When the huge swaths of people taking out those loans find themselves unable to pay those loans back, the banks won't be able to pay you back, the companies that keep the economy moving back, etc.
And the damage may likely get worse if some states implement their loan forgiveness plans, wherein they take on student loan debt on behalf of graduates, and pay off the debt via taxes in exchange for them living in their state and working jobs. It's a gamble that could pay off well for a state government if those graduates are economic benefits, but that's a big if considering the overall debt some of these people have compared to what they actually got their degrees in.
>>
>>184211
> money you put in the bank
>2017
>having any money in the bank
I don't think so. I have a fully secured portfolio of real estate, precious metals, fine art and russian stocks, I keep the bare minimum in my bank accounts, just enough to cover bills, because I don't fucking trust them. And I don't trust central banks either that's why I hold virtually no currency or debt whatsoever.
>>
>>184211
banks are too big to fail as evidenced by the most recent housing bubble, so once they fail again from either the student loans or something else, they will just go up to Daddy Government and pick up their handout, and our taxes increase just the same.
>>
Let me know when you start seeing the optimism in your own pockets. Thank you basement dwellers. Don't forget to mow your lawns lest you not get your allowance from mommy
>>
>>184218
the next bailout will cause hyperinflation
>>
>>184216
>I don't have my money in the bank I have it on the gambling table
Ok.
>>
>>184230
Central Banks are all in. All the risk right now is the currency and bond markets.
>>
>>184230
Don't provoke him, he may just shoot up a concert.
>>
>>184273
>>184230
>m-muh liquid assets

gonna enjoy watching your tears when the next round of bank failures hit
>>
Yeah, I'm fully expecting another bubble burst and recession, the banks are up to their old shenanigans again now that trump deregulated them.

But how the fuck do you prepare for such a thing? Or should I just enjoy my money now?

>I'm glad I chose the cheep-o college route with community college followed by a state school. Fuck debt.
>>
>>184292
buy assets that do well in a recession
wait

>people still don't realize how to make money whichever way the economy swings
>>
>>184292
You buy or invest in material possessions that will always be valuable. Like land, minerals, food, and water.

I wouldn't suggest going entirely banking abstinent though, because you can't just withdraw money as needed with shares, bonds, etc. You gotta cash in full chunks or find someone willing to buy parts, as opposed to just going down to a bank and withdrawing as needed. Plus, any company that operates heavily on USD will likely have their foot caught in their mouth when a true crisis hits. You won't just be able to cash out on valuable assets in a depression. You just say that you own shares of something and either hope all the poor people still respect that, or that there's enough funding left for the police to enforce it.
>>
>>184292
Honestly, buy up Walmart stocks and invest in companies that sell foods that last in pantries, like Poptarts.
>>
The only advice I have given to people recently is to pay off as much debt as you can right now - especially in assets that maintain a considerable amount of value in recessions. If you do invest in the stock market, invest in companies that have a proven track record of increasing dividends year after year. Gold is artificially deflated right now, so.. anyway.
>>
>>184230

Well, apart from the real estate, as Lex Luthor constantly says, "LAND."
>>
>>184295
What does do well in a recession?
>>
>>184359
Things that don't do well during a boom.
>>
Americans are the most myopic population of any developed country. It's so painfully easy to get us to vote against our interests with the right kinds of fearmongering that I feel like if our optimism for a particular political platform polls very high, we have reason to be worried. It was the same with Obama and Bush before him, but it's gotten orders of magnitude worse with Trump. Americans as a whole feeling too confident in one particular guy is a sign we're about to fuck up.
>>
>>184363
The choice with Trump and Clinton was a choice between Nationalism and Marxism.
The public made the right choice.
>>
>>184364

>marxism

Anybody who uses this word referring to any serious figure in the political climate is a fucking moron.
>>
>>184364
No, Clinton was a corporatist too, just not as much of a naked corporatist as Trump. And she had the SAME POSITION AS TRUMP DOES ON DACA. She said during her campaign that if a 5 year old illegal immigrant were caught after having crossed the border, they should be detained, attempt should be made to contact their guardian, and ultimately they should be deported.
When it comes to Islam, I know democratic politicians like Clinton like to talk bullshit about how extremism isn't an Islamic thing, and it's insufferable. But when all that's said and done she understands the score just as well as everyone else. She just chose overly diplomatic language.
>>
>>184364
>Bannon says he’s a Leninist: that could explain the White House’s new tactics
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/feb/06/lenin-white-house-steve-bannon
>>
>>184359
Things people regularly buy when they are on a tight budget.
>>
>>184454
Ingredients for a very expensive vegetable soup.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qP79zHALbH4
>>
>>184199
>Economic freedoms are unsustainable
Wanna know how I know you're a commie fuck?

And as someone who lives in one of the most restrictive economies on Earth: I hope you and the rest of your pals go die in a gutter.
>>
>>184189
take a look at this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlRNGloj1HE and this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVPX56ySFLE and this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHX3VoX32uQ
>>
>>184364
>Trump
>Nationalism

Lol
>>
>>184189
This is the Trump economy.
>>
>>184199
>It's all built on unsustainable deregulation
wtf does that even mean? Some kind of democrat talking point.

Also wealth is created you moron, there isn't a finite resource on "wealth". Those that have the wealth earned it and it DOES trickle down to those lower class in the forms of benefits and higher wages.
>>
>>184206
This,

College isn't a right, you're not entitled to college.
>>
>>184528
Obviously, but it doesn't change the fact of where the banks have placed the public's money.

We could also sit here and argue that nobody is entitled to a home in the suburbs, but that didn't stop the govt from using taxes in subsidizing people to move there following WWII and white flight, and more recently allowing real estate agencies and banks to get away with pushing property to people that clearly couldn't pay back the mortgages they took on leading to the 07/08 crisis.

All of that is beside the point once the money's already been moved. The focus now is trying to figure out how to minimize the damage from reckless spending and/or deregulation that has allowed the idiots in this country to take on burdens that the rest of us have to carry.
>>
>>184230
You honestly think owning tangible wealth is more risky than unsecured bank deposits during a time of record money printing?
>>
>>184541
No, the point was that you moved your money from one gambling table to another. In a time of record money printing, a stock can be just as meaningless because you can't buy shit with a stock, thus making it less tangible than the money it was bought wih. You trade stocks in for money and use the money to buy stuff, otherwise you hold. If the economy crashes, your stock is a piece of paper you can't cash in. On top of that, youre in no better of a situation if said stocks or bonds are in markets affected by the crash where you cannot readily cash out due to the company you're in with being short on resources to buy back your stock or pay you dividends with.

You'd be better off collecting bottles of water than buying stocks if we are talking about a true crash that devalues the dollar to zero. If we arent, then leaving money in the bank is just another gambling table you can put your money on, and it's one where you can make withdrawals readily, unlike the others.
>>
Bears been betting on a crash since 2008.
Double dip never came. Staying in cash was the worst decision ever. Gold went down as well.

Real estate and stocks been going up like a cryptocurreny looking for nerd pussy.
People say "it's a bubble" every six month; Shit keeps going up anyway.

Only thing going down has been cash--like euro, pound, even swiss francs.

Deflation my ass, hyperinflation my ass! Never trust a bear.
>>
>>184365
Jeremy Corbyn. Brit Labour representative or other who was very close to taking office of PM for a bit. I think he is in decline now.
>>
>>184189
Phew, good thing the world runs on optimism. MUH FEELINGS
>>
>>184292
>Muh Trump
Yes Obama didnt help support this scheme for 8 years either! Just bigot trump and his evil word >:(
>>
>>185053

Uh, Obama did put in regulations though. Trump took these regulations away. You could argue Obama didn't do enough, but what Obama did do was literally undone by Trump.

We are back to when Bush was in office, regulation wise.
>>
>>185056
You dont create a debt crisis in a single fucking year, the student loan and car debt bubbles have been growing for almost a decade. To claim a single year of a single presidency caused said debt, really shows off your community college education.
>>
>>185083

I'm not talking about college loans though, I'm talking about the kind of stuff that led to the housing crisis. If college bursts it will be 'in addition to' rather than 'instead of'.
>>
>>185089
You obviously have no idea what led to the housing crises. "Deregulation" wasnt at fault, low interest rates led to the recession. The debt crises was percipitated by high interest loans given out to individuals with low vetting, due to policies still advocated by the fed.
>>
>>184189
>still believing approval ratings and polls

Don't sit down too hard lest you decapitate yourself.
>>
>>184541
>Not knowing what the FDIC is
Unless you have a shitload of money, your money is safe in a bank. It'd take an apocalypse-level recession to actually fuck you out of your money
>>
>>185096
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gramm%E2%80%93Leach%E2%80%93Bliley_Act

P L E A S E

You Clintonites won't be able to sweep your involvement in 2008 crisis under the rug so easily.
>>
>>184189
American understanding of economics hits an ALL-TIME LOW

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.