[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k] [s4s] [vip] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/news/ - Current News

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 21 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

Jeff Sessions just threw every transgender American to the wolves

SESSIONS ENDS WORKPLACE PROTECTIONS FOR TRANSGENDER PEOPLE
THE JUSTICE DEPARTMENT UNDER OBAMA DECREED THAT TITLE VII OF THE CIVIL RIGHTS ACT OF 1964 BANNED TRANSGENDER DISCRIMINATION IN THE WORKPLACE. BUT IN A NEW MEMO, THE ATTORNEY GENERAL RESCINDED THE POLICY.

Attorney General Jeff Sessions released a memo this morning declaring that the Department of Justice does not interpret Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 as offering protections to transgender individuals in the workplace. This is a sharp reversal from the Obama-era interpretation.
“Although federal law, including Title VII, provides various protections to transgender individuals, Title VII does not prohibit discrimination based on gender identity per se,” Sessions wrote. “This is a conclusion of law, not policy. As a law enforcement agency, the Department of Justice must interpret Title VII as written by Congress."
“The Department of Justice will take that position in all pending and future matters (except where controlling lower-court precedent dictates otherwise, in which event the issue should be preserved for potential future review),” he added.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/public-safety/trump-administration-asks-court-to-toss-out-challenge-to-military-transgender-ban/2017/10/05/3819aec4-a9d5-11e7-92d1-58c702d2d975_story.html?utm_term=.1ed1a24ea57a
>>
POOFTAS BTFO
>>
FAKE NEWS
>>
Nyeow
Source 1:
>https://www.dallasnews.com/business/business/2017/10/05/attorney-general-jeff-sessions-ends-transgender-civil-rights-protection-workplace
Source 2:
>http://www.startribune.com/sessions-ends-transgender-workplace-protections/449628403/
Source 3:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/public-safety/trump-administration-asks-court-to-toss-out-challenge-to-military-transgender-ban/2017/10/05/3819aec4-a9d5-11e7-92d1-58c702d2d975_story.html?utm_term=.82e63e9a86a8

>Shits real my nibba
>>
>>184721
Good. We need to be solving the problems that cause this condition, not forcing everyone else to put up with their bullshit and 746 made up "genders".
>>
>>184736
Hopefully this is a step in the right direction. I'm tired of being told I have to blindly accept everyone's identity no matter how ridiculous.
>>
>>184721
Good, trannies are mentally ill. They aren't and should never be a protected class.
>>
>>184743
Imagine if there was such a harmful positivity around depression or anxiety. "Be proud of your constant fear and misery!"
>>
>>184743
Isn't mental illness (i.e. a health condition) a protected class tho?
>>
>>184766
Not really. And most people that are mentally ill enough to need special care are in a closed institution.
Everyone else gets brain dissolving happy pills and that's it.
>>
>>184766
>a protected class
I don't know. USA doesn't enforce the rules anyway.

https://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2016/02/blacks-hispanics-mortgages/471024/
>>
>>184767
Yeah, but if I have a nervous breakdown or go into a fit of depression and get institutionalized, my job is protected by FMLA. If I was transgender and lost my job for that reason, you best believe I'd be sueing my employer for firing me for a mental condition.
>>
>>184721

Good! This is good news!

"Transgenderism" is an artificial construct and nothing but an enabling excuse for the normalization of gender dysphoria, which is a mental illness.
>>
Honestly, as long as they don't go around being a fake victim or blabbing about how transie they are, I wouldn't give a fuck if they thought they were a giraffe. Come in, work, leave. Don't ask, don't tell.
>>
Is there anyone who doesn't think this is a good thing? I can't think of a more universally hated group than trannies. Bronies, maybe?
>>
>>184930

Speak for yourself, I think girly boys are fucking hot
>>
>>184930
first they came for the trannies etc
hilarious how you'll fall for it every single time just to get rid of your lepers!
>>
>>184767
>Toadlet thinks institutions exist in America still

Nope, they're on the streets. Get out of your gated community.
>>
>>184962
On the streets or in jail, I should say. Of course, toadlet loves the prison-industrial complex and the FEMA camps now that daddy trump is at the helm...
>>
>>184930
Furries

T. Furry tranny
>>
>>184977
die subhuman
>>
>law should be interpreted as it's written
and where is the problem?
>>
>>184768
>“The results of our analysis imply that the substantial market-wide racial and ethnic differences in the incidence of high-cost mortgages arise because African American and Hispanic borrowers tend to be more concentrated at high-risk lenders,” the authors write.
So they need to not go to high risk lenders?
>>
>>184721
>randomly take away human rights from a minority group for no reason
so this is the power of drumpf?
jokes aside, this is dumb and only goes further to portray republicans as a bunch of backwards, racist, *phobic, sexist scum. It does not make sense, like most things drumpf does.
>>
>>185121
More like correcting a past mistake.
>>
>>185121
People not being forced to play party to your game of pretend is a good thing.
>>
>>185121

Respect is not a human right.
>>
>>187398
lol im taking that
>>
>>185121
>minority

haha, they have mental problems, being gay is basically the same as being a pedophile

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.