[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k] [s4s] [vip] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/news/ - Current News

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 18 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

File: op.1086x0.jpg (112 KB, 1086x680)
112 KB
112 KB JPG
President Donald Trump suggested Thursday that Puerto Rico is going to have to shoulder more responsibility for recovery efforts from Hurricane Maria, saying the federal government's emergency responders can't stay there "forever."

His comments -- in which he also blamed the beleaguered island for a financial crisis "largely of their own making" and infrastructure that was a "disaster" before the hurricane -- come as Puerto Rico still reels from a lack of electricity, public health access and a rising death toll.

http://www.abc15.com/news/national/hurricane-maria-s-death-toll-increased-to-43-in-puerto-rico
>>
Brown people btfo.
>>
>>186747
Puerto Rico is a corrupt shit hole. They need to lift themselves out of this mess, or they'll never become self reliant
>>
>>186752
Just like Texas and Florida.
>>
>>186747
It's funny how that cunt mayor has shut the fuck up now that people are going after her and her nonsense.
>>
From an election standpoint that is a terrible idea
Not just from bad pr though I'm sure that doesn't help
But think about it where in the U.S. do you think Puerto Ricans are going to flee too? And next think what kind of politics do you think Puerto Rico supports?
>>
>>186771
They were back up and running weeks later. They didn't throw themselves on the floor and have a tantrum.
>>
>>186782
I would guess whoever flees won't have a very high opinion of the GOP. I doubt they would vote Trump in 2020. Where they go is hard to guess. I figure most will end up in major cities.
>>
Fuck Puerto Rico. Seriously.
Depopulate that shithole and sell it off to the highest bidder. Make a nice hotel resort island.
>>
>>186785
>Where they go is hard to guess
Most likely Florida
>>
>>186782
Puerto Ricans were never GOP supporters anyway so pleasing them has never been a GOP priority.

Unless a Puerto Rican exodus to Florida balances out the influence the GOP leaning Cubans have, Republican Leadership is not going to give a shit
>>
>>186771
Those are 1) states and 2) not corrupt shitholes
>>
>>186838
NY for NYC, Amsterdam, and Hudson off the top of my head
>>
>It's another "LOL FUCK PUERTO RICO HAHA WHAT A SHITHOLE" episode

Don't you guys have anything better to do than laugh at the misfortune at one of the most oppresed colonies in the world? Literally raped by the Spaniards for 400 years and then by us for the last 100 years, massive unpayable debt caused by corrupt US goverment officials and unfair laws like the outdated Jones Act of 1917 and Cabotage law made the island as fucked as it is now.

Corruption, drug trade, political incompetence, rampant murders and sex crimes are the rule thanks to the uneccesary oppression that we enforced on the island, and now what little remains of ther culture is largely that "reggaeton" trash the seem to bring here in droves to Florida and Jew York.
But hey, fuck them for no reason at all because they're not us, right?

t. History Major
>>
>>186752
Puerto Rico is part of the US.
>>
>>186855
>texas isn't a corrupt shithole.
>florida isn't a corrupt shithole.

laughing for reals man,
>>
People will be using this to push for statehood. Once the dems a majority they will use this to do so.

Hello 51st state.
>>
>>187178

He means no food and people openly murdered in the street because of government, corrupt.
>>
>>187134
Everyone in life is responsible for their own condition. Yes, you. Yes, even me.

The solider on the battlefield is responsible for his own condition, for his country being there, even for the politician that ordered him to go. Just because Puerto Rico's flag is a different color of victim status than others doesn't mean we need to pity them every single damn step of the way. Relax with the whole "muh history" shit.
>>
>>187158
>GEE WILLIKERS THESE BROWNIES ARE EASY TO RAPE
>GOLLY GEE WHY DOES EVERYONE HATE US NOW
>>
>>187173
Yeah thanks for the stupid comment. Original comments still stand.

>Not a state
>Corrupt government
>Inept in general
>>
>>187191
>Yes, even me.
You don't actually believe this .
>>
>>187192
>EVERYONE HATE US

America doesn't care if a bunch of commies that can't even shit away from their drinking water think about us
>>
>>187191
you can't honestly believe that there is no such thing as a situation that is out of someone's control. consider that the aid in question was requested after a strong hurricane went right over the island, there's fuck all that could have been done beyond having built every building like a bunker or divine intervention.
>>
>>187173
only on paper.
>>
they deserve nothing. fuck puerto rico
>>
>>187234
You are responsible for anything and everything that happens to you. If you choose to live in an area that suffers from hurricanes that's kind of your choice.

Every place from Alaska (earthquakes) to California (mexicans, earthquakes) all the way to New York (blacks, mexicans) have issues.

It's a bitter pill to swallow for most.
>>
>>187258
Good lord I hope this isn't bait

You are chock full of ignorance. Have you ever lived in another country? Has it ever ocurred to you that it's not as easy as just packing up and board the next plane to burgerland or someplace else? Have you even though of being in someone else's shoes from another country? To most people, leaving their country is a difficult thing to do, it's where they were raised, taught and grown accustomed to their customs, language, and way of life, no matter how shitty their current situation is. Plus, they'll probably know that they will still face discrimination from keyboard turbo autists like you that somehow, apparently know that they "deserve" whatever situation happens to them.

Suppose you were a 4 year old jewish boy that was sent to a concentration camp for being a jew in WW2. Would that be your fault? Or your parents, who probably led normal lives with no apparent danger at all until Nazis came knocking one day out of nowhere? Hell maybe even your race, just for existing? I mean seriously what the fuck?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.