[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/news/ - Current News

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 39 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

Meta on /qa/ only.
All meta discussion of boards is to be redirected to /qa/.

Gun control works great! Heres more evidence.

http://www.kcra.com/article/3-dead-shooter-killed-near-tehama-county-school-6/13600667
>>
seatbelts work great! heres more evidence.

http://www.wfmynews2.com/news/local/5-people-killed-in-crash-involving-stolen-car-in-greensboro/479883292
>>
>>197415
Isn't it a gun free zone? How could this happen?
>>
>>197419
I know your post is just satire, but this happens because we as a society have agreed to a certain amount of freedom, and part of that freedom includes risks of situations like this occurring.
>>
>>197415

They should prove they're really serious and care about this by making murder illegal.
>>
>>197423
Europe is doing great with their trucks
>>
Like 20 kids were killed in a school shooting, and nothing happened. Just give up, nothing will ever be done about guns, buy yourself a bulletproof vest and try not to exclude the quiet creepy guy from office events.
>>
>>197423
>we as a society
godless filth belong in concentration camps. It was not society, but the will of God which struck down those niglets.
>>
>>197423

they can try and ban guns left and right but if someone wants one theyre gonna get one
>>
>>197438
You can stop more shootings by becoming friends with your neighbors and being kind to co-workers than any law ever will. But that actually takes personal effort and people would rather change their Facebook status than actually face the problem.

People are killing others because they are unhappy, not because having a gun makes you want to shoot people.
>>
>>197415

dont care. why at the fuck is this shit in /news?
>>
>>197443
The West is in a self spiraling circlejerk of its own autism and nothing will pull it from the brink now. People would rather be evil. They'd rather see school shooters shooting shit up. They'd rather anarchy because FUCK THE SYSTEM.
>>
>>197456
Honestly gun violence and murder is down and has been for the last 30 years.
>>
>>197415
It's almost like the draconian gun laws of california do nothing to prevent mass shootings.

This all started when the mental health system went to shit.
>>
>>197467
>Drive to nearby state with lax laws
>Get a gun
>Drive back

It's like if it's not enforced nationwide it's useless or something.
>>
>>197446
Why are you here if you don't like news?
>>
>>197443
>People are killing others because they are unhappy, not because having a gun makes you want to shoot people.

that is true, but I don't think you know the root of their unhappiness. It's also not unhappiness per se, it's that you live in a country that's a superpower that can project its power globally. Your populaiton is controlled by fear and social cannibalism.
>>
>>197471
>Drive to state near Mexico
>Find greasy spice
>Buy illegally smuggled fully automatic AK47
>Kill 15 kids at school because their short legs can't carry them very fast then off yourself
>Profit
>>
>>197489
If you actually look at these shooters, 90% of them are fucked in the head, usually because they'd been bullied in school. That's why you have teachers who stop shootings by running up and hugging the kids with the guns, because they're fucked up from society being full of shitty, bratty kids who get off on torturing each other.
>>
>>197490
*spic
>>
>>197489
>that is true, but I don't think you know the root of their unhappiness.
Bad parenting, lack of life purpose working a passionless job, zero or plain wrong emotion knowledge (men don't cry, pussy"-my uncle who beats his kids and ex-wife), bullying as a kid with zero respite thanks to social media, poor economic situation, legit mental illness in extremely rare cases, behavior changes by wrongly prescribed medications. Do I need to keep going?

>It's also not unhappiness per se, it's that you live in a country that's a superpower that can project its power globally.
I've never in my life even thought that another country could invade and I have to live under an oppressive society. Damn, it sucks having a powerful military for sure my man.

>Your populaiton is controlled by fear and social cannibalism.
I'm controlled by fear? Fear of whom and for what? Please explain, I'd love to hear this.
>>
>>197509
it's already been explained to you so many times, I doubt I'll make a difference
>>
>>197510
It's almost like you get what you know about our society from bad sources with agendas.
>>
>>197510
I was actually hoping for a giant, ignorant rant but you can't even do that much. What a disappointment.
>>
>>197511
It's almost like Michael Moore says the things everybody is afraid to speak about. Meanwhile, everyone who tries to bash him definitely has an agenda
>>
Moore and Trump both say what nobody else does, Moore said voting Trump was the big FukU
>>
>>197517
except Trump says stupid things
>>
U.S is full of psycho and morons.
>>
>>197471
/k/ here.
Buying a gun out of state would still incur a background check, unless it was private sale by a 3rd party, and they are pretty sketch about selling to out of state residents.
So it'd be like this
>Go from CA to AZ
>Buy Gu- nope, not AZ resident.
>Cant sell to you, get out of my shop
>Go home empty handed
>>
Like Sweden is going to shit or what, name a stupid thing that didnt come true, he was bugged by bomber, hill is a criminal, it's all true dude
>>
>>197521
And even then, if it was a private sale, the responsibility of conducting a background check on the buyer is the responsibility of the seller.
So the seller should call the PD or SO and ask if the person has anything in their history, which usually takes 15min or so. If they flag, then no sale, and pd will usually come knocking. If they dont, there's no legal reason not to sell.
>>
>>197521
>>197524

>I am completely oblivious of the black market
>I am completely oblivious to the fact that people can buy a gun and snap, making their first offense news worthy, as well as their last.
>I am completely willfully ignorant that I am like that person, in that I am indoctrinated by fear and all teh things my government and their corporate overlords taught me to fear and project to other regimes, unrealistically, have been fully realised in my own country but my brainwashed mind cannot read reality.
>>
And really, does anybody sell guns to someone that isn't a friend, or friend of a friend, I don't think responsible gun owners sell a gun to anyone which is why there is a black market that you won't stop with any laws so there is that
>>
>>197529
so are you for the legalisation of heroin?
>>
>>197490

You know most guns in Mexico come from the US? The drug cartels hire Americans to buy guns for them, it's one of Americas' biggest black market exports, the other being horse meat.
>>
>>197415
Is this even news anymore?
>>
>>197537
you shouldn't accept it as everyday life retard
>>
Don't give a damn, shoot up and die, I have no worry for druggies
>>
During the Fast and Furious investigation, nearly 2,000 firearms were illegally purchased for $1.5 million, according to a DOJ inspector General report. Hundreds of guns were later recovered in the US and Mexico.
In 2010, two of the weapons linked to Fast and Furious turned up near the scene where US Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry was gunned down in the Arizona desert.
Whistleblowing led to investigations by the Senate Judiciary Committee and the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee. During the House investigation, Attorney General Eric Holder was cited for contempt.
Fast and Furious was one of the operations under Project Gunrunner, part of the Department of Justice's broader National Southwest Border Counternarcotics Strategy.
>>
Our govt sold them to Mexico so yup
>>
>>197467

Wow it's almost like there are different gun laws in different parts of the country.

>b-b-but CHICAGO'S GUN LAWS!!1!!1!1!1!1!1!1!!!!!11!

Located in a region where 3 different states are within 60 miles of the city.
>>
>>197539
Isn't it?
>>
>>197547
you should perceive it as an anomaly
something to be rectified
>>
>>197548
I wish Britain, Sweden, France, and Germany feel this way
>>
>>197550
what the fuck doyou even mean you idiot? You moron. People around you are getting killed for absolutely nothing but the profits of some fat cats and you're on 4chan telling stories.
>>
>>197539
which it isnt
>>
Its just commiefornians
>>
>>197528
>I am completely willfully ignorant that I am like that person, in that I am indoctrinated by fear and all teh things my government and their corporate overlords taught me to fear and project to other regimes, unrealistically, have been fully realised in my own country but my brainwashed mind cannot read reality.
well nationwide gun grabbing has not yet realized though some states are already on that
>>
>>197632
you can't have insurance
you have private jails
everybody is effectively in indebted servitude
your state spies on you

yet somehow, you think you are free because you can own a gun.

Let me ask you something: if can have guns to fight tyranny, then why are you living under a tyrannical regime? Isn't that the definition of delusion?
>>
>>197438
was actually just thinking of that.

how good are bulletproof vests and army helmets anyway? and where can I buy them?
>>
>>197553
It's true anon. Everyday muslims stab, shoot, spray acid, and drive into eurofags. And the EU fat cats do nothing
>>
>>197635
do think plenty of freedoms have been infringed in US- cause of the spying, taxes and much more just
>all teh things my government and their corporate overlords taught me to fear and project to other regimes, unrealistically, have been fully the qualifier
>all
all things we've learned to fear because of the foreign tyrannical regimes have JET not come to pass - as an example they still haven't disarmed the citizenry
the data collection and spying and media manipulation though have made a revolt quite unlikely and hard to lead -- as has of course been planned for long time
>>
>>197644
Depending on the level of vest/helmet, you can stop anything from small pistol bullets to large caliber rifle bullets. For example, I believe a kevlar vest rated as a class 1, something that can be very thin, almost an undershirt, will stop 9mm up to a certain distance. As you go up, the fabric gets thicker and heavier, but more capable of stopping bullets with higher amounts of kinetic energy. Note that any bullet, even if it doesn't pierce the vest, will probably at best sting like mad if not incapacitate you from the pain. It's more for preventing a casualty than anything else.

Ablative plating (I think that's the generic term for the ceramic plates that make up much stronger armor) can stop much, much larger rounds by nature of it fracturing and dissipating the kinetic energy of a bullet away from you. Generally the plates have to be replaced after absorbing shock.

I don't know as much about helmets, although I've had a buddy in combat in Iraq that got shot in the head by a 7.62x39, he blacked out for a minute or so but was otherwise fine, so I'm guessing there's similar tiers for helmets as well. Moreover than any of this information on armor is simply knowing how to reduce yourself as a target though, all the armor in the world isn't going to do a bit of good against someone who's 10 feet from you with a gun with your back turned to him. Presenting yourself as a small of target as possible (IE Distance), sight blocking objects and thick, dense material, and knowing the closest unblocked exits to any location will help just as much as a 4 inch plate on your chest, and the two are at their best when combined together.
>>
>>197535
>You know most guns in Mexico come from the US?

Yes, because Mexican drug lords with bazillions of dollars available to them and vast connections to the global black market, are buying their guns from mom & pop gun shops in the U.S.....
>>
>>197438
>try not to exclude the quiet creepy guy from office events.
tfw are the creepy guy at office
>>
Gun laws in the US need to change. Gun laws won't change though. Thanks NRA!
>>
>>197757c
>Be in school, late 90s or so.
>Always bullied for being the shy, quiet guy who doesn't quite fit in.
>Columbine happens, everyone flips their shit.
>People and teachers all try to act incredibly nice and including, some bullies ask if we're cool together and I won't shoot them if I rampage.

On one hand, it was nice that bullying basically stopped for years after that, on the other, I was more of a pariah for everyone's unease. Still think Columbine was one of the best things that happened for loners across the US since I probably wasn't the only one it provided a small reprieve to.
>>
>>197742
Not the writer, but all of this depends on angle of attack as well. Almost all body armor (but not tank armor!) is optimized around the assumption that rounds will come straight (normal/perpendicular) into the armor. Most body armor, both plate and fibre, is thus easily penetrated by bullets coming in at 45 deg or less -- that's how the worst chest wounds in the US wars in the last decade happened.. Wikipedia covers it all really well.
>>
>>197694
please reiterate and reply again, it's your job to make yourself understood, not the listener's.
>>
>>197791
Neat! I knew for tanks it was best for rounds to come at an angle (I remember a manual for the German Panzer III described it to operators with a picture of a lady slicing sausage, showing how small the slices were when sliced directly across and how long they were when done from an angle) but I didn't think about personal armor not adhering to that.

My biggest exposure to kevlar is actually working with wire cabling. In CAT5 cable, there's usually a few strands from one end of the cable to the other, and while they have high tensile strength and are very resistant to being torn, they still cut very easily with a knife or scissors. I guess that's something to keep in mind about body armor as well, it provides no protection from a knife.
>>
May God be with the people of Sutherland Springs, Texas. The FBI and Law Enforcement has arrived.
>>
>>197798
Yeah and those afflicted by the hurricane. Unlesss they don't sign that they won't support the embargo on israeli made products.
>>
>>197791
For those who don't speak English well, I mean "Wikipedia covers it all well" in that Wikipedia has an excellent comprehensive article on bullet-resistant body armor. Wikipedia itself is not a good covering in lieu of physical armor, unless maybe if you printed the entire thing out -- historum.com/war-military-history/66231-chinese-paper-armor.html
>>
>>197749

Yes.
>>
>>197933
No. Maybe so.
>>
>>197415
And not a single child was killed because their lockdown procedure was effective.
>>
>>197535

>You know most guns in Mexico come from the US?

Yeah, from the Obama adminstration. It was called "Fast and Furious." And they "accidentally" lost the guns. And then those guns were used by the cartel to murder American border agents.

Remind me again, why isn't Obongo hanging from a branch?
>>
>>198255
Because you're a fucking idiot?
>>
>>198255
Affirmative action
>>
>>197938
yes they are. why would you go to all sorts of crazy effort when you can just pay someone to legally buy a gun and then illegally move it over the border?
>>
>>198278
libshit has no comeback to logic
so calls someone names
seems about right
>>
>>198255
did you even check this? that was barely 2000 guns total in the fast and furious scandal. its estimated that 2000 guns a DAY are smuggled over the border . fast and furious was a drop in the bucket.

not only that, fast and furious was just an offshoot of wide receiver, over 2 years before obama even went into office.
>>
>>198489
Please describe one piece of logic in that shitstain.
>>
>>198495
Wide receiver was a joint program with the Mexican government that was shut down after loosing 150 guns. Fast and furious was Holder saying "hold my beer."

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.