[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/news/ - Current News

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 22222.jpg (116 KB, 1280x720)
116 KB
116 KB JPG
https://company.wizards.com/article/news/making-magic-spaces-safer
The safety of Magic events is of paramount importance to us.

Recently, a few former judges and players had their sex offender status posted to social media. In accordance with our policy, the majority had already had their access to Magic organized play suspended indefinitely, and were not active in the Magic community.

We learned, however, that an individual reported to the Judge Conduct Committee was inadvertently not decertified by Magic Judges nor reported to Wizards. You can read more about that here. However, once this was brought to our attention, Wizards immediately coordinated with Magic Judges—an independent community-run organization that operates and manages the judge community and its Judge Conduct Committee—to address the situation. That individual has now been indefinitely suspended as a player and the Magic Judges decertified the individual's status as a Magic judge. When Wizards learns that a DCI member or a Wizards Play Network (WPN) retailer is on a sex offender registry, we take immediate action to remove them from organized play and our promotional programs. We have a zero-tolerance policy. Sex offenders have no place in the Magic community.

As part of our commitment to safe and inclusive spaces, tournament organizers and retailers will be explicitly required to conduct background checks for all staff (as permitted by applicable law). This includes CFB Events' Grand Prix, local store events like Friday Night Magic, and professional events like the Pro Tour and World Magic Cup as well as convention play run by Wizards.
>>
>>217676

https://www.reddit.com/r/magicTCG/comments/7pyvey/making_magic_spaces_safer_new_background_check/

ITT you will find people legitimately defending pedophiles

I posted the original article by the person who did the doxxing (on a different account), and was banned instantly. As in, /r/magictcg recognized what I submitted and instabanned me without mod intervention.
>>
autistic people should be strung up and wiped out
>>
>>217678
You first.
>>
Before I'm lynched by people thinking of the children, there are a lot of people on the sex offender registry who shouldn't be.
>>
>>217681
And there are a lot of children without their parents at Magic events. I know what you're saying, but a company has to make a policy when parents complain, and sex offenders can join an unofficial adults league or do another ccg (of the literally hundreds out there).

If people want reform of how the registry is handled maybe autists should think hard before splooging over every tough-talking "law and order" candidate they try to meme into office,
>>
>>217676
Fucking ridiculous. These people need to be rounded up and placed in quarantine. The amount of damage they could cause to children and families is enough reason.
>>
>When Wizards learns that a DCI member or a Wizards Play Network (WPN) retailer is on a sex offender registry, we take immediate action to remove them from organized play and our promotional programs.

How many fucking pedophiles play Magic: The Gathering? Jesus Christ.

And let’s be honest, those kids are probably safe. Have you seen the kids who play Magic? They aren’t exactly the cream of the crop looks wise and nobody wants to molest an ugly kid.
>>
>>217693
Not everyone on the registry is a pedophile.
>>
>>217694
But they're all worthy of knowing about
>>
>>217677
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>217693
Probably a lot. There's a lot of pedos everywhere, multiple independent studies have been done and even the most conservative of them have shown that 30~% of men show sexual response to pictures of children under the age of 12.

Sex offenders have probably more on their plate to worry about than just getting the boot from friday night magic, and as been said, they can always go somewhere else.
>>
Hold on! There are actual children that play mtg? I always thought it was just 99% neckbearded (man)children.
>>
>>217697
TBH I'm more worried about wether a convicted burglar is moving into my neighborhood than a sex offender. Almost all CSA victims were molested/raped by close family members, not strangers out in the street, and sex offenders have the lowest recidvism rates outside of murder at 2-5%, whereas burglars in the US have a 77% recidivism rate within the first 2 years.
>>
>>217676
I remember when the registry was brought in and they promised it would stop pedophiles. Now the pedophiles just get clever and a range of people who are not pedophiles in any sense have their lives ended because their local DA wanted to be a judge.
>>
>>217702
Good for you
>>
>>217681
Agreed.
>>
>>217711
They just make playing cards, they;re not expert anti-pedo activists or anything, they made a good faith effort to stop pedos attending their games, pedos have found a way round it, now wizards is making another effort to banish them. Obviously, pedos will try to find ways round this, too, and in another few years wizards will probably have to launch ANOTHER campaign to get rid of them, its a non-stop process because more pedos are always coming along so even of you ban 100% of the epdos in magic, in a few years there will be new pedos in magic.
>>
>>217735
if you were a sex offender and just wanted to play some magic i dont think wizards is going to stop you. i dont know how friday night magic but i seriously doubt they do background checks on every guy that comes into a shop just to play.
>>
>>217677
banned the same as you would be here
>>
>>217689
>If people want reform of how the registry is handled maybe autists should think hard before splooging over every tough-talking "law and order" candidate they try to meme into office,
probably with that is people vote for them because they are "tough talking". if they're not and get into office and are soft on pedos and then a pedo in their constituency diddles a kid, people will start asking why they didn't get tough on them

Even if you think pedos can be rehabilitated (some probably can, most can't), they will always be the boogeymen who's blanket tough treatment political careers are built on
>>
>>217702
And yet you won't get career politicians running for office on the policy of "those pedos? Oh they just stick to themselves down the street, they don't reoffend as much as people that break into your house for meth, if I become mayor I'll promise to put my foot down on bergelers, not pedos burgerlers!"
People that break into your house to steal your stuff isn't "think of the children" enough to win people's hearts and minds over
>>
>You need a FBI background check to play magic
>It is now easier to buy a gun in some states than it is to play a card game.
>>
>>217693

>And let’s be honest, those kids are probably safe. Have you seen the kids who play Magic? They aren’t exactly the cream of the crop looks wise and nobody wants to molest an ugly kid.

Pedophiles are predators, they don't care about whether a kid is "attractive", they just need control and satisfaction for their urges.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.