[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Settings Home
/news/ - Current News

4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 8 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

RIP Stephen Hawking 1942-2018 🙏

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!

File: capture.png (177 KB, 679x1117)
177 KB
177 KB PNG
In a new report by the European Academies’ Science Advisory Council (EASAC), senior scientists from across Europe have evaluated the potential contribution of negative emission technologies (NETs) to allow humanity to meet the Paris Agreement’s targets of avoiding dangerous climate change. They find that NETs have “limited realistic potential” to halt increases in the concentration of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere at the scale envisioned in the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) scenarios. This new report finds that none of the NETs has the potential to deliver carbon removals at the gigaton (Gt) scale and at the rate of deployment envisaged by the IPCC, including reforestation, afforestation, carbon-friendly agriculture, bioenergy with carbon capture and storage (BECCs), enhanced weathering, ocean fertilisation, or direct air capture and carbon storage (DACCs).

“Scenarios and projections that suggest that NETs’ future contribution to CO2 removal will allow Paris targets to be met appear optimistic on the basis of current knowledge and should not form the basis of developing, analysing, and comparing scenarios of longer-term energy pathways for the EU. Relying on NETs to compensate for failures to adequately mitigate emissions may have serious implications for future generations," state the European science academies.

nice non banner image but I can still tell it's you climateshill
Agree he is so obvious
You're implying someone is paying me to be concerned about the existence of Earth's ecology and human civilization? I've done a lot of tourism, and if there's one thing I've learned, it's that Earth's one-of-a-kind and irreplicable biological complexity is always just as if not more impressive than sight seeing human settlements in just about any part of the world.
Not only will heating the Earth at an unnatural pace devastate us macroeconomically (let alone poorer countries), we're going to lose most of what makes our planet special and worth traveling
I knew it was you climate shill!
Don't worry anon, if global warming doesn't ruin the cultural beauty of planet Earth, the continued unchecked immigration levels will!

Those billions Africans are gonna have to swarm somewhere!
Then addess immigration if it's causing problems for your culture; addressing AGW and that are not mutually exclusive.

Heating is going to hit undeveloped and developin populations particularly hard. And our historic contribution has been significantly greater. There will be far more displaced peoples from places like Africa, and we will be responsible in no small part for their loss of livelihood.
>the climate shill announces his presence
>I've done a lot of tourism, and if there's one thing I've learned, it's that Earth's one-of-a-kind
are you an alien?
white paint was not invited to the competition; reflect the light, prevent the heat...
>I've done a lot of tourism
Way to ramp up the climate change, you planet destroying shithead.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.