[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/news/ - Current News

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 70 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

Image posting is back. Expecting a more permanent fix soon!

File: 1524540708870.jpg (277 KB, 1280x720)
277 KB
277 KB JPG
OCALA, Fla. An investigation is underway after it was reported that a teacher at Forest High School drowned wild raccoons in a large garbage bin while students in his agriculture class assisted and watched.

The mother of one of the students who was in the class Monday, who asked to remain anonymous, said her son came home in tears over what happened to the animals, which the teacher said had been killing the class's chickens.

"It made me sick. It made me sick to my stomach. It's terrible. It still does make me sick to my stomach," the woman said.

Pictures and video recorded by that student show a raccoon in a metal wire trap, which the teacher and students then lifted into a garbage bin while they filled it with water from several hoses.

"When the raccoons tried to come up for air they had metal rods and they held them down with metal rods and when the raccoon would try to pop its head up they held water hoses in its face to drown it," the mother said.

In one video, the tip of a raccoon's snout is seen sticking out just above the surface of the water.

"Why is he not fighting?" one person in the video says as the raccoon sits in the trap in the trash can filled nearly to the brim with water.

The woman said two raccoons were drowned Monday and an opossum that was found later was killed "just for sport."

"I don't think that's the way to treat any animal. Whether it is a raccoon or (another animal) you just don't torture an animal and kill it like that. They should have trapped the animal and had somebody take them and relocate the animals," the mother said.

Marion County Public Schools officials said they are investigating the incident and the teacher was placed on paid leave Tuesday afternoon.
https://www.clickorlando.com/news/teacher-drowns-wild-raccoon-during-agriculture-class-parent-says
>>
"While law enforcement tells us the teacher did not do anything illegal, his actions before students are certainly questionable. Until our investigation is complete, I cannot share further details. The district is determining the status of the teacher at this moment," a spokesperson said.

A spokesman from Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission said the agency is investigating the way in which the raccoons were killed. The findings of that investigation will be presented to officials with the state attorney's office, who will then decide if criminal charges are appropriate in this case.

To report suspected wildlife violations, call 888-404-FWCC (3922).
>>
Fuck raccoons, but how is this part of agriculture class? I'm curious.
>>
The kids are dumb for watching it and not attempting to stop it after the first time. They need to grow some balls if you don't like what you are seeing. Bystander are just as guilty.
>>
>>252219
Drowning animals isn't torture, torture is like playing with a knife making sure not to cut any arteries and only stressing the animal or just plain ol' beating.
t. rat-drowner
>>
>>252227
Agreed. The whole point of torture is make something feel like it is going to die, not to actually kill it.
>>
>>252222
>which the teacher said had been killing the class's chickens.
teach those pamby fuckers early they're gonna have to defend their livestock
>>
Lol, I've drowned a raccoon the exact same way. Amazing how long those fuckers will fight, but you know it's got a fatal amount of water in the lungs when it vomits foam.

And yeah, it's to teach one of the relatively clean, safe and semi-humane ways of killing pest animals. Not everybody can own a gun, and killing it by hand is too risky, rabies and infection are real threats even in first-world countries.
>>
>>252227
>>252236
Drowning is a prolonged and awful way to die. It is not humane at all. Waterboarding is literally controlled drowning and is considered torture.
>>
>>252241
I've been waterboarded, its intense and stressful but not really that bad.

Fucking hadji terrorists are a bunch of crybabies, and the liberals who oppose interrogation of war criminals should be marched out on a field and shot.
>>
>>252219
Now the Americans are being taught to torture and kill small animals in highschool. Well there ever be an end to their depravity?
>>
>>252252
>I've been waterboarded
explain the context in which you've been waterboarded
>>
I've had to do this also, except mine was a very pissed off possum
You don't catch and release vermin
Honestly it's probably nicer then stabbing it to death with a pitchfork
>>
>>252258
Frat initiation bro, my name is Chad and I'll be slamming pussy while you have a beta virgin sperg-out over some drowned raccoons.
>>
>>252252
>waterboarding has been officially declared as a form of torture, bah nah my faggoty anecdote of being lightly spritzed with water from my uni mates proves them all wrong
you should be marched out on a field and shot
>>
Impressed the teacher caught 2. They are quick vicious fuckers
>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Florida
>>
you should kill vermins.
it's retarded to stress upon how you kill them. it's pretty clear that drowning is not too cruel, perhaps there are better ways, but i do think that drowning should be safer than some kind of poison or splattering blood everywhere and you can't certainly expect farmers to equip themselves with an electrical shocker to kill every rat.
>>
If you own chickens, then raccoons, bobcats, stray cats and dogs, and literally everything else bigger than a baby chick (even other chickens) are a threat to them. You know what raccoons do to chickens? They eat the head. That's it. They fucking kill half a dozen chickens and just eat their heads and then fuck off and come back later and do it to more of them.

If you aren't prepared to defend your animals then owning them in the first place is IRRESPONSIBLE. This teacher is teaching these kids that owning livestock isn't like fucking Harvest Moon. Death is REAL. Yes, drowning is a very grisly way to dispose of these pests, but it's safe, effective, and arguably less traumatic than many of the alternatives. It's cleaner, safer and quieter than shooting them, disposing of the body is as easy as just opening the cage and dumping it out somewhere far away without even touching the diseased corpse yourself, far safer than releasing or handling a live (very possibly rabid) raccoon, and a billion times more pragmatic than calling up animal control to say "Hey I've got Rocket and 45 of his family members here in live traps, your problem now lol."

It's gruesome and terrifying but it's necessary. These kids NEED to understand that if they want to raise chickens, which I assume they do because they signed up for a class about raising chickens.
>>
>>252252
>not really that bad
Then you wernt truly waterboarded.
>>
>>252283
>drowning is not too cruel
It is extremely cruel. It is an excruciating way to die you fucking child.
>>
>>252296
but at the same time it causes very small gratification for sadic people and doesn't produce any blood splatter.
what would be a less cruel method btw? decapitation?
>>
>>252241
Your right I should just keep stomping them too death with my boots it’s much quicker and therefore less painful
>>
Killing Coons is always good.
>>
>>252219
He should've just shot the damn things behind his house and told the students that he did it, drowning it is plain cruelty.
>>
>>252296
You need to be at least 18 to use this website
>>
>>252219
The teacher probably tortures other animals. There is literally no reason to drown these things when a gun or captive bolt does the job ten times quicker, cleaner, and more humanely. This guy should at the very least lose his teaching job.

t. veterinarian who raises chickens
>>
>>252357
>Alright children, who wants to hold down this rabies infested vermin while I crack it's skull open? Remember to close your mouth and eyes so you don't get any juice in you!
You might be a Vet, but you are still fucking stupid.
>>
>>252357
This. Downing is a slow and cruel death, a well placed bullet to the head will kill most things instantly. Anyone arguing other know what they are talking about.
For an agriculture class it would have been enough to show the students the raccoons and explain why they are a problem and how to stop them. There was no need to demonstrate a gruesome killing, I agree the teacher is probably a bit of a psychopath.
>>
>>252360
>take a loaded gun to school and blow the brains out of an animal in front of students
Call me crazy, but I don't think that is a good idea either.
>>
>>252359
>>252361
You don't do it during class, numbnuts - these are high-school age kids. The teacher tells the class how he is going to dispose of the vermin, then does so later. There is no reason to kill the animal in front of the class, especially not in that manner.
>>
>>252363
HS age "kids" should be more than mature enough to handle a bloodless animal culling. Especially here in America where violence and bloodshed are so highly regarded (whether it's alt-right shock jocks or Antifa's punch a nazi nonsense). This is a very real part of farming and whether you think it's "humane" or "mean" is inconsequential to the reality of vermin. Fuck you and your sensibilities, you've never had to put up with this problem so don't pretend that you know the "proper" way to do it.
>>
>>252367
I am a farmer, idiot: check my first post. I actually DO raise chickens, ducks, ginnifowl, cows and goats, and have worked with Animal Control for years. Fuck you and your baseless outrage - convenience is never an excuse for cruelty.
>>
>>252241
The difference is that raccoons are pests. There are better ways of killing them, sure, but drowning is just as effective as shooting them. Generally safer too. Same thing goes for mice, rats and ground squirrels.
>>
>>252229
Yeeeah it wasn't tortured at all it was just held under water till it died! Fucking retard! Let's waterboard you a little, we‘ll see if you then consider it torture or not!
>>
>>252252
This thread is full of god damn retards!
>>
>>252283
>>252285
What ever happened to the good old smash to the head, with a heavy stick or something? If you hit them correctly, it's an instant death and blood shouln‘t hit you. No need to use a gun (all the time) or some cruel method.
>>
>>252298
That's complete bullshit. Sadistic people will enjoy seeing it struggle to get out and breath. Fucking idiot!
>>
>>252361
Another retard who can‘t read...
>>
>>252367
You‘re a goddamn idiot
>>
>>252398
>until it died
Key words there my friend. Waterboarding is torture, forced drowning is not.
>>
Meatcucks need to be gassed
>>
>>252299
I know you're being facetious, but yes, crushing an animal's skull and killing it instantly or within a few seconds is far more humane than making it suffer for minutes.
>>
>>252405
He's right, though.
>>
>>252225

>grow some balls
>not kill vermin

pick one
>>
>>252296

who gives a fuck. it's a fucking raccoon, you baby.
>>
>>252400
How do you propose to smash the head of a raccoon?
Without missing.
Without getting bit.
Without it escaping.

I'm honestly asking. The raccoon isn't gonna calmly lie down and wait for you to aim carefully. Almost every cage imaginable won't accommodate you swinging anything (heavy enough to smash a raccoon skull, and with enough force) in between the bars.
>>
>>252400
What this guy said >>252458
I seriously doubt you have ever seen an agitated raccoon in your life. They're all teeth and claws and they do not hold still if they want to be left alone.
You would not be able to "cleanly" crush their head unless you somehow wrangled and restrained it or drugged it before hand.
I seriously doubt there are many non-professionals who would be willing to do either when they can simply chuck the cage into a barrel of water.
>>
>>252368
Different anon here.
I think it's more about liability. Shooting the raccoons probably would've been best, but do you really think they'll let that happen at a school, or even off site on a field trip? Killing the raccoons with any sort of close execution method opens the children to risk of bite, claw, and disease, and the school to liability.

I'm fond of raccoons despite the knowledge of the havoc they cause, but even I see why he did it. Honestly they should've had the kids sign a waiver or permission slip for this though in order to weed out the kids unable to take a literal lesson on life and death. Hell, we had to do that just to feed live mice to the class snake back in HS.

Really the best thing would've been just to shoot them, but that's an impossibility in the current political climate.
>>
Fuck raccoons no different than roaches.
>>
This was done at my highschool and the kids loved it. Different times I guess.
>>
>>252219
>a woman complains about something that needs doing
>>
>>252492
see
>>252527
>>
My buddy had chickens that he was raisingbback when I was 18
>be 18
>my friends pretty upset because his favorite chicken just had it’s head pulled through a cage
>we’re outside smoking a blunt
>hear trap go off
>Find a snarling raccoon pissed as fuck hissing and glaring at us
>talk about quickest way to kill it....couldn’t shoot it because in the suburbs
>Decide to go ask Romanian 40 y.o. for advice
>he assures us he can handle it
>grabs a piece of rebar and stand and impales this thing over and over again until it’s dead
>Pretty disturbing even though I’m not a tree hugger or anything
Moral of the story, Americans are really pussifies when it comes to killing animals
>>
>>252252
>I've been waterboarded
having your mate pour some watur from a bottle onto a napkin over your face just to see what waterboarding is like is not being waterboarded.
>>
Anyone who doesn't see a problem with this ought to be drowned by aliums. They are to humans as humans are to raccoons. I would enjoy seeing the self proclaimed rat drowner ITT clawing at a metal cage gasping for air while greys stand around poking him with sticks
>>
>>252647
Dude that's my fetish.

In fact, being drowned by ayyys is pretty much the only way I can cum anymore.
>>
>>252429
You have clearly never killed anything with steel toes
>>
Hunter here, shot and kill a lot but for some reason drowning in a cage has always just bothered me. To me it seems one step closer to serial killer.

Completely hippppoooocrital
>>
>>252666
Not at all man. Animals don't deserve pointless amounts of pain and suffering, if you're gonna kill one make his death as quick and painless as possible. They're conscious being like us but sometimes there's just no escaping us ending their lives (pest control/ food supply) and we have to live with that and move on.

Anyway if you intentionally torture or needlessly kill an animal then you are a sick demented fuck because you enjoy seeing them die.
>>
>>252252
Me and my buds from college used to waterboard each other for fun. We weren't nice about it either: ratchet strapped to a piece of plywood, hung almost upside down, backwards ski mask in two paper bags, water from a garden hose, punches in the stomach if we thought you were holding your breath.

It is torture. That's why we did it.

Ya'll fuckers need to grow a pair and go to a private military school. Then you can feel dead on the inside like the rest of us.
>>
my father did the same thing but in the old steel gargage cans, he even once killed a skunk that way, peeeeeeeeeeeww!
>>
>>252258
The context is as follows: it's not real. He fuckin made it up and retards reading it believed his dumb ass.
>>
>>252448
>torturing living animals is fine as long as it's from this arbitrary subset i conjured from my asshole just now

Sociopath normalfags need to fucking leave right now.
>>
>>252892
well, no shit, but i wanted to see what he would come up with

turns out we've got a lot of people in here who are basically hardass navy seals with over 700 confirmed kills, who would have thunk it
>>
>>252893
It's not torture to intentionally drown something, dumbass. Torture implies that your goal is NOT to kill, but to inflict pain. If you kill the thing you are torturing, you fucked up.
>>
>>252222
>how is this part of agriculture class?

id assume its pest control.
>>
Lots of silly children in here with no respect for animals.

America: horrible country. None of you were raised correctly. You should respect animals and be humane to them. Drowning an animal is a cruel, pussy's way to deal with a pest problem. The most humane way to kill a nice raccoon is to put it in a helium tank with a bit of food to give it a pleasant send off.

You shouldn't need to kill them anyway, just secure your chickens, it isn't impossible.
>>
>>252922
>just secure your chickens
A wise man at the hardware story once asked me a simple question when I wanted to buy a squirrel proof bird feeder. "How often do you think about keeping squirrels out of your bird feeder? How often do you think the squirrel thinks about getting into your bird feeder?"
>>
>>252922
Racoons hit chicken coops like a natural disaster. Once one is really keen on your birds, it's just a matter of time. I've seen hardware cloth torn apart by these fuckers.

A bullet is way more practical than using helium like you're executing a goddamn prisoner, but good luck keeping even a reasonably powered air rifle on hand in a modern age school.
>>
>>252922
> I am a huge faggot who has never had to raise livestock
>>
>>252479
how the fuck do you shoot a captive raccoon?

go out in a field with your SPAS12 and let the fucker out, then hope you get him in the first few shots?
>>
here's a nice animal killing story from only a couple of weeks ago

>be me
>pine tree with squirrel nest in front of my apartment
>get home one bitter cold windy day
>step out of the car to find a half-dead nestling twitching around on the ground
>it's been laying there for at least 4 hours, the eye facing the sun had turned blue and glazed over, thing looked fucked
>picked it up with a rag and put it in a plastic bag so it would at least be warm and comfy
>grab a 24oz framing hammer for the coup de grace
>take it behind the apartment and lay it down, double bagged
>bash its head with the hammer a few times, felt it completely smush on the first hit
>blood is smeared all over the inside of the bag
>turn around to see 2 apartment maintenance workers standing a few feet behind me
>they saw me squatting behind my house, smashing some animal with a hammer
>pick up the bloodied bag and they walk past without saying a word

I wanted to say something but it was just too weird, they probably think I'm a serial killer now
>>
>>252905
>what is execution by torture
>>
>>252219
>Agriculture Class
So what did the teacher do wrong? The pissy little faggot isn't fit to be a farmer, obviously.
>>
>>253041
Drowning is the usual way to deal with vermin. What would prefer, that he bring a gun to class and shoot them? Or some poison maybe, let the kids watch them writhing in agony and bleeding to death internally? Dumb cunt.
>>
>>253007
Yeah you are definitely on a list someplace now. But you did the right thing, RIP squirrel bro.
>>
>>253007
when I was an eagle scout I caught a bunch of fish and tried to kill them with a hammer because I heard somewhere it is more humane than stabbing but they kept swimming around the sink they were in with their mashed in heads
>>
>>253099
Should have tried drowning them :^)
>>
>>252227
>>252229
>>252241
>>252678
So the teacher enhanced interrogated the raccoon to death
>>
>>253007
I do this to every mangled critter the local felines catch, must've killed around 20-30.

I'm past feeling bad for them, or feeling good about easing their suffering,
but I never lost the sense of urgency, every second of suffering counts.

I would do this even to my own detriment.
There's a part of me that will not stand for pointless agony of innocent beings.
>>
>>253142
>I never lost the sense of urgency, every second of suffering counts

the world's best chicken tendie establishment is a half hour drive from my house, I get the shit to go and make the drive frantically in 20 minutes so it's still hot when I get home
had to set it down for at least 15 minutes to do the deed and it was cold by the time I got to it, though really I was no longer hungry

am I a fucking hero or what?
>>
>>253140
The raccoon may have had information about Russian collusion and advanced tactics had to be used.

>>253041
An oxymoron?
>>
Sick. I grew up with raccoons as pets. We never caged them. Eventually they move on, but would visit once in a long while to get petted and played with. They are very sociable animals with long memories to those they bond with. What this teacher did was disturbing, cruel, and is symptomatic of someone with mental illness, sociopath.
>>
>>252222
It's like pest management, see racoons are dicks. They dont eat all the chickens they kill, some just find it fun to behead them, and thats money you lose. Regardless of what pansies say, you do have to kill sometimes
>>
>>252236
I agree with you man, "cute" as they may be they're filthy and touching them is dangerous, trapping and releasing isn't anywhere near as effective or easy and people try to say
>>
>>252241
Should we waste a shit ton of money to lethally inject them? Take em out back like old yeller?
>>
In my ag class, we thought we got all hens but as our younger chicks matured we discovered some roosters. We don't need 5 roosters, but the teacher said we cant slaughter them during the school year, while it would be highly educational there are too many cry babies who would be upset we killed them, let alone were being taught how. I wish we could just put all these snowflakes in their own school.
>>
>>253197
They. Kill. Chickens. What part of this don't you understand? Farmers don't kill them for yuks, they kill them because they have to.
>>
>>253202
>I wish we could just put all these snowflakes in a death camp
FTFY
>>
>>252241
Sup, trained in emergency medicine here, drowning is not prolonged at all. 30 seconds of thrashing then you pass out. Shut the fuck up
>>
>>253242
30 seconds of agonized thrashing and suffocation as you try to breathe through water filled lungs is prolonged.
>>
>>253201
Trap and release if possible.
Grip traps that break the spine instantly.
For animals already caught in cages use a cattle prod to stun them then shoot or bludgeon the animal.
>>
>>253247
it's just 30 seconds stop being a pussy
>>
>>253249
>Trap and release
Yeah great idea, let some other farmer have his livestock killed, at least your hands are clean, right?
>cattle prod to stun them
So torture them okay.
> then shoot or bludgeon the animal.
Yeah shooting it and letting it bleed out or bashing it to death with a club is obviously the humane approach, much better than it just passing out and drowning.
>>
>>253003
Put gun through cage and pull the trigger, why would you let him out?
>>
Obviously it's dumb to complain about killing animals in an agriculture class, but this seems like an incredibly sadistic way to kill a captive animal, on the order of setting it on fire.

Why not poison it? There must be some pest control poisons that you could buy off of the shelf and hide in a sausage or something.
>>
>>253254
Wow I can tell you've never used a gun.
>>
>>253257
IT IS VERMIN. IT IS NOT A TRASH BANDIT, IT IS NOT A FOX WITH A MASK ON, IT IS FILTHY VERMIN. Why bother spending the extra time and resources feeding it poisoned food? They are clever little fuckers too and will learn to avoid poisoned food. I know drowning them makes you feel sad, but honestly it's one of the better ways that have been used throughout history.
>>
>>253277
If I happen to have a gas can handy but not a big barrel, that's not an excuse to be an ass hole. A humane kill is worth a trip to the store for a psychologically normal human being.
>>
>>253282
Son, if you can't handle drowning a 'coon, you're not ready to know where bacon comes from.
>>
>>253257
>Why not poison it?
Do you even know how this poison works? I'll give you a clue: They don't just drift off to sleep and die peacefully, they bleed to death internally over hours or DAYS, in agony. Real humane.
>>
>>252252
>intense and stressful
Yeah, but what's the point? It clearly leads to bad intel or no intel at all, since all the stress makes for a flaky mind and mental state. Perhaps you'd like to recall stuff under stress? Pointless.

>liberals who oppose interrogation
normal interrogation is actually more effective, but have it your way. Just a waste of taxpayer money. Call McCain a liberal all you want.
>>
why not just bully the raccoon into suicide?
>>
>>252296
Meanwhile, a pack of lions slowly attack/eat an asshole of a big animal to death for hours.

I get where you're coming from and clearly those kids should've been told what they were getting themselves into from the start (in case they weren't), but this is what farmers do. Get dirty and kill animals. Then again, if the teacher was laughing and having fun, I would not mind if he was fired, since we are all just trying to survive, even those fucking pests, and should be met with a small amount of respect, in my opinion.
>>
>>253231
Ty
>>
>>253289
>this poison
What poison? Are you telling me that every commercially available poison works the same way, and that there is no dose of any of them that will kill you quickly? That you'd rather be drowned in a cage than die of internal bleeding? Both seem pretty unlikely to me.
>>
>>253341
Why are you anthropomorphising a raccoon and trying to force the person you are arguing with into choosing how he would like to die? A person would never be in a situation where they would be trapped in a cage and drowned for trying to kill their neighbor's chickens. There is no reason to imagine how you would like to be executed in a preposterous way unless you plan on degrading yourself by going feral and lowering yourself to the animals level.
>>
>>253341
>Are you telling me that every commercially available poison works the same way,
Pretty much. Find me some commercially available poison that isn't some kind of blood thinner.
>and that there is no dose of any of them that will kill you quickly?
Here's the problem with that: You can't force the animal to eat more of the poison. If it only eats a bit, it's going to suffer, horribly. If it takes some back for its babies they're going to suffer horribly too.
>>
>>252893

>torturing living animals is fine as long as it's from this arbitrary subset i conjured from my asshole just now

this is literally true, though.
>>
>>252893
>arbitrary subset
>pests
>>
>>253341
>That you'd rather be drowned in a cage than die of internal bleeding?
YES my grandfather died from a bleed caused by a doctor's medication fuck-up while on warfarin and it was so utterly horrific none of the younger kids were even allowed to come see him. I fucking guarantee you if those to options are ever the only ones available you should pick drowning.
>>
>>252219
Bad karma, man. The teacher must be a hillbilly or a spic.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.