[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/news/ - Current News

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 41 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

File: RTX67O4W_0.jpg (64 KB, 600x338)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESJ49H2hq40
>>
A joint MI6 DGSE BND assassination team has removed the two madmen who posed the greatest threat to world peace
>>
>>259106
It's fucking happening!!
2 hours until historic meeting!!
May peace be upon our glorious leaders trump and Kim
>>
>>259106
At this point expectations are so low Trump would be succeeding if he didn't shit his pants.
>>
One hour until the biggest presidential accomplishment in 25 years begins
>>
>>259129
Stop shitposting Hillary
>>
>>259106
It's a once in a lifetime event, so amazing. Honestly Trump deserves a peace prize much more than Obama.
>>
>>259106
The smack talk about Canada an the other G7 states seems like it could have been a play to get Kim more on side, connecting through a bit of nationalism.
>>
>>259142
I agree it's common sense
>>
>trump deserves a peace prize :)
oh yeah, nothing better than turning your back on decades of diplomacy decisions and going into talks with the worst dictator in the world without any preconditions.
>>
>>259148
Is that you John Kerry?
>>
>>259142
I irrationally hate trump, and even I can say almost anyone deserves the peace prize more than Obama.
>>
>>259154
Dennis Rodman deserves it, not Trump.
but yeah, Obama getting it for not much was a little silly.
>>
I was half expecting Un to activate Rodman's secret kill mode like a madman mid conference
>>
>>259154
underrated post
>>
live coverage of event.
https://www.youtube.com/embed/1G5F74aY2pY
>>
live in 3 hours: Trump speaks after summit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOkHLGKuQmY
>>
>>259106
Can't wait to see how CNN spins this negatively
>>
Obviously because both are actively involved in simulation of foam, the US initiative form computational fluid dynamics took place. http://openfoam.org/
>>
I literaly remember Obama in his campaigning saying he would meet with North Korea and try to make peace. He did fuck all. Truth is leaders if they are free can make peace easily if they want. Most leaders are told to continue wars. Obama was all peace talk and war in reality. Trump is the opposite.
>>
So far, it doesn't sound like Kim made any commitments he didn't make back in April, but at least Trump is saying he's going to end the annual joint US-SK war games, which is good. Trump: "...They were provocative" - NO SHIT SHERLOCK! Dunno who the hell thought that was a good idea with all that North Korean artillery pointing at Seoul on a hair trigger. ...Oh wait, it was your idea, wasn't it?
>>
>>259255
> ...Oh wait, it was your idea, wasn't it?
The war games go back to Clinton, who started a yearly exercise in the first place. You can't blame Bush or Trump for that one as much as you would like to.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foal_Eagle
>>
>>259205
Can't wait to see how /news/ spins it negatively.
>>
>>259148
He already did more for peace than Obama when he won
>>
>>259259
My bad, he just restarted them after the olympics. Thanks, was having trouble figuring out when that started.
>>
>>259271
Also, particularly bad of Clinton to do that, when he's the one that got the hundred Pentagon war scenarios, all of which involved Seoul being wiped off the map with millions dead within the first three hours.

Albeit, he was also the first president to get majorly screwed by Best Korea - might have had something to do with it.
>>
>>259148
Obama won one because of what people thought he was going to do. Not by what he did.
>>
>>259277
If I convince people I'm going to defy gravity will it grant me Nobel in physics? Fucking swedish cucks they only did it so they could suck king nigger dick
>>
So let me see if ive got this right.

He promised to end the joint exercises, without warning the military or SK, I. Exchange for...what, exactly?

NK already ended their own testing because the mine they were using collapsed. As far as I can tell they haven't promised everything they weren't already going to give.
>>
>>259262
Not saying much
I may support Obama, but he didn't deserve the peace prize at all.
>>
I'm glad this is happening but boy is this some ass backwards shit.

>Get upset when Obama meets with Castro
>Get upset with the Iran nuclear deal
>Do the same things with North Korea
>Pretty clear that China pushed the North to sign the deal
>If China wanted this why didn't they do it 4-8 years ago
>>
>>259254
The Powers That Be pushed back hard against a lot of the good Obama wanted to do.
They're letting Trump get away with it to make him look better than the otherwise absolutely abysmal job he's doing.
>>
>>259293
>The Powers That Be
You mean Congress? Elected from gerrymandered districts to serve big corporations and lobbyists?

No wonder they like the guy who does whatever they tell him.
>>
>>259286
Fuck even he didn’t think he deserved it
>>
>>259260
>Can't wait to see how /news/ spins it negatively.
here you are:
>>259284
>>259290
>>259293
>>259296
>>
post summit speech:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOkHLGKuQmY
>>
>>259299

>>259290 here
I'm not spinning it negatively. I'm trying to figure out why it was bad when Obama did it but good when Trump does it and why China didn't push for this earlier? It would have saved us a lot of stress.
>>
>>259301
> I'm trying to figure out why it was bad when Obama did it but good when Trump does it
its good what both of them did, and im not sure anyone in this thread claimed otherwise
or if you are referring to how news covers things, the msm has little basis in reality, they cover things according to what their target audience wants, and CNN covered the Castro/Obama meeting favorably, and Fox did not... not because it was anyone's actual opinion, but because main steam news is polarized af in the US and is just trash
>>
the beginning of the follow up speech has an obvious propaganda video play
https://youtu.be/bOkHLGKuQmY?t=17m54s
>>
>>259284
Well, he also got him to return some soldier's remains. Albeit, not in writing.

Yeah, he didn't get shit, yet, but at least he's claimed his administration is serious about it, so now he's no choice but to pressure Kim for everything he can - and who knows, maybe he'll come through.

Plus, it is pretty clear that China is pushing Kim as well, which is a much bigger deal for Best Korea. Even if it's because China decided, "We can only have one maniac with nuclear weapons at a time.", it's a good thing.

>>259301
Probably because they could depend on all the previous US Presidents not to actually start a war. There's advantages to being viewed as unpredictable, I suppose. (Even if there's an equal number of disadvantages.)

Granted, to that end, I doubt how seriously Kim can take a promise Trump. or the US in general, given how he reneged on the Iran deal, which was basically the same thing. Next guy might decide Trump wasn't hard enough on Kim and fsk the whole thing up.
>>
>>259379
obama did not ratify the agreement as a treaty through congress Trump said he is going to submit any agreement to congress to enact. Obama's was an executive order which can be easily undone a treaty can not as it has to pass through both houses of congress.
>>
>>259393
Odd, I recall there being a big hoopla about Congress fighting over it...

http://iranprimer.usip.org/blog/2015/sep/11/congress-votes-deal
https://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/11/us/politics/iran-nuclear-deal-senate.html
>A procedural vote fell two short of the 60 needed to break a Democratic filibuster. It culminated hours of debate in the Senate and capped weeks of discord since the United States, Britain, France, Germany, Russia and China announced the agreement with Iran in July.

>The debate divided Democrats between their loyalties to the president and to their constituents, animated the antiwar movement on the left and exposed the diminishing power of the Israeli lobbying force that spent tens of millions of dollars to prevent the accord.

Granted, since he ended it, we lost our inspectors there, and Russia, China, and most of the EU are still trading with them, so... Ain't gonna be able to pull a North Korea there, unless you can get them all back onboard again.
>>
>>259396
It was not over the deal it self just sanctions.
Obama did not want to submit it to congress because then the republicans would have shit all over the deal and him.
>>
>>259397
>H. Res 411 claiming that Obama did not submit all the elements of the deal to Congress, as required by the Iran Nuclear Review Act
>H. Res 3460 to prevent Obama from lifting sanctions on Iran
>H. Res 3461 to approve the deal

https://docs.house.gov/billsthisweek/20150907/BILLS-114hjres-PIH-Approving.pdf

Eh, save the middle one... Sounds like it was about the deal to me. They voted, Congress had its say.
>>
>>259393
>obama did not ratify the agreement as a treaty through congress
He did, even if they had to twist his arm to force him to in the end. Trump has been overturning trade agreement treaties left and right with executive orders, some sourced from his own party. Treaties apparently mean nothing... Not that the US wasn't already rather notorious already for violating its own treaties.
>>
>>259106
and the winner is.......CHINA
rorororo
>>
Didn’t Kim’s nuclear testing site collapse? It sounds like “We don’t have enough money to continue after our last failure, so let’s pretend it’s for peace.”
>>
>>259106
https://youtu.be/bOkHLGKuQmY
>during the Clinton regime
the absolute madman, how can Trump win so much?
>>
>>259407
>Didn’t Kim’s nuclear testing site collapse?
much more likely they intentionally destroyed it to cover up state secrets leading up to all of this.
keep all the information somewhere else safe and destroy the facility.
they were probably using russian and chinese tech and their buddies over in russia and china told them to shut it down before the US got involved.
>>
>>259407
according to the press release last night after the summit the detonation of their nuclear test site was intentional
>>
>>259416
>state secrets
Like the one where they don't have nuclear weapons and were simply mass-detonating conventional explosives to fool the morons.
>>
>>259435
lol maybe
if true, they did a damn good job of fooling all of the satellite sensors that detect radiation
>>
Why cant Mr. Trump stop winning?
I'm getting really irrationally mad at all the winning he does
>>
>>259446
name a single other thing he did this last year that counts as "winning"
>>
>>259449
>other thing?
what did he win?
>>
>>259449
not dying?
>>
>>259406
/thread
>>
>>259449
>>259453
>>259455
>being this triggered by a positive thing
>>
There is a special place in hell for Trudeau but Kim is a nice guy.
>>
>>259106
The hate America is really angry that this happened.
>>
>>259449
Tax cuts.
The eceonomy.
End of the Iran deal
End of the Paris climate deal.

Ect.
>>
>>259406
This is what lefties belivies.
>>
>>259471
Well treudaeu stabbed us in the back on trade.

You sound like a butthole Canadian.
>>
>>259494
>Tax cuts.
>The eceonomy.
One of which demonstrably fucks the other in six years or so, just like it did every other time someone tried trickle down while ignoring the consequences. Meanwhile, nothing he's done for the economy has taken effect yet, save maybe those tariffs, which thus far, have been nothing but bad for the speculative market.

>End of the Iran deal
You mean bjorking the same deal he now wants to make instead with Korea, while giving Iran a full pass to make nuclear weapons, exactly like their hardliners wanted, without any sanctions that actually matter to them, since near everyone else on the deal went right on trading with them?

>End of the Paris climate deal.
An all but entirely symbolic deal that made effectively no demands on us we did not volunteer to make on ourselves, wrecking our international standing in the process by cementing us as a rogue nation that doesn't give a shit about ourselves or the rest of the world, even in gesture, just to please his base? (Which also goes to why those other nations are still trading with Iran.)

Sounds like four loses to me.

Meanwhile, thus far, the "deal maker" has committed to a military stand down on Kim that's been ongoing for over twenty years, while Kim hasn't committed to anything in writing he hadn't already claimed to commit to in April.

At least he put an end to those bump stock options, I'll give him that - and being real, I at least have hope for this, but beyond that... Not seeing a lot of wins. (I'd count ending the ACA individual mandate, if he did anything to fix it, rather than just continuing to break the thing further.)
>>
>>259423
North Korea tends to cover up their failures though, so the strength of that statement seems suspect
>>
>>259449
pretty sure he won the travel ban thing
>>
>>259516
>You mean bjorking the same deal he now wants to make instead with Korea, while giving Iran a full pass to make nuclear weapons, exactly like their hardliners wanted, without any sanctions that actually matter to them, since near everyone else on the deal went right on trading with them?
(being this delusional) yes, he is going to send a cargo plane full of cash to kim jong, im sure
you sound really ass blasted anon, do you need some Preparation H to soothe that butthole of yours?
>>
>>259524
If by "sending a cargo plane to cash", you mean lifting the sanctions in an agreement to get them to end their nuclear weapons program and put in inspectors to verify it, yes, that's exactly what he's saying he's doinjg, and yes, that's exactly the same thing we did with Iran.
>>
>>259548
The Iran deal was a bit better, as we didn't give them anything (such as ending joint military exercises) until we had them sign an actionable treaty.

Unfortunately, yeah, now they are in a better position than they were, when all the signers, and the UAE, were putting sanctions on them, in an effort to get that agreement. Now, it's basically just us, and we were never a major trading partner anyways. (Though we were about to become one, with Boeing readying to sell Iran Air $16 billion in passenger jets, just before we violated the treaty, killing the deal.)
>>
>>259556
>violated the treaty
not a treaty it was an executive order.
Which is how Trump repealed it with the stroke of a pen.
>>
>>259559
Congress finally made him ratify it (H. Res 3461). He ends all treaties with a stroke of a pen - half of the tariffs he's pushing are violation of treaty, most of which were trade agreements made under Bush.
>>
>>259564
If it was a treaty then congress would have had to vote to repeal it first nice try.
>>
>>259564

The Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA) is not a treaty or an executive agreement, and is not a signed document. The JCPOA reflects political commitments between Iran, the P5+1 (the United States, the United Kingdom, France, Germany, Russia, China), and the European Union. As you know, the United States has a long-standing practice of addressing sensitive problems in negotiations that culminate in political commitments.

The success of the JCPOA will depend not on whether it is legally binding or signed, but rather on the extensive verification measures we have put in place, as well as Iran’s understanding that we have the capacity to re-impose — and ramp up — our sanctions if Iran does not meet its commitments.

The Iran deal wasn’t binding then, and it’s not binding now. It wasn’t a true “agreement” then, and it isn’t now. America can’t break its word when it never made a promise.
https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/iran-nuclear-deal-not-signed-document-not-binding/
>>
>>259565
Not when Trump is your president. Do you have any idea how many treaties he's violating with those tariffs?

http://docs.house.gov/billsthisweek/20150907/BILLS-114hjres-PIH-Approving.pdf
>>
>>259567
That was only the case until September 11th, 2015, when Congress forced a vote on the subject, resulting it it being ratified. It's a real treaty, just like all the other one's he's violating. Ali Khamenei became a signer once the sanctions were lifted. It's just certain conservative news outlets like to focus on those few months it was in limbo.

http://iranprimer.usip.org/blog/2015/sep/11/congress-votes-deal

It's just that this treaty, and trade treaties, are ultimately dependent on executive power, so Trump feels free to violate them all he wants, and he can more or less ignore the WTO.
>>
>>259569
>are ultimately dependent on executive power which he has the power to use obama should have given congress the final say not made it rely on the executive.
>>
>>259570
Congress had its say - what part of this are you not understanding?

Congress also had its say in all those trade agreements.

Trump, does, not, give, a, shit.

Granted, that's why so many folks love him, though given the lawsuits in progress, it's probably going to bite those efforts in the ass.
>>
>>259572
>given the lawsuits in progress, it's probably going to bite those efforts in the ass.
The president and congress are more or less free to ignore even SCOTUS, or GITMO and all the black sites would have been shut down six years ago. SCOTUS has no military arm and no executive power, so if POTUS and Congress doesn't go along with them, they are just pissing in the wind.
>>
>>259572
Congress did not have the final say they could have crafted deal to make them have the final say and not the president.
>>
>>259574
>http://docs.house.gov/billsthisweek/20150907/BILLS-114hjres-PIH-Approving.pdf
This thing, right here, they approved it. You are blindly repeating some propaganda, while ignoring the bloody .gov linked house bill that contradicts it.

...and congress never "crafts" treaties, aside from a select committee (which they had for that) - they just vote on them.
>>
>>259117
>greatest threat to world peace
Oh yeah. Those jackboots are going to march down the street any minute now, what with North Korea going to disassemble their nukes and all.
>>
These are great days we're living bros

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ea2qb5qTeQI
>>
historic win for Trump.
this is literally going to be in history text books.
>>
>>259129

Regressive trash is crying again :(
>>
>>259499
Trudeau did not.

“The entire mainland of the US is within the range of our nuclear weapons and the nuclear button is always on the desk of my office. They should accurately be aware that this is not a threat but a reality...” – Kim Jong-un,1 January 2018.

You're right. Kim is a good guy and Trudeau is the butthole.
>>
>>259106
https://nyti.ms/2Mlapnj
>>
>>259406
>>259456
you posted this already, samefag: >>259635 >>259659
>>
>>259414
>Clinton regime
kek
>>
>>259675
We DO have two different threads on the matter.
>>
>>259603
Well, Nixon did go to China.

What else did he do during his presidency...
>>
>>259678
Founded the EPA...

Probably not what you're alluding to though.
>>
>>259678
he ended the bretton woods system
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bretton_Woods_system#/media/File:U.S._Productivity,_Real_Hourly_Compensation_and_Trade_Policy_(1948-2013).png
>>
>>259692
Oh yeah, that thing. Well, Trump's killing it, so that's an achievement. Or it might be.
>>
>>259705
i can found an organization named 'protectors of peace' that just gets payed tax dollars to eat shit all day and then write reports on the quality of shit they are eating, but at the end of the day, even though they have a positive sounding organization, they are still just an organization that gets paid to eat shit
>>
>>259707
Non Sequitur.
>>
>>259710
not quite, the point was just convoluted.
basically nixon made a bunch of bad decisions and the EPA, although having a nice name and praiseworth mission statement, were just wasting money
>>
>>259712
How so?

We know global climate change (or as the term apparently is very popular here, Anthropogenic Global Warming, or AGW) is very real.

So the EPA's purpose is a good one. And you're not seriously going to defend everything Scott Pruitt is doing, are you?
>>
>>259704
In other words, killed the last remanence of the gold standard, reserve standards, and gave us the petrodollar.
>>
>>259721
yup. nixon made a lot of bad decisions.
>>
>>259629
Kim was bluffing.
Canada did physically attack us before.

you're comparing a twitter flamewar to actual war.

Canada is a traitor.
>>
>>259759
>Canada did physically attack us before
Fucking when? The war of 1812?

That wasn't Canada, you mindless cuck, that was ENGLAND, because CANADA WASN'T EVEN A COUNTRY.

Meanwhile we actually fought the north Koreans, and because of the lack do a treaty we are technically STILL FIGHTING THEM, since the 50s.

Seriously. Justifying your opinion with 200 year old outdated history is beyond retarded.
>>
>>259770
Not an argument? (Or are you just trying to prove my point?)

Your dick might get hard when ya hear "tax cut", but they do not work like ya think they do.
>>
this was one for the history books
>>
>>259759
England attacked US. And in fact. US had allies in that war. The french part ( Quebec, previsouly known as Canadiens before Canada was a country) was on US side during that war. They wanted none of England.
Kim is bluffing and that is why there is a total embargo on them. Ok.

>>259769
Ok, i have to agree with you.
>>
>>259205
True lol

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.