[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/news/ - Current News

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 26 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

http://www.kabc.com/2018/07/11/fight-to-end-driver-licenses-for-illegals-in-state/
T
Theheght against licenses for illegal immigrants in California may go to the voters in November.

Don Rosenberg’s son was struck and killed by an illegal immigrant driver in San Francisco and he’s working now to get an initiative on the November ballot to repeal A-B 60 – the law allowing illegals to get driver licenses: He says the stats point to the law’s failure

“Well, if you’re willing to say that over 12-hundred deaths are acceptable for the million people that have been given driver licenses in California, then we’re better off. But I’m not willing to say that. And that’s just deaths. That doesn’t count hit and runs, that doesn’t count collisions.”

He said he tried to persuade lawmakers in Sacramento that the bill would fail to make the roads safer.

“I was the only person in the state -which is pretty hard to believe considering how many people are here – who testified against AB 60 – the drivers’ license bill and I never once said they shouldn’t get a license because they’re here illegally. My testimony was all based on research I had done; that they had been terrible drivers and you give them licenses and it’s not going to make them any better.”

His website is FightSanctuaryState.com
>>
>>268905
Giving illegals driver licenses was a mistake.
There's no guarantee they are who they say they are that's what makes them undocumented
>>
>>268905
>>268953
You guys are idiots and gullible as shit if you think adding licenses to begin with or revoking them is going to do shit.
>>
>>268905

My motorcycle got totaled because some dude in a shady truck wasnt looking and rammed into me, then he sped away. By the look of the truck and that he ran literally immediately, he was probably an illegal, so fuck those people
>>
>>268987
>By the look of the truck and that he ran literally immediately, he was probably an illegal, so fuck those people

I guess you realize that your reasoning is stupid
>>
>>268989

I'm guessing you don't live in LA
>>
>>268905
I hope they do. The fuckers can't even afford insurance and flee the minute they hit someone.
>>
>>268979
It will dipshit. As a resident of California, there are numerous instances of illegal beaners getting into car wrecks and fleeing the scene. They don't have insurance, yet are allowed to drive. It's fucking retarded. That's like setting aside classroom time and encouraging grade school kids to fuck but no providing condoms. It's that stupid.
>>
>>269218
This
>>
>>269218
If they're willing to commit hit&runs, then I really fucking doubt taking their licenses away will fucking stop them from driving
>>
>>269240
Sounds like honestly they just need to go back from where they came from.
Problem solved
>>
>>269255
The parasites will just return, the federal government needs to instill fear into them with capital punishment.
>>
>>269267
if you wanted to do this you would need to abolish the eighth amendment first

personally i think that amendment kind of sucks but it's there
>>
>>269301
Amendments only effect American citizens. Illegals do not have the same rights.
>>
>>269305
That's simply wrong. They are binding for everyone under u.s. Jurisdiction
>>
>>269312
They are in the land illegally with no record of existence in the USA, by all accounts shooting them would be the equivelent of shooting thin air because they should not be standing where they are.
>>
US needs some identification for "guest workers" however a drivers license is too much of a universal ID in the US mostly because states are against the notion of a federal ID infrastructure.
>>
>>269327
I don't believe that operating a motor vehicle is a universal human right. Drivers licenses should not be handed out without testing and background checks.

Also there is significant financial responsibility when driving on public roads. Does it make sense that vehicles carry insurance but not drivers?
>>
>>269319
I second this
>>
>>269319
>>269344
You're both retarded
>>
>>269319
By your logic, getting shot by an illegal would be the equivalent of being killed by thin air, and therefore nobody should be charged with murder since it was an act of god, no different than being killed by lightning.
>>
>>269405
That's pretty much the case. They can't be sent to prison because they aren't an American citizen so they get deported and a couple months later they come back over the border. How do you think drug cartels are able to function so well?
>>
California lets illegal immigrants go after they commit a crime. They also made it illegal for local police to talk to some federal employees so crimes can be repeated again and again. I live in California but not for long. Too many hit and runs caused by illegals. The state capital in Sacramento has gone insane too much booze and too many drugs effecting their judgement. They don't care they live in gated communities with guards...they are immune to the violence they create. We can't even take proper care of the people that are already here.
>>
>>268905
The only reason illegals can get a license in California is so that they can vote. Really corrupt stuff
>>
>>269409
Except they can be sent to prison, because unless they have diplomatic immunity they are subject to the laws of the United States while in US territory. Foreign criminals (both legal and illegal) are only deported if their crimes are sufficiently minor (trespassing, shoplifting, running a red light) or there exists an extradition treaty with their home country which wants to charge them with other crimes. Convicted murderers and other serious criminals are NOT deported unless extradition takes priority. Murder SUSPECTS, however, do get deported after being acquitted of the murder, typically for other minor crimes they were convicted of (including being an illegal).

Further, if you want some hard numbers, according to the Bureau of Prisons there are currently over 37 thousand foreign citizens in federal prison, which is 20% of all federal inmates. Of those imprisoned foreign citizens, over half are Mexican.
>https://www.bop.gov/about/statistics/statistics_inmate_citizenship.jsp

So your logic is flawed. Illegals can be punished by the laws of the United States, which means they are subject to the laws of the US, thus they also receive the protections of those laws as well, regardless of their legal status.
>>
>>269418
They get sent to prison for free food, shelter, and honestly a better form of living while getting to stay in the country they illegally entered and the American tax payer gets to pay for someone that never paid a single tax for the country in their entire life. Prisons also fill up and need to make room so most of the time the illegal doesn't even serve the full sentence so they are then released back into the country. I refuse to accept a justice system that rewards a criminal.
>>
>>269520
Sources on all of that dumb shit?
>>
>>269413
>too many hit and runs
You fucking parrot. Lurk more faggot.
>>
>>269549
>Sources on all of that dumb shit?
thats.. how prisons work
>>
>>269418
Yes and no. They're subject to our laws when on our land, same as we would be on theirs.
However, theu do not have the same rights as citizens, aka the bill of rights and amendments.

Here's an example.
If you, a German Citizen, went to France, are you granted all the ssme rights anls a frenchman? No, you cant vote, you can't run for office, etc. But you still can't murder people, or run traffic lights without repercussion.
Same here in the US. Commit a crime, you'll pay for it, but that doesn't mean you are a US citizen granted the rights by the constitution.
>>
>>269561
That's a good point that you don't get all the rights, but you do get all the criminal protections because you have to go through US court systems. Aliens (both legal and illegal) are also granted protections via the 14th Amendment, Section 1, which states "nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws." This is further clarified in Yick Wo v. Hopkins, which clearly defines "any person" to include foreigners.

>>269520
Because losing your freedom and performing hard labor with the possibility of getting shanked is such a vacation. If prison is so great, why is there still a homeless population in America when they could just commit petty crimes and get free food? Again, illegals who commit petty crimes get thrown the fuck out of the country, only the serious fucking murders, rapists, and dealers are kept by the US prison system, and those guys are not having a fun party like those bankers in low-security, white-collar prison.

>Prisons also fill up and need to make room so most of the time the illegal doesn't even serve the full sentence so they are then released back into the country.
http://time.com/4065359/california-prison-release-department-of-justice/

Overcrowding prisoner releases are, they only happen with a court order (which means you need to reach "cruel and unusual" levels of crowding) or when there is a significant change in criminal law. Plus prisoners released in these events had a recidivism rate of only 1% (compared to the 30% of the general prison population). Crime rates for most categories actually fell during those years as well (with the exception of vehicle theft).

Also, aliens who committed a crime serious enough to not be deported are NOT EVER going to be released as part of a mass release.
>>
>>269562
>Because losing your freedom and performing hard labor with the possibility of getting shanked is such a vacation.
That's the exact same lifestyle for most illegals outside of prison. Do you really think shanking is only done in prison and not in the streets? Also losing 'your freedom'!? If you come into the country illegally then you already broke the law and have no freedom. Just because you enter the country doesn't mean you get the same rights as an American citizen or a legal immigrant. Why does illegal immigrants seem to get more rights then a legal immigrant anyway?

>If prison is so great, why is there still a homeless population in America when they could just commit petty crimes and get free food?
https://www.theguardian.com/society/2010/dec/23/homeless-committing-crimes-for-shelter

>Overcrowding prisoner releases are, they only happen with a court order (which means you need to reach "cruel and unusual" levels of crowding) or when there is a significant change in criminal law. Plus prisoners released in these events had a recidivism rate of only 1% (compared to the 30% of the general prison population). Crime rates for most categories actually fell during those years as well (with the exception of vehicle theft).

>Also, aliens who committed a crime serious enough to not be deported are NOT EVER going to be released as part of a mass release.

I guess you missed the news when Obama was president.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/04/29/ice-under-fire-for-releasing-thousands-illegal-immigrants-with-rap-sheets.html

https://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/immigration/item/17963-obama-administration-releases-68-000-illegal-immigrant-criminals
>>
This is a special driver's license that:

May NOT be used for identification purposes.
MAY be used to drive anywhere throughout the state of California.

...This license was a mistake
>>
this law is biased as fuck.
it doesnt even allow any undocumented immigrant to get a drivers license, it specifically caters to people from:
Mexico
Argentina
Chile
El Salvador
Peru
Guatemala
Ecuador
if your not on the CA DMV's ethnic list, then you cant drive
>>
>>269731
Source?
>>
>>269732
Ca dmv website.
Just Google Ca DMV Driver's License undocumented
It's under the section about approved forms of identification
>>
>>269732
I also just noticed that the mobile website is different from the desktop website. The desktop website lists the required documents and only lists nine countries
>>
>>269734
>>269735
I took a look at what I believe you're referring to:
https://www.dmv.org/ca-california/ab-60-drivers-license.php
(AB-60 Required Eligibility Documents)

>>269731
I think you may have jumped the gun on this one. It's a little confusing but the only "bias" is for immigrants from Mexico which only need one of the approved documents for identification, which makes sense due to its close relationship to the US and Mexican immigrants likely making up the majority of applicants for this card. Those from the Central and South American countries you listed (as well as Korea, curious oversight on your part) have a slightly harder time since they also have to provide a passport. If one is an immigrant from any other country, they have to provide several ("as many as possible") other documents in addition to a passport. The list of approved passports include countries from all over the world; additionally, it's noted that those from non-listed countries can still apply (they just have to jump through even more hoops).
>>
>>269327
I think you forget- you can in many or most states- get a "non driver" license. but- wait for it- you need to be a legal resident gee whiz what a concept

>ID for guest workers
it's called a visa.
if you need any other ID to be a "guest worker" you are an illegal.
>>
>>269582
>That's the exact same lifestyle for most illegals outside of prison.
Except you get paid for your work outside of prison, a good portion of which is often used to support family, whether they are with you in America or back in their home country. If your goal is to fund your family, or simple upwards mobility (you know, the American dream and all), being in prison does not help you.

>If you come into the country illegally then you already broke the law and have no freedom.
Except nobody knows you broke the law, and as long as nobody can positively identify you as illegal you can continue doing whatever the fuck you want. There's a huge difference between walking around outside knowing you're here illegally and being literally confined in a cell.

>https://www.theguardian.com/society/2010/dec/23/homeless-committing-crimes-for-shelter
I concede this point, I thought this phenomenon was more limited to Japan and Scandinavia. However, these guys are citizens, the calculus changes for foreigners since you can be deported at any point, so it's not a long term solution (unless you get a life sentence, in which case you're some sort of insane retard). Hell, from your article, a lot of them are limiting their crimes to make sure their stays are short, nobody in their right of mind tries to make prison a long-term solution for homelessness.

>I guess you missed the news when Obama was president.
You managed to completely misunderstand your own linked articles. The criminal aliens in your articles had already completed their sentences and were transferred to ICE, but then either had issues with their deportation (their home country would not accept them) or discretion was used because their crimes were minor. They were not released early because of overcrowding. This is not to say that it's not bullshit that some countries won't take their dudes back, but the point of contention was that they weren't serving their full sentences.
>>
>>268905
illegals in California can get legal drivers licenses and the state is trying to get them free health care, all of this on the taxpayer dime.
>>
>>269821
>They were not released early because of overcrowding.
thats rampant in California, granted its more because of people pushing "tough on crime" but wanting to pay for it.
>>
>>269267
Public floggings, aired on their national news broadcasts, followed by deportations should do the trick. Or rounding up the repeat offenders and putting them on the firing line. If that doesn't make people shudder at the idea of sneaking in, they are either very desparate or very stupid.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.