[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/news/ - Current News

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 31 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

4chan Virtual YouTuber Contest - Submit Designs Here

Janitor applications are now being accepted for the next ~48 hours. Apply Here

File: 1269828096318.jpg (55 KB, 375x500)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
Soon the only thing they'll own is congress.
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/nra-says-new-york-blacklisting-campaign-driving-it-out-business-n897521

The heart of the National Rifle Association’s mission is to block the government from taking people’s guns.

Now the Second Amendment advocacy group says the government is trying to put it out of business.

The NRA said in a recent court filing that New York state’s campaign to push insurance companies and banks to cut ties with the organization had already cost it “tens of millions of dollars” this year and could ultimately make it “unable to exist as a not-for-profit or pursue its advocacy mission.”

Unless the courts step in and stop New York, “the NRA will suffer irrevocable loss and irreparable harm if it is unable to acquire insurance or other financial services,” the group said in a complaint submitted in federal court on July 20.

Even before the fight with New York, the NRA was struggling financially, reporting a $45 million budget deficit in 2016 tax documents.

The NRA is also at the center of an FBI investigation into an accused Russian spy's efforts to influence American politics.

And yet the NRA appears to remain at the peak of its powers, able to mobilize its millions of members to support state and federal political candidates who share its gun-rights agenda. It spent heavily on President Donald Trump’s 2016 campaign, and now has an avowed supporter in the White House.

But the NRA’s legal arguments make it appear that it is now at the edge of doom.

Its lawsuit accuses New York of a “blacklisting campaign” comprised of “selective prosecution, backroom exhortations, and public threats” that “will imminently deprive the NRA of basic bank-depository services, corporate insurance coverage, and other financial services essential to the NRA’s corporate existence and its advocacy mission.”
>>
While the NRA and New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo have a long history of antagonism, the current dispute relates to a set of actions he began this spring.

n April, Cuomo ordered the state Department of Financial Services, which regulates all banks and insurance companies doing business in New York, to urge those companies to reconsider its ties to the NRA. The DFS complied with an industry memo that cited a public and corporate backlash against the NRA following the Feb. 14 massacre at a high school in Parkland, Florida ─ essentially telling them to join the backlash.

Then the DFS went after companies that did business with the NRA, fining Lockton Companies and Chubb for underwriting the NRA’s “Carry Guard” insurance, which the agency said unlawfully covered gun owners’ “acts of intentional wrongdoing.” (The NRA says the program covers members’ expenses “arising out of the lawful self-defense use of a legally possessed firearm.”)

The NRA’s lawsuit accuses New York of a campaign to deprive its members of “their First Amendment rights to speak freely about gun-related issues and defend the Second Amendment.”

The NRA did not respond to request for comment. Cuomo’s office referred questions to its earlier press releases.

---
I'm sure they aren't really going out of business and the NRA is just claiming it to get Republican controlled courts to intervene because the NRA is a merchants of death operation and New York is cutting into their bottom line.
>>
>>275656
but if the state is really doing what they are saying they are doing then regardless of how you personally feel about the organization you should be worried as this sets up a dangerous precedent.
>>
>>275689
No, they are not a Business, they shouldnt act like one. They should be financed by member contributions and if they need insurance perks to get members, maybe people aren't really interested in their cause
>>
>>275692
Yeah no, fuck you. The NRA represents the interests of millions of American firearm owners. The idea that means that they shouldn't be able to offer perks or some shit to get people to join is fucking asinine. This is just the latest in a long line of gungrabbing bullshit propagated by one of the worst states in the union as far as recognizing firearm rights is concerned.

>>I'm sure they aren't really going out of business and the NRA is just claiming it to get Republican controlled courts to intervene because the NRA is a merchants of death operation and New York is cutting into their bottom line.
Again, fuck this bullshit. The NRA is the most effective federal level second amendment advocacy organization in existence. Shit like what Jew York is trying to pull here is an attempt at undermining the NRA and eventually destroying it. It probably won't work, no. But that doesn't mean I or anyone else with a brain will be happy to ignore obnoxious libtard attempts to take a hacksaw to the bill of rights.
>>
>>275694
So it would be ok if blm offered people a free house for joining? They would still represent a democratic movement and not just show people care more about comforts than integrity?
>>
>>275694
>Help exacerbate the problem of mass shootings
>Now confirmed to be laundering campaign money for a hostile foreign power.
>Was influenced by a fucking Russian Spy
No, fuck you. If you do business with the NRA, you have blood on your hand and should be held accountable. Which is what New York is doing, and businesses are exercising morale leadership by breaking ties with the anti-American organization.

If you want to compensate for your tiny dick by owning a gun, I'm sure there's some gun 'rights' organization that isn't being controlled by Russia or getting their kicks off seeing dead children.
>>
>>275696
>If you want to compensate for your tiny dick by owning a gun

Opposite is true mate. Fear of guns is tied to infantile sexual development. Why is it so important to you to disarm everyone?
Why are you so afraid of legal guns?
>>
>>275764
>projecting this hard
>Not even refuting the parts that involve the NRA because they're right.
>>
>>275654
Remember when the IRS was targeting conservative groups, and the hardrives of all 6 people who had emails that would shed light onto that, failed?
What are the chances.
>>
>>275696

Kys commie
>>
First of all, a boycott of the NRA in one city bankrupting the organization is highly, highly suspect. Saying so is probably just alarmist PR to up support.

Secondly, there are legit gun rights organizations. The NRA isn't one of them. The NRA started as being about gun rights, but they've since been bought out, now they're just a corporate lobbying organization. They've intentionally kept silent when the wrong peoples' gun rights have been violated, and their goal is now only to maximize gun ownership at all costs, not stand up for constitutional rights.
>>
>>275802
>and their goal is now only to maximize gun ownership at all costs

Correction: their goal is to maximize gun SALES, specifically by major American manufacturers, at all costs. Maximizing ownership is merely a side effect of that goal. The NRA is totally fine with import bans and anything that hurts foreign gun manufacturers even if it lessens choice and restricts rights for domestic consumers. They are further willing to ban certain guns, accessories, or methods if they think it will protect sales in the long run, like when they backed the 1968 ban on mail-order guns (because a mail-order rifle killed JFK).

If they could get away with it I bet they would secretly fund gun-control Democrats, because Obama was the best president for them: scary enough to drive up sales, but toothless enough to never actually pass legislation. I'm pretty sure the ideal scenario for the NRA is a Democratic president and a Republican controlled congress with a major shooting every X months: you'd have a major figure calling for gun control but no actual political power to pull it off. The fear of a potential ban would maximize gun sales and new NRA memberships without actually getting guns banned.
>>
>>275654
>>275654
>>
>>275810
>in 1968
Do you realize that all the NRA board members from that time are dead?
>>
>>275868
This, they're hellbent of flooding the market with guns (for personal profit) regardless of the blood it spills.
I'm sure Trump could be shot tomorrow and the NRA would defend the gun manufacturer who was responsible for making the gun that killed him.
>>
>>275872
wouldn't we all
>>
>>275872
they would be right to, guns are inanimate objects.

t. trump supporter
>>
>>275810
Who cares

No other group lobbies for 2a rights
>>
>Posted a $45 million loss
Wut
>>
man the blue shills really crop up on the gun control threads, don't they? I wonder where this anti-gun shit comes from, whether it's brainwashing from hearing it repeated ad-infinitum on social media, or whether it's something more subtle.. do they actually think guns are the issue?

the part that i get a kick out of is that they think banning guns will somehow fix the problem, when even the fucking FBI posted data that the previous "assault weapons" ban actually increased black market gun sales because the banned weapons were (obviously, to anyone who understands even basic supply/demand econ) more desirable to collectors, hobbyists, enthusiasts, and the like. Most of those people aren't criminals, but simply exhibiting the age-old human trait of wanting anything you can't have. Don't they know banning guns will only make the problem worse? don't they read the data that handguns are -still- the leading tool in gun-related homicides in the US? Don't they pay ANY ATTENTION WHATSOEVER to actual data, facts, logic, etc? Don't they fucking realize - shouldn't they fucking realize - that our ONLY true defense against a tyrannical government is citizen ownership of guns? Are they so completely ingrained to trust the system that they never question whether or not it actually works with their interests at heart? God, with Trump being in office (not that I think he's much more than a con-man) you'd think the libtards with half a brain would actually wake up and realize that, oh shit, sometimes the government isn't my friend, maybe that's why we should be allowed to bear arms? But no, instead you see all of them parroting the same thing - ban the guns, protect the children. Don't they realize THEY'RE the ones killing the children by glorifying these mass-murderers (presenting their names and pictures on television instead of just Shooter #XYZ)?
>>
Furthermore, I find it insane how none of them see how their "everyone's special" mentality and their ineffective (now mandatory or else you get CPS called on you) hands-off approach in child-rearing is exactly how these maladjusted youths, the natural losers, the outcasts, get such a mixed message when they're told they're special and important and yet see all the other (popular or semi-popular) kids being blatantly given preference over them, being told that they're unique when they get entirely glossed over and ignored, and yet they're surprised when these kids find their way on the internet, realize that they can get a twisted sort of fame while simultaneously fulfilling a rather generic adolescent revenge fantasy, and start figuring out a way to beg, borrow, or steal some sort of weapon from somewhere and do exactly what their instincts tell them (natural human killer instincts is exactly why children naturally fight and argue and bully each other, when these things are repressed you of course see them crop up at a much worse level later on in life) and go out and put a bullet in all the kids that made fun of, ignored, never gave a shit about them. It all makes a twisted sort of sense - we shouldn't recoil in horror and refuse to comprehend why these things happen - that's never going to lead to any solutions to this problem, all it will lead to is a psychologically comforting knee-jerk reaction that is ineffective in the long run and actually takes away some of our rights. We CAN understand why school shootings happen, we CAN take measures to treat it with preventative therapy methods, but we WON'T because it would force us to look inward and realize that, above all, none of us is really that much different from the kid that walked into school one day and opened fire. It's the refusal to accept the basic truth of humanity's violent nature which is why we'll fail to ever address this problem in a meaningful or effective way.
>>
>>276997
>none of us are different from school shooters, thus we shouldn't ban guns

Then explain why we've not seen a single school shooting in Australia or Britain. In Europe, terrorists kill civilians with guns in rare attacks. In America, they do a great enough job of it themselves every single day, through neglect or deliberate action.
>>
>>277000
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/12/world/australia/mass-shooting-osmington.html

or what, it's only relevant when it happens inside a school?
>>
>>277000
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5971706/london-shootings-2018-forest-gate-brixton/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Mass_shootings_in_Europe
>>
>>277000
https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/4wb9p3/mass-shootings-in-europe-in-2016

from a liberal website, no less
>>
>>275696
We can’t all lick the boot.
>>
>>277008
wanting the government to reduce/eliminate 2nd amendment protections is just a different flavor of bootlicking. realize that you're not licking a better or a worse boot, merely a different one.

the only solution is to build your own bunker and arm yourself to the teeth while you still can. which is exactly what many people are doing, right now, specifically BECAUSE of efforts to reduce gun ownership/sales

welcome to the real world, the gov't doesn't give a fuck about you and nothing is as safe as your hugbox led you to believe
>>
>>275696
>Now confirmed to be laundering campaign money for a hostile foreign power
>Was influenced by a fucking Russian Spy
People... people really believe this?

We have slipped deep into the propaganda hole friends
>>
this shit is so 1950's red scare that it's not even funny.

what, did we just forget about mccarthyism in the past few decades? it seems political bullying and overzealous bullshit with hidden agendas has become so normalized nobody notices anything when it's going on

>NRA gets conveniently framed, falls for it because they're not doing their homework
>NYS, one of the most liberal, anti-2a (remember that SAFE act that had to have a metric shit-ton of revisions because the original law was so blatantly illegal and full of holes that even NEW YORK court systems took issue with it) states in the union uses this convenience as an opportunity to launch a lawsuit/blacklisting campaign that Cuomo in all his idiocy has been chomping at the bit to instate

nobody sees an agenda here? nobody sees a potential conflict that might lead to perhaps some bias? This is just like everything else Cuomo has his hand in - designed to appeal at a surface level to voters too stupid to actually read into anything, and yet when scrutinized it completely falls apart into a mess of personal vendettas, uninformed policymaking, with a nice seasoning of good old-fashioned new york state corruption.

>b-but muh children
>>
>>275654
Good. They're total cucks that are perfectly fine with restrictions on automatic weapons. Support GOA if you want an organization that actually cares about your God-given rights.
>>
>>277012
Hahahaha ok G.I Joe. Where I live this isn’t a problem the common citizen doesn’t live in fear of the government taking our guns because there is far to many and no one feels like getting shot. Building a bunker you serious? A bunker is nothing more than a fancy grave.

What’s a life like living in constant fear of something you can’t do anything about?
>>
I love Andy Cuomo's response.

>too bad, you broke the law
>>
>>277034
>implying you can't do anything about it

also bunker is protection (extreme weather, etc) regardless of human adversary or not.

What's life like being a slave to your masters?
>>
>>277013
Uh ho, spagettios...
https://www.thedailybeast.com/kremlin-used-nra-to-help-trump-in-2016-says-senate-intelligence-committee
>>
>>277075
>daily beast
As unsuprising as this would be, is that really the most neutral source you could find?

You know Redcaps love to use the Fruit of the Poison Tree defense.
>>
>>277075
>daily beast
>daily beast reporting on what the daily beast reported
>only evidence are associations with a Russian gun rights activist
Let me know when there's clearly documented evidence the NRA was actually laundering money, outlining an actual money and paper trail instead of pointing to vague associations and "unknown details"
>>
>>276995
People with guns rising up is a meme, without about half The army or overseas support You wont win a civil war. And in both cases you'll have more guns than people willing to fight anyways.even if somehow every gunowner is willing to die for his cause a single tank or bomber will kill enough people to demoralize the rest. The only real way to fight is massive civil disobedience, strikes and sabotage. You know, things that are mostly organised by unions
>>
>>275695
>not just show people care more about comforts than integrity
This is why I'm a monarchist tbqh. Still, fuck gun-grabbing kikes.
>>
>>277077
>>277079
>This level of damage control.
A Republican committee found that the NRA was laundering money for Trump. A R-e-p-u-b-l-c-i-a-n one.
>>
>>275872
>I'm sure Trump could be shot tomorrow and the NRA would defend the gun manufacturer who was responsible for making the gun that killed him.
I'm a Trump supporting, non-NRA member who would agree with them.
>>
>>277077
>>277096
You doof, I'm not being damage control for the redcaps, I'm trying to help! Citing sources like daily beast and raw story doesn't make you look good because they're biased.

Not as badly as daily stormer, and at least they don't lie, but the point stands.
>>
>>277115
I should clarify that it's raw story and daily beast that stick to the truth. Daily stormed is a festering hole in the bottom of the American media.
>>
>>277096
>A Republican committee found that the NRA was laundering money for Trump
Post the evidence showing the paper and money trail that shows this happening. Oh, right, it doesn't exist.

>>277115
>and at least they don't lie
>>277116
>should clarify that it's raw story and daily beast that stick to the truth
LOL, are you guys TDB interns?
>>
>>277069
What a projection, man you need to go outside for a bit and just see what regular life is like. I really hope your not white.
>>
>>277000
Part of the reason is probably because your countries censor the shit out of violent media and guns haven't been able to spread like in the US. And as the previous poster mentioned, we make fucking stars out of the shooters/victims of these things.

Here the genie is out of the bottle and we have to find a way to deal with the weapons.
>>
Ok all the right-leaning commenters need to at least agree that there was Russia collusion. All the indictments, trials, and convictions are clearly showing that.

Also we're not 'gun-grabbing communists' (I'm assuming you got that from alex jones). We just want to limit the range of guns for sale b/c honestly your freedom isn't being limited by banning bump-stocks and taking certain rifles off the market, we're protecting the people of America.

Mass shootings are an epidemic in America. which is also the country with the most guns per 100 people (112guns/100ppl).

If stricter psychological surveys and background checks took place shooters wouldn't have gotten guns, and if they had somehow passed but only pistols and low-power/capacity rifles were for sale they wouldn't do nearly as much damage as they did.

How are you guys so blind? Guns are the problem. If we limit gun purchases gun culture would be reduced and troubled kids would just see a psychologist or something instead of shooting up a school.
>>
>>276995
First off, let's be real - all of these weird far-right fantasies about fighting a tyrannical government with their weapons is ridiculous. The structure of the US government ensures that complete leadership is virtually impossible, and if they tried to pass a bill giving them ultimate power they'd be protested by virtually every citizen and challenged by every state court not to mention US allies and it would never go through.

We don't need guns. Us democrats don't consider storming the white house armed as a way to influence politics, we prefer to do things the peaceful way. Tbh it worries me that the first thing that comes to mind when you think beating political adversaries is STORMING THE CAPITOL. This kind of thinking only further shows me that psychological tests and bg checks need to be better made and always done before dispatching gun licenses.
>>
>>277455
Where's the collusion?
What information did the Russians pass on to the Trump Campaign?
The indictments are russian spies spying, some guys spending 200,000$ on ads with no link to the trump campaign, when Hillary's campaign spent a billion on advertising, and Manafort lobbying prior to Trump even declaring his candidacy.
>>
>>277487
>No there was none, zero proof
This would be a sensible statement a week ago.

Let's start by defining collusion as 'willing cooperation with the Russian government with the purpose of winning the election'. This seems sensible, no?

That's exactly what the mine 2016 meeting was about. Don Jr. And co. sought dirt on Hillary from an agent of the Russian govt to win the election.

Furthermore, this IS a crime - soliciting aid from a foreign power is a violation of USC 52 30121.

And Trump has admitted all of this personally.
>>
>>277469
George Papadopoulos talked to a Russian professor with substantial connections in Russian govt. during his time working with the Trump campaign. The prof. introduced him to Putin's niece and someone connected to the ministry of foreign affairs.
>>
>>277469
Also he lied about all of it to the FBI. If he had been upfront about it it could have just been separate business, but his lying implies the FBI is going the right direction and he's trying to protect trump.
>>
>>277491
>soliciting aid from a foreign power is a violation of USC 52 30121.
So is the steele dossier a crime?
Christopher Steele is a known foreign intelligence agent, as opposed to Natalia Veselnitskaya, who is a lawyer.
>>
>>277501
>Also he lied about all of it to the FBI. If he had been upfront about it it could have just been separate business, but his lying implies the FBI is going the right direction and he's trying to protect trump.
So does lying to the FBI mean you are guilty?
If that is so, then the DOJ will likely have to charge former Deputy FBI Director Andrew McCabe with perjury or related offenses. A report from the Office of the Inspector General indicates that McCabe lied at least four times to federal investigators.

Former FBI Director James Comey may also have lied to Congress when he testified that he had not written his report on the Hillary Clinton email scandal before interviewing Clinton. Former Director of National Intelligence James Clapper and former CIA Director John Brennan lied under oath to Congress on matters related to surveillance.

Clinton aides Cheryl Mills and Huma Abedin likely lied when they told FBI investigators they had no idea that their then-boss, Hillary Clinton, was using an illegal private email server. Both had communicated with Clinton about it.
>>
>>277502
If it had been ordered by the dnc it would be, but it wasn't so It isn't.
>>
>>277503
>>I cant be a murderer your honor, someone else did something similar so I must be innocent
>>
>>277508
So long as murderers are all thrown in jail, as opposed to having one set of standards for republicans, and another for democrats I am fine with it.
The media and justice department covered up for Democrat crimes under Obama, Obama administration officials wouldn't get charged. I would be fine with Flynn being thrown in jail, George Papadopoulos thrown in jail. So long as Cheryl Mills and Huma Abedin were as well.
>>
>>277502
>>277506
Steele was not a rep for the british government when he co-authored the dossier.

In addition it wasn't requested by the DNC or Hillary, it was requested by one of Trump's rivals.
>>
>>277581
How do we know that?
If it was a member of the Trump campaign meeting with someone who was "no longer working for the Russian government as an intelligence agent" I feel like that argument wouldn't hold up.
>>
>>277581
>Fusion GPS was first contracted by a conservative political website, The Washington Free Beacon, and Steele was not involved in that research. When Trump became the presumptive Republican Party presidential nominee on May 3, 2016, The Free Beacon stopped their backing. Separately, in April 2016, attorney Marc Elias hired Fusion GPS to investigate Trump on behalf of Hillary Clinton's campaign and the Democratic National Committee (DNC). In June 2016, Fusion GPS subcontracted Steele to research and compile the dossier.
Seems to me likely the collusion with a member of a foreign intelligence agency started after the introduction of Hillary Clinton's campaign
>>
>>277587
Because he retired in 2009 and was an employee of Fusion GPS at the time.

And if you want to compare a NATO ally to Russia, go ahead. You're allowed to be wrong.
>>
>>277613
Again. If it was don Jr. Meeting with a Russian intelligence agent that retired in 2009 you wouldn't accept that as a defense. A NATO Ally is similar to Russia in the fact they're a foreign power that a politician was colluding with
>>
Solution:

Make the Gun Checks better and mandatory for all.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.