[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/news/ - Current News

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 32 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

The 4chan Vtuber Competition is over. Click here to see the winning entry!

File: AP_18206650805128.jpg (276 KB, 1068x712)
276 KB
276 KB JPG
Report comes less than a week after 3 domestic terrorist attacks that were influenced by Trumps' rhetoric.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/national-security/trump-admin-will-apparently-not-renew-program-fight-domestic-terror-n926361
>The Trump administration had already canceled a grant for a group that fights white supremacist terror.

WASHINGTON — The Trump administration, which already canceled a grant for a group that fights white supremacist terror, now appears unwilling to renew the anti-domestic terror program under which it was funded, despite recent high-profile attacks like the Pittsburgh synagogue shooting and data showing a spike in attacks on religious minorities.

The Obama administration launched the Countering Violent Extremism Grant Program in 2016 to fight domestic terrorism. Managed by the Department of Homeland Security, the program was given $10 million to distribute.

In the last days of the Obama administration, DHS awarded the money to more than two dozen groups around the country to counter violent extremism of all kinds, including right-wing extremism. Data from the Global Terrorism Database shows there was a spike in attacks on American religious organizations in 2016-17.

The money paid for the development of new approaches to prevent terrorism before it begins. Programs that develop training materials for law enforcement, mental health counselors and schools to better identify warning signs of extremism so that terrorism can be averted were designated to receive funds.

Other programs built relationships, like a project that pairs Boston Police Department officers with young Somali-Americans. Another program in Illinois was developing the best ways to intervene with people who are leaning toward extremism before it's too late.

But weeks after President Trump took office, the funding was put on hold.
>>
When the funds were finally distributed six months later, most of the original grant recipients received the money awarded them under Obama, with some receiving even bigger grants. At least four grants were canceled, however, and three recipients confirmed that they had declined the grants, all citing political disagreements with the Trump administration. The administration added seven new recipients, four of them law enforcement agencies.

The only group that specifically fought white supremacist ideology, the Chicago-based Life After Hate, was among those excluded from funding. The group had been slated to receive $400,000.

The organization is a national network of former white supremacists who speak to young people to dissuade them from following supremacist ideology.

The executive director of Life After Hate, Sammy Rangel, said he was told by his contacts at DHS that the decision to rescind the funding for his group last year was made by DHS decision-makers high up the chain. And he said staffers at DHS still make referrals to his organization connecting it to communities who would benefit from its message.

Rangel said the publicity from not getting the DHS grant led to online donations that doubled the $400,000 they had expected but never received from the federal government.

"I think the public felt like there wasn't any help coming down the pipeline for these issues, and they saw the value in what we were trying to do," he said.

According to a March DHS progress report on the program, the "vast majority of projects are making substantial progress."

But now it appears the DHS has no plans to continue the program past the end of its funding in July 2019. Recipients have been told the funding was a "one-time" funding opportunity
>>
>>307512
...and that's a good thing.
>>
Up until Tuesday, the website for the DHS Office of Terrorism Prevention Partnerships suggested that a funding announcement was upcoming but a DHS spokesperson now tells NBC News the website was out of date and changed it to remove any reference to future funding.

"Our position is that they need to make sure that enough resources are going to the threat whether it is Islamic extremism or white supremacy," said Heidi Beirich, who leads the Southern Poverty Law Center's Intelligence Project. She says the threat from right-wing extremism is clear, pointing to the Pittsburgh attack, in which 11 congregants were killed. "There's an incident every month to a month and a half," she said.

Bryan Tuma, the assistant director of the Nebraska Emergency Management Agency who oversaw one of the terrorism prevention grants, says it's his understanding "there has been no new funding specific to combating violent extremism available through DHS." Tuma's agency is using the funds they received last year to develop threat assessment tools so that public health agencies and schools can better detect signs of extremism.

Bill Braniff runs the University of Maryland's START center that studies the causes of terrorism. His organization did not receive funds but he says the decision to end this kind of funding represents a lost opportunity.

Braniff says while some of the new approaches are untested, they're worth the investment. "We spend $100 billion on counterterrorism without any effectiveness data, so the critique that we cannot invest $10 million on new approaches because we do not yet know what works is flawed."
>>
At Monday's White House press briefing, press secretary Sarah Sanders was asked what could stop the killings like the Pittsburgh synagogue shooting "from happening over and over."

"You know, I think if we had a good answer to that, I think everybody in the country would support it. If anybody knows the answer, I think certainly this administration would be all ears," she said, adding, "The president spends every single minute of every single day looking for the best way to protect the safety and security of Americansk, and we're going to continue to do that."

DHS did not respond to a request for a comment as to why the grant program is apparently not continuing.
>>
Oh no, hopefully more pvc pipes and batteries aren't mailed to people.
Scary times we are living in.
Blumpf must be imbeached!
>>
These grants are funneling public money to non-governmental organizations, is that correct?
>>
>>307518
Did you miss the attacks where people died, or have you been living under a rock?
>>
>>307527
Nonono see those were HATE CRIMES. Different.

Totally different.

A mile of different.
>>
>>307514
The faggot media is for frivolous spending. We already have law enforcement with counter terror operations. MSM needs to be fags somewhere else
>>
>>307512
Well, where else will we get the money for the space force and the DNA testing for gender certification?
>>
TOTAL BULLSHIT! Trump is saving the USA.He is the President & thank God He calls the shots if He feels it right then it is. Look at the last 2 years President Trump been RIGHT ON every time
>>
>>307527
I remember people dying when that guy went on a rampage killing a bunch of cops until they cornered him in a parking garage and blew him up with c4 strapped to a robot
>>
>>307630
My stocks are doing great, unemployment is extremely low, he beat isis, I'm not really complaining except for the fact he never locked Hillary up
>>
>>307518
FOR WHAT! Doing a Great job where have u been for the last 2 years impeached u are delusional laid off the msm especially Fake news cnn
>>
>>307633
>Anecdotal evidence

Also it makes sense Trump wouldn't want to fund programs that crack down on domestic terrorists seeing as he's enabling them and using them for intimidation campaigns. Don't forget he never condemned the MAGAbomber by name and then used that terrorist's actions to threaten the media.
>>
>>307633
>he beat ISIS
This is how i know you're an Ivan
>>
>>307517
>"The president spends every single minute of every single day looking for the best way to protect the safety and security of Americansk, and we're going to continue to do that."

Who do they think is swallowing this bullshit?

https://trumpgolfcount.com
>>
>>307515
>Heidi Beirich, who leads the Southern Poverty Law Center's Intelligence Project

Openly Leftist and completely biased and thus cannot be trusted in the least.
>>
>>307513
I hate to be that guy, but white supremacist doesn't equal terrorist.
>>
>>307697
Not usually...
>>
>>307512
>influenced by Trumps' rhetoric
Wow, great objectivity, faggot. How many of them actually said "I did it because Trump told me?"
>>
>>307667
It doesnt matter if the evidence is clear as day, due process must happen before you start labeling people. Seems trump isnt as retarded as the left would have you think
>>
>>307818
You do remember Trump literally bought pages in a newspaper calling for the execution of six men even before a trial?
>>
>>307720
Wow goooood point, anon. If they didn't say exactly that 'trump told me to do it', then their actions couldn't have been influenced by him. You're so smart.
>>
>>307720
>"I did it because Trump told me?"
Wow, great strawman faggot, where in the article or title did it say Trump ordered the attacks?

>>307818
He can't be directly linked to the terrorist attack, but only a retard wouldn't be able to connect the dots to see he's using it to his advantage where when he says 'Media must clean up its act', that's clearly him saying 'bow down to me and stop calling out my lies, or my followers will kill you someday.'
>>
>>307833
The phrase you're looking for is 'stochastic terrorism.

He didn't orchestrate anything but his rhetoric is acting as a strong catalyst. To put it more simply, Donald Trump is poisoning the American public with hate.
>>
>>307976
>Left wing rhetoric and actions bring violence upon themselves.
Pretty impressive Trump impersonation.
>>
>>307976
>Left wing rhetoric and actions bring violence upon themselves.
next up: the jews deserved it
>>
>>307986
>the left really doesn't seem to understand simple ideas like "talk shit get hit"
responding to speech with violence is illegal

the principle that you get to murder everyone exercising free speech in rights in ways you don't like has never been a part of american political theory
>>
>>307988
more jews got what they presumably deserved just this last week

i presume you threw a party
>>
>>307986
>Do you really think you can just get away with how you've been acting? You are the bad guys.
Yes, Trump is a scholar and a gentleman. He's never done a thing to incite anger in anyone.

>Any violence against you is justified as the actions of an oppressed majority.
You're coming across like a psychopath. People said mean things, so I guess it's okay to start murdering.
>>
>>307990
>You can't undermine the rule of law and then try to appeal to it.
i just did

>It's too late, it's a free for all now, you're fucked.
yeah by this time next week america will look like this: http://personalliberty.com/one-year-in-hell/

truly the complete collapse of civilization is upon us, day of the rake
>>
>>307992
i would ask why you're so obsessed with minorities and ask you the same question but i already know the answer to that one
>>
>>307998
>no one on the right cares anymore
do you have any evidence for the claim that literally 100% of people on the right support political violence
>>
>>307998
>Deal with it buddy, no one on the right cares anymore.
Anymore? The right has never cared, now they're acting like they have the moral high ground, while murdering people. It's hilarious.
>>
>>308001
i never said that you deserved to die, nor that killing you would not be immoral

you, on the other hand, have announced to my face that you would cheerlead my murder and have decided that this somehow makes you the victim
>>
>>308005
i know some right-wing people, my parents are trump voters and i left the presidential field blank in 2018. i also regularly interact with a great deal of right-wing people on twitter, mostly of the "lol race" kind.

most of them are still against political violence.
>>
>>308001
>You already believe every DRUMPF voter is a tacit nazi that deserves to die,
If you genuinely believe that then you legitimately are nuts, which would at least explain your behavior. I recommend therapy, because that kind of paranoia is unhealthy. Just because I dislike someone's political opinion doesn't mean I want them to die.
>>
>>308007
in 2016*
>>
>>308018
both right-wing and left-wing political violence are scattered, but the right-wing kills and/or attempts to kill a lot more people

right-wings pay 100x more attention to one guy with a bike lock once than significant numbers of right-wing unhinged murders.
>>
>>308018
I said I didn't want you dead, and that's your response. You're insane.
>>
>>308030
>Yes, leftists are worse at killing, so
leftists, in general, have not really tried to kill anyone

>Do you think a scrawny kid who keeps flicking at the big guy and then gets body slammed didn't deserve it?
1. murder in general is not a proportionate response to being flicked at
2. the people against who this violence is inflicted are generally not perpetrators of leftist political violence

a better example would be a scrawny kid keeps flicking at the big guy and the big guy responds by murdering his sister
>>
>>308039
Well, yeah. The right wing narrative only functions if they're the ones being persecuted and hounded into destruction, so they have to twist their perception of reality for it to fit.

You can't be the underdog if you're the one in control. Not without massive amounts of delusion.
>>
>>308048
>Why are you lying, do you realize when you lie it makes people think its ok to hurt you right?
you think it's okay to literally murder everyone who disagrees with you so i'm not really concerned about your opinion of me getting any worse

>If so many people want to kill leftists maybe leftists should take a good long hard look at themselves.
maybe they should take a look at the people who want to kill them and conclude that they're psychopaths who belong in prison

which they are
>>
>>308048
>If so many people want to kill leftists maybe leftists should take a good long hard look at themselves.
U wot m8
>>
>>308061
>Why do you keep lying?
you've been cheerleading for it the whole time

>Sounds like the average lib to me. Very unhinged, very angry. Dangerous people!
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/milo-yiannopoulos-intern-lane-davis-kill-father-call-nazi-accused-samish-island-alt-right-a8021011.html

find me a left-wing unhinged and angry to murder his own parents over retarded conspiracies and we'll talk
>>
>>308061
Beep Boop
>>
>>308066
https://www.newsweek.com/former-milo-yiannopoulos-intern-and-vocal-trump-supporter-kills-his-dad-692950

are you asserting that this murder didn't actually happen
>>
>>308069
https://www.apnews.com/cb638940becf424e8eefda7519f25fa9
>>
>>308074
ap news is a generally respected news wire service on par with reuters

is there any news source that you would accept for literally anything, other than outlets like breitbart and gateway pundit?
>>
>>308083
here's his former employer, a right-wing outlet, which acknowledges it: https://theralphretort.com/ralph-retort-statement-lane-davis/
another former employer, milo, is on the record as saying: "we quickly identified that he was bonkers and got rid of him."

why are you trying so desperately to claim that this murder didn't actually happen
>>
>>308088
lol nice defense retard. Was getting blown the fuck out part of your plan?
>>
>>308088
>Sounds like the average lib to me. Very unhinged, very angry. Dangerous people!
find me a left-winger unhinged and angry to murder his own parents over retarded conspiracies and we'll talk
>>
>>308091
So you're proud of the guy who went through with it and murdered his own parents?
>>
>>308091
roleplaying a paranoid retard doesn't actually accomplish anything other than making you look like a paranoid retard

it's really convenient that faced with actual facts you retreat to an unfalsifiable argument backed with literally nothing
>>
>>308094
"this man who doesn't talk about murdering people and didn't murder anyone is just as violent as this other person who did talk about murdering people and then did murder someone"
>>
>>308094
You're condoning double fratricide and calling ME mentally ill?
>>
>>308099
it may shock you to learn that accounts of things than have occurred are facts
>>
>>307512
Have you been funding the Rohinga? No? Then you are supporting their genocide.

Have you donated to Al Gore? No? Then you are supporting global warming.

Have you donated to Romanian orphans? No? Then you are supporting their poverty.

Nice logic shitbird.
>>
>>308130
Having suffered no less than 3 right wing terror attacks in a space of THREE DAYS, can you come up with a reason why funding this program is a bad idea?
>>
>>308132
>having suffered highly media narrated events in a short time span how dare you not spend money on buzzword organizations
>>
>>308130
I don't live in Myanmar or Romania , so how would those be relative?
>>
>>308102
>accounts of things than have occurred are facts
Then Jesus performed miracles and was brought back from the dead, aliens have abducted hundreds of people, and Brian Williams was on a helicopter that was shot down by an rpg
>>
>>308102
>An account of something claiming to be true its true because it is an account of something
Your logical fallacy is "begging the question"
>>
Orange man supports cattle mutilation by refusing to shoot down space aliens.
>>
>>307697
It historically has.
>>
Good. So the left is calling for a brief moratorium on calling for political violence. Good to know.

You first.
>>
>Trump supports white supremacist terrorism by refusing to fund program that fights domestic terror
by this logic, trump is also literally murdering black people by breathing the oxygen that they could be using
>>
>>307528
I can't tell what's ironic and what isn't anymore.
>>
>>311149
>The left show they're principled in condemning political violence that comes from their side even though we don't know all the information
>The right only does general condemnation while not condemning the right wing agents that actually committed acts of terrorism, or find ways to defend them.
HMMMMM....
>>
>>311162
Or he loves Muslims

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.