[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/news/ - Current News

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 97 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

The 4chan Vtuber Competition is over. Click here to see the winning entry!

File: 1288798497295.jpg (17 KB, 587x324)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/elections/midterm-election-results-2018-n931571

The Democrats' hopes for a tidal wave to rebuke President Donald Trump have been tempered by early returns, Polls have closed in most states, including Indiana and Tennesse, where Republicans won two key Senate contests, suggesting the GOP may be on their way ousting more vulnerable Democratic incumbents in yet-to-be-called races and padding their majority in the upper chamber.

In the battle for the House, Democrats have so far picked up a handful of Republican-held House seats in including against some battle-tested incumbents, while losing ones in Eastern Kentucky and Central Virginia where wins would have signaled a tsunami for Democrats.

"This is not going to be the wave election that people like me hoped for, but it could still be a good election," Democratic strategist James Carville said on MSNBC.

Most key House races remain outstanding, including in California where counting votes can take days because voters are allowed to submit absentee ballots as long as they are postmarked by Election Day.

But Democrats have preformed well in some suburban areas that Hillary Clinton won, such as a Northern Virginia district where Republican Rep. Barbara Comstock had fended off well-funded challengers in past elections.

The first rounds of NBC News exit polls show a majority of Americans, 54 percent, do not approve of Trump, with a substantial number — 47 percent — expressing strong disapproval.

Heath care, which Democrats emphasized throughout the campaign, was the top issue for Americans, with 41 percent selecting it, followed by immigration and the economy, two issues seen as favoring Republicans, which were selected by 23 and 21 percent of voters, respectively.

Overall, Americans expressed a fairly dim view of the state of politics, with 56 percent saying the country is on the wrong track and three-quarters of Americans saying the country is becoming more divided.
>>
>>309929
FiveThirtyEight confirms: https://fivethirtyeight.com/live-blog/2018-election-results-coverage/

Early returns in the Southeast made for a nasty scare for dems but the West and North pulled their weight.

In addition:

Media darling and Texas underdog Beto O'Rourke has lost to Ted Cruz by a margin of approx. 200k votes, with a few counties left to report in.

Republican Brian Kemp has powered through ethics concerns and voting machine difficulties (including an invalid result for HIS OWN CARD) to win the governorship of Georgia.
>>
>>309929
CNN is already calling the House for the Dems
>>
Democrats are also coming out swinging too to make sure Republicans can't spin the narrative that they won after clear set backs in Texas and Florida.

>Breaking: Democrats now intend to request Trump's tax returns -- which they can do unilaterally under federal law because of changes Republicans made to them.
https://twitter.com/AriMelber/status/1060017136662396929
>>
>/pol/ in full damage control mode
>>
Huge upset as Democrat Laura Kelly wins the Kansas governorship, defeating Kris Kobach who was a pioneer for modern day Republican voter suppression and racist tactics.

Also NBC just projected that Democrats picked up the magic number to flip the house.
>>
>>309940
They're literally screaming. Entire paragraphs of 'AAAAAAAAAAAAA' like they're charging the spirit bomb or something.

They're trying to flip California by sheer force of will.
>>
>>309946
holy shit you weren't lying
>>
>>309946
Are they dumb or pretending?
>>
>>309946
Can't they just still hold onto having the rest of government?
>>
>>309956
They are deadly serious. They believe they can affect vote tallies with collective psychic energy channeled through an entity they call KEK.
>>
>>309956
it's like both at the same time.
>>
>>309959
They literally got Trump elected with meme magic. Don't underestimate it.
>>
>>309957
They're also damage controlling hard saying that Democrats didn't really win at all when in reality the Dems gaining the Senate was a longshot at best while now the Democrats have gained significant power in challenging Trump. No matter how you look at it, it's a heavy blow to the GOP.
>>
>>309962
Of course I underestimate it. If their meme magic really worked then republicans would have been able to pass more legislation when they controlled both houses of Congress.
>>
>>309963
Haven't the democrats flipped several seats in the senate so it is a lot more balanced?
>>
Joe Biden will beat Trump in 2020. You can tell the momentum and pendulum swinging is in his favor

>in b4 muh creepy Joe

anything Republicans try and bring up against Biden, Trump has already done
>>
>>309962
Trump didn't win the election, Hillary lost it by, among other things, losing the Rust Belt. The Democrats somehow came up with the only possible candidate who could possibly lose to Trump, besides maybe a trained monkey.
>>
>>309962
Remember. Magic tricks only work once before they lose their magic.
>>
/news/man 4 reporting in on the latest for /pol/'s meltdown.
>Shitting themselves in rage that California is not voting against their economic self interest.
>Sitting themselves over the fact that the House flipped after being assured a red wave was coming
>Feeling smug that Ted Cruz won election
>Trying to find everyone but Trump to blame for the Republican's defeat.
>Finding out that screaming at their computer screen wasn't the source of meme magic, it was Russia meddling.
>>
>>309975
Oh man, /pol/ is so going to be irrelevent for years to come.
>>
>>309942
>Huge upset as Democrat Laura Kelly wins the Kansas governorship, defeating Kris Kobach

I wanted to vote Republican, I really did, but I would rather write-in Mickey Mouse than fill in the circle next to that shit Kobach, and I'm satisfied to see I wasn't alone.
>>
>far right is mad
>far left is mad
>tax returns 2:electric boogaloo
What a fantastic evening
>>
They got back the House, a few Governorships, probably a load of smaller races went their way as well because of the increased turnout, and some major ballot issues were passed. The Dems went from no say in the process to some say in the process so its undoubtedly a win for them.
>>
>>309985
>far left is mad
Only that El Rato won in Texas, otherwise this is 100% a victory for the Dems. The Senate was always a longshot at best.
>>309983
I haven't followed the Kansas race, care to explain? I think I heard comparisons to Ray Moore in another thread.
>>
>>309990
>calling for legitimate legal procedures they now have the votes to do
Versus
>calling for extrajudicial imprisonment

Are republicans actual humans?
>>
>>309992
Democrats might focus on the losses in Texas, and the racists winning in Georgia and Florida. And not the House victory.

This is why the Democrats are coming out swinging over Trump's taxes to make sure dems know, they have power now.
>>
>>309929
goddammit.
Diane Banker Buttlicker Margaret Thatcher Feinstein won again...
Dead Kennedy's were writing songs bitching about her being senator in 1979 and she is still the god damn senator
>>
>>310000
Quads of doom indeed
>>
>>310000
>Diane Banker Buttlicker Margaret Thatcher Feinstein won again...

1. are you a boomer? Those nicknames sound like something I'd read in the Yahoo comments section

2. Are you acting like most Republicans aren't shills for big business and banks?
>>
>>309975
>it was Russia meddling.
I'm no /pol/yp but please stop spreading this meme, it's so fucking stupid. The 'Russians' didn't do jack shit.
>>
>>310007
You're clearly a /pol/ppet if you think Russia didn't meddle in the 2016 election.
>>
>>309982
You wish kike
>>
>>310010
I don't deny this, it's the notion that 'Russia' single-handedly swung the election in favour of the Republicans, which is obviously untrue. The Dems lost because they were shit and they put one of the least likeable politicians in America forward for president.

The 'Russia' (it's always 'Russia' btw, never 'Russian government' or 'Russian interests') is one of the stupidest things I've ever fucking seen in US politics. It's exactly this inability to engage in honest self-criticism that makes people hate the Dems. The vast majority of online propaganda came from conservative billionaires, these people deserve the majority of the blame.
>>
>>310013
this
>>
>>310013
Nobody but the most delusional morons and false-flaggers believe that the Russians flipped the election switch from Hillary to Trump, but it's becoming increasingly obvious that they interfered with our electorial process in various ways and continue to make attacks on our political process, and the GOP's ardent denial of this and Trump's cozying up to Putin certainly do nothing to help matters.

Also complaining about people referring to "russia" doing something instead of "the russian government" is completely asinine, do you really think that the average person thinks that the average babushka in some bumfuck Russian backwater is being personally trained in ELECTION HACKING by KGB agents?
>>
>>309929
The Republicans kept the Senate. So much for the blue wave.

Trump re-election will be assured as everyone will be pissed off by the obstructionist democrats and their constant useless investigations into the Trump administration. Two scoops Two genders Two terms MAGA
>>
>>309963
>No matter how you look at it, it's a heavy blow to the GOP.
They passed the taxcut, and got two ultra conservatives on the supreme court, anything else is gravy.
>>
>>310015
The 'KGB' hasn't been around since Soviet terms. Learn basic facts about a topic before you pose as an expert in it.
>>
>>310019
Being unable to detect obvious sarcasm is a sign of autism.
>>
>>310018
Trump will no longer be able to pass legislation and will be harassed at every turn by House investigations, and once we head into another recession by 2020 Trump will have no platform to run on
>>
>>310021
Being unable to admit to obvious errors is a sign of narcissism.
>>
>>310013
>>310015
>Moving the goalposts
They clearly meddled in the election and influenced the election in favor of Trump. Anything beyond that is you reaching in damage control to defend Russia and Trump.
And that doesn't even get into the fact that it's looking like Trump conspired with or was aware of the Russians in their attack.
>>
>>310024
With how incredibly dense and willfully stupid you are you can't be anything but an assblasted Trump voter.
>>
>>310017
But the only way to be in the senate is to be in the House. So you're days are numbered MAGAboy. Besides, you do realise that the House has more power than you give credit to.
>>
>>310025
>They clearly meddled in the election and influenced the election in favor of Trump.
Sure, but what they did had a negligible impact on it. It's people treating it as some massive conspiracy that swung the election that I take issue with.

>Anything beyond that is you reaching in damage control to defend Russia and Trump.
What an open minded individual you are. Once again, stop with this 'Russia' shit and say 'Russian government', the country is not a monolith.

>And that doesn't even get into the fact that it's looking like Trump conspired with or was aware of the Russians in their attack.
What specifically was he aware of? What do you mean by 'attack'?
>>
>>310028
No, I loathe Trump and his supporters. I just hate arrogant Dems too, who think they're superior to trumptards despite exhibiting the exact same tribalism and lack of self-awareness.

Blow me, you fucking idiot.
>>
>>310029
Cope. Looking forward to your meltdown after another conservative judge gets confirmed and, of course, the mass triggering that will ensue in 2020 when Drumpf gets a 2nd term.
>>
>>310031
>but what they did had a negligible impact on it
Based on what, exactly? Trump's speeches? If the Russians dindu nuffin then why is the GOP so determined to run interference for Putin?
>>
>>310031
>Negligible impact on it
Back it up with reputable data.

>Stop with Russia
No, Trump is defending Russia to an absurd degree where he attacks America instead of being critical of Russia. Open mindedness has nothing to do with the facts.

>Specifically aware of.
The Trump Tower meeting, Almost everyone in Trump's campaign having ties to Russia, Roger Stone's contacts, and the fact that right after Russia did hack the Democrats and before they released it Trump called for Russia to release information.
>>
> pretending closed source black box voting machines give accurate results
>>
>>310036
>Back it up with reputable data.
Define 'reputable data'.

>Trump is defending Russia to an absurd degree where he attacks America instead of being critical of Russia.
This is because he doesn't want to lose face and concede anything to his opponent. A lot of people support Trump because he's anti-establishment, so of course he's going to disagree with whatever they say, especially if it's criticism of him and his campaign.
Also, I never told you to stop with 'Russia' in the sense of talking about Russian interference, I told you to specify what you mean instead of referring to the country as a monolith, as it makes it impossible to take you seriously.
>Open mindedness has nothing to do with the facts.
lol

>Almost everyone in Trump's campaign having ties to Russia, Roger Stone's contacts,
Back it up with reputable data.

>and the fact that right after Russia did hack the Democrats and before they released it Trump called for Russia to release information.
What specifically are you referring to when you say that 'Russia' hacked (?) the 'Democrats'?
As for the second part of your post, that was Trump saying stupid boisterous shit at a rally like he always does, because he's an absent-minded, moronic narcissist. If you think that was proof of him activating some secret Russian conspiracy, you're a moron.
>>
Are they still screaming themselves to death on /pol/?
>>
>>310045
They're spinning the senate victories as a great triumph for Trump and blaming everyone but him for the losses in the senate.

They also denying voter suppression didn't take place in Georgia, and ignoring all the data that says otherwise.
>>
>>310025
>They clearly meddled in the election and influenced the election in favor of Trump.
What does this even mean though? Are you talking about russian bots on facebook? Because if that's the case then /news/ is just as responsible for influencing the midterm elections.
>>
>>310055
I'm seeing
>lol house of representatives more like house of retards amirite
>muh house investigations

As if losing half of congress (and therefore literally any ability to pass law, which hamstrung Obama for six years) means fuck-all.
>>
And so balance starts returning to the Force(government)
>>
HUGE BREAKING NEWS.
The last of the tea bagger Triumverent has been vanquished as Democrats get one of their most prized scalps of the midterms by knocking off Scott Walker in Wisconsin currently reported by AP and Politico.
>>
>>310068

Wisconsinite here. Milwaukee with the god damn killshot.
>>
>>310062
>Run pro-Trump, Anti-Clinton propaganda on facebook and disguise it as grassroots activism
>Influence actual voters with it to the point they organized rallies for them.
>What does that even mean, they had no power to influence
Keep grasping at straws.
>>
I literally cannot stop laughing. I have been laughing for a few hours now. Send an ambulance.
>>
Dean Heller just conceded in Nevada, Democrats mitigate some of their losses in the Senate with that pick up.
>>
>>310072
>Influence actual voters with it to the point they organized rallies for them.
Both sides did this though. Was the Democratic Party meddling with the elections by running adverts on TV and having gigantic fucking parties in every state?
>they had no power to influence
wew lad
>>
>>310076
>Saying a foreign power's injection of propaganda into the America election is the same as a political party running advertisements and saying it's the same?

Now I know you're just a shill.
>>
Imagine if EVERY FUCKING COUNTRY IN THE ENTIRE FUCKING WORLD staged a Facebook coup to get Hillary elected, all while pretending to be real Americans. Would Republicans not throw a hissy fucking fit over it? Of course you would. That's what that feels like. "The more you know."
>>
>>310080
Shit like this is why I worry for this country. The fact that there is a large class of dumbasses who can be manipulated my memes on Facebook into voting for one party or another is terrifying. Forget who makes the memes or their veracity, this is a much more serious problem of basic competency skills in the population. How can you have a democracy when the majority of the electorate can't be assed to perform a simple search to cross reference information before blindly believing it?
>>
>>310081
It's how Republicans bank on staying in power, exhaust people into apathy with with their wage slave jobs and any information they do pick up is taller made to push the Republican Agenda. They just lucked out by having the Republicans do their dirty work. The only question is did Trump conspire with the Russians, if he did that's the biggest political scandal in American history by far.

In lesser news, Colorado Democrats ran the gambit to go 6-0 in contested state senate races to take back the state senate and now take full control of the state government.
>>
Official thread theme
https://youtu.be/vrss4Xx5Lu8
>>
>>309970
Biden has a bunch of sniffing children's videos, whether the man would be a good president of not, it'd make for easy ammo for Trump.

Never mind the fact it's well and truly possible Hillary runs again in which case she'll bully everyone else outta the race one way or another
>>
>>310023
Republicans still hold the Senate and supreme court, and are almost even with Democrats with the house (meaning gridlock)

Mostly likely scenario is the Democrats will use what small amount of power they do have from having a literal slight majority of the house to go full retard and with the current leadership it will happen

Also Obama paved the way for Trump to use executive order just like he did
>>
>>310085
You really don't understand what the Democrats in the House will do now that they have the power of investigation to hold Trump accountable for his actions, do you?
https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2018/11/democrats-trump-investigations/
>>
Update
Huge wins for Obamacare as Nebraska and Idaho voted to expand Medicaid via ballot initiatives.
>>
>>310082
Are you aware that you sound like a conspiracy theorist? It's not that I think you are wrong, but just that the way you organize and present information in such an emotionally charged and biased way is equivalent to something Alex Jones would do.
>>
>>310088
You do realize that's exactly what the Republicans are doing? Look at their economic policies and how the Republicans have exacerbated income inequality and crippled class mobility. You can keep your head in the sand and face the truth.
>>
>>310085

Averages indicate a 229 - 206 Dem lead. That's a 23 seat advantage. Not a blow out by any means but definitely room for flexibility. For example, that's enough where moderate Dems can oppose a Pelosi vote, vote for conservative policies, yet come through in the clutch when needed.

Also, fucking prevent Obamacare from going under, healthcare being a priority among Americans.
>>
>>310089
There you go again. None of that addresses anything in my post about your rhetoric and, if anything, reinforces the assertions made within it.
>>
Update
Colorado officially abolishes slavery.

Although at least 578,299 Coloradans are in favor of slavery since they voted against the amendment. That's pretty fucked up.
>>
>>310091
Because your points are irrelevant or just get brushed off as 'conspiracy theories'. Again, justify their economic policies that exacerbate income inequality (Any rise in pay was immediately wiped out by inflation) and the crippling of class mobility. While at the same time giving billions away to the billionaire class who are not using it to invest in workers or the economy, but sitting on it.
There's a reason Trump and the Republicans didn't campaign on their tax cuts, a majority of Americans did not see any benefits from it since it all went to the rich.
>>
>>310090
Considering how Republicans rigged the deck, a 23 seat advantage is a huge blow out in favor of democrats. The media and conservative/liberal wing of the party are going to be talking about the high profile democrats who weren't able to win, but the fact that Democrats won the House even with how Republicans rigged the map with their gerrymandering, that's a major blue wave. Not a tsunami since that would have involved the democrats taking the senate, which was act of god territory, but taking the house with a sizable margin where the moderates can't cripple you, it was a wave.
>>
>>310093
I never once mentioned anything about the economy, nor did I ever endorse the Republican party or their actions. I even agreed with your premise at one point, and only found fault in the style in which you presented it. By claiming my points are irrelevant, you are by extension claiming that your own points which I endorsed are equally irrelevant. The fact that you seem incapable of focusing on anything besides your, admittedly impressive, zealotry against the Republicans to realize this is a bit worrisome. Take it easy m8, its been a long, eventful day and you'll have all of tomorrow to laugh at the disappointed Republican supporters
>>
>>310095
You asked how people get manipulated, I told you it was through economic exhaustion from Republican policies, you called it a conspiracy theory. I pointed out exact policies that harm the working class that would lead to voter apathy.
What more do you want that's reasonable?
>>
Live from the late night comedy show.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYN4ODpbAm0

Not shown Stephen Colbert downing a glass of whiskey he broke out of an emergency glass after announcing Ted Cruz won.
>>
>>310096
A peer reviewed study proving that economic exhaustion is an actual thing? The only article Google turned up was this one from an Israeli journal, and even then it seems to be more of an opinion piece with no obvious sources.

https://www.jpost.com/Israel/Economic-exhaustion-and-political-passivity
>>
>>310100
I'm just using it as a general term where people don't have time to do proper research on politics because of their job or jobs. It's similar to how Republicans push voter suppression through the closing of secretary of state offices or polling stations to keep poor and minorities who don't have means to travel long distances from voting. Keep them in wage slave jobs and they will become apathetic and if you break them on cultural issues, (like immigration) you can get them to vote against their economic self interest.
>>
>>310102
>state offices for voting gotta close sometime
>and...... poor people can't make it to the polls on time.....
>or something, doesn't matter really, orange man bad.
>yeah that'll get them!
Leftism is a mental illness.

If you really think republicans are this evil why not just try to start your idiot revolution already
>>
>>310102
But, if this is an actual thing, you should be able to provide some sort of actual evidence to prove that it is happening, right? There has to be a few economist or political scientists who have published something supporting it in a peer reviewed journal. Until you provide that, I just can't believe you as it sounds too much like a conspiracy. After all, if I did take what you said at face value, I would run afoul of my previous statements ridiculing people for doing just that.
>>
>>310104
>Justifying voter suppression
This is why the right wing is the reich wing.
>>
>>309929
>set back for fascism

God dammit you Ameritards are the most annoying creatures alive. You where never even close to fascism you fragile fucking freaks.

Most of you retards don't even realize what a dystopian shitshow you have become. The shit coming from both isles is batshit insane. The fucking arrogance you people hold is literally crazy tier.
>muh democrats
>muh republicans
>muh fucking rubicon
Please collectively an hero.
>>
>>310105
wage slave jobs are an obstacle for voting, because some of them don't allow for time off to vote.
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/06/us/politics/election-day-holiday.html
>>
Texas will become a swing state next election.
>>
Not so breaking news.

Top Putin apologist in the House of Representatives, Dana Rohrabacher lost his seat. He's been a Congressmen for 29 years.
>>
>>310110
>Top Putin apologist
Implying thats a bad thing.
>>
>>310111
Hi Putin
>>
>>310109
might be. So far, the way I see it, it's a stalemate
>>
So, to summarize
>senate red
>governors red
>house blue
also POTUS and SCOTUS red

Democrats won?
>>
>>310113
Hi, generic ameritard
>>
>>310107
>You where never even close to fascism you fragile fucking freaks.
I use to sort of agreed with that
but then I read The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich by William L. Shirer, and the similarities were unsettling.
>>
>>309946
>Not knowing 4chan culture
You have to lurk moar, but then again, it's not like you don't have other image and message boards that can cater to your intellectual sophistication
>>
>>310117
BLUE WAVE

>Difference is less than 20 seats

BUH BLUE WAVE THO
>>
>>310127
More like, Blue Flush
>>
>Democrats literally have less than five, maybe ten swing votes they can rely on to not be fucking crazy progressives
BLUE WAVE

>Almost every single super-progressive candidate endorsed by progressives like Cortez lost their primaries.
B- B-

>The ones who didn't lost their elections
B-

>The only democrats who gained seats were traditional moderates.
B

B

ORANGE MAN BAD
>>
>>310132
>The only democrats who gained seats were traditional moderates.
I really hope for that, I am sick of this US-US war
>>
Gotta love how the /pol/tards show up on Russia time.
>>
>>310134
RUSSIA! RUSSIA IS TELLING ME FACTS ABOUT THE US AGAIN! IT'S NOT BECAUSE I'M A RETARD WHO DOESN'T KNOW SHIT ABOUT THE US GOVERNMENT. IT'S RUSSIA AGAIN!
>>
>>310133
It's going to get worse. This has shown the Democrats that the progressive slant for their party may actually pay off somewhere.
Expect the anti-white anti-male insanity to continue for at least another two years.
>>
>>310142
Ehhhh... Why can't democrats just be pro-minorities without bashing white straight males?
>>
>>310143
the only cause for black inequality must be white equality. And something about power hierarchies.
>>
>>310143
Because it's easy. Telling people that there are economic factors involved as well as general distributions in population density, poverty, education rates, cultural differences, and regional career choices are the main problems affecting them is hard. It's hard and makes people think that they may share some of the blame for their problems.

Telling people that whitey caused this and you can kill whitey and take his stuff when you take over is easy. It's easy, places an easy villain to rally people around, and appeals primarily to people who don't actually care about politics.
See: South Africa, and Zimbabwe
>>
>>309946

>Not understanding the meme magic meme

Spotted the reddit newfriend.
>>
>>310148
You have to be 18 to post here.
>>
>>310151
>>309946
Picture being such a newfag that you don't understand jokes on 4chan.
>>
>>310032
So in the end it was autism
>>
>>310143
Because they are and the only people who see it like that are stupid white males
>>
>>310032
I support your viewpoint anon, and would blow you out of respect because I agree with it
>>
>>310068
So is the Tea Party mostly dead or just wounded? The quicker they can get those fucks out, the better.
>>
>>310153
Nice damage control, retard. It'll be a cold day in hell when I treat the election like a joke.
>>
>>310163
Not only did they lose the majority, but among those republicans who lost, most were moderates who weren't in the tea party. The few seat gains they had were won by hardliners. Point being: regardless of losing, the House GOP caucus as a whole moved even further to the right.
>>
>>309929
>"Fascism faces a set back" because the blue pro-fascist party took the house from the red pro-fascist party and can now gridlock congress for two years arguing about which color of fascism they're going to implement

I'm sure Trump won't react to this by slinging EO's like he's Obama when he faced a divided congress
>>
So I'm new. How many house and Senate seats do most president's lose in their first off year election? What happened in 1994, 2002 and 2010?
>>
>>310171
You can take your 'both sides' tripe back to whatever hole to crawled out of. I didn't see dems screaming of eminent invasion by homeless refugees.
>>
>>310172
In modern history? GWB is the only president to have a wholly favorable first midterm, but that was also within a month of 9/11 when he had an 80% approval rate and even then it was +8 house +1 senate. Nobody wins the house their first midterm, Trump falls between Bill Clinton and Reagan for that. Senate set a record though.
>>
>>310172
Trump has the devil's luck - the Senate map for this midterm is EXTREMELY red-friendly. Even with the unprecedented turnout others expected for the dems to lose seats.

2020, though...
>>
>>310174
It was inevitable that Republicans would win those seats. There was just no easy way for Dems to protect so many seats in red states.
>>
>>310173
>You can take your 'both sides' tripe back to whatever hole to crawled out of. I didn't see dems screaming of eminent invasion by homeless refugees.
That's a lovely piece of TV-rhetoric, but all of the screeching in the world from the GOP or the Dems won't make congress un-gridlocked.

>>310172
>How many house and Senate seats do most president's lose in their first off year election?
Like >>310174 said, 9/11 helped GWB out, that midterm was a statistical outlier
Obama, by comparison, got blown the fuck out and lost both the house and the senate in 2010. The GOP majority in the house was twice the size than what the Dems have right now

>>310175
>2020, though...
Will depend entirely on the Dems actually doing something, especially something "new" in the two years they have till then,
Pelosi getting the gavel and Feinstein winning shows, however, that what we're getting is the old Dem establishment pretending the last two years were an 'unfortunate accident' while they attempt to go back to do doing what lost them the last major election in the first place.

Expect lots of flash and no substance. Two years of "well we might be able to impeach, or we might be able to find evidence of collusion, or we might be able to pass this hard-left bill, but not with those damn Republicans in the Senate!"
>>
>>310176
>It was inevitable that Republicans would win those seats
You should see how many flipped districts voted for hillary in 2016. Maybe 3 of the lost seats were pro trump 2 years ago (havnt checked since last night so that may be off a bit). This midterm looks more like a correction for the paradigm shift in American politics than anything else
>>
>>310175
The 2020 and 2022 groups are both a lot more competitive than this years group was. 2024 is going to be Presidential year with this same group of Senators and it might be a different outlook by then. The next 4-6 years are shaping up to be fiercely competitive.
>>
>>310177
>Obama, by comparison, got blown the fuck out and lost both the house and the senate in 2010. The GOP majority in the house was twice the size than what the Dems have right now
While we're mentioning statistical outliers, might want to note that this was after the sharp spike in unemployment that started its trajectory towards the tail end of GWB when the recession happened.
>>
>>310178
In general the House should tend to favor Dems because they're the larger of the two parties but the House is also affected by partisan redistricting so its not always that simple.
>>
>>310181
>While we're mentioning statistical outliers
'02 was an outlier
'10 was not
But sure

>might want to note that this was after the sharp spike in unemployment that started its trajectory towards the tail end of GWB when the recession happened
Might want to note this exact rhetoric didn't stop the Dems from losing both the House and Senate in 2010
>>
>>310182
In addition, the number of seats of the house is fixed, which misrepresents some areas population wise. It hasn't been expanded to match the American populace since...i don't actually know, but it's been nearly a century I think.
>>
>>310183
What the fuck post is this

>this is what happened
>that didn't stop you from LOSING lol

Are you brain dead?
>>
>>310143
They are; but the GOP has been cultivating a sense of victimhood among their base that rivals the psychotic slacktivist tumblrites that fly into a rage at every insignificant op-ed posted on a pseduo-blog.
>>
>>310153
The problem is that not every anon on /pol/ is in on your “joke”. 4chan’s autistic brand of irony has attracted bonafide morons like flies to shit and it’s not difficult to imagine that they might outnumber the people who are just shitposting.
>>
>>310184
The last time it was reapportioned was in 1929

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reapportionment_Act_of_1929

It actually briefly had 437 when Hawaii and Alaska were admitted but it went back to 435 afterward
>>
>>310183
It was considered to be more of a referendum on the congress than on Obama as I recall. At least that would make sense.
>>
>>310168
>he doubles down on his newfaggotry
I would call you a stupid nigger, but I have a feeling that you would report me for racism
>>
>>310188
>GOP has been cultivating a sense of victimhood
>GOP
That's a funny way to spell democrat
>>
>>310190
Yeah, so it's about 80 years out of date. That needs fixing.
>>
>>310180
Yeah, it was extremely even this time, BUT it's possible that demons, I mean, dems might swing some votes in their favor
>>
>>310188
It kinda cemented it for me when /pol/ tried to flip California by sheer force of meme-magic will.
>>
Trump still riding the Obama economy like a two cent whore in a nation where everyone votes with their wallets. If he'd presided over a collapse he'd be out on his ass within a year.
>>
https://twitter.com/SamWangPhD/status/1060005925233270784
Historic night for democratic in terms of turn out but mitigated due to Republicans rigging the system with gerrymandering
>>
>>310132
Gaining the house is a massive victory for Dems and now they have subpoena powers which they can use to make the rest of Trump's term a living hell, not to mention that Trump's party will no longer be able to pass any legislation. The GOP gained nothing in comparison and even lost a few key seats like in Nevada and in Wisconsin.
>>
>>310033
Fien. But I heard that those who keep arguing are the true triggered. You should watch yourself MAGApede for the next two years. And remember, the Democrats now have the power to heckle and make Trump's presidency miserable, like what the Liberals did to your ego last night :).
>>
>>310208
Also mitigated by the strong economy. It's not really his, in fact he's been fighting it with tariffs and shitty tax cuts, but most voters don't care as long as they have food in their bellies and money in their wallets.
>>
>>310213
Wrong, popular vote margin was 9.2%, the only time it was larger was 2008 where it was 10.6%.
The fact that Democrats didn't have larger gains with a 9.2% vote in their favor is testimate to how Republicans have rigged the system.
>>
>>310218
You need 10% before gerrymandering starts to backfire and net more gains than you would get without.

Just goes to show dems need a REALLY good turnout in 2020 to take back state legislatures and fix the damn districts.
>>
>>310193
They both do it, you mongoloid. Wake up.
>>
>>310210
Like what liberals do every night..
>>
>>310220
The flaw there is Trump proved that fearmongering and racism can still win you elections, add that to gerrymandering and voter suppression, it's going to be a rough ride for Democrats. Especially since the media loves to shit on them.
If you watch the news, you might as well think the Democrats lost.
>>
>>310230
Don't forget adding the economy to it, a strong stance on crime and immigration, and effective foreign trade policies
>>
>>310232
Economy's going to crash, we're already seeing contractions in the stock market.
>>
>>310232
>Economy
Republican policies are going to crash it.

>strong stance on crime and immigration,
Human right violations and abuse.

>effective foreign trade policies
Effectively surrendering our intentional standing to China.

He'll be lucky to have any of the Midwest outside of Indiana when the inevitable Trump recession hits.
>>
>>310233
>>310234
Says increasingly nervous man for 11th time.
>>
>>310208
>Dems had a huge turnout compared to republicans in a midterm where dems had a bunch of safe seats to revote on and a California senate seat between two dems
Does the PhD stand for Piled higher and Deeper?
>>
>>310232
>Don't forget adding the economy to it
The republicans forgot. Or at least they haven't been running on it at ALL. wonder why...

>a strong stance on crime and immigration
Throwing kids in cages IS A strong stance, I will admit.

>effective foreign trade policies
A trade war, here, trashed deals there, driving all our Pacific allies into the arms of China and our Atlantic allies into the arms of Russia? It's SUPER effective!
>>
>>310238
>dems had a bunch of safe seats to revote on
What are you smoking? This was literally the most unfriendly Senate map democrats have ever faced.
>>
>>310238
Review Wisconsin.
Democrats won 3 state wide races yet Republicans retain control of the state house and senate because of extreme gerrymandering.

>>310243
>Most unfriendly senate map in midterm history
Fixed
>>
>>310235
Republicans have a knack for taking a good economy and turning it into a pile of shit. Kansas has first hand experience.
>>
>>310240
>Throwing kids in cages IS A strong stance, I will admit.

You mean that thing that was literally never proven to have happened during the Trump administration, but has been documented to happen almost entirely during the Obama administration, and the thing that you're only thinking about NOW because Orange Man Bad and because you're a useful idiot who has never, ever stopped to think about what we do to kids whose parents go to jail?
>>
>>310246
Neo-cons have a knack for taking a good economy and turning it into a pile of shit. Neo-cons can be red or blue.

The thing no one understands is that 2016 is the end of the Neocon era. We're just waiting for both parties to flush their remaining neocons, one seat at a time.
>>
>>310250
Now THIS is gaslighting.
>>
Someone told Trump what Democratic House control means because this morning he threatened House Democrats by saying he'd order the DoJ and Senate Republicans to investigate them if they attempted oversight of his administration.
>>
>>310261
We need an edit of Anakin with that
>>
>>310252
I would love if that happened. Neocons were a mistake.
>>
>>310250
Fun fact; you can call a current administration on its shit AND have called a past administration in their shit.
Fuck off with your tribalism projection.
>>
>>310263
no, this is not what happened anon, stop shilling bullshit, i listened to his speech.
He was speaking in the context of bipartisanship and working together with democrats and said how he would prefer they work together because the senate, which i republican, can order investigations as well and they havent been ordering investigations against democrats, but if democrats wanted to take that path, they could do the same and then absolutely no work would actually be done in the legislative branch, with everyone investigating each other.
bottom line was he said if both sides can order bullshit investigations if thats the game that is to be played
now go eat a dick
>>
>>310270
This. Why do people assume everything Obama did is automatically sunshine and rainbows to democrats.

We don't THINK that way. There is NO candidate with zero flaws - you're fooling yourself if you think Trump is the God Emperor. We just vote for the candidate with more good than bad, and failing that, AGAINST the candidate with more bad.

The current political environment makes this choice really easy.
>>
>>310271
>which i republican
*which is republican
basically his speech was saying that he wanted to work together with democrats and not have each party fighting each other.

>>310263
now go eat another dick
>>
>>310271
How is that not exactly what anon said
>>
Republicans did extremely well. During the last prisidents first mid-term elections the ruling party lost 60 something seats in the house and several in the senate.. we only saw republicans lose a third of house seats and gained in the senate.
the number of senate seats gained for the ruling party during a mid term election hasnt been this large since Kennedy or so
>>
>>310273
>so you're talking investigations, well you know the SENATE can investigate too, wink wink, so we should totally try and work together, wink wink, and things will be just fine for everyone!

That's what you call a thinly-veiled threat. Trump use a them so often you could mistake it for breathing.
>>
>>310274
oversight is an intentionally misleading word to the point of it being completely false.
you REALLY have to stretch the meaning of the term to claim that oversight is a synonym for frivolous investigations
>>
>>310275
Friendly map, friendly economy. It's been said before, Trump has the Devil's luck.
>>
>>310277
>That's what you call a thinly-veiled threat. Trump use a them so often you could mistake it for breathing.
ok!
>>
>>310277
>Trump
>thinly-veiled anything
That doesn't sound like something Trump would do.
>>
>>310278
>frivolous
Silly anon, that's not how you spell 'multiple convictions and guilty pleas'!
>>
>>310282
silly anon he wasnt talking about an investigation that failed to turn up what it was looking for, although he did mention that later
>>
Why don't the democrats focus on other pressing, more bipartisan issues, like the health of government agencies like the EPA, climate change, healthcare reform, tax reform, net neutrality, and foreign relations?
Areas in which it is easier to explain the problems in a more rational way.
>>
>>310252
>>310268
Too bad the neocon who ruined the Kansas economy, Sam Brownback, is now one of Trump's roving ambassadors.
>>
>>310284
because muh raycism n sheit
>>
>>310284
Who told you they weren't focusing on those thing? >>310286 doesn't count.
>>
>>310284
I'm not sure why you think they're not doing those too.
>>
>>310284
>democrats
>rational
does that answer your question?
>>
>>310284
because orange man is bad, they wont be able to start real work until they are done trying to convince everyone of this
>>
>>310278
Oversight is not a misleading word because it's what the Democrats would do, annd unlike the Republicans they have a list of misconduct or negligence that they are obligated to investigate that Republicans didn't because they were running cover for Trump.
Here's a quick sample of legitimate concerns.
>White House security clearances (involving Jared Kushner, Ivanka Trump, national security adviser John Bolton, and others)
>The controversial addition of a citizenship question to the 2020 census
>The Trump administration’s Muslim travel ban
>The State Department’s decision to close its cyber office
>The EPA’s use of a political loyalty list
>The possible participation of Cambridge Analytica’s foreign employees in US elections
>The deadly ambush in Niger that left four American soldiers dead
>The use of private email by White House officials
>Trump’s response to the hurricane that devastated Puerto Rico
>The dealings of the Trump Foundation
>Potential conflicts of interest between Kushner’s business actions and his policy advice
>Payments the Trump Organization received from foreign sources
>Russian intervention with state voting systems
>Former national security adviser Michael Flynn’s contacts with foreign officials
>>
>>310281
No, he generally just tries to intimidate and then adopts his opponents position as what he was planning the whole time, making a capitulation look like a win.

He has to gaslight a lot as a result.
>>
There's also interest in finding the motives behind...

>Nepotism in the Trump White House
>Trump’s (now-shuttered) voter fraud commission
>Attorney General Jeff Sessions’ inaccurate congressional testimony about his pre-election contacts with Russian officials and his post-election recusal from the Russian investigation
>Sessions’ reversal of Justice Department criminal justice reform initiatives
>Ivanka Trump’s business affairs and potential conflicts of interest
>Trump’s firing of FBI director James Comey
>Trump administration measures (or lack thereof) to secure elections from foreign interference
>The White House’s use of non-disclosure agreements
>Payments received by Michael Cohen when he was Trump’s personal attorney
> Hush money Cohen paid to porn star Stormy Daniels (an action for which he pleaded guilty to a federal crime, while maintaining that Trump had been part of a criminal conspiracy)
>Trump’s endorsement of a Chinese telecommunications firm, a move that raised ethics concerns
>Trump’s income tax returns (which several Democrats have said they would seek)

Not a single one of those are frivolous or unreasonable because the public deserves the right to know what the motivations or information behind those actions were.
>>
>>310291
yes, it is a misleading term because he was not talking about oversight you idiot
>>
>>310291
Lol, keep going. That's one shovelful of shit, you're gonna need a front end loader.
>>
>>310293
It's like during his speech where he told his supporters Democrats were going to destroy their Obamacare.
>>
>>310294
Yep, keep going...
>>
>>310287
Don't most Americans want those things?
>>
>>310295
>It's a witchhunt because Trump says so
How's it feel being a gullible retard?
>>
>>310284
>bothisgood.gif
>>
>>310299
They do until the bill comes, and suddenly it's a commie plot to destroy the white man and Jesus.
>>
>>310291
i think if you asked nearly anyone to rewrite this section of his speech in their own words they would write something similar to:
"if you make us the target of frivolous investigations, we will do the same to you"
only a complete idiot would rewrite it as:
"if you attempt government oversight we will order the DoJ and Senate Republicans to investigate you"
You are the only person I have heard interpret it as such and it makes me believe you did not actually listen to the speech
>>
>>310299
Dems are focusing on those things. Whoever told you otherwise was lying to you.
>>
>>310300
you are now arguing about the mueller investigation you complete and utter retard
>>
>>310304
Sure, but do you really think Trump will consider any investigation against him or his party as anything BUT frivolous?

He called every single thing Mueller has done frivolous and unnecessary and the man has unveiled indictment after indictment and conviction after conviction. Trump has a really bad sense of what's frivolous and what isn't.
>>
>>310307
>but do you really think Trump will consider any investigation against him or his party as anything BUT frivolous
thats a good point, im not disagreeing with this, i was really just arguing the point that anon probably hadnt watched the speech because what he was saying could only be extracted from it by a complete retard
>>
>>310308
The key correction that needs to be made is that it's TRUMP making the speech.
>>
>>310284
With just the House the Dems can't do basically any of that. Unless by "Healthcare reform" you mean gutting the existing healthcare laws and "tax reform" you mean cutting taxes to ridiculous levels. Trump and the Senate Republicans aren't going to sign onto raising taxes, implementing net neutrality regulations, or making a public healthcare system. Trump made it a personal mission to gut EPA regulations so he wont allow new ones. Trump also thinks climate change is a chinese hoax to make America weaker so that's another problem. Democrats can only act as a check on Trump at the national level. At least the wins at the state level mean they can implement popular ideas there.
>>
>>310310
>At least the wins at the state level mean they can implement popular ideas there.
Also means they can keep up the war on gerrymandering. The more local legislatures im0ose reform the harder it will be to steal them away.
>>
>>310304
You're a retard if you can't read between the lines. He doesn't want Democrats providing oversight on his administration because it will reveal damaging information. He was extremely brazen about saying if Democrats did their job and provided oversight and transparency, he'd retaliate against them by using the DoJ and Senate in his 'I don't know, we might have to do that' tone. Also he brought up the forced meme that if he were impeached, the economy would crash, because the only one with impeachment on their mind is him.
Just because he decides to dress it up his rhetoric to not be something doesn't change the fact that's what it is.
Also, you're clinging to his speech extremely hard, check his witter if you really want to know what he's thinking, he was pretty overt with his threats there.

>>310306
Trump is going to adopt that phrase for any attempt to have oversight on him. Just watch him throw a shit fit over his taxes and say its a witchhunt while running to the Republican supreme court to keep them hidden
>>
inb4 newly minted Senator Mitt Romney ends up becoming Chairman of the Impeachment Committee in the Senate.
>>
>>310313
Another downside to the election is the 'moderate' wing of the Republican, aka the far right were wiped out, leaving only the fringe right, who are all Trump kool-aid drinkers.
Mueller could find smoking gun evidence that Trump committed treason and Senate Republicans wouldn't vote to convict because party always comes before country.
>>
>>310310
I mean by healthcare reform amending the existing ACA.
>>
>>310310
Did dems do well in local elections?
>>
>>310312
>Just watch him throw a shit fit over his taxes
He is literally already doing that. Saying they're still under audit (after two years?!) And that no one can understand them anyway or some shit like that
>>
>>310318
Yeah, not amazing but there was definitely some shifts. 11 Texas seats flipped and the obama-trump states are reverting.
>>
>>310320
Did PA go blue again?
>>
What'll be interesting going forward won't be the democratic party in my eyes, but rather the republican party. Trump called out numerous more moderate candidates for his party who refused to take his support in the midterms, almost stating that if he had been there they would have won. The republican party has shifted massively, in fact it might be more fair to call them the Trump party at this point, they now live and die off the presidents approval. They have certainly won to a great degree it this time, but that could easily change given how tumultuous he's been as a president, and what happens when's no longer the president? Will they be able to field as large a character as him afterwards?
>>
>>310321
Bob Casey takes the federal Senate seat. Governorship also went blue. State house is 7-9 though.
>>
>>310327
Note that this gives the Dems the ability to fight bad redistricting in Pennsylvania by vetoing any gerrymandered maps during the 2020 census. Governor-elect Wolf won't be up again until 2022.
>>
>>310318
https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2018/11/7/18071410/democrat-state-legislature-colorado-minnesota-election-results

>>310326
It's Asymmetrical Polarization, Democrats remain moderate, while Republicans further radicalize and drag the country further to the right because the media creates the false dichotomy that both sides are to blame for the broken politics rather than putting it squarely on the Republicans for their refusal to compromise that doesn't benefit them lopsidedly.

But Trump blaming everyone but himself once again shows what a whiny, little, bitch he is. One of the reasons the Republicans got blown out in the House was because Trump went all in on being openly racist and xenophobic, which left a very bad taste in the mouth of the suburbs after one of his supporters try to assassinate high ranking democratic officials and white supremacists who were embolden by Trump go on rampages. Of course that? That was the media's fault for reporting on it according to Trump.
It boggles the mind how anyone can call Trump and Alpha when he runs away from responsibility and blames everyone else when something goes wrong.
>>
Election Update

John Tester, is one lucky mother fucker as he survives a nail biter as he's declared the winner for Montana's senate race after Trump declared him public enemy number one for scuttling his Surgery General pick.
>>
>>310335
Funny that he was just bragging about Tester losing in his press conference a few hours ago.
>>
>>310335
Well Trump sure tested him.
>>
Trump just fired Sessions by tweet because he was to much of a gutless bitch to do it at his press conference.

Expect to see a full on attack on Mueller soon if Rosenstien follows and this turns into a Wednesday Night massacre.
>>
>>310347
>if Rosenstien follows
It's not an if, it's a when. Rosenstein's resignation was pretty much announced weeks ago in reg to that NYT article about his scandal, he either chose or was pressured by Trump to stay on until after the midterms.
>>
To the guy throwing around the term 'neocon' for economic and domestic policies. STOP. Neocon is strictly for foreign policy, and while Obama did continue certain interventionist policies, he wasn't a Neocon because they were proactive in stirring shit up to stay in power.
Watch the Power of Nightmares for more information.

What you're looking to blame is neoliberalism economics. Keep in mind this is the European version of liberalism, not the American one where it's associated with socialism and left policies, because neoliberalism economics supports fiscal austerity, deregulation, free trade, privatization and greatly reduced government spending. Basically, give all the money to the rich and corporations which is what Republicans and Clinton democrats, to a degree, were about.

Also fun fact, Neocon's were banking on fear to stay in power, that failed in 2006 and they never fully recovered. The question is will Trump's racist, fearmongering also follow the same fate?
>>
>>310347
>>310349

>>310354
meh, pretty sure being a neocon was also about espousing supply-side Reaganomics. Ask Fred Barnes and Bill Kristol.
>>
>>310347
hey, be fair, maybe he decided to fire him after the conference
>>
>>310353
Rosenstein isn't out, but he WAS removed from oversight of the Mueller investigation.

This is beyond unethical. Put your protest coat on.
>>
>>310355
it's an emphasis on free-market capitalism and an interventionist foreign policy.
Neo-liberalism better explains the trickle down economics.

>>310357
He's been wanting to fire him ever since the Mueller probe started since that's what pissed him off. The fact he let it happened and didn't cripple it. Trump only wants personal loyalty. It looks like we have to motive for why Trump fired Sessions, it's because Mueller is going to indict his son. >>310325

The only bright news is people who know and who worked with Mueller says he's already got some dead man switches primed if Trump does come after him.
>>
Florida senate race = Run off
Mississippi senate race = Run off (2nd Republican in the race might back democrat to spite the front runner)
Georgia race = possible run off (If not for voter suppression, Democrat would have won)
>>
>Midwest states that elected Trump kick Republicans to the curb

Call it the “Midwest Massacre.”

Rust Belt states that handed Trump the White House by the thinnest of margins in 2016 registered their collective buyer’s remorse on Tuesday and delivered Democrats a string of key victories.

Democrats won Senate and governor’s races in Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin — three states that were key to Trump’s win in 2016.

Only a narrow Democratic loss in the Ohio governor’s race prevented the party from posting a four-state Midwestern sweep on Election Day.

In total, Democrats won seven of the eight marquee races in those four Midwest states.

With Trump now deeply unpopular in many Midwest states, Republicans failed to build on their 2016 success. In many cases, saddled with weak candidates and lackluster fundraising, they failed to even compete with Democrats this year.

In Wisconsin, Democratic Sen. Tammy Baldwin won re-election with ease, as did Sen. Sherrod Brown in Ohio, Sen. Debbie Stabenow in Michigan, and Sen. Bob Casey in Pennsylvania.

Michigan elected a new Democratic governor, picked up seats in the state’s House and Senate, and claimed victory in the Secretary of State race, an office the party hasn’t held in three decades.

The biggest news out of Wisconsin was the defeat of the notoriously anti-worker Gov. Scott Walker, who once had presidential aspirations and has served as a Trump loyalist.

Meanwhile, Pennsylvania was an electoral disaster for the GOP.

Thanks in part to a court-ordered redistricting of the state’s blatantly gerrymandered congressional districts, Democrats dominated on Election Day.

Not only did Casey win his U.S. Senate contest by a huge margin, but Democrats also retained the governor’s mansion and flipped four House seats in the Keystone State.
>>
Trump’s disastrous policies — especially his reckless trade war — helped doom any chances the GOP had to compete in the Midwest.

In Michigan for instance, Ford has announced it has already lost $1 billion thanks to Trump’s trade war. The American auto giant is now looking at thousands of layoffs as part of a reorganization strategy.

For years, Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin have formed a “blue wall” that Democrats could count on to back them up in the electoral college. Trump barely managed to break through that wall in 2016, becoming the first GOP presidential candidate in nearly 30 years to win those states.

Even though Trump won by a margin of just 78,000 votes total between all three states, reporters spent the next two years scouring Midwestern diners trying to identify the allure Trump held for voters there.

But it’s clear now that the blue wall is as strong as it’s ever been.
>>
>>310427
How will /pol/ spin this?
>>
>>310429
Illegal mudslime votes bussed in from Canada, or something like that.

Pardon the slur.
>>
>>310429
Candidates' fault, not Trump's. Trump can only win, never lose. This logic does not compute. Nothing to see here.
>>
>>310208
Yet Republicans are saying this was a big win as: the House historically switches sides in the midterms, Trump lost the lowest amount of seats since Reagan, and Obama lost 3 times as many.

So which narrative is the correct one?
>>
>>310488
damage control. Without the house their big policy goals are shot, investigations are incoming, and Mueller will be protected.

That's why Trump's trying to cripple the investigation by replacing Jeff Sessions with one of his stooges.
>>
>>310488
All of the Senatorial candidates that Trump personally campaigned for at rallies won their elections.
>>
>>309992
>I haven't followed the Kansas race, care to explain?

Brownback and his cronies gutted the Kansas GOP as part of his "conservative experiment", running out as many moderates and dissenters as they could. Then they proceeded to use their consolidated political power to make the state into a national embarrassment. Kobach, a well known shitter, was going to be more of the same, a complete denial of their failures and mistakes. It wasn't working and needed to stop. Kansas is generally conservative, not insane.
>>
>>310492
This, also as for the senate, it was the most unfavorable map in Senate history.

>>310493
This is a lie, Jon Tester, who was one of Trump's top targets survived.
>>
>>310498
To ad to this, what Brownback and the Republicans did was run trickle down economics, what Republicans always do which is give all the money to the rich, and proceed to do it on steroids. What ended up happening was they produced solid evidence that it's a total failure and it will destroy your economy.
https://www.cbpp.org/research/state-budget-and-tax/kansas-provides-compelling-evidence-of-failure-of-supply-side-tax-cuts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcLoBdkqxos

It also didn't help that Kobach was a Trump acolyte and was the pioneer of modern voter suppression tactics to the point Trump had him lead his voter fraud commission in order to explore better ways to suppress voter turnout among the democratic base before it was disbanded out of shame. Kobach was so awful, his Republican primary opponent endorsed the Democrat.
>>
>>310492
>>investigations are incoming
>2 years of house investigations that find nothing and go nowhere but spend lots of money
>not losing the house in 2020
Pick one
>>
>>310506
>being a good person
>supporting Trump
>knowing literally anything about politics
Pick two.
>>
>>310509
>you
>butthurt
>can't admit or even address argument that investigations will bring about nothing
Pick three
>>
>>310512
Well let's see. You have completely ignored reality by implying the two years of investigation so far have turned up nothing, in spite of the fact that 32 people have been indicted and half a dozen of them are right now this very second in prison, and the president is an uninfected co-conspirator, so I feel totally justified in ignoring YOU in return.

Good day!
>>
>>310515
>in spite of the fact that 32 people have been indicted and half a dozen of them are right now this very second in prison
None of which has anything to do with anything that ties Trump to Russia in a manner that proves collusion, or proves definitively that any sort of Russian influence had a decided effect on the election, including but limited to: actual manipulation of vote counts or voter roles

>and the president is an uninfected co-conspirator
According to a disgraced lawyer & proven liar who stole from his boss and then attempted to blame him for it
>>
>>310517
>None of which has anything to do with blah blah blah

Funny how you never mention that until you're forced to. I don't give a shit about 'collusion', I care about judicial ethics. Trump is interfering in an investigation he has no business touching.
>>
Meanwhile with the party of 'law and order'

>The new GOP minority: 2 indictments, a violent criminal, and Jim Jordan
Voters delivered a walloping to Republicans on Election Day, and come January the party will be relegated to minority status in the House of Representatives.

What’s more, the diminished Republican chamber will welcome back two members under federal indictment, a violent criminal, and someone accused of turning a blind eye as students were sexually assaulted.

Clearly, Republicans are not sending their best people to Congress.

Both Reps. Chris Collins (R-NY) and Duncan Hunter (R-CA) have been charged with federal crimes by the Department of Justice.

Collins was charged with insider trading in August 2018. The indictment alleges Collins passed private information to his son that let him make advantageous stock trades of Innate Immunotherapeutics, an Australian biotech company. Collins is on the board of directors for the company and is one its largest shareholders, with nearly 17 percent of the stock.

Hunter is charged with using his campaign cash as a personal slush fund. His indictment includes allegations of misusing a quarter of a million dollars on personal expenses like family vacations and expensive theater tickets.

Collins and Hunter were also the first two members of Congress to endorse Trump’s campaign for president.

In Montana, Rep. Greg Gianforte is returning to Congress despite the fact that he pled guilty to violently assaulting a reporter on the eve of a 2017 special election.

Trump openly joked about the incident just days before the 2018 midterm, showing that he wholeheartedly approved of Gianforte’s actions.

And Republicans care so little about protecting the free press that most couldn’t be bothered to object to Trump’s celebration of violence against journalists.
>>
Rep. Jim Jordan (R-OH), a far-right leader of the radical Freedom Caucus, is not only returning to Congress, but is vying to become GOP Minority Leader.

Jordan faces a rash of accusations stemming from his time as a college wrestling coach at Ohio State University. Numerous students came forward in 2018 with allegations of being molested, and many said Jordan turned a blind eye towards the abuse.

Embracing abjectly immoral behavior is nothing new for Republicans. After all, the party is united behind Trump, who is endlessly corrupt, racist, and malevolent.

The same Republican Party also stood by accused child molester Roy Moore’s doomed Senate campaign, and still embraces white nationalist and Nazi sympathizer Rep. Steve King (R-IA) as a member of good standing in the party.

Democrats ran on a pledge to clean up corruption in Washington, especially the culture of corruption surrounding Trump.

Republicans? Not so much.
>>
>>310519
>Funny how you never mention that until you're forced to
Funny how YOU never mention that until you forced to when people who aren't complete idiots question your factually incorrect statements.

>I care about judicial ethics
LOL

>Trump is interfering in an investigation he has no business touching.
I'm pretty sure it's fully within his power to accept the resignation of his AG and appoint a replacement.
>>
>>310527
it's also in his power to pardon every rich white person in the country, but that doesn't mean that people wouldn't or shouldn't condemn for it
>>
>>310530
>it's also in his power to pardon every rich white person in the country, but that doesn't mean that people wouldn't or shouldn't condemn for it
Well he's not doing that, so maybe don't make mindless whataboutisms
>>
>>310429
They're already spinning this as a Trump victory because the GOP gained seats in the Senate and the incoming obstructionism from the Dem-controlled House will be bad optics. Also they're latching onto Ted Cruz winning in Texas, as if a Republican just barely managing to hold onto a Senate seat in fucking Texas of all states is some great victory.
>>
>>310533
the point being that just because something is within trump's power as president doesn't mean he has any business actually doing it
>>
>>310107
To be fair, no one is calling Trump Hitler, Hilter volunteered to serve in the army.
>>
>>310536
Trump is spinning it by saying that the Dems had a massive cash donation from special interests compared to the republican. Also he didn't even mention his "best friend" Ted Cruz in his first speech after the midterm, likely because he doesn't want to touch on the thought of a blue Texas.
>>
>>310539

Hitler was competent and ideological in a way Trump is not.
>>
>>310540
Beto 2020
>>
>>310527
It's within the President's power to do many, many things.

It is also a crime to use that power to obstruct an ongoing criminal investigation, regardless of whether it involves him, and regardless of whether the use of power is legal.

If any of his abilities as President are used with intent to obstruct, that's a crime.

>>
>>310544
>>310540
The irony is while Beto lost, he helped raise voter turn out enough that Democrats picked up some house seats in Texas they normally wouldn't have.
Same in Georgia even with the massive voter suppression operations by Republicans.
>>
>>310548
>Georgia
Speaking of, Kemp's solution to people requesting to check their absentee ballots...was to doxx them.

All of them.

He literally posted a single file containing the personal information of nearly 300,000 people to his website.

Why is this man not in jail?
>>
>>310549
In a decently run country he would be in jail.
>>
>>310548
He's young, charismatic, and the biggest spot on his record that the slimiest senator in Congress could find was that he was in a punk rock band.

I'd vote for him.
>>
>>310562
As a democrat, it would be really hard to find anyone as unelectable as Hillary. I couldn't bring myself to vote for her, and Democrats are definitely not as blindly loyal to the (D) next to someone's name as Republicans are to the (R)
>>
>>310564
I think every Dem can agree at this point that Hillary was a weak candidate.

Beyond the sliming, beyong the misinfo, beyond all the cards stacked against her...she just wasn't electrifying.

Beto is. I've never had a guy where I was annoyed that I *couldn't* vote for him (wrong state). So I donated instead. I donated to a race that literally didn't affect me because I liked the candidate that much.

I guess I'm a shill?
>>
>>310566
Here is an interesting question I have had for a while now which you kind of touched on. Why is it legal for people to donate to the campaign of a politician who they can't vote for? At that point, you are trying to influence the election in favor of the side who you feel will best act out your wishes, which may or may not align with that of the people they actually are supposed to represent. Isn't this similar to a foreign power donating money? As an extension to this question, could this be extended to the political parties creating a national slush fund to use in state elections?
>>
>>310570
You have a First Amendment to speak in favor of whatever candidate you want, and according to the Supreme Court, money is speech.
>>
>>310573
That makes sense. Though wouldn't foreign nationals have their speech protected and therefore be allowed to contribute to a campaign in much the same way as an out of state citizen?
>>
>>310573
>money is speech
Yet another mistake by the Republican Supreme Court.

>>310576
It's only allowed if you're a Republican if Trump is any indicator.
>>
>>310573
Pretty much this. Citizens United, yo.

Republicans wanted their dark money into politics and then got all butthurt when 20 million people dropped 20 bucks each to blow them the fuck out.
>>
>>310566
That's the virtue/liability of Democrats, if they have really damaged goods, they'll either force them out of the race or just won't vote for them on principle.

Republicans will vote or defend ANYONE. Never 4get Roy Moore the disgraced state supreme court pedophile.
>>
>>310580
Citizens United did nothing to enable or prevent you so an individual from supporting a candidate outside of your state/district. It is irrelevant to that discussion
>>
>>310582
Moore was going after prepubescent girls?
>>
>>310589
He was more of a hebephile, but he used to cruise the malls looking for underage teen girls.
>>
>>310317
Since when has "amending" been the agenda of the Republicans? They've been calling for ACA's abolishment for years.
>>
>>310601
Ask them that. They're flip-flopping on that shit like a pair of sandals.
>>
Why do dumb rural people get to rule our country? We built this country, and there are more of us than there are of you. You just happen to live here.
>>
>>310623
Sounds like somethings the indian tribes were told.
>>
>>310086
> You really don't understand what the Democrats in the House will do now that they have the power of investigation to hold Trump accountable for his actions, do you?

Create a boogeyman to project 100% of the blame onto, which Trump will use to get re-elected
>>
>>310628
If there's two things Trump excels at it's blaming others for his failures and playing the victim.
>>
>>310504
>Kobach was so awful, his Republican primary opponent endorsed the Democrat.

Which, for our friends here not from Kansas, was not without precedent. Kansas Republicans have been endorsing Kansas Democrats since Brownback first ran for governor, because his whole faction of the party is packed with cretins, thieves, and lunatics. The conservative disarray after Obama was elected really let some foxes into the hen house.
>>
>>310623
sounds like something the jews were told in pre-WWII Germany
>>
>>309982
Unfortunately I feel /pol/, and far-right/alt-right/neo-Nazi/white nasho bullshit, is here to stay. It'll be like the 60s and 70s all over again, but without the cool hippie/folk music
>>
>>310623
Because according to Thomas Jefferson, virtue comes from agrarian self-sufficiency. I don't really know where that leaves us in an age when it hinges around proprietary GMOs, subsidies, illegal immigrant labor, factory farms, mega doses of antibiotics, etc.
>>
>>310645
If Trump is decisively defeated in 2020 or gets killed/arrested after he attempts a coup or some other brazen criminal act, (because I don't put it past him to try that), there's a chance that if enough people descend on /pol/ to just relentlessly shit on them over their leader being taken out, you'll drive out a bulk of the newfags that occupy and shit up 4chan.
The real problem is, it's abundantly clear the mods have a pro /pol/ bias so they'd defend it since those retards are Hiro's money maker.
>>
Could Sanders win the presidency if he runs on the Green Party? I think being able to criticize both sides would be a huge plus.
>>
>>310657
If Sanders wins in 2020 will /pol/ flip to his party?
>>
>>310084
>Biden has a bunch of sniffing children's videos, whether the man would be a good president of not, it'd make for easy ammo for Trump.

Trump literally has pictures and audio clips of him saying he wants to bang his own daughter

so STFU
>>
>>310659
Links or stfu
>>
>>310659
>Pictures of him saying something
These can't actually be used to prove he said something
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QXyAFz2z8k
Lawrence O'Donnell delivering some much needed catharsis after the media constantly shit on the Democrats.
>>
>there's a 4chan board that is actually not fellating Trump/the alt-right

What the fuck
>>
>>310275

Dems are set to win about 35 seats for a total of 229 - 206. They actually gained more seats than in 2006, however their overall margin of leadership is a bit lower. This is despite a solid economy and districts drawn against their favor. They performed around as forecast.
>>
>>310687
Don't forget the map was completely rigged against them due to gerrymandering and voter suppression from the Republicans as well.
>>
Trevor Noah just made a great observation that should scare us shitless after what Trump pulled today.

>For the past two years, that's been Trump when he's winning. Now we're going to see Trump when he's losing
>>
>>310695
He's gonna nuke someone. Get ready lads.
>>
>>310705
Someone in the White House will stop him. However I think actually attempting to start a nuclear war would genuinely be enough to bring him down once and for all. No one will put up with that.
>>
>>310685
It's because they can't distract from the truth by dumping meme images that have nothing to do with the topic at hand. They actually have to use their words to argue, and that scares Trumptards away.
>>
>>310706
As the man himself said, he could shoot someone and no one would bat an eye. There's nothing he could do at this point that his fanatical followers wouldn't defend.
>>
>>310708
True, but his followers are declining in number every day, as this election proved. The people who won't put up with his shit are increasing.
>>
>>310706
>>310705
>>310708
His follows will do anything for him, the military? Not so much, you're seeing more and more ex or retired military come out and rebuke Trump, and that signals to active leadership that while they have tolerate him, if Trump orders something to clearly crosses the line or violates the Constitution, it's their duty to the country to ignore it or openly resist.

Keep in the mind, the military has already ignored several of Trump's more insane orders like when he ordered the assassination of Assad or the preemptive strike of North Korea.

If Trump attempted to start a nuclear war, or any military conflict strictly for political gain, you'd see either mass resignations or the military actively revolt against him. Because remember, their oath of loyalty is the Constitution, not the president.

Trump will attempt something out of desperation and enough of the Republican party is naive or stupid enough to follow him off the cliff. Remember half of Republicans voters said that they'd be alright with postponing the next presidential election if Trump proposed it.
>>
>>310713
George Bush sr. lost the second term because he reneged on his promise for no new taxes and his supporters actually held him accountable for that,
republicans use to have standards, what the hell happened?
>>
>Now Shareblue is talking to itself fantasizing about Trump starting a nuclear war
Christ, the level of delusion on this hugbox of a board is palatable.
Do you not listen to yourselves for just a minute? You sound just like /r/politics, right now. You can't be this dumb.

>>310722
>republicans use to have standards, what the hell happened?
Red party or Blue party haven't had standards since either of us were alive. Good to see that a few years of the media soothesaying into your ears has been enough to convince you that Neo-cons are great and endless wars and foreign meddling is 'having standards'.

I hope Hiroshimoot closes this shitty text board.
>>
>>310723
George Bush senior wasnt a neocon , in fact neocons hated the guy.
>>
>>310723
>palatable
LMAO every time /pol/tards try to sound smart they get the words wrong.

This is how I know my side is right, because I'm constantly reminded of just how unintelligent the other side is.
>>
>>310749
Dude stop
>>
>>310755
Why? He's right, lol
>>
>>310749
>LMAO every time /pol/tards try to sound smart they get the words wrong.
He both spelled and used the word correctly

>This is how I know my side is right, because I gaslight myself into believing it just like I gaslight other people
>>
>>310778
>Christ, the level of delusion on this hugbox of a board is palatable
>Palatable
>(of an action or proposal) acceptable or satisfactory.

ARE YOU SURE ABOUT THAT.
>>
>>310722
>what the hell happened?
The Republican Revolution of 1994 and Asymmetrical polarization.
The only thing that was a capital offense to Republicans was if they worked with democrats. No criminal act was disqualifying for Republicans. Especially after George W Bush was done.

>>310778
Stop projecting /pol/.
>>
>>310771
Because this is politics not a fucking football match.
>>
>>310722
In 1987 the Fairness Doctrine was dropped by the FCC, then radio personalities like Rush Limbaugh and polarizing TV programs like Fox News took over the airwaves. This brought about highly polarizing figures like Newt Gingrich who basically established the modern Republican party which believes compromise is a bad word and started treating politics as a zero-sum game.
>>
>>310790
>Stop projecting /pol/.
Tu quoque r/politics
>>
"Shareblue" should be a blacklisted word, I'd like one thread where this guy doesn't chimp out over a boogieman and bring the discourse to a plummetting joke.
>>
>>310006
>implying any of those qualities are something boomers dislike
>>
>>310691
I have seen this a lot recently. Do you have a source?
>>
>>310903
For gerrymandering in general? Gove it a googling, specifically regarding the United states.

The 2010 census and redistricting was a particularly juicy opportunity for many republicans to use statistical analysis to strengthen their control over state legislatures.

For a really good example, North Carolina had a majority vote Democrat, and has 10 of its 13 state representative seats occupied by republicans.

For voter suppression, a stellar example would be Brian Kemp, who has achieved a world record in voter rolls purging. The numbers vary depending on how you measure them but within the last two years it's in the range of hundreds of thousands - the vast majority of whom are black. He has been warned and curtailed multiple times by federal judges and just this morning resigned from his seat as Secretary of State - after declaring victory (a notion disputed by his opponent) in the gubernatorial election.
>>
>>310903
It's well-known that Republicans make heavy use of gerrymandering because there tend to be a lot more Democrats than Republicans in general. Earlier this year the Pennsylvania Supreme Court ordered the state's blatantly gerrymandered congressional map redrawn
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2018/02/19/pennsylvania-supreme-court-draws-a-much-more-competitive-district-map-to-overturn-republican-gerrymander/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.1a071fb5c220

Also in Georgia, for instance, Governor Kemp purged thousands of voters from the roll and stalled thousands more, allegedly over concerns with voter registration information, the large majority of whom just so happened to be black. This doesn't mention the closing of polling places, most of which are in majority black districts.
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/19/us/politics/georgia-voter-suppression.html
Kemp's gubernatorial opponent is refusing to concede to Kemp, and after such blatant voter suppression and borderline illegal interference I can't really say that I blame her.
>>
>>309929
well it's a start, right?
>>
>>310910
>>310908
Actually it's much, MUCH worse with Kemp since he's been actively engaging in voter suppression after the Republican Supreme Court gutted the Civil Right's Act where he's purged 11% of the voter rolls since 2014
https://www.apmreports.org/story/2018/10/19/georgia-voter-purge

If he does win, there's little doubt it would be because of his voter suppression tactics, and it's going to have a massive chilling effect in red states where Republicans will use Kemp's undemocratic and unamerican tactics as blueprints to stay in power.
>>
>>310988
It's a foothold.
>>
>>310994
The left encourages voting and protest.

The Right encourages suppression and violence.

Who deserves to lead?
>>
>>310778
>He
Who do you think you're fooling LMFAO

Also what is the bump limit on this board, I see we're on 320 posts and it's still not done. Is there seriously a limit of 500 on a board this slow?
>>
Republicans suing to suppress voters and keep their ballots from being counted in close Arizona Senate race
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/elections/arizona-gop-sues-limit-mail-ballots-senate-race-n933866?cid=sm_npd_ms_fb_ma

epublicans have gone to court to try to keep certain ballots from being counted in the Arizona Senate race, which is still too close to call and where an unfolding recount could take weeks to determine a winner.

Democrat Kyrsten Sinema and Republican Rep. Martha McSally remain separated by less than 20,000 votes, in a race where more than 600,000 ballots remain uncounted and nearly two million people voted.

Yet Republicans, always eager to suppress Democratic votes, are demanding that an entire category of mailed-in ballots be set aside — and they’re singling out Arizona’s two biggest urban counties, which just so happen to strongly favor Sinema, NBC News reports.

“The lawsuit seemed to signal Republicans’ anxiety over Thursday’s expected posting of additional results from Maricopa County, the most populous area of the state, where Sinema has dominated so far,” the Arizona Republic notes.

At issue is the state’s laborious mail-in voting process, and specifically what happens if officials suspect that the signature on a ballot does not match the one they have on file.

Some counties work under the presumption that they can contact voters after Election Day and allow them to verify their identity.

But Republicans insist in their lawsuit that officials are only allowed to contact voters prior to Election Day.

A Democratic election attorney, Andy Gordon, dismissed the claims as frivolous.

“There are counties all over the state who have been doing this forever,” Gordon said. “We’ve got a really, really, really tight Senate race, suddenly the Republicans say, ‘You shouldn’t be doing this, we need to call it off.'”

Arizona hasn’t elected a Democratic senator in two decades. The state has never elected a Democratic woman to the U.S. Senate.
>>
>>311133
like how the hell is that not voter suppression?
>>
>>311133
Bit too late for that, lol.

Sinema just pulled ahead. Only +2 now...
>>
>>311178
+1 my dude, Mississippi was already red. If Florida goes blue (and only Miami still counting) the Senate will come out unchanged.

And then Mississippi has the runoff...
>>
>>311178

And the Republicans IMMEDIATELY reverse course.

http://www.tucsonsentinel.com/local/report/110818_ballot_suit/update-republicans-reverse-stance-counting-early-ballots-mcsally-sinema-race/

Ring-a-ding-ding, your corruption is showing...
>>
>>311178
that doesn't really change the fact of the matter.
>>
>>311188
Nope, but this makes it funnier >>311185

Now they can't even virtue signal about it
>>
More attempts at voter suppression by Republicans, this time in Florida with corporate criminal Rick Scott.
https://www.axios.com/scott-suing-election-board-florida-senate-e640b817-89ad-49b5-8863-b8f587a47125.html

Also the governor race is heading to a recount as well even though the black guy conceded to the racist early on.
>>
Also enjoy the irony of what Republicans are doing in Florida.
Democrats look to have learned their lesson from 2000 after Republicans stole that election.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2018/11/08/florida-senate-race-democrats-send-lawyers-while-republicans-cry-foul/1930046002/
>>
>>311204
Someone reminded Gillium that Florida is to elections as Slowpoke is to shitposting. He reversed his decision, thankfully.
>>
>>310994
How difficult is it to get back on the voter roll following a purge? Seems like it should be a simple matter which every informed, sensible voter would do prior to the election
>>
>>311221
Depends on the state, but generally it's deliberately frustrating. This is because it's a favored method of Republicans to keep you from voting.
>>
>>311204
Conceding isn't actually legally binding in anyway if they continue to count votes and Gillum wins he becomes the governor. Those races are still going on.
>>
>>311221
I was a restricted voter because I submitted a absentee request for jury duty because I wasn't in the state. It didn't take too long to get my rights back (and I submitted an absentee ballot this year). This was all in Texas, other areas could really ratfuck the process though.
>>
>>311225
Texas doesn't care because it's gerrymandered the fuck out of Houston and Dallas, and relies on a hefty population of rural voters to maintain the red majority otherwise.

If Beto's narrow loss was any indication that is not a permanent state of affairs.
>>
>>311221
Most of the time they don't tell you you've been purged from the rolls, so when you try to vote they just go 'lol, nice try blackie'.

The big difference is Republicans target and purge minorities and poor who are much less likely to contest being purged or become so demoralized they don't re-register.

If you need some fun news, the AFL-CIO just finished their Scott Walker press release trilogy.

https://twitter.com/avismall/status/1060193667674193927
>>
>>311226
This, unlike California where statewide Republicans are such a non-entity that they're actually considered a third-party, Texas has a real chance of becoming purple within the next decade or two, and once that happens the Republicans are FUCKED
>>
>>311227
People don't call or look up their status before the election with ample time to ensure they can correct any errors? Isn't that just lazy?
>>
>>311229
Pretty much. With the Northern Walk now blue again, losing either Florida OR Texas would be a death sentence to the GOP.

In fact, Texas going blue would mean the GOP could capture Pennsylvania, Minnesota, Florida, AND Wisconsin, AND STILL LOSE.
>>
>>311230
People don't expect to be purged from the voting rolls after they properly registered because that's common sense. Do you call in to the DMV to make sure your driver's license is still valid every year? Of course not because you don't expect your secretary of state to invalidate your driver's license out of political scheming.
Please don't blame the victims.
>>
>>311231
>>311229
That's the real funny thing with how Republicans mock Californians leaving the state, they're still voting blue, which means they aren't so much as refugees, from California, but an invasion force.
>>
>>311232
I don't need to call in to confirm I can still drive as I have a valid ID that clearly states when it expires and have never had a court impose restrictions. So, unless you are arguing for voter ID as a replacement to the voter roll, this isn't a fair comparison
>>
>>311234
The right to vote doesn't expire. Driving is a privilege, voting is a right.
>>
>>311234
>I don't need to call in to confirm I can still drive as I have a valid ID that clearly states when it expires and have never had a court impose restrictions
Congrats on missing the point. Let me spell it out for you since you're being obtuse. Your voter registration is exactly like your divers license where you shouldn't need to check in to make sure it's still valid.
Hence why people who are purged from the rolls are caught off guard by the act.
Again, don't blame the victims.
>>
The elections in Florida, Georgia, and Texas are all sketchy.

Texas had voting machines switching Beto votes to the Earth Human TEDCRUZ.

Georgia's election was run by one of the people in the election and he purged like a third of a million voters leading up to the election.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/brian-kemp-340000-voters-748165/
>>
>>311239
Also Republicans are also throwing a shit fit over the fact there has to be a recount in Florida now for both the senate and governor, but this time the Democrats won't be caught with a thumb up their ass like in 2000 where Republicans were able to assault election workers to steal that one, and have airdropped in an army of lawyers to keep Republicans from destroying or rejecting ballots.
There's a good chance that if all the provisional ballots are counted, Gilliam would win. And that would be a biblical blow to Republicans.
>>
>>311238
No, it really isn't the same, since you can't be purged from your right to drive without your knowledge. The current system is what enables this type of thing to happen. Honestly I feel your previous argument is a rather stronger case for voter ID.

Also, what were the circumstances surrounding this purge? Surely they didn't just remove them without any notice whatsoever. In fact they were mailed notices telling them of their upcoming purge from the rolls and given a period of time to respond to remain on. So really, it kind of is their fault for not staying engaged and on top of their status.

>>311237
The right to vote may not expire, but it certainly needs to be regulated in some way to ensure a fair election.
>>
>>311182
Haha, wait a minute, what? So the Trumptards who were insisting just yesterday that they gained seats in the Senate not only didn't gain a single seat, but lost the house? Is that how it's about to turn out?
>>
First thing Dems should work on is getting automatic voter registration implemented in their new states. That will stop this bullshit where busybodies can arbitrarily prevent people from voting.
>>
>>311245
>No, it really isn't the same, since you can't be purged from your right to drive without your knowledge.
Oh you poor child. Yes they can, and not only that, they stop sending you information as well so you won't know.
>>
>>311251
If Arizona AND Florida end up going blue (Arizona looks like it might, but florida's a longer shot) then the Senate will indeed stay exactly where it is.

The Mississipi runoff is a much, MUCH longer shot. If THAT goes blue...the senate is 50-50.
>>
>>311244
Biblically blow me
>>
>>311265
Good lord, that would be amazing. I know it probably won't happen, but if it did there would be no end to my gloating. There is no way they'd be able to spin this as a win.
>>
>>311245
>you can't be purged from your right to drive without your knowledge.
You have to be 18 to post here.
So you really believe that every time someone gets their license revoked they are notified by certified mail?
>>
>>311265
>>311269
Even Republicans take 2 out of 3, that's still extremely bad for them because next election's senate map, they have to defend 21 seats compared to the Democrats 12.

And if you want a good recap of Democratic victories from the midterms, seeing as the media wants people to think that because Beto lost, the democrats lost, Rachel Maddow does a great job of that.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWFPbYjRkcs
>>
>>311270
Given the fact that the economy's in the shape it's in, losing at ALL is a serious rebuke of the party in power.
>>
>>311269
>>311262
I am going to need some proof that the DMV can revoke your license without sending any notification whatsoever and that this is a common occurence
>>
>>311276
>The economy
And we'll see if the Trump depression hits and if people are stupid enough to believe his 2020 election plan, which he already told the world like a supervillian, where he'd just blame the Democrats for everything.

The REAL win last night was flipping control of state legislators, because that effectively killed any hope of the Republicans and Koch brother's holding a constitutional convention which would have done much more damage to the country and Trump and ironically, makes his election over Clinton a good thing because if she were president, the Republicans would have all but been assured control of enough state legislators where they could have gone through with the Convention and turned America into kleptocracy like Russia. (Look up the liberty amendments if you wanted to see how Republicans would have destroyed America without even needing Trump)
>>
We're getting a real idea of how much damage Trump has done to the Republicans with his strategy of only appealing to his racist base.
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/11/07/us/politics/how-democrats-took-the-house.html

>Even with a lot of states being gerrymanders by Republicans, 317 House districts still swung left
>The media liked to crow about the 1000 state seats lost under Obama by democrats, Trump lost a third of those gains in this mid term alone, and this also includes all the gerrymandering as well.
>History Repeats: This was the biggest net gain in house seats for Democrats since Watergate
>>
>>310143
Because Trump cultists and other far right people see anything that doesn't explicitly favour Christians, White people, etc over others as "anti-Christian, anti-White", etc.
>>
>>310519
>I don't give a shit about 'collusion'

How convenient that only after even the dumbest libtards realized that the accusation is unsubstantiated bs you suddenly "don't care about it". Right, because if there was even a lick of truth behind that "collusion" bullshit you'd scream your lungs out about muh IMPEACHMENT. But now "oh, i don't care", sure.
What a hypocrite.

>>310543
>>310539

Libtards are so butthurt about Trump that they are literally shilling for Hitler now. Drumpphf is sooo bad and evil that even Hitler is better than him, is that it? Oh wow, who could have guessed that you people have no principles and you just regurgitate talking points you've heard on CNN and MSNBC. You'd believe and defend whatever your darling Colbert or John Oliver said the last night. If they will say that Hitler is actually better than Trump you'll repeat that like parrots.
>>
>>311345
Ad hominems and strawmen: the post
>>
>>311345
Why does every /pol/tard post read like it's written by a complete brainlet?
>>
>>311351

because they are absolute brainlets
>>
>>311351
Because they're semi-literate and lack critical thinking skills. This is exacerbated by terrible education, being surrounded by morons and getting all of their 'news' from far-right propaganda sources, which warps their view of the world until almost everything they believe is false.
>>
>>311366
>>311370
Amazing how the midterms STILL didn't wake them up. You'd think the sheer numbers would scare them but apparently their way of thinking is "W-well it wasn't every single seat so we're still safe!"
>>
You know what I've noticed?

It's quiet.

Where'd they all go? Before the election we couldn't go two posts without a Trumptard bleating like a sheep about something.
>>
>>311412
Well they're not on this board, but they're certainly not gone. They just hang out on boards like /v/ and /tv/ where there's zero moderation and nobody cares to combat their falsehoods

Definitely running into way too many people there that are still insisting they won, repeating that same old talking point that "it's typical to lose seats in the midterm, this was nothing."
>>
>>311417
>repeating that same old talking point that "it's typical to lose seats in the midterm, this was nothing."
It's typical to lose seats in the midterms.

Remember yesterday, when you claimed that the Republicans only won a bunch of statewide races through gerrymandering?
>>
>>311418
Oh, here one is right now. Come on bro, call me a Marxist. Where'd your confidence go?
>>
If they'd lost the senate they'd be saying "Well Trump is still president!" instead. All about moving goal posts with these people.
>>
>>311433
tbh I was most hoping for the Senate because it means there's finally a check on Trump's appointments to his cabinet and the entire Judicial branch.
>>
>>311433
here's a rabid liberal overjoyed that he's completely owning the conservatives

https://twitter.com/ElieNYC/status/1060064483912179712

oh wait he's not. i wonder why that could be.
>>
>>311436
The Senate is arguably more important but it was always considered a longshot and the focus of this cycle was keeping the seats we have and gaining in the House to act as a check on Trump's legislative agenda. For at least the next two years if not more Trump cannot create a new tax bill without consulting Nancy Pelosi first. Trump's legislative agenda is basically dead in the water.
>>
>>311438
Might not be Pelosi, actually.

No diss on her, she's a supremely competent legislator, but I'd like to see her challenged. Let's get some new blood up top.
>>
>>311458
We really don't need new blood right now, the country is in a lot of trouble with the incompetent baboon leading it and we can't afford to train a new House Speaker while we're trying to protect Mueller and keep votes to block Trump's horrifically bad ideas. We can get a new Speaker when we get a new President.
>>
>>311464
Do the Democrats even have anyone notable enough to elect president?
>>
>>311467
Beto is clearly in the running. Elizabeth Warren may be in the running as well. I think we'll have to see who steps up. Bernie has the popularity but considering his age he might opt out this time around. I don't think Biden would consider a run because he's just not really liberal enough to attract attention these days. We'll see what happens in the next two years. No one expected Trump until he ran.
>>
You know it's pretty easy to see where the "fake news" comes from when the media is now sensationalizing O'Rourke's loss and mostly ignoring the massive gains the Dems made in this election.

But of course THIS time, this is when the Republicans are okay with the news' reporting. Funny how that works, huh?
>>
>>311472
>muh boo-hoo wave ;_;
>>
>>311471
>Beto is clearly in the running
Why? Cause he almost beat Ted cruz?
That is the only thing I know about him.
>>
>>311477
Entirely correct. A DEMOCRAT lost by LESS THAN THREE PERCENT in TEXAS.

That officially makes Texas a Battleground State (less than 5% lead by either candidate).

Whether this was because Beto is that good or Cruz is that bad or some other third thing, who knows. But it's never happened before.
>>
Rick Scott suing his own state now.

I wasn't aware counting all the votes was fraud.
>>
>>311477
He inspires people like Obama and people even compared him to JFK. He managed to inspire a lot of non-voters to go to the polls in a state where it was assumed that he'd lose anyway. If he runs in 2020 as President he may very well do the same across the country. Losing in one of the reddest of states by only a few points looks really good for swing states. It also looks really good for down-ballot races.
>>
If you remember last year Jon Ossoff another person who gained a lot of national attention narrowly lost to a Republican in the special election for Georgia's 6th district. Well today that Republican lost to a Democrat

https://www.salon.com/2018/11/08/gop-congresswoman-who-beat-jon-ossoff-has-lost-to-gun-violence-activist_partner/
>>
>>311496
What exactly are his policies voting record or qualification?
>>
>>311501
He's served as a congressional rep from Texas (So Paso, I believe) for 5 years. Before that, special stuff. Politically, he's a newfag.

But if recent elections have taught us anything, that isn't a serious problem.
>>
>>311505
EL Paso. And LOCAL stuff, not 'special' stuff. Fuck off, autocorrect, Spanish is a language and you need to learn it.
>>
>>311501
He's against SuperPACs and PAC money in general. His entire campaign was funded through small dollar donations from supporters. He wants to increase funding for public schooling, and he supports a single payer healthcare system. He also believes we should enforce antitrust regulations against large businesses and the decriminalization or legalization of drugs.

To be honest I hadn't really been following his campaign because to me he's just a Senate candidate from Texas. I wasn't expecting anything he did to affect me personally.
>>
>>311509
*and supports the decriminalization or legalization of drugs.
>>
>>311509
>>311511
ALL drugs? I don't mind weed but heroin is genuinely dangerous.
>>
>>311519
He is for marijuana legalization but reduced criminal penalties for the other drugs. Sort of how Obama gave clemency to all those crack dealers with 30+ year sentences.
>>
>>311520
Given the hideous overincarceration we already practice, that's not a terrible idea.

I'd pair it up with a reform of prison based on reducing recidivism. Prison as a deterrent doesn't work.
>>
>>310017
Everybody knew the repubs would keep the senate you fucking retard. This was a win for the dems any way you look at it, you're just coping.
>>
>>311534
Don't reply to it, that's how it feeds.
>>
>>311530
Portugal did it and they were better for it.
>>
>>311467
Did you forget about that Bernie guy? The most popular politician in the country? The guy who would bend Trump over a table and fuck his fat orange ass?
>>
>>311519
Heroin is dangerous but a lot of the danger is that the only suppliers are drug dealers who cut it with other things and other drugs. If it was tightly regulated by government and sold by licensed suppliers it could be a more manageable problem. We should regulate these dangerously addictive drugs more like we do with alcohol and tobacco which are also dangerously addictive drugs.
>>
>>311543
Ehhh, disagree.

Weed is generally safe because the ratio of effective dose to lethal dose is in the area of .0017 or something like that. It is actually physically impossible to OD on pot if you're smoking it. LSD is another drug k. The same area - overdosing is basically not a thing.

Heroin is much MUCH lower, the ratio of effective to lethal is even worse than alcohol.

I'm sure it would be SAFER if properly regulated but it's still a powerful narcotic.
>>
>>311547
They need to work out the kinks in prialt
>>
>>311549
>must be injected directly into the cerebrospinal fluid
Ewwww yeah
>>
Pretty sure this has been stated multiple times in this thread already, but if anyone has forgotten...

>Democrats
>Not Facist
>>
>>310685
/news/ is basically for people who don't belong on 4chan, or don't understand 4chan. if you look at this thread, most of the idiots here don't know anything about 4chan culture or lingo
>>
>>310790
Indeed stop projecting that everyone who is smarter than you is from /pol/
>>
>>310996
>Who deserves to lead?
Me. Because I'm cute
>>
>>311351
>>311366
>>311370
>>311394
why does every left-wing person talks like a racist asshole thug?
>>
>>311577
Good thing those people don't exist.
>>
>>311576
>You have to suck off Trump and be alt right to be apart of 4chan and understand the cancerous culture they represent that bastardized the golden age of 4chan.
Hiya Reddit.

Also voter suppression by Republicans in Florida is confirmed.
https://twitter.com/PatrickMurphyFL/status/1060925571582971904
>>
>>311580
why does every Trump-fanboy think everyone who doesn't like Trump's shenanigans is an automatic leftist?
>>
>>311580
Since when is calling people dumb racist?
>>
>>311611
At this point in American history, dumb people may as well be a protected class.
>>
>>311612
That is - no lie - the subject of a Carlos Mencia sketch.

I want off this ride.
>>
>>311612
They are, they're called Republicans, have you seen how much they cry about being prosecuted for being white and christian?
>>
The military further turns on Trump and the Republicans for their latest attempts at voter suppression in Arizona, Georgia and Florida and calls their attempts at it a dishonor to those who sacrificed their lives protecting America.
https://twitter.com/votevets/status/1060931899823013889

Florida Department of Law Enforcement to Rick Scott: There no evidence of voter fraud now, and we're not going to help you try to steal this election
https://www.politico.com/states/florida/story/2018/11/09/after-scott-requested-investigation-law-enforcement-says-no-voter-fraud-allegations-found-690552
>>
Trump repeats Fox News Conspiracy theory that Fusion GPS is trying to steal the Florida election.

Also it looks like Tom MacArthur has gone down in New Jersey's 3rd. He gained national infamy for reviving the bill that would have destroyed Obama care and taken away health care from millions of America with the intention of leaving them to die, which led to this legendary exchange with one of his constituents.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrJUYkccCXg
>>
>>311645
The word is persecuted, not prosecuted. Although at the rate things are going, both might ring true.
>>
Republicans are in an all out blitz to steal the elections in Florida not only engaging in voter suppression, but justifying it by saying if they include the uncounted votes, that it's voter fraud and Fusion GPS and the Clintons are behind hit.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2018/11/09/florida-elections-accusations-fraud-possible-recount-rick-scott/1946971002/
>>
>>311701
>>311716
>>311670

Blatant shareblue
>>
>liberals literally found guilty in court for destroying votes in 2016
>Same people still in charge
>Surprised it became another shitshow
>>
>>311729
>>311726
full-on damage control, especially now that it's becoming clear that the election was actually a much bigger win for the Democrats than first believed
>>
>>311726
>Get website censored and banned only because it triggers you
>Still complains about it.
/pol/ is like Trump, disgustingly sore winners.
>>
>>311741
And as we're seeing from this election, sore losers as well.
>>
>>311741
>only because it triggers you
maybe it's banned because you posted it over a hundred times and openly boasted about spamming it everywhere
>>
>>311776
>stop posting news sites on a news board!
the butthurt of republicucks knows no bounds
>>
>>311780
>But it's not a news site!
I've yet to see them get caught creating fake news like sites /pol/ cites.
>>
>>311780
i'm sorry the mods decided that you couldn't proudly spam link walls to your favorite propaganda outlet

maybe you should take it up with them
>>
>>311783
According to this, you're wrong.
https://shareblue.com/the-gop-tried-to-destroy-health-care-and-voters-punished-them-for-it/
>>
>>311801
Start the clock
>>
>>311879
If I go down I'm taking you with me.
>>
>>>/tv/105861425

Who wants to bet that's not a "Scandinavian"?
>>
>>311982
/tv/ is probably the 3rd most /pol/-infested board behind /v/ and /pol/ itself. It's also filled with legitimate pedophiles instead of the harmless lolicons on /v/ and /a/.
>>
>>311986
Yeah it's a hellhole, and it's really fucking ironic that people on /tv/ of all places started pushing a conspiracy theory about James Gunn and co. being pedophiles considering the board they're from.

Also if anyone from here was responsible for the response to that post, thanks because I'm going to make use of it if I see people firing off the same talking point again. Seems an appropriate way to deal with people who repeat the same bullshit over and over.
>>
>>311986
Yeah it's a lollihole, and it's really fucking ironic that people on /tv/ of all places started pushing a conspiracy theory about James Gunn and co. being pedophiles considering the board they're from.

Also if anyone from here was responsible for the response to that post, thanks because I'm going to make use of it if I see people firing off the same talking point again. Seems an appropriate way to deal with people who repeat the same bullshit over and over.
>>
>>311812
>>311879
So, how did that turn out for you?
>>
Election update.
>Harley Rouda Declares Himself Winner Over Rep. Dana Rohrabacher

>Florida Recount: Uncounted Ballots Are Still Inside a Miami-Dade and Opa-locka Post Office facilities. Republicans sue to keep them from being counted.
>>
>>310044
>Reputable data
Anything from a clearly not biased sourced and fact checked.

>He wants to save face.
So you're saying he's putting his ego over the well being and national security of the country.
That's almost as bad as him actively committing treason if he's that petty. Also it doesn't explain why Trump is so submissive to Putin every step of the way. He again denied he was meeting with Putin in France. Meanwhile the Russians say there will be a meeting. The Russians' version has a 100% correct track record in regards to Trump.
https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1042755/Trump-news-putin-meeting-france-ww1-service-Paris

>Trump and his campaigns ties to Russia
https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/03/connections-trump-putin-russia-ties-chart-flynn-page-manafort-sessions-214868
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Links_between_Trump_associates_and_Russian_officials
Feel free to look into the sources of the wiki link of course.

Russians spearfished the Democrats, they then fed the information to wikileaks who then released the information they had. This is agreed upon. Also, your damage control that it was just a boast doesn't pass the smell test. Trump was very specific in calling for Russia to do it. And again, the timeline happens to put that speech right after his campaign meet with the Russians and the Russians stole the information from the Democrats. But before it was dumped to the public. Evidence builds up.
>>
HAPPENING!
>Andrew Guillen withdraws his concession, recount imminent.
>>
>>309929
>muh blue tsunami wave to just status quo
>>
>>312178
Take a look at this visualization of the swing the country took in 2018's election

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/11/07/us/politics/how-democrats-took-the-house.html

The overwhelming majority of districts swung to the left. It wasn't just swing districts or blue districts either. Even red districts went slightly purple. Only a few dozen districts swung to the right.

In down-ballot state level races some 350 Democratic candidates won against Republican candidates. Democrats picked up 7 Governorships, 5 state legislative chambers, and this has given them 7 new "trifectas" where they control all three elected bodies in a state. They also broke the super-majority in North Carolina so that the legislature cannot override the Governor anymore.

And all of this happened even though many of the House districts are gerrymandered to favor Republicans. You'd have to be either misinformed or stupid to not see this was a huge wave.
>>
>>312216
word and number salad written to make it look more meaningful than it is. it was no blue wave
>>
>>312220
>Northern Walk goes blue
>Texas falls 2.6% short of flipping, officially becoming a Battleground state
>literally one Senate seat gained in the milk at unfriendly map possible and even THAT is up for debate because lol Broward County
>3 more states enact gerrymandering reform
>House flipped
>250 state legislature seats flipped
>7 governor seats flipped

Eh, I'm happy.
>>
>>311226
Avanetti or Beto for the 2020 race?
Bernie will definitely assassinated this time
>>
>>311226
What's sad here is if Beto weren't so anti-Second Amendment he'd have won the state for sure.
>>
>>312220
Reminder that the right were the ones really pushing the phrase blue wave just so that they could downplay the results of the election when they lost. The majority of us on the left were very cautious because we knew the Senate was not gonna happen. And even then, look how that turned out.

Frankly you could very much call this a blue wave but you know what? Better the idiot righties keep thinking they won until it's too late.
>>
>>312274
>Reminder that the right were the ones really pushing the phrase blue wave just so that they could downplay the results of the election when they lost.
Yeah, it's really convenient that outlets like NPR, the New York Times, Vox, Slate, and Huffington Post all temporarily became right-wing when they predicted a Democratic wave just so you would be able to make this retarded argument when it didn't materialize.
>>
>>310566
You're big money telling Texans how to run their state.
>>
>>311245
>No, it really isn't the same, since you can't be purged from your right to drive without your knowledge

Actually you can. Had it happen to me and had no fucking clue until a cop happen to pull me over. Had been driving well over a month without knowing.

The government does not give a rats ass about notifying you on anything except jury duty and your taxes. Anything else is either unimportant or allows them to stick a fine on top when you finally do find out.
>>
>>312230
Beto. Avenatti's a fighter but he's an ambulance chaser...he feels like a mirror image of Trump.
>>
>>312274
Holy shit.
Imagine believing this, it's Alex Jones tier conspiracy theories for the left
>>
>>311701
Jesus, that speech. What a hero.
>>
>>312277
>>312321
Imagine being one governorship away from being able to rewrite the constitution, losing that opportunity by a massive margin, and then trying to downplay that as anything but an abject failure.
>>
>>312062
Hey retard, shut the fuck up.
>>
>>312216
Yup, I'm perfectly content with the results. Sure, I would've loved it if dems miraculously took the senate as well, and took even more seats in the house, but this is fine.
>>
>>312335
This had literally nothing to do with the first post it responded to.
>>
>Fascism

I wish, leftist tumblrites and redditors are so naive.
>>
>>309959
>>309956
No one genuinely believes in internet spirit bombs, you aspie
>>
>>312224
>>Texas falls 2.6% short of flipping, officially becoming a Battleground state
What is really ironic was before trump hispanics in the system were becoming more conservative.
>>
>>312372
*state*
>>
>>312107
>fact checked.
are you serious?
>>
>>312361
>I wish
And why do you wish, retard?
>>
There are some power shifts in play. Murdoch met with McConnell two nights ago, after hours. Murdoch owns both Fox News and WSJ.

Fox News stopped tweeting two days ago (supposedly because of Tucker being doxxed, but that seems insignificant.)

Fox News has a few less than glowing new stories running on Trump right now:

‘Trump takes heat over scrapped trip to cemetery in France.’

‘Trump urges people to evacuate, offers sympathies after earlier remark condemned as shameful attack.’

And the Wall Street Journal reported on his indictable crimes.

Murdoch actually has the power to cripple Trump psychologically, by withdrawing Fox support.

And Trump is scheduled to meet with Putin on this trip.
>>
>>312388
>Murdoch actually has the power to cripple Trump psychologically, by withdrawing Fox support.
that would be a bad business decision.
>>
>>312385
I like Fascism?
>>
>>312403
Well if fascist movements take hold in western countries then you can thank leftists for that, since their crusade against their own countrymen drives people towards the far-right
>>
>>312392
It would be uncharted territory where no one would know what would happen if Fox News turned on Trump because it's where Trump gets a majority of his information. Remember, a vast majority of the baseless shit Trump tweets about comes from Fox News.
If Fox were to clamp down on that, and start reporting stories that hold him accountable, that would further box in Trump. The question is, will the Fox News audience stay with Fox or will Trump's cult of personality going to cause them to migrate elsewhere if Trump openly attacks Fox.

>>312388
>Fox News stopped tweeting two days ago
Tucker pretending to the victim story crashed and burned because the story broke that either Tucker or his son are going to be charged with assault now over a fight they were involved in last month.
>>
>>312411
>where no one would know what would happen
Financially anyone with common sense knows what would happen.
>>
>>312418
You make it sound like Sinclair will supplant them overnight and Fox wouldn't find a good spin story for turning on Trump.

All they have to do is go back to 'RUSSIA BAD' and beat that into their viewers head for a few days.
>>
>Fascism faces a set back in America - Democrats win House
This is an oxymoron since it's the dems who are fascist.
>>
>>312318
>he feels like a mirror image of Trump
That is his Gimmick. I guess he's going after the people who are sick of Dems not doing anything in response to vitriol
>>
>>312447
>t. butthurt /pol/ppet.
>>
>>312230
Beto
Someone who could flip texas is the dems best hope .
>>
>>312254
Guns are the Democrat's illegal immigrants.
>>
>>312254
NRA's influence is weakening though where they lost ground in several states with the biggest defeat being in Washington which held the only ballot initiative on guns, where voters were asked to strengthen their gun laws by limiting access to assault weapons. It won, with 60 percent of the vote.

Also, at least Beto decided to stick to principles, because that's the only way you change people's mind since what he jump started was that demographic change that Democrats want in Texas and that doesn't happen unless you actually push for it and don't bend over to the other side.

Plus ted cruz is a national disgrace, it gives Democrats something to run against in future elections along with Trump.
>>
>>312409
Yeah, that describes my descent well, I used to be a leftist, I was indoctrinated by my mother from a young age.

Single mother, unsurprisingly.
>>
>>312477
I'm apprehensive about Beto, you need someone who's both charismatic, but you have to be able to throw down and launch good zingers or insults if you want to survive against Trump. Humor will be the most important weapon since Trump hates it when people mock him.
Gillum was great at that when he exposed DeSantos as the racist he was during he debate 'I'm not saying you're a racist, I'm just saying the racists think you're a racist'. The problem is Gilum is he's black so there's no way he'll win given how Trump has successfully weaponized the racists in America into a voter bloc again.

I'd see someone like Beto as a great VP pick though, but as for the person who runs in 2020, that's still wide open. But the Democrats can't afford to run a technocrate again. But there's no way in hell Avnatti gets the nomination, Democrats won't fall into the same trap Republicans did with Trump.
>>
>>312521
Sanders
Gabbard
Winfrey

Pick one.
>>
Fucking Ted Cruz lmao
>>
>>312490
>NRA's influence is weakening though
NRA =/= gun owners at large

>the biggest defeat being in Washington which held the only ballot initiative on guns where voters were asked to strengthen their gun laws by limiting access to assault weapons. It won, with 60 percent of the vote.
That's not saying much, washington is a heavily leftist state and "assault weapon" is a baseless buzzword for "scary black rifle" propagated by authoritarian ignorance.
>>
>>312529
>Damage control.
The NRA is gun owners when it comes to politics. They were give multiple set backs this week. Also their PR got worse when Trump's stooge in Tenn decided the first to say after the last mass shooting was say that guns were the real victim.

There's going to be a backlash sooner or later that will see gun rights rolled back because NRA refuses to compromise.
>>
>>312535
Man, it sucks being a moderate on guns. Seems like nobody agrees with me. I just want universal background checks, a more stringent testing process, and bans on mags that hold more than 15 rounds. I don't want to ban "assault weapons."
>>
>>312539
Actually what you want is what most Democrats are in favor of, simple common sense stuff that's not gun grabbing. The problem is Republicans and the war lobby want to have it so that everyone is armed so nothing is acceptable. 'SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED' they'll cry.
>>
>>312541
That and the massive propaganda campaign against otherwise reasonable Democrat measures to paint them as gun-grabbing second amendment haters.
>>
To date, House Democrats have now picked up a total of 30 seats, and it’s expected that they will pick up even more as the final votes are counted and the races are called. Cook Political Report’s House editor Dave Wasserman wrote Friday that the final result is likely to be “closer to 40 than 30,” which would be the largest gain in Democratic House seats since Watergate. Experts also said that if Democrats ran in a non gerrymandered board, they would have picked up at least 10 more seats.

Democrats also made huge strides at the state level. According to the Democratic Legislative Campaign Committee, 372 state legislative seats flipped from Republican to Democratic on Tuesday night, though some votes are still being counted. And come January, the majority of state attorneys general will be Democrats, which could prove crucial in future battles over everything from healthcare to voting rights.

On top of that, Democrats racked up victories in key gubernatorial races across the country, including many in the same states that propelled Trump to victory just two years ago. In Wisconsin, Democrat Tony Evers defeated incumbent Republican Gov. Scott Walker, handing Democrats a crucial win in a state that proved critical to Trump’s electoral college victory in 2016. Democrats also won the races for governor in Michigan and Pennsylvania — two other states that Trump won in 2016 — and flipped the Illinois governorship to blue.
>>
>>312541
That's all well and good, but the common sense stuff isn't going to do anything to prevent even the majority of these massacres. What are you going to do about the people with clean mental health records and standard capacity hand guns? Just sit on your hands?
>>
>>312539
>and bans on mags that hold more than 15 rounds.
I don't really agree with this because I'm a stickler for allowing the original standard magazines, like how most M1 Thompsons are designed to run 20-30 round magazines. It's weird when you have to frankenstein guns to force them to only accept lower capacity mags, or can't run a historic gun with its original magazine. If you want to limit these make them NFA items so you can tax them and limit their market availability (which is how most full autos are kept off the wide market).

>>312546
That's the real problem, isn't it? That most of the massacres are done with legal weapons that were purchased by guys before they snapped or had a criminal record. It's hard to say what can be done that wouldn't grossly infringe on the 2nd amendment, this lack of easy solution is why politicians stick to prefab talking points rather than trying to compromise on a solution (it's easier to claim you have the silver bullet and the other side is preventing you from using it).

The only things that I can think of is telling people to secure their guns at home, as I know a few of these shootings were done by kids who stole their parents' guns (plus it prevents various accidental gun deaths). Still that only covers a fraction of these cases, I can't think of anything else that isn't plain throwing money at the problem (hire a billion cops, etc).
>>
>>309929
faggot how about you learn politics yourself
>>
>>312546
>>312549
That's why we need a ban or heavy restrictions on guns like the AR-15 or any rifle that uses rounds like 5.56mm or .223. It's not the magazine size that's the biggest facto, but the rounds. A great story is a nurse who was treated victims of two shootings, one where the shooter used a pistol, the other where the shooter used an AR-15.
https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2018/02/what-i-saw-treating-the-victims-from-parkland-should-change-the-debate-on-guns/553937/

Mag size restriction is basically a stop gap because democrats know they can't outright ban certain types of guns at this point, so all they can do is minimize the amount of damage a shooter can do. Also, we've had an uptick in mass shooting deaths after Republicans allowed the Brady bill to expire, so there is a correlation.

And just because you can't stop all crimes, doesn't mean you don't still do it. It's basically what the Republicans were doing before Trump had them go full global warming denier again. 'We can't stop it, so why bother?' That's such a bullshit copout and you know it.
>>
>>312546
Those situations cannot be solved with gun reform. They must be solved indirectly, by, for example, reducing poverty.
>>312549
An NFA-regulated item needs to be sold through a registered dealer, and the transaction must be approved by the ATF, correct? I would approve that.
>>
>>312549
I remember some article on Tumblr about economic mobility being a bigger factor in reducing gun shootings and control laws being an almost nonfactor. I'll try to look for it, but I doubt I'll find it.
>>
>>312554

Ironic shitposting is still shitposting
>>
>>312554
>banning the AR-15 to prevent rare mass shootings
No gun rights supporter will fall for this. Might as well ban all firearms because handguns are used more than rifles in illegal activity.
Also, actually implementing nation-wide gun confiscations would be a nightmare. Imagine being that guy who has to go knock on doors and confiscate people's firearms.
>>
>>309929
>You can only pick one:
Be a democrat
Not be fucking retarded.
>>
>fascism

If only
>>
>>312585
Read the article i posted about the nurse who took care of gunshot victims from 2 different mass shootings, one was with hand gun, the other an AR-15. The 9mm rounds just traveled through the victims of the pistol shooting and they all recovered. The 5.56mm rounds from the AR-15 destroyed the insides of the victims to the point they couldn't be saved.
To spell it out for you, if the shooter at Parkland used a pistol and hit the victims in the exact same spot as he did with his AR-15, a lot more of them would have survived.
But please, be unreasonable and just wait for Democrats to gain enough of a majority where the liberal wing takes change where they do pass a bill that's your worse nightmare where they grab your guns.
And that Republican Supreme Court? They'll have packed it or decide to ignore them because Judicial Review is for suckers (According to our new AG)
>>
>>312641
Note by the way that this is an intentional design effect of the 5.56mm round. It's called hydrostatic shock.

When a bullet enters the body it slows down - energy is transmitted from the bullet to the target. A similar effect is observed in water. Low-velocity pistol rounds pass right through most targets, creating a wound channel. High-velocity rounds (5.56 and up, usually, though it is also noticeable in low-velocity hollowpoint rounds) transmit enough energy quickly enough that a shockwave is observed in the fluid of the target's body.

This shockwave destroys tissue, liquefying organs and muscles. The damage is significant enough that if a major organ is hit in this way the target is effectively doomed - a liver can survive a puncture, but not the majority of its tissue being pulverized.

Again, this is a design feature of high velocity ammunition. The military designed the 5.56 to maximize this effect while also minimizing recoil, allowing for controllable fire that would inflict maximum casualties on the enemy.

The exact same principles allow mass shooters to inflict maximum damage on their victims.
>>
>>312440
This is true. But it's like you said, we don't know which has the true power: Trump or Fox. Granted, people have been religiously watching Fox News for long before Trump came into power, but I've never seen a cult quite like Trump's, which makes me think they'd just been biding their time while looking for a Trump the whole time.

But I really hope it happens. I want to see it.
>>
>>312648
It's almost like bullets are meant to kill people.... Hmm...
>>
>>312657
Hmmmmmm. I wonder why the really really lethal ones are so easy to buy...
>>
>>312648
>>312657
And it's almost like certain bullets are more lethal than others and those types should be restricted or outlawed for everyone to own...
>>
>>312495
>You bullied me on the internet so I became a Nazi!
Never understood why people think this makes them look like the correct side.
>>
>>312684
Always makes me laugh honestly. I should start using it to troll right-wingers.
>i was a conservative, but /pol/ called me a nigger so now I'm a hardcore liberal!
I mean shit, how fragile are your beliefs?
>>
>>312674
At this point the rural anons will be extremely annoyed about hunting, but if you actually know your ammo, 5.56 and 7.62 are not great hunting rounds.

If I want to bust deer I'd probably invest in .243 or .308 winchester.

The only reason everyone likes 5.56 is because it's cheap.
>>
>>312690
They're terrible for hunting since you want as much of the dear intact since you're doing it for a trophy and/or meat and shredding its insides means you get neither.
>>
So from the looks of it Sinema is essentially a lock, but I'm hearing that even if there are enough votes for the Dems to win in Florida, there's a deadline so the votes may not be counted in time.

Anyone know if there's any possibility that the deadline could be extended?
>>
>>312697
>Deadline
>Implying Republicans won't do everything in their power to follow it to keep all the votes from counting.
How do you think they stole the 2000 election?
>>
>>312698
Well IIRC Gore conceded that one and didn't withdraw his concession so I think this is a different story.
>>
>>312641
I am familiar with the article.

>9mm rounds just traveled through the victims
AR-15 rounds are logically much likelier to penetrate through targets than pistol rounds, due to the much higher velocity the projectile has.
You are being unreasonable if you think very rare mass shootings should result in nobody owning rifles that are very useful for home defense and hunting.
>inb4 this calibre is only effective for killing humans, not deer!

And I'll just repeat that it would be a nightmare to try disarm the american population, which is clearly the intention of your fantasy. Nobody with any sense will just throw away his subordinates' lives trying to implement this unconstitutional scheme. You don't think people would just roll over and accept this, right?
>>
>>312705
Gore withdrew his concession until a recount was done. The Supreme Court halted the recount and declared Bush the winner. The margin for winning before the SC halted the recount was close enough that the uncounted votes could have tipped it either way.

The "Butterfly ballot" that Palm Beach used made it somewhat difficult for people to know what box corresponds to what candidate and many people may have mistakenly punched out the box for Pat Buchanan thinking it was either Bush or Gore

https://www.britannica.com/event/Bush-v-Gore
>>
>>312705
He withdrew his concession, but Republicans went all in on sabotaging the recounting which included them assaulting election workers until the Republican controlled Supreme Court halted the recount when it was clear that Gore would take the lead.
People seem to forget how scummy and corrupt GW Bush was just because of how much more overtly criminal Trump is.
Ironically Whitman was a hatchet man for the Bush admin and engaged in actual witch hunts as his Justice Department targeted Democrats
>>
>>312724
>You don't think people would just roll over and accept this, right?
If history in America is any indication, that's exactly what they'll do.
>>
>>312684
I just said that it was my mother though.
>>
>>312724
>You are being unreasonable
Stopping mass killings by banning the thing that is designed only for mass killing is extremely reasonable. The only unreasonable people are those who want to keep a device only designed for mass killing legal and unregulated.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.