[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/news/ - Current News

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 96 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

The 4chan Vtuber Competition is over. Click here to see the winning entry!

File: AP_18311706336356.jpg (491 KB, 1068x712)
491 KB
491 KB JPG
>The White House severely escalated its war on the free press Wednesday.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/11/07/white-house-jim-acosta-credential-973702

The White House has revoked CNN reporter Jim Acosta’s press access after a contentious moment in a news conference by President Donald Trump, White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said Wednesday night. The reasons Sanders gave for pulling Acosta’s press pass were clearly fabricated.

She claimed in a statement that Acosta placed “his hands on a young woman just trying to do her job as a White House intern,” which resulted in the decision to suspend Acosta’s access to the White House until further notice. Video replays of the interaction showed that this was clearly not the case.

“The fact that CNN is proud of the way their employee behaved is not only disgusting, it is an example of their outrageous disregard for everyone, including young women, who work in this Administration,” Sanders said in a statement to the White House press pool. “As a result of today’s incident, the White House is suspending the hard pass of the reporter involved until further notice.”

Later in the evening, Sanders tweeted a video that included an NFL-instant-replay-like zoomed-in version of the incident, saying that the White House stood by its earlier decision.

As president, Trump has launched an unprecedented war against journalists, frequently deriding “the fake news media“ and especially CNN. Acosta, who has gained notoriety for his sparring sessions with the president, has been perhaps his favorite target. The decision to pull his pass, however, marked a new escalation.

In Wednesday‘s news conference earlier in the day, Trump grew increasingly irritated with Acosta’s persistent questioning. At one point, the president called Acosta a “rude, terrible person” who “shouldn’t be working for CNN.”
>>
“Honestly, you should let me the run country, you should run CNN, and if you did it well, your ratings would be much better,” Trump said.

Video from the event shows a press assistant then reaching to grab the microphone away from Acosta, who pulls back and continues trying to ask Trump a question about the Russia investigation. The president then walked away from his lectern while the woman grabbed the mic and gave it to another reporter.
https://twitter.com/politico/status/1060228692469800960

It is clear from the video that Acosta did not make any inappropriate actions against the assistant.

In a statement Wednesday night, CNN said that it stood behind its reporter and that the move by the White House was an “unprecedented decision and threat to our democracy.”

“The White House announced tonight that it has revoked the press pass of CNN white house chief correspondent Jim Acosta, it was done in retaliation for his challenging questions at today‘s press conference,” the network’s statement reads. “Press Secretary Sarah Sanders lied. She provided fraudulent accusations and cited an incident that never happened. This unprecedented decision is a threat to our democracy and the country deserves better. Jim Acosta has our full support.”

White House Correspondents’ Association president Olivier Knox also issued a statement, saying that his group “strongly objects to the Trump Administration‘s decision to use US Secret Service security credentials as a tool to punish a reporter with whom it has a difficult relationship. Revoking access to the White House complex is a reaction out of line to the purported offense and is unacceptable.”

Knox added, “We urge the White House to immediately reverse this weak and misguided action.”

Earlier in the day, CNN had derailed its coverage of the midterm elections to hold panel discussions of the fireworks at Trump’s news conference.
>>
ut after the news that Acosta’s hard pass had been revoked, the network stuck largely to its coverage of Trump’s ouster of Attorney General Jeff Sessions. Many have criticized media outlets for allowing Trump to play assignment editor for them, and in this case, at least, CNN seemed determined not to take his bait.

Only briefly at the end of Anderson Cooper’s program on Wednesday night, Acosta appeared alongside the host to address the matter.

The CNN reporter said he tried to act professionally during the exchange with the president but that the decision to pull his press pass was about sending a message to his peers in the room.

“This is a test for all of us,” Acosta said. “I do think they’re trying to shut us down to some extent inside the White House press corps. And to some extent, I think they’re trying to send a message to our colleagues.”

On Twitter, support rolled in for Acosta, even from those who have objected to his sometimes confrontational and attention-grabbing style of questioning.

“Plenty to criticize Acosta about, but he did not ‘place his hands’ on the intern," tweeted Chuck Ross, a reporter at The Daily Caller, a conservative site. “It’s ridiculous for anyone to suggest he did. And after Trump joked about Gianforte bodyslamming Ben Jacobs the White House can’t bust out the fainting couch now.”

At a political rally last month, the president recalled the episode last year when Rep. Greg Gianforte (R-Mont.) assaulted a reporter from The Guardian, telling the crowd, “Any guy who can do a body slam is my kind of guy.”

Reuters White House correspondent Jeff Mason, himself a past president of the White House Correspondents’ Association, said he was next to Acosta during the entire news conference Wednesday and did not witness Acosta placing his hands on the intern, as Sanders claimed.
>>
“I was seated next to @Acosta at today’s press conference and did not witness him ‘placing his hands’ on the young intern, as the White House alleges,” Mason wrote on Twitter. “He held on to the microphone as she reached for it. The @Reuters pictures below depict what happened accurately.”

Responding to the allegations on Twitter, Acosta called them a “lie” and posted a video that he said was of a Secret Service officer asking him to hand over his pass and preventing him from entering the White House grounds for a live shot on Wednesday evening.

Peter Baker, The New York Times’ chief White House correspondent, said he had never seen anything like this happen in the more than two decades he’s written about the West Wing.

“This is something I’ve never seen since I started covering the White House in 1996,” Baker wrote on Twitter. “Other presidents did not fear tough questioning.”

It is relatively rare for former White House press secretaries to openly criticize the incumbent, but former spokesman Joe Lockhart, who worked in the Bill Clinton administration, tweeted: “The ‘hard pass’ that WH reporters are used as a security tool for the WH. Reporters who are vetted are allowed access that most reporters don’t have. Those passes are not designed as a tool to pick the reporters you like or punish those you don’t. This is an abuse of power.”

However, Ari Fleischer, who served as press secretary under President George W. Bush, defended the decision. “As a former Press Secretary from a White House that operated very differently than the Trump White House, I am inclined to give reporters a lot of latitude,” he wrote in an email to POLITICO. “But I cannot defend Jim Acosta’s behavior. He doesn’t just ask questions. He takes stands, which emphatically is not the job of a White House reporter.”
>>
>>310671
Woah cool it with the misogyny. Listen and believe! By denying this incident of harrassment you are fueling the oppression of women with your toxic masculinity! Rape apologists like you should be castrated for the safety of the vulnerable women!
>>
This is not the first time Trump has played with press access. In July, the White House barred CNN reporter Kaitlan Collins from covering an event after it took issue with questions she asked during an Oval Office photo op, but her credentials were not revoked. A so-called hard pass is the badge that allows regular White House reporters to swipe in and access the grounds.

During his run for president, Trump’s campaign also pulled several repoters’ press badges, including some from The New York Times, The Washington Post, BuzzFeed and POLITICO. As a candidate, Trump promised not to bar reporters from the White House briefing room if he became president, saying at the time that “it’s a different thing.”

It’s unclear whether Acosta could gain access to the White House grounds on another basis since both daily and weekly media passes are available, but they have to be requested on a regular basis. The White House did not immediately reply to questions asking whether Acosta would be allowed in on these types of passes.

----
tl;dr Trump got butthurt that Jim Acosta was doing his job, had one of his interns try to wrestle the mike away from him, then walked away from the podium. Later the the White House bans Acosta under false charges that he assaulted the intern when video evidence shows that's a lie.
>>
>>310675
There's nothing more baffling than a trumpanzee trying to be facetious.
>>
Reminder that Acosta screamed profanities at Kim Jong Un and tried to derail Trumps big North Korea US summit.
He should have had his head bashed in and sent to Guantanamo right then.
He is a subversive communist agitator.
>>
Acosta is an arrogant jackass. Did you actually see how he acted and how he treated that poor woman trying to do her job. He is the fake news. CNN should be ashamed of his behavior. He doesn’t have to agree with the president but he does need to show respect for our president. When asked to pass the mic he should have graciously done so.
>>
>>310684
Every reporter was allowed to ask two questions if you watched the press conference , Trump had no right to shut down the Acosta like that, slander him and continue to wage his war on free press and Consitution, it was a clear attack on the 1st amendment and our very way of life.
>>
>>310688
Actually most reporters get zero questions because there are too many of them in the room.
>>
Acosta is a jack ass in general, but the claims by the White House is pure bullshit. Really shouldn't be defending politicians making obviously bullshit claims whatever side they're on.
>>
>>310692
The ones that did get to ask questions were allowed one and a follow up, terrible attempt at back tracking. Feel free to mince the words in damage control though.

>>310693
/pol/ppet detected
>>
>>310696
And from this day on acosta will also get zero questions, just like all the others. So what's the problem.
>>
>>310682
Pretty horrible what Acosta did. It's low even for a jew like him.
>>
Acosta deserves to have his head chopped off.
>>
>>310681
Are you trying to downplay violence against women? Disgusting incel.
>>
>>310703
But officer, women like violence. It gets them wet.
>>
>>310675
>>310703
>Woah cool it with the misogyny. Listen and believe!
I have watched and listened and he does nothing wrong to that woman.
>>
>>310697
>all the others
Clearly you can't read and follow a conversation. The problem is explained in the OP.
>>
>>310718
Acosta assaulted a woman. It's his fault.
>>
>>310714
Incel.
>>
>>310671
>Guy talks over time
>An aide requests his microphone and tries to take it.
>Shoves her away
>OH MY GOD THAT POOR JOURNALIST THE FIRST AMENDMENT IS UNDER ATTACK FREEDOM OF SPEECH IS DEAD WE'RE GOING TO BE PUT INTO CAMPS
Maybe he should have hit her with a bike lock if he really didn't want to suffer any consequences.
>>
>>310671
Good, i would have banned Acosta too after the stunt he pulled at the press meeting.
CNN can get someone else who is more respectful and doesn't try to keep the microphone and grandstand
>>
>>310682
Mostly this.
The guy doesn't need to be coming to press events if he wants to derail and disrupt them
>>
>>310721
Not an argument.
>>
>>310724
>>Shoves her away
timestamps in the video, please ?
>>
>>310731
>Good, i would have banned Acosta too after the stunt he pulled at the press meeting.
what did he do wrong ?
>CNN can get someone else who is more respectful and doesn't try to keep the microphone and grandstand
that didn't happens.
>>
>>310719
>Acosta assaulted a woman.
Source ?
>>
>>310737
He didn't, as can be observed in video.

It's disgusting how people on both sides purposefully push false things in order to "beat" the other side. In this case, it's a bit worse because it's coming straight from the white house.
>>
>>310741
Acosta karate chopped her arm in a vicious and angry attack. She immediately recoils and holds her arm in pain.
>>
>>310736
Lol it absolutely did happen, watch the video faggot
>>
>>310750
I have. none of that is happening. Tell the timestamp at which it happens.
>>
>>310751
09:11
>>
>>310752
The video in the OP article is only 3 minutes long.
>>
>>310736
>that didn't happens
https://youtu.be/MvfqUMg10u
01:06 you literal retard
>>
>>310757
>video blocked
That isn't helping.
>>
>>310760
I can't help you with that one.
Just go to YouTube and search for
Jim Acosta Nov 7
And you should find a copy of it
>>
>>310761
>I can't help you with that one.
There is a video in the link provided by OP. Tell me there, I am not seeing him doing anything wrong to the intern.
>>
>>310762
You won't. The White house released one justifying their actions; it was doctored.
>>
>>310671
How about Acuntsa is out of line and rather than ask a real question designed to provide the American people with information, he intentionally attempts to bait the Pres in an attempt to not be irrelevant.... at which he fails
>>
>>310783
Make the president face his words when he straight up lie and misdirect people is always relevant.
>>
>>310769
So the White House released a doctored video that smears Acosta.
Got it.
>>
>>310671
It's not a bogus accusation. Everyone could see how that reporter got physical with that girl. And then he just kept insisting, going on asking his question.

Even if you are against Trump, no other president would have put up with it. The president is the president after all, even if his reaction was not exactly serene.

But how would Obama have reacted, do you think? Do you remember when he chided a reporter, saying "you are in MY house"? And how would Bush or Clinton have reacted?
>>
>>310671
>The reasons Sanders gave for pulling Acosta’s press pass were clearly fabricated.
Nothing fabricated about it. He used his hand to push her away.
>>
>>310805
>Everyone could see how that reporter got physical with that girl.
Everyone has seen he wasn't.
>>310806
False.
>>
>>310684
I was watching the TV news, I saw it. He was using his arm and hand to keep the girl away, and keep her from taking the mic. He clearly crossed a line there. This is not professional behavior.And after Trump told him (ungraciously it is true) to stop, he should just have shut up. It is always possible to comment Trump's refusal to answer later.

Acosta's attitude showed a real lack of respect of the POTUS.
>>
>>310703
>Are you trying to downplay violence against women? Disgusting incel.
He wasn't actually violent, but his gesture came close to it. He simply should not have touched her at all.
>>
>>310815
I disagree!
>>
>>310817
Maybe she shouldn't have tried to rip the fucking mic out of his hands.
>>
>>310734
Sorry man, you will never get laid.
>>
>>310811
I have seen it myself on the TV news journal. I have seen him extend his arm and keep the girl away with his hand.

I am saying it again: I have seen it. It was on a Dutch TV channel, a few hours ago.
>>
Acostoa was in the wrong, not only for his attitude but also his general way to use questions to try and incite a debate. With that being said, the President of the FUCKING united states should aspire himself to be of a higher virtue then being the bully on the playground.
>>
>multiple people all claiming to have witnessed Acosta being a violent dumbass
>handful of r/politics drones either excusing his violent behavior or trying to cover it up by shoving a doctored video and politico propaganda in front of people as if multiple un-doctored versions don't exist
>>
>>310732
>The guy doesn't need to be coming to press events if he wants to derail and disrupt them
I guess banning him from press events is just common sense as he obviously is intent on keeping disrupting them.
>>
I've seen the video (not the doctored Sanders one) a few times, and it's made me wonder if this was staged in some way. The intern keeps looking back at Trump for some kind of validation. She also didn't try to grab the mic from anyone else, even when they asked multiple questions.
I wonder why Trump chose Acosta in the first place to ask a question, he hates him and CNN
>>
>>310735
>timestamps in the video, please ?
He did shove her away.
>>
I hope Acosta is charged with rape. What he did is totally unacceptable.
WHAT THE HELL WAS HE THINKING
>>
>>310805
Who got physical? The girl.
>>
>>310829
as a woman I couldn't agree more
>>
>>310829
>>310831
Shoo shoo trolls, go away
>>
>>310832
Why do you hate women?
>>
>>310671
>Trump's war on 1st Amendment continues
Access to the president is a privilege, not a right.
If some titanic fucking retard keeps stirring shit in your house every time you invite him over, what do you do?
>>
>>310835
lollolloloololoollolo epic
>>
>>310822
>I have seen him extend his arm and keep the girl away with his hand.
So preventing people from approaching you is violence ?
> I have seen it. It was on a Dutch TV channel, a few hours ago.
Video, please ?
>>
>>310824
>Acostoa was in the wrong, not only for his attitude but also his general way to use questions to try and incite a debate
Demanding the PResident to explain himslef on the falsehood he say is not worng.
>>
Acosta should have arrested on the spot and dragged out by has hair. Totally unacceptable behavior.
>>
>>310849
>implying some cunty faggot gets to make demands of the president
>>
>>310847
Fucking Trumptards using the Tumblr defense.
>stop invading my personal space
>ASSAULT! MICROAGGRESSION! HE TOUCHED ME!
>>
>>310856
it was rape you idiot, no matter how you cut it
>>
The rest of the media should follow Acosta's example and press Trump on every question until he answers or walks away. They've been letting him weasel out of answering questions for too long.
>>
>>310869
This. And for that matter Acosta should sue.
>>
I used to think Trump's gaslighting attempts were so laughably transparent hat no one could be stupid enough to fall for them, then I see threads like this.

Half of your country is legitimately brainwashed, Americans.
>>
>>310856
>Fucking Trumptards using the Tumblr defense
The problem is, they are not even doing it good.
>>
>>310671
I watched this. Watched it live.
I had no idea they would spin it into this.
Cuckservatives BTFO
>>
>>310805
>Even if you are against Trump, no other president would have put up with it.
I wonder why
It couldn't be the precedent for lying and doing whatever the fuck you want, that's outrageous.
>>
>>310805
>But how would Obama have reacted, do you think?
We KNOW how he'd react, because he got heckled at a rally the other night.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/politics/2018/11/03/obama-rips-hecklers-why-are-people-who-won-last-election-so-mad-all-time/

He waited, silently, for them to be ESCORTED out, and then wondered aloud why the people who won the 2016 election are so continuously mad. A question which was not on his teleprompter I will add.
>>
>>310682
>He should have had his head bashed in and sent to Guantanamo right then.
>He is a subversive communist agitator.
Sounds good. So surely Trump should go as well considering the nasty things he's said about Kim Jong Un, right?
>>
>>310839
>If some titanic fucking retard keeps stirring shit in your house every time you invite him over, what do you do?
That's exactly what's happening. A titanic fucking retard is stirring shit in the United States, but people keep defending him.
>>
>>310762
i never said he did anything wrong to the intern you literal retard, learn to read.
here is my quote so you can read it again:
>>310731
>Good, i would have banned Acosta too after the stunt he pulled at the press meeting.
>CNN can get someone else who is more respectful and doesn't try to keep the microphone and grandstand
>>
>>310671
This "man" is such a huge child.
>NOBODY BETTER SAY ANY BAD WORDS ABOUT MEEEE
He acts exactly like my obnoxious, spoiled little cousin. Scold him for even the littlest thing and he will never speak to you again. This is the mark of a spoiled brat. But in this case, the president is actually proud of it, and his retarded supporters claim this makes him a big strong man. What a joke. It would be funny if it weren't so pathetic.
>>
this man cant stop winning
>>
To all the right wingers in the thread trying to claim Acosta did something and say watch the video. It was actually a forgery created by infowars. This is how desperate the White House is.
https://www.vox.com/2018/11/8/18074966/sarah-sanders-infowars-cnn-jim-acosta-banned
>>
>>310942
you seem to have misspelled "whining"
you meant to say "this man cant stop whining"
>>
you seem to have placed a giant penis in your mouth and tried to speak
you ended up just sounding like a dick
>>
>>310943
yeah i did claim he did something.
i claimed he was disrespectful during a professional event and he was grandstanding.
Im glad CNN has to find a replacement for him, he lowered the quality of these things by yelling obscenities at foreign leaders and whatnot
>>
Also another Trump supporter arrested for making terrorist threats to CNN and Democrats.
https://www.axios.com/man-arrested-for-threatening-calls-to-cnn-a17a41df-53da-4478-ae55-7efd06dc1b0f.html
>>
Also more terrorist activity from the left as anti-fa block off the street to a Fox News Anchor's house, and people attack his house while hes at work; his wife hides in the pantry scared for her life and dials 911 as terrorists break windows and smash in doors
https://www.google.com/search?q=tucker+carlson+house+attacked
>>
>>310684
>He doesn’t have to agree with the president but he does need to show respect for our president.
What's funny about this is Trump was incredibly disrespectful to Obama when Obama was president.
>>
>>310957
Not to mention Obama got mountains of disrespect from the right. He remains the only POTUS in living memory to get heckled during his STATE OF THE UNION ADDRESS.
>>
President thin-skin..
>>
>>310671
>citing Politico
>ever
That "reporter" was a complete asshole and an abusive cunt that wasn't "reporting" anything. He was acting like an ass who thought he was better than the President of the United States.

Fuck him and everyone like him, the traitorous cunts.
>>
>>310989
cringe
>>
>>310978
>Complaining about politico when it's a right leaning publication.
No pleasing the right wing.

Also it seems like the Reich wing's entire argument against Acosta is either.
>Citing that fake inforwars video saying he assaulted the intern. So the entire foundation of that argument is lies
>Acosta was a big old meanie to poor Trump, which proves Trump is a thin skinned pussy.
>>
>>311003
How is the video fake? It's the same as the C-SPAN footage except it zooms in on his arms for emphasis.
Is zooming in making videos fake now?
>>
>>310978
>Fuck him and everyone like him, the traitorous cunts.
So therefore Trump was a traitor during Obama's presidency, since he constantly called out, questioned, and insulted Obama. Got it.
>>
>>310943
https://youtu.be/DeU7JKo8bQY
Where's the editing?
>>
>>311008
>How is the video fake? It's the same as the C-SPAN footage except it zooms in on his arms for emphasis.
It's not. There was quite a bit more editing than simply zooming in.

https://www.vox.com/2018/11/8/18074966/sarah-sanders-infowars-cnn-jim-acosta-banned
>>
>>311011
It's done like a Scorsese film. Certain actions are sped up and others slowed down. Also there is audio tampering.
>>
how dare this bitch just yank mics from people's hands when they're legitimately asking questions like they are supposed to. acosta wasn't doing anything wrong. on the other hand what this bitch is doing is a blatant act of censorship. fuck all these fags and especially trump for even thinking this was ok to do in the first instance
>>
>>311020
This.
>>
>>311008
>>311011
>How is it fake?
Compare the original to what Sarah Sanders posted. This is a good break down of the doctored video and the original
>Our system thinks your post is spam. Please reformat and try again.
Fine we do this the hard way. Follow the link in >>311012 for the video and consider the following
https://twitter.com/rafaelshimunov/status/1060450557817708544

1. PrisonPlanet tweets out edited video which appears to show Jim Acosta karate-chopping an intern.

2. Sanders uses the same video for her tweet

3. Aymann Ismail (an actually reporter) shows it to be edited from the original.

4. PrisonPlanet blames DailyWire for the video

5. Sanders silent over the the fact she posted an edited video as evidence for banning Acosta
>>
>>311012
>>311017
https://youtu.be/aXZ2jRZMLrg
Where's the editing?
>>
>>311023
I literally just told you. Infowars messes with the frame rate when the intern comes up to grab the mic. They also removed the audio where he says 'pardon me', which is immediately afterward.
>>
>>311023
See footage where they overlap both videos and it's clear Sanders slowed down the intern grabbing the mic and speed up Acosta to make it look like he was doing a karate chop motion.

This would be a massive scandal for any other White House where they used doctored footage to defame a reporter.
But to Trump? It's just Thursday.
>>
>>311020
nice bait
Trump made it very clear that he will hear the next reporter, why shouldn't the bitch get the microphone from him?
>>
>>311030
They have more than one microhpone.
>>
>>311023
>https://youtu.be/aXZ2jRZMLrg
they both look exactly the same
i watched several times trying to catch it but shit, they are the same
the comments in youtube say the same thing
>>
>>311051
There are 3 edits.

The intern moving to take the Mic is slowed down.

Acosta's own movement immediately after is sped up.

And the audio of 'pardon me' has been cut.
>>
>>311051
It's a very slight edit, but it's definitely there.
>>
>>311051
see >>311025
This video make an overlap of the two, you see they are not perfectly in sync. alternatively, if your screen is small enough, you can cross-eye to make it overlap and see for yourself.
>>
>>310839
>>Trump's war on 1st Amendment continues
>Access to the president is a privilege, not a right.

exactly. JA still has the freedom to say whatever he likes. JA never had the freedom of unfettered access to the whitehouse.

This is NOT a first amendment issue. The snowflakes need to take a step back.
>>
Jim Acosta is the real winner here. To the casual observer, Trump's childish tantrum afterwards, Sander's fake video sharing and the revoked pass all make JA look far more professional than the POTUS. Not that trump has ever set that bar very high.
>>
>>311068
You're right, Trump should stop being a snowflake
>>
>>311129
This, Trump can't ban reporters because they hurt his fee fees.
Freedom of the press is enshrined in the Constitution, not Trump's snowflake feelings

Also, the rest of the media is piling on Sanders for her sharing of the forged video to slime Acosta.
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/415673-reporters-accuse-sarah-sanders-of-sharing-edited-video-of-acosta-aide
>>
Acosta should be charged with attempted thief of federal property and the obstruction of a federal agent in her duties.

They have the video, they will have to prosecute. 20 years to life.
>>
>>310828
he didnt touch her at all. provide a video and timestamp of exactly what youre talking about or shut the fuck up
>>
She was brutalized.
>>
>>310825
>violent
what was violent about it? all he did was hold onto a microphone while someone was invading his personal space
>>
>>310853
>why should the president have to answer for his actions?
>journalists shouldnt be able to question their leader at all
>>
politico is now undeniably biased, fake news and can no longer be taken seriously after posting this factually incorrect opinion piece
>>
i claimed he was disrespectful during a professional event and he was grandstanding.
Im glad CNN has to find a replacement for him, he lowered the quality of these things by yelling obscenities at foreign leaders and whatnot
>>
>>311152
This. Acosta literally raped her in front of everyone, I saw it with my own eyes.
>>
>>311159
Reporting the news is now "fake news". Understood.
>>
>>311173
Took you this long to figure that one out?
>>
>>311173
this isn't news though, the entire premise of the article is factually incorrect as is the OP, and was either purposefully written that way or was written by an incredibly dull person without the capacity to objectively look at reality
>>
Itd be hilarious if it wasnt so damaging to the country how trumptards cry free speech when they want to say nigger on twitter (which obviously isnt a government entity and doesnt apply), but when theres actual action against freedom of the press and freedom of speech they go full defense mode for trump
>>
>>311193
>actual action against freedom of the press and freedom of speech
i was someone elses turn to ask a question
>>
>>311192
>Trump White House shuts down reporter from asking questions to the president
That's an attack on the first amendment and the free press
>They then create a false accusation and ban him for it.
That's an attack on the first amendment and a direct assault on the free press
>The accusation is a doctored video that anyone with any knowledge in video evidence could figure out is a fake.
That's next level shitting on the Consitution

The only people who find it factually incorrect are shills for Trump who can't handle the truth that they were shilling a doctored video.
Deal with it.
>>
>>311195
everyone else asking questions was allotted 2, why would his have been different? only because Trump got upset over what was being asked
>>
>>311200
This, notice how Trump threw a hissy fit and then when Acosta didn't back down, he walked away from the podium sulking until the mic went to another reporter?
>>
>>311196
>That's an attack on the first amendment and the free press
jim acosta doesnt have a legal right to ask as many questions as he wants at once
>They then create a false accusation and ban him for it
>The accusation is a doctored video that anyone with any knowledge in video evidence could figure out is a fake.
this is actually not true and damage control. the fact that you are posting that its true tells me you are either lying, retarded, or havent actually seen the footage
>>311200
because its a privilege, not a right. people are under the wrong impression that it was jim acosta's legal right to stand there and ask 2 questions uninterrupted.
>>
>>311206
>jim acosta doesnt have a legal right to ask as many questions as he wants at once
He had the right to ask two questions because that was what every other reporter was given.
>this is actually not true
Explain the Press Secretary posting on her official twitter account the doctored video with
>We stand by our decision to revoke this individual’s hard pass. We will not tolerate the inappropriate behavior clearly documented in this video.
This is either a really pathetic attempt at damage control or overt gas lighting on your part.

Also the free press is a right, not a privilege, notice how the 1st amendment is part of what's called The Bill of Rights.
>>
>>311206
You clearly haven't seen the real video because it was clearly forged.
>>
>>311212
>He had the right to ask two questions because that was what every other reporter was given.
that doesn't make something your legal right. are you stupid?
>>311213
this is the most retarded thing i have ever seen. not only is the source of the doctored video claim blatantly biased and unhinged based on his twitter posts, but the entire premise of it being faked relies on a blurry arm video artifact that could equally explain that hillary clinton and justin bieber are lizard people. also, this is the first time i've seen this version of the video, and it looks no different to the other version i've seen. this is tantamount to public hysteria. you are no different to paranoid /pol/ppets.
>>
>>311216
>You're no different than /pol/ppets
/pol/ppet detected
The fact you can't refute the empirical evidence that has been presented and have to resort to attacking the source, only weakens your position further.
But please, continue to try and suppress free speech and censoring sources that discredit your world view.
>>
>>311219
>empirical evidence
where? he doctored the video himself to show where the supposed doctoring took place. 'he' is also just some guy on twitter. 'he' is obviously quite fanatical about politics if you read his twitter. this isn't actually empirical evidence, you just desperately want it to be. its pathetic really, wanting to believe something so badly that you take a doctored video posted on twitter as proof that the white house doctored a video. like i said, i saw the 'original footage', and this 'doctored' version isn't any better or worse. i have seen the 'worse' version of the video and still believe what i saw in the 'better' version. jim acosta was trying to argue with trump, and when a staffer tried to take the microphone away, he pushed her arm away in a particularly aggressive manner. it's you who has drank the koolaid and believed the damage control
>>
>>311228
>you take a doctored video posted on twitter
You realize the video has been reviewed by more than just some guy on Twitter, right? The original video and the one that was pulled from infowars are different, that's confirmed.
>>
>>311235
>The original video and the one that was pulled from infowars are different, that's confirmed.
does this mean the white house are guilty of doctoring videos? besides, i've seen the original footage, and its just as bad. this is some excellent damage control, shifting the focus away from what happened and onto a twitter conspiracy theory. the fact remains that acosta was rude, aggressive, and sexist towards the white house staffer and the president
>>
/pol/tards trying to spin this are pathetic.
>>
>>311240
>does this mean the white house are guilty of doctoring videos?
More like guilty of sharing doctored videos. Whether they did so intentionally or ignorantly, I don't know.

>this is some excellent damage control, shifting the focus away from what happened
If the White House is intentionally sharing doctored videos then that's a pretty big deal. Even if it was an accident, that's extremely careless.

>the fact remains that acosta was rude, aggressive, and sexist towards the white house staffer and the president
Rude and aggressive maybe, although as usual, Trump was doing his part. Where was the sexism though? Getting his arm bumped by an aide aggressively trying to take the mic away is sexist? Wouldn't that make her sexist for being aggressive with him?
>>
>>311243
Also what gets cut from the forgery is Acosta tells the intern 'pardon me'. As in the audio was intentionally cut so you don't hear it. It's extremely obvious this was meant to be a smear job.

To make it further damaging for the White House, they shared the forgery only 2 hours after it was originally uploaded. Meaning they're using Infowars as a source for information even though it's been banned from just about everywhere for lies and hate speech.
>>
>>311243
>doctored
why is it even doctored? there could be a whole range of reason for why there are differences in the videos. its not even a noticeable difference unless you specifically know what you are looking for or its highlighted in an actual doctored video. it also doesn't change anything about what happened. also, jim pushing the woman away is a reflection of his deep seated sexism and how he believes that as a man he has the right to physically dominate a woman
>>
>>311247
>jim pushing the woman away is a reflection of his deep seated sexism and how he believes that as a man he has the right to physically dominate a woman
is this some sort of "what's good for the right is good for the left" parody assessment or are there people who actually believe this
>>
>>311247
It's doctored because they wanted to smear Acosta by making it look like he assaulted the intern after he triggered Trump with his questions in order to justify banning him.
But like everything else Trump does, intelligent people saw through the lies.
>>
>>311249
actually, the 'doctored' version is just like that because of video compression and artifacts caused by uploading it to a website
>>
>>311257
Yeah this.
If the difference is so minor that it requires slowing it to 1/5 normal time and watching it several times in order to see any difference at all, then I'm going to chalk that one up to something besides a psyop
>>
So in less than 24 hours, they've gone from it didn't happen, to it might have happened, to it happened but not the way you think it did, to it happened that way but was justified, and back to it didn't happen.
I'll never understand this obsession with brand loyalty. Trump was wrong.
>>
>>311274
Who is they?
>>
>>311257
>>311263
Yeah artifacts and compression are why the video speeds up Acosta, slows down the intern and cuts Acosta saying 'Excuse me'
NOT.
Stop digging the grave deeper, everyone in the media is reporting on this hoax Sanders tried to push now.All you've done is make CNN the victim again.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhuHGxWj-0U

It was edited
>>
I feel like I can't trust literally anybody in this society. It's a bewildering feeling. But I think it's the truest of realities. Literally everyone is out to get you. Believe it. Beware.
>>
>>311287
That's because Trump is waging a war on reality and Republicans are complicit in it.
He's lied over 6000 times since becoming president. 6000 provable lies.
>>
>Acosta said "pardon", so it's totally fine that he withheld the mic at a press conference
>When someone working for the white house reached for the mic he defended it with his other arm as if the mic belonged to him
>This is orange man's fault
>>
>Trying to get through your question...
>here we go
>no, no, come on
>whistles, finger wag
I can't blame him for getting a little hot.
>>
>>311297
>I am a bootlicker
>>
The cities are fucking watching you, you fucking retard sheep fucker.
>>
>>311302
Wrong thread friend, think you wanted the one about Minnesota's new congresswoman.
>>
>>311301
>respecting your fellow reporters and the president? No, I'm not a bootlicker!

I guess Acosta should be happy he doesn't have to obey those oppressive rules of WH press conferences anymore. You're welcome CNN!
>>
>>311304
>respecting your fellow reporters
Acosta does respect other reporters, that's why he wouldn't let Trump weasel out of another lie.
>>
>>311297
>>Acosta said "pardon", so it's totally fine that he withheld the mic at a press conference
No, not because he said pardon, because it was his turn to ask question and the intern has no legitimacy trying to take the mic back.

Beside, he didn't even hurt her.
>>When someone working for the white house reached for the mic he defended it with his other arm as if the mic belonged to him
The mic literally belong to the press, not to the white house nor the intern.
>>311304
>I guess Acosta should be happy he doesn't have to obey those oppressive rules of WH press conferences anymore.
He did respect them, the intern didn't.
>>
>>311305
Yeah getting banned from those press conferences is a great way to get answers from Trump, real smart.

>>311306
>it was his turn
Nope, Trump was hearing the next reporter already.
>>
>>311308
>>311306
>The mic literally belong to the press
Yes and the reporters are supposed to pass the mic around, Acosta doesn't get to keep the mic.
>>
>>311308
>Nope, Trump was hearing the next reporter already.
You mean interrupting him and not letting him ask his second question. Or even adressing the first one.
>>311308
It shows to the face of the public the kind of person that he is.
>>
>>311310
When he stopped asking questions and was just throwing stuff out there like "they are hundreds of miles away" Trump motioned to the next reporter.

>You mean interrupting him
If you actually watch a full video of Acosta's turn he asks two questions and then started interrupting others to get a third question in.
>>
>>311312
>If you actually watch a full video of Acosta's turn he asks two questions and then started interrupting others to get a third question in.
bullshit. the NBC reporter who was next didn't say anything until the mic was taken from Acosta
>>
>>311313
Oh ok, so he couldn't get a word in sideways because Acosta kept talking into the mic for yet another question. Even though it was the other reporter's turn.
>>
>>311312
>When he stopped asking questions and was just throwing stuff out there like "they are hundreds of miles away" Trump motioned to the next reporter.
And so, ingoring his question.
>>311313
>he asks two questions
Trump make a point to not aress and he is right to not let it pass. Finally someone doing his journalist work.
>>
>>311316
>>When he stopped asking questions and was just throwing stuff out there like "they are hundreds of miles away" Trump motioned to the next reporter.
>And so, ingoring his question.
What? Acosta had stopped asking questions and was just making remarks about a campaign ad and how far away a group of migrants was.
>>
>>310671
See
>>311319

>>
lads, are these people insane? acosta asked his questions and didnt like the response so he started heckling the president and making a scene. it was blatantly obvious he should have passed the mic on and was just being selfish. then to push the staffer away whiles shes trying to get the microphone. how can anyone blame drumpf for this?
>>
https://www.apnews.com/c575bd1cc3b1456cb3057ef670c7fe2a
AP got an expert to destroy all of /pol/'s damage control talking points and confirm it was doctored.
>>
>>311329
Gaslighting: the post
Good thing we have the actual, undoctored video to expose your lies.
>>
>>311334
>the actual, undoctored video
looks exactly the same as the 'doctored' video though so whats the point?
>>
>>311336
Clearly you have something wrong with your eyes and/or comprehension.
>>
>>311334
>>311337
Could you try make an actual argument?
>>
OP, go back to /r/incels your containment subreddit. fuckin incels infested /news/
>>
>>311339
>>311338
Damage control!
Are you going to try and get right wing publications like Politco banned from /news/ now?
>>
>>311338
I'm not
>>311334
>>311338
You said they are the same. You have something with your eyes/comprehension if you think they are the same. Prove that they are the same. Here is proof that they are not the same: https://www.apnews.com/c575bd1cc3b1456cb3057ef670c7fe2a
>>
>>311344
>You said they are the same.
I'm not >>311336
In fact I never talked about different videos of Acosta and the intern because it is uninteresting to me.
I posted this >>311297
Whether or not he karate chopped an intern, he did refuse to hand over the mic for quite a while.
>>
>>311344
they look the same if you dont zoom in on and only watch the irregular movement of an arm. they look identical if you arent focused on it, which makes you wonder why anybody would purposefully edit it to be that way
>>
Newsman bad.
>>
>>311347
I don't care what's uninteresting to you. I replied to some other poster then. My bad.
>>
>>311263
this.
people are literally suggesting:
this is a propogana conspiracy beause when you slow it down enough you can notice that one frame gets replayed twice
it has absolutely no affect on the video overall and the two look identical at full speed and even half speed.... you have to slow it down to less than half of half speed to notice theres a single frame that jumps
this isnt propogana, its a quirk of using digital media and communcation... something wasnt converted, uploaded, downloaded, buffered or encoded perfectly.
>>
>>311329
>acosta asked his questions and didnt like the response so he started heckling the president and making a scene. it was blatantly obvious he should have passed the mic on and was just being selfish.
Agreed. Lets be honest.
You would have to really stretch the definition of assault to apply it to what happened. Its wouldnt be false to use the word, but def a stretch.
what Acosta WAS doing tho was being extremely rude, he was being disruptive, and has been very disruptive in the past like yelling obscenities at foreign leaders, he was refusing to yield the microphone and he was refusing to just ask a single question.
Im glad they removed this buffoon from press meetings.
This isnt any attack on free speech, its removing an especially disruptive individual from what should be a somewhat professional environment.

CNN can get a new reporter in there, and hopefully if its anything like Acosta it to will get removed until they get someone decent in place
>>
>>310752
kek
>>
>>311378
>CNN can get a new reporter in there, and hopefully if its anything like Acosta it to will get removed untill they get someone who agrees with Trump
Just admit that the president was getting bootybothered by someone calling him out for his rhetoric.
>>
>>311395
Just admit Acosta is an asshole and shouldn't be in press meetings yelling obscenities at foreign leaders.
The prez was actually in the right this time
>>
>>311395
more like he was trying to do his job and jim acosta was being rude and unfair (albeit thats his job) to the rest of the journalists
>>
>>311327
>Acosta had stopped asking questions and was just making remarks about a campaign ad and how far away a group of migrants was.
Yes, because he showed contradiction to Trump's add. They can't be climbing the wall if they are still miles away. Trump deceive his citizen by showing this kind of add. this is about that Acosta was confronting Trump. When a President Bullshit his citizen, it is the task of journalists to confront them with it.
>>
If you say that revoking a press pass is violating the 1st amendment, then it would follow that even having a press pass system is violating the 1st amendment. Freedom to report on anything is shared by all citizens and limiting the number of people who can be in that press room shuts out other people from being in there to report.

Of course that is ridiculous, and in truth the president is free to remove press who are causing disorder in these press meetings, but of course the left supports this twisted view of the bill of rights to protect massive media corporations.
>>
>>311416
>If you say that revoking a press pass is violating the 1st amendment, then it would follow that even having a press pass system is violating the 1st amendment.
Missing the point.
the issue is that the White House justified its action by outright lying about it. They are trying to convince the public of a false Narrative.

Also, CEO of a business can decide to invest all its money in a giant statue of himself and his board, instead of resupplying stocks, it's the CEO, and if his board approve, it's his right to do so, but it's still a very bad CEO and very bad Board.

A president can decide to revoke a press pass and then provide an outright lie for after that, but it's a very bad president and staff for them to do that.

You know that it's possible to act badly without breaking the law, right ? And you know that people can call out for bad actions and bad decisions, even if they don't break the law, you know that, right?
>>
>>311421
what's the lie?
>>
>>311408
So the deveption is what, that Trump didn't show actual footage of aliens crossing the US border? The footage was of the migrants breaching barriers / fences in mexico (i think), how exactly did is it deception or bullshit to show this footage when these people are marching towards the US border? People from the last central american caravan tried to enter the country illegally too (not all of them ofc)
>>
>>311446
*deception
*how exactly is it
>>
>>311426
That Acosta should have his pass revoked because of violence on women.
>>
>>311449
>That Acosta should have his pass revoked
he should
>because of violence on women.
he shouldn't of tried to physically prevented the woman from taking the microphone. when press feel entitled to do so, it is the right move to keep them out of press meetings.
>>
>>311449
He raped her! It's so obvious!
>>
>>311449
He did no violence at all against the woman.
>>311454
Wrong, that mic does not belong to her and it wasn't her role to take away the mic.
>he shouldn't of tried to physically prevented the woman from taking the microphone.
He was in his right to prevent her to do so. And he did not harm her in anyway.
>>
>>311468
she works for the white house and she is in the right to according to their direction to gain control of the mic in order to maintain an ordered decorum in the room. The press are guests there and it is by the white house's rules that they operate under while in there. Acosta does not own that mic and has no special privilege to dictate how the conference should go.
>>
>>311475
>gain control of the mic in order to maintain an ordered decorum in the room
Taking the wrong mix then...
>>
>>311475
>she works for the white house and she is in the right to according to their direction to gain control of the mic in order to maintain an ordered decorum in the room.
Wrong. First, at worst, that's for security. Second, that mic belong to the press, no to the White House.

> The press are guests there
Being a guezsst doens't give the rigth to your hosts to take your wallet.
> Acosta does not own that mic
The mic belong to the PRess, actually, it does not belong to the white house.
>>
>>311498
security is there for security. they don't use them to moderate the mic usage.

The press don't personally own the mic, you doofus. do you think the white house can't afford microphones or something?
>>
>>311507
>they don't use them to moderate the mic usage.
That's right, because it's none of the white House's business.
>The press don't personally own the mic,
Yes, they effectively do. the camera mics and equipment in the press conference room is paid by the associated press
> do you think the white house can't afford microphones or something?
they could, but they don't.
>>
>>311533
>it's none of the White House's business what goes on in the White House
>>
>>311546
Logical foul, false equivalency.

An obligation to accommodate the press is not equal to an obligation to let the press do whatever they want.
>>
>>311548
>Logical foul, false equivalency.
cringe

>An obligation to accommodate the press is not equal to and obligation to let the press to whatever they want.
so you agree that the press needs to be controlled from acting out of order.
>>
>>311551
Double foul, begging the question.

I do not concede that Acosta was acting out of order.
>>
/news/? more like /jews/
>>
>>311558
how long is Acosta allowed to hold the mic and keep asking questions untill he is out of order?
>>
>>311583
Until the person at the podium says "you're done, next"
>>
>ORANGE MAN BAD: The Board
>>
Next time a reporter pulls this garbage, POTUS should just walk off stage for a few minutes. Get a drink, hit the head, and then go back for more questions. Dont acknowledge bad behaviour.
>>
>>311591
He actually did start to walk away from the podium off-stage. Then he switched to the MSNBC guy.
I don't understand why he called on Acosta in the first place, he has made it really clear that he hates that CNN guy
>>
>>311594
Most everything he does is pandering to the ~40% of America who thinks he's doing a good job. They love the fact that he attacked a CNN reporter. To them he really showed that deep state anti-Trump media who's boss.
>>
>>311588
News man bad! He say mean words!
>>
>>311614
News man bad!

Clinton man(?) Bad!

Brown man bad!

Law man bad!

BAD!
>>
>>310671

lmao get rekt liberal cunt
>>
>WAHHH THE BIG BAD NEWS MAN SAID MEAN WORDS ABOUT ME WAHHH WAHHH WAHHH I'M A BIG FAT UGLY BABY WAHHH DADDY HELP ME! GIVE ME MORE OF YOUR MONEY
>>
>>311591
>>311594
That just looked incrediblely weak of Trump where he had to storm off because he couldn't handle a tough question.

>>311595
This, it's why he constantly attacks the press, although at this point, he believes his own lies and doesn't care that his supporters commit acts of terrorism against the press now.
Notice how Trump still thinks reporters only care about their ratings, and not getting the truth.
>>
I love how /pol/ppets are still whining about Shareblue, when it's right wing outlets like inforwars and gateway pundit that have been caught outright posting fake news in the past week.
Maybe the ban on Shareblue should be lifted unless ithey're caught in a scandal faking news too.
>>
>>311247
>also, jim pushing the woman away is a reflection of his deep seated sexism and how he believes that as a man he has the right to physically dominate a woman
Except she was primarily responsible for initiating the contact. He should sue her for assault.
>>
>>311023
>>311024
>>311025
>>311051
>>311052
>>311056
This is what it looks like when Sarah Sanders posts a doctored video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXZ2jRZMLrg&
This is what it looks like when CNN does journalism.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNwfY80M1NY
>>
>>311654
Looking at the side by side and they look the exact same. Maybe there is a frame missing or something but it's not noticable what so ever and it really does not change how the motion looks.

This whole controversy over whether the clip is doctored or not reminds of the Asch conformity experiment. Like it's a test to see if people will see something that isn't there as long as the MSM says there is something there.
>>
>>311654
>>311681
That's because your eye is untrained, which is the point. People who work in editing or animation immediately recognize how it was a hack job.

Also whataboutism.
>>
>>310682
>He is a subversive communist agitator.
>screams profanities at a communist dipomat
agitator? yes
communist? no
objective reporter searching for truth? hell no
he's as much of a circus act as jerry springer, but with a different audience.
>>
>>310671
Acosta wasn't thrown in jail. This is not a first amendment case.
>>
>>310831
tits or gtfo
>>
"war on 1st amendment"???
this is bait. but I'll take it. Talk to Alex Jones "war on 1st amendment." Acosta is still a propagandist for CNN fake news. He still has his pay pal, stripe account, twitter, face book... accounts. He can still go on TV and spew his retarded bullshit. He just doesn't get to do it on the Presidents time.
>>
>>310869
>press Trump on every question
stating your opinion is not a question, and a person who does that is op-ed, not a journalist.
>>
>>311682
>That's because your eye is untrained, which is the point.
To any normal person it looks the same either way to the point that, if this was meant to color the video in a way that is untruthful, it fails in that goal.
>People who work in editing or animation immediately recognize how it was a hack job.
So we should really on experts to inform me on how I should feel on the video? It literally looks the same, just because someone wants to claim one is technically different doesn't take away from the point that it doesn't make a difference in the out come. They look so similar that it was probably the case that whatever staffer tweeted video probably didn't notice a difference either.
>>
>>310936
sometimes you just gotta cut toxic people outta your life
>>
>>311020
>when they're legitimately asking questions like they are supposed to
show me when this happens
>>
>>311698
...literally every time there's a press conference? What kind of retarded question is that.
>>
>>310675
Acosta is not only rude and verbally abusive to the elderly, he's clearly a violent misogynist.

Trump should revoke all access from CNN. Make a deal with them to fire Jim Acosta and never employ him again or they will not be granted access to Trump. Make it clear to all media companies that they will not be granted access to Trump while they employ Jim Acosta.
>>
>>311141
>Freedom of the press
>press
>printing press

Freedom to say or right whatever you want
NOT
permission to have physical access to a high security location
>and use that access to waste people's time
>>
>>311704
>right
goddammit meant write
>>
>>311704
>Thinking the press only means print media.
>Thinking shut down access because you're triggered is constitutional
This is the absolute state of Trump apologists. Even Antonin Scalia didn't agree with that shit your shoveling.
>>
>>311700
>Acosta is not only rude and verbally abusive to the elderly, he's clearly a violent misogynist.
You know everyone can see the video, right ? Who do you think you are trying to convince ?
>>
>>311682
It's showing the underlining story. One standard for republicans, another for democrats.
>>
>>311708
When these horrible abusive men finally sit down and shut up maybe our country will start getting somewhere!

after seeing the video I'm shocked Jim Acosta hasn't been arrested for battering that poor helpless woman.
>>
>>311711
this has to be bait
>>
>>310688
Except that Acosta wasnt asking questions, he was making accusations in the form of questions. Hes a pretentious turd and he got what he deserved. Hes lucky he wasnt charged with harassment for putting his hands on an intern.
>>
>>311713
it's amazing how quickly /pol/tards turn into white knights defending a woman against having a man's arm accidentally touch her
>>
>>311715
I'm not defending anyone, it's what happened jackass.
>>
>>311724
okay, SJW white knighting fag
>>
>>310671
What is this garbage and why is it being posted on 4chan of all places?
>>
>>311744
It's a mainstream media story on the mainstream news board about Trump's latest attack on the 1st amendment
>>
>>311713
He was asking simple questions, like the rest of the reporters. The problem of course is Trump knows his answer would be damaging so he had to go into full damage control.

Because calling the black woman a racist for asking about his support of nationalism that has emboldened white nationalists is a good gameplan.
>>
>>311752
God, you people are such fucking bozos. Literally can't associate with people like you anymore.
>>
>>311765
Trump literally cannot answer the question "did you hire Whitaker to fuck with Mueller" because no matter how he answers it will tip his hand, so the only thing he can do is insult the person asking the question. Which itself also gives away that that is precisely why he did it. People aren't stupid, he just thinks we are.
>>
>>311765
Amazing how you didn't even attempt to come up with a response and just dove right into a personal attack.

I get the feeling it's other people who are choosing not to associate with you, and you're just saying "W-well I didn't want to be friends with you anyway!" Because in your mind nothing is ever your fault.
>>
>>311744
Literally everyone and his mother is talking about this at the moment. But I suppose it's being talked about everywhere except in a /pol/fuckhead's basement.
>>
>>311765
You should go back to your containment board then. /news/ is supposed to be for people who are capable of critical thought, you tourists from /pol/ keep proving that's impossible for you.

>>311772
And that's what Trump wants so he can distract people from the fact he's obstructing justice with Mueller, he broke the law with his hush money to stormy denials since it's confirmed he was directly involved, and his and the republicans attempt to steal the election in Florida and Georgia.
>>
>>311769
>>311770
>>311773

Wow, that really triggered a quick response.
>>
>>311775
>Say something stupid
>Get called out
>I WAS JUST TROLLING
Sad
>>
>>311772
Neat, more people spreading the video means more people seeing that Acosta was completely out of line.
>>
>>311779
>Neat
On the contrary, dork.
>>
https://www.wired.com/story/infowars-video-white-house-cnn-jim-acosta-tweet/
>Who Made the Video?

>The video posted by Sanders appears identical to a video shared two hours earlier by Paul Joseph Watson, an editor-at-large at the right-wing media site InfoWars. Both videos were edited in the same way and had no sound. While the White House hasn’t responded to inquiries about the source of the video posted by Sanders, it seems reasonable to say that the chance the two videos were created independently is extraordinarily low.

>While the first four seconds of Watson’s video appear to be from a C-Span feed, the true origins of the clip are a bit more complicated. It’s notable that neither Watson’s nor Sanders’ video has sound, as the source video for both appears to be a three-second GIF circulated in conservative circles moments after the actual event took place.

>At 12:34 pm Wednesday, ForAmerica, a conservative group popular on Twitter, posted this three-second GIF of the press conference lifted from C-Span’s feed.

>Twelve minutes later, the Daily Wire, a right-wing news and opinion blog, posted the same GIF. Both were retweeted by Watson, who was also live-tweeting the press conference.

>Roughly eight hours later, Watson tweeted a 15-second edit of the GIF, which he confirmed in a tweet was made using the GIF posted by the Daily Wire. Two hours after that, Sanders included what appears to be the same video in her tweet. In a tweet, Watson stated that he did not edit the footage, but a screenshot he later posted of the editing track for the video indicates some edits may have been made.

>Is the Video Accurate?

>The video was altered in a way that is misleading and dramatizes events. It is extremely low quality, likely because it’s a combination of edits and reuploads. The raw video used to create the GIF was taken from a C-Span feed with an odd camera angle, which serves to make the whole affair seem more dramatic.
>>
>High-quality video from any of the other cameras present at the press briefing shows that, while there was contact between Acosta and the intern, it was not a strike or “karate chop” as some claim.

>However, the main issue with the White House video is its editing. While the video itself is 15 seconds long, the only footage in the clip is the three-second GIF shared by ForAmerica and The Daily Wire. The GIF is shown in its entirety at the beginning of the video posted by Sanders; it’s the wide shot that includes the C-Span logo. This GIF is shown six times over the course of the 15-second video, with a variety of edits and zooms that serve to make the relatively inconsequential moment seem more dramatic.

“At issue here is how video speed and frame rate affects the human ability to perceive force," said Britt Paris, a researcher with Data & Society studying audio-visual manipulation. "Context matters, and time and duration is an oft-overlooked part of context that helps us interpret the content of a video."
>>
>>311769
>>311770
>>311773
You guys are fucking stupid, though. Acosta could have simply given back the mic after asking his question.
Playing keepaway with the fucking microphone when there are 30 other people in the room is the action of a child. A fucking child. "OH NO YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND HE WAS ABOUT TO UNCOVER THE SECRET DRUMPF DEEP STATE BY HOLDING THE MIC WAY TOO LONG AND PONTIFICATING ABOUT HOW DRUMPF WAS IN FULL DAMAGE CONTROL-" Nah, you guys are fucking dumb if you think this. The intern's job is to hand the mic off to other people for questioning, and Acosta prevented her from doing her job.

Therefore, he can't do his job anymore.

All this thread has proven is that you're a bunch of teenagers who have never had a professional job before. If I did that shit at any presentation, not even with the president, my ass would be on the street.
But ohhh nooooo the video was altered to look like a Karate chop scary scary >>311789 >>311791 You look like a sad, pathetic bozo. The reason people are laughing at you is because this is basically separating out people who have had a real job before where they were expected to be polite to others just trying to do their job vs little kids who write blog articles and probably spent their high school days shittalking their instructors to their faces, smug in the knowledge that they can face no serious repercussions for doing so.

Apparently Acosta didn't learn rule #1 of working in a professional environment:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BC3nmrwELL4

>B-buh drumpf and his twitter-
yeah shove your whataboutism up your ass.
>>
>>311777
>spend all day camping a text board with less than 50 people browsing to the point you can make four posts with your phone
>get called out
>SAD
I bet you smell of six day old cheese
>>
>>311792
>NEWS MAN BAD
>ORANGE MAN GOOD
>YOU ARE KIDS
>>
I can't believe there are THREE fucking threads about this shit and they even all have the same tired hyperbolic partisan shitflinging. This is an absolutely minor story compared to everything else this week, and the only reason I that I can figure we're still discussing it here is because partisans get free ammo to attack CNN or Trump.

The only points of note here are things that were already fleshed out in January of 2017 with the retarded crowd size controversy:
>the Trump administration escalates fights it should have ignored (seriously who gives a shit)
>the administration doesn't verify its own evidence before using it (or adopts a verifiable false position)
>Trump's base will bend over backwards to defend a position based on faulty evidence
>the MSM gets free ad views for stirring up shit
>everyone involved looks like a petty moron

>>311772
No, the only place this shit is still being discussed is on Mongolian picturebook image boards. Every major news network, including CNN (who has the strongest motive to keep the story alive), has moved back to Jeff Sessions being fired and the ongoing election controversies. I'd say it's a deliberate distraction like >>311773 says, but it's honestly not a very good one since only the most partisan fuckwits are still going at it.
>>
>>311796
Not an argument.
>>
>>311792
>All this thread has proven is that you're a bunch of teenagers who have never had a professional job before.
So you think most people would be able to keep a job behaving like Trump, constantly calling people names, getting caught in lies, etc? He managed to insult Acosta multiple times during their short exchange. Why do Trump supporters not care if he acts in a professional manner?
>>
>>311883
>Why do Trump supporters not care if he acts in a professional manner?
Why would anyone care if someone who got the job done acted in a professional manner or not?
>>
>>311891
That's moving the goalposts, since the point was Acosta's behavior would be unacceptable in the professional world, when Trump's behavior is just as abhorrent.
>>
>>311883

Liberals gave up on civility a long time ago. Conservatives are just finally starting to fight on the same level. You can't act in a certain way and then criticize your opponent for doing the same.
>>
>>311878
I agree, I was parroting the guy I was responding to.
>>
>>311897
No democratic president has acted with so little civility. No republican president, either. He's in a class of his own.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/01/28/upshot/donald-trump-twitter-insults.html/

>You can't act in a certain way and then criticize your opponent for doing the same.
You have it backwards, though. The reason Trump is treated with such hostility is because that's the way he treats everyone who refuses to behave like a sycophant towards him. Yet all I hear is Trump should be treated with respect. People won't treat someone with respect, who they feel constantly disrespected by.
>>
>>311883
Yep, there we go, "BUH WHAT ABUOUT TRUUMPFFPFF?FF?F?F??F?FF?F?F??FF?F?F?f/fF?? ORANGE MAN BAD". I literally knew that this was the only defense you had of him when video came out of him clutching a microphone and kvetching like a seizure patient over being told that it wasn't his turn at the microphone anymore.
I'm not talking about Orange Man you fucking inbred mongoloid. I'm talking about the fucking crying pussy screaming because he stole a microphone and won't give it back to the people it belongs to. Fucking hypocrite.
>>
>>311901

Uh, no. Imagine if the reporters were this hostile and disrespectful to Obama. You'd be throwing a fucking tantrum. You reap what you sow. Liberals started this, and you know the saying, play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
>>
>>311901
>WHAT ABOUT ORAAAAANNNGGGEEEE MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN?!!!?!?!?!?!?!?"
Wow, for a second I thought this was about Jim Acosta but instead it was about BLOOMPF!

Maybe you can join the welfare line next to Acosta after he gets canned from CNN for making an ass of himself in a professional environment?
>>
>>311909
It became about Trump when people started claiming that people must respect Trump but Trump needn't respect anyone.
>>
>>311906
>asks "why is everyone calling trump out for something"
>people point out trump's behavior and why it's shit
>"OMG YOU'RE ALL JUST NPC'S WTF!"
>>
SHUT UP. I'm the president and we need to science the people that don't agree with me
>>
Not an American, but relay respect how you don't take freedom for granted.

Here in Canada freedom is a word. In America you take it seriously
>>
Don't let the world down America.

Believe it or not we look to you, don't you dare let us down

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUZxSf_P2r0
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFT0jGibz80

You have lost that loving feeling.

Of a laday
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoPBLLdzjNA
>>
pitching deck
>>
Call the ball
>>
Ticket or treat 2.5
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAtzy-l3H1g
>>
Anonymous did not buy it, even though the Mods put it up for sale
>>
Morality doesn't enter into it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ze1xp9hYDl4
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZoezRIbDa0

The increase in USA GDP everyone is doing great
>>
Seems people haven't read it latterly

https://www.archives.gov/founding-docs/constitution-transcript

Section. 1.
All legislative Powers herein granted shall be vested in a Congress of the United States, which shall consist of a Senate and House of Representatives.

Thought you Americans believed in freedom and laws

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkwQ6EjLdMQ
>>
maybe laws need to be wiped out?
>>
Would't it be nice if a load man run the country
>>
Let's call him for lack of a better word hitler.

Some one that did not care about democracy.

You Americans, please be better then this
>>
>>311908
>If the reporters were this hostile and disrespectful to Obama.
Actually Obama had to deal with his share of hecklers as well, and unlike Trump who immediately demands they get thrown out or calls for his cult to engage in criminal assault. Obama actually engages in them.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFnhq5awB60

Also, Fox News and the right wing noise machine constantly attacked and smeared Obama, outside of that one super racist guy who kept saying Obama wasn't born in America, Fox News pushed a conspiracy theory that Obama was raised a Muslim. Oh and when Obama finally got sick of being slandered by Fox News, he just refused to call them during questions, which the rest of the media then revolted against Obama until he relented. Did you see Fox News, which is an adjunct for the Republican party stand up for CNN when Trump banned Acosta? Nope. Because Liberals have principles, Conservatives never do.

There's a lightyear gap between Obama and Trump in who's civil.
>>
>>311979
>Did you see Fox News, which is an adjunct for the Republican party stand up for CNN when Trump banned Acosta?

In Fox's defense, they actually did stand up for CNN when Trump tried to have the whole network thrown out. They're not doing it this time probably because a) only Acosta, an individual reporter, was banned and b) they don't want to alienate the viewers who saw the (edited) video and believe the president's version of events.

Remember that every mainstream network is driven by profit, so losing viewers to save one reporter who appears to have done something wrong (even if innocent, as it's the appearance that matters) isn't good business. On the other hand, it's actually worth it to save an entire competing network because the precedent set by banning an entire network would be used to ban them the next time a Democrat was president. The cost/benefit analysis is simply not in their favor this time.
>>
>>311969
You're an idiot.
>>
>>311979
>Did you see Fox News, which is an adjunct for the Republican party stand up for CNN when Trump banned Acosta?
They did actually say the revocation was going too far (mentioning the very case you talk about as a parallel), but still say that Acosta was a bit too rude.
>>
>>311981
>who saw the (edited) video
I saw the edited video and even in the edited one,t here is still nothing wrong. Even if he had acted like that, it's a perfectly normal reaction when someone try to take something from you.
>>
>>311998
see >>311792
>>
>>311901
>No democratic president has acted with so little civility. No republican president, either.
bill clinton was regularly getting sucked off in the white house and lied about it
>>
fuck cnn
>>
>>311969
fuck off Shlomo
>>
>>310671
Both sides hate the first amendment and only want to site it when they want to fuck over the other.
>>
>>311969
for lack of a better word lets call you retarded
>>
>>312001
And notice how that single lie will haunt him to the grave.
Meanwhile Trump has told over 6000 provable lies since taking office and no one bats an eye.

What did Stalin say? 1 murder is a tragedy, but a million is a statistic?
>>
>I am the most tolerant person in the world!
>But I care about my people
>BUT I care about all people
>But I am realist
>But I am an idealist
>But I am a good person
>No, you're a nazi
Meanwhile, every second, a nigger child dies. Shame on you /news/ and shame on your petty bullshit that is inconsequential
>>
The problem is that people act as though history started yesterday, and when you compare the behaviour of trump to other presidents they shout whataboutism.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFIok5m8v7c
When Obama ejected a undocumented transgender woman reporter who was acting in the same way Acosta was, there was no where close to the response we are seeing now. The media cheered, just like how they cheered when he arrested more journalists than any other president. They never talked about it. But when Trump does anything, they are up in arms.
>>
>>312140
This would be a complete nothingburger if they didn't use a doctored video as their evidence.
But they did, so here we are.
>>
>>312144
Again, what news service, administration, politician has not used editing for effect?
>>
>>312145
Again, whataboutism isn't an argument.
It's something that happened, therefore it's reported on.
>>
>>312147
You are complaining about whataboutism again, and you are applying a standard to trump you have applied to no other administration, organization, group or person.
Same thing with O'keefe. You are applying a standard to one person, not to another, and when I point that out you say whataboutism.
>>
>>312148
could it be the nature of the editing?
could it be the target in question?
>>
>>312148
Buddy, in case you haven't noticed, the article wasn't about what everyone in the history of ever has done.
>>
>>312149
Right, I forgot the cardinal sin is targetting democrats.
>>
>>312116
grow a pair you gutless bitch
>>
>>312159
Think of the children. Every minute. Million of black kids are being aborted. THE FUCKING HORROR. Why are republicans anti-abortion? Do they want gazillion of new niggers every year? What the fuck is wrong with them?
>>
>>312171
simpletons cling to ideas unconditionally, not realizing that in most cases reality is not simple, like their simple minds would prefer it to be, but complex, rich and layered
>>
>>310820
Thankyou!
>>
>>310820
Right. What kind of third world country is this becoming where this is now seen as ok?
>>
>>311906
You're defending Trump's decision, when Trump is guilty of the same type of behavior. You can't have it both ways. Either Trump is also unprofessional, or Acosta did nothing wrong. You believe Acosta did something wrong, hence you must believe Trump is unprofessional. If you don't, then you're a hypocrite.
>>
>>312195
First off Trump didn't have to call on Acosta to begin with and Acosta was not being unprofessional he was being a journalist. Trump specifically allowed him to ask a question and Trump got enraged because he's a manbaby and he can't answer difficult questions, so he responded by berating Acosta and then sent someone (in this case a woman) to go fight for him and try and wrestle the mic away from Acosta like a coward. The woman reached for the mic invading Acosta's personal space while he wasn't paying attention and Acosta accidentally bumped her hand. Then Trump pretended like we don't remember the Access Hollywood tape and that he's somehow a gentlemen who's respectful to women and berated Acosta for an accident that was entirely caused by him.
>>
>>312246
>Acosta accidentally bumped her hand
There isn't anyone alive who believes this, including Acosta and all his defenders.
>>
>>312251
Now THIS is gaslighting
>>
>>312246
>Acosta was not being unprofessional
almost stopped reading there
>Trump got enraged because he's a manbaby
stopped reading there, this is a place for actual political discourse, not somewhere for you to vent
>>
>>312265
>almost
almost stopped reading there
>this is a place
stopped reading there
>>
>>312268
k... keep me posted
>>
>>312251
That may have been the most limp-wristed "karate chop" in human history.
>>
this is the state of politics in america
where the most pressing issue of the day is who won the arm wrestling contest in the white house
next stop president camacho
>>
>>310671
why do americans protect their right to firearms more than their right to free speech?
>>
>>310671
Glad they banned this idiot
>>
>>312309
i wish i knew
>>
>>311012
>twitter compression artifacts are editing
>oy vey SHUT IT DOWN

Is this really what we have become? Is this how desperate you people are? I seriously hope no one believes this false 'doctored' video spin. But I know just how many stupid people live in this country.
>>
>>311981
>>311998
there is no (edited) video. This is a bold face lie by the media and anyone who believes in it is being suckered. The Sanders video has compression artifacts from being uploaded to twitter and being transcoded for size limitations.
>>
>>312397
Amazing how literally every other video in the world manages to be uploaded to Twitter just fine without compressing smooth motion into a blurry mess.

I guess the sheer virile power of Jim Acosta's karate chop is just too fucking strong to be contained within a mere regular video.
>>
>>312399
>Amazing how literally every other video in the world manages to be uploaded to Twitter just fine without compressing smooth motion into a blurry mess.

proof that literally every other video ever posted on twitter never suffered compression artifacts please?
>>
>>312399
>https://www.google.com/search?q=twitter+video+blurry&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiZn6WLuMzeAhUFc98KHQPLDdMQ1QIIpQEoBg&biw=1908&bih=906

23 million results on google. Yeah looks like no ones ever had any trouble with video quality on twitter, you're absolutely right.
>>
>>312397
The speeds are obviously edited to make it look like a violent Karate Chop. Are you blind?
>>
>>312406
The video speed was not changed. You can play the videos side by side and they are identical. The only thing different is the quality and frame rate
>>
>>310671
thats hilarious.
i wonder how CNN feels with a false accusation against them xD
>>
>>312397
Already been proven to be a lie by people who are experts on the subject including the AP /pol/ppet.
Better luck next time with your damage control.
>>
>>312415
>Already been proven to be a lie
It hasn't, but thanks for playing mr disinfo

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.