[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k] [s4s] [vip] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/o/ - Auto

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 1476489104447.jpg (42 KB, 326x236)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
Best american project car?
moving onto my father's land, and we're thinking about getting a project car to build in my garage.
i was thinking about an 02 transam?
got any ideas?
>>
Trans Am is the goto, really.

You guys want some real fun? Go find an old Charger from the 80s and drop a modern HEMI in that fucker. Ive seen those swaps and those fuckers pull like nothing else.
>>
>>18005036
Rwd swaps are difficult
>>
File: 7282381676_1a79c17c08_b.jpg (384 KB, 1024x680)
384 KB
384 KB JPG
Cavalier
>>
>>18005059
But insanely fun and rewarding.

Me and my father did a drive train swap on a caliber srt4 a few years ago. Was difficult but extremely rewarding.
>>
>>18005070
Pics?

>>18005009
Does the trans am have a V8?
>>
>>18005095
>Does the trans am have a V8?
You could only get a T/A without one in one year.
>>
>>18005103
wouldn't want anything less in one haven't really looked yet but in this town they're everywhere.
he wants an 88 btw. not sure if that adds any relevance.
>>
>>18005009
first gen mustang

you can buy literally every part off Rock Auto. you can even buy brand new frames.
>>
>>18005166
Honestly the best way I would approach a turd gen is to pull the engine and trans and swap in an LS and a T56. The engine itself should fit without modification on 350 mounts, I don't know about the tranny though. It'll probably fit where an old T5 would but there's enough variations on T56 housings that I can't be sure.
>>
First Gen Ford Mustang Coupe or if you have money a Fastback.
>>
Mustang or Camaro/Trans Am. The GM cars will have a higher performance potential if that matters to you. Besides that, get whichever looks best to you and is in your budget.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.