[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/o/ - Auto

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: IMG_0292.jpg (1.25 MB, 2016x1512)
1.25 MB
1.25 MB JPG
Bought this 2004 E46 ZHP, 6 speed manual with 83k miles from a family friend for $2500.

Sat in his garage for 5 years. No crashes or permanent damages. Windscreen and drivers window electronics needed replacement. Fluids/filters need to be changed as well. Otherwise in excellent condition.

How'd I do?

Pic related
>>
File: IMG_0292.jpg (732 KB, 1387x1387)
732 KB
732 KB JPG
unflipped :&)
>>
Assuming that nothing is wrong with it and shit like seals haven't rotted out, you did great.
>>
>>18207547
would been a smarter move to spend 3x that on a mint one.

inb4 you complain about have to spend 50 bucks on a headlight projector bulb.
>>
>>18207638

Any way to check? Haven't driven it yet because the paperwork hasn't been done yet. Haven't noticed any leakages on the garage floor.

Tires are brand new as well.

>>18207651

I wasn't even in the market for a new car in particular although my current car is a 02 sentra with 164k miles. The deal was too good to pass up
>>
>>18207788
>already had a decent car
>hurr durr deal 2 gud to pass up
this is why the poor stay poor.
>>
>>18207808
>unflipped

The sentra 15 years old and is definitely showing its age, and I was planning on getting a new car within the next year. I got it for $4000 around 6 years ago so I've definitely gotten my moneys worth.

Stay mad though buddy
>>
File: 1500940332900.jpg (28 KB, 164x152)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
>unmolested bone stock ZHP with some minor issues and not that many miles for $2500
holy FUCK dude that's legit good
my only concern is whether or not it was maintained well while it was in use
>>
>>18207948

It seems that way. The interior is also in excellent condition aside from the alcantara on the steering wheel.

I should get a better idea once I start driving it. I don't really know what issues the car could have other than reading that at around ~100k miles the suspension/struts might need replacement.

I'm used to working on my cheap japanese car though where I could just stick my head into the engine bay or under the chassis and take a look around. Not so with this car.

Anything I should be looking at in particular?
>>
File: bmw e46 front end.jpg (118 KB, 600x402)
118 KB
118 KB JPG
>>18208307
first thing's first, replace the entire cooling system asap. You might not need to but like 50% of problems with the e46 are cooling related
replace
>radiator
>radiator hoses
>pretty much any hose coming off the water pump, use parts diagrams to find part numbers
>replace the water pump with one that has a metal impeller instead of plastic
>replace the thermostat and gasket, possibly find one with a lower target temperature since bmws run hot and pressurize their cooling systems and that's not good
>coolant expansion tank
>fan and fan clutch

it's a couple hundred bucks and a a couple hours of work on a weekend for an amateur but thank me later.

also replace your valve cover gasket, i guarantee it's leaking

zhp is like 60% of an m3 with a third the parts costs
>>
>>18207808
I make 1500 a week, spending 2500 on a car is literally nothing
>>
>>18207808

Dude, it's a fucking hard top ZHP in excellent condition. Not buying it for $2500 is literally losing money. He could check up on it and flip it IMMEDIATELY for like 3-4x the price, at least.
>>
>>18207547
You did terrible, you should sell it to me for what you paid
Listen to this guy >>18208575

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.