[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/o/ - Auto

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 1523857758595.jpg (66 KB, 960x720)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
I'm thinking about getting a BRZ. Found one for $14k with 72k on it.
How are they for reliability? I drive 52 miles a day for work.
>>
It's a 2013.
>>
>>19280892
>drive 52 miles a day for work.
>want to get a cramped little shit box
>>
>>19280892
They're good on reliability. If it's 72k miles already make sure to check it over to make sure it didn't get thrashed and beat to shit.

>>19280904
I do 500mi drives in mine and it's comfy enough. I'm tall, too. But flexible. It really just depends if it fits you right and you actually like the ride quality or whether you should have gotten a car that's more like a rocking chair to while away your time on the road.
>>
Hope the dealer already replaced the sparkplugs because they go out at 60k miles, are a crazy expensive design that can't be gapped, and won't come out of the engine unless you unbolt it from its mounts and the tranny (yes) and lift it out of the car a little.
>>
>>19280919
>everybody complains about the DOHC plugs back when you actually were supposed to ever replace them more than once or maybe twice and they were cheap and they lasted forever anyway
>now you officially only have to do it once or maybe twice
>still complain
It's not like this is the only engine in the world where you have to just about lift it out to do something that you used to have to do all the time decades ago. Don't forget to take it in for a "tune up" while you're at it, boomer. You have to take the heater core out to rotate the distributer cap, unfortunately, and it requires synthetic coolant that costs $150/gal.
>>
>>19280917
The car fax seem decent, looks like it was serviced at the same dealership a decent amount of times. Dealership said it was a trade-in.

>>19280919
Car fax says 60k service was service performed
Oil and filter changed
Brake fluid flushed/changed
Brakes checked
No spark plugs though.
>>
>>19280932
I mean you're buying a used car and if there isn't a receipt they're the original plugs. The FA20s in these are very sensitive to good fuel and spark and if you don't take care of them they destroy themselves with pinging.
>>
If you're under 5'8 and don't care about the passegers behind that might lose an leg or two from sitting there.
If this description fits you, then you can buy it and be satisfied
>>
>>19280936
Download the manual online and double-check the service schedule. That sounds like maybe not everything that should happen around 60k. If not, that'd be something to press the stealership on.
>>
>>19280942
I'm 6'2.
>>
>>19280949
I'm 6'4". There's really no way to know without sitting in it. And you absolutely want to take it on a test drive before pulling the trigger because there's really a lot to not like about it, and if you don't like it for what it is then you'll regret it all the time.
>>
>>19280956
That's reasonable, I didn't think of that.
>>
>>19280892
I hope you have an understanding boss, cos you be late erry day!
>>
>>19281008
The trick is to drive in early or late so you can take advantage of driving it like you just turned 16 again.
>>
>>19280949
That's the problem with almost every car that comes from asia.
Their avarage height is around 5'7 and they also have an habbit of giving no legspace in the backseat.

That's also the reason why Honda's and Toyota's are seen an cars for women, because they can fit inside the car.
>>
>>19281034
It's mind boggling that they have adjustments to telescope the steering wheel out further into the compartment and to raise the height of the driver's seat.

It's like, how fucking cartoonishly small are these people. But then I look around at the local university and remember there are swarms of them that are literally like 4' tall.
>>
>>19280892
Is the person whos dicking that rat a trap? Why is he so soft
>>
>>19281034
it boggles my mind how some people act like the average size for a man is something like 6'2" 250lbs just because all their burger buddies are the fat bastard children of danish immigrants. it's 5'10" 150lbs, and women are 5'6" 120lbs. your scandi genetics are an exception and an inconvenience to you, KKK nordic supremacy rhetoric aside (protip: the most accomplished race of europeans in history is the anglo race, which sports the aforementioned averages)

5'10" 145lbs skelly here and me and all my anglo friends can fit in a BRZ with some compromising on the part of the front's inhabitants. but the seat behind the driver has to be occupied by a chick, no exceptions. i still consider the rear to be a cargo area that folds up to act as seats in a pinch more than actual seats. subaru fucked up by not having the rear seats firmly latch down so they could be more comfortably kept like that. they kind of bounce around.
>>
the toyobaru's biggest flaw is an arm rest being LHD spec only
>>
>>19281034
Not all, the current gen Tacoma was designed by Americans.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.