[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/o/ - Auto

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

If you won the lottery, would you stick to semi-affordable cars? I think I would, I don't want to advertise to the world how much money I have. Supercars are gaudy and attract the worst kind of attention.
>>
>>19567094
I'd get a first year r8 v8, convert it to rwd which is easy because the first gen has mechanical awd, and enjoy my mid engine v8 gaudy car for less than 35k
>>
I'd probably get something high end for a daily, but stick to my preferred modified cars for fun.
>>
I would buy a bunch of interesting shitboxes like hoovie
>>
File: 1449272283160.jpg (234 KB, 795x470)
234 KB
234 KB JPG
>>19567094
>win five hundred million dollars
>proceed to buy every $3k shitbox in the country
>crush them my newly bought car crusher
>post vids on youtube
Id also buy decent looking barn find and crush them as well. Id have a second channel where I destroy deloreans.
>>
I'd just hoard most of the money. It's far less of a burden than material posessions.
>>
>>19567144
based
>>
It depends on what kind of money we're talking here. If I won like 2 million then no I'm not gonna go buy a brand new SVJ. But if I had "fuck you money" then hell yeah I'd go buy something really obnoxious and arrogant.
>>
>>19567094
I'd like a super car in theory, but I'd hate getting approached by people everywhere asking about it, and everyone constantly looking at me on the road.
>>
I’d probably get a gt350 or hellcat/demon and call it a day. Perhaps a newer Jeep Wrangler or Cherokee for winters.
>>
File: 1520793962567.jpg (156 KB, 550x550)
156 KB
156 KB JPG
>>19567163
>everyone constantly looking at me
The insecure introvert curse.
>>
>>19567173
introverts aren't necessarily insecure.
>>
I would build a retarded sleeper out of the most bland generic car possible, maybe even a mini truck. Then eventually die doing dumb shit in it. Super cars and status symbols have never interested me.
>>
Fuck yeah I'd get some bitchin race cars, a big fuckin trailer, hire a crew, and go racin.
>>
>>19567094
i would get my current car resprayed & mechanically sorted out and keep using it as my daily, but i'd buy pic related in an instant
>>
File: i have vtec.png (137 KB, 387x384)
137 KB
137 KB PNG
I'd take my current shitbox and restore it to pristine like-new condition and keep driving it.
>>
>>19567094
If I win a lottery, I'd go as far to recieve the money in max anonymity. I don't even want my family knowing that I won.

I'd change my address, cities, possibly even countries.
Go there, act that I'm a self made millionaire, or an investor, etc.

Then, I'd buy my favorite cars to hoon around.
>>
>>19567099
>and enjoy my mid engine v8 gaudy car for less than 35k

the point of having millions is not being frugal on the things you enjoy. there are plenty of amazing RWD V8 cars you could buy brand new and fuck around with while enjoying that new car smell.
>>
>>19567173
Yes, when you drive a supercar down the road almost everyone is looking at you, what does this have to do with insecurity or introversion? Not everyone needs or likes constant attention.
>>
>>19567163
It's super awesome tho. I once test-drove my friend's dad's brightass yellow Ferrari 458 Spider and I was approached by an enthusiast, a girl asking to take her home(she was def not a prostitute. she was wearing a suit.) and an old man who asked me how much fuel economy I get from it.

Stopping at signal-lights were even more awesome because I could make out from my peripheral vision that I was getting a lot of looks and people picking up their phones in their cars to take a pic. Man, that day was stupid awesome and it made me feel how much more awesome you'd feel when you are a rich mofo. You definitely feel a great sense of ego when you drive it. It's that awesome.
>>
File: bugatti_eb110_ss_378.jpg (3.52 MB, 3872x2178)
3.52 MB
3.52 MB JPG
I'd probably buy a supercar, but nothing newer than this. Mostly sports, track and classics otherwise.
>>
File: 22_17.jpg (127 KB, 1200x675)
127 KB
127 KB JPG
>>19567094
i have a number of good quality but specialized vehicles for different tasks so i have some variety in my driving experience and wont need to compromise with some overpriced crossover mess.

1. high end luxury performance car for dailying/adventures, some kind of Aston Martin, Jag or Mercedes.

2. 1/2-3/4 ton truck for shitty weather, hauling shit or throwing a camper on. Probobly a comfy GMC model with all the boomer upgrades like a sunroof and power tailgate to style on all the tradesmen in the Home Depot parking lot.

3. Smart-Fourtwo Electric Cabriolet - cheap, efficient, worry-free runabout you can drop the top on when needed and perfect for short drives around town. you dont need 700hp or 10,000lb towing capacity to get groceries, just hop in your 80mph go kart with a 60 mile range. plus you'll get to use all those electric car parking spots at the front of the Whole Foods parking lot.

4. something weird to wrench on and take on Sunday cruises, like a kit car or JDM oddity.
>>
File: 1533355887013.jpg (148 KB, 1080x1080)
148 KB
148 KB JPG
Completely rebuild cars that actually look good with dumb V12 type bullshit
>>
>>19567094
>won the lottery
>I don't want to advertise to the world how much money I have.
As a +100 million lottery winner, you do NOT want others to know despite it being public record due to state law to prevent accusations of favoritism, winner fraud, etc. If you're a business owner, that's a different thing to show wealth.

In the past 4 decades I've loosely observed lottery winning announcements of big (+100M) winners, there have been at least two blackmail scams of which one was caught and the other the situation became public but the perps got away with the laundered money. By blackmail, this was not of relatives or acquaintances knowing adverse info, but of true 3rd party people who never knew the person previously. They set up situations in which to frame the victim and then extort money to be transferred offshore to be laundered and irretrievable.

Because of that, my state actually tells the winners to be careful. Last year had a number of big winners. One of them went to extremes to remain "unreachable" in person to the point where it was comical. However, no one blamed the person for being absurd due to the scammers out there.

>Supercars are gaudy
Stick to normal cars and solve your need to be "gaudy" in a positive way. Create one or more scholarships in the name of your parents or grandparents so that history will remember them.

It's the dream of good and great parents that their kids should rise above their parents. Some cultures don't support that, but normal american culture certainly does.
>>
File: images.jpg (12 KB, 299x169)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
Unironically get Tesla to build me an automatic electric semi truck for shits and giggles.. even though I think they are already doing that, but not for non-commercial.
>>
File: toughday.jpg (101 KB, 1280x720)
101 KB
101 KB JPG
>>19567189
>Then eventually die doing dumb shit in it.
Then you would be a person who lived life on your own terms and died like a man instead of as a beta or fearful or ssooyyboy. There are all kinds of men though. Heroic, great, philanthropic, instigators, builders, and of course foolish ones too. Your method is foolish. While manly, could you perhaps try to be one rung higher on the ladder of manliness with your aspirations?
>>
>>19567094
If I won the lottery, I wouldn't immediately waste it on expensive bullshit that becomes worthless within a week.
>>
>>19567357
luckily my state was one of the few that allows people to collect their winnings anonymously, the only people that know you won was the IRS collecting their share of the winnings.

the best way to get your lottery money is to get some lawyers and create a trust that can collect the winnings under its own name. then get a stable of jews together and have them take care of your money for the rest of your life.
>>
File: 00005756_main.jpg (400 KB, 1900x1080)
400 KB
400 KB JPG
Cars?!

People only pursue cars as a hobby because their finances and everyday routines keep them from greater things.
>>
>>19567094
I'd just spend $500 on a rifle and ammo to shoot >>19567144 and take his first car before he crushed it.
>>
I would put my money in the pockets of corrupt 3rd world politicians to bribe them into crushing my enemies.
>>
>>19567094
I'd stick to <50k on new models and still buy CPO. Mustang GT, Camaro, ES350, whatever. I'd also upgrade my Honda Shadow to a scout and accessorize it for light touring.
>>
>>19567438
>a tiny house that wobbles about
Wow, how prestigious. Have you got your private jet yet, Mr. Millionaire?
>>
>>19567144
Based.
>>
>buy small house with 2 door garage a little outside a nice coastal city
>nice mid-size truck/SUV for poor weather days and maybe off roading
>cool (but not "I am the 0.1%") car for nice weather and track, like a Viper T/A or M2 CS or F-Type SVR
>save the rest of my money for pursuing my dreams or going on trips
I don't want a lot of stuff
>>
>Buy a heavily tuned R32
>Also buy an old 90's VCR Camera Recorder
>Make mysterious videos of late-night top speed runs and upload them to Youtube.
>Repeat until it catches on they're newly made
>Do the same with a tuned GSX-R1100
>>
File: t-thanks CO2 taxes.png (398 KB, 1173x790)
398 KB
398 KB PNG
>>19567286
> plenty of amazing RWD V8 cars you could buy brand new
Not where I live unfortunately. I'd import the r8 v8 from Germany though. I'd pay 105 euros in import taxes for a first year r8 v8
>>
>>19567487
Do you at least get to buy Teslas at a cheaper price than other countries?
>>
File: 20180720_134743.jpg (544 KB, 1164x1440)
544 KB
544 KB JPG
>>19567201
this
>>
>>19567487
>this is 39k in Canada
What the hell mang
>>
File: 15-08-MOR-337.jpg (345 KB, 1280x852)
345 KB
345 KB JPG
>>19567458
Yeah, sailing is only one of modern civilization's oldest and most prestigious activities, in fact forming the foundation for the global expanse of civilization, without which spreading western human development and elevating western socities to great wealth would never even have been possible.

Meanwhile you think you're enlightened and liberated by obsessing over a pollution nightmare that's been planted in western culture in only the last 70 years in conjunction with retarded suburban housing schemes in order to make a few people a lot of money and make the rest of society dependent on fossil resources and expensive infrastructure.

Your picture usage is alarmingly ironic because you're actually the dumb goy who fell for the tricks.

Sorry to say this, but once you look beyond the singular car or the singular car owner and start looking at the grand scheme of things cars are complete dog shit.
>>
A nice e class or s class or porsche desu
>>
>>19567479
>watches le smoku nagutu once
>>
>>19567479
>not getting smokey prosthetic mask
allmost
>>
>>19567490
the base 75 kwh model s is 89.720 euros, the ''premium 100 kwh'' model s is 112.770, the ''performance 100 kwh'' is 150.220. idk what they cost elsewhere but the base model seems quite cheap compared to other countries
>>
If you have that kind of money but don't want attention just get a Aston Martin or a S class AMG
>>
>>19567579
modern Mercs are kind of weird like that, they are known for being expensive luxury cars but there are so many models now (some starting at less than $30k) that all look similar that people just see them as "generic expensive car". most people wont differentiate between their dentist's leased E Class and a $200,000+ AMG S Class couple.

the GT63S is priced around $215,000 at german dealers which is more expensive than anything coming out of Japan or America and well into Lambo money but a lot of people will just look at it as another luxury sedan on the road.
>>
>>19567515
BASED!
>>
>>19567515
Boats are cool, but you posted the wrong one
>>
>>19567651
Motorboats are brainlet cancer in the same way mass cars ownership is.
>>
>>19567651
Aston Martin is building boats, submarines, VTOL aircraft and apartment highrises for its most distinguishing customers now.
>>
>>19567099
Noice. Those V8 R8s sound absolutely glorious.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (211 KB, 1280x720)
211 KB
211 KB JPG
First thing I'd do is buy a warehouse or a piece of land, modfiy/build a large garage with live in quarters with all amenities of a normal modern house, central heating, double glaze, living room, kitchen, bathroom, garden, etc

As far as cars go, I have a few favorites but my grail would ultimately be a 540K.
>>
File: 4548979.jpg (171 KB, 1400x933)
171 KB
171 KB JPG
I'd get a fully bespoke BMW Individual M760Li.
>>
>Buy AE86
>Supe up the shit out of it
>Go drifting
>Crash
>Die
>>
I'd get 911 4s cabriolet and drive it every day and not worry about the miles.
>>
I would buy a large garage in a nice part of town, and fill it with rare cars, new and old, fast and slow, ugly and beautiful. Think Jay Leno, but better. After amassing a beautiful collection and gaining the reputation as a trusted collector, I would finish my collection off by burning the fucking place down for the insurance money.

Little did the other "collectors" (and my insurance company) know, every car I had was a replica. I take the insurance money and end up with more than I started with.

They never expect an ulterior motive.
>>
I'd probably buy like a GTR, Corvette, or Lotus to dd. Something in the 90-120k range. Not neccesarily screaming wealth, just debt.
>>
>>19567210
based
>>
I would offer Honda $50 million to build a new S2000.
Use the engine from the Civic Type R (it's 2L, so the name still fits).
Base the body on the S660, just stretched out.

Make two models: S2000 and S2000T. Same engine but one turbo and one NA.
>>
>>19567094
I would buy supercars but only take them to the track
>>
>>19567094
If we're talking powerball and I won like $500 million yes and no. I would pour at least $30k into my old Lincoln Town Car to have it be perfectly functional and pristine in every way. It might be a daily driver maybe not.

But really I would buy a Rolls Royce Phantom. I would drive it everywhere.
>>
>>19567397
Tesla Semi
0-60 in 5 seconds
Tesla is based
>>
i would import a mint condition gen 1 twingo to the us and spend the rest on amp energy drinks
>>
>>19567906
this is an image board for white men you know
>>
File: IMG_4378.jpg (299 KB, 1600x1064)
299 KB
299 KB JPG
I don't play the lottery but it realy depends on how much I won. I assume you're talking about a huge jackpot.

I would really be interested in real estate and starting a small media firm than buying Autos. But let's say I did that and had good cash flow.

I would buy a daily driver something like a Honda Accord, nothing special. I would buy a 70s Mercedes or an 80s BMW and restore them to concours condition. I also would get an exotic, probably a Lamborghini Gallardo LP520-4 with custom exhaust and a gated shifter. Of course there are faster and rarer cars but that's what I would do now. Maybe a motorcycle too.
>>
I doubt I'd buy anything over maybe $150k no matter how much money I had.
Probably something like a 911 GT3, Corvette ZR1, or M6.
>>
>>19567299
>You definitely feel a great sense of ego when you drive it. It's that awesome.
Some people don't need or want that.
>>
>>19567094
I'd drive an absolute shitbox. Something that has been hit a few times and looks a little bad but drives fine.
>But anon money is no object
Nobody would suspect you have any money and would do their best to avoid you on the road.
>>
>>19567094
Depends. Less than 20 million take home. I wouldn't buy a car over $100k and even that is pushing it. I'd rather just buy a couple cool cars that are cheaper.

Over $100 million. I would spend up to $1million on cars total. Then, I would set an investment/return budget for more cars. IE: "If I make this much return, I can buy cars/bikes up to this much."
>>
File: singer-911.jpg (447 KB, 1000x666)
447 KB
447 KB JPG
>>19567094
Classic cars for sure aka shitboxes to normie eyes.

>>19567144
Would prefer to save and restore shitboxes and build a business around it. Singer 3k Civics here I come.
>>
>>19567094
depends entirely on how much i won
if it was hundreds of millions i'd probably get 1 McLaren because i like McLaren but everything else would be pretty normal, stuff like a new PP mustang GT and an old chevelle
if it was a smaller amount i'd just get the normal cars i mentioned
i'd also buy a new boring car like a honda accord to use as a DD/bad weather shitbox/dgaf about parking it in random parking lots car
>>
>>19567479
>>Repeat until it catches on they're newly made
so a couple min into the first video when people see new cars
you retarded weeb
>>
>>19567094
I could see getting a TVR, but I'd stay clear of luxury or exotic cars.
>>
>>19567094
I would buy a house with a three car garage.

I would be a C7 Z06 in Red with Black Wheels

A Shelby GT350

And a Hellcat Charger to daily. Charger would be in the driveway, the Shelby and Vette would be in the garage. That gives me one bay for a project foxbody.
>>
>>19567210
Ya I would want a 722 SLR. Fucking sexy as fuck. No other Mercedes comes even close to this thing.
>>
>>19567875
yeah add another 0 and they might consider it
>>
>>19568360
>TVR
good call, their new car is sex
>>
File: IMG_4650.jpg (1.14 MB, 4032x3024)
1.14 MB
1.14 MB JPG
>>19568335
McLarens are pretty nice vehicles. From the F1 to newest models.
>>
>>19568388
>even TVRs have meme-wheels now
>>
>>19568403
yeah the F1 is my dream car but unless i suddenly have a billion dollars it'll be unobtainable to me
something like a 570 or 600lt would be awesome though
or even a 650 or 675 if i could find a new one
>>
I'd buy the following.

R32 GTR
Suzuki Cappuchino
Forester STI
and maybe a few others.
>>
>>19567094
I wouldn't go for supercars if I won the lottery, but I would snap up a couple understated luxury cars. Shit like a loaded E-Class wagon, Alfa Romeo Giulia QV, or an M6. Maybe an R8 or an NSX (or both) but those are the flashiest cars I'd drive.
I'd also buy an obscene amount of old classics and hire a staff to maintain them all, Jay Leno style, so you probably shouldn't listen to anything I have to say.
>>
File: IMG_4293.jpg (215 KB, 1024x768)
215 KB
215 KB JPG
>>19568494
The McLaren F1 has always been near unobtanium but now it's just unobtainable and you'll never be able to buy one.
>>
I'd get a 2003-2007 Volvo and a new Tacoma or F-150 with a big trailer. Maybe get a shitbox Saab too.
>>
File: IMG_4758.jpg (143 KB, 960x520)
143 KB
143 KB JPG
>>19568751
The new S60 is nice.
>>
>>19567094
I would buy:

Lexus ES 350 for daily driving
Pontiac G8 GXP for summer driving
C3 corvette, turn into streetable drag car
BMW 2002, turn into a 2002 turbo replica with a more modern BMW 4-banger turbo motor
Any Lamborghini for my living room to stare at

And any junk I see that looks like fun
>>
>>19568799
New cars look so weird to me.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (131 KB, 1280x720)
131 KB
131 KB JPG
>>19567094
I would get
>Continental Mk. V with a Tesla battery swap
>2016 Viper ACR in crazy plum
>1984 Camaro Berlinetta with an lsx and an overhauled suspension
>Mercedes SLS AMG Blacked edition
>De Tomaso Pantera from the initial production run
>1969 Dodge Charger, baby blue
>C2 Corvette Grand Sport #4
>BMW E36 M3
>HSV Maloo Ute
>1964 Pontiac Laurentian
>1968 Pontiac GTO Judge
>>
>>19567094
I'd probably buy a used porsche and start adding expensive tooling to my garage (air compressor and air tools, lift, engine hoist)

I have a canadian friend who swears by his as a winter DD. He just raises it a little in his garage with a custom setup he had fabricated and takes the handling hit because you don't go very fast in the winter anyways.
>>
Depends on the amount ,if it was Powerball tier money I'd hoard cars. Every single Ferrari and Lamborghini special edition car, manual M cars and a fully bespoke Phantom.
>>
>>19567479
based
>>
>>19568879
You would go fucking broke. Your collection would end up like the Sultan of Brunei's. Maintenance, insurance, storage also to mention there is a bubble going on right now.
>>
>>19567515
wait, don't yachts/sailboats all have engines too to get in and out of slip and to cruise when you don't want to monkey with the sails?

sidebar: how do you get into sailing later in life? like, who tf would teach me
>>
>>19568856
>Tesla battery swap
>crazy plum
>Blacked edition
>>1969 Dodge Charger, baby blue
>>1968 Pontiac GTO Judge
can you get any more boomer
>>
>>19568856
I like you
>>
>>19567094
$100m in Aus powerball next thursday. My garage is already planned.
LS500 for daily
911 Turbo S for Saturday
812 Superfast for Sunday
1969 Mark 3 Lincoln for TTBB project
Skoda Superb wagon for carting the dogs around.
Shitbox for wifey.
Find a flaw.
>>
>>19568989
>having a wife
found it
>>
>>19568998
incel detected
>>
File: sunset.png (371 KB, 1500x839)
371 KB
371 KB PNG
>>19568946
no

zoomers and boomers are twinned souls in different vestiges
>>
The cars I'd get isn't too important to me. I'd use the money to move to a place with roads I can actually have fun on.

But yeah, I'd totally have every Mazdaspeed car and an RX-7 with a grenade for an engine.
>>
>>19567094
Wouldn't buy super expensive hyper cars since I really don't like them.
Prolly the following
>Maserati Gran Turismo and soup it up so it's not shit as a DD
> R32 GTR V-Spec II as fun car for when I want something different
>2 NA MX-5s, one to restomod into a perfect modern car, and one to convert into a replica of the MX-5 Coupe concept.

Probably some other shit as well for funzies
>>
>>19567094
Sort of. I'd definitely but some old broken down classics and get them restored for 30 or 40 thousand a piece, then I'd buy a few low mileage 90's models and daily them. Of course I'd have a huge garage built and a house to live in. I would definitely never buy a "look how fucking rich I am" car like a ferrari or a rolls royce, though. You'd see me cruising around in something like pic related.
>>
>>19569028
nah nigga, just a faggot
>>
>>19569028
Getting married isn't necessary for a healthy relationship. It's just a tradition that a lot of people still hold on to.
>>
>>19567144
>Id have a second channel where I destroy deloreans

Doing gods work
>>
>>19567094
get a Land Cruiser its the most subtle bigboi money car
>>
I'd buy a Jag XJ6 and put a 2jz in it (or similarly sized dumb power engine) and then make it a Bond car with the ejector seat and smgs in the arches
>>
>>19567144
I like meme deloreans but you are doing gods work.
>>
>>19568856
You are a scholar and possibly a gentleman.
>>
>>19567487
what the fuck? has a single person ever bought a mustang GT over there for that price?
>>
I want to get a first generation mustang mach 1 and a corvette, drive them to cars and coffees, and when the boomers crowd around to snap pictures and cum in their khakis, I pop open the hood to show that I have a boosted k20 in it
>>
>>19567515
best post in thread

>>19568920
sailboats have small engines as back up safety devices and for trawling around tight harbors.
join a yacht club and get your watercraft license. its an actual skill that you have to get good at and will probably need a crew of at least 3 or 4 if its a craft of any moderate size and you are serious about this as a hobby.
>>
>>19567094
fuck no, id buy the rarest, most tightly controlled car like enzo or whatever the now equiv is and fight tooth and nail for right to own and right to repair

then i'd monster garage it and install a waterfall to rub it in after i win
>>
id pull a jay leno and just buy a massive garage and fill it with various interesting cars one for every daily mood and pay my own mechanics to maintain the ones that sit for awhile
>>
>>19567094
My friends don't live in places where I'd want to park a 250K plus car. Now, parking a 50-85K car, that's the norm for those areas.
>>
>>19568856
>continental tesla battery swap
I see you are a man of culture as well
>>
File: 8jkukgakvq801.jpg (371 KB, 3072x2048)
371 KB
371 KB JPG
>>19567438
>needing to pretend to be special cause water

try a mostly vacuum, mostly fag

fucking idiot thinks exploring is finished

i'd buy a space travelling damn human sustaining huge pod and go for it

if i dont orbit jupiter to escape this shithole system i failed
>>
>>19569263
that would be funny but ferrari would never ever allow that to happen. even with all the money in the world.
>>
File: 1510361151884.jpg (146 KB, 1252x1252)
146 KB
146 KB JPG
>>19569288
lmao, thinking some hedge-fund owned corp cares about anything at that level
>>
File: 1510099654933.jpg (104 KB, 872x685)
104 KB
104 KB JPG
>>19567809

god damn that thing is fuck ugly
>>
>>19568856
>>19569280
>But only if it's the Pucci edition with a vanity plate that reads "BOI"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hv58dt7X6Ys
>>
>>19569298
you have absolutely no idea how far ferrari has their own head up their ass. they already tried to sue deadmau5 for just removing the badge on some random ferrari causing him to just sell the car. the amount of pretentiousness you will have to deal with to achieve your goal is on a whole new level
>>
>>19567094
I would put a Chevy 572 in a K5 Blazer.
>>
>>19569285
I like your photo but I don't understand it. Can you explain what I'm seeing, please?
>>
I would get a 2zz lotus elise because poofta plate laws.
>>
I'd buy whatever I want, but I wouldn't go 'for a drive' and literally just circle the CBD for 4 hours, revving it at every stoplight. That's for literal faggots.
>>
File: fiat124d.jpg (162 KB, 800x532)
162 KB
162 KB JPG
>>19567094
I'd buy a shitload of older cars I love but I think are overpriced and can't justify buying atm. Outside of making a few property investments for my kids.
>>
>>19569315
Nah man, Bill Blass through and through. It was the car I drove to prom and I'd like it again, but with a twist
>>
>>19568989
good luck man i think half the people in the country will be going for that
>>
File: 1976_Eldo.jpg (676 KB, 1600x1200)
676 KB
676 KB JPG
I'd buy another GTI and a 1976 Eldorado.
>>
Yes, why would I change my lifestyle for a temporary pile of money? Yoou can't afford a high end supercar for very long even with lottery winnings, there's no money coming in
>>
>>19569627
>near the water
natural location for a yacht
>>
>>19569627
you could keep the GTI in the trunk instead of a spare tire
>>
If we’re talking 100M dollar winnings id buy myself a nice comfy good size home with a studio bc my friends are musicians. Get my parents their dream home and my dad the 71 Chevelle SS he’s always wanted
Fix my current car and fully tune it the way I want it to
Buy a raptor truck for gf
Hellcat Charger as a daily
R35 for track
73 camaro Z28 for weekend cruises
And either an R32 or S15 Silvia as my classic jap car
>>
I'd own a fleet of cars from the 70s
>>
One of these suckers. So much damn fun, not too conspicuous and I wouldn't care about the repair costs and other shit.
>>
>>19568369
>clk-gtr
>>
>>19567094
I'd buy all the affordable cars I wanted
>honda cibbiku shingo edition
>toyota MR2 AW11
>mitsubishi lan-evo (gen not specified)
>mazda rx-7 fd
daily driver would probably be a volvo car since I care about my safety, I'd rip out the infotainment system though
>>
>>19567094
I'd buy a collection of mini cars. Mini Coopers, Smart, Beetles, Studebakers, maybe an old Triumph Spitfire.

And I would deck them out like those custom Lambos in Tokyo. Rainbow mirror wraps, flashing lights everywhere, EL-wire interriors, huge wings, the works.

The only supercars that really interest me are Lotuses and Porsches.
>>
File: RZRS1K_10IMG_5169.jpg (906 KB, 1200x800)
906 KB
906 KB JPG
>>19567094

Would probably get Tesla as daily and Polaris RZR for weekends.

I assume my interest would shift away from cars with that kind of money.
>>
I'd put Tesla batteries and motor in my old BMW shitbox. I wouldn't even repair scratches.
Purely to make people upset.
>>
File: 1530845943449.jpg (275 KB, 882x1280)
275 KB
275 KB JPG
>>19567094
id have a hangar of shitboxes I love
like jay leno, but more like a hipster on a budget. shit from the 60s till now, but weird, rare, and just straight up survivor and rescue cars.
most expensive might be a lambo like a murcielago since they were my favorite childhood car, but I like the older ones way more.
that and id want a plum crazy 70 challenger, and Id buy my dad a 69 roadrunner
>>
I'd fix my Miata na and put some better guts like a stronger diff, 6 gear transmission and an ebay-turbo. Also get some comfy daily like a Brera.
>>
File: 1520802388543.jpg (279 KB, 2000x1414)
279 KB
279 KB JPG
>>19570558
oh, forgot a 2019 MX5 RF loaded. thatd be the only new car
and id try to track down a 2011 saab 9-5 wagon to buy along with a shitload of old cool saabs
9000 aero, 900 spg, 9-3 viggen, 9-5 gripen, and an old 96 for the fuck of it, preferably all in manual like the swedes intended.
>>
File: M29-slider-5.jpg (172 KB, 1900x800)
172 KB
172 KB JPG
>>19569258
>and will probably need a crew of at least 3 or 4 if its a craft of any moderate size and you are serious about this as a hobby
Meh, people pilot sailboats up to 60 ft long around the world "single handedly". Absolutely possible if you know what you're doing and the boat is prepared for it. It's fucking tough though because when you sail across an ocean alone you can only take one hour power naps before getting back up and checking the course and radar. If you wanna sail by yourself you better get a small daysailer or weekender that you can tow to a lake or something. And smaller boats are better for beginners anyway. You don't need a big, fancy or even pretty boat to have fun on the water.
>>
>>19567094
I might have some gaudy cars for when I felt like putting on an expensive saville row suit and cruising around. Mostly, I'd have a bunch of different shitbox sleepers and classical cars, though. I might also get some fancy suits for when I wanted to wrench in style.
I wonder how well italian silk soaks oil.
Having some special projects like >>19567099 would also be on the list.
>>
I'd buy an Evora or something similar as a weekend car and a mid-level nicely specced saloon for a daily. I don't think I'd go for a Lambo or a Ferrari unless I had ridiculous fuck you money
>>
Huracan
4Runner
Golf R
>>
>>19567094
I lost interest in Supercars a long time ago. I might buy one, but in all honesty, I’d probably just have a fleet of modified shitboxes
>>
>>19567094
I would buy Audi Quttro sport s1 and a civic
>>
>>19567809
Eww, looks so niggerish.
>>
>>19567094

I'd use the money on projects. I've got no interest in supercars, generally speaking. If any, I would want a Viper, but that doesn't scream money to people. I do want some older classics (mainly old Mopars and a 240Z), but they aren't gaudy unless you go the gay ass Chip Foose route to modification.
>>
>>19567094
i would buy all the not so obvious rarities like for instance a civic type-r EK9
>>
>>19567094
>ruf and tvr deathtraps
>never drive them
>brag about owning them on /o/
>>
>>19567809
Does it come with prayer mats?
>>
>>19570736

It's how poor people portray aesthetics.
>>
Get some track toy that's lighter and more powerful than the miata, then sell my boiracer daily and get a slightly used BMW i3
>>
>>19567094
I'd probably collect classic and old as fuck cars, and have a high end bmw or Merc as a daily.
>>
I'd buy a lancia stratos, only supercar I'd ever want.
>>
All my friends from home are snobby old money rich kids so I’d probably get something super gaudy like a white AMG Benz truck on some slightly tacky rims just to be an eyesore. Other than that yeah I’d probably just own a bunch of built 90s Toyotas.
>>
L F A
F
A
>>
>>19567094

I'd do absolutely stupid shit to trigger car communities

> Strip the 12v Cummins from an old, flawless condition Ram, swap in a rotary
> Stretch the front of a Miata, swap in a Viper v10
> Swap the old rundown Miata engine into the Viper
>Mid engine Corvettes, one of every production year
>Convert famous RWD layouts to FWD
>>
>>19572471
Actually, I kind of like the V10 miata idea
>>
File: 1532374580377.jpg (91 KB, 500x372)
91 KB
91 KB JPG
>>19568989
>winning $100m
>having a wife
Enjoy your $50m and being devorce raped
>>
Think I'd buy a BMW 7-Series, Porsche 911 and a couple of track toys (or try to become the next Vadim Kogay)
>>
I would have a garage full of shitboxes
but I already have that so i guess i have already won the lottery

Would probably buy a M2 bmw and would buy a McLaren 12c as well

Currently eying an air cooled 911 or a 65 or 66 slabside cadilliac deville

Current shitboxes i own

rwd corolla wagon
fwd corolla wagon
supra turbo
528i
c5
s600 biturbo v12
firebird dragcar
cheby truck
vw sandrail
>>
I’d stick to what I have. Ford Edge AWD Titanium as daily driver.

A new Mustang GT premium with performance package and Magna ride with a manual would be my toy purchase.

Ford GT because reasons but that’s a prestige piece and a garage queen.

I also want a 55’ Thunderbird convertible as a classic.

Yes, I’m a Ford fanboy. Fight me.
>>
>>19567094
I'd get a 70's model Aston Martin V8.
>>
>>19567438
You don't own a boat, do u anon?
>>
File: FaceApp_1532628058739.jpg (208 KB, 1200x810)
208 KB
208 KB JPG
>>19567144
>>
I wouldn't spend it at all desu, other than maybe buying a new used motorcycle.

Got a car that works, don't need anything more than that and a bike desu.
>>
Jag xjr (x350) but retrofit the bloody amazing zf8 gearbox or Citroën C5 with all hints of french electronics and drivetrain replaced and made rwd/awd

Range rover 4x4 for when you may need it

Lotus elise/vx220 or a TVR to remember when driving was fun

Triumph Stag maintained forever
>>
I'd tell those guys in NZ to make me 12 Lancia 037s with all my favorite engines inside
>>
Just saying, if I won a shitton of shekels from the lottery, there would be vehicles on the list but it wouldn't be fast little supercars. What's the point, when half the roads I drive don't even have any place to pass everyone in slower cars? No, I want a big fuckyoumobile. So I'll tell you what, I'll go find a dealer, and I'll get the biggest, meanest goddamn truck I can find, with gigantic mud tires, something that gets three miles to the gallon highway, two city, warms the planet enough to kill a polar bear every time it turns on, and can tow a goddamn house behind it. And I'll get it with an all-leather interior, and bright-ass lights that are high-beaming you even when they aren't, and a bull bar up front for helping me run over Bambi's mother right in front of the little shit, and I'll have window decals of that kid pissing on the gay pride flag and a guy aiming an AR-15 right at the Democratic Party's jackass mascot, a bumper sticker of the Fourteen Words, and a big ol' pair of truck nuts.
>>
They say people who win the lottery usually blow it all in 1-2 years, and seeing the responses ITT I can see exactly how.

Winning 30, 40, 50 million doesn't mean that you can just buy anything you want.
>>
>>19567487
Can you please stop whining about the price of the dutch mustang gt? just import one yourself and shut up fucking crybaby. I see this shit every week on /o/
>>
>>19567094
id probably end up getting an f90 m5 and calling it a day
expensive enough to turn some heads but not look like a rich twat, fun enough to hoon on the week ends, practical enough to daily and 4 doors which is a nice edition
wish it was a bit lighter though, i know the m5 has never been the lightest of cars but 1.8 tons is heavier than a Nissan GT-R
>>
File: tAVlk8L.jpg (85 KB, 1600x900)
85 KB
85 KB JPG
>>19575234
sperg more
>>
>>19571714
what cars do they drive?
>>
I would stick to semi affordable cars, the most I would get for myself would be at the most a 370z, so anything below that price range of a 370z, id still stick to having a used daily driver and I probably wouldn't quit my day job
>>
>>19574835
inb4 THE DAY YOU BUY IT AND THE DAY YOU SELL IT
>>
My dream car is a 991.2 GT3, so I'd probably just buy that, it's not too flash, the rest of the money I'd put into property.

I'm not too far away from one now, maybe in 5 years or so. Will have to be used though, my buying profile isn't high enough with Porsche.
>>
I'd have plenty of toys and live where there's no need to hide them. The point of being rich is to escape those who ain't.
>>
>>19575234
>just import one yourself
And pay even more?
>>
>>19567094
911 gt3rs for the track and a used s class for daily /thread no man more needs anything more in life
>>
>>19568433
>swaps them for based OZ
shh nothing personel nigel
>>
File: mclaren_f1_6.jpg (3.87 MB, 3984x2241)
3.87 MB
3.87 MB JPG
>Wake up at 10AM
>Drink a $500 bottle of wine for breakfast
>Drunk drive my 250 SWB up and down the 1.5 mile driveway of my country estate until it's time for a liquid lunch
>Finish a magnum of Armand de Brignac
>Take my 3000hp Cigarette S15 out on the lake
>Return in time to do repeated launches of my Chiron on gravel in front of my house as the butler tries to call me in for supper
>I only listen to him once he tells me dinner is a bottle of 1992 Screaming Eagle and Kobe Steak
>Finish the evening with a high speed fun in my McLaren F1 on my runway, the fun part is trying not to black out.
>>
I’m not a lottery winner, but I did inherit a vast amount and this included more than a few racing/historically notable cars. I’ve since added to this collection.

The last new car I bought was a Range Rover, which I had delivered in February. I considered treating myself to a hypercar but despite being a massive enthusiast, I don’t really like spending money on new cars. If something pops up that I’m interested in I’ll make a bid or buy directly, but this is a rare thing.
>>
>>19567099
Pretty sure the R8 never had mechanical AWD, but the transmission from a Gallardo LP550-2 would probably work.
>>
>>19576254
Righto champ
>>
>>19567094
> buy Porsche 911
> save the rest for future badass cars
>>
>>19576254
just buy v8 ford gt
>>
>>19567094
I would unironically get a tan 90s Honda Civic sedan with a few $k in mods.
>>
Probably just buy a Audi RS6 because its fast and still comfy.
>>
>>
What is it about the lottery that appeals to retards?
>>
I'd be happier with a multi-car garage and like 3 or so cars, each with their own purpose. A super comfy land barge cruiser that feels like I'm driving on clouds, a pure performance oriented track car with no rear seats, full cage, etc. And then some sort of weekend car with a bit of punch to it.

I'd probably get bored if all my cars were super high end vehicles and I had nothing to wrench on. If I were stupid money rich, you don't have to work anymore, so you have plenty of time to work on shit and work on it the right way. Stress free because you don't have to worry if the car will be road worthy by Monday so you can get to work.
>>
>>19576267
https://www.r8talk.com/forums/6-performance-modifications/109857-rwd-conversion-done.html
>>
I'd say fuck logic and DD a restored duece and a half
>>
File: 90083lemans.jpg (2.46 MB, 3543x2362)
2.46 MB
2.46 MB JPG
I would get one of those H1 v8s and put it in a lotus elise. Its a high revving flat crank small v8 made from 2 hyabusa motorcycle engines put together. Also a Lola t70 replica and various other retarded race cars that really shouldn't be on the street. And pic related.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fC0oJLZq1TU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfiO_Wkf9-s&t=572s
>>
>>19575210
>They say people who win the lottery usually blow it all in 1-2 years
No they don't. Two separate winners in my state died under mysterious circumstances. I guess people wanted to inherit the money sooner.
>>
File: mark5.jpg (792 KB, 2048x1536)
792 KB
792 KB JPG
I'd get a fully restored mark 5, it would interesting to see the reaction of people that a rich person would willingly choose to drive an old car and it would stand out so much parking near a new 7 series etc.
>>
>>19567094
>attract the worst kind of attention.
Yes, the female attention. I wouldn't want to be associated with them cunts either.
>>
>>19579579
I drove one for two years, in that color

trust me, it stands out even among rich bitch cars
>>
>>19567094
Would use a large sum of money doing unholy things to a 1993 Nissan Skyline GTR to daily.
>>
i'd probably end up owning a few expensive cars but as a daily i'd stick to whatever is practical. maybe just a hot hatch or something. i would love to own a F1 and even more so a MC12. maybe a CLK GTR too. but i'll never even come close to having that kind of money.
>>
>>19575210
most people who win $5 million or less burn through the money in year or two, they arnt used to living that kind of lifestyle and end up broke and going back to their old jobs and old lives once the party is over.

with the big lottery jackpots you see these days its actually quite difficult to spend that much money quickly, it helps that people are more aware of the dangers of coming into that kind of money so quickly. most jackpots are collected anonymously through LLCs and Trusts so people dont reveal their identities and there are a number of financial adviser firms that specialize in getting people's lives restructured to handle winning the lottery. its a niche cottage industry but people still play the game every week and state lottery commissions arnt going anywhere.

>>19577441
instant gratification that requires very little long term planning. do you want to spend the next 30 years of your life slaving to build a business empire or suddenly receive $100 million cash after buying a $2 ticket at a gas station?
>>
>>19567460
my man, same things I would do.
>>
If I won non-trivial millions of lottery money, I would stick it all in a fund somewhere and live comfortably off of the interest.

The only thing I'd buy is an old trukk for <10k to be my project.
>>
>>19579579
Those things scream luxury in the same way McMansions scream wealth - they don't.
>>
>>19579579
>LARPing as the worst type of Boomer
>>
>>19567094
Would just buy a bunch of shitboxes I like. Once a poorfag always a poorfag. Plus I wouldn’t get caught dead in a fuckass Lamborghini or anything remotely homosexually upperclass.
>>
>>19575194
God bless America
>>
>>19577441
it's the money part
>>
>>19580496
shoving it all in a fund is just a waste, when you start getting into the 9-figures that becomes generational wealth; put half of the money in a dark corner and spend the rest living your life to its fullest.

there will be plenty waiting for you when you retire and your children when you die.
>>
File: 14307380665.jpg (21 KB, 500x500)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
>>19567515
>>
>>19580525
That poorfag thinking would last about 10 seconds.
>>
File: clk gtr.jpg (50 KB, 610x367)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
This because it will always be cool.

If you buy a 2018 Lambo, the next year you will need to buy a 2019 Lambo, otherwise you'll be seen as pleb-tier rich dude.

But my daily "driven" would be a S600 or something.
Shit on me as much as you want, but I'd ride back seat while I sip expensive malt and shitpost about it here.
>>
>>19567117
This. It would be Like Jay Leno's Garage except filled with the mintest motherfucking used Buicks I could find.
>>
>>19580777
I find it hard to argue with your trips, but honestly I'm probably not gonna have kids. If I decide it's okay to spend some of it I'm probably going to spend more of it than I can afford to and end up like all of the other lottery winners who go bankrupt and get wrecked. And that's the last thing I want to do.

I don't have any ambitions, I don't really want to start a company or try to CHANGE DA WURL or anything like that. I'd just fuck it up. Even at 2% interest I would be able to live beyond my wildest dreams.

Honestly, the biggest expenditures will probably be doling out small chunks to friends who need it a lot more than I do. And then regretting doing so because it will ruin them, but that's how things work in real life.
>>
>>19579579
Fuck yeah it would stand out. You'd have the nicest looking car in whatever lot you parked it in.
>>
>>19578536
>H1 v8s
Truly a cultured man of refined tastes. Their website mentions the H1 maxi production starts the 2nd quarter of '18. Standard displacement sizes of 3.3L NA or 3.1L tarbo, with a few optional displacements. 96 kg dry. 10k rpm. up to 520 hp and 280 lb/ft or whatever the fuck those obsolete units are. When the first batch of productions are made and other machine shops have made similar bottom ends and cranks, the hayabusa blocks will truly become the next 4A-GE blocks in the way that those are being hoarded right now
>>
>>19567173
i feel bad when people dont look at me, i m like a slut but car related
>>
File: mercedes-190-evo2-ftq_0.jpg (685 KB, 3606x1847)
685 KB
685 KB JPG
>>19567094
I'd probably buy myself pic related because its my dream car and a R32 for a daily
the rest i'd just save up
>>
>>19576188
you forgot one part
>goes bankrupt in a year
>>
>>19580850
https://www.maseratifl.com/used/MERCEDES-BENZ/2000-MERCEDES-BENZ-AMG+CLK+GTR-Fort+Lauderdale-18de0df20a0a00de00438935560b8f73.htm
>>
>>19567094
Just get a cheap hoverboard and live out in the country. You will get the exact same amout of attention as you would owning a supercar, Im not even joking.
>>
>>19567438
> /o/ - Auto
>>
>>19581318
>thought experiments must be on topic
>>
>>19567094
>semi-affordable cars
Every car is an affordable car when you're worth 9 figures.
>>
>>19579579
>the reaction of people that a rich person would willingly choose to drive an old car
Except they wouldn't realize you were rich.
womp womp
>>
>>19581348
This is true, but they also wouldn't think you were poor either because a restored mark v would be worth several thousand dollars or would cost that to have it restored.
>>
>>19569390
What you're seeing is an open shutter photo of a rocket launch. You can see it lift off, then discard its first stage and make a turn to gain horizontal velocity to achieve orbit.
>>
>>19581547
They'd assume you inherited it from your grandfather.
>>
>>19581547
SEVERAL THOUSAND DOLLARS?!? THIS MAN MUST BE MADE OF MONEY!!
>>
>>19581623
Not what I said at any point in my post. Not even close.
>>
>>19581623
LMAO THAT GUY HAD 9000 DOLLARS TO SPARE FOR RESTORING HIS OLD CAR?!? HE MUST BE NEARLY HOMELESS!!
>>
File: homerlaughing.gif (758 KB, 320x240)
758 KB
758 KB GIF
>>
>there are people ITT who'd rather buy the latest run-of-the-mill mid engine exotic rather than a full blown singer
Peasants.
>>
>>19567094
bmw m2 probably, not crazy expensive and looks fun as hell
>>
>>19582446
>singer
Not everyone is underageb& or a hipster.
>>
File: I love coupes.jpg (76 KB, 757x505)
76 KB
76 KB JPG
>>19567094
I'd build out my collection of old bimmers
>>
>>19567094
depends on how much from the lottery...

>>500-1000 another shitbox to add to collection
>>2000-20k new or near new car
>>40k+ buying a bigger house, build a car with FUCK YOU money

build a car he says? yes old rolls royce take to garage take out all mechanicals. call sonny leonard order a engine. place in rolls with full airbag set up get some big brakes and big ass nig nog wheels why? because fuck you.
>>
>>19567094
300hp inline 3 geo metro
>>
I wouldn't be a faggot. I would have a great track day car, maybe an old 360 challenge car. And then id lease a Camry or something as my daily driver with a Miata as a back yard car to work on.
>>
>>19567094

Singer level restorations of 93 civic hatchbacks.
>>
>>19582568
https://youtu.be/t2jKtqU9od0
>>
What is a car that drives and feels like 100k+ but gets about as much attention as a Corolla?
>>
>>19582518
I wouldn't call a classic 911 a car for underages. That'd be a Lamborghini. A 911 is for tryhards, like me.
>>
>>19582632
amg wagon
>>
>>19568377
050 million
>>
>>19581120
his liver will shut down and he'll die not long after so he's probably not too worried
>>
File: 1295496170283.png (221 KB, 500x336)
221 KB
221 KB PNG
>>19582934
you cheeky cunt
>>
>>19576254
>I’m not a lottery winner, but I did inherit a vast amount
Was it from your pervert uncle who molested you as a kid?
>>
>>19581120
The virgin ego-dominant "budget and die of old age" vs the chad id-dominant "burn through your winnings in one glorious year and sudoku yourself"
>>
>>19583002
based
>>
I would buy a euro grand tourer for my mom and restore an old truck for my dad

for myself, I want a 13/14 S197 Mustang in grabber blue or gotta have it green, and probably a couple shitboxes from craigslist
>>
>>19567094
ive had this planned out forever.

id buy a 19 raptor, daily for awhile.

buy the 2008 forester xt sport ive been
wanting. guilty pleasure of mine to have one.

keep the 2014 f150 i have. i love it.

get a crosstrek, turbo tf out of it. like it should be.

buy a 2010 f150 xlt like the one i had that was buttfucked by a semi. make it exactly the same. get my baby back. seriously miss it. just because i got something better doesnt make me miss it less.

live happy with that til i get bored and buy a e63 amg wagon or sumshit. definitely fly under the radar.
>>
>>19582446
>>19582854
>>19582518

Let's be real here. If you look at that ass on the Porche and don't get a boner, boy, you are a faggot. For real, some of the Singers are coming out real gaudy, but that's what the owners want.
>>
>>19567094
>If you won the lottery, would you stick to semi-affordable cars?
For DDing, yes.
In general? No. I'd buy a lamborghini with all the options and performance mods, and hoon the shit out of it on my own land or a rented track. Then I'd buy a bunch of crazy lightweight kit-cars, add superbike engines instead of the recommended car engines, and hoon those around because they look insanely fun.

Eventually I'd lose grip on a corner, spin out, and the car would catch fire when using the acres of runoff area. And I'd die, and the remainder of my funds would go to a worthy cause, like a museum devoted to cool things like fast cars and bikes and military vehicles.
>>
>>19573380
We don't need to, you'll be fighting mechanic and tow bills for the rest of your life.
>>
>>19567094
buy or build a house somewhere near a city, ideally where I can connect to a fiber line.

build a garage and get a couple shitboxes/classics to restore. Don't need anything fancy, or super/hyper cars.
>>
>>19573102
You mean enjoy losing everything when she claims you beat her, and you're not famous enough to be able to shrug off/placate the court of public opinion.
>>
>>19581318
/bauto/
>>
>>19583333
>look at that ass on the Porche
>get a boner
>you are a faggot
it all checks out
>>
>>19576267
>taking out a driveshaft and a diff is harder than adapting a gearbox from an entirely different engine with a different engine management system

?????
>>
>>19567875
>offer Honda
Why? Spend $1m on a completely custom car that will be better in every way and will take less time to get
>>
>>19567256
Is that the new mustang?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.