[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/o/ - Auto

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

where is the best place to dump or pour your old oil if you don't want to do it the right way?

I've heard of people just burying it in their backyard and then just leaving it there when they leave. but I own my property and will be living here forever lol
>>
>>19724237
oil recycler
if your oil is contaminated call your local toxic waste disposal center
>>
give it to your local mechanic
>>
>>19724237
Down the drain, or tip into the local river
>>
>>19724265
>Down the drain
dont do this, it will cog up your drain. You're much better off pouring it down the storm drain on your street if you do want to go this route. Otherwise take it to your local auto parts store and they will dispose of it for you. Local dealerships that have a mechanics bay can also dipose of the oil.
>>
All auto parts store and im pretty sure anywhere that does oil changes is required by law to accept old oil, free of charge. I know my mechanic doesnt mind it at all because he used it as fuel to heat the building in the winter.
>>
>>19724237
I drive to a church down the street and throw all my old fluids and random construction trash into their dumpster.

God can afford to pay the fines to the garbage collection company.
>>
>>19724237
You could always do it the classic way. Get a post hole digger and make a 2-3 foot hole. Layer rocks and sand and pour it through there. It does jack shit, but you can tell yourself you're doing it the way people used to and that it is somehow better.
>>
>>19724237
>I don't want to dump oil on the land because it's MY LAND
This is retarded thinking.
If you're unwilling to put oil into soil you own and plan on living at, then you should be unwilling to dump oil on any soil.
Oil is natural.
Oil absorbs back into mother earth.
Don't just dump it on a patch of dirt.
Dig a hole and give it soil to leech into.
>>
>>19724237
I like to pour mine on the playground of my local grade school. If you dump a bunch at the top of the slide the kids will have a blast the next morning.

You can also just pour it into the sandbox, if you're short on time.
>>
I like to pour antifreeze in Gatorade bottles and hand them out to the local kids to stay hydrated
>>
>>19724270
>your local auto parts store
Tank's full sir!
>>
>>19724984
just leave it on their curb or on top of the tank

fuck them
>>
>>19724237
get an oil stove and save your oil for winter.
>>
>>19724984
This every time. My autozone used to give $0.25 per gallon, with a 5 gallon limit per day.

Then they started to say the refund was no longer available. Then they started saying the tank was full. EVERY DAY, MORNING OR NIGHT, RAIN OR SHINE.
>>
>>19724731
made me laugh, cheers anon
>>
Playground sandbox
>>
>>19724237
pour it in your neighbor's yard
or underneath his car
or down the cowl vents in his car
>>
>>19724731
Classic
>>
>>19725033
That's why you pull around back and leave the jugs by the door. They can't legally throw them away.
>>
>>19724984
My local trash dump used to accept used oil but white trash would use the tank for old paint and thinners.
>>
>>19725377
>leave the jugs by the door
That's a crime. Fuck those faggots I confront them directly.
>>
>>19724260

this. here in Canada at least, any automotive repair shop has to take your used oil free of charge

i used to work in a small shop and monday morning at 8am there would be shopping carts full of used motor oil jugs at the back doors and i would dump them into our drain tank
>>
>>19724237
Just burn it if you are a dumb fuck
>>
>>19724772
>Oil is natural.
Do you think we put crude oil in our cars or do you think pennzoil comes from the ground? It'll leech into your drinking water if you keep dumping it like a tard.
>>
paint the fence with it
>>
>>19724237
Put it in a the bottle your new oil came in and leave it in your shed until you forget
>>
think I can dump it in my work bins lol?
>>
Find someone that burns waste oil for heat. Guy down the road has a cart on his front lawn that you just stop by and drop off your old oil. Rural fg here but lot of garages burn that shit.
>>
>>19725415
>I confront them directly.
But what if I want to go back later and shop?
>>
>>19726306
This, I have like 6 of those 5 quart bottles full of old oil sitting in the basement of my apartment rn, all with the words 'old' or 'bad' written on them
>>
go to a local autozone (they recycle for free) or dump it down a storm drain
>>
>>19724237
I'll take a quart a week, pour it down your mom's back, and ass fuck her.
You can hold the just and watch, op.
>>
>>19724237
I put it on the neighbor's cat. Shuts that faggot up right quick and then it's even more fun when that piece of shit tries to lick at it.
>>
>>19724237
You can burn it in bonfires. A good sized bonfire can consume half a gallon in a couple hours. It's going to be winter soon so this is a good idea.
>>
>>19724731
Asshole.
>>
File: 1521873141302.jpg (48 KB, 530x556)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
>>19724731
>The mad men
>>
>>19724237
If you are at dumb end of countryside like me:
give your old oil to some farmer next to you, could be usefull for him to treat wood against worms and mushrooms.

if in city or suburbs: give to any mechanic or gas station, if they sell oil in their shop they HAVE TO take old oil back.

don't spread into the nature please... even a drop.
>>
>>19730067
What's the worst that can happen?
>>
>>19724237
>put back in container
>clean container
>return to store and get money back
>>
>>19725841
gotta make those water treatment people work for the monies
>>
File: 1533694102420.jpg (53 KB, 900x584)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
>>19724237
Don't put it down storm drains, curb inlets, or catch basins. That's most likely directed to the nearest lake, river or stream.
>In b4 trolled with stale bait
>>
>>19724237
At work, company ground.

Drive at night to the house of the one guy you hate since early school.

Do it all over his driveway.

at night of course. If you to pussy to do it, just throw it im his trahs bin.
>>
>work at an oil analysis company
I bring it to work, get it analyzed then they dump it.
>>
I just drop it off at my local Canadian Tire.
>>
I just go for a drive and throw it on somebodies lawn in a closed container
>>
why has nobody posted that old "pour your oil into the gravel." image yet?
>>
>>19730067
>they HAVE TO take old oil back.
The tank is FULL, sir!
>>
>>19724237
drink it
>>
>>19724237
>state of burgerland
go to a workshop you dumb fuck
>>
>>19731710
I know this is an old thread but I was just told be my local CT that they no longer accept used motor oil or coolant. They said people were mixing oil, coolant, paint, and anything else. When they dump it in their bulk container it would contaminate the entire batch - costing them money to dispose.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.