[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/o/ - Auto

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

I had an oil change performed on my GTI recently and the mechanic told me I had some seepage from the oil pan gasket. This is a 2017 GTI Sport DSG with a Stage 2 tune. Do I need to be concerned? Should I take it into the dealer? I am kinda pissed
>>
Try harder
>>
>>19732822
These had plastic oil pans right
>>
>>19732873
yeah, plastic oil pans and plastic drain bolts too. i am hoping the tune didn't cause it
>>
>>19732822
It's not that big of a deal as long as it's a slow leak. Could grow into a bigger problem though. Check the oil level more often than normal and keep a quart on hand. If it starts leaking worse or it's more than you're comfortable with now either do it yourself (should be pretty easy) or have a pro do it if you aren't conformable

Most gaskets and seals are pretty easy
>>
File: 20180912_091311.jpg (1.05 MB, 2560x1440)
1.05 MB
1.05 MB JPG
Common issue. Other common seepage points are the upper timing cover, backside of the camshaft cover(valve cover) over the turbo and a few leak where at the bottom of the dipstick.

If it's a seep you can try to warranty it but you'd have to restore it to factory condition. As well the warranty department are being dicks as of late so they want photos of the leak. Seepage is defined as evidence or fluids, a leak actually has a rate like 2 drops within a 5 min period. So they may decline the warranty work if it's not severe enough.

The most common issue is the coolant pump/thermostat housing leaking which you'll see on the front side of the oil pan before it builds up on the undershield and drips on your driveway etc.

Pic unrelated
>>
>>19732822
Not a huge deal, but I'd take the opportunity to upgrade to a real steel oil pan with an actual threaded drain plug. Fuck that plastic shit.
>>
File: 149245816514.jpg (14 KB, 238x192)
14 KB
14 KB JPG
>stage 2 tune
>>
>>19732822
Doesnt your country have annual MOTs? I suspect a shit hole disguised as ‘the land of the free’
>>
>>19732960
Upgrade to steel then
>>
>>19732822
I just can't understand anyone immediately destroying their drivetrain warranty on a brand new car. Modifying a car you are still making payments on is foolish at best.
>>
>>19733041
>He doesn't spend thousands on an overpriced, arbitrary upgrade package than can easily be pieced together with better components for a fraction of the price

Fucking pleb

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.