[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k] [s4s] [vip] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/out/ - Outdoors

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: PAY PAY.png (197 KB, 263x395)
197 KB
197 KB PNG
fat friendly outdoor activities?
>>
>>1088237
Killing yourself
>>
File: 49er pepe.png (422 KB, 545x563)
422 KB
422 KB PNG
>>1088238
ok.
>>
>>1088237
Do some of everything until you're no longer fat. Then you'll just be friendly.
>>
sit in chair
drink beer
catch catfish to fry
>>
>>1088237

Most states have public access fishing piers that are wheelchair accessible.
>>
File: ftd-floattube.jpg (30 KB, 900x484)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>>1088237

Float tube fishing, no life jacket needed either.

Downhill mountain biking. GRAVITY FUCK YEAH.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OU0gJCce9M0
>>
>>1088237
>>>/v/
Please stay there
>>
>>1088237
Begin with very easy trailing and steadily increase the difficulty of the trails, perhaps you'll find a way to make your body more outdoor friendly
>>
Sunbathing. Sitting. Just try not to eat someone, okay?
>>
Harmonica.
>>
A great way to attract friendly bears to observe is to strip down to your bathing suit, slather yourself in honey, and roll around in some peanuts. Then go for a walk in the woods.
>>
thru hiking apparently https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIk0W3GbFYQv36chgpxu9ig
>>
>>1088269

>Downhill mountain biking. GRAVITY FUCK YEAH.

>fat friendly

Yeeeaaahh... But not really.
>>
>>1088237
>>/n/igger

Off yourself, lard.
>>
More >>>/asp/ but: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSAy-VrdD-8
>>
>>1088237
Picnicking
>>
File: image.jpg (47 KB, 315x450)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
>>1088791
>>
>>1088237
>oit for fatties
Going to the beach, building castles made of sand, taking your shirt off and scaring children
>>
>>1088237
Exercise
>>
The gym
>>
>>1090009
/Thread
>>
If you're really heavy I don't think I'd recommend hiking or anything like that. Look at how veterans all have fucked up joints from having to carry heavy packs for over 9000 miles.
Just get skinny.
>>
I see fat men /out/ all the time. Not sure why you think being fat means you can't /out/
>>
>>1088237

Running until you're not fat.
>>
>>1088990
it's not bike friendly that's for sure.
>>
>>1088237
go out to camp with buds, drink beer, roast bacon on a spit at campfire tell spooky shit about skinwalkers, piss yourself when you hear a sound behind you.
>>
Go roll down a hill
>>
>>1088237
Rassel a grizz tubby
>>
File: 500.jpg (515 KB, 1024x1001)
515 KB
515 KB JPG
>>1088237
present yur manboobs in the public
>>
>>1088237
Swimming.
Rowing.
Hanging out around the campfire.
Fasting (research very well first.)

/thread
>>
>>1088242
The only real answer
t. Fat guy
>>
>>1088237

>don't pack food
>get lost for three weeks

Solved your fat problem.
>>
>>1088237
walking short distances
>>
catch flies with your meat flaps
>>
Most Scout troops these days are required by their charter to have at least one old /comfy/ fat old guy who sits around the fire and drinks coffee out of an old stained thermos while dispensing pieces of wisdom to the boys. The thermos is provided, but you are required to own your own pickup.
>>
>>1090331
literally the dream

to answer OPs question, hiking is just like any other activity, the more you do it the better you get. start with easy trails at your local park and just slowly move up the line until you are ready to climb a small mountain. you will be hitting 6 milers before you know it and the weight will just come off.
>>
>>1090058
he can do short loop trails that are mostly flat and hover under a mile. and like i said in >>1090361 just work it up over time.
>>
>>1090364
I backpacked with a morbidly obese guy from the south rim of the grand canyon to the phantom ranch. He almost died but it convinced him to turn his life around
>>
>>1090062
Running until you have broken knees.
ftfy
>>
Stop being fat, OP.
Fat people are disgusting.
Just walk and drink water or something.
>>
>>1090080

Look at the bitches checkin' his ass out. They want that hog meat.
>>
>>1088237
Suicide
>>
>>1088237
None, you WILL damage your joints. You WILL make yourself hate it because it is 10 times harder. You WILL increase your chances of grievous injury.

Stop eating so much for 8 months and ride a bike. You are not entitled to happiness until you make your body happy.
>>
>>1088237
Go for a walk around your neighborhood. Download an audio book, pop in your headphones and go for a walk. It's relaxing, it's good exercise and it gets you /out/ of the house.
>>
Walking until you're not fat.
>>
Genuinely curious, why are you fat and legally old enough to post on this board?
Does your family enable you to stay fat as fatass?
It so, that is a genuine concern you need to face head on if you want to stop being a flabby piece of meat. Just throwing that out there.
>>
>>1088237
walking nigga get off ur ass
>>
File: fat gotanks.png (417 KB, 799x419)
417 KB
417 KB PNG
>>1091559
walking hurts my knees, can't i just curl 2lb dumbbells on my scooter when on a trail?
>>
>>1088237
Weight loss. Seriously, start going for day hikes, and you'll exercise enough to start losing weight.
>>
>>1088237
fishing
>>
>>1088237
>fat friendly outdoor activities?

excercise
>>
File: 1501843062905.gif (936 KB, 245x190)
936 KB
936 KB GIF
>>1090127
/thread
>>
>>1090063
kek
>>
>>1091557
not OP but ive struggled with my weight my entire life. never rascal fat or take up multiple seats fat, but fat enough to be disgusted with photos of myself and for shirts i once loved to not fit me anymore. for me its not genetic but it is in part physiological. i just dont feel "full" unless i eat until im sick, and that can take a lot of food. it takes actual effort to stop eating at the right time and if i dont stop i can eat legit competitive eating levels of food. Im not even being hyperbolic, legit Guinness records stuff. i walk a ton, i live an active lifestyle with kayaking and hiking and swimming but at the end of the day my appetite is what hurts me. In the same way a drug addict craves dope, i crave sugar at 1 in the morning. my brain literally harasses me and won't let me sleep until i either give in or just wait it out (which leads to insomnia). For me just keeping my weight at a spot that many would consider high takes a lot of discipline and effort.

working downtown in a city makes it really hard to make smart choices. I can get a salad or go to the best burger spot in the state. I can spend 12 bucks on a turkey wrap thats going to leave me hungry or get 5 pounds of shitty "Chinese" food for 4 bucks. 90 percent of the time i do make the right lunch time choice, but even after im done eating my brain tells me that i "need" a donut or something and i dont win that fight every time.

For me getting under 200 (im 5'9) is the dream. i got as low as 202 last year during a crazy shake diet but as soon as i stopped the 15 or so lbs i lost piled back on.

Just to bring it back to what OP was asking ill tell him being in love with going /out/ is what keeps out of the "holy shit" category of fat and in the "if i wear the right suits no one will know how bad it actually is" category. you don't need an activity to help you. you just need the love of being outside to push into getting out of your house and moving.
>>
File: pay taxes.png (373 KB, 466x382)
373 KB
373 KB PNG
>>1091900
I exercise daily but I eat good foodz
>>
>>1092436
Tldr
>>
>>1088238

fpbp.
>>
File: 130645003.jpg (31 KB, 400x400)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
gardening. fries.
>>
>>1088237
I think grave yards are generally outside. Can do the world a favor and have your fat ass take permanent residence in one. You are a plague on the betterment of man kind.
>>
>>1092436
Drop a tab of lucy and stare at your fat self in the mirror and have a trip sitter bring you to buy your foods and then tell you NO.
>>
>>1088237
Rolling
>>
>>1088237
Hiking. See bigger people doing it all the time- just stick to easier trails until you build endurance.
>>
>>1090361
What qualifies as small mountain?
>>
>>1092455
then exercise more. make sure you burn more calories than you intake.

you need to find a regiment that pushes you enough to keep up with your diet of choice
>>
>>1093867
Have you seen Game of Thrones? Imagine that mountain, but 5'9".

More like king of hills really. Or a Mountlet.
>>
Geocaching is for all fatties.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szTSRQDUeJY
>>
>>1093922

Knoll? Or would you prefer The Mound?
>>
ITT: housebound fatties fat shaming housebound fatties
>>
>>1088237
I feel like kayaking might be a good one (assuming you're not so big you wouldn't fit). If you're like 30-40 pounds overweight it would be pretty good exercise but pretty relaxing at the same time, and it's a little easier to set your own pace than it is while hiking.
>>
promise yourself to not eat any more fries until you first grow them on your own
>>
>>1088237
star gazing

you can just lay there
>>
>>1093381
>posting Tl;dr, improperly, in a fat thread

Take note folks, this is what the bottom of the barrel looks like, the only thing lazier than this is telling yourself you'll post "Tl;dr" but your fingers couldn't be bothered to semi-colon for one fucking second. Truly awesome. Fatbros rejoice, we aren't even the laziest in this thread it seems
>>
>>1088990
Unless your consider shaving off belly fat when he wrecks, then that's pretty friendly
>>
>>1090748
Some nice hog jumbiley for the niggie
>>
>>1093399
>going to the grocery store on acid
>doing acid anywhere but the woods.
>doing acid over the age of 25

i would rather just be fat.
>>
>>1093867
anything steeper than a hill where the hike is under 2k elevation i guess. something that a normal person could do in about 4 hours round trip.
>>
>>1088237
Whittle, woodcarve, make walking sticks, paracord shit, hunting morels or other exibles, bird stalking, small game hunting, looking for arrowheads or other special rocks, dunno?
>>
>>1088242
>master race fat friendly.

Possibly set some limb lines before u fish
>>
>>1089919
Prick
>>
>>1090059
Its hard and most older fats have medical conditions but desire to be outside

As a husky cripple myself i can tell you it's akin to an inside cat staring out the window all day.

Its natural to be outside sometimes.

Its in our dna
>>
>>1090722
Hes probably trying man. Losing large amounts of weight isnt just a diet its an entire change in life and not easy when u were raised on all the fried shit u want.
>>
>>1090820
Pls. Like i need a fucking reason...
>>
P A Y
A
Y
>>
>>1092436
Motherfucker you are exactly me. I feel you. Fixed it by loosely eating food from the 21 day beach body diet. Protien and rice and veggies. Just cleaner eating mostly. I eat roughly 1/3 of what i want and wait 5 min. The eat another 1/3 and wait 5 or 10 minutes. Im never full but 90% of the time im not starving now. Then i put it back in the fridge with other shit for tomorrow.

Diets suck ass. I tell u tho bro, those small changes and just keep making them. Meal prep, try and stick to it, and if u really wanna hit a buffet and pig out go for it. But try and put some healthy shit on your plate to. Trust me. Once u start eating right a buffet like that or a burger will make u sick as fuck.

I switched full throttles for pop for a few months, then gatoraid and juice, and now 1 gallon of water a day and if i really want one, some herky w gatoraide for breakfast.

Im losing between 3-5 pounds a month with 0 excorsise. Its so much eaier than lifting and dieting anon. And u feel better.

Was 289 about a year ago when i started and under 250 for the firat time in a decade. Feels good man.

Gonna take a look when im under 200 and see how i look.

Pic very related. Me petting an asshole cow named Sir Loin. We ate his ass. He was delicious. Then I saw this pic and how fucking fat i was.

I outgrew walmart and had to get 3 and 4xlt shirts from jc penny and pickings were slim. Then they closed. Im fitting into some of my 2 x shirts i wouldnt let my wife throw away from high school.

Eyeballing the holy fuck out of my 1xl shirts. The second i get in them i am retaking a bunch of pics from 15 years ago with the same shirts. Some of them i have held on to for over 20 years and swear i will fit them.

That day is almost here now.
>>
>>1093398
The irony is statistically bigger guys are kinder people. And tryhard summerfaggots like you flioing him shit are generally why he got big in the first place.

You are the plague peckerwood. It's ironic as fuck that u wont even belive it. Go ree on /b newfaggot
>>
>>1094063
SAD.

shame me all u faggots want. I lost over 40 pounds so far and only have another 40 to go give or take.

Feels good man.

And all it took was talking to a buddy about eating right my fat ass was 29 and was ass bakwords about it all. Figured beef was as good as chicken. Wtf is lean beef. Dump ranch and cheese on salad cause why not. Both horrible etc.

People reeeing and shouting fatass did nothing but make it worse and help me to a depression i have never had.

Its not motivation its bullying. Take it how u want but honest generic how to eat and excorsise will do worlds better than reeing GO RUN FATTY KYS ETC..
>>
>>1097828
YABOI!
>>
File: Untitled.png (210 KB, 197x512)
210 KB
210 KB PNG
>>1099496
its good to know there are so many of us right here. I'm on "the wedding diet" (getting married next year) now so i'm already down a few pounds from when i posted that. cut after lunch items, fast food, and subs all together. its fucking hard tho man as i was typing this someone literally walked into my office with a 4 pack of gourmet cupcakes from a place that beat bobby flay asking if i want one. turned that shit down.

i have a pair of size 32 shorts ive been keeping for close to decade now that one day are gunna fit me. and as soon as the do im gunna climb danali.

here is a recent pic that really bummed me out. ive banged chicks with smaller tits.
>>
>>1099498
>I'm fat because of fat shaming
>>
>>1099511
How fat is your future ex wife?
>>
>>1099521
>ex wife

please, we marry for life in my family.
>>
>>1099528

What about her family?
>>
>>1099561
have you ever seen arrested development?
>>
>>1088237
Quit being a lard ass, you lazy piece of shit
>>
>>1000000
>>
>>1099511
Dammit bro. Internet slow as dick here and i can't pull wedding pics off liberalbook.

But i was over 280 pounds and my poor buddy was over 400. Poor sumbitch had a shoe come undone and he didnt realize we could see him from where we were at. Like 5 minutes in my dad made an excuse to go outside and offered to help him. Another 15 minutes latter the poor bastard had his shoe tied and soaked in sweat. He's down to about 330 doing the same thing.

Diets work if you can stick to it but its easy to cave.

You don't look like you got too far to go tho. A year should give u plenty of time. Hell if u workout during you could get pretty swole in a year.

At any rate congrats brother. Keep up the good fight.
>>
>>1099512
No, I'm fat because my folks would bribe me with candy, i grew up ona drilling rig eating wtf ever i wanted, and most weekends we lived out of the gas station.

Fried shit wasn't a big deal when i was a kid and we ate fried chicken and potatoes a lot.

Also i'm crippled now and cant hardly walk.

At 29 i was crippled for life and litterealy had no clue how to even eat healthy.

Working on it now.

I'm just saying the faggots sheiking neck yourself fatty are ironically just making it worse. If instead they had a diet tip and didnt make edgy fucking hateful posts maybe there would be less of us fatasses. In 40-50 pounds i wont be one for the first time in my life.
>>
>>1099768
>>>1100000
>>
>>1099521
Lol, dont be a dick. I am sure somewhere on earth are 2 married people that dont hate each other
>>
>>1100083
>all these excuses

Fuck off, fat ass. You appall me. Learn to take responsibility for your disgusting life style.
>>
>>1088237
Eating less outside
>>
>>1099587
You spelled "i am a cocksucking faggot" wrong anon.
>>
>>1100091
Kek, not sure where you learned to read bit i said i lost 40 and got another 49 to go.

Seriously tempted ro just get walmart scooter fat. For one it doesnt bother me a bit. Bit also i can just not shower for 4 months and wheel around stores bothering you normie faggots with my b.o.

Lol, you think i give a fuck if i disgust you?

I would watch 3/4 of this hellhole die in a fire carcrash and laugh my ass off while making it a give.

Go fuck yourself. You're only yelling at me becaise you are a piece of shit and dead inside.
>>
>>1088237
Getting fit. Go for shorter hikes, trails, etc. Look for rural walks around your area, the less harsh stuff, etc.
>>
Lots of hate in this thread OP. I'm going to lay it down for you. No matter how fat you are, you can get that good outdoors life going. You can eat that freshly caught trout, or freshly skinned rabbit. Here's your start, fly fishing or lure fishing, you cast and you reel in, you have to change spots which requires walking. Always push yourself a little each time, that way you start to feel what your body is capable of, you start to get enthusiasm to drop the weight, perhaps you find what your good at like I did. Can't hike ten miles but you can hike seven carrying like a beast? play off that. These elitist fucks telling you to kill yourself probably spend most of their time sitting on their shit cunts in a blind waiting for whatever they're hunting to move into view. Just push yourself on walks and fishing as hard as you can as often as you can to start with. YOU CAN DO IT OP I BELIEVE IN YOU.
>>
>>1088237
dying.
>>
Use yourself as fertilizer
>>
Try /fit
>>
File: 1504976111108.jpg (71 KB, 550x383)
71 KB
71 KB JPG
>>1100124
>t.
>>
>>1088237
Fishing
>>
>>1100124
>I'm getting back at the world by stinking
>>
what's funny is after a long period of inactivity, suddenly finding yourself out hiking a gnar beach trail, camping etc, is so invigorating and awakening, but your body is pissed off and you get injured. never had any pain issues in my life til i got fat then went out for a week.. am now suddenly afflicted with fucking tennis elbow from daring to actually use my arms in new ranges of motion. fuck! lol

upside is it's fucking lame and should piss you off, which turns to more motivation
>>
>>1089959

This, tbph.

I ran through a park today and there were a bunch of fatties sprawled across the picnic benches.
>>
>>1100281
/out/ is a board of kindness and support!!
>>
>>1088242
Confirmed
>>
>>1088237
Go for walk. Short walk. Rest sit, lay down, lean on a fence or tree.
Drink water, start walking again.
Walk until tired, rest some more, drink water.
Increase time until you are walking around for a hour on mostly flatish ground.
When that gets good, pack a lunch and machete. Go far and clear a little resting spot.
After that go further and make another camp, supply it with a watr/trailfoods cache. Repeat.
>t. Mountain man
>>
File: 1469468119895.png (849 KB, 1219x717)
849 KB
849 KB PNG
>>1100641
A fatty does not simply walk.
>>
Bushwalking. Doesn't have to be far or strenuous, just go for a nice stroll and take it all in.
>>
>>1100731
In which case, prepare to be miserable for the rest of your life. Also prepare for said life to be shorter because you refused to take care of yourself.
>no_sympathy_for_the_weak.bmp
>>
File: fat24.png (78 KB, 311x593)
78 KB
78 KB PNG
>be fat fuck going on a walk on a nature trail
>binge on blue berries and peaches growing on riverside
>ate around 4 lbs of berries and like 15 peaches
>would have been better off just going to McDonald's and getting a McChicken and doing the elliptical for an hour at the gym
don't fall for the work/out/ meme
>>
>>1100389
Kek, i shower daily but itd be funny
>>
>>1100377
That looks more like 540 than 240 and my next fall i will be under 190 so....
>>
File: images (88).jpg (7 KB, 276x183)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
>>1088237
We forgot pic related if it counts
>>
>>1088237
BBQ
>>
>>1088238
post your tits, faggot
>>
Gardening.

t. fat guy

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.