[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k] [s4s] [vip] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/out/ - Outdoors

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 135 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

File: IMG_6148.jpg (51 KB, 720x679)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
>age
>location
>occupation/profession
>how /out/ are you
>>
File: 1430613955606.png (8 KB, 679x427)
8 KB
8 KB PNG
you already know that.
>>
>>1105982
boston
attorney
5/10 on the /out/ scale 8/10 on the general public scale.
>>
>26
>Boston
>Ecologist/postdoc
>75% - postdoc work is typically inside. Educated myself out of the field.
>>
File: IMG_8233.jpg (219 KB, 750x924)
219 KB
219 KB JPG
>>1105982
>25
>Louisiana
>wage cuck
>10/10 prepared for the season next month and ready to no life at the camp
>>
>>1105982
>34
>Missouri
>medically retired
>11/10 out. Posting this from a duck blind.
>>
>>1105982
Sacramento
Low voltage electrician
Weekend warrior/10
>>
>18
>upstate ny
>student/volunteer
>0%
I just browse this board and dream of the day I can financially support myself
>>
File: Arrowed_Full.png (10 KB, 394x288)
10 KB
10 KB PNG
>>1105982
>>age
>>location
Arizona
>>occupation/profession
SEO
>>how /out/ are you
I've camped once in my life like 13 years ago. I'm lurking here to get ideas and tips for my first solo camping trip this weekend. Hoping to become more /out/ over time
>>
>22
>MO
>IT for a Space and Defence company
>I go out when I can, but cant take long trips
>>
>22
>South Carolina
>Machinist (aircraft parts)
>60 hours in 6 days doesn't leave much time for /out/
>>
30-something.
Rockies.
/in/ job: electrical engineer - it pays the bills and then some.
/out/ job(s): radio ops (backhaul/infrastructure) and pro snowmobiler (racer/educator/media).
I burn nearly all my vacation december to may. I'll work maybe one full week a month during that time, rest of it's 3- and 4-day weekends, with a full week here and there.
>>
>/out/ doesn't actually go /out/
Color me surprised
>>
>35
>Indiana
>RN
>4 days off each week gives me plenty of time to go /out/. wish I had better surroundings though.
>>
I find it interesting that a thread asking personal questions is accompanied by a picture of a person in disguise who intimately interacts with others under false pretense.
>>
>>1106109
Lots of MO bros here
>>
>>1106149
I'm studying to be an electrical engineer, did I make a good choice?
>>
>32
>Forester
>Work /out/ 98%
>Play /out/ 0%

I work outside for ten hours every day. On my days off I barely even leave the house. My joints ache incessantly. It's kind of depressing, but I do love my job.
>>
>>1106149
Could you tell me more about what you do in radio ops? I'm an electrical engineering student myself and I love being /out/ so I'm really interested.
>>
>23
>DC
>Data manger cuck
>try to go /out/ at least twice a month

Shit's difficult af when you're living here. For miles, in ever direction, it's just urban development. I'll be checking out Harper's Ferry this weekend for the first time, though. Should be fun. I want to move out West, where nature is abundant.
>>
File: 1505981404304.jpg (62 KB, 640x640)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
>20
>Cornwall, Bongistan
>Unemployed artist (fuck)
>Saving to hike across some deserts this winter, otherwise filfthy racist basement dweller

I want to go back to uni and join all the outdoor and expedition clubs and probably finish my DofE
>>
>>1105982
>20
>Illinois
>student(stem) potentially have a job lined up but waiting for a call back
>10%
I love the idea of one day owning my own cabin in a small mountainside town, and doing /out/ things and raising a family. But waiting until I can financially support myself with my job. Right now all I do is spend a few hours every couple weekend or so at an arboretum. Very comfy especially with fall coming up.
>>
>>1105982
>20
>Kansas
>Retail until I finish my /out/ degree in a couple years
>Not as of lately, but I've always got trips planned for breaks. Kansas in general sucks for /out/ but at least I'm a 6 hour drive from those sweet Colorado mountains
>>
File: moonman.jpg (109 KB, 1063x497)
109 KB
109 KB JPG
>>1105982
>37
>very northern wi
>self employed
>hunt, fish, forage, harvest wild rice, gardening, i hate camping
>>
>21
>Philadelphia
>It intern (14.50 an hour)
>Compared to how I used to be, not at all. Plan on saving up for 2 years and building a tiny house (inb4 tiny house hate) in rural PA around Lycoming County, Centre County or Clinton County
>>
>>1106289
Build it just 1 room bigger and you can do infinitely more, you can work out, process animals, store a generator and purifier, have guests, store a vehicle, store wood and food etc

And you won't be compared to cuckshed hipsters
>>
>>1106289
wew, they cost fuckin tonnes for a shitty shed on wheels, you're better off converting a van, bus or RV, it'll be more fuel efficient, easier and 10x cheaper and you can spend that extra time and money you would have been building earning more dollarydoos or living a debt free life
>>
maine
firearms instructor
like a 5/10
>>
>>1106297
My total costs come out to roughly 21,000 dollars. That's including material, flooring, electric, water, etc, toilet, etc. I have most of the furnishings already will just need a fridge, stove and a few other things. But I can buy shitty ones and upgrade them in a few years. I have 16k saved up now, I'm shooting for 35k by the time I'm ready to move which should be enough to cover the land (I'd like at least 2 acres, don't mind if it's out in bum fuck nowhere) and the house. If I'm a few thousand short I'll look into a loan or something.
>>1106294
My plan is to for now just build it with a kitchen/ dining area that melds into a living room on one half and the other half is laundry room/ bathroom and then bedroom. Don't have the pictures on me right now (at work) but in simplest terms it's just like a square divided into 4 smaller squares, starting from bottom-left going clockwise it'd be living room -> dining room/ kitchen -> bathroom/ laundry -> bedroom. I figure after a few years living there I should have enough money to do some add-ons and I might extend the living room and possibly add a second room which would double as room for guests or entertainment room.
>>
>>1106189
>I'm studying to be an electrical engineer, did I make a good choice?
Engineering's less about math/physics, and more about being able to figure things out and answer questions using math/physics as tools to answer those questions.
There's a difference between "being smart" and "being useful" to a business. I've worked with a lot of brilliant people who aren't very useful to a company, for a number of reasons.
The trick is to know yourself, whether you're one of the more hands-on figures-shit-out-makes-shit-work types of engineers, or one of the engineers who's real solid on paper/design but dangerous with a screwdriver. Use that knowledge about yourself and your skills to find the right company and position for those skills.

But overall, yes. It's hard work to get that degree, if you just want that piece of paper there's much easier options out there. But having a degree in any engineering discipline opens up a lot of opportunities for good jobs.

Protips:
>Learn programming
Any language. As a test engineer, my weapon of choice is LabVIEW. Learn to automate processes... working with files, processing data sets, capturing and manipulating information from various sources (databases, Serial/GPIB/USB/Modbus instruments, data acquisition modules, etc).
>Learn some skills from other disciplines
CAD specifically. I was briefly exposed to AutoCAD at a summer job, but never really *learned* CAD. There were many times where having that tool would have been useful early in my career, I eventually asked my manager about some formal SolidWORKS training and did that - man I wish I did that a long time ago. Being able to knock out a model for an enclosure for a circuit board I just designed and make that enclosure on a 3D printer makes me real valuable as a test engineer. Nobody else in my group has those mechanical skills.
>There's more to life than the paycheck.
Vacation, insurance. Shit adds up, and having a life is worth a lot of paycheck.
>>
File: i-ZXjkppz-L.jpg (59 KB, 338x600)
59 KB
59 KB JPG
>>1106191
Independent contractor, netops.
Wouldn't want it to be a full-time job, i'm sure the fun would die out real quick if it's all I did every day.
>Plus I'd probably have to deal with subscriber radios and fleet management... customers suck

I'm exclusively two-way and paging - don't deal at all on the cellular or broadcast side other than a few colo'd sites. If you're in it for the money, you'll want to get into cellular or broadcast. And they're both really political industries.

Modern digital systems all ride on IP. Whether the backhaul's point-to-point microwave or VPN through public internet, once the radio "data" (whether it's digital voice traffic or actual data (telemetry, text-messaging, etc)) is in the site it's handled and routed as IP traffic.
Learn networking - routing, switching, OSPF, infrastructure best-practices, Erlang function/capacity planning.
On the electrical side... RF theory, propagation, grounding/shielding, AC- and DC-distribution, battery management.
Mechanical ... basic equipment assembly/maintenance, cable routing/management... statics: wind/ice loads for antennas and towers.
Personally ... decent vehicle, "muh survival skills" for varying wx conditions, in shape enough to climb towers and work at height and at elevation. "Thinking safe" is important.
Politically ... Sometimes it's commercial/business jobs that are focused on the bottom line, other times it's government/public-safety with their own agenda and attitudes. Never turn down a contract, but make it worth your time over whatever else you're doing.
>tfw quoting $300/hour plus mileage to change a lightbulb
>and they still go with my quote because "they know i'll do good work compared to the other guys"

A lot of the full-timers in the business own their own company, because it's the only way to make a living in the business.
Certifications and industry reputation are what's going to make or break the deals, vs. having an engineering degree.
>>
>>1106317
Holy crap...I'm still in High School so I still have the freedom of being able to dictate what I'll be able to study and up until now I just thought studying Eletrical Engineering in college would be sufficient in becoming an Electrican but you've just blown my mind with all of this talk of CAD and Computer Languages. Seriously great info!!
>>

islamic dictatorship of turkey (purposely raising generations of people who hate west yet western countries take it up the ass. you guys are such cucks letting muslims destroy you lol idiots...)

computer engineering student last year

i dont go outside because its full of apes who hate science and smart humans. thank you western countries for letting inferior humans take over human race... idiot cucks...
>>
>25
>quebeckistan
>welder
>not nearly enough
>>
>>1106334
EE and electricians are two very different careers.

Some of the basics will cross over... V=IR holds true regardless of whether it's a voltage divider for a microprocessor circuit, or resistance over a length of high-voltage transmission line.

EE is a "professional career", white-collar job. Odds are pretty high you'll spend most of the day writing code or drawing lines on a computer screen. If you're lucky, you might get some time in a lab actually building shit.

Electrician is a trade. Go for certifications and experience instead of a college degree.

If you go the college/EE route, the first year is mostly gen-ed courses with all the engineering disciplines. If you go in knowing you're after EE, the 2nd year you'll start to focus on electrical stuff - circuits/signals, digital design, etc. You could still change majors pretty easily.
3rd year, you're heavily invested in that major. You're taking more advanced math, and a lot more electrical-oriented classes. Still have some mechanical stuff like statics, maybe dynamics, but most of your days will be electrical.
4th year+, is entirely focused on your major. Maybe one or two fill-in gen-ed courses .... technical writing, maybe a business class.

Learn programming. Almost nothing's discrete anymore, even if your focus is in hardware, you're still dealing with software-defined instruments, test setups, and drivers.
>>
>>1105982
CO, USA
retired- industrial contractor/business owner
out daily. Usually deep inna woods. Sometimes for days or weeks at a time.
>>
>>22
>>Tasmania, soon moving to Western Australia
>>Currently environmental weed officer, going to be a library technician in new state though
>>I work outside normally but once i move to new state maybe twice a week i'll go for a hike
>>
Washington D.C.
President of the United States of America
10/10 the bigglyist
>>
-Netherlands
-Programming
-never /out/
I hate it.
I want to go out more but I don't really know how or where.
>>
>>1106366
I don't know anybody with the knowledge to help me out and the internet has limited results so I'm just gonna shoot, I like to work with my hands and outside, what job in under the Electrican trade let's me do that and have a month or two off the year for myself? I've heard of independent contractors getting jobs here and there throughout the year and then having the winter months to themselves as business slows down.
>>
>22
>Denmark
>kindergarten teacher/student
>Iike, Maybe 5 or 6 right now. my dude
>>
>>1106351
And this is why I threw bricks through the windows of the pro-Erdowan business in my town
>>
>26
>Upstate SC
>Records Clerk
>6/10 - regularly go on hikes and explore the wilderness of my area
>>
>>1106405
Contracting for the military, all they have is dumbass 18 to 23 year olds... Need people with experience to come in and set everything up.

Now I'm IT, mind you, but I'd assume they need electricians too.
>>
>>1106400
>I want to go out more but I don't really know how or where.
How: turn off computer and go outside
Where: look at a satellite map of your area for areas close to you
Why: best case you meet a qt, worst case you have a good time
>>
>>1105982
MD
Pharmacy Tech/going for pharm D
This state sucks ass when it comes to /out/ have to go to some creeks to get my fishing fix. I need to get /out/ more.
>>
File: treefbplain.jpg (578 KB, 1200x638)
578 KB
578 KB JPG
>28
>UK (Nottingham)
>Paramedic
>6/10 due to family and work commitments
Got two weeks off to disappear in the woods though and I can't fucking wait!
>>
>>1106522
Which woods will you disappear? in
Is there something nice around Nottingham?
>>
UK
freelance programmer
go wild camping at least once a month by myself
>>
>>1106529
I've got a week planned for the woodlands between Mansfield and Nottingham, huge wooded areas.
>>
>>1106535
Nice. Have fun!
>>
>>1105982
Utah
attorney
4/10 when I come here, 7/10 based upon those around me
>>
File: download (4).jpg (8 KB, 300x168)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
So many MAfags on /out/... We should have a meet up or something.

>27
>Boston
>dental student
>6/10 on /out/ scale
>9/10 when compared to eastern mass normies
>>
>>1106556
im >>1106010
and im game!! ...but im bringing my own food.
>>
File: il.jpg (4 KB, 116x99)
4 KB
4 KB JPG
Israel
illuminati liaison at a bank
Every other weekend, this is possible only half of the year due to hot weather.
>>
>>1106580

You don't want any of my brownies? I brought them to the GA meetup ^_^
>>
>27
>CA
>NEET
>Out as boogie2988
>>
>>1106580
I'll bring the brownies!
>>
File: DSC_7121 ed.jpg (737 KB, 1600x1068)
737 KB
737 KB JPG
>>1105982
>27
>Seattle
>Work for a tech company doing database management
>Intermediate mountain climber, done Baker, Hood, lots of smaller peaks in the North Cascades, fairly experienced in glacier travel. 5.11 gym climber, 5.10ab outside. Go on hikes most weekends, prioritize most of my travel around outdoor shit I want to do there.

I need to go backpacking more though, I do a lot of stuff outdoors but it's all pretty concentrated and focused. I don't spend enough time just relaxing outdoors, instead it's like the outdoors is where I go to accomplish the difficult goals I set.
>>
File: 84894980.jpg (182 KB, 2048x1152)
182 KB
182 KB JPG
>>1105982
>31
>Northwest
>Fish Biologist
>not very /out/ personally because it's my job already
>>
File: IMG_1602.jpg (1.49 MB, 4032x3024)
1.49 MB
1.49 MB JPG
>>1106756
Same but engineering and just started climbing so can't climb that good
>>
>>1106405
Join the IBEW union... 5 year apprenticeship to journeyman, then you can work, once the job is finished get laid off/sent back to the union hall but you don't have to accept the next job immediately. There is also opportunities for traveling and working.
>>
File: IMGP1622.jpg (366 KB, 2048x1355)
366 KB
366 KB JPG
>35 going on 36
>strayer
>audiologist
not as /out/ as I used to be as I live innacity and am breddy busy all the time. I do city /out/ pretty well though, lots of bicycling and enjoying what nature I can.

still, there's tons of good hiking and camping within an hour or two of me so it's not too bad.
>>
File: 805510499_7488.jpg (144 KB, 960x1280)
144 KB
144 KB JPG
- Milwaukee
- IT / helpdesk
- I walk my dog 2-4 hours every day.

>tfw not very out but still enjoy it.
>>
>>1105982
>18
>Texas
>Liberal arts student
>25%
Getting /out/ where I live requires long travel times, but I grew up in Utah and California mountain towns, so my whole childhood was outdoors.
>>
-Roanoke VA
-Local government planner
-6/10 on the norm scale, so like a 21/10 on the /out/ scale
>>
Grenoble, France
Statistician
9/10 It helps living right in the seat of the French Alps
>>
43, Germany, Linuxadmin, 6/10 - i walk about 70km per week and usually have 3 weeks in the fall where i can cross the Alps or something.

>>1106081
Your day will come, sweet prince. It'll come.
>>
>>1106868
This is a good answer especially if you are in a strong union state. You'll get plenty of time off for your own projects, but you will be locked into the IBEW for life. If you do any non-union work they can sue you.
>>
>>1105982
colorado
software developer
6/10, I get out 2-3 weekends a month, usually camp 15+ nights a year, hike another 15+ days a year.

I dont really ski / snowboard so winter I just snowshoe some, I stay inside when its super cold.
>>
File: Charles M. Beeghly.jpg (37 KB, 640x480)
37 KB
37 KB JPG

Michigan

Merchant mariner

As much as I can be when I'm not on the boat. Being locked inside a tin can for 4 months has a way of motivating you to spend time outside
>>
File: 28e.gif (2.26 MB, 387x251)
2.26 MB
2.26 MB GIF
>>1105982
Los Angeles
Code monkey
Like 2/10, I'm here to change that. Used to go a lot more often than before I moved to this shithole. Going to start to make regular weekend trips. Can't stand the concrete jungle anymore.
>>
>>1106408
hey bby
wanna take me /out/ sometime?
>>
>>1105982
>19
>Scotland
>Waiter
>I go on walks but there's not too much nature round here unfortunately
>>
>>1105982
>20
>LA
>vacation/sailor
>went 53 days only shitting off the side of a boat

Going out again soon, i don't think i'm coming back. Women are whores and "friends" are temporary. After my order is completed and my fishing money invested i'll be heading into the country for a month or two living out of my truck or i might even just buy an ATV.

I made peace with god at sea, and it has destroyed me. I thought i was going home, and still i am stuck in this life of never ending struggle. The women who hold me hold me because of my looks and my money, the "friends" who drink with me only do so out of convenience, and the rest of the world watches as this country is colonized by shitskins.
>>
TN,USA
Cop/Park Ranger
10/10
>>
50, southern California, retired, about to live in an RV full time. Not sure how out that is, but it's more out than staying home.
>>
21, student, germany. I run innawoods 3-5xweek, otherwise not much. About to go on a hike with a cute girl I met though...
>>
>24
> quite my wagecuck life (you can as well.)
>became organic farmer. (Mostly cannabis)
> NorCal
>live in tent, getting ready to thin trees where I am to allow sunlight and start building loghome.

>Notow the grocery store gives me social anxiety even though in the past I have helped teach social skills too cucks and throw events/partys around the city i was at.

Dedicate you life to an aspect of nature and the /out/ will follow.
>>
TEXAS, USA
Instructor
8/10 hunt, fish, own a small ranch
>>
>>1105982
>20
>Central Washington
>RV Sales
>Occasional fishing/hunting during October and November
I just don't have anybody to go with, and I'd rather not go solo
>>
>>1108989
Damn anon how does an old bastard like you find himself on 4chan
>>
File: 1495693351094.jpg (8 KB, 250x200)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
>>1105982
>>1105982
>>age
>>location
Yuropoor Latvia
>>occupation/profession
Armymen
>>how /out/ are you
All day, everday, due to work
>>
>>1109115
I know I am out of place here, but I still enjoy it and on occasion have something of value to offer.
. I am semi retired, divorced, kids grown, have some time and money. I travel a lot. (9 countries this year) sometimes for out activates, like bird hunting in Argentina in June or off shore fishing in Mexico in March. I found the travel board on 4chan first, and by accident. I have always been an /out/ type individual. Got a BS in wildlife biology million years ago. And there you have it.
>>
>>1105982
>>age
>>location
Indiana
>>occupation/profession
Farmhand/student
>>how /out/ are you
Not very anymore, school is taking up too much time.
>>
>>1108989
Holy cats! Someone older than me on this board!
>>
>>1106038
What Branch dude?
>>
>>1106302
Ayup, another Mainer. Where you from bub?
>>
>>age
>>location
Alabama when I'm not over seas or TDY
>>occupation
Military Officer/Pilot
>>how /out/ are you
6/10. Still fly fish a lot. Don't hunt or mountaineer as much as I used to. I really need to get my seaplane rating done.
>>
>>1105982
>>age
Early thirties
>>location
Northern Cascades
>>occupation/profession
Seasonal shit jobs
>>how /out/ are you
Basically live in the woods
>>
Montreal, Canada
Substitute teacher
4/10
spend lots of time shooting rifles and autistic larping in surplus
>>
>age
>location
Ireland
>job
Currently NEET/ carer for sick family member
>/out/ status
0/10

Started browsing /out/ a few months ago, long story short I have about 10 years left of being able to walk (posted this shit on other boards) before I end up in a wheelchair due to arthritis and i'm looking to get off my ass and live a little before then.

Wanna travel, have almost zero budget so figured learning to go /out/ was the best way to see the world. Only started learning but i'll get there.
>>
>>1106153
>/v/ doesn't play vidya
>/ck/ doesn't actually cook
>/fit/ isn't /fit/
>horse board doesn't watch horse show
What else is new on 4chan?
>>
>>1105982
>age
>location
Arizona
>occupation
retailcuck
>/out/cred
Had to move to the city to have any chance at a job so now I don't have the advantage of proximity to the goodshit. Campouts are harder to come by but I take the occasional threeday weekend or just dayhike. I'm trying to figure out what best to do that will let me live out in the rural area but also have the money to support a family.
>>
>>1109952
Fellow /WA/ fag here. South King coubty in the suburbs, lol. I love the natural beauty of this state though and I've been meaning to visit the desert part of it.
>>
>>1110173
Damn son, that sucks.
>>
>26
>NZ
>Farmer
>9/10 going for a surf tomorrow
>>
>27
>Tasmania, Australia
>phd student
>pretty out. Multi-day hikes on the reg. Deer stalking when season. Spear fishing when warm enough. Wallaby/rabbit hunting at least once a month.
>>
>>1105982
Latvia (north europe)
student
8/10, my first alone in forest was in late fall when i was 12, was pretty scared because of lurking wild boars b ut after that i dont have fear, every year me and my 2 friends go out for 3-6 days, longest hike has been 120 km when i was 15.
Outdoor goal is do kungsleden trail in sweden
>>
>>1110809
almost every weekend i hike and drive with enduro moto in latvian wooded wilderness
>>
Rural Germany
Professional gardener, now studying to be a social worker
4/10 but getting better. I used to be /out/ pretty much all the time but then I got married, stopped going outside and got fat. Now I'm losing weight and going outside again because I realised that life without nature is shit.
>>
>>1110809
Kungsleden is my dream as well.
>>
File: IMG_5926.jpg (3.22 MB, 3264x2448)
3.22 MB
3.22 MB JPG
>27
>Broward mang
>Pepsifag
>5/10 compared to the general public, I have landscapers but sometimes I still have to mow the lawn if we get lots of rain. I went 5 days without a hot shower after Irma and almost went crazy.

>>1106287
>very northern WI
The older I get, I really want to just sell everything and go get a cabin up there. My friend/neighbor who I lived next to for 23 years, his grandpa has a cabin outside of Eagle River and he pretty much inherited it now and I would love some property like that.

Sucks tho because when I went there as a kid, there were only a couple other little houses within miles and miles on these couple lakes. I looked at Google Earth of the area recently and I think rich cunts have been building big lake houses in the area. It's still real quiet, but not like it was.
>>
San Diego
Work in finance
I hike every weekend. Day hikes. Started incorporating photography into my hikes but that's not particularly /out/. Considering getting into mushroom foraging if it's ever not dry af down here.
>>
>>1108637
How's life as a park ranger? Been looking into going that route once I finish up at uni
>>
>>1106773
How do you make a living doing this
>>
>>1108637
Im a TN fag as well.
Ive always heard its hard to make a living as a ranger, whats it like?
>>
Middle Tennessee
Retail (Meat Dept)
4/10
>>
>21
>Norway
>Work at an outdoors retailer
>7/10 - I work a lot and don't bother going /out/ unless I have time for some real mountains
>>
South Carolina
Line Cook ($12.15 hourly)
get to hike, fish, hunt and camp 2 days a week, so its not terrible. but south carolina sucks and i have no job skills other than food
>>
>21
>The Netherlands
>Studying Integrated Coastal zone management, currently doing an internship the state forest services
>Dutch/10
>>
>>1105982
Croatia
software developer
i don't do /out/ i live in a basement
>>
Detroit
Weed
4/10
>>
norway
student
not at all. the only /out/ i've gotten the last year is the 50 meters i walk outside to get to school
>>
Minneapolis
Student
2/10 during the school year, 7/10 during the summer. It's hard as fuck to get /out/ now that the phrase 'midterm' means an exam every other week
>>
File: 20170904_082353.jpg (326 KB, 800x480)
326 KB
326 KB JPG
>>1105982
>26, 27 next week
>Missouri
>forklift operator
>try to go hiking/camping every weekend, it helps with my depression a lot to be away from the city
>>
>19, 20 soon
>gilbert az
>student
>not as much since i got my eagle. Im busy as fuck nor do i have a car or job (or friends)
Im working on what im lacking. It will be awhile
>>
vancouver
developer intern @ major software co
every weekend i drive an hour north into the woods and shoot my 22 at dead trees
sometimes camp alone but usually pussy out
>>
>>1105982
>20
>Tronna
>retail
i spend all my time on /out/ but never actually go outside
>>
File: 1494976736070.gif (1.93 MB, 460x259)
1.93 MB
1.93 MB GIF
>>1111316
>>
File: 1505241361050.png (3 KB, 343x543)
3 KB
3 KB PNG
>28
>Toronto, Ontario, Canada
>Medical laboratory technologist
>Out at heart, degenerate soulless city dweller out of necessity

Kill me and end my suffering plz
>>
>>1109312
Army
>>
File: forestrymajorhsu.png (77 KB, 1352x603)
77 KB
77 KB PNG
>>1106190
Hello, i'm 18 and was thinking of attending HSU and becoming a Forester, but you make it sound terrible. Can you help me decide if it is right for me? There aren't many foresters online.
I have some questions:
>How did you become a forester?
>What concentration should I do in pic related?
>Should I go for a Masters in Natural Resources?
>How's the job market?
>Why is it depressing?
>Should I major in Wildlife Management and Conservation or Conservation Biology instead?

Sorry if I sound like a fag but I just want you opinion and general tips
>>
>age
>location
San Diego, California USA
>occupation/profession
Student/Unemployed
>how /out/ are you
Zero, I want to become a Forester in NorCal and help create the State of Jefferson

Also need help with this >>1114952
>>
>>1105982
>24
>Texas
>Security Cuck
>1/10
Fucking hate the outdoors but I love the gear and the idea of hiking/camping. More into SHTF prep than anything.
>>
>>1114961
Sounds autistic
>>>pol
>>
>>1106190
How much do you make? Where do you live?
>>
>>1105982
>>age
>>location
Denmark
>>occupation/profession
Student - Nutrition and Health
>>how /out/ are you
1/10, i would go more, but i'm not really sure where to do and my googlefu is apprently very weak.
>>
>>1115007
http://naturstyrelsen.dk/naturoplevelser/overnatning/smaa-lejrpladser/
>>
>>1115018
Can't believe i didn't think of this. Thanks Anon, looks like it's time to start planning a weekend trip.
>>
File: 20171005_115643-1.jpg (1.5 MB, 1230x1481)
1.5 MB
1.5 MB JPG
20/m
Minnesota
Brick and block mason, fur trapper, snow remover
Depends on time of year, trapping season every day, rest of the year, weekends or every other weekend.
>>
>>1105982
Britain
Vagrant
I can stay out almost 300 days per year
and grow and forage about half my food
>>
>23
>Central Mississippi
>Landscaping/irrigation Army vet
>I'm outside all day and in my off time I practice traditional archery, so I guess I'm pretty /out/
I'd like to get back into camping though
>>
>>1112854
>I have no job skills other than food
You can easily get entry level positions at many trade jobs without experience if you're interested
>>
File: 20170830_183840.jpg (3.42 MB, 4032x3024)
3.42 MB
3.42 MB JPG
>21
>environmental field technician
>decent/10

Work outside a lot, but recreational weekend warrior
>>
>>1112854
If you're any good at your job, you should try n get into a supervisor role. That way you can put "management" on your resumé. And if you get even higher where you aren't in the kitchen 100% of the time, you can add "customer service" too. Employers always love seeing "management" because it means that you don't need somebody to hold your hand and once they train you, you will be reliable on your own without somebody babysitting you.
>>
Southeast IA
Union construction wireman
/out/ not as much as I'd like to. The hiking and camping around here is pretty lame. Been to Colorado a few times but I just bought my first house so I don't have much funds right now
>>
>>1105982
>>age
>>location
Kentucky
>>occupation/profession
Front-end websites (data entry)
>>how /out/ are you
Less and less each day.
>>
>>1106172
I wish to be you. I'm currently struggling with my pre reqs for the rn program at my Community College. I want all that free time to be able to go and afford /out/. Let's hope I make it.
>>
>18
>San Diego
>EMT
>bug-out boy
>>
File: nightwalk1.jpg (1.9 MB, 4160x3120)
1.9 MB
1.9 MB JPG
>>1105982
>19
>BC
>Fruit & Vegetable Technician
>Maybe like a 4/10, I do gardening and hike with the naturalists club every week, but I haven't been camping for a while. (Not since the ants)

Oh, I also walk everywhere, usually 10-15km/day.

I've decided to save up 20% of my earnings to go towards /out/ related trips and gear, so hopefully that'll change soon.
>>
>>1106109
>MO
>Space and Defense Company
You in the St Charles area, by chance?
>>
>>1105982
>23
>FL
>Software development
>1/10. Been browsing /out/ recently because I want to get back into it (did Boy Scouts in middle / high school)
>>
File: IMG_4112.jpg (2.95 MB, 4032x3024)
2.95 MB
2.95 MB JPG
>>1106400
> 27
> Brussels
> Programmer
> 2 weekends a month
I can hook you up, Dutch bro
>>
>>1105982
seattle area
dr.
I don't get to be /out/ until retirement for now I live vicariously through this board
>>
France
labor woker/temp
7/10 i get to travel and hike 2 times a year usually,and live in a coastal/forested area.Winter is coming tho and i'll /out a lot less til march/april
>>
Eastern Shore
Waterman
On the water every day, hunt ducks and deer, head west and backpack for a few weeks every few months
>>
> 18
> Bergen, Norway
> Electricians apprentice
> Hiking trips with friends every couple of months
>>
>39
>Derby, UK
>Manage a small fabrication firm
>Fishing most of my free time

Kinda /out/ I guess. I live semi-rural and I tend to explore a lot of new places, often when fishing light. Do coarse/game/sea fishing all over the place, used to shoot but not so much these days.
>>
>>1105982
turkey
student
not as much as I'd like to be ;_; I am pretty /out/ when it's summer but at other times I am basically not /out/ at all, trapped in ist*nbul
>>
>>1118152
...you mean at 50 I'm not the oldest one here? I'm flabbergasted.
>>
Bay area, CA
Programmer
alpinist, big wall climber, surfer
>>
>>1105982
Murica Illinois
mowing small engine repair firewood other odd jobs farm stuff manual labor
normally outside most of every day with work
hunting shooting fishing
just doing what I does
>>
File: rsz_img_20161027_134032.jpg (1.05 MB, 1494x2656)
1.05 MB
1.05 MB JPG
>26
>USA
>traveling music bum
>9/10
>>
>>1115256
I am and have been trying to get an electricians apprenticeship. Hopefully that goes through, itll be $16 hourly if i get it
>>
File: twobears.jpg (76 KB, 960x540)
76 KB
76 KB JPG
>>1106193
I hear that.
>29
>Live in outskirts of DC work in Baltimore
>Medical industry cuck
>Used to be all /out/ all the time. Now I'm lucky to have time for a jog in a park.

Currently applying to shit with big mountains and/or low populations. DGAF if it's hot/cold near/far
>>
>>1111287
I thought you were a boomer
>>
>>1106517
see
>>1118942
>>
>>1108979
I bet you live in Hayfork or Eureka you dumb hippy
>>
>24
>Norcal(Real Norcal not that bay shizz)
>FedEx Freight Driver/Kind of management
>p.out/10. I got out a lot hiking, kayaking, and biking on the weekends when I have time. I make plenty of money to support it and get every weekend off so that's nice
>>
File: IMG_5720.jpg (2.77 MB, 4032x3024)
2.77 MB
2.77 MB JPG
>>1118944
Everybody thinks I'm either a nigger or a boomer.

All of my customers at work think I'm like mid-30s and married with kids. I guess it's how I talk to people and impart wisdom beyond my years. Not the nigger part tho, that comes from Newports and pics of my hands.
>>
>>1119045
I had you pictured as a fat boomer, cross between redneck and yuppie. The kind of guy that wears striped polos with shorts and birkenstocks. Pepsi hat. Sitting by a creek drinking light beer catching gay fish.
>>
>>1119050
Kek, you didn't see the other thread where I posted a pic of myself and so many people were amazed that I wasn't black, a boomer, or a disgusting neckbeard and I think there may have been some gay fags fapping to me which kinda sucks but I'll take it as a compliment.
>>
>>1119050
>>1119055
Actually the cross between redneck and yuppie might be ok. I will be wearing an American Eagle flannel, smell like a combination of cologne and fish, and drinking Starbuck's while smoking a Newport.

I hope you're ready...
https://archive.nyafuu.org/out/thread/1099410/
>>
>>1119059
That is waaaay more normie than i wanted to believe
We need a faces of /out/ yearbook thing like /k/ does
>>
>>1119065
I'll bring the brownies
>>
>>1119070
I'll bring the frosting
>>
>>1119059
Guy who wrote "Pepsi is the cause of a lot of hard dicks tonight" here. I was shitposting. While it may have been true, mine was not among them.
>>
>>1119091
Gay
>>
File: hunter helper.png (148 KB, 1764x1746)
148 KB
148 KB PNG
Minnesota
Urban Planner
Did the whole Boy Scouts thing and now only really go camping a couple times a year up north when I go grouse hunting with my dog. Still go outside and go for hikes pretty frequently especially with my dog.
>>
File: 1415432038919.jpg (105 KB, 600x711)
105 KB
105 KB JPG
>>1119138
>Urban Planner
>Minnesota

Oooooh thank god.

Serious question; Do you and your supervisors understand that traffic signals are supposed to be used to make roads MORE, not LESS efficient?

It is obvious to any idiot that the opposite has been taking place in the twin cities for at least a decade.

What the actual FUCK is going on? Help me to understand why it is backwards-day every day in Minnesota.
>>
>>1119147
The cops do it to mess with you.
>>
>age
>location
Alabama
>occupation/profession
warehouse slave
>how /out/ are you
Just fishing. But I'll try anything once. Wouldn't mind going hunting one day.
>>
>>1105982
Northern Jutland, Denmark
Electrical engineering student
Dont come out that often, going out to public shelters once in a while each summer.
>>
>>1105986
>23
>Oregon
>Bartender at a ski resort/Paddling instructor

I used to be a full time raft guide but I got tired of living out of my truck. You really have to love the "lifestyle" if your gonna do it for more than a couple seasons. It was fun, but there's a lot more stability in teaching flatwater classes instead in a big city.

>10/10 for /out/ employment but 0/10 for recent /out/ings

I have 3 WW kayaks and a snowboard and I havent used any of them outside my work for about 4 months (there's a ski resort in the Cascades that stays open through the summer). I only did 1 camping trip this year and a handful of long hikes.

Hopefully Oregon will get the la nina that was forecasted for this winter and we will get tons of snow and I can get stoked about going /out/ again.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.