[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k] [s4s] [vip] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/out/ - Outdoors

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 1506072055341.jpg (80 KB, 640x640)
80 KB
80 KB JPG
#193-"THICC" Edition

Previous Thread:
>>1102546

Thinking about picking up a new hobby? Want to get a memecaster? Haven't mastered the Palomar knot? Click here!
http://www.pastebin.com/u/fishingandtackle
https://imgur.com/a/1Xw3N

Talk about fishin
>>
Have any of you eaten goldfish before?
>>
One time in college I dropped my friend's goldfish into a beer and drank it. So, technically, yes.

Check, m8. Your play.
>>
File: largest-goldfish.jpg (44 KB, 635x343)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
>>1106399
I ask because goldfish are just offshoots of asian carp that were raised for food and, through random mutations, became red/orange/yellow and started being kept as pets. They can actually get pretty large.
>>
>>1106404
I think right now is a good time to start researching goldfish recipes because giant salt-resistant invasie goldfishies are being found in areas of Australia and biologists are pretty conerned. Eat'em up I says.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-09-21/mutant-salt-resistant-goldfish-leave-river-take-over-world/8966776
>>
>>1106409
Even if we're only talking about freshwater, they're really invasive.
>>
Any tips for fishing in a wheelchair?
>>
>>1106415
always make sure you have a fishing permit if required, follow regulations, comply with the reasonable requests of wardens/rangers, be respectful of your fellow fishermen, and most importantly - have a good time!
>>
>>1106416
Cripples don't need fishing permits in my area.
>>
File: hi_five.png (3 KB, 493x402)
3 KB
3 KB PNG
>>1106421
fucking sweet
>>
>>1106422
Check your own local and state fishing regs.
You don't want to get fined/have your shit confiscated because you got trolled by someone on an anonymous Iranian carpet weaving image board.
>>
>>1106446
I would not call that trolling as it is not uncommon for states to let Lt.Dans fish for free. That still does not mean they should not read the rules and regulations for their area.
>>
>>1106470
My state they have to be quadriplegic (or under 16 or over 65) to not need a license.

No, don't ask me how a quadriplegic is going to actually do any fishing. No, sitting there while someone else fishes for you isn't fishing in either the common or legal definition.
>>
>>1106415
purchase fishing gear that will break before it tips your chair over
>>
>>1106505
I think that's why.
If you're talented enough to catch fish with no arms or legs, they'll let you out of admiration even if nothing else.
I know I'd be impressed enough to let them do it if I was a cop or game warden.
>>
>>1106505
There are also incomplete quadriplegics who can move arms, but either have no feeling, no fine motor control or nowhere near enough strength in their arms to function normally.
My mom was a visiting nurse who cared for one when I was a kid.
>>
>>1106514
Agreed. I couldn't imagine how big of a dick some LEO would have to be to ticket a (legit) cripple for fishing without a license unless he was breaking other laws too.

>>1106519
While this is true those...really don't meet the medical definition of a quadriplegic though. However, the SOLE metric for what my state judges that off is "did you get a medical doctor to sign the state-provided medical waiver" and I know people with nothing wrong with them that either had an MD family member sign it or simply found an MD with no scruples they could pay off for it.

There's apparently no recourse the state can take against a doctor basically lying on the form, and there's apparently no recourse the state can take against somebody who got the form signed that doesn't qualify.
>>
Good lord, never knew gafftops could fight. Caught a 19 inch one today on cut shad and genuinely though I had a keeper red on the end of the line they way it was fighting.
>>
>>1106446
https://www.ontario.ca/faq/do-i-need-fishing-licence-if-i-have-disability
>>
New to fishing a fly rod. Any tips? I've caught river trout on fly and a bubble but they don't seem to like me on a fly rod.
>>
>>1106644
Use an indicator. Should be similar to how you have done it before. Make sure your fly line is not dragging or pulling your fly.
>>
Today I went for a nice walk at the beach and there was this old fella with 3 rods along the way. The sea was kinda rough but he seemed to be doing ok, he had cought at least an hand full of fish.
>>
Tfw this was a report of a portion of the river today

Still havnt gotten a response to my email either :(
>>
Should I put braid on my cheap $30 Walmart spinning combo?
>>
>>1106808
Wouldn't hurt. All spinning reels are the fucking same anyway just the drag on that reel is probably trash.
>>
>>1106815
drag doesn't matter for bass.
>>
>>1106841
>#bassfightsmatter
>>
>>1106844
>#allfightsmatter
Fuck I'm exhausted. I can't wait til shit calms down and I can fish more. At least I refused to work Saturday.
>>
Has anyone given you guys shit for eating "sport fish" like largemouth bass?
>>
>>1106851
Maybe I could remember, if I felt like giving any fucks about what those people think.
But I hate those people, so fuck them.
>>
Had a priddy gud day out on the gulf with a mirrolure and some cheap ozark trail lures in the clearance section of walmart. I didn't even know that walmart made fishing lures but they worked surprisingly well especially since they were only $.50 a piece.

>>1106851
I've never gotten shit for eating saltwater sport fish but I think eating bass is kind of weird. It doesn't really taste that great imo and you are taking away from the small pool of decent sport fish in an area.
>>
Hey Texas Bros, planning a trip to Galveston on Sunday, anyone know of any decent spots that probably won't be crowded with people? Gonna be taking someone who gets bad anxiety around a large number of people and I never fished in Galveston before.
>>
File: IMG_1345.jpg (4.74 MB, 3264x2448)
4.74 MB
4.74 MB JPG
>>1106389
Man that is a THICC red. Girl is lean and nice but I like thicc. Also what is this guy? Caught in a salt creek on shrimp. Juvenile sea bass?
>>
>>1106883
Or what about lake Conroe? That's another possibility for me
>>
>>1106865
It's not like you eat the really big ones, though.
>>
>>1106865
Up above 15lbs you're right, but even largemouth bass with shit genetics will reach 7-8lbs, and fish over 10lbs is not at all uncommon given enough food and warm water.
The big secret is keeping people from taking them out of the lake. If you can do that, the size will come.
>>
whats the advantages of a 'soft' rod?

What are the advantages of a medium-slow action rod rathern than a fast rod?

I tried googlign this shit but all i can find is what defines a fast action rod, what this that is and it gets confusing and doesnt tell me how it actually affects stuff.

Is one better than the other?
>>
>>1107106
slower rods protect light line better because the increased bend allows you to put less pressure on a fish while still getting consistent pressure, and when the fish shakes its head the soft rod bounces and wiggles more, absobing the shock of the head shakes and runs. thats really about it.
>>
>>1107106
>>1107109
Slower rods have more give. Whether that be for fighting the fish, or hooking it.

For moving baits like cranks, swim jigs, spinnerbaits, etc. you'll want a slower action so the hooks get set better. Crankbaits especially
>>
>>1106900
Juvie black sea bass they're pretty aggresive when they school up near structure. Pretty good fight on light gear
>>
>>1107109
>>1107209
Cool, so the advantage of fast action is that you feel it more as its sensitive, but what are the other advantages and the disadvantages over a slower rod?

Thanks
>>
>>1107271
a fast action rod lets you strike faster and harder, as well as have better feel, and give more accurate presentations with a jig (imagine bouncing a half ounce jig with a wooden stick vs a pool noodle and you will understand the difference in that) however, the faster rod puts more shock in the line on a hook strike, because its in the stiff butt section almost instantly. a slow action rod will be better for protecting line (imagine 8 lb line with a 30 pound fish on it, and you will under stand why a slow action fiberglass rod is popular for them) and on that same token, calms hook sets, because on a crankbait, you are already cranking hard enough that a fish can almost set the hook on its self, then you add in a jerk, that is a lot of force, and the slower rod helps absorb that, so you will be less likely to break your line, straighten a hook, or tear the lure out of the fish's face.
>>
>>1107271
>>1107277
To add; in essence a fast action is for Texas rigs, Carolina rigs, jigs, jerkbaits, frogs, drop shots, shakey heads, and anything else with a move-stop-move retrieve.

A moderate-fast action is for swim jigs, spinnerbaits, buzzbaits, chatterbaits, or anything else with a single, thick hook that is constantly moving.

A moderate action is for crankbaits, wakebaits, hard swimbaits, spoons, inline spinners, and anything else with multiple treble hooks that is constantly moving.

Of course, some pros or "pros" like to stray from this guide to be special snowflakes
>>
>>1107295
>>1107277
and a slow action is for big fish on light tackle, like salmon, where you will sometimes be forced to face off with a 30 pound fish in a river with 10 lb line
>>
Would switching from 6lb to 4 or 2 lb test improve casting on light lures?
>>
>>1107323
it should
>>
>>1106644
Try fishing with streamers, like a wooly bugger. That will help with basic mechanics (casting, line control) and will catch fish.
>>
File: IMG_1351.jpg (1.59 MB, 3264x2448)
1.59 MB
1.59 MB JPG
>>1107216
Thx friend. It's truly a tiny one eh. Same place I've seen a dude pull up a 30lb redfish
>>
WHERE ARE THE FISH
WHERE HAVE THEY GONE
>>
rise and shine /out/doorsmen!
>>
>work all week
>sunny
>comes sunday, finally you can go fishing
>rains
fuck everything.
>>
>>1107360
Deeper than you think, and most likely schooling.
Think about it: they're not spawning, so they don't have hormones driving them insane. Now that they're sane fish, they do the things normal fish do, such as seeking out their favorite water temperature and following schools of food fish.
>>
>>1107465
Get out there anyway, you can still catch fish in the rain, wear appropriate gear
>>
whats the thinnest knot for mono to flouro leader?

or is the nature of the two line always going to create a bulky ass knot?
>>
>>1107589
I aleays use surgeons knot for my leaders/tippets cause you can cut the tage ends really short
>>
File: image.jpg (2.53 MB, 4032x3024)
2.53 MB
2.53 MB JPG
>>1107589
I like Uni-Uni because I can tie them really clean and if you can get the tag real tight, it's not too bad.

Lots of people like Albright/Alberto or the FG.

>>1107465
I feel ya. Wasted my Saturday chillin with Venezuelan #2 and playing high school sweethearts in my car and got no fishin done. Now today it's pouring outside and I have to do laundry.
>>
>>1107615
>parks $20,000 SUV outside in the weather where niggers can break into it
>parks $350 moped in the garage where it's clean and safe
No wonder you can't catch a good fish, karma is taking a shit on your for being literally retarded
>>
>>1107635
Niggers aren't allowed east of US1 so it's ok.

I normally have my drums inside the garage too but I had to move a ton of shit around so I could get both cars and the scoot inside here for Irma.
>>
>>1107000
I was up at Lake Conroe last spring, beautiful forest and a beautiful lake. I can't say much for the fishing though (I was hiking the lone star trail)

I'm sure there's plenty of isolated spots along lake Conroe's fingers you can fish from
>>
>>1107589
fg knot
>>
File: image.jpg (151 KB, 1334x750)
151 KB
151 KB JPG
>>1107000
That's a bit of a drive from Galveston, but I'm sure you could find somewhere decent to fish there.

If you really really want to catch some salty fish rent a kayak and go out into the canals at night. That's the only fishing I've done in Galveston though, so I don't know about good shore spots.
>>
>>1107652
>fg knot for mono to flouro

King googan right here
>>
File: fg-knot.jpg (69 KB, 728x846)
69 KB
69 KB JPG
>>1107359
Same thing happens up here in the northeast. You catch a bunch of dinks and a guy pulls up a 30lb striper. >>1107652
>fg knot
That's....really confusing to do
>>
>>1107786
fg knot is only good when tying braid to mono or flouro.
>>
>>1107786
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oohOoOOmbNk

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FOfQhzrob9U

It's really not that hard. It might take a few times to get it down.

I wouldn't use it for a flouro to mono knot, but I don't see why it wouldn't work.
>>
>>1107786
oh oops i read wrong, blood knot, albright knot, or double uni
>>
is it cheating to tie a fly out of fish flesh to try to sight fish a stingray with a fly rod? ive never even heard of them taking a lure other than a snag
>pic unrelated
>>
File: alberto_knot.jpg (61 KB, 728x758)
61 KB
61 KB JPG
>>1107798
>>1107839
Do an alberto knot for braid to flouro/mono. Smallest knot connection
>>
>>1107907
smallest, maybe, but not slimmest or strongest.
>>
>>1107919
Ehh 30% percent difference between the two. If i had to chose between the two I prefer the alberto cause it's easier to tie especially at the beach.
>>
>>1108041
fair enough, i prefer the performance of the fg knot, and im willing to spend an extra minute or two tying it for that reason. i just know i've tied fg knots that have failed partially but still held. i've never had a knot that forgiving, that even if it slips, its not over yet.
>>
File: IMG_0634.jpg (1.58 MB, 3264x2448)
1.58 MB
1.58 MB JPG
>>1107786
I catch red there usually low end or barely slot size. One time a motherfucker pulled a big ass bull red on dead shrimp while I was there shit was crazy.
>>
>>1108058
>pic
thats good bait right there
>>
>>1108058
Dude i know the feeling, i gotta bring heavier tackle with me whenever i fish an area
>>
>>1107786
FG knot is confusing and hard to get right at first - don't despair. It will take some tries but once you get it, it is fairly simple and fast to tie.
Probably best for braid to mono/fluoro though but try it out.
>>1107907
FG is both smaller and stronger than Alberto. With Alberto you have the thick mono doubled as opposed to only single with FG.
It is easier to tie though but as I said above FG is not that difficult once you get the hang of it.
>>
>>1107862
Why? It's like snagging bottom they'll stick to the bottom and not move
>>
Wish.com is selling knock off livetarget baitball cranks for 1$
>>
>>1108194
I wouldn't even tie on the real MemeBall™ if I got it for free.
>>
>>1108194
>>1108220
This. I wouldn’t buy a legit memeball for $1. They suck
>>
>>1108220>>1108221
They're really that bad?
>>
>>1108239
Not in my experience. They look nice and run true. Only problem is they're $10 and the hooks suck
>>
>>1108239
The lips break super easily and fish don't seem to care for them. Livetarget products are pure marketing hype. The only good lures they make are frogs and soft swimbaits.
>>
>>1108239
I bought a couple when I got them for sale for like $7ea. Thought they looked awesome at first but after using them, I was very unimpressed. The idea is cool, but I don't think it really makes a big difference while fishin. The action isn't even great, I would take a Yo-Zuri for $5 less all day. Also people say the lips break easily but I haven't bashed mine around enough.
>>
>>1108239
They're fine. They have some cool designs that probably don't really help fish, but they look neat.

Savage Gear makes the superior meme baits though.
>>
Can you fish for trout and bass with the same rod?
Like if i have a medium or a medium/heavy rod, will it be too strong to finesse a trout?
>>
>>1108316
You could probably get away with a softer medium, but I feel like a medium light would work better
>>
>>1108332
So I should get a separate rod for the type of fish?
>>
>>1108335
It's always better to have a rod specific to the task if you can afford it. Someone who actually fishes for trout can chime in, but I would assume you'll want to go with a light, maybe ultralight, rod if it's just for trout.
>>
>>1108316
I don't see why not but as >>1108341 says it is better to a rod for each purpose (and a chest full of gold to pay for all those rods).
It also matters where you fish for said trout. River, lake, open coast, fjords (inlet/bay) can all hold trout and with different conditions comes different needs.
To cut it clean: yes, you can fish for trout and bass with the same rod. Just as well as you can fish for roach and great white sharks with the same rod. Your experience might vary.
If I were you I would just go and give it a shot and see what it's like. If you find your current rod completely unsuitable, go get another one more suited for your needs.
>>
>>1108341
>>1108346
Thanks guys, I'll give it a try and see how it goes.
>>
>>1108190
not a butterfly ray
but because it would be funny, honestly
>>
>>1108316
Yes depending on where you catch the bass. I catch all of my bass with 6lb test UL fenwick my dad uses for trout.

Yet I fish rivers and a few ponds that aren't chocked and matted with weeds so I'm not hauling or punching vegetation along with the fish.
>>
File: IMG_20170925_100944.jpg (330 KB, 906x494)
330 KB
330 KB JPG
Ate a marabou jig
>>
File: IMG_20170925_134000.jpg (508 KB, 948x801)
508 KB
508 KB JPG
Ate the same marabou jig
>>
>>1106851

I think fish in the black bass family taste good. Fish within the 1-2 lb range taste pretty similar to sunfish. I wouldn't eat them if they're bigger than 5 lbs because they cane tend to get mushy. I think smallmouth are much better eating than largemouth.
>>
Hey /fish/

Noob here
I'm going to the West coast of Scotland in a couple of weeks for the first time in years and I fancy breaking out my old fishing rod and trying to pull some shit out of the sea/sea lochs
Last time I was in Scotland I remember heading down to Mallaig pier with some mackrel feathers and hauling out mackrel pretty easily. Tried some spinners as well but didn't have much luck

Any tips on catching more interesting stuff or tips on spinning for fish of piers?
I don't really have much gear but I have a decent spinning rod and old french reel that looks like it's from the 50's and other miscelaneous stuff my Grandad gave me.

Any advice appreciated
>>
>>1108471
>I think smallmouth are much better eating than largemouth
They tend to stick to colder water. Even within the same species, a fish caught in colder water will taste better and have better texture than a fish caught in warmer water 100% of the time, and it only takes a few degrees' difference in water temperature to be noticeable.

Hell there's a lake near me that's generally deep but there's one point of shallow water. I could go out there and catch 6 fish from deep water and 1 off the point, have someone blindfold me while they filet and cook all the fish, and I will be able to tell you which one came off the point 90%+ of the time based on taste and texture because the water was 5* warmer.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (27 KB, 480x360)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
>>1108525
Get bait always works, high low rigs with a size 6 hooks works
>>
https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/together-faqs?cm_sp=CblAqSep2017_EMAIL&om_rid=Nt-AWs&om_mid=_BZyXVaB9gegzhE

Incase y'all had some questions about Cabelas and Bass Pro combining
>>
>>1108646
When did this happen?
>>
>>1108389
The fuck is that and where does it live so I can never go there.
Damn thing has a fucking nose.
>>
>>1108709
It happened awhile ago. It's just now official.
>>
>>1108712
It is a catfish and that is a stumped whisker not a nose.
>>
>>1108389
>>1108731
Little mouth and chin, then nose
>>
File: 1506361124310.jpg (144 KB, 906x494)
144 KB
144 KB JPG
>>1108755
woops
>>
File: IMG_0850.jpg (1.94 MB, 3264x2448)
1.94 MB
1.94 MB JPG
>>1108259
Funny story in a pond I'm near I was fishing for brim with jigs. I got a small one on and near the weed line what must have been a 3lb bass tackles him. I still got him in though. They go nuts for poppers and buzzbaits there too. Also what do people think of the bluegill swimbaits? Any success stories?
>>
File: 1493922368557.jpg (51 KB, 500x375)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
>>1106389
https://youtu.be/RCzyDQV2bLg

To catch the fish you must become the fish through absorbing its soul.
>>
>>1108759
Stumped whisker like he said.

i.e. it's had its whisker cut/pulled off and you're looking at what remains of it.
>>
>the catching nothing but shitty sea robins
Should I eat these fuckers?
>>
>>1108973
If they are reasonably safe in terms of contaminants, sure. I say stew 'em!
>>
Pretty good smallie bit this morning.

Couple 3+ pounders.

Trying for a topwater large mouth bite in a inlet coming into he lake
>>
Where's that other Dick's associate anon? Did your coupon codes work?
>>
>>1109109
Yeah. System was down most of the allotted block so they extended it to 2CST.
>>
Been fishing since 6am. Taking a 2-3 hr break then going wading at sundown for walleye. Any day I get to spend 10+ hours fishing is a good day

Also god fuckin damn were the small mouth jacked up today. I’ve never in my life seen smallmouth fight so damn hard. Things where pulling drag none stop for a solid 5+ mins and refused to let me reel in the slightest bit of line without making a 50 yard run. Really makes me wonder why I spend so much time at the pond fishing pathetic large mouth when catching 5 of these brutes was enough fun to satisfy me for the week. Plus they are so pretty
>>
>>1109173
The lure in pic related was the only thing I threw all day. A local guy my buddy’s knows made them. Tipped it with a night crawler and it worked awesome. Nailed smallies, perch, big gills, a lot of pickeral, and a surprise freshwater drum all in today’s outing with it. As bold as it may be I honestly might like this thing better than a Mepps™
>>
>>1109179
It looks like someone threw a big willow blade on My First Anal Beads™
>>
>>1109186
Basicly what it is. Could easily make your own. Worked really good today though. And that color seemed to really out do the rest of the ones we had for some reason

Here’s the big stinky retard of a pickeral I got. Had a bunch more but they were snakes. Had one that was a for sure bigger than his but he got off. My buddy had a big one on too (we think the same one I had) but he got chomped off and lost his rig :(
>>
>>1109190
You'll see a lot of pros using stuff with purple for smallies.
>>
>>1109172
I heard. What'd you use yours on?
>>
>>1109209
During the day?

I have this Strike King night spinnerbait that has a big round purple blade but haven't used it much because I always get frustrated throwing lures at night.
>>
>>1109222
Couple golf polos for my wife, some meme broadheads, 2 bowfishing arrows, and some camo shirts for both myself and my wife.
>tfw could do BOPIS with it
I have everything already except my wife's camo shirts.
>>
>>1109232
How did you get so much shit? I only got a rod, hat, and backpack
>>
>>1109235
...boss gave me like 3 pages of coupons? I dunno, I didn't even use all the ones that actually had my name on them and we got coupons for people who hadn't worked there in years.
>>
>>1109209
Purple a greatest lure color then
>>
Rnd 2
>>
>>1109225
I think I mostly see it on drop shot baits. Not like dark purple, but like the translucent smoke purple type deal. Or purple fleck.
>>
File: IMG_2133.jpg (2.21 MB, 1694x2259)
2.21 MB
2.21 MB JPG
Caught this today.

Anybody know what kind of fish this is?
>>
File: IMG_2134.jpg (1.52 MB, 1815x2420)
1.52 MB
1.52 MB JPG
>>1109316
another pic
>>
>>1109317
it's a minnow species or something, look up tench.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyprinidae
>>
>>1109274
>waders
Hitting streams for smallies?
>>
>>1109320
Guy I was with told me it was a sheephead, or freshwater drum. Does that sound right?
>>
>>1109327
No while it looks like it, dead giveaway is the mouth
>>
>>1109316
Beat guess freshwater drum. Fresh body of water yes?
>>
>>1109337
Yes. Lake Lake Nipissing in Ontario
>>
>>1109338
didn't mean to say lake twice, lol
>>
>>1108973
Yes they're pretty good just bit bony. Sea robins are good in bouibasse
>>
File: IMG_1382.jpg (2.73 MB, 3264x2448)
2.73 MB
2.73 MB JPG
>>1109338
What'd you catch him on?
>>
>>1109316
freshwater drum. they fight hard, yeah?
>>1109327
yep
>>
>>1109357
A worm

>>1109367
Oh yeah he put up a good fight
>>
>>1109368
people say they are a neussance, but then put in 3X the money to catch a bass half the size that doesnt fight just to let the bass go, too
>>
>>1109372
think you just summed up freshwater fishing in a nutshell.
>>
File: IMG_0970.jpg (2.9 MB, 3264x2448)
2.9 MB
2.9 MB JPG
>>1109368
No doubt it's a drum. Saltwater drum are famed sportfish for their fight. These guys are too.
>>
>>1109401
These guys (freshwater drum). They still will pull drag, are heavy, and some Poole say they are really good eating.
>>
>>1109401
Little hammerheads are cute as fuck
>>
>>1109401
>that face
kawaiiii~~
>>
PEPSI IS CUTE
>>
>>1109325
Nope. Slinging jerkbaits for walleye.

First one I ever caught wading. also the biggest walleye I’ve ever caught (no bully)
>>
>>1109409
i think thats a bonnethead
>>1109403
>really good eating
i've heard that to cook them you nail them to a plank of wood, bake it in the oven with vegies, then scrape it all off and eat the board
>>
I just came
>>
>>1106415
I recommend you fish in a lake or a river, I don't think you'll catch much in a wheelchair
>>
>>1109419
You're probably right. Either way still a qt
>>
File: 57.png (111 KB, 204x226)
111 KB
111 KB PNG
Alright I'm tired of getting skunked where the FUCK do I fish near San Antonio?
>>
>>1109413
When do I start getting fan mail?

>>1109276
I still like it with the soft plastics in fairly murky water. Also I gotta try those Fire & Ice Culprits I grabbed if I can ever get out fishin.
>>
File: IMG_1381.jpg (2.28 MB, 2448x2448)
2.28 MB
2.28 MB JPG
>>1109409
Ye. I miss these bonnethead. I was only able to catch them for about 3 weeks pre summer. Only hit shrimp. I caught a big ass one once and being a fucking Googan it broke my rod.
>>
File: IMG_0658.jpg (2.38 MB, 3264x2448)
2.38 MB
2.38 MB JPG
>>1109417
My biggest walleye was about 13" caught him from a break wall about 2300 throwing plugs. I love that shit. Had I been there longer would have caught more.
>>
File: (you).png (8 KB, 226x223)
8 KB
8 KB PNG
>>1106389
Just installed a fish finder on my kayak.

Water Temps are starting to drop below 65 degrees.

Who here ready for Fall Trout Fishing.
>>
File: shooner.jpg (1.71 MB, 1944x2592)
1.71 MB
1.71 MB JPG
>>1109433
when you fish the mullet run, it should be there by now
>>1109429
try in the water
>>1109452
he has some great colours
>>
File: IMG_0864.jpg (2.48 MB, 3264x2448)
2.48 MB
2.48 MB JPG
>>1109433
post address

have a tomales bay under-limit leopard shark
>>
>>1107295
This guy actually knows what he's talking about.
>>
>>1106415
Yeah, it's the same as fishing without one apart from you'll obviously need better access, be mindful of being able to get close enough to net a larger fish (depending on what sort of fishing you want to do).

You don't really need legs to fish, you'll work around it. Fuck, when I fish the canals or rivers in the UK I barely get out of my seat anyway.
>>
File: IMG_20170605_085834.jpg (2.85 MB, 2610x4640)
2.85 MB
2.85 MB JPG
>>1106415
Light rock fishing wheelbro! It is light and you cast with only one hand. It targets small hunting fishing but never the less it's a fun past time as your tackle and setup is so light that the battles can be quite interesting. You can do from ports, jetties and in general man made wheel chair accessible places. It is also quite cheep and you can use both tiny plastics and super metal jigs. Just remember c n r is the name of the game... and you never know when that yellow amberjack may appear....
Pic related and a guide to get you started.
http://britishseafishing.co.uk/fishing-tactics/lrf-light-rock-fishing/
>>
>>1109537
Sounds fun, though my intent is primarily to put food on the table. How many potential targets are actually edible (in/around the Great Lakes)?
>>
>>1109535
No fly fishing though, eh?
>>
Any worthwhile fishing apps for android?
>>
File: skampo.jpg (287 KB, 1600x900)
287 KB
287 KB JPG
>>1109537
Also if you have the money and a friend to help you carp match fishing is also a good alternative (at least in my country it is practiced mainly in harbours once again making it accessible for your wheels) it is a float fishing live bait (mainly fly large called bigatinni)technique called inglese fishing in continental Europe where you target small to medium fish right in front of you by first feeding the area in front of you with small scrap bait to attract the fishes and the casting your rod in that area. Unfortunately I can't find a guide as it is mainly practiced in Italy and Greece usually by really old people as it is a waiting game (one of the few techniques where do everything sitting down) but here is a carp match fishing guide that it is essentially the same...
https://www.google.gr/amp/s/blog.fishtec.co.uk/beginners-guide-to-match-fishing/amp
Pic related a basic setup note the sling that is used to "feed" the area to attract the fishes.
>>
File: IMG_20170527_095046.jpg (4.73 MB, 2610x4640)
4.73 MB
4.73 MB JPG
>>1109541
Sorry bro I'm uropoor and mainly fishing in the Mare Nostrum so I don't know amerifat lake fishing trivia
>>
>>1109545
Wouldn't be fishing on the American side, bruh.
>>
>>1109546
You could try heavy rock fishing but I'm not sure if it would work from man made structures...
https://issuu.com/jerseybassguides/docs/hrfw
>>
File: IMG_5241.jpg (3.92 MB, 4032x3024)
3.92 MB
3.92 MB JPG
>>1109483
I got too distracted and haven't been fishin for shit lately. Whenever I have some free time or extra energy, that girl is down to hang out. It sucks.

>>1109488
The sad thing is there are a whole lot of anons who have my address. And everybody has my meme-mail.

That other thread is funny bc so many minds are blown since 1- I'm not black and 2- not 100% a neckbeard. And none of those pics show my eyes well, the blue eyes are what really get the Latinas I think.
>>
>>1109429
Canyon lake.
>>
>>1109465
>Wild ass 85F days this whole week
Basically summer is extending it's final days
Once it dips down shits getting real
>>
>>1109543
Maps to find spots and access. Camera to save pics of fish.
???
To get actual info about what's in a water body is to talk to a fishing shop or read local online forums.
>>
>>1109422
Looks delicous, panko crumbs?
>>
>>1109730
Yeah. Wegmans brand white panko breadcrumbs. Mix in a little old bay and salt.l and you’re set. Then when it’s done frying I squeeze a little lemon on top. So good
>>
For trout fishing in a river, is a hook and salmon egg enough or should i invest in good lures?
>>
>>1109778
Invest in a flyrod. Fish anything from a size 18 nymph to a size 6 wooly bugger
>>
I should hopefully have that new rod tip in this week so I can get up there this weekend before it turns into a complete shit show Columbus day weekend

>>1109778
I think that only works if there are salmon in the river
>>
>>1109779
>>1109778
this
>>1109782
let us know before you go out, i expect pictures
>>
>>1109594
Where at? It's hitting 90+ here in PA
>>
File: IMG_1857.jpg (575 KB, 1242x2208)
575 KB
575 KB JPG
Got my Mystery Tackle Box today. The full subscription to it might not be worth it but I got a $10 off code so the whole thing was only $5. Came with pretty good stuff too.
>>
File: image.jpg (1.92 MB, 4032x3024)
1.92 MB
1.92 MB JPG
>>1109800
There's the item list
>>
File: image.jpg (428 KB, 720x1280)
428 KB
428 KB JPG
>>1109800
Those v&m J Bugs are great. Caught plenty of fish on them just plain Texas rigged.
>>
>>1109550
Is that some sort of small jack? Those fuckers hit hard on very light tackle.
>>
>>1109822
yeah, its a jack. i really want to get one on my fly rod, im sure it will be a blast.
>>
File: image.jpg (185 KB, 720x1280)
185 KB
185 KB JPG
Was raining when I got off work, but I said fuck it and went anyway. Only stopped at one spot, but the swim jig didn't fail me.

Also, I read a pretty neat article today if anyone is interested.

http://www.worldfishingnetwork.com/wfn-ambassadors/post/how-bass-see-color-are-bass-seeing-red
>>
>>1109924
To drunk for all that, what are the cliff notes.
>>
>>1109929
Bass see a lot like people do, except their pupils don't dilate. So, to counter this the rods and cones and their eyes change positions. Meaning that in low light situations they see more in grey tones than in clear water on a sunny day where they see in straight color.

It also mentions bass can see in low light situations much better than humans, and it goes into what the different colors look like at different depths.
>>
>>1109800
i can dig that box. MTB was pretty meh most of the time but i would recommend it to someone new to fishing
>>
Can someone explain to me why tubes come in such a shitty selection of colors?

Worms, craws, beavers, lizards, grubs, and creatures all come in an assortment of colors. But tubes seem to come in browns and greens with different flakes in them, with the occasional white or black tube. What gives?
>>
>>1109924
>He uses a barb

Fucking Casual.
>>
>>1109782
>>1109778
Eggs will work on trout even when there are not Salmon in the river.

You're not matching a hatch, but its still a meal, and if the trout are not super selective it will work.
>>
>>1109997
http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Mizmo_Tri-Lam_Tubes_6pk/descpage-MIZTRIL.html

http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Z_Man_Tubez_6pk/descpage-ZMANTUB.html

Here you go mang.

But to actually answer your question, one of the reasons tubes work so well is because they're subtle. I've heard that you want to match the tube to the color of the bottom. Also, the tube isn't popular so they'll stick to colors they know will sell, which is natural and black/blue.

That being said, I've got some stupid colorful little tubes for panfish, and I wish I could get them in a bigger size.
>>
>>1109550
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_i2Ocq8NGg4

probably something worth watching for you
>>
>>1106389
Hey guys, I'm a novice fisherman thats been lurking and posting in these threads here and there. Going out tomorrow to try using spinners for trout tomorrow! First time trying them, and i'm extremely excited. I'll try to give some updates while im out, and hopefully land a few fish!
>>
File: IMG_0094.jpg (2.22 MB, 3264x2448)
2.22 MB
2.22 MB JPG
>>1109537
Been thinking about doing a species-hunt some day. Place near the in-laws seems almost perfect for it. Been fishing there three times targeting mackerel but already caught three different species there.
Pic related: mackerel from a few days ago.
Those fuckers are damn fun on my UL gear. 500g mack easily fights better and harder than a 1kg trout. Hopefully I can squeeze in another mackerel trip before the season ends.

>>1110046
Best of luck. What water? River? Lake? Open coast? Fjord?
>>
>>1109997
You're not looking in the right place. Chuck N Debs has a good selection.
>>
>>1110046
MEPPS™
>>
>>1109800
-10$ off code is good, I think everyone should try the box once with that code.

And thats it. Cause it's a waste of money after that
>>
>>1110148
I used the code for 3 months so I got the boxes for like $10 and change. I still think it was straight, I just don't need a million meme lures that I will never use.
>>
>>1110151
>buys a million meme lures he'll never use anyway
>>
>>1106409
>carp pin bones are like pitchforks

Do goldfish have the devil's pin bones too? I hate cleaning fish with complicated pin bones.
>>
>>1110165
Goldfish ARE carps.
>>
>>1110008
Those Mizmo tubes look nice. Also browsing TackleWarehouse I saw the Dry Creek Lures double dipped tubes which aren't bad in selection either.

BPS so far has the definite best selection for tube colors

>>1110119
Sorry mang but that site looks sketchy
>>
>>1110167
But, they are gold. There could also be internal changes as well.
>>
>>1110175
Lol.

They're the same on the inside.
>>
>>1110155
Exactly my point. I don't need more.
>>
>>1110175
Maybe, though I don't think bone structure will change much.
>>
>high of 62 and rain on Saturday

My salmon senses are tingling. My body is ready
>>
>>1110212
Salmon is nearly extinct. Go for Bass.
>>
>>1110229
Fuck no. Hundreds of thousands of coho and chinooks make their way up that river and a very large percent make it up to the hatchery where they take over and ensure there is a healthy spawning population every single year. Their numbers have only been increasing here
>>
Why do you spend so much money on fishing stuff when all you need is: a stick with some string tied to the end, a hook made from piece of wire, a cork or twig for a bobber, and an earth worm.
>>
>>1110246
>Need
I bet you're noguns, too. Different equipment for different uses.
>>
>>1110246
Why do you spend so much on transportation when all you need is; four wheels, an engine, and some gas.

Why do you spend so much money on guitars when all you need is: a box with a hole in it, some screws, and some wire.

Why do you spend so much on guns when all you need is: a metal tube, a few springs, and some bullets

Why do you spend so much on camping when all you need is: a tarp, a knife, and a few matches.

Why do you spend money on anything?
>>
>>1110249
>Implying I'm not /frugal/
>>
>>1110248
You can catch any fish that way.
>>
>>1110252
But how often and what quantity and what size? Yea bamboo and some string/live bait works.....but if I want to cover a large area I'll be slinging a crankbait/jig. If I want to target finnicky species that only go for size 18 nymphs I'm gonna use a flyrod and have far more success than a stick/string. There's fishing, and then there's FISHING.
>>
File: pipe shotgun.jpg (510 KB, 2012x2845)
510 KB
510 KB JPG
>>1110252
And you can hunt any game with a 12 gauge shotgun. Does that mean we should all limit ourselves to a fucking pipe shotgun?
>>
>>1110252
>any fish
go catch me a goliath grouper on a cane pole. go catch me a sturgeon on one while you're at it. and i'd like to see you get a 10+ foot shark on a stick with string tied to it while you're at it.
>>
>>1110175
same on the inside. Lots of bones, meat is kinda poor unless you cook it deeply in something.
>>
File: IMG_8522.png (25 KB, 800x800)
25 KB
25 KB PNG
>>1110295
>tfw I want to make a pipe shotgun now
>>
>>1110396
Ive made one before. Hurts your hands when you shoot it
>>
>>1110240
Are you in Alaska or some shit?

WA,Cali, Oregon all have runs that are in the dumpster.

I assume the East Coast Atlantics are in rough shape too.
>>
i havent gone fishing in two weeks

i think im depressed
>>
>>1110513
I will hold you anon
>so homo
>>
>>1110513
I don't think I have got a line wet since a week or two before Irma. The couple moments I have off, I'm straight exhausted because of the work BS. Also #2...

>>1110517
Yes. Hold him. Stay away from me.
>>
>>1110251
Translation: cripplingly poor
>>
>>1110076
>>1110076
Give me the rundown on mackerel, where you at and what are you using? Catching a few would be a dream for me.
>>
>>1106415

Accessibility is probably the only issue you'll have, but google should tell you which local waters are wheelchair accessible.
Most piers and jetties will be fine. If you're looking to fish a private water that's difficult to get to, ask the owner if they would consider making their water more wheelchair friendly.
There was a lake near me (Ireland) that had a number of jetties round the southern shore, each of which began about 3 feet out into the water. Someone asked if they would be willing to make a change, and now every jetty has a ramp connecting it to dry land, so all people can fish there. There's no harm in asking, and people/businesses can be surprisingly accommodating, especially for something which will allow them more custom.
Long story short, google to find places you can fish right now, and ask places that aren't accessible, there's a good chance they'll act on your suggestion and they could very well be an option in the near future.

A long handled net is worth investing in, and if you go for a telescopic handle, try to get one with as few sections as possible, for strength.

That's about it, aside from the getting to the waters edge, fishing in a wheelchair is no different to fishing without.
>>
File: 20170928_213504.jpg (3.29 MB, 4032x3024)
3.29 MB
3.29 MB JPG
Gonna test out my whopper plopper I just bought tomorrow. Gonna bang on them canals
>>
>>1110485
South east Lake Ontario tributary
>>
How realistic of an option is fishing while camping on a trail? Is there equipment light and portable enough to fish with?

I realize this is a dumb question but I don't know anything about fishing.
>>
File: mackerel.png (733 KB, 1500x960)
733 KB
733 KB PNG
>>1110564
MariagerAnon I assume? (I remember you said before you wanted to catch mackerel)
Where and how is on the image. In case the image is unclear the method I find to be the most efficient is the good old float 'n' hook. They also take spoons, wobblers etc. but I like the float. Nostalgia, relaxing in the sun and whatnot.. Hook baited with a strip of herring. Usually no more than 7cm long and 2cm wide but normally smaller.
Depth about as deep as I can get it. My rods have rather small guides so a float stop would be unhandy so usually I can't get deeper than 3m. Depth depends on the day and where you are ofc. Mackerel can be found at any depth so it depends on the day I guess.
The tricky part is usually finding them. They come in schools so you can sit and fish for days on end with no fish at all then all of the sudden when a school passes by you can catch over 9000 in 5minutes.
As for what to look for in a good spot I don't really know actually. I guess a bit of depth is good but don't know. Haven't bothered to read up on it as I've caught mackerel almost every time I targeted them. One thing I did read though was that murky water is supposed to be bad as a) they hunt by eyesight and b) the gills are very fine and getting sand and shit in there is annoying. They also like to swim around with their mouths wide open eating plankton.
If it's you MariagerAnon, better hurry. Season is coming to an end. Don't know where it would be good near you though.
>>
>>1110645
>s there equipment light and portable enough to fish with?
Ofc. there is. Look at travel rods for a good starting point. As for weight I guess 500g is what you can expect for added weight if thats an issue.
>>
>>1110645
Yes, but you won't be able to carry a whole bunch of tackle. Fly fishing would probably be better suited to such a task
>>
>>1110645
Tenkara rods, as big a meme as they are, fill this role nicely.

My 8' 6:4 with line and 12 flies in a small fly box weigs 1.91oz/54g and collapses to 16"
>>
>>1110649
Sorry to disappoint, I don't think I've asked about mackerel before. I'm in the Boston area and I heard they could be caught offshore with sabiki rigs and jigs.
>>
>>1110689
You don't really need a bunch of stuff to catch fish. 99% of us bring with us way more then we need or even use each trip.
Of the gazillion lures I have I guess I only use around 10 of them consistently (make that 5 for the UL tackle and 5 for the regular coast-rod).

>>1110704
No worries. Just another anon from Denmark asked about mackerel some time ago as well.
And yes, sabikis, jigs etc. should work as well. They can be caught on pretty much anything. For me, float and a strip of herring has been most consistent though.
Earlier this year the harbour was full of mackerel and people fishing for them. On the day I have in mind only me and one other guy caught anything. Both of us fishing with float and herring, everybody else was using sabikis and spoons. And my experience has been the same other times I went out with two rods. One with float and herring, other one fishing with spoon/wobbler/sabiki/whatever and the vast majority I caught were on the herring.
As I said, the hardest part is usually finding them. For that, you have to do some research yourself I guess - both spots and season. Being from Denmark I know nothing whatsoever about fishing in and around Boston.
>>
Survival speaking you'd only be needing to go after sunnies, or other larger baitfish. Minimally id only need fishing line and hooks. Bait you can find your self or even craft a lure out of very simple things since you're probably not going after picky fish.
A rod and reel is not necessary, although a handline reel makes it easier.
>>
>>1110713
>I know nothing whatsoever about fishing in and around Boston.
But you know the basics and how to employ them effectively. That's 90% of it. The rest is just going out fishing and seeing what works for what you want. Any decent local bait shop should be able to get you started there.
>>
>>1110396
>>1110403
Make a stock for it.
>>
File: pike1.jpg (537 KB, 1080x906)
537 KB
537 KB JPG
Hey fellas caught my first pike
>>
>>1110855
Looks like a snakehead to me, sorry anon.
>>
>>1110913
you're daft or shitposting badly, not sure which
>>1110855
decent little one
>>1110795
>>1110403
>>1110396
go to /k/
>>1110517
fake skid/10
>>1110645
look up 4 piece travel rods
>>1110718
this
>>
File: 1456228505039.png (56 KB, 401x372)
56 KB
56 KB PNG
Beginner to fishing here, just put line on my first reel then realised I didn't apply tension to the line as I was doing it.

Am I fucked? Can I take the line off and re do it or what?
>>
>>1110928
Actually just realised I can put the other reel on and just do it to that from the old reel, that should work shouldn't it?
>>
>>1110928
>>1110931
dw sorted it, crisis averted
>>
File: IMG_20170907_054526.jpg (1.11 MB, 1944x2592)
1.11 MB
1.11 MB JPG
is it steelhead season yet? i want to catch some steelhead.
>>1110960
>>1110931
>>1110928
good job anon, knowing how not to make a mistake is knowledge, but being able to solve a problem is intelligence.
>>
>>1110913
Bowfin*
>>
>>1110928
In the future you can go tie the line to a tree, or have a friend hold the end and walk back until the line is stretched out. Then reel it in tight.

What you did works too, since you had another reel.
>>
>>1110973
hey bepis, i know you used to ride bmx, what's a good starter bike for someone who is 6'1''
>streamer pic to keep it relevant
>>
>>1110988

Get a cheap GT bike to see if you even like BMX
>>
>>1111013
Do they still make bikes? If they do, I know their some Walmart type shit.

>>1110988
I mean I'm 6' and we will always look like kids on a 20" bike. There are a lot of 24" cruisers but it's not quite the same.

Not sure what is even out there now. Albe's, Empire, and DansComp are a few big BMX websites so go look at their "completes" and try to spend at least $300-$400 for something that isn't a POS.

The few things they measure and you can get different sizes on are top tube, crank length, and bar height. Top tube I believe 21"+ will make it a lil better. 180mm at least on cranks and 8"+ rise on the bars. But buying a complete, not sure on the choices you will get and it will cost $1000+ to build it yourself.
>>
>>1110855
nice looking to catch my first pike myself
>>
>>1111018
looks like albe's makes a 21''tt bike for $309.
>>
>>1111032
Dardevle spoons in Red/White Stripe or Yellow/Red Diamonds
>>
>>1111034
Wut brand? And you don't have to order it from there, you can check out local places too. Just saying that those websites only carry real BMX bikes, not some cheap Walmart brands. So if you see something on Albe's and see the same model at a local store for a good price, you know it's not had.
>>
>>1111032
Spinnerbaits did the trick. Stained river, lots of stick ups and bank fishing cause the river is all mud bottom.

Do make sure you don't get bit off
>>
File: unnamed.jpg (74 KB, 475x721)
74 KB
74 KB JPG
>>1111036
it says stolen casino xl, 9 inch bars and 21'' tt
>>
File: IMG_0417.jpg (74 KB, 500x500)
74 KB
74 KB JPG
>>1111040
That sounds straight.

You can tell a big difference riding something like that compared to one of the $150 kids 20" BMX bikes at Dick's or wherever.
>>
>>1111040
I still don't get how you made a dink sit still that well.
>>
File: IMG_1475.jpg (93 KB, 960x960)
93 KB
93 KB JPG
>>1111040
>>1111042
Also just remember, don't expect to ride the thing like a normal bicycle. The seats are kinda an afterthought. On mine, it sits super low so it's out of the way but you can still grip it with your knees for tricks like barspins. I can't sit on the seat and pedal at the same time. I pedal standing up and I can sit on the seat while coasting, but not both.
>>
File: IMG_20161207_153359.jpg (977 KB, 1600x1200)
977 KB
977 KB JPG
>>1111043
skillz™
>>1111046
yeah, im ready for that. i was thinking maybe if i get a long top tube i could velco an allen key to the under side of my top tube or something, then just have it maxed out to the top to pedal in to town, then i can just bottom it out when im ready to ride. would only add a few oz and i'm far from a weight weenie.
>>
File: ciglfy.jpg (79 KB, 720x960)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
>>1111050
>>1111046
also yeah, when i was getting some skate shoes at walmart and did a little english bunny hop on one of their kids bmx bikes, the handle bars were loose, so i ate shit (have the bruise to prove it) and there was an awful metalic clang between me landing and me dying so i just put it back and walked away quickly.
>>
File: 20170728_143947.jpg (1.55 MB, 3264x1836)
1.55 MB
1.55 MB JPG
>>1110212
Currently on my way up to traverse city to fuck up some salmon this weekend
>>
http://www.floridagofishing.com/species/species-seasonal-calendar.html
looks like i should be in for some good fishing in november!
red drum, black drum, lady fish, pompano, king mackerel, and sheepshead should all be around in good numbers! you can bet your ass i will be king rigging down there
>>
was suppostd to go out on an $800 private charter this morning for free because a friend invited me,
drove down to where i was supposed to stay last night but of course something came up so i had to come home and miss it
im just waiting for the pictures of their fish so i can get even madder
>>
>>1111078
ouch
>>
>>1111082
yeah, i mean its no money out of my pocket, But peope have been hammering trophy stripers 20-35 lbs bluefish up to 17 lbs and false albacore all around so im real bummed
>>
>>1111076
Nice, I got my rod tip in today so I’ll head up tomorrow. The two reports from this morning said is was really good today. I’m hoping the rain we are getting now through tonight will help tomorrow be even better
>>
>>1111082
where is this?
>>1111095
if its not a crazy far drive i would just go see what the water is doing, or just give it an extra day, rain muddies the water and the fish dont bite as much, at least in ohio
>>
>>1111105
>skid talking to himself again
>>
>>1111105
Takes me like 40 mins to get where I wanna fish. They usually post the first report around 8am so I’ll wait till then to head up. I’m not too worried about it though it’s just been off and on light showers so far
>>
>>1111105
>>1111124
Why did my code thing change wat da fug
>>
>>1111119
oops
>>1111105
>>1111083
>>
>>1111128
Long island sound, the huricane pushed the bait in and the fish fllowed, New york and conecticut waters best, But rhodes island should be prodicing again soon
>>
>>1111129
>Long island sound
shit. with the fish there this early i bet late november will be pretty dead
>>
>>1111131
they should stick around for a while, Huge schools of peanut bunker, Huge schools of silversides, as long as nothing odd happens i think theyll be around for a while
>>
>>1111131
>>1111133
plus fall time is the time to target blues deep and blackfish on rockpiles
>>
>>1111134
>>1111133
im only going to be able to rock the beaches and jetties. ill only have a weekend, and ill only have one conventional rod and two fly rods
>>
File: IMG_20170911_102455899~4.jpg (1.17 MB, 3290x1195)
1.17 MB
1.17 MB JPG
>>1111147
As of a few weeks ago Albie's were within fly distance
Before the storm though
Pic related is some nice guy on the breacheay I hrlped land his fish
>>
>>1111148
thats a nice fish. but im going to be in new jersey (near the sandy hook) visiting my bf for thanksgiving, and he's promised me at least 3 hours/day on the water
>>
File: de-spooler.png (11 KB, 773x503)
11 KB
11 KB PNG
i think i just had an idea. a de-spooler
just a big spool where one end straps in to a hand drill, then the one side plate is removed with a wing nut, then the barrel is angled so that once you've wound the line on it just falls off
>pic related
>>
>>1111111
>>
File: IMG_20170901_124701356.jpg (1.86 MB, 2432x4320)
1.86 MB
1.86 MB JPG
>>1111152
By nj bf you mean me, right skid?
>>
>>1111180
>Drill hole in soda bottle cap
>Put bolt in hole
>Tighten nut on other side then put cap back on bottle
>Attach to drill
>Use to remove line
>Detach from drill and remove bolt and nut
>Place trash in trash can
>>
>>1111078
well fuck, they hammered the false albacore with some being pretty huge
>>
>>1111180
>keep an old spool
>throwa bolt through the middle of it, a few washers and a nut
>tighten into drill chuck
>>
So I'm new to trout fishing and was kind of wondering about the seasons/spawning periods/best times etc.

I know about bass and catfish patterns because I've fished those my whole life. But I don't really know much about the year of trout fishing.

I'm in southern kentucky if that makes a difference weather wise.
>>
Wow I wanna die. So you guys know how I got my rod tip in yesterday right? Well I went out this morning and went fishing and when I went to walk back to my truck the rod tip got caught in a root that was climbing up and broke AGAIN! I was so sad. There were so many fish in the river too :’(

The only good thing to come from the day was when I was next to this really old guy fishing he hooked up and needed someone to help him land it so I obviously volunteered. After landing it for him he explained his entire rig to me and gave me some of his hand tied flys that he was catching them on.

I’m just praying I get that next tip
In before Thursday so I can go at least once before the mobs get there next weekend.
>>
File: flat,800x800,075,t.jpg (70 KB, 800x800)
70 KB
70 KB JPG
>>1111358
>>
>>1111358
>gave me some of his hand tied flys
Inb4 it turns out to be pubes.
>>
How do I cast further?
I went steelhead fishing in a river and I wasn't able to cast very far.
>>
>>1111431
>heavier weight
>lighter line
>full spool on spinning reel...
>...or good casting reel with very light beakes and tention
>Long rod
>rod action/weight that matches the weight of the bait/lure well
>>
>>1111433
I was just casting a salmon egg attached to a 10 hook. What size sinker should I use?
>>
>practically the first time fishing in fall like conditions
>Skunk by missing two good fish to them jumping + numerous bites that didnt hook up + a foul hooked dink smallie
Got a redbreast at least.

I was using a fluke in shad color. Idk why I didnt go with the normal jigs + zoom worms.
>>
File: lmbvSmb.jpg (719 KB, 2518x1024)
719 KB
719 KB JPG
>>
>>1111446
A casting bubble half full of water.
>>
>>1111483
>Tfw no boat for THICC smallmouths
I have to stick to LMB or dink smallmouths
>>
>>1111483
This meme is appreciated

Also accurate

>>1111506
Mfw the 3 pound smallies pulled more drag than a 8 pound pike. Shit was unreal
>>
>>1111509
I have access to big smallmouths, but it's an hour away and I'm not wasting the time (or gas) to drive an hour every time I want to fish
>>
File: IMG_6178.jpg (1.82 MB, 4032x3024)
1.82 MB
1.82 MB JPG
>finally getting a line wet
I don't expect to catch anything casting these lures at night. I'm just trying to kill a couple hours until #2 gets off of work and I can sneak her out for a little bit.
>>
File: IMG_3339.jpg (1.3 MB, 2448x3097)
1.3 MB
1.3 MB JPG
>kvd soft plastics for a buck
>>
>>1111541
Nice. Where is that?

I really wish Gander was still there...
>>
File: IMG_3338.jpg (1.36 MB, 2444x3093)
1.36 MB
1.36 MB JPG
>Dollar fifty kvd cranks
>>
File: image.jpg (1.52 MB, 2303x4096)
1.52 MB
1.52 MB JPG
>>1111483
Triggered

>>1111542
Walmart for sure. I wonder if they meant to price them that low.
>>
>>1111542
Jupiter Walmart. Yamamoto soft plastics are 3 bucks. I also bought some tsunami gotcha plug clones for a dollar.
>>
>>1111547
They're on clearance and they rung up as 1 dollar.
>>
Went fishing today. Dropped my phone into the fucking lake. Fuck my life guys, just fuck it with a horse cock sized dildo.

I caught 6 trout.
>>
File: fish-edited.jpg (1.32 MB, 1836x3264)
1.32 MB
1.32 MB JPG
Caught my PB Northern, 9lbs 34". Almost shit my pants when he started pulling. I consider this a miracle fish because my drag just happened to be set perfectly for the fight, I was not prepared to hook up on a fish of this size. Caught on 8lb test with no leader.
>>
>>1111551
I am currently up to 5 phones sacrificed to the water gods.
>>
>>1111570
>>1111551
After my first sacrifice, I stopped bringing my phone to fishing unless I am expecting a phone call from someone. Fuck picture of catch I guess
>>
>>1106851
no one's given me shit, but down in florida, peacock bass is good all around, but Largemouth bass was kinda mushy in the larger sizes that we caught.
>>
Oh sheeet time for a new bread?
>>
File: 1506801649273.jpg (327 KB, 1242x1083)
327 KB
327 KB JPG
>>1111597
>>1111597
>>1111597
>>1111597

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.