[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k] [s4s] [vip] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/out/ - Outdoors

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 1506801649273.jpg (327 KB, 1242x1083)
327 KB
327 KB JPG
#194-"3-Way Rig" Edition

Previous Thread:
>>1106389

Thinking about picking up a new hobby? Want to get a memecaster? Haven't mastered the Palomar knot? Click here!
http://www.pastebin.com/u/fishingandtackle
https://imgur.com/a/1Xw3N

Talk about fishin
>>
>>1111597
Anyone fish maryland? where do you fish in a canoe in a river with no lakes?
>>
>>1111600
Gunpowder maybe? Big ole Potomac?
>>
>>1111600
Chesapeake Bay
>>
How do I into artificial bait for salt? Most I've ever done is catch dinky seatrout on artificial swimming fish
>>
>>1111629
where do you live and what sort of fish are you targeting?
also knowing what sort of rod/reel ( mostly what weights you can throw) is helpful
>>
>>1111629
I'm probably not the one to give advice on that, but any baitfish replica should work for plenty of species. I think it's a lot more difficult in highly pressured areas tho because the fish have seen it all before.

The barracuda was on an X-Rap and a couple times I had the jacks and ladyfish goin crazy for those ribbed paddle tail Keitechs.
>>
File: spooks.jpg (726 KB, 1280x3600)
726 KB
726 KB JPG
>>1111597
I'm thinking about getting into Carp Fishing.

I've Fly Fished for trout for 10 years, but the area I live in is become more and more urbanized. Native Trout pops are suffering, and the only real trout fishing opportunities are from State plants.

Carp on the other hand appear to be booming.

Any tips on getting into it?

I have a kayak, but I'm not really sure what gear I should get. I know you can flyfish for them, but spinning gear looks much more effective, and allows you to target them even when water conditions are not clear, and even when they are not in the shallows.

Any suggestions on what gear to purchase?

Also does any one know much about Carp Behavior on HUGE lakes during the Winter?

Surface Water Temps will get down to about 41F (5c) during the winter. Probably cooler in shallower areas.
>>
Hey boys, this is my first winter fishing from my jon boat I tend to fish a little creek that connects to my lake. When will the crappie and white bass start moving in? I live in Texas if that helps.
>>
>>1111641
honestly, i'd say get a 7' uglystick gx2 and put a 3000 size reel on it spooled with something around #17 mono or #30 braid and just soak corn on a #4 baitholder hook on a slip sinker rig. if you want to fly fish for them, just get an 8 weight combo and ignore what people tell you about light tippet and just run a 1x or 0x tippet on a 10 foot leader. find a carp with its nose in the mud and land a fly just infront of it.
>>
>>1111641
Everytime I ask a carp fisher what they used it's sweet canned corn (get the whole kernels ofc)
One said to use a sliding weight and you let them run with it once they bite.
GL
>>
File: IMG_20171001_220235.jpg (2.72 MB, 2448x3264)
2.72 MB
2.72 MB JPG
Check out my new reel guise straight from cheena
>>
Can someone explain to me why the Fenwick Elite Techs are rated 1/4-3/4 for MH and 3/8-5/8 for M? Did they fuck up? My MH can't sling anything 1/4 oz.

Can anyone with a M confirm that it can efficiently cast 1/4 oz lures?
>>
>>1111784
What is the action on them? Theoretically the MH weight with Med action might cast 1/4oz stuff a tiny bit better than a M weight with X-Fast action.
>>
>>1111655
I would think you'll have to wait for the water to get a little cooler before they move into the creeks. I've only been seeing a couple up close to the shore where I am.

>>1111784
Are they the same length and action?

Also the ratings are more just guides, not set in stone. Trying to cast a half ounce + plastic on a medium will probably feel like ass. A quarter ounce should be fine.

>My MH can't sling anything 1/4 oz.
It should be able to, unless your MH is super stout.
>>
>>1111744
what da heck. Thats the exact Gloomis logo

kek
>>
>>1111629
If you're fishing from a boat I like the thin mirrolure crank baits, grass hogs in swamp gas color, flukes in white or white/grey, Gulp! Swim shads in new penny on a jig head

All of these have consistently produced sea trout and red fish for me in Florida
>>
If I only have 1 memecaster rod do I go med-light, medium, or medium heavy?
>>
>>1112057
What're you using it for?
>>
>>1112057
Don't do ML unless you buy a super expensive finesse reel. A M with some real fast action will work, or MH with a lik slower action if you will be throwing 3/4oz-1oz jigs n shit.
>>
>>1112059
bass fishing from shoreline or docks
>>
>>1112061
I meant more technique wise. Personally I'd go with a MH. Especially if you already have a medium spinning rod.
>>
>>1111597
o fishing experts, how do i into fishing?
I've been going weekly for a while now, but I still don't know where I can beginner info on rods, on line, on getting all this stuff down. I can line a hook and catch sunfish and smol rockbass but nothing ever bigger than 9 inches.
I just wanna learn these basics and I'm not around my grandfather enough to just gain these skills through osmosis.
please help /out/ I just want tight lines
>>
>>1111597

Forecast for tomorrow here in the Northeast US looks nuuuuuuts. High of 68F, winds 4mph NE, sunny. Yes it's a high pressure system but w/e.

Anyways who's fishing tomorrow?
>>
>>1112069
So what are you trying to do? You want to go for largemouth?

Get some shiners or the appropriate lure, go at dawn/dusk or when a low pressure system is coming in, and try to find the good spots. At those times, bass will be just on the deep end of weed beds or hanging out near dropoffs waiting for baitfish to pop out.
>>
>>1112061

Get a boat, pleb
>>
>>1112070
>tfw 10 degree temp drop and rain on Thursday

Oh please let me have my rod tip by then. I know the salmon will be pushing hard during that dip.
>>
>>1112076
>there will be 65 degree rain in cleveland thursday and friday
>dad's birthday party is sunday afternoon
i hope i can get up there early enough to wet a line, it would be so killer to give him a fresh steelhead for his birthday.
>>
>>1111641

Work on your anchor skills. I have a fishing kayak that I love, but the fucking anchor drives me insane. The wind still blows me all over, and when I pull the anchor in I have nowhere to put the rope, so I always get soaked. Then, it tangles like crazy, even though I'm very cautious about how I roll it up. Also, learn to paddle with one hand if you're going to have to navigate with a fish on the line.
>>
>>1111791
>>1111840
I'm comparing a 7' fast action MH to a 7' fast action M.

I should clarify that I was throwing a 1/4 oz X-Rap so it wasn't exactly very dense
>>
>>1112097
I would do the M for that. MH will be a lot nicer for 1/2oz-3/4oz stuff tbqhwy
>>
Guys help I have no fucking clue what I'm doing. I went to the mouth of a harbor (great lakes), tied a mepps spinner to some 8 lb line, threw it in about 50 feet and pulled it back a bunch of times, how do I fish?!
None of the old chicanos nearby were catching anything either so I don't feel TOO put out, but pls, teach a man to fish. I don't have any family or friends to show me the ropes
>>
>>1112114
Big bodies of water are kinda a bitch from shore unless you're using live bait and/or goin for small stuff.
>>
>>1112070
im trying to decide if i should go down to the shore tomorrow
>>
>>1112114
If I were you I would honestly just go out there with a hook and worm and maybe a bobber if needed and see what you can find. If you start catching sunnies or small bass you will have a better idea of what is around and what you could then switch to to better target specific types or sizes
>>
File: cabelas.png (98 KB, 380x298)
98 KB
98 KB PNG
>>1112090
I use two 8lb Mushroom Anchor Running off the front and back of the kayak, attached via overhand loops to carabiners.

I have a pretty big Advanced Anglers 120 Fishing Kayak, I just use polyprene rope because of how thin it is, and just shove the line under my seat.

Pic related.

The Main thing to prevent getting blown around in the wind is to anchor in front, and behind the kayak, and pulling them tight.

It could also be you are not using enough weight.
>>
>>1112113
Damn. Now I gotta buy a new rod. What a shame
>>
>>1112173
If you're going to be using it for mostly jerkbaits, go with a slower than fast action. It'll help a lot with lighter lures as well as help keep the fish hooked.
>>
File: 20170930_150215.jpg (1.07 MB, 1216x1808)
1.07 MB
1.07 MB JPG
>>1111597
>tfw no qt /out/ gf to wade, fly fish, and drink beers with on the river
Pic related. River I fish and would take /out/ gf to
>>
>>1112183
When I work tiny jerkbaits for panfish I find that moderate action rods don't jerk the bait, but rather pull it along. Is it the same way with big boy gear?
>>
File: image.jpg (409 KB, 750x1334)
409 KB
409 KB JPG
>>1112190
I haven't had an issue with my moderate action rod. If you like a faster action I think the Lews Mach speed stick wouldn't be a bad option. I don't have one in a M, but I have the MH. The tip is on the slower side of a fast action, so I think the M would be perfect for jerkbaits. The MH isn't bad, but throwing lighter lures is a chore, and it's really easy to overwork jerkbaits with it.

And on the tiny jerkbaits, have you tried using a loop/rapala knot? It really helps with the smaller cranks I have.
>>
File: 9-30.jpg (2.49 MB, 2448x3264)
2.49 MB
2.49 MB JPG
>>1111629
Define dinky, I guess... these are all keepers in my state at 12-14" and represent an OK trip. I had one larger one that flopped overboard. Trout, flounder, and reds all take these soft plastics and Gulp shrimp. Gulp would be the most reliable; I like to tie it on directly to search the bottom and middle of the water column.
>>
>Page 3?!?!

>>1112189
I'm gonna give you Miami anon's number
>>
>>1112197
I have a 6'6" M/F spinning rod that works wonders for my jerkbaits however I want a casting setup for my jerkbaits for obvious reasons.

That way I'll have a rod for soft plastics, a rod for swim jigs/spinnerbaits, a rod for jerkbaits, and a rod for finesse presentations. Those are my main 4 methods of fishing. I don't crank too often, nor do I fish around heavy cover. I'll get specific rods for those in the future
>>
>>1112324
A Med-Fast will work for everything so don't worry about it too much. Main concern will probably be getting something that casts well with the weight you are using.

Also the action and weights change between brands, models, and lengths. Like my Fenwick "Medium Wt- Fast Action" is nothing compared to my BPS "Medium Wt- Fast Action". The Fenwick is much slower and they are both 6'6". The super fast BPS is nice for Texas rigs or finesse stuff on the bottom because I can give it tiny twitches and feel every bump and bite while the slower Fenwick is better for Jerkbaits and spinners where it seems to give them a little more natural action.
>>
>>1112205
For Texas the minimum is 15 and I kept catching 12" ones. I didn't think about putting a gulp shrimp on the line so I'll try that next time. How would I rig one up tho, just on a hook and freeline?

>>1111631
I'm on the Texas gulf, I've got a Abu Garcia black max on a 6'6 medium and mitchell avosalt spinning reel on a cheap medium zebco rod
>>1111634
I'm not sure at first I was catching them on some golden spoons, then paddletail baitfish replicas and I caught plenty, and next time I went out using the same thing I didn't catch a single one.
>>
File: IMG_0098.jpg (26 KB, 246x205)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
Has anyone ever fished in west central Louisiana before? I'm a transplant (thanks Army) from North Dakota, and was wondering how people fish in these hot, low oxygen, murky waters.

Do most Southerners use live/dead bait since sight fishing with artificial lures is damn near impossible?
>>
File: 20171002_142202.jpg (3.75 MB, 5312x2988)
3.75 MB
3.75 MB JPG
>>1112140
That looks nice, all I've got is a shitty Dagger Zyco, but I drilled 2 holes through the seat support and zip-tied a section of PVC to it for a rod holder. Notched one side to hold the reel arm to it doesn't spin around. I HAD a poverty-tier anchor that I found on the beach, but the pin holding it to about 6' of chain was rusted on to after trying to leverage it free I ended up hitting it with a sledge like an autistic monkey. The planet broke before the guard. $30 isn't so bad for a anchor though. Should I go for one of the mushroom ones or the triangular types for rivers?
>>
File: image.jpg (216 KB, 750x1334)
216 KB
216 KB JPG
>>1112395
My anchor is poverty tier kek
>>
>>1112386
best bet is stop at a local bait shop and ask what people fish for and how they fish for them. when i wind up in florida i plan on spending at least an hour in the shop asking "whats around this time of year? what do they like to eat?" etc. in jersey it will be a much shorter exchange
"are there striper around? what are they feeding on right now? where is a good place to go fish?"
>>
>page 3

anyways heres Slav bass
>>
>all this mumbojumbo about M/3M/FFNE F3/W656EJ 1/3oz/2/6' X-wut and anchors itt

I just want to catch a fucking fish jesus christ help me

>loved to fish as a kid with my pops
>grow up
>last 6 times I went fishing I catched literal shit
>wanna go tomorrow

I'm scared /out/, what if I fail again
>>
File: IMG_1392.jpg (2.04 MB, 3264x2448)
2.04 MB
2.04 MB JPG
I found spikeman
>>
>>1112292
Waiting. Who's Miami anon? I'm normally just here posting trout I catch and the only person that ever replies is skid
>>
>>1112386
Bruh.
There are so many motherfucking fish there that all the rules disappear.

You throw on a soft plastic of your choice, cast haphazardly, retrieve haphazardly, and catch your limit of largemouths in a couple of hours walking the bank.
It is heavenly down there.
This past january I was visiting my wife's dad and we went out and fucked them up.
>>
File: image.jpg (1.94 MB, 4032x3024)
1.94 MB
1.94 MB JPG
>>1112630
It's a trap
>>
>>1112618
Action/power autismo here. If you really want to catch a fish, soak some worms off the edge of a dock for some sunfish. If you want to catch a bass, go wading in a creek with an inline spinner. Guaranteed success either way.

t. just caught my first ever SMB on a Panther Martin today
>>
>>1112646
>sunfish

https://pastebin.com/3fxdTN2z
just saw this on /an/

I just have beaches around here anon, I have to surfcast in order to fish, and fish are absolutely fucking scarce here, sucks so much
I have to find a good place, but I don't know how outside trial and error

tomorrow is almost full moon, does this really make a difference in my possible sucess/failure? or is it all myths and memes
>>
>>1112654
No no no, not ocean sunfish. Freshwater. Like bluegill, green sunfish, redbreast, pumpkinseed, etc
>>
File: IMG_2162.jpg (4.81 MB, 4032x3024)
4.81 MB
4.81 MB JPG
Caught a couple of these pickerel (or walleye as many of you may refer to them) the other day. None big enough to keep unfortunately.
>>
>>1112630
>posting trout
>only person that ever replies is skid
thats because im the head fly fag
also im not sure if you are a fly fag or not, but either get a fly rod, or get another fly rod
>>1112654
talk to the tackle shop
>>
>>1112673
>pickerel
>not sure if troll or just genuinely retarded
>>
>>1112675
what is it then?
>>
File: IMG_0699.jpg (2.28 MB, 3264x2448)
2.28 MB
2.28 MB JPG
>>1112677
Walleye. But I've heard some people call them pickerel for some reason. Pic related is a pickerel
>>
What's the difference between a zander and a walleye?
>>
>>1112679
They call them pickerel in many parts of Canada, which is where I'm from
>>
>>1112677
its a walleye. a pickerel is a completely different fish. look at this >>1112679 (which is actually a pickerel) then look back at this walleye >>1112673
entirely different species.
>>
>>1112681
>canada
get out of our taiwanese hentai forum
>>
>>1112683
There are a lot of misnomers in fishing though. It happens. One I can think of is how they refer to freshwater drum as sheepshead. When that's the common name for a saltwater fish.
>>
>be my grandfather
>in your 70s
>have bladder cancer
>undergo surgery
>now 100% cancer free and recovering
>see guys fly fishing in Appalachia
>remember how you used to fly fish in Appalachia
>wanna get back out there
>be me
>visiting family in Kentucky for thanksgiving
>planning to take several rods with me

My grandparents don't exactly live right by the mountains near the brook trout but there are plenty of smalljaws and spots in the Kentucky river that will gladly take a fly. I've got two 6wts and two 8wts and I'm tying up several poppers, buggers, clousers, and some little cone head maribou jigs for the trip. Everything to get him catching fish on a fly rod again.
>>
>>1112687
i agree with that. or how in north carolina a northern king fish is called a mullet, and a king mackerel is called a king fish, and then mullet are still called mullet.
>>
>>1112691
wholesome/10
>>
>>1112692
In North Carolina we call everything back asswards. It's fucking weird.
>>
>>1112693
I'm getting him a bass if it kills me. I was gonna fish anyway. This just makes it more enjoyable.
>>
>>1112347
Stick the gulp shrimp on a jig head and tie a line-to-line leader. I use a 30 lb leader since trout have saw teeth
>>
>>1112395
Mushroom is more for silty/mucky bottoms.

I know pic related is popular in rocky rivers.

What type of anchor works depends on the current, wind, and how much weight you are willing to put on the anchor.
>>
File: rivers.jpg (201 KB, 960x720)
201 KB
201 KB JPG
>>1112730
>>
>>1112395
>>1112140
One downside though, is that with all the stability, and space that comes with the Anglers 120. Its countered with the fact the kayak is a fucking pig. It Weighs 100lbs, and the side grips are not in the kayaks center of balance, so its kind of wonky moving it around solo, and I'm a 200lb guy. It also has poor tracking. And can be a bitch to handle in heavy winds.

Its nearly impossible to flip though. You can stand on it and its super stable.
>>
>>1112654
where do you live?

Surf fishing is actually not that hard. You'll be surprised how many fishes run super close to the shoreline all the time and you don't notice them unless you start fishing and actively looking for them. Surf fishing is at least 50% about finding the spot with good structure by reading the water.
>>
>>1112776
>Surf fishing is at least 50% about finding the spot with good structure by reading the water.

how do you do this?

I live in catalonia, maresme
>>
>>1112673
Two different things, monglord.
>>
>>1112681
>making up stupid shit to try and excuse himself
>>
Been fishing in Chicago with no luck. Mostly been on the south side. I've tried everything from carp bait, power bait to lures with no luck. Any tips?
>>
>>1112884
What are u doin, Lake Michigan? Stuff like that is harder to fish from shore than the suburban lakes and rivers.

There's supposed to be some lakes right by a power plant south of the city that has lots of huge bass. I think it might be pic related. Otherwise just Google Maps and see if you can find any little ponds and lakes near you that look quiet in residential or commercial areas because those have always been the best for me.

I got one friend who fishes Lake Michigan a bit up near Montrose n shit, but even he says from shore you have to hit it at the perfect time to get anything worthwhile. All the spots I know up there are north and west of the city tho.
>>
File: IMG_6270.png (1.36 MB, 640x1136)
1.36 MB
1.36 MB PNG
>>1112884
>>1112895
Forgot pic. Never fished here but heard stories of near record bass and stuff.
>>
>>1112884
>>1112895
Hey it's >>1112114
Crazy shit, I'm in Chicago and the harbor I mentioned in my post was Montrose. Been looking forward to trying some of the harbors farther south when it cools off. I've seen some carp in DuSable the size of my arm, but as I said in my post I have no idea how to get them out of the water.
>>
>>1112900
carp like corn. go buy a can of sweet corn and some decent #4 baitholder hooks. put the corn on the bottom and chum them up a little, cast in to the middle of your corn, then wait and hold on tight to your rod
>>
>>1111597
What would be the ideal setup for a soft plastic / jig rod?

I was thinking a 7ft+ MH memecaster with 15+ lb braid and a fluoro leader. Is there any reason why that would be retarded?
>>
>>1112920
Go heavier on your braid and don't use a leader
>>
File: Fort Loudon Marina.jpg (125 KB, 993x631)
125 KB
125 KB JPG
>Stop at this marina on a Tennessee River reservoir for the night
>See a shit ton of baitfish everywhere and occasionally surface splashes from something praying on them
>Get my rod out and run lures parallel to the docks and through any baitfish boils I see
>Switch between 2 different colors of Wiggle Warts, a 1/2 oz Red Eye Shad, a 1/4 oz Rooster Tail, a 1/6 oz Aquila, a 1/4 oz Beetle Spin, a 1/4 oz X-Rap, and a 3/8 oz Shadow Rap
>Get completely fucking skunked before I start soaking nightcrawlers and catch a couple dink catfish

What the fuck? There's no possible way there weren't active bass around there.
>>
>>1112920
>>1112921
use #20 or maybe even #30 braid and then use a flouro leader that is somewhere around 17-20 pound test. the flouro will be much more abrasion resistant than your braid
>>
>>1112923
actually, catfish can and do act as predators, and you'd be surprised how aggressive and fast they'll be about it too.
>>
>>1112834
there are plenty of different structure. You can look up results on google or youtube because it's hard to describe them all and you'll need some visual guides to understand them better. Basically you are looking for abnormal behavior of the waves. For example, If there's a hole or a deep spot, the wave that was building up will weaken when it reaches the hole instead of moving and breaking normally.
>>
>>1112943
>17-20# fluoro

Only if you're fishing real heavy jigs/rigs. If you're using smaller (1/8-1/4 oz) bullet weights and smaller hooks, go lighter on the leader or else you'll bend the hook on the hookset
>>
>>1112923
Is groundbait used for bass fishing in the US?
>>
>>1112988
Even 1/4 and 1/8 weight jig has pretty thick single hook that can handle quite a lot

However, the line weight is depedent where you are fishing and the species you are looking for. I use 8lb line for light shit on the sandy area or surf with a medium rod. However, I also have mh rod to jig heavier bucktail or really weedy area with 15lb or 40lb braid with 15-20 lb leader
>>
>>1112840

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walleye

>In parts of its range in English-speaking Canada, the walleye is known as a pickerel

Do some research
>>
>move to college
>right on a river
>can't take boat with me, fishing off bank
>throw out spoon and bring it back slowly against the current
>first time doing this i caught a huge smallmouth and several other fish
>gone back 5 times and not a thing
>literally not even bites

is it a slump or am I doing something wrong? I've never fished with anything but a spoon because new gear costs money, but I've been up and down that bank dragging the spoon over every inch of water there and nothing. What would you do differently?

also related to not catching shit, anyone have experience with premo dip bait? been trying it for about a week letting it soak for 24 hours then reapplying and have had no luck. I know there's channel cats in the river because I've caught them, but I've had no luck on this.

Pic related, where im fishing, and premo dip bait
>>
File: premo.png (560 KB, 1496x612)
560 KB
560 KB PNG
>>1113075
>>
File: sportsfish.jpg (17 KB, 650x200)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
>>1112673
is a yellow pick or walleye
>>1112679
is a chain pick
>>
>>1112988
Super line hooks are your friend. I've also rarely had a problem with normal hooks, but I have bent a few using braid. Buying quality hooks goes a long way too.
>>
>>1113042
>saltwater

>>1113101
I use 2/0 Gamakatsu hooks for 4" T-rigged tubes. I can bend them with my hands
>>
Help me out with a spinnerbait rod-
Medium-heavy or medium?
Moderate, moderate-fast, fast, or extra-fast?

Everything I read says 14-17lb mono with a 6-speed reel and that makes perfect sense to me. But aside from that some people say any combination of powers or actions. I would think a MH/MF would be good for 3/8-1/2oz lures and a good compromise between give and backbone.
>>
>>1113110
Saltwater /brackish water stuffs can be applied to freshwater as well. There are vegetation, rocks, sandy bottom. There are definitely light jighead with really tough hooks that can handle a lot. I have a strike king 1/8 oz jig head that come with really thick hook that I can't flex at all with my hand. The point is that if you catch a big fish and it wrap itself on some vegetations, you can pull the whole thing up with heavier line. Also heavier line is also more resistance to abrasion. You will also want to muscle fishes out of cover because you don't want them to run into cover and snag you in there. You can flex certain hooks with your hand but to completely bend and straighten them take much more force that that. You won't lose a fish unless your hook is completely straighten out.
>>
>>1113110
Yeah mang I use 30lb braid most of the time and I've literally bent 3 hooks in the past year, but I'm pretty confident that's because I was dragging the fish out of cover with light wire hooks.

Again, super line hooks are gr8 if you're worried about them bending out.
>>
>>1113127
>>1113101
>>1113110
>>1112988
you'll only apply as much force to the hook as you will to the rod. it shouldnt matter if you are using 15 pound braid or 65 pound braid if you're setting the hook right.
>>
>>1112980
thanks anon
>>
File: image.jpg (846 KB, 2303x4096)
846 KB
846 KB JPG
Soooo I just caught my PB
>>
>>1113176
hella
>>
File: aaa.png (4.67 MB, 1242x1488)
4.67 MB
4.67 MB PNG
>>1113176
oh fuck son

AAAAAAAAAAH!
>>
>>1113195
these sinners shall burn in hell, but first they must endure the pain of fire on this world... in a frying pan... with butter.. lots of butter. and some herbs. maybe a little onion and some potatoes in there too...
>>
>>1113176
look to be around a pound and a half maybe two by my guess.

nice catch, kid
>>
>>1113075
>>1113076
Spoon is indeed a hit or miss. Fishes will only take spoon in certain mood and not all species will readily chase them regularly. If you are short on money, you should spend a bit on cheap but good soft plastic like zoom. You can always get hardbait crank/minnow jerkbait on sale. Strike king, rapala, etc have them on sale all the time at local retailer and you can just snatch sale/bargain bin stuff and build them over time. You can always ask advice on here if certain brand or lure is good and worth it if you find a deal.
>>
>>1113076
>>1113075
Also, if you are fishing only one spot, you will have good or bad days.
>>
File: image.jpg (1.7 MB, 2303x4096)
1.7 MB
1.7 MB JPG
>>1113186
>>1113195
6.76lbs. I'm still pretty hyped about it. I stopped at this spot right as another guy was leaving and he said he hadn't caught anything. Not 3 minutes later I have this on my line kek.

I'm a little worried about the blood though. I know there's more big bass in this lake, but I don't want to take one out ya know? I mean, there's not anything I could've done about it besides not catch it in the first place, so I'm just gonna tell myself it'll be alright.

>>1113204
Thanks dad :)
>>
File: 1421336615235.jpg (35 KB, 261x367)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
>>1113176
>>
>>1113176
>Hook in upper right lip
>Blood coming from gills

Uh Anon.... You didn't stick your hand in the gill plate did you.....

If you kept it and ate it, ignore what I just said.

Good job though man.
>>
>>1113242
>stick your hand in the gill plate did you
im about 90% sure that didnt happen
>Anon
have another look
>>
>>1113252
Sorry I meant to say

TRIPFAGGOT.
>>
What artificial lure should I use that catches fish consistently? (I almost exclusively fish with crawlers) Closest I’ve come to using lures is a mini rebel minnow that has caught a few bluegill. I fish all over the Detroit river and it’s tributaries btw

Pic unrelated it’s my pb perch
>>
>>1113261
my best advice is dont get shot
>>
>>1113242
No, I think it tore during the fight. Was bleeding from when I pulled her out of the water.

Full disclosure I did weigh it by the gill plate, but I 100% didn't damage the gills. I hate doing it that way, but I couldn't find my gripper thingies and I wasn't going to waste time. Was only out of the water for about a minute.

>>1113261
I personally would go with a smaller craw fish imitator. Another option is smaller grubs, which would arguably be more versatile.
>>
>>1113261
Inb4 Mepps
>>
>>1113263
Should I Texas rig a crawfish imitator or use it as a trailer on a jig. I don’t have experience in either
>>
>>1113268
Either one. I have more luck on Texas rigs, but a lot of people swear by the jig. It's worth trying out both and seeing which one you like better.

Some lures also make more sense to Texas rig than to use as a trailer, but that mostly personal preference type stuff. Depends on where you're fishing too. If it's in a lot of heavy cover Texas rig will usually get hung up less.

Honestly the best advice I can give is to try out different lures, and see which ones catch you fish. You can get a pretty decent selection of soft plastic lures for $15 if you stick to Zoom and Yum. No need to go crazy at first. Just get a few a different kinds and see what works.

Also, Google is your friend. There's hundreds of articles on how to fish almost every type of lure. It's worth searching for fishing reports in your area too.

And memes aside, buy a mepps.
>>
>>1113268
I always do better with Texas rigs for some reason. Jigs just love to get caught up on shit when I'm running them on the bottom and it's harder to get good hook sets.

>>1113261
Mepps and Rapalas like Husky Jerks, Originals, or X-Raps.
>>
File: s-l225.jpg (9 KB, 204x225)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
>>1113206
>You can always ask advice on here if certain brand or lure is good and worth it if you find a deal.

I'll take you up on that. Lost my last spoon to a particularly hard fighting log and have to run to restock. What would you recommend I pick up while I'm there? I found a pack of pic related on the ground which I had decent luck with (a handful of sub 12 inch largemouth).

The river has everything you could expect from various species of bass to shovelnose sturgeon to carp. I don't really care what I catch as long as it fights well.

I leave a line with a worm and bobbed floating out in the deep calm spot which is usually pretty good for all sorts of slower to strike fish while I work my way up and down the bank casting out and reeling in with my spoon (and also that soft bait I found) which I assume I should be doing with any of the hard baits I end up buying.

The question is what lures should I buy? I just got paid so I have$40 that is either going towards lures or towards beer, so I might as well buy something that will last a while.
>>
>>1112673
Apologies for the autisim

what you have is a walleye, Sander vitreus
Walleye zander, and sauger are in the sander genus

Pickerel pike and musky ( as a whole are) in the genus of esox,

sander is a lower clasification of the Percidae family ( closer related to yellow perch, zander and the darters ) But sander are sometimes refered to as "pike pearch" based on their possible resemblance to the esocidae family

where as esox is the only( known living ) genus in the Esocidae family
Now Perchidae falls into the order of Perciformes
Esocidae falls into the order of Esociformes

Perciformes and esocidae Both fall into the same class of Actinopterygii ( ray finned fish)

so what you have is far from a "true pickerel" as theyre Not at all closely related scientifically
Infact the only relation they have is the fact theyre ray finned fish and not lobe finned + the whole Possible resemblance thing
>>
>>1113512
You could never go wrong with buying a couple of rapala jerkbaits. I've caught fish in both fresh and saltwater on a 2 1/2 inch husky jerk.
>>
Okay now I’m REALLY starting to get pissed off. Was super pumped to get my rod tip delivered just now so I could go tomorrow and what do you fucking know. The thing fucking broke during shipping. I’m so fucking sick and tired of this piece of shit rod it’s not even funny at this point
>>
>>1113512
Alright so when it comes to money saving, you have to consider something. Are you more confident on not losing your lures often or you want something that you aren't afraid to toss out in risky snag spot. Soft plastic are cheaper per rig so you don't lose much if you lose one set up to a snag. However, soft plastic get ripped up so you have to go through them after catching a few fishes. Meanwhile, hard bait are durable and can catch many fishes but you'll lose more if snagged. Are you fishing in super windy condition often? If so you might have a spoon handy because those cast best in the wind anyway.

For cheap but good soft plastic, zoom fluke, brush hog, and trick worm are all good. Go for the small models if you want save money since you get a lot per bag but you'll get quanity over quality fish wise. Big fishes do bite small lures sometimes too though. Yum worm is not too bas as well if you want a cheap stick worm lure. These soft plastic are flexible as they can be fished multiple ways and can be weedless as well with off set hooks.

For hard bait, you can't go wrong with rapala long thin minnow shape jerkbait like husky jerk, shadow rap, or the original. Rapala constantly releases "new models" so old ones go on sale to clear inventory all the time and their performance don't vary that much. Strike king also similiar stuff as similiar prices as well. Soft plastic are usually used with various hooks or jig head.

You also fat body crank,lip or lipless and there are so many brands with them from rapala, strike king, to yo-zuri. However I don't fishes those as much since I don't fish freshwater that often so I can't say how good they are.

Then you have spinner like mepps that people on this general really like. However, I don't think it is good in a river condition since the water will be fast flowing and imo mepp has too much resistance in that condition. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong. Spoon seems to be better with that condition
>>
>>1113603
>>1113512
For hard bait, the methods is more streamlined as the bait usually have very specific depth of dive and action. you can't add weight on them as they will ruin the action. All you need is to tie the hard lure on your line and get going.

Those are the very basic lures you can have. There are bunch of other stuff like top water but those are for more niche conditions. Furthermore, those storm shad you posted seem to not be so bad. Imo though, pre-rig stuffs like that are a bit costly since you can buy cheaper soft plastic in a bag and self rig for more bang for your buck. Zoom fluke paddletail would be cheaper and probably imitate the same thing as those storm shad

Carp and sturgeon fish to more live or fresh bait. You can ask someone else for how to get those.
>>
>>1113603
Not the guy you're replying to, but how can i fish a jig without snagging on the rocky bottoms of creeks?
>>
>>1113606
A sensitive rod helps a lot, keeping tension on the line at all times, and using lighter weights. A heavier rod/line might also help with pulling the lure off of a snag, but I couldn't tell you if that honestly helps any.
>>
Let's pike lures. Every spring I go up to a lake in northern Wisconsin with the extended family (32 in total). Generally speaking there is only about 10 of us that fish while we are up there, but everyone goes out with me at least once to drag some spoons around until they catch a northern. This of course leads to the local bait shop selling me $70 worth of spoons per year because they can't stop losing them. I don't mean to be a cheap ass, but it's pretty fucking annoying to see $3 disappear over and over again and I was thinking of making my own since work always slows down in the winter.

I want to build the absolute cheapest lures I can whether that be a spoon, a rooster tail, or something else. Does anyone have any experience doing this? I have a giant shop with lots of free time, I just don't know where to start. I'm aiming to get under $1 per unit but lower is always better.

>>1113596

Go buy a $20 rod at Walmart just to get some fishing in. It suck having to spend the money, but it sucks more to not be fishing.
>>
>>1113603
>>1113605

Thanks a lot for the reply. I am not afraid to swim out to a snag so I almost never lose a lure. I guess I'll pick up some hard baits when I get to the baitshop tomorrow. They don't have a huge selection but the owner is a good guy, I'm sure he will point me in the right direction.

Assuming the rain doesn't flood out my spot I'll let you all know how it goes on Friday.
>>
why the FUCK do I always snag
>>
>>1113603
Oh yea, i forgot grubs and tubes for soft plastic as well. . Honestly, there are so many designs that work. Basic and proven designs are worm, grub, minnow, lizards, tubes and creatures ( tons of meme shapes). There are extra gimmicks like scent and salt infusions but those are often more expensive.
>>
>>1113619
Fucking greed and optimism

Oh boy that rock/ piling/ vegetation bush, dock looks really promising. There might be a fish hiding right behind or in there. I just gonna cast and run my lure just right by it and FUCK.
>>
File: 3rd cast.jpg (157 KB, 720x960)
157 KB
157 KB JPG
>>1113512
look in to an inline spinner, smaller rather than larger. should put you on some dinks
>>1113533
petition to call all fish by scientific name
>>1113539
10/10 comic
>>1113596
did you order it online or in person?
if you got it from a shop, take the rod in to the shop, and then say "im sick of this thing, find me a 10wt overhead/single hand rod that is the cost of a 10 wt overhead line cheaper than this, then find me a single hand 10wt line that gets me pretty close to the price of this
then take your spey line off your reel, pop the reel on the 10 wt rod, attach your new line, and go fishing.
>>1113606
if you get it stuck you can usually let out a big bow of line in to the water, then set the hook with the rod tip low, and it might just be enough to pull your jig backwards and out of the rocks inwhich it is stuck
>>1113619
you gotta git gud
>pic related, 3 casts in to a pike fishing trip and i hooked an infamous logfish
(sidenote, my friend's advice the day i left was "look for any speckled logs that are swimming, those are pike")
>>
>>1113611
Its not a matter of being able to fish. I still have my bass setups and creek fly fishing stuff but I had my heart set on going for salmon tomorrow seeing as this weekend will be plagued by the most cancerous fisherman on the planet (People from new jersey) for the long weekend. What makes it even worse is this will be the 3rd tip section for this rod in 2 weeks.
>>1113625
I got it in person but the rod tips are being shipped since the shop I got it from doesn't have tip sections for my specific rod. Im honestly about to just say fuck it and buy a single hand 8-9 weight setup that will act as a nymph rig or a back up in situations like this. Only issue is id have to get the reel, backing, main line. Idk if it would be worth it. what other use's can you get out of a single hand 8-9w that I cant or shouldn't do with a two handed 10w?
>>
>>1113629
you already have a good reel, just get a 9/10 wt single hand rod, and a line to match. suddenly, pike fishing is an option (you go in to canada now and then with family for that if i remember right? imagine one of those on a fly rod) you can target carp, you can still swing streamers for salmon, but now you can also dredge for them (nymphing)
run your rod in to the shop right now, say "this thing blows, i want my money back" then use that money for a 9/10 fly rod and a line. put your spey line on the spool that your new line came on, use the backing you already have, and make it work. eventually if you get a spey setup again, you can put the spey line back on your reel, then get a reel set up for your 9/10
>>
>>1113636
I’m missing half the rod. Well kinda. I have two snapped tip sections in my back seat but I doubt they would accept that for a return. Also it wold take me 35 minutes to get there and they will be closed by then. I could go in the morning but like I said I doubt they would accept half a rod back because other people were retarded.

Wouldn’t it make more sense to get an 8w? I could be wrong but I feel like a 9 would be too close to a 10 but an 8 is just far enough away to make it worth while. I’d rather have an entire setup on its own as a back up instead of having to keep switching line back and forth when ever I wanted to use one or the other
>>
>>1113252
>implying tripfags aren't still anonymous
>>
>>1113645
if you take it back to them and they have reasonable customer service, tell them "hey, this thing broke once during normal casting, again during a fishing trip, and i got my third tip in the mail already broken and im just over it"
then they will say either "im sorry that happened, but there's nothing we can do" or "im terribly sorry about that, would you like to return it? possibly exchange it?" in which case you say "i'd like to exchange it" then go pick out a 9 wt rod (i normally dont believe in odd number rods but there are scenarios, and also a 10wt spey rod is a lot heavier than a 10 weight overhead rod, a 10 wt spey is more comparable to a 12 wt single hand
if you get a 9 that will kinda split the difference, it will be light enough to use any time you would want an 8 but you can push it to fish big flies for big fish like a 10.
>>
>>1113645
>>1113666
also while an 8 would be fine for steelhead, i think you would want a little more for actual salmon.
>>
>>1113666
>>1113667
Ok thanks, skid. I’ll let you know how it works out tomorrow

Pic related will be me in the worst case scenario tomorrow
>>
>>1113672
good luck
and stay off /b/ its all edgelord college students who refuse to admit that traps are gay
pro tip from an actual gay, they are.
>>
>>1113693
Lol I wasn’t browsing /b/ I swear

I remove my trip in any thread other than this one.
>>
>>1113698
oh well in that case . . .
>>
>>1113596
>Broke during shipping

Who did you buy your rod from?

Thats bullshit. Literally 50 cents of packing material will make a rod invincible unless its crushed under a truck or left under a pallet.
>>
>>1113766
it’s a small NY based rod maker called Shu-Fly. The first tip they sent me was in a long flat rate box and was fine. This time they took two boxes and folded them into triangles and taped them onto each end. It clearly didn’t work. There was a little protection but the USPS just really fucked it. I already filed a claim
>>
>>1113777
Looks like they cheaped out on packing materials. But its also likely USPS ran over your package in one of the distribution hubs, or it simply got stuck and crushed on the sorting lines.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0-ukGIwcH8
>>
>>1113783
Video is of UPS, but USPS has a similar older system. And at times they even both use each other for shipping.
>>
File: IMG_20170924_035914.jpg (2.26 MB, 1944x2592)
2.26 MB
2.26 MB JPG
Is it just me or is this thread slow?
Also
>Be me
>Hella free time
>But Ive not been fishing in a while
>Or even done anything
Like seriously for a couple weeks now sleeping is all I've done
Maybe the saltwater fishing spoiled me? I could go to the river but I have too many bug bites to wet Wade. I could go to the lake but it's been totally dead. I could stalk carp but the mosquito bites.
>>
>>1113790
I haven't been posting much since work has been eating up all my time, haven't had time to fish in weeks. I've been enjoying Perch, Pickerel and 1-2 pound bass on 4lb UL setup though.
>>
>>1113790
ive been spending alot of time at the beach going back tomorrow
>>
>>1113790
Eh summer is over and i'm busy with school. I might try dig out the fly tying vice and maybe try my hand at lure building
>>
File: choke2.gif (10 KB, 490x298)
10 KB
10 KB GIF
Anyone here know where the bass are at Choke Canyon TX?
>>
Do any of you anons use Cuban yo-yo fishing reels or whatever? I quite like them.
Going to go hiking soon and thinking about bringing it.
>>
>>1111744
How much was it and how well does it work?
>>
>>1112638
I like traps :) Someone give me her number.
>>
File: 20170930_171658.jpg (483 KB, 708x1080)
483 KB
483 KB JPG
>>1113924
Fuck, forgot to mention. Caught this Jaguar with the yo-yo last weekend. I am going to go back this weekend.
I have two of them already (Caught another one a couple of months ago), how should I cook them?
>>
>>1113790
It's getting to be that time of year. By the time I get off work and to the lake I only have about an hour to catch something, so I've slowed down going during the week.

>>1113929
>her
>>
>>1113929
>Her
>>
>>1113204
Are you stupid or trolling? lol
>>
Too depressed to get out of bed.

Guess I’m waiting till Monday/Tuesday to wet a line again :(
>>
>>1113993
>on 4chan
>cant recognize shitposting
>>1113995
go to the fly shop and trade your spey for a 9wt single hand
>>
>>1113995
I feel ya man, was going to ride my bike to a pond, but that hasn't happened because I'm lazy.
>>
File: 9591.jpg (205 KB, 640x480)
205 KB
205 KB JPG
>>1113935
Assuming you scaled them and removed guts and gills, either fry them whole, bake them, or poach them in a sour curry. This stuff is my jam for smaller fish. If I come home with several fish I filet; if I only bring home one or two smaller fish I simmer them in this.
>>
>>1114001
>>1113995
No keep the spey rod you could use that if you go saltwater fishing over here in the surf.
>>
>>1114021
he's broken the tip off it twice and the third one broke in the post, the thing is cursed
>>
>>1114016
I haven't gut or scaled them yet, they are currently in the freezer.
Thinking about wrapping them in aluminum foil with black pepper, salt, lemon juice, and cut pieces of lemon. Then putting them in the BBQ.
These fishes actually have quite a bit of meat, enough to feed me quite well.
Do you simmer the filets or the whole fish?
>>
>>1113935
filet and fry is my starting point when im unsure
>>
>>1114026
I put the whole cleaned fish into what becomes this spicy and sour tamarind soup. It's very Asian and would work if you like exploring new flavors.

Otherwise what you have outlined is going to work out great. Use plenty of olive oil or butter to prevent the skin and meat from sticking to that foil. Presentation and whatnot.
>>
>>1114026
If you catch another jaguar, scale it and butterfly the fish. Then you put the buttflied fillet in some flour,then egg and panko crust them. Deep fry them and put it in a bun. I had yellowtail snappers like that and it was good. Also make sure you season the fillet well it'll taste better
>>
>>1114001
I can't even tell anymore. So many fucking idiots everywhere
>>
File: 55138-004-83C3A548.jpg (95 KB, 600x350)
95 KB
95 KB JPG
What's the best setup for bowfin/dogfish? I've never caught one, but I would really like to.
>>
Any of you nibbas try one of those subscription boxes? Thinking of getting a few months of one for my dad's birthday. Not sure if they are just a meme or not.
>>
>>1114123
>every thread

They're kinda cool if you don't buy many lures/are just starting. A little memey and they don't always feel like a good value.
>>
Anyone ever tried kayak fishing?

I want to be able to get a little farther into the lake but no longer have a boat. Saw some $300 kayaks and was thinking about picking one up and throwing my trolling motor on it.

How hard are they to tip when fighting a decent sized fish?
>>
>>1114089
I've always done best with bright colored beatle spins. Sometimes you got to work it fast and sometimes you literally have to drag it slowly on the bottom.
>>
>>1114147
Depends on the width of the kayak. The wider it is the more stable. It affect how much drag you gonna have. Buy a cheap one or second hand. Never a new one as a beginner.
>>
>>1114147
Also the kayak sometimes turns to the fish you hookup to, or they drag the kayak for bit. They'll wont tip you unless you're hooking a triple digit fish
>>
>>1114147
Pretty hard to flip from fighting a fish, now if you started flailing around pretty easily. Also check on your local laws, once you put a motor on, it may have to be registered.
I bought my Eagle Talon for 300 off Craigslist and it's a good entry level kayak. Kayaks are all about customizing it to what fits you, which is half the fun. Defiantly would want
>better seat (first priority)
>rod holders/leashes
>storage
>anchor trolley w/ carabiner &float to Anchor rope to disconnect while fighting
>fishfinder (optional)
>eyelets to clip things to
>>
File: IMG_1948.jpg (666 KB, 1242x2208)
666 KB
666 KB JPG
It's like Christmas morning...
>>
Didn’t even try to return my switch rod. Got this Douglas 10’ 8w. Tried to get the 9w but they didn’t have any line. I accidentally got a reel for a 9/10 weight after I decided to get the 8w rod. Does it really matter? I’m debating if I want to go back and swap it for the 7/8 size
>>
>>1114181
>Savage Meme
Is that MTB or somethin? Or just got a package in the mail?

>MTB
>Big Bite Baits 8pk
>$7.99 Retail

>>1114066
This is why I trip. Because that way people know "Oh it's just Pepsi. He really is that dumb."
>>
>>1114225
Everything was cheap clearance from tackle warehouse. I think the rat was $8 and the craw trailers were $2.79
>>
File: 20171005_182520.jpg (3.09 MB, 5312x2988)
3.09 MB
3.09 MB JPG
Got stopped by the police today while biking home from the river. Guy said he thought the lanyard looked like wires and seemed out of place. I guess every little Mohammed is biking to the nearest elementary school with a 8 foot long pipe bomb under his arm.
[spoiler] Guy was just doing his job though [/spoiler]
>>
>>1114224
no keep that reel, it can be nice to have an oversized reel. clip 5/8 of an ounce to the end and bounce it and you will see why having a heavier than usual reel can be nice to prevent fatigue
>>
>>1114232
>>1114224
forgot to add, i have an 11/12 fly reel on my 10 (still need line for it though)
>>
Fucking God danm it is good to have a phone again.
>>
>>1114147
>>1114159
>>1114166
Will it be easier to stand in if I'm super skinny and lightweight?
>>
>>1114263
yeah, but still be careful. you can stand easily if you consider an outrigger and favor your weight towards it.
>>
So how do I get gud at fishing? I've just recently picked it up and have had no luck. Mostly freshwater in Texas. I've only been using synthetic bait. Is this it? I've also only used a basic floating rig. Is this it?
>>
>>1113512
>>1113618

This guy back again. Swung by the river for about an hour after the baitshop. Picked up two inline spinners for now because that's what the owner recommended. Got a lot of pretty decent bites that would rub with it some then spit it out, but ended up catching a couple ~10" bass. It's been raining here lately and the river rose a couple inches which means I have a 30 foot ledge of <4 inch deep water to cast over, which kind sucks, but all in all I would call the new bait a success. Thanks for the help.
>>
>>1114306
What are you fishing for and where are you fishing.
>>
>>1114308
Nothing in particular. I go sit at the shore of the lake and throw out my mine.

And where do you means freshwater lakes? Or specific lakes?
>>
>>1114310
Well a specific lake would help tell us what anon/tripfag you are near, and what fish you can target. What specific bait are you using would tell us if you are a bit retarded or full retard.
>>
>>1114311
I usually go too Joe Pool, Ray Hubbard, or White Rock in DFW.

And I'm using synthetic grubs at the moment for bait.

I'm going to make the assumption that just tossing out a line with bait doesn't quite work and I need to target fish? Like I said I've probably only gone fishing a few times and just went and bought shit.
>>
>>1114313
so when you say throwing it out, you you mean casting and letting it sit, or casting and retrieving it back in?
>>
>>1114313
It is cool we all were new at some point. Skip the grubs and use a pinch of night crawler on your float rig for panfish if you just want to have a bit of fun. Artificial baits are going to be best used in certain areas and in their intended way. You are near TXlizardfag so he can chime in with info on some better info on the area and what you might want to try.
>>
>>1114314
I'll cast and let it sit, pull it in a little, sit, pull it in, etc.

>>1114317
So go get some worms and keep using a floating rig for just lazy day lounging?

I'll also infer that I'll need to know what kind of fish are where I am at and use specific tricks to target them?
>>
>>1114322
>So go get some worms and keep using a floating rig for just lazy day lounging?
Yep we call it pestering perch and it is good fun for getting your confidence up.
>>
>>1114322

Check your local laws, I've heard some places get pissy about having more than one line in the water, but what I like to do is put out a crawler on a bobber line just tied off to a tree or something, walk around the lake casting a buzzbait around any downed trees and check your bobber when you get back. Its not exactly lazy, but my biggest problem in life is sitting still, so it helps the time go by even if you aren't catching jack shit.
>>
>>1114166
>>1114162
>>1114159

Was thinking of picking this up to give it a shot, I don't know anything about kayaks, is this a good deal or should I keep looking?

https://chambana.craigslist.org/spo/d/fishing-kayak/6332209382.html
>>
>>1114324
>>1114327
Thanks friends. I'm gonna have to find some worms next time I go out
>>
>>1114322
So with a soft plastic lure like the grub you're using YOU impart the action (movement) on it. This is important because the fish that take lures 90% of the time will be bass, and bass feed primarily by sight. If you're letting it sit for minutes it won't catch you a fish. On grubs specifically I like to just swim them through the water, with maybe a few pauses of like a second or so.

I would definitely suggest getting some night crawlers and putting them under a bobber and catch some panfish. Pay attention to where you catch them at. If you find a spot where you're catching a decent amount of them try throwing the grub to that spot. I would do this until you're comfortable catching fish and have the basics down.

I also suggest going to Walmart and getting a few (maybe $15) worth of lures that you think will catch fish. I would try a lipless crank bait (http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Strike_King_Red_Eye_Shad/descpage-SKRES.html) in some kind of white or chrome color. Work it the same way as the grub.

a straight tail worm (http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Zoom_Trick_Worm/descpage-ZTW.html)

and a crawfish imitator (http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Yum_Christie_Craw/descpage-YUMCRCW.html)

For these you can pick whatever colors catch your eye, but darker colors seem to work most consistently for me. You'll also need to get a few 3/0 wide gap hooks and bullet weights. Look up how to Texas rig on YouTube. You just bounce these on the bottom basically.

I'd suggest a stickbait too. Googling how to fish this will be the easiest thing to do.
(http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Yum_Dinger/descpage-YD.html)

Lastly fish won't usually be out in the open for no reason. They like to hangout in spots where they can ambush prey. Look for trees, grass lines, and drop offs in the water and fish around those.

Lastly, if you aren't catching fish in one spot, move! I think a lot of people get stuck fishing one particular spot that they miss out on catching other fish.
>>
>>1114273
Well being a skelly is good for something I guess
>>
>>1114340
most places will sell you worms, even walmart, they're a couple of bucks and come in a little plastic tub
>>
>>1114322
>>1114341
I'm just a little bit west of you, and those lures usually work pretty good. That's why I picked those. I haven't fished the specific lakes by you, but I assume they're similarish.

Just keep at it mang you'll figure it out. Like Zurriss said, we were all new once. Don't be afraid to ask questions.
>>
>>1114341
Wow thanks for the great post. I'll definitely go pick some of all of this up too.
>>
File: 1005172113_Film7-1.jpg (454 KB, 1751x2856)
454 KB
454 KB JPG
>>1114340
No problem anon. Porsit!
>>
>>1114340
Also what >>1114327 said is double good advice. Texas fishing laws do change depending on the area sometimes, so read the rule book. As well as active casting while soaking bait can be good way to fish, but be careful on how you soak bait. Just so you know a pole and line set out on the bank is fine a string on a limb is not legal in some places or might just need a gear tag.
>>
>>1114351
No worries anon. I forgot to mention that when you get a bite on a texas rig you'll want to reel in the slack and sweep upward with your rod. This is called setting the hook. You don't have to do it super hard, a quick snap should do it. If you just start reeling the fish probably won't get hooked. With the red eyed shad/lipless crank you don't have to do this.

A great resource on how to fish different lures are the Lucky Tackle Box and Mystery Tackle Box YouTube channels. They go over how to rig it and it shows you what the lure looks like in the water.

And if you decide lures aren't your thing there's plenty of people on here who can give you the run down on using live/cut bait.
>>
File: CRAWLINGINMYDELEGATES.jpg (6 KB, 276x183)
6 KB
6 KB JPG
>>1111597
Going Carp Fishing on Lake Washington this Weekend Boys.

Corn/Panko/Cornoil/Oatmeal chum/packbait.

I..I..I'm gunna catch a 40lber I can feel it.
>>
>>1114401
Good luck teddo
>>
What's up with the dumb facemasks I see people wearing on fishing piers? Is it some dumb meme "MUST HAVE" trend item that people bought into to make some jew a bunch of sheckels?
>>
File: ugotaproblemfag.jpg (14 KB, 300x300)
14 KB
14 KB JPG
>>1114417
>Not looking super fly for your facebook fishing selfie of the half pound sculpin you just caught using mardhmallows.
>>
>>1114417
Sun protection
>>
File: IMG_1951.jpg (557 KB, 1242x2208)
557 KB
557 KB JPG
Anyone recognize this lure? I have no idea where it came from, looks old.
>>
>>1114307
Do you wear a polarized sunglasses with fishing? It's really great as protection for your eyes and also help you see fishes in the water. If there's a shallow area like that where you are fishing, you can actually see fishes in the water with a polarized sunglasses. They aren't afraid to go to shallow water at all, especially big fishes.
>>
>>1114417
sun protection is the big thing, some people think they look cool on top of that.
>>
File: hmM6meEh3f-6.png (19 KB, 300x250)
19 KB
19 KB PNG
how the fuck do i catch trout?? just bought a fly rod/reel and now i need to catch these slippery bastards. im in northern va and i fish in the shenandoan valley/near the wv border. any tips lads?
>>
>>1114424

Normally I do, but I left them at home when I went to school, so I've been flying blind for a while. They really do make fishing a whole lot better.
>>
>>1114447
You should buy a cheap $20-30 one. It should be good enough consider how much you will beat them up in fishing trips
>>
>>1114439
i'll assume a river or stream, and have waders or will be wet wading, and can cast the thing well enough.
there are a lot of things trout eat; caddisflies, mayflies, stoneflies, minnows, terrestrials, and midges are the big ones. the october caddis should be around so having those in a fly box is a must, i would say having some fairly heavy streamers is worth while for the fall, and i never like to go anywhere without some mayfly nymph patterns. i would say get some october caddis patterns in size 12 and 10, some beadhead wooly buggers in size 6-10, and some pheasant tail nymphs size 14, 16, and 16 to keep it minimal. if you want to add something more, zebra midges in size 16-20 is a good idea, too. i would say you should have 3x and 5x tippet material on hand, and some pinch on strike indicators aswell. that should be your cheapest way to get in to it given the time of year. i would say start with nymphing, and watch some youtube videos on mending, orvis puts out good videos. tie 3x tippet to the end of an 8 or 9 foot 2x leader, then tie on a wooly bugger, then just swing it as you walk the river. as you go, occasionally pick up a rock and see if there are any bugs hanging to the bottom of it, you should be able to find something after enough looks. tie on the closest nymph you have to what you see on the rock, favour slightly smaller rather than bigger if you dont have an exact match, then tie that to the bend of your wooly bugger's hook, and put a strike indicator on your leader about 1.5 times higher from the bugger than the water is deep. you will now be dead drifting the combo. try not to grow roots, and keep moving. if you see a lone rock in a deep pool, cast to the near side of it 6-10 feet infront of it, and try to dead drift it along it. if you dont get anything with that, cast right up behind the rock. then just past it several feet infront of it. if after those couple of casts you get nothing, keep moving.
(1/2)
>>
>>1114341

Completely unrelated, but you ever have shiner beer? Room mate is from Texas and makes it sound as if it is the single greatest beer ever produced.
>>
>>1114439
>>1114451
2/2
if the strike indicator does anything you are not expecting it to, set the hook. it might be nothing, it might be a leaf, it might be a fish. then if you see an october caddis hatch, pull in your line, cut the whole rig off at the wooly bugger leaving the 3x tippet intact, and rip off the strike indicator, and tie on a caddis fly, hit it with some gink, and drift it naturally. if you haphazardly pull your fly out of the water it will make a big pop that can spook fish, so slowly pull your rod to get the fly skittering before you start your back cast, you only have to move it about a foot. that should help you, and spend an hour or two on youtube just watching techniques.
>>
>>1113853
B-E seem like optimal spots, you running gobi/minnow as bait or artificial?
>>
>>1114089
I live in east Tawas Michigan, I use a rapala silver and black 7, and dogfish tend to strike them pretty hard, might be worth a shot at trying one of those, just be sure to flick on occasion and if you get nothing cast out further than the first and repeat
>>
>>1114621
Artificial, but I'm bringing the whole box so I'll throw whatever I need to when I get there
>>
>>1114625
if you got any fly sized hooks, toss a piece of worm or hell even a bit of cigarette foam from the discarded bottoms onto it and run it along the shores, that's what I do for gobi in my area, then hook them through the mouth and bring out the gill plate (kills them over time) and add a splitshot, cast out and let it hit bottom and reel in slowly, but enough you get a feel for what's at the bottom and usually you'll draw in bass like no other from my experiences
>>
>>1114452
I had it when i visited Nashville once. Was really good.
>>
>>1114628
How's the vegetation around B? I think I'm gonna camp there this weekend for some fishing. Thanks for the help
>>
>>1114636
sorry meant C
>>
>>1114637
No idea personally, never been there, was giving my tips from michigan bass to you hoping that may help you there, but as for vegetation, look for downed trees nearly submerged and try casting around the outer edges of it, a lot of bass tend to hide under or around them, as for weeds and such, look for the areas of traffic (follow the minnow activity) and aim for the bottom
>>
Where is Miami anon?

You goin fishin this weekend?
>>
>>1114452
They sell Shiner Bock all over the country. It's pretty good and not that expensive. Lots of grocery stores even carry it.

>>1114401
I still like white bread
>>
Water level is still incredibly low up north, I wish you guys in Florida would stop hogging all the rain. I'm thinking about going out to my favorite spots and building some rock piles and cover in spots that'll be at least 5 feet underwater when it evens out, think it'll be worth it?
>>
File: IMG_0093.jpg (2.53 MB, 4032x3024)
2.53 MB
2.53 MB JPG
>>1114225
>>1114181
That doesn't seem particularly cheap for meme rat and big bite bait. I remember them going even cheaper on sale at dsg. Does big bite bait even work or are they shit since I rarely see anyone pick them up.

I got all of these at dsg clearance flash sale for $20. Dsg seems to have generally better sale. Their free shipping limit is also good and sometimes have no limit period as well. However, their base price is slightly higher than other places. Their fishing selection is not as big as bps or tacklewarehouse as well.
>>
>>1114760
I was gonna say the same thing to him when he mentioned the steal on those Big Bites for $2.49 or whatever.

Dick's is def the best with their sales. I grabbed a couple of those Yo-Zuris in that bluegill color for real cheap a couple months ago. Forgot I even had them.
>>
Did really good today. I was standing at the farthest point up the river that fishing is allowed right before the hatchery. I threw tiny little orange and chartreuse egg imitations. I only had 5 on me and I lost all of them to fish. The first couple that I hooked up with I was too excited and hyper to really figure out how to fight it properly and land so I lost them all. On my last egg I managed to land one. I had to chase it all the way down the left hand side of the pic above like some a river runs through it type shit and had a guy standing there help me net it. I’m going to try and switch up to a little heavier leader and tippet tomorrow and see if my numbers improve. I lost count of how many I hooked but it was probably close to 10 or so. I don’t know what I was doing right but I was hooking up way faster than the two old guys standing downstream of me.

I wish I had the picture of me with my fish I landed but the guy who netted it took the picture and he still hasn’t emailed me it :(
>>
File: ohio.png (120 KB, 448x454)
120 KB
120 KB PNG
>>1114848
>mfw i told you to dump the spey and i was right
anyways, congrats red! you got it sorted! ready to take the spey back to the fly shop to pay off your new combo? also try some 0x tippet but tie the egg on with a nonslip loop knot.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MGTgvAvm64&t=3s

i did some testing with this knot and the guy instructing says the wrap direction doesn't matter, but i found it is stronger if you turn the mono up towards you like in the video.
>>
>>1114915
>Mfw the one I landed was on 4x tippet
>>
>>1114920
damn lol. the lightest i would try with is 2x
>>
File: 20171006_230115.jpg (4.28 MB, 5312x2988)
4.28 MB
4.28 MB JPG
Anyone have any tips for catching hybrids from a spillway? I'm planning on using 1/4oz jigs with white curlytails.
>>
>>1114923
I wouldn’t have been able to do it without you desu. If I would have never started posting in these threads I’m almost positive I would have never taken up fly fishing. I’m so glad I did

Gots this picture as I was walking back to my truck. This is the guy who helped land my fish. Took him a solid 20 minutes to bring it in with a long 7w rod
>>
>>1114935
that actually makes me proud, and glad that i grew out of my edgelord phase and left /b/ for the real boards.
also if anyone tries to talk about how bad 4chan is, remember learning to fly fish here, and tell them to get out of the edgelord boards and go to the boards that are actual people instead of basement-dwelling trolls
>>
>>1114935
wtf someone explain this to my dumbass. wouldnt 10ish or so people all standing in a river throwing out lures just spook fish? i dont freshwater fish at all.
>>
>>1114935

That seems way too crowded and over pressured.

Reminds me of when I worked in Anchorage, Alaska for a bit and all the swarms of gooks poaching the creeks leading to the inlet. Or when I visited my brother in Panama City Beach and all the gooks crowding the fishing piers.

Seriously fuck poaching gooks. They always scatter before the conservation officers show up like they have a look out or something.
>>
>>1115067
That guy was the only asian I saw. He was very nice. Its usually crowded in that spot since the fly fishing only stretch that I go to is fairly small. Im glad to accommodate other fly angles as long as they keep a reasonable distance.

I walked 50ft across the bridge which acts as the start point of the fly only portion and on the other side spinning gear is allowed. I was absolutely disgusted with what I saw. There were about 50 people crammed into a stretch smaller than seen in that picture. On one side of the bank there was a shirtless guy with a bleach blonde mullet that went down past his shoulders screaming and shouting like a retard at a group of hillbillys pounding cans of beers on the other side of the river. It was the most degenerate displays of fishing ive ever seen. No one looked like they were having fun and everyone was yelling and swearing and trying to pick fights with one another. I thought the people from new jersey were bad.. turns out the low iq local spinning plebs are the worst of all
>>
File: IMG_4013.jpg (2.84 MB, 4032x3024)
2.84 MB
2.84 MB JPG
My birthday is Monday. Who wants to send me fishin stuff?

Also I'm starting to see Xmas stuff in stores! We gotta get the Secret Santa movin one of these days.
>>
File: 20171003_091151.jpg (1.44 MB, 3264x1836)
1.44 MB
1.44 MB JPG
This is a fish.
>>
>>1114439
rooster tail
>>
>>1115081

Oh, sorry, I didn't mean the guy in your picture was a poacher it just reminded me of fishing environments that pissed me off from how crowded it looks. I fish in the middle of no where now.
>>
File: IMG_20171007_185930.jpg (2.91 MB, 2341x2052)
2.91 MB
2.91 MB JPG
Tacky Boxes are great.
>>
File: IMG_6336.jpg (1.44 MB, 4032x3024)
1.44 MB
1.44 MB JPG
>>1115276
I'm about to stop by Dick's and see what is good. I have some extra $$ from all that hurricane pay and I'm debating whether to do new brakes on my car (which I really need) or buy a new combo.

Also first time fishing this little pond since Irma and there are soooo many fucking branches underwater. When a wacky rig is getting hung up every cast, you know it's bad.
>>
>>1115279
>buying a new combo

For what? You don’t even fish anymore
>>
File: IMG_6334.jpg (2.99 MB, 4032x3024)
2.99 MB
2.99 MB JPG
>>1115281
I know, but I'll get something that looks real nice.
>>
>>1115284
Nigga get new brakes, i don't wanna hear a story about you drowning in a canal with some thot. Feeding the new generation of exotics fishies.
>>
File: fallfish.jpg (389 KB, 1000x483)
389 KB
389 KB JPG
Biggest catch of the day

2lb test was a blast. Tossed 1/64 oz jigs with ease.
>>
>>1115222
im pretty sure that's an aquatic mammal
>>1115276
would use/10
>>1115284
get an old penn senator 6/0 and a heavy 6' or 7' rod to go with it, then spool it with #50 mono with a #100 topshot and use a kayak to paddle bait out the size of the fish in your pic, on a 12/0 circle hook dangling off of 3 feet of #10 wire and let that soak for a shark on the beach. all you have to do is catch that one shark and you will have the beach to yourself for the rest of the day.
>>
>>1115290
that would be fun on my 2 wt
>>
>>1115222
Woah dude how did you catch that duck?
>>
>>1115292
I was fishing this hole that was in a split of the already somewhat small river. Leaves all over the top and around a bend with a log.

I see something smack the jig and just thought it was going to be the big smallie i was looking for but then saw the shiny scales.
>>
>>1115279
> it's a bepsis spending all of his gibs money on fishing tackle he never use after his death in an unfortunate car accident due to failed brake episode
>>
File: 4444444.jpg (172 KB, 800x820)
172 KB
172 KB JPG
>>1111597
Went Carp Fishing on Lake Washington today.

Putted around in my kayak.

Surface Temps near one of the rivers was 55F due to the recent rains, but the further I moved away from it, the closer it got to 65F.

Looked for carp in the shallows, was unable to see any signs of feeding. Only a few salmon jumping.

Nothing on the depth finder either.

Anchored down and fished for about two hours in 4 feet of water, 12 feet of water, and 30 feet of water (2 hours each). No bites. No signs of feeding.

I was using a method lead, with a hair rig. One rod was tossing blood worm boilies, and the otheir was tossing artificial corn. I chummed with boilies, corn, and oatmeal. With Cornoil used to make some packbait out of those.

After that it started raining pretty hard so I decided to move back towards the boat launch.

Fishing a 10 foot deep hole up the river a bit. (Technically part of Lake Washington in the Regs)

Chummed with bread, and use a weight, and a hair rig with bread.

Managed to catch 1 Squawfish.

Does any one know how to target Carp as Water Temps drop? Lake Washington is a BIG, Lake with multiple Rivers coming into it. As the Water cools, I'm not sure where I should target Carp.
>>
>>1114848
>All Those Fisherman

I fucking hate Salmon Fishing.

I don't mind running into otheir anglers every one and awhile. But it seems half the time theres more lines in the water than there are Fish.
>>
>>1115303
>fishing for carp while salmon are jumping
just sell your fishing gear and get new hobbies anon. seriously.
>>
File: inteltrikery.jpg (10 KB, 180x142)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
>>1115313
Salmon are an inferior Fish in literally every way to Carp.

Hell there are Carp in Lake Washington that weigh as much as 4 Coho Salmon.

Unless the government genetically engineers Salmon to Withstand Higher Water Temperatures, they wont even be around in 100 years lmao.
>>
>>1115317
.t carp

Fuck off. Carp is the nigger of the fish world
>>
File: IMG_6338.jpg (2.38 MB, 4032x3024)
2.38 MB
2.38 MB JPG
>>1115298
Bruh, that's a bowfin. Don't you know anything?

>>1115302
Ehh, only spent $45. If they had any of the combos or good reels on sale, I probably woulda grabbed something

>Random sign by Yo-Zuri lures
>30% off all $9.99 Reg Price Lures
>Ask employee wtf this means because it doesn't say Rapala or Yo Zuri or anything
>Scans em and says nothing rings up on sale
>tells me w/e, just tell them 30% off at the register because that's what is on the sign
So all of those hardbaits were $6.99ea. Not bad since X-Raps and regular Yo-Zuris never go on sale and those Clackin Raps are the gold color I love and full price are $15.

Based Dick's. If Bass Pro has sales like that, I would overdraft my bank account every time.
>>
>>1111597
Should I try fishing for Mountain Whitefish this November-Feb?

Lots of local Rivers that are otherwise closed, have special seasons for Whitefish. But I've never heard of any one fishing for them, nor have I ever landed one while targeting them a few years ago.
>>
>>1115305
thats what happens when there is only one salmon tributary in our part of NY. Id be lying If I said I dont mind the amount of people but there isnt anything I can do about it. Im looking forward to the winter time stealhead when there will be no one for miles
>>1115319
>t. carp

kek
>>
>>1115317
>my fish is better because it is literally everywhere and its big
so is islam, and its pretty terrible
>>
>>1115319
Idk man, it sucks soaking bait. But when I was a kid, my main pond that I could ride my bicycle to, I could either go for 4" bluegill, get lucky and hit a 10" bass, or grab a can of sweet corn and try to land some 5lb+ carp.
>>
>>1115332
I would like them more if they don't ruin every water body they are in, literally eat shit, shit everywhere, and taste like shit.
>>
File: 2017-10-07 19.31.13.jpg (4.34 MB, 3771x2121)
4.34 MB
4.34 MB JPG
I caught my first striper today out of my local spillway. 8lbs at 25 inches.
>>
>>1115335
Kek yeah but that little shithole pond was already ruined. And I normally don't eat the stuff I catch.

Anyway down here I'm afraid to even target them because I don't want to end up accidentally landing them in one of the places they were introduced for vegetation control.
>>
>>1115335
>Ruin

Carp get a bad name because they are one of the few species in NA that can handle poor water quality relatively well.

If Bass, Trout, or Salmon populations are in decline in any given body of Water, you can pretty much boil it down to poor Water Quality from Urbanization/Agriculture.
>>
File: schizoid.jpg (12 KB, 225x224)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
>>1111597
>tfw Paranoid some Meth Addict is going to steal my fishing gear at a boat launch
>>
>>1115350
Same here. This whole area is real mixed so even if you're by nice homes, the Dindus aren't far away. So I get paranoid leaving any fishing stuff in my car because there's no tint on the back and it's super easy to see into the trunk. And it's not even the rods, but if they were to grab that one tackle bag, it's thousands of $$$ in baits in there. And they would probably sell it to somebody for $50 not knowing what it was.
>>
>>1115368
That to me seems strangely like the more insulting part. Not purely the fact that it gets stolen, but that it is then sold for nothing near what its actually worth. Like why bother.
>>
File: toolate.jpg (52 KB, 638x480)
52 KB
52 KB JPG
>>1115368
Tinted Windows won't save you.

My friend left his doors unlocked, and had clear windows.

He left an empty cooler in the back of his car.

We get back from a day on the water, and the fucking window is smashed, and the cooler is gone.

There wasn't even anything in the cooler....
>>
>>1115377
Kek yeah that's why I try and take the shit out of my car and bring it right into the garage when I get home.

>>1115374
They aren't too bright. They're just happy that they got something worth a few bags worth of $$ to dude at the pawn shop.
>>
>>1115374
Addicts arn't trying to make money. They will do literally anything for there next fix.

They could have found an unsigned scratch ticket for 100k, and they would trade it for 50 dollars in amphetamines.
>>
File: image.jpg (2.06 MB, 4032x3024)
2.06 MB
2.06 MB JPG
Mouth on this guy was kinda fucked up

>>1115284
Do the lews Mach crush or go full retard and by a Metanium on a G. Loomis.

>>1115319
+1

>>1115368
How the fuck big is your tackle bag that you fit $1k worth of lures in there.
>>
>>1115382
Bruh, $10+ jerkbaits and $7+ spinners add up quick. The little lunch bag alone is at least $250 of soft plastics. And every $4 pack of hooks and random shit like that, it adds up.

And I was lookin at the Mach 2 at Dick's but I wouldn't buy it at full price. They didn't have the Crush. I like the Mach 2 because the body of the reel is a little smaller which makes it comfy to hold, but I took it apart and noticed that it doesn't have centrifugal brakes, just magnetic. The Mach 1 has both which I like a lot. Idk what the Crush has.
>>
>>1115382
>>1115384
Also you must remember that I tried to keep all of my cranks in one 3700 box, couldn't close the lid anymore, so bought a 3600 box too which is filled with hardbaits as well and now I'm worried that I won't be able to find room for the 5 jerkbaits I bought tonight.
>>
>>1115384
I think the Mach crush is the same thing just orange. You don't really need centrifugal brakes, but they are nice
>>
>>1115384
>>1115385
Shit if you aren't immediately using them, just leave them unopened in some drawer or box at home, preferably in a nice shade, cool, and dry place. You don't need absolutely everything in your car trunk. I only have 2-3 types of each hard lure or jig with me. Soft plastics are easier to carry and can be go through quickly so I do carry a few bags.
>>
>>1115389
That wouldn't work well with my brand of 'tism.

>>1115388
I know you don't need both but it gives you more flexibility. I don't know why they left em out tho, it's mostly just the different spool. Unless they wanted to shave off that 0.5oz. All of the $200+ Abu reels have both I think.
>>
>>1111597
>Wading Up River
>Bard Wire Fence Layed out across a clearly navigable stream
>Literally 10 no trespassing signs on 20 feet of the barb wire.

Is there anything worse than "MUH PROBERDY" fags?
>>
>>1115401

Some states have regs that say that the water is public but the shore can be private.
>>
>>1115401
nigs who leave 30+ feet of heavy mono on the bank after every fishing trip that make people want to put up those fences
>>
>>1115421
And you can always tell when it was a minority too because it's some little pond with dink bass and it's 30lb Eagle Claw mono fucking everywhere.
>>
>>1115401
If you owned land you'd understand
>>
File: BUYMYPLANE.jpg (165 KB, 1062x1062)
165 KB
165 KB JPG
>>1115478
>Lease Land from Government
>Get special piece of paper from bank that says I "own it"
>If I don't pay property ""taxes"" on it every year the government takes it away
>Can't even build on it without 20 different permits from Federal Agencies.
>It's still mine
>Visit river on land maybe 1-2 a year
>One time after a flood their was a pop can and some fishing line on the edge of a back eddy.
>FUCKING TRESPASSERS LITERRING ON """""my"""""" LAND.
>Buy 100 no trespassing signs
>Put them on every tree.
>Put Concertina wire across the river, and never maintain it.
>Shoot at Drift Boats that get caught in the wire
>Even more fishing line, and random bits of fishing tackle get stuck in my Concertina wire.
>Fucking Trespassers.
>>
File: m1abrams.jpg (467 KB, 1597x1014)
467 KB
467 KB JPG
>>1115469
>>1115421
>White people are not shitty anglers who like to get drunk.
>Only minorities use oversized line
>>
>>1115491
>Implying white people can't be nigs
>>
>>1115490
>I'm entitled to other people's stuff because the current system is a scam

I doubt you have a house, but if you did would you want people coming in your back yard?
>>
>>1115506
depends, are they walking through the river with a fishing rod in the middle of the day and fishing, or are they sneaking around well away from the river and looking generally sus? because one of those two guys is going to get a warning shot from a fat bearded guy hanging out of a second floor window.
>>
>>1115469

I use 30 pound braid on every rod I own. Found a fuck huge roll of it tucked away at a hardware/outdoors store that went out of business. I don't even know what brand it is, it was on a fuck huge spool like when you buy chain or cable. Got it for $2 and have been using ever since. I liked that place, everything was expensive as shit and smelled like mildew and mothballs but it was always interesting seeing what would show up upstairs because he would buy most of his outdoors gear from yardsales/people bringing it in/auction, It was like an /out/ exclusive pawn shop. (hardware was basement and ground floor, upstairs was outdoors gear). I got a lot of my junk there.
>>
>>1115531
notice that it says mono. i use 40 pound braid on my frogging stick, and my catfish combo has 50 pound braid. googans generally dont spring for braid, though.
>>
>>1115543
Not only they don't fish braid since they are costly, they would buy the cheapest shitty mono that always too heavy for what they are fishing for. Shitty mono are really bad at higher test as they are rough as fuck and has tons of memory. This combine with the fact that those people will always put cheap heavy mono on cheap spinning reel as well. This results in an absolute catastrophic combination that results in constant line twist, tangle so they have to cut off tons of line from these incident and leave them all over the place.
>>
>>1115553
exactly.
>>
>>1115401
In the USA, it is illegal to block waterways.
>>
File: wrong.jpg (38 KB, 250x250)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
>>1115608
>>
>>1115526
For sure there's a difference. If I had a legitimate river that boats and whatnot would go down I wouldn't put a fence across it, but I would put one on the bank parallel to it. I also wouldn't buy property that was split by a river but.

If it's a creek I'd probably put one across it especially if I had livestock.
>>
>>1114423
I recognise* it but can't for the life in me remember the name right now. Maybe I remember later.
*By recognise I mean the shape looks familiar...
>>
New bread baking
>>
File: 1507423921967.jpg (64 KB, 495x600)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
>>1115650
>>1115650
>>1115650
>>1115650
>>
File: IMG_4132.jpg (149 KB, 640x743)
149 KB
149 KB JPG
Anyone else see this? They call it the Man Bear Pig. It's like a beaver and brush hog had a baby

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.