[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k] [s4s] [vip] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/out/ - Outdoors

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 13 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

File: logo_montbell.png (8 KB, 401x138)
8 KB
8 KB PNG
Are there a better brands? Is Asia Gear a meme?I lived in Japan via military for four years where I got to use a good amount of montbell products and totally fell for them.

That being said, now that I'm back in the US, I'm rebuilding my gear stock, even sniping them on Ebay is pretty rich. Is montbell/asia gear priced up for weeb memes or is it actually good?

Futile claim to starve off the Muh American-made /pol/sters, I have and go for USbased products as well, please don't shit this bed.
>>
>>1113973
Montbell is a good brand. Their gears are always simple and strong. That said, the clothing are a little small for the burgers and the design looks unimpressive. /Out/ will prefer Snowpeak. Their spork is, what can I say, an achievement of humanity.
>>
>American-made = /pol/
The absolute state of patriotism...
>>
Mont-bell is pretty good stuff. I use a bit of snow peak in my kit, too. Those nips know whats up.
>>
>>1114559
Are they just not tacticool enough for the burger? I've checked out Snow Peak as well, seem to have a much larger US presence as well. I've heard buying through the Japanese sites is both higher quality and cheaper as well. Montbell.jp offers free shipping too.
>>
Mont-bell's strong point is the cost performance. Their gears are 20 to 30% cheaper than North face or Patagonia. But the quality is as good. The design is not bad either. They are basic but colorful.
>>
Live in Japan currently. A lot of the stuff I have is Snow Peak, Mont-Bell and Evernew. Seems decent but the prices I hear the stuff go for overseas seems excessive.
>>
OP here, went to the NYC snow peak store today and it was all minimal space and marked up fashion memes. If it wasn't for a display of thier forks and camp stove, I wouldn't have known they were an outdoors company. Sticking to online I suppose.

>>1115082
Certainly could care less how they look, prefer understated design myself. Went to a few other stores today and was having a good laugh at the prices. Based montbell

>>1115344
Reeee, really envy you Anon. Do some good Kyushu hikes when you can.
>>
>>1115372
>>>1115344 (You)
>Reeee, really envy you Anon. Do some good Kyushu hikes when you can.
Will do. Only started going /out/ in Japan recently, but sure am enjoying getting out of Tokyo. Hopefully be able to get out to the ends of the country soon.
>>
>>1115532
Did the full Kirishima hike before Mt Aso blew up (the week after we left). Was a great full day hike, camped out near a small shrine lodge and partied with locals up to see the fireflies. Hiked down at dawn, got in some good onsen time too. The whole park is worth a day or so at. Top rec.

https://www.japan-guide.com/e/e4629.html
>>
File: ac6.jpg (55 KB, 600x800)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
>>1114565
I buy American made because I support American workers and their superior products to your slave labor chink trash. All this shit is made in China or Malaysia and then upmarked by weebs like you.

Pic related, this whole thread
>>
>>1116928
Reminds me of one of the reviews on Amazon for a Snow Peak gas bottle left by a Japanese person. "I thought I was buying Japanese gas, but it's filthy Korean gas. 1 star."
>>
>>1117458
kek
>>
>>1116928
it is made in japan
>>
montbell is good, just as good as patagonia or north face imo. Arcteryx is obviouslly the best, but have spending absurd amounts of money.

pro tip: use the facebook marketplace to buy gear. I got an Arcteryx bora 80L that was used twice for $50

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.