[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k] [s4s] [vip] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/out/ - Outdoors

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 88 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

"The Boy Scouts of America announced on Wednesday that girls will soon be allowed to become Cub Scouts and to earn the coveted rank of Eagle Scout, the organization’s highest honor."

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/boy-scouts-will-admit-girls-allow-them-earn-eagle-scout-n809836

" Earlier this year, the National Organization for Women urged the Boy Scouts to admit girls to the entire program, supporting the efforts of a New York teenager, Sydney Ireland, to attain the rank of Eagle Scout, as her older brother did.

"I just want to do what the Boy Scouts do — earn the merit badges and earn the Eagle Award," she told NBC News. "The Girl Scouts is a great organization, but it's just not the program that I want to be part of. I think girls should just have the opportunity to be a member of any organization they want regardless of gender." "

so, instead of fixing the girl scout program, they're going to make the boy scouts program worse
>>
File: 1507551722400.jpg (11 KB, 259x195)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
>>1117714
Boy scouts was already ruined when they let in atheists and fags. Now they went and salted the fields even more.
>>
>>1117714
I have nothing good to say, so I refuse to say anything.
>>
File: feminist ants.jpg (448 KB, 1000x923)
448 KB
448 KB JPG
>>1117714
>>
>>1117714
Shit.
I've been a Member of "Scouts" Canada all my life. I'm lucky to be involved in an all boys group, which we do under the radar. Officially, all groups must be coed. Our group feels that boys MUST have a place where they can be in a male oriented environment. That said I do understand that girls might want similar activities.

So why not allow 3 types of group. All boys, All girls, and mixed. This gives choice, and doesnt force anything on anyone.
>>
>>1117722
>when they let in atheists
don't taint the great outdoors with your religious delusions
>>
>>1117714
>Starting next year, young girls can join Cub Scout units, known as dens. Local scouting organizations can choose to have dens for girls and dens for boys. "Cub Scout dens will be single-gender — all boys or all girls," the organization said in a statement.

>A separate program for older girls will be available in 2019, the Boy Scouts said, enabling them to earn the rank of Eagle Scout.
honestly it deals with my only concern which is giving boys a space to learn to become men without the insecurities and social hierarchies girls bring into the picture in the age 11-15 bracket so i don't really mind. they have the program materials. its really just the space that bothered me.
>>
Agree.
Girl scouts will finally learn singing other than standing in front of grocery stores.
>>
File: images.duckduckgo.com.jpg (9 KB, 212x293)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
>>1117731
A scout is reverent nigga, ain't going to tolerate that heathen shit in my troop.
>>
>>1117736
*Something
>>
>>1117734
This is the most sensible way to have done it.
>>
>>1117737
the only way you're gonna see water come from rocks and food falling from the sky is if you're tripping on peyote

but good luck with that

I'll stick with snake jesus
>>
>>1117722
Don't forget muslims. I remember during a jubilee we had to open with a prayer from the mosque and the Quran. Our scoutmaster yanked us out of there, thankfully, and began talking about the political spectrum
>>
>>1117771
Boble and the Quran*, not mosque
>>
>>1117773
Bible*** jfc. Quint's get
>>
File: IMG_1987.jpg (64 KB, 341x500)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
>>
What's the problem with male and masculine enclaves?

For all modernity's talk of safe spaces they really seek to destroy personal ones.
>>
>>1117714
I really don't see much of an issue in this. Venturing has been coed for around 20 years now and it's doing just fine. Other countries have been fully coed for even longer. Allowing all girl Cub Scout dens and setting up a parallel program to the Boy Scouts for girls is pretty good idea. It strikes a good balance between allowing girls in, shutting up that crowd and preserving the traditional program.
>>
File: 1498192251502.jpg (54 KB, 535x462)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
>>1117737
>Implying atheists can't be reverent
That said, it's don't ask don't tell for atheists. At my Eagle board I was warned not to say I was atheist and instead prove I was reverent, which having a wide understanding of belief really helped with and I nailed. Also there's literally nothing wrong with being gay, BSA and the coed equivalent are and will remain the wrong place to be learning about or involving sexuality.

>>1117771
Non-denominational organization retard. You should have been exposed to a large variety of religious ceremonies like the rest of the boy scouts. If you can't sit through a Muslim chapel, you don't deserve the rank of Eagle.

>>1117714
Seems fine for cub scouts and it seems like there are going to still be boy scouts and girl scouts and scouts (coed) which seems like the way to do it. Most of the world already has Scouts as the main scouting program anyway. We all know girl scouts is a fucking joke.
>>
File: 1486611803667.jpg (65 KB, 600x600)
65 KB
65 KB JPG
Where are my fellow Eagle homies at?

>tfw never had my COA, but still made Eagle a day before I turned 18.
>>
>>1117795
>That said, it's don't ask don't tell for atheists. At my Eagle board I was warned not to say I was atheist and instead prove I was reverent, which having a wide understanding of belief really helped with and I nailed.
The trick my Atheist friends always used was that they'd claim they "worshiped nature". I've always figured that the ability to bullshit your way through a polite conversation about shit you don't like is a valuable life skill. I'm of the opinion that anyone who lacks this skill doesn't deserve Eagle.
>>
>>1117792
>In order to preserve the system we must destroy it
>>
>>1117798
Good point, and I totally used the nature angle. I definitely didn't say worship but I did say I was reverent to nature which is not bullshit at all. It's like being a non secular pagan. Boy scouts really evolved my spirituality without compromising my personal opinions on the universe and religion.
>>
>>1117800
Letting 14 year old girls into Venturing did not destroy the scouts. I don't see the act of setting up a separate program for 12 year old girls causing the system fail.
>>
>>1117714
So girls will have the opportunity to be molested too? Or do you think the scout masters will still only prey on the boys?
>>
>>1117806
This meme needs to stop. Next people will say every school, religious community and children's program needs to be deleted because they all have had sex offenders make it into their ranks.
>>
>>1117792
>Allowing all girl Cub Scout dens and setting up a parallel program to the Boy Scouts for girls is pretty good idea.

I hope you're joking.
>>
>>1117809
Found the pedo.
School programs, religious functions aimed at kids & children's programs are intentionally sought out by pedophiles because they know that they have easy access to kids to abuse. Its not a meme. Its real life & its sick & its sad.
>>
Boy scouts died when they let in homos and then trannies. These organization ruining cunts are late to the party so they can become eagle scouts which is no longer meaningful anyway since they let dead people tick off the requirements
>>
>>1117812
>"I just want to do what the Boy Scouts do — earn the merit badges and earn the Eagle Award," she told NBC News. "The Girl Scouts is a great organization, but it's just not the program that I want to be part of. I think girls should just have the opportunity to be a member of any organization they want regardless of gender."

>I don't want Girl Scouts
>I want Boy Scouts for girls!
>>
>>1117795
I've never even met a Muslim boyscout. Why not hold ceremonies for Sikhs, Hindus, Shinto's, animists, and the hundreds of other religions?
>>
>>1117795
>gay atheist
Jesus Christ
>>
>>1117795
I think I had to have my parents (also atheists) verify that we have some element of spirituality or reverence in our homelife. It seemed pretty goofy, but I'm glad they didn't make a bigger thing out of it.

>If you can't sit through a Muslim chapel, you don't deserve the rank of Eagle.
100% agree. I know this is 4chan, but I hate seeing all this alt-right bullshit in a scouting thread.
>>
File: 1496614367291.gif (69 KB, 535x660)
69 KB
69 KB GIF
>>1117815
I would literally jump at the opportunity to take the life of a pedo, I have seen people lives ruined by them. My point is that pedos have nothing to do with the boy scouts and are a general problem.

Never met a pedo in the scouts but I know they exist. The solution is not to outright remove childrens programs you mook.

>>1117821
Who was doing the muslim prayer? Scouts can put on whatever type of chapel they want, whether from their own religion or exploring another. I have actually seen an Animist chapel, the staffer that put it on had an interest in animism and did a good job. It doesnt matter that animism is stupid, insight was still had.
>>
>>1117826
>crowd cheers when bonal brump tells all of jambo that we will be saying merry christmas again

Its a big country and the program is at the mercy of the adults who organize it. It still amazes me how many troops are not boy led and how many mormon youth groups claim to be boy scouts.
>>
>>1117812
I'm not. The GSA is widely seen as having gone to shit and has stopped focusing on traditional sc/out/ shit instead focusing on "life skills" like selling cookies. The boy scouts still predominately do sc/out/ shit and there are a lot of girls that want in on that but aren't old enough for Venturing. Starting up a separate program for those girls allows them to do sc/out/ shit, will have little impact to no input on regular troops and effectively shuts up the feminist cries of "Why can't girls be eagle scouts".
>>
>>1117827
>Who was doing the Muslim prayer?
A white guy from my troop named Steve was told to include a verse from the Quran after a biblical verse.
>>
>>1117826
Find me section of scout law that says I have to sit through one mang
>>
>>1117731
Boy Scouts were founded as a religious organization. Atheists are free to make their own version, but that's impossible since they never go outside to appreciate Creation.
>>
>>1117840
Being polite enough to sit through a short religious service you disagree with would be considered courteous.
>>
>>1117837
>GSA has gone to shit
>girls try to join BSA
>BSA goes to shit too

More importantly, what does that mean for practical purposes? Are they going to allow coed campouts with preteen boys and girls? Because that sounds like a recipe for disaster.
>>
>>1117837
They should attempt to reform the Girl Scouts or perhaps even create a new one instead of attempting to change another.

>taking the time to listen to what a feminist has to say
Big mistake. You deal with feminists by ignoring them or telling them to fuck off. Fulfilling their demands does not satisfy them and only leads them to making more.
>>
>>1117854
This is basically what happened to super heroes. Why bother putting forth the effort of improving or developing female superheroes when you can just turn the male ones into females?
>>
>>1117852
>>1117854
Just canceled my donations to the BSA. I was giving them $15/month because I went through the program and saw the value to a positive, skill driven environment with good role models for boys. This is going to drive the organization into the ground, just like every other organization that started catering to what women want. I'm not going to be part of the problem.
>>
>>1117852
I think predicting that the BSA goes to shit over this isn't accurate. Venturing didn't destroy the organization and I don't see a new program as doing so.

That's not to say the BSA won't go to shit, the organization has started going towards shit recently but that's due to many incoming leaders seeing the organization as a way to pad little Johnny's college application rather than the genitals possessed by new scouts. There's also an issue of corporate cock sucking among professional scouters but that's a whole separate rant.

>More importantly, what does that mean for practical purposes?
My bet is that it'll end u[ like the Venture Scouts. A program loved by the people in it but with low membership. Many scouts go through the program without encountering Venture Scouts and I imagine it will be the same with whatever new program they come up with.

Organizationally I also expect it to be work the same as Venturing and Varsity. An Organization will be free to sponsor any combination of Troop, Pack, Crew, Team and, whatever the new thing is called but they won't be required to sponsor a program they don't want to.

For Cubs going coed they're allowing it rather than forcing it. A given pack can choose whether or not they want girls and all Dens will be single gender. Since its left to the Units I don't expect too much trouble.
>Are they going to allow coed campouts with preteen boys and girls? Because that sounds like a recipe for disaster.
They already allow coed camp outs with teen boys and girls and have so far avoided total disaster.
>>
>>1117862
My efforts will go towards Trail Life USA for now instead of the BSA. Girls already had tons of options from Venture Scouting to American Heritage Girls. This wasn't needed or wanted.
>>
>>1117872
says you

why is every social change the end of the world for you people?
>>
>>1117873
Why can't we have groups whose mission is to exclusively help young men become better citizens without women complaining about it not including them?
>>
>>1117872
Venturing is 14+ and American Heritage Girls is full of religious nuts. I had a friend who was told that Saturn isn't in the bible and therefore doesn't exist by one of them.
>>
>>1117873
Why do girls have to be allowed into the main program when the BSA already had Venture and other co-ed programs? Why don't they join the many girl oriented programs like Girl Scouts or American Heritage Girls? Why do guys have to accommodate girls into their organization when girls have plenty of options in scouting? Is the Girl Scouts gonna allow boys to join in order to make it all equal?
>>
>>1117878
I'm sorry women have ruined all the organizations catering to them and outdoor experiences. I guess that's why their attempting to co opt one that's still decent, their incapable of maintaining one on their own.
>>
>>1117878
Then why not adjust the Venture program to include younger girls? Make a Cub Scouts version of Venturing.
>>
>>1117714
why the fuck don't they just add these activities to the Girl Scouts?
why the fuck do we have to be torn down and redone to suit this liberal feminist "i can do anything a man can do" agenda?
>>
>>1117883
That's partly what they're doing. This announcement isn't "Girls can now be in the Boy Scout program" but instead "We're starting a program for girls that covers the same age range as the Boy Scout program".

For younger girls they're doing things slightly differently than the Boy Scout age-range. Instead of a new parallel program they're giving packs the option of being coed or catering only to a single gender (But all Dens must be single gender). I'm not sure organizationally how that;s going to work but I think in practice it won't be too different than venturing.
>>
File: 1492210240950.jpg (35 KB, 483x322)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
>>1117714
I'd love to see your average 15 yo gril try to hack Boundary Waters/Northern Tier: "Here's your 2 90 lb packs and 80 lb canoe, you and two other girls go portage that shit a 1/2 mile over rough terrain and then do it another 3-4 times. try to keep up with the boys :^)".
>>
File: 1507415737328.gif (46 KB, 680x686)
46 KB
46 KB GIF
Eagle scout here, this is a terrible fucking idea.
Boy scouts is supposed to take your weird kid and make him from a faggot , into someone who can get shit done.
I can say for a fact that if you put even 1 girl into a troop it'll turn it from learning important new skills with your buddy's, into a game of "must impress girl" for the majority of the scouts.
Also grill in scouts=someone is gonna end up preggo
Pic related, it's a scouts face when gril
>>
>>1117714
They already let women into the O.A., after that I knew it was only a matter of time until the Boy Scouts became the Non-Gendered Pansies. As an ASM I am more concerned with GSLAC trying to fuck over my lodge than this. There is a healthy Venture program and several pussified troops that girls can join in my town, they won't choose to come join my rag tag band of idiots.
>>
>>1117879
>Girl Scouts
>plenty of options in scouting

Venturing is a different program. There will still be all boy troops and it seems more likely there will be a spinoff just called the Scouts that will be essentially boy scout program + girls. This is literally what most of the world does with no problems.

Fat kids with fat parents are what will kill the program, not girls.

t. Eagle scout who has worked in scouting programs with international female scouts

Maybe the average girl wont suck so much if they have real outdoor experiences and arent segregated into tiny bitchy communities like that single girl scout troop that shows up to camporees.

One more point. When teaching coed leadership camps i noticed that the more equal the ratio of boys and girls, the less cringy "revenge of the nerds" hijinks and sluttery. This seems like a rational move for the BSA.
>>
>>1117795
>nothing wrong with being gay

Degeneracy.
>>
File: pepe reee.gif (1.08 MB, 680x680)
1.08 MB
1.08 MB GIF
>>1117714
FUCKING ROASTIES GET OUT OF MY SCOUTS! REEEEEeeeEEEeeEEEEeEEEEEE!
>>
>>1117904
It's true, fat kids with fat parents do tonight scouting, I was in a troop with several. But I can only imagine the shit that it's gonna happen with a Boy (Female) scout troop. In my troop, it somehow became a thing to take family members, sisters included, on a trip. I remember getting yelled at by my scoutmaster after pissing in a bush at 5 AM because he was afraid one of the women would see me
>>
>>1117797
Literally did the same exact thing my dude
>>
>>1117923
>>1117904
>Fat Parents ruin scouting

>t. Eagle Scout
>>
>>1117729
They have that. It's called Venture scouts in the states.
>>
I learned so much from boy scouts, but this shits so dumb
>>
File: 1506128057242.png (56 KB, 364x271)
56 KB
56 KB PNG
>>1117714
Why doesn't NOW petition the Girl Scouts to focus more on education and skills instead of roastie activities and cookies?

Oh right, because it's about waging war on traditional masculinity and has nothing to do with equality.
>>
>>1117722
Atheist Eagle scout here. I won't fuck with your worldview and you don't be a dick about mine how about that?
>>
>>1117737
>being reverent means you must believe in a higher power!!!1!!!!11
This meme has got to end. Being reverent just means, as per Oxford Dictionary:

>Feeling or showing deep and solemn respect.

This does not mean that only if you believe in higher power, that you are reverent. Instead, its open to anything. Through a secular viewpoint, being reverent means to just show virtue and respect for morality and ethics in your day to day life, and with Sir Baden Powell's extension of scouting to the world, this definition most closely resembles what he meant.
>>
I feel really sorry about you americans. The one and only thing I used to envy about you guys was the Boy Scouts.
It's your damn fault nevertheless. You made your bed, now lie on it. Maybe after the WWIII you will torn up the leash (((they))) have in your necks.
>>
>>1117797
Made Eagle 4 days before my 18th, exactly 1 month ago. Council board of review was last night, the day b4 they let women in. Feels good man.
>>
>>1117798
Same here, most of the leaders in my troop know I'm non religious, but don't bring it up. I put N/A on the "religious leader" reference for my Eagle application, and it didn't even get brought up at either the Troop or Council BORs. I didn't talk about it, and they didn't ask.
>>
>>1117949
>>1117947
>>1117743
>>1117795
ITT. Buttmad atheists who thought it was edgy to not follow Jesus while in scouts. "In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phony god's blessing. But because, I am englightened by my intelligence." P.S. Becoming an Eagle scout has become a meme over at the U.S.. I'm an eagle scout too, and the 3 random dorm mates I had last year were all eagle scouts too! Who would of thought!
>>
>>1117979
Never said atheism was edgy, or that I'm more intelligent than anyone. I just don't believe that the events of human history took place in the way that any church or temple says they did.

That's a personal position based on my own values and expiriences; it's none of your damn business. You have no ground to tell me what to think just because I participate in Boy Scouts.

I acknowledge that Boy Scouting is heavily based upon religious values. I'm fine with that, and I have been since I became secular. In my five years of being an atheist in my troop, I brought it up a total of one (1) time, when on a campout, scoutmaster asked us to share our views about our faith in god. I wasn't about to lie, so I calmly explained that I personally don't believe any higher power exists, but will respect those who do. That was it. Nobody got mad, nobody took offense, we all just moved on talking about how many stars were in the universe or so.e shot like that, knowing that nobody was going to change another's mind. That's how its supposed to go. "Let's agree to disagree and plan the next service project"

Of course I'm going to get mad if you accuse me of "ruining" Scouting because I don't agree with you on one metaphysical issue. Fuck off.
>>
>>1117979
>P.S. Becoming an Eagle scout has become a meme over at the U.S
oh yeah, did you just go around asking who else was an eagle? I calling your fucking bluff, I don't care that about you calling out atheists who were in the program but don't shit on the eagle scout program like they give it out.
>>
File: 1392706146456.jpg (287 KB, 1500x996)
287 KB
287 KB JPG
>>1117797
>>1117954
Good on you. I got mine a little under three years ago. I moved from my original troup to one I had practically no engagement with whatsoever, so it bummed me out that I ranked up to Eagle in a group I only ghosted. I completed all the requirements to rank up beforehand with exception of a badge and project/interview.

>tfw I haven't camped in half a decade or more.
>tfw I don't leave my house much at all.

Don't forget the world now that you're an Eagle, Anons.
>>
File: 205.png (23 KB, 1103x911)
23 KB
23 KB PNG
>>1117940
>>
>>1117877
Because we've been taught to comply to women's demands, and you can never please them.
>>
>>1117714
Why the fuck, aren't there girls scouts already to serve that exact purpose already?
>>
>>1117714
>so, instead of fixing the girl scout program, they're going to make the boy scouts program worse

I don't know
scouts are pretty shit, the only thing I learned from them is don't trust the guy hiking in front of you not to let that branch go and smack you in the face.

most of the leaders were probably pedos paying "special attention" to Johnny the football star now that I think of it.
>>
>>1117714
>make the boy scouts program worse
not much further down it could †bh. who gives a fuck let dogs become scouts, the whole thing's a waste of time
>>
>>1117902
I wish we could just delete all the comments except for this one.
>>
>>1117734
>"Cub Scout dens will be single-gender — all boys or all girls,"

So we would have the boy scouts and the girl scouts, and they would be more or less identical except one would be full of boys and focus more towards boy oriented activities while the other is full of girls and focus more towards girl oriented activities? Why does that seem so fucking familiar...

This is BSA's attempt to corner the after school club market and everyone is cheering for it as a gray hallmark of progressive politics.

I for one hate this. Their trail mix tastes like chalk, but thin mints are fucking god tier. Who's going to sell me thin mints when they boyscouts force the girlscouts out of business?
>>
>>1117714
1. Identify a respected institution.
2. kill it.
3. gut it.
4. wear its carcass as a skin suit, while demanding respect.
>>
>>1118103
don't worry
the Non Gender Binary Coded Scouts will be selling cookies door to door
>>
>>1117786
>What's the problem with male and masculine enclaves?

women and bitch males who hate themselves and refuse to be responsible for the outcomes of their own decisions blame men for all the worlds problems and therefore want to destroy anything that has anything to do with manhood.
>>
>>1118106

I never thought I'd say this, especially since I'm not on /pol/, but thank god for those misguided little boys who are slowly getting turned into mentally ill little girls by their attention seeking parents.

I'm fully against cutting a kids dick off for damn near any reason, but since thin mints are on the line... I'll grab the axe.
>>
>>1117902
Venturing has been a coed for nearly 20 years and contrary to what you would expect it is somehow not a constant circle of "must impress girl" and teen pregnancy
>>
>>1118116
>somehow
think maybe it has something to do with the fact that scouts are all beta nerds?

https://youtu.be/gZEdDMQZaCU
>>
I'm not really sure if everyone is just overreacting about this or not since I've never been part of any scout type group. Theoretically this could make more out women in the future which could be good for future out men, theoretically. But the kind of women pushing these things usually don't care care about anything other then quotas and they just make a mess of everything so this will probably only result in less people out.
>>
File: classicpepe.jpg (60 KB, 500x495)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
>>1117714
so many lolies to fuck..
where do i sign up to be a scout camp instructor?
>>
File: corporate-ladder.jpg (18 KB, 421x330)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
>>1118145
It doesn't work that way anon. You have to have been a lolli who was fucked by a scout instructor yourself in order to later qualify to fuck lollies as a scout instructor. You can't just be greedy and jump up the ladder without putting your time in first.
>>
>>1117841
lol. we created and maintain the national parks system. your faggot orange president wants to turn the whole country into an oil field.
>>
File: partake.png (273 KB, 577x435)
273 KB
273 KB PNG
>>1118146
oh i see :(
so it's like the church of /out/?
>>
>>1118148
mhm. sorry anon.
>>
File: Proofs.jpg (753 KB, 1161x2064)
753 KB
753 KB JPG
>>1118041
Proofs you double nigger.

Getting eagle scout has been easy enough these days that there are two types of eagle scouts.

1. A scout who got his ass chewed out by his parents to do it.
2. A scout who completed his project on his own resolve.

I have no respect for #1 and mad respect for #2.
>>
>>1117841
Lol. Its your shit brained bible that advocates destroying nature in the name of humanity and killing wolves because dey ebil debils

Christfags, i swear. Chanhe their story whenever its convenient to be morally superior to heathens and pagans.
>>
I'm not american neither a boy scout so this doesn't really concern me but I do find it ironic that in today's society the biggest women's pastime is complain about the patriarchal oppression and how men are all the wrong in the world. All of that at the same time they try to take everything away from men and trying to emulate them.

And sadly, instead of telling them to fuck off and do their own thing, new age males bend over and keep pandering to them.

But what do I know, I'm just a bitter dude who shitposts on the chinz.
>>
File: wcfd.png (463 KB, 1238x590)
463 KB
463 KB PNG
>>1118376
>>
>>1117795
Yes, I am implying atheists can't be reverent. Agnostics can, theists can, atheists cannot due to the GODDAMN DEFINITION OF REVERENCE.

Atheists can be respectful (in theory, not that any ever are). Not reverent.
>>
there will be so much underage secks
>>
From what my girl says they are doing this since Girl Scouts suck. Their programs as well as the organization. Too many families saw the difference between what happened with their daughters and sons. Hopefully this doesn't shit up Boy Scouts.
>>
>>1118406
>Adding women to the BSA
>Not shitting it up

Choose one.
>>
>all these assblasted MGTOWs

Fucking hell your tears are delicious. Still afraid of catching cooties?
>>
File: 1503548770304.jpg (26 KB, 295x272)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
>>1118476
>assblasted
Not really, I'm more sad/worried than angry. I came up through the Scouting program and it was a very influential experience in my youth; It provided me the good male role models that I lacked at home and helped mold me into the person I am today. My issue is that we've seen in general what women do to outdoor related groups and want none of it in the BSA. Women broke GSA/AHG so bad that nobody wants to be a part of them and now you want to add those same people into a relatively good organization that was created exclusively to help turn boy into men. This is going to change BSA significantly as an organization, and it most likely won't be for the better.
>>
>>1118488
You sound assblasted to me, fag.
>being this concerned with a fucking make-pretend campland

digusting tbqh
>>
>>1117816
>Boy scouts died when they let in homos and then trannies.

/thread
>>
Liberalism is a virus that needs to be eradicated from every institution in this once great country.
>>
File: images(4).jpg (7 KB, 300x168)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
>>1117714
Silly gooses
>>
File: 1448056639562s.jpg (7 KB, 250x187)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
>>1117714
I don't even understand Cub Scouts.

Is it a place for parents to send their kids so they don't have to take them outside?

All I remember about Cub Scouts is being forced to sell popcorn and otheir trinkets to raise money for random cub shit.
>>
>>1117777

I'll pretend that you fucked up the spelling of quads based on the fact that your previous posts demonstrate your deficiencies regarding the English language.

Nice get.
>>
>>1117795

>Also there's literally nothing wrong with being gay,

Bug chasers actually believe this.
>>
>>1118585
>Is it a place for parents to send their kids so they don't have to take them outside?

b
i
n
g
o
>>
>>1118131
From my experience Venture Scouts are usually less of Beta Nerds than regular Boy Scouts. Hanging out around girls while /out/ can help build up a kids self confidence and making it so he isn't a beta nerd the rest of his life.

>>1118453
Venture Scouts hasn't shit things up. It's coed and Venture Crews tend to be sc/out/ focused than most troops are these days. Letting Girls in didn't kill scouts in other countries, I doubt it will do the same here.
>>
File: 1490921473421.jpg (18 KB, 367x388)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
>>1118601
>Venture Scouts hasn't shit things up.
And GSA has been a flaming dumpster fire of an organization for decades, so we are a coin flip on if adding women fuck up these organizations.

>Letting Girls in didn't kill scouts in other countries, I doubt it will do the same here.
Why should a historically male only program have to accept women because they've been fucking up their programs for decades? Is it somehow our duty to save them from their ability to ruin their own programs? Tbqh, it seems like your adding dead weight to a decent program and expecting it to somehow compensate and remain decent. If women want to have better outdoors programs they should fix GSA, the program that was built to cater to them, not parasitise BSA.
>>
>>1118623
>Why should a historically male only program have to accept women because they've been fucking up their programs for decades?

kek, this right here. It's funny nobody seems to want to tackle this one.
>>
>>1118623
>And GSA has been a flaming dumpster fire of an organization for decades, so we are a coin flip on if adding women fuck up these organizations.
The vast majority of international scouting groups are coed and doing just fine. The GSA may have gone to shit but that's because their leadership went to shit awhile back and abandoned the basic premise of girls doing sc/out/ stuff in favor of furthering their cookie cartel rather than girls ruining sc/out/ stuff by their mere presence.

>>1118627
>kek, this right here. It's funny nobody seems to want to tackle this one.
Here's one for you. Why should the BSA not start a program for 10 year old girls that want to do sc/out/ stuff instead of selling cookies when it has operated a successful coed program for 14 year old girls for 20 years?
>>
>>1118637
>The vast majority of international scouting groups are coed and doing just fine.
I'll point out yet once again, BSA = Boys Scout of America. This was an organization conceived for young men, not women. Women have their own organization, and if the want it to be not shit they should work to improve it. It says a lot about these people that they'd rather abandon ship rather than try to build something good and uniquely theirs; BSA is generally decent because people worked hard to make it that way. I'd also point out that just because something works decently in one place doesn't mean it will work elsewhere, different places have different cultures, politics, etc.

>has operated a successful coed program for 14 year old girls for 20 years?
I'm assuming your talking about the US and Venturing here, but Venturing is really not that successful of a program desu. It's very small and often not present at all unless you are in a larger city; It wasn't even an option in my area at all for instance, and I grew up in a mid-sized city. It's not really honest to say: "look at this successful coed program, integrating boys and girls!" when almost nobody is involved.
>>
>>1118653
>I'll point out yet once again, BSA = Boys Scout of America. This was an organization conceived for young men, not women. Women have their own organization, and if the want it to be not shit they should work to improve it. It says a lot about these people that they'd rather abandon ship rather than try to build something good and uniquely theirs; BSA is generally decent because people worked hard to make it that way. I'd also point out that just because something works decently in one place doesn't mean it will work elsewhere, different places have different cultures, politics, etc.
Most of the other scout organizations started the same way. I'll grant that other cultures are different but I still think venturing is an example that coed could work in the US.

>I'm assuming your talking about the US and Venturing here, but Venturing is really not that successful of a program desu. It's very small and often not present at all unless you are in a larger city; It wasn't even an option in my area at all for instance, and I grew up in a mid-sized city. It's not really honest to say: "look at this successful coed program, integrating boys and girls!" when almost nobody is involved.
Venturing may be small and underappreciated, but crews tend to be far more focused on going /out/ and doing scout shit rather than collect merit badges like Pokemon and get Soccer Mom vanned to eagle like many troops have trended towards. In terms of enrollment it might not be successful but in terms of demonstrating that coed groups work in the BSA I think it's a good example.

I also think its a good example because I think that the program they're going to come up with will probably see similar enrollment levels as Venture Scouts. A lot of charter organizations probably won't bother to sponsor one to go with their troop for various reasons and the ones that do will likely be the ones that already have Venture Crews.
>>
>>1118658
>Most of the other scout organizations started the same way. I'll grant that other cultures are different but I still think venturing is an example that coed could work in the US.
So why do fraternities and sororities still exist? More to the point why do any gender based organizations exist? Why aren't they all coed if it's so much better? The answer is that people across cultures for thousands of years have realized that groups that focus on one gender offer advantages by catering specifically to the needs of the group in question. I would argue that this is especially true of young people in the 10-15 age range, each group works best with a different approach to learning and has specific needs. Trying to cater to both at the same time waters down your ability to target those needs and results in a weaker overall program. It's not rocket science, men and women are fundamentally different.

>crews tend to be far more focused on going /out/ and doing scout shit rather than collect merit badges like Pokemon and get Soccer Mom vanned to eagle like many troops
Depends on the troop you join, there's almost always an option between an "easy" troop and one that does /out/ shit. My troop was the later, camped out 12 months a year, hiked in and out of camp areas, did primitive camping, high adventure or high adventure like trips every summer, etc.

>Venturing may be small and underappreciated
I'll stop your right there. Most people would argue that your program being generally unavailable and unknown is a pretty good argument for it not being successful, everything else is just reasoning for why it's unsuccessful.

>similar enrollment levels as Venture Scouts.
So by any reasonable criteria we are already expecting it to pretty much be a failure, ie more of the above. You'll also have the problem that this program and Venture will basically parasitise each other due to overlap, which will be bad for both groups in the hypothetical situation.
>>
>every scouting even henceforth

https://youtu.be/oyGWqxORCc8
>>
>>1118399
He quoted the definition of reverence. It doesn't include any gods. If you're making up your own definition, guess that works for you, caps guy.
>>
there will be so much mouth sex in those tents.
>>
File: img-thing_out.jpg (24 KB, 300x300)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
>>1118668
there already is anon
>>
>>1118664
imagine that passionate hate fuck in the tent after lights out.
>>
File: 1492221694438.jpg (62 KB, 623x713)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
>>1117714
Holy shit. If BSA keeps getting any worse I might have to consider turning in my Eagle. I got it over a decade ago and since then BSA has just gotten more and more infested with SJW bullshit. What's next? is BSA going to start requiring troops to set up safe spaces and having discussions about "white privileged"? This is getting really fucking stupid.
>>
>>1118637
>The GSA may have gone to shit but that's because their leadership went to shit awhile back and abandoned the basic premise of girls doing sc/out/ stuff in favor of furthering their cookie cartel rather than girls ruining sc/out/ stuff by their mere presence.
Does not compute senpai, your acting like these girls and their parents have no agency. Just like in a democracy those girls and their parents are responsible for how shit GSA is because they didn't/don't hold their leaders responsible at the council and national level. If they wanted GSA to be about doing sc/out/ stuff they could have raised hell and made sure that it was a priority. Instead they let their organization atrophy to the point that all they do is sell cookies, and now they are trying to latch onto a good program after being complicit in ruining/continuing to ruin one set up for them. There are very good and real concerns about bringing people like that into BSA.
>>
>>1117797
Reporting in, 2013 Eagle coasting in days before my 18th birthday as well.
>>
>>1117894
I could arely do it when I was 14, most girls that age would be wrecked.
>>
>>1118205
>an eagle scout
>saying nigger on the internet
>an organization committed to reverence, respect, equality, and all American values
>being an edgy racist on 4chan

You're absolutely right, they will just give that shit out to anyone these days.
>>
When my sister was in Girl Scouts they had a very different summer camp experience. They didn't really go to a summer camp as a troop. Most of the camps were somewhere in between a week long summer camp and Philmont-like. They were also mad expensive like 450-600 dollars compared to the 200 I paid for summer camp.
>>
>>1117731
>delusions
ebin xDD
>>1117795
>which having a wide understanding of belief
You don't, though.
>>
>>1118342
>Its your shit brained bible that advocates destroying nature
Entirely wrong.
>>
>>1117714
I see nothing wrong with this. One year we had some co-ed scouts from Denmark and it was fine.
>>
>>1117815
>Its real life & its sick & its sad.

I'm an apostrophe and I feel sad right now
>>
>>1117852
>Are they going to allow coed campouts with preteen boys and girls?

I wish they did when I was a Scout.
>>
>>1117771
>Quran. Our scoutmaster yanked us out of there
A shining moment of the Hitler youth movement.
>>
>>1117902
Girls aren't going to be joining a male troop, they will have a separate girls only unit with the same program. Having been in a troop where sisters sometimes tagged along and having worked at a national camp with 1/3 of the staff being female I have yet to see "must impress girl" or girls getting pregnant on outings. Venturing has coed units and it has not devolved as people seem to think the (still segregated by troop) Boy Scouts are now doomed to.
>>
>>1118623
>>1118663
>>1118712
Based as fuck. Anons speak the truth.
>>
>>1119081
Fuck the quran, I don't want my son's learning that devil shit, goddamn jihadis.
>>
>>1118707
>talks shit about safe spaces
>needs one to protect himself from girls and cooties
>hurr durr I’m turning in my Eagle badge

Proof that BSA is full of pussies. Are you that fragile you can’t handle a few women around you?

>>1117797
Fellow Eagle, turned paperwork into council 2 days before 18.

While I think it was a little hasty, I don’t really see a problem with this. I guess would’ve liked the BSA and GSA to maybe come together and merge into Scouts of America, rather than just integrating girls into the Boy Scouts. It another thing to consider is that the equivalent of Eagle in Girl Scouts is the gold star award, and how many people actually earn that, much less hear about it? I’ve been in scouting for 19 years now, from a Tiger Cub to Eagle to ASM and have never met a girl who has stayed with the Girl Scout program longer than getting past brownie or whatever the fuck their ranks are. If the GSA rebranded their image as actually doing /out/ shit and not being a cookie cartel like anon above me said, then there’d be less girls trying to abandon ship.

I also was in Venturing, and people seem to leave out the notion that scouting doesn’t attract beta guys AND girls. The least beta girl in the crew was a redhead chick with big ass titties that I ended up dating for a year. And yes I was kinda beta back then too.
>>
>>1119081
Yeah, why wouldn't the scoutmaster of a Christian organization want his kids to hear about a murderous death cult that commands its followers to behead the infidels and rape their women? It's totally the same as Jesus' message of love and understanding

Go live in Syria, cuck.
>>
>>1117714
>trannies, gays, girls and atheist can become Eagle Scouts

You just devalued what it means to be an Eagle Scout my man
>>
>>1117902
/thread
>>
>>1118730
fuck off nigger
>>
>>1120045
Also dead kids, retards and quadrapalegics
>>
hello from a country where our scouts are coed like literally all countries except US of A
can u tell me why coed scouting is a problem
>>
>>1120115
Got any proof on the giving eagle to dead kids? Smells like bullshit.
>>
>>1120187
>what could go wrong when you put boys and girls together when the goal is for them to have camaraderie and learn important skills?
>surely they won't get distracted
>>
Torn. The traditional part of me thinks this could be a mistake, but the part that plans to raise daughters would be proud to see them learning scout skills. Realistically, the difference between kids that take the program seriously and kids that constantly whine and complain is going to depend on how they're raised, not their gender. I know lots of tough capable women, and lots of whining prissy guys.
>>
>>1120187

>literally all countries except US of A

Nope because you are too retarded to comprende
>>
>>1117724

Ant colonies are 99.9999% female, at least be proficient in basic Formicology before you make something this unfunny.
>>
>>1119951
Reading comprehension, the post. Guy was complaining about his organization getting subverted, not that he wanted a safe space. Your a moron, here's your (you).
>>
>>1120378
We wuz ants n sheeit
>>
>>1118996
the religous often believe that because the earth was created 7000 years ago and god created it exactly as is then that means we [humanity] cannot possibly have any sort of effect on gods great creation. and i dare go as far as to say some creationists want to destroy the earth and humanity with it because they have nothing to fear since they will be in heaven and the end of humanity is called the rapture. thats why i consider these extreme creationists and generally all religious to be the same if not worse than those islamic extremeists and religous fanatics.
>>
>>1119951
> Are you that fragile you cant handle a few women around you?
Not who you responded to but this is a interesting use of social manipulation.
>>
Boy Scout Oath or Promise

On my honor, I will do my best
To do my duty to God and my country and to obey the Scout Law;
To help other people at all times;
To keep myself physically strong, mentally awake and morally straight.

Note that the Boy Scout Oath has traditionally been considered to have three promises. Those three promises are delineated by the semicolons in the Oath, which divide it into three clauses. The three promises of the Scout Oath are, therefore:

Duty to God and country,
Duty to other people, and
Duty to self
DUTY TO GOD AND COUNTRY: Your family and religious leaders teach you to know and serve God. By following these teachings, you do your duty to God.

Men and women of the past worked to make America great, and many gave their lives for their country. By being a good family member and a good citizen, by working for your country's good and obeying its laws, you do your duty to your country. Obeying the Scout Law means living by its 12 points.

DUTY TO OTHER PEOPLE: Many people need help. A cheery smile and a helping hand make life easier for others. By doing a Good Turn daily and helping when you're needed, you prove yourself a Scout and do your part to make this a better world.

DUTY TO SELF: Keeping yourself physically strong means taking care of your body. Eat the right foods and build your strength. Staying mentally awake means learn all you can, be curious, and ask questions. Being morally straight means to live your life with honesty, to be clean in your speech and actions, and to be a person of strong character.

Boy Scout Law

A Scout is:

Trustworthy,
Loyal,
Helpful,
Friendly,
Courteous,
Kind,
Obedient,
Cheerful,
Thrifty,
Brave,
Clean,
and Reverent.
>>
>>1119100
So, Girl Scouts....
>>
>>1120229
they call it "the spirit of the eagle award."

its actually a really nice gesture and anyone who has a problem with it was most likely never a scout and desperately needs to see a shrink.

>>1120187
co-ed scouting in general is not a problem. I have no issue if the BSA and GSA did the occasional joint trip, or programs that are just openly co-ed. that being said there is real value in learning what it means to be a man from respectable men. do you remember being 12-14 and having to deal with all the insanity that comes from having girls around. worrying so much about being "cool" and being afraid to fail in front of them. im not against venture scouts or anything like that but boys really do need a "safe space" (unironicaly) in a program thats tailored to their needs (because we know school sure as shit isn't) to grow and mature
>>
>>1118667
>atheists
>showing a deep respect
>DEEP RESPECT
>athesists
Atheists are incapable of being anything more than "sorta kinda polite" and even then they usually aren't.
>>
>>1118601
>venture
>coed
There's fewer than 300 females officially enrolled in the entirety of the Venture Scout program and less than half of those are active.
>>
>>1118707
Some councils are already mandating a "minority quota" for troops--have X percentage of niggers in your troop or they pull the charter.
>>
>>1117797
Got my Eagle at 16 (in 1997).

Very dismayed with how pussified the BSA has become.
>>
>>1120830
dude you are so full of shit. what are you trying to gain by spreading this misinformation?
>>
>>1118992
GSA camp counselor here.

The GSA summer camp for my region (there's only one, compared to like 17 BSA camps, although the GSA can use 1 of the BSA camps as well) is no-tents-allowed, the girls stay in 20 person cabins. There must be at least 2 adult females in the cabin at all times as well. The cabins are climate controlled, have indoor plumbing and lights, a positive air pressure system to keep bugs from flying through the door because some girl might have gotten exposed to H1N1 some years ago and her parents sued, and for summer 2018 will have gigabit wifi.

The entire camp is no running allowed, no swearing allowed. Male staffers wear GPS tracking devices and must leave the compound at dusk (the compound is surrounded by 8' tall chain link fence and has a lockable gate). They have on-site critical care capability including a staff surgeon despite being a 45 minute normal-person drive from one of the better children's hospitals in the nation.

It's a fucking luxury retreat, not a summer camp.
>>
>>1120832
Missisippi Valley Council (SE Iowa, west-central IL, NE Missouri). They passed a "minority quota" by-law in 2016. It's withstood scrutiny from BSA headquarters. 11 troops have had their charters pulled because THERE ARENT ANY BLACKS IN RURAL ILLINOIS much less ones that wish to be Scouts.

Troop 713
Troop 4221
Troop 311
Troop 72
Have all had their charters pulled by MVC for not having enough blacks.
>>
Eagle after 2006 is a lesser eagle. BSA went down hill after that and it's bullshit merit badges that have no /out/ application started to proliferate

Which merit badges are they going to have to change once girls can't make the requirement? Like all the good outdoor ones. Orienteering, wilderness survival, climbing, probably camping, backpacking, diving, life saving, cycling, farm mechanics, hiking, and swimming. These are all physically challenging for high school boys, let alone girls
>>
File: 1490480662037.png (164 KB, 388x386)
164 KB
164 KB PNG
They did what, after I got eagle I fell out of the loop.
My troop was strait up military prep, what the fuck happened?!
>>
>>1120833
Sounds like a rich person's prison if you ask me.
>>
>>1120827
TIL I've met 1/30 of the female venture scouts? Got a source?
>>
File: 1474733030150.jpg (25 KB, 460x276)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
So... For what it's worth, this is coming from a former Girl Scout.

Maybe I had an unfair advantage. I grew up in a very rural place, and our troop leader was well versed in the outdoors, and had a lot of land. Most of our outdoors times were spent on her land... Even though no one got an easy time out there.

But a lot of the things we did were what the Boy Scouts did. In fact, a lot of things we did were more outdoors-oriented.

In my area, even though both groups did community service, the Boy Scouts were way more involved in veteran programs, learning civil duties (like hanging out with police/firemen), and building the town. Maybe that's why so many of those now-men live in that town, they've been dedicating their lives to improving it since they were in the single digits.

Our Girl Scouts were about the 'bonds of sisterhood' (lol nothing but a bunch of bitches in my troop, although that's not the way it always was), while still teaching basic survival needs and enforcing outdoor living. We had between 5-10 camping trips a year depending on the weather. One was even dedicated strictly to a night outdoors in below zero weather. If we wanted to be warm, we had to make our own fire. If we didn't bring food or catch food, we didn't eat. No one gave you a handout, there was no "sharing is caring"... The only true troop-bonding experience was when we roasted marshmallows on the final day of the trip. Other than that, we learned to take care of ourselves as individuals.

We had a lot of fun, though, it wasn't miserable at all. We hung bras up on the flagpoles. We threw rocks in the lake and had our own 'Loch Ness Monster' looking log. There was ALWAYS a poison ivy breakout. And no one took a shower. We could get away with it, we were kids in the forest.

Again, maybe my experience was different. We didn't need to have our female genitals verified by saying we were part of the 'Boy' Scouts... We were having a good enough time doing our own things.
>>
>>1120948
shill

I worked at a scout camp last summer. Initially applied to be a guide, ended up getting hired as their FYS (first year scout) program director. Encountered several men I'd say were down right pedophilic. Ended up being involved with the arrest of one. What a great experience... Never was a boy scout, initially liked their ideals, but seeing how the camp I worked at operated, I was entirely disgusted and have become suspect of the entire organization.
>>
>>1120876
>what the fuck happened?
You see, Federal courts broke Federal law in that they allowed a civil lawsuit brought by a private party (a group of fags) against another private party (the BSA, a non governmental 501-c-3-something nonprofit organization) to turn into a Federal Supreme Courtl mandate that the BSA follow governmental-organization Equal Opportunity laws despite the fact they SHOULD have been immune from such because they're a nongovernmental private organization. This basically states that homosexuals and people who renounce higher powers are no longer able to be prohibited from joining an organization who specifically says homosexuals and people who renounce higher powers don't meet their eligibility criteria.

tl;dr social justice warriors managed to trick the SCOTUS into breaking about a dozen laws to make an unconstitutional mandate saying the BSA can now be degenerate

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.