[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/out/ - Outdoors

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: van conversion.jpg (66 KB, 640x480)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
What is the /out opinion on van life?

I'm strongly considering buying a used cargo van (3k-4k) or maybe a medium cargo trailer (2-3k) plus a Jeep wrangler or something as a 4x4 tow vehicle. Thenspending 3-4k more on converting it into an off grid camper, with basic solar, and enough water/propane storage to stay out of the towns for a week or so at a time. I would take 6 months to go all the way around the boarder states of the U.S. with a detour to the grand canyon. Living expenses, as far as I can see, with gas, food, insurance, ect... is about $1,200 a month while on the move.

Sorry if this is a common topic, it's been a while since I've been on /out.
>>
>>1147456

I have been considering doing this. A van would be much more stealth if you ever need to sleep in places you are not supposed to. It would always be better to have that option.

Dont spend too much on the conversion straight away. Test out the basic set up before going all in as you may not like the lifestyle. Plenty of vandwelling larping online for inspo.
>>
I too want to go camping for a few weeks around the country for 6 months
>>
>>1147456
It's almost as comfortable as camping inside my bedroom.
>>
>>1147456
I am heading to baja for the winter in a converted cargo van.
You will love it if you go cool places and hate it if you just stay in your city and keep working.
>>
File: rsz_img_20170504_233555.jpg (129 KB, 1328x747)
129 KB
129 KB JPG
Get something you can stand up in my nigga
>>
>>1147456
>making a little kitchen in a regular van
topkek
imagine hunching over that shitty bench trying to cut up those veggies
fucking lol
>>
File: 1462697138745.gif (2.91 MB, 252x263)
2.91 MB
2.91 MB GIF
>>1147579
My layout is similar.
You just sit down on a chair or your bed and cook.
Big maxxair fan removes all the cooking smells.
When your food is done, you sit under your awning and watch the waves as you eat.
Then i like to go for a swim then a nap in the sun.
You're right though. Its horrible
>>
>>1147587
lil nigga you aint even doin it right you stuck so far up your own ass you gotta derive some stupid ass argument to justify your choices to yourself like i give half a fuck about your dumbass van you barely use
vehicle kitchen never needs to go further than a folding table and propane stove and you cook outside you got damn autist. unless youve got some serious room not like OP pic related
>>
File: 20170110_185452.jpg (490 KB, 2656x1494)
490 KB
490 KB JPG
>>1147587
I wouldn't want a kitchen in my space. I have a propane stove I cook on outside.
What does the beach have to do with a kitchen anyway?
Also post some pics.
>my van
>>
>>1147593
Wow, you are an angry human.
Have fun with that.
>>
>>1147572
Looks like is smells of burnt weed, patchouli, dirty clothes and ass.
>>
>>1147541
do you live in Portland? My friend is doing the exact same thing
>>
File: IMG_20170423_160623-1.jpg (1.07 MB, 2313x1558)
1.07 MB
1.07 MB JPG
>>1147601
Woah woah woah lets get one thing fucking straight right now
You will NEVER smell patchouli near any of my shit
>>
>>1147614
>>
>>1147614
>patchouli
I read the wiki and still have no idea what it is...
>>
https://chevroletforum.com/forum/express-g-series-vans-30/my-2001-camper-conversion-van-72308/

This old guys van is pretty nifty and he goes pretty well into detail.
>>
>>1147623
That is one clean shop
>>
>>1147713
Well, it's an evidence locker, so yeah.
>>
>>1147762
Nice for you for noticing it.
>>
>>1147762
Sweet. Whats the story?
>>
>>1147790
Evidence in a child's kidnapping. Look it up, shit's fucked up, police did nothing for weeks so the dad of one missing child just fucked the suspect and beat the shit out of him.
>>
>>1147794
was it a girl child?
>>
>>1147794
Kek
>>1147790
The above anon is correct, buddy. It's from the movie "Prisoners"
>>
File: 1510678126483.jpg (27 KB, 608x402)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
>>1147794
Lul
>>
Not looking to live in a Van but considering saving up and getting one in a year and setting it up for weekend trips or being able to stay it in up to a week.
Any recommendations for a newbro on must-haves? I'm not really interested in anything high tech or too expensive and heavy. A friend of mine who makes campers and caravans recommends to keep things as simple and low tech as possible.

Bed, am I better off having one I can fold/slide away or a more permanent one with storage underneath?
>>
>>1147456
oh this looks mad comfy

life goals, added to the list.

are there any blogs or stuff about people living like this. It seems like a killer way to spend a couple years
>>
File: B2.jpg (75 KB, 800x450)
75 KB
75 KB JPG
>>1147456
Currently fixing up one of these to camp out of and the way things are looking, eventually live in. It's basically the size of a jeep so there will be no room to hang out, just store my shit and sleep. Lucky for me I can park it at work during the week and just go /out/ on the weekends if it ever comes to that.
>>
File: scan0001.jpg (228 KB, 927x919)
228 KB
228 KB JPG
>>1148031
I lived in one of those for 3 months after my divorce. It was exceptionally uncomfortable to sleep in. I had it outfitted with a remote starter that was programmed to run the truck for 15 minutes every hour when the temp went below freezing. I love B-II's, I've owned a shitload of them, but they aren't great for camping in. Even if you remove the back seats it's got some weird dips. The bed just isn't long enough.

You can get them back into the woods where nobody else can go though.
>>
>>1148031
>I had it outfitted with a remote starter that was programmed to run the truck for 15 minutes every hour when the temp went below freezing

that's pretty awesome, where the hell do you even go to get something like that installed? also why not just get a good sleeping bag?
>>
>>1148036
>where the hell do you even go to get something like that installed?
bought it off JC Whitney back before the internet was invented. I installed it meself. I used to build those from the frame up just to get the ultimate 4X4.
>also why not just get a good sleeping bag?
I had a few, but I live in the mountains of Colorado where winters are no joke. It didn't really heat the truck up much anyways, it just kept the block from freezing solid.
>>
>>1148037
oh fair fair, i thought it was more for your warmth. Vehicle living seems really cool and self-sufficient as long as you can cover gas costs and whatever. Living off the grid, copping public wifi when you need it.

definitely considering some kind of trip based around it once im out of college. i'm all about small, minimalist living and a vehicle seems like it really frees you up from the "small house" thing.

like a nice big van/suv, see the world, hit some mountains, really see a lot of the world without being "stuck" to one location
>>
>>1148039
For me it was just necessity, the wife asks me one day if she can date other people. Threw me off until I figured out what she meant was she had met a guy and they'd been dating for a while already. So I moved into my truck while I saved up moneys for a place. It wasn't bad, it was an interesting experience. I've been homeless several times before so having the truck was quite comfy compared to a tent or a vacant building. I tinted the windows super dark so people couldn't see me, and hung a curtain between the front and back seats. Later I found out Ford actually made those with curtain rods if you can find one that has 'em. I wanted to mount a little toilet in the thing so I didn't have to get out to take a leak, but I never got around to it. I never took mine much of anywhere though, I modified it so heavily for 4wheeling it was pretty much useless on the highway.
>>
>>1148044
it certainly sounds like an interesting experience. The context sucks but hey, sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

I think if i were ever to live in a vehicle like that i would go the van route and deck it out like something in the OP. Basically make it a mobile basecamp to take me on various /out/ trips.

like if i ever HAD to live in a vehicle I would take full advantage of that kind of freedom
>>
>>1148058
Yeah, it's full on comfy. I have a brother that lives in a van. Me and the current wife plan on retiring in a van but I'm trying to talk her into at least an RV since I don't think she'd enjoy sharing a tiny room with me.

vans are great though, lots of options for a single person. Decent gas mileage and tons of room. I love having my house and Jacuzzi bathtub too much to let go though. Full size oven and fridge, all the comforts of home I guess. Once you go big it gets harder to downsize every year.
>>
>>1148029
Heaps of videos on youtube. There's people doing builds, tutorials on how to build, also just people swapping stories of their experiences and giving advice.
>>
>>1147593
Chill man. Wow.
>>
>>1148044
>wife asks me one day if she can date other people.
Jesus , you mean women have always been horrible?
I thought it was just this generation
>>
>>1147599
>>1148111
>he called me on my shit better throw out some umads like its 2010
you guys are little baby bottom bitches
>>
>>1148157
And you are an angry homeless person.
You know how no one likes to hang around you in person?
We dont like you here either.
People have to suffer your company or leave the area.
Have you ever noticed how people start to leave when you get somewhere?
This is because you are a shitty person who needs to take his meds.
>>
One thing potential vanlife people need to understand is that you come in contact with a lot of borderline personalities. Slab city is full of angry homeless types who constantly call each other "out on their shit man".
They see this rude behavior as somehow virtuous.
Its mildly unpleasant on the internet , but it often turns into violent exchanges in person.
These people have deep victim complexes and they think they are the only ones holding the moral high ground because they refuse to compromise on things like common courtesy.
>>
File: 1486569911875.png (92 KB, 198x246)
92 KB
92 KB PNG
>>1147638
>>
File: IMG_2959.jpg (1.76 MB, 4032x3024)
1.76 MB
1.76 MB JPG
I own a small van, in the process of converting it to a micro-camper for temporary living.

So far I've sound proofed, insulated and paneled it, put a floor in, cut the bulkhead out and lined the plastic trim and wheel arches with carpet.

Next will be installing an eberpacher diesel can heater, a leisure battery on a split charger (both fit in the Wells under seats), then a rock n roller 3/4 width bed, and then a unit which will hopefully have space for a fridge and sink. Cooking on a camping stove for simplicity.

I'd love to live in one full time but id get a high roof big van for that. Dream would be a swb hr Mercedes sprinter with a full size double bed on pully system.

Pic related is an older photo of mine
>>
File: IMG_3186.jpg (4.68 MB, 3024x4032)
4.68 MB
4.68 MB JPG
Have taken it inna, also
>>
>>1148185
If I lived in a van, the last place i would go is somewhere like slab city.
>>
>>1148173
nice hot opinions there faggot
could you BE more assblasted?
>>
File: IMAG2258.jpg (866 KB, 1520x2688)
866 KB
866 KB JPG
>>1148185
I've never had a bad time at slabs. If you don't bother with sketchy people nothing sketchy will happen to you.
>pic related me an my buddy makin breakfast at west satan
Never understood the fear people associate with living in a vehicle. I've never been left more to my own devices, barring just fucking off innawoods.
>>1148220
>>1148221
Nice.
>>
>>1148274
>some dreadlock nigger in overalls isnt thr least bit sketchy.

Okay
>>
>>1148308

>skinnyfat redneck detected
>>
>>1148308
In a world of pedos, heroin users, thieves,rapists, alkies and assorted hobo trash they are all niggers
>>
is there a way to make money while living in a van? or do you save up and have a limited time out?
>>
>>1148308
>thinking some emaciated nomad is scary
I have some bad news for you anon, you're a giant weepy vagina.
>>
>>1148370
Yeah that a homeless.
You are also a homeless
If you came near my house I would call the cops and they would roust your ass
You are not a real person
>>
>>1148274
>If you don't bother with sketchy people nothing sketchy will happen to you.

Anon you are the sketchy
>>
>>1148364
Most vanlife types are either digital nomads or do temp labor
>>
File: 2017-11-11 16.17.05.jpg (2.96 MB, 4032x3024)
2.96 MB
2.96 MB JPG
Are we posting neat RVs?
>>
>>1148376
super cute that you decided to live up to societal standards
>>
>>1148376
>>1148379
You guys are like broken records.
>>
What are three must have things for you in a van?
>>
>>1148432
bed pot and booze
>>
>>1147456
Car crashes and shitty roads can fuck shit up royally.
>>
>>1148417
and you are just broken
>>
File: van-ricing.png (2.81 MB, 1173x4609)
2.81 MB
2.81 MB PNG
This could be useful. The prices are outdated, majority of that stuff is much cheaper now, especially if you import directly from China on ebay.
>>
vanning is for suckers. You live in shitty conditions and save only a slender amount of money. Bad meme
>>
Anyone know if a dodge b2500 is any good? 170k on the odometer for $3k...
>>
>>1149036

Dodge is alright

Offer 2650 cash and see if they bite
>>
Toilet in the van or not?
Shower inside the van or not?
Permanent bed or one that slides/folds away?
Kitchen/sink inside the van or camping gear?
>>
>>1149056

>Toilet in the van or not?

Portable so either can be done.

>Shower inside the van or not?

bottle attachment, use outside

>Permanent bed or one that slides/folds away?

Permanent with storage underneath

>Kitchen/sink inside the van or camping gear?

Sink with wood cutting board, so you can turn it into a table/storage
>>
>>1149073
I was thinking of getting one of those shower thingos that's a black bag you fill with water and leave in the sun. Then you hang from a tree branch or side of the vehicle. Are they any good?
>>
File: images.jpg (24 KB, 320x427)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
What about something like this for a bed? 1/2
>>
File: images (1).jpg (25 KB, 320x427)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
>>1149085
2/2
>>
>>1149087
Where is the cushion, and where will you store the cushion during table mode?

Seems gimicky to me, but im an idiot so i might be overthinkimg it.
>>
>>1149032
Depends. Smart people can save a lot of money doing it. I heard of one couple saving $18k a year doing it.

I was watching something on YouTube the other day though, these 2 yuppie clueless lesbians were bragging about how cheap van life was for them. I quote:
>Yeah we only spends around $900 a month on parking and camp sites
>Our Internet is pretty cheap, we average about $350 a month in data
What the fucking.....
>>
>>1149088
I dunno, I'm in the planning stages and not sure what sort of bed situation I want yet. I guess with that setup the mattress would be 2 foldable cushions that turn into the sofa padding and backing.

Those aren't my pics, just some off of Google.
>>
>>1149089
Lol why the fuck would they ever pay for parking or a camp site for that matter?

Also, why not just use coffee shop or mcdonalds internet?

LAME
A
M
E
>>
>>1149088
Looking at it more, I like how the seats are storage but it'd be a pain having to lift the cushion/mattress all the time to access shit. Bonus is though you have table/seating for a few people and a living space that isn't the 2 square feet behind the driver's seat.
>>
>>1149091
Makes sense, my only concern would be the lack of storage in that center area.

(Planning stages myself)
>>
>>1149089
And then sharks came a started slapping the van
>>
>>1149092
Yeah they seemed like the types to be doing it because #vanlife #roughingit. I'll post the video later if I can find it.
I think they were in San Fran so to be honest they might be used to paying way more for about the same amount of space.
>>
This dude is converting a sprinter van. Easily the best, most thorough conversion series I've seen on youtube. Pretty top spec though and he's spending a decent amount on it, so it's not really something everyone can do.

>inb4 'fuck off jaz', i ain't him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FUCKAlPl94
>>
>>1147638
>patchouli
Hippie dope smokers, who live in tents or vans don’t normally take showers.
Who has the time or motivation to personal hygiene when there is dope to smoke.
So to cover the foul stench, they douse the,selves with patchouli oil.
>>
>>1149573
idk man, im not a wook and I enjoy patchouli.
>>
>>1149573
Unlike hippies bums care if they smell like shit or vomit, it's kind of a badge of honor for them
>>
>>1149557
Yea i've been keeping up with his vids. It's obvious he's an electrician because he's going full autism with electrical shit he doesn't need while calling it "Simple" and "Pretty straight-forward".

I think he's going a bit over the top, considering he's building it just to go surfing with the lads on weekends but power to him. Shit's interesting to watch too.
>>
>>1149098
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8IdJU71VYk&t=1s
here's the chicks I was talkin about
>>
>>1149573
There are different tiers of hippie.
>>
>>1149612
And they all stink
>>
>>1149032
Sure, if you're retarded. Otherwise you just sent out a property you own and spend the entire time roaming the country in your Van/RV. Not taking advantage of the mobility is stupid
>>
>>1149652
There's
>Part time hippies
Office workers and Uni students who are only hippies on weekends or their time off. The extent of their hippiness is usually just occasionally smoking weed and going to 1 or 2 local music festivals a year, but they can't do without creature comforts like staying in hotels or Starbucks. Only seen during summer for a few weeks then they disappear back to their 9-5 jobs in the city
Often these ones are stealthy as fuck and blend into normal society. You think that businessman is vaping tobacco juice on his lunch break?

>Old-school hippies
Usually elderly or close to it, leftover people from the 60's and 70's. Often they don't do any drugs or smoke much weed, they're just keepin it real. They're usually the most colorfully dressed too.

>Stoners
The extent of their hippiness is just that they're stoned 90% of the time, take life easy and aren't in a rush to do anything. They'll occasionally associate with other hippies but they're often watching TV, playing vidya or the like.

>Like the Chakras man
Worship shit like Crystals and chakra energy that they feel. Believe in whatever buzzword mystical bullshit that gets them through life and are quite often vegetarian or vegan. A lot of these will claim to be Buddhists even though they dont understand what actual Buddhism is like. They're almost exclusively van/camper life types and you'll see them camping in the forest on the edge of town.
On the plus side they do lots of volunteer work, occasionally live off the land but on the negative side they're flaky as hell, dont usually wash that often and have nasty dreads. Usually do psychedelics on the regular. The non-political ones are alright to hang around but avoid the ones that never shut up about the corporations, government and so on.

>Creative/Artsy hippies
Their hippiness is usually a bi-product of art they do (painting, drawing, music etc) and they just use weed/psychedelics to draw inspiration for their work
>>
>>1149798
I avoid all of them
>>
>>1148034
I took the front seat out of my wrangler and cut a piece of plywood to fill in the foot wells. Store gear underneath. OK for a 6' person. t. afraid of bears
>>
>>1149032
Stay in school kiddo.
>>
File: rsz_img_20160605_000330.jpg (209 KB, 1328x747)
209 KB
209 KB JPG
>>1149089
My bills are 20/mo vehicle insurance and 80/mo phone which includes unlimited data.
>>1149798
Holy shit you have an extreme lack of perspective here. N-not that you give a fuck or anything..
>>1150028
I had a black bear come up to the bus doors one morning. Dog enjoyed sniffing it through the crack, bear just wandered off after about 5mins.
>>
File: download.jpg (10 KB, 275x183)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
>>1150150
Schoolie trash pls go.
This thread is more on the Sprinter side of things.
Sorry stinkums
>>
can you set up a hammock in the van? asking for a friend
>>
>>1150150
But you can't save money because all your begging proceeds goes up your nose or is injected into your collapsed veins
>>
>>1150145

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tywkWRsjGbY
>>
File: rsz_img_20170513_195501.jpg (124 KB, 1328x747)
124 KB
124 KB JPG
>>1150164
Most of the OC in here is mine
>>1150183
Yes
>>1150194
You're gonna need a bigger bait my dude
>>
>>1150145
>>1149772
>>1149089
been in a van for two years straight. Fuck a duck newfags

>saving on rent, only to pay more for food to the point it practically balances out if you want comfy

roving in derelict parking lots at odd hours to get hassled by everyone is not as swell as they make you think. And you don't save a ton of money unless you make daily life suffering. Initial investment on those non-stealth RV's is nothing to poke at
>>
>>1150280
Don't pretend you have savings, you certainly don't have a future and your present is spent in misery with other failed humans
>>
>>1150280
>Most of the OC in here is mine
We know, you are not a subtle person pls go and take your hippie OC with you
>>
>>1150280
>Ooh look how special I am I took 5 picture of my shit mobile

We all look forward to you dying of aids or the police or a random citizen doing a good deed
>>
File: IMG_20170430_161726.jpg (1.04 MB, 1805x2367)
1.04 MB
1.04 MB JPG
>>1150297
I've been living on the street and in vehicles for 6 years
>what is food stamps, community feeds, food banks, dumpster diving
But fuck eating right?
>get hassled by everyone
I get hassled on /out/ more than irl
>daily life suffering
I make anywhere from $500-1000 a week playing guitar. Sure is suffering.
As for buying a new RV i got bad news for you son
>>1150298
So when are we hangin out anon
>>1150312
>>1150344
>how dare you have relevant content reeeee
>>
>>1149611
i don't care how dumb it is, i still like looking at these videos of people talking about their unique lifestyle that they don't really live.
>>
>>1147456
>>1147460
I can't decide between a cargo van and a mini van. One is obviously stealthier and cheaper, but also smaller
>>
>>1149610
Yer it seems pretty over the top, but he's gunna have an epic set up when it's done. He's making it seem like he's going to be living in it and traveling the country, so that'd explain a bit of it.
>>
>>1150351
>how dare you have relevant content reeeee
You
are
a
HOMELESS
no one wants you anywhere , you just ruin peoples good time wherever you show up
We dont care if you have to cure for cancer.
No one wants to talk to a homelessmun
>>
>>1150150
>My bills are 20/mo vehicle insurance
What company?
>>
>>1150351
>>how dare you have relevant content reeeee
We know you love posting pictures of yourself and humblebragging, but we're tired of it. Go somewhere else, please
>>
Are they a meme or should I get one and a bed mattress for me, the lady, and the doggo?
>>
>>1147593
sorry sir, niggers and those who type like them arent allowed on 4chan
>>
>>1150465
they're ok if you're camping alone. since you're not alone, you'd have to have a fairly large bed and you'd have to build a tent from scratch to accomodate you all.
>>
>>1150478
I have a 5.5 meme box
>>
>>1150430
you can't stand up in either one. definitely don't go with the minivan.
>>
>>1150494
Rugs you can stand in get horrible mileage.
If you are not full time, better to avoid them.
>>
>>1150453
The guy is a crackhead, don't take him seriously
>>
>>1150499
yeah what i'm saying, you're gonna be in a world of pain even in the cargo van, so definitely don't go with the minivan.
>>
>>1150519
I full time in a cargo. Its fine.
A mini is too small for me though.
In a cargo you just sit down to do stuff. Not a big deal.
I camp outdoors though and am not in cities so I am not hiding in my van ever.
I have a kitchen inside and also have an outdoor kitchen area in the rear barn doors.
>>
>>1150479
Not sure how you, your girl, your dog, and DeShawn are all going to fit in that cuck box
>>
File: 20170512_133459.jpg (787 KB, 1536x2560)
787 KB
787 KB JPG
>>1150430
You're gonna want the space. Minivans are a pain to live in. Barely have room for anything other than the bed.
>>1150449
>No one wants to talk
lol i dunno
>>1150453
Progressive, through a third party. have the bus registered and insured as a mobile home and I'm a squeaky clean driver.
>>1150464
>i'm mad because someone is posting on my 4chans reeeeeeee
humblebragging top fucking kek anon
Where's the "i came into a thread about shit i don't like and got mad about it" meme when you need it
>>1150465
Do it faggot.
>>
>>1150554
>he keeps posting picture of himself
Can you be more self obsessed?

>thread about shit I don't like
I like what this thread is about, not your self obsessed posting pictures of yourself that no one asked for and your soapboxing on how you think normal people are wasting their lives because they don't live in a smelly bus
>>
>>1150554
You literally always post the same goddamn picture of your dog. At least post a new one.
>>
File: IMAG0967_1.jpg (107 KB, 1296x716)
107 KB
107 KB JPG
>>1150557
Here friend, have a rare since you love me so much. Go ahead and save it, it's all for you.
>german fire truck converted into an RV by some leaves in Spokane, WA
>>1150558
That's a bear anon
>>
>>1150558
>dog
>>
>>1150560
I don't hate you, but you can be pretty annoying. You're just not making a good case for what you preach, which is freedom, considering you are always on here posting. go outside fagot
>>
File: 462662202.jpg (172 KB, 396x594)
172 KB
172 KB JPG
>>1150558
>>1150557
No homeless guy is ever going to admit he has overstayed his welcome.
Because of the nature of this board we cannot get him banned.
All we can do is avoid threads he likes.
He is the big reason we cant have vanlife threads. He has been shitting them up with his anger for years now.
I have a feeling he is the same prick that shits up a lot of other threads but you can only track him here because he posts his shitty van and dog.
I wish he would get a trip so others could opt out of interacting with him.
>>
File: rsz_img_20170428_083149.jpg (352 KB, 931x1231)
352 KB
352 KB JPG
>>1150567
If reading posts on the internet annoys you, i've got bad news for you son. I think the real question here is why do you all spend so much time trying to ridicule me for no raisin, but you know whatever man i'll roll with it. I've made more than a handful of irl friends on /out/ and helped 6 people learn to travel and live on the road comfortably. I'm sitting next to an anon i met on here right now.
and i'm sorry, I thought this was America, where you can pay for sex with pennies. I'll phonepost from wherever i please family
>>1150569
I post in homeless threads and vanlife threads. You could try asking questions about vanlife to someone with experience who has lived in 3 vehicles in almost every state in the country for 6 years, or you know, just try and fail to shit on me because reasons.
>>
>>1150573
For over a year, every time I come on this board I've seen you indirectly insulted most of /out/ and many people who I am close to with your sweeping generalities and juvenile attitude and when your bus pictures are posted alongside of that it's the equivalent of "punchable face" so you and your obese dogbear can go eat rotten eggs
>>
>>1150576
*bus picture selfies
>>
>>1150573
You think you have information that is valuable but you do not.
You are toxic.
I cant make you leave but perhaps we can come to an agreement?
Would you make a tripcode and stick to it if I paid you 100 dollars?
If you give me a PO box or general delivery address I will send you a 100 dollar bill.
Will this smooth things over?
>>
File: rsz_img_20161027_110251.jpg (184 KB, 1328x747)
184 KB
184 KB JPG
>>1150576
>he called me names on 4chan shut it down
I hardly even insult the people who insult me around here. Definitely wouldn't say never though
>>1150579
You're trying to pay me to become a tripfag and I'm toxic?
>>
>>1150582
My grandfather was a scientist, he worked hard his whole life. You called him a deluded idiot., I remember it very clearly

Get well, sonny
>>
>>1150582
You just make me very tired.
You are insulting and angry and I just want to be able to have van threads without you.
Is there any way to do this?
>>
>>1150150
minus points for dog on the bed and slightly rapey looking camo curtains, but looks comfy
>>
>>1150583
>>1150584
Here's all my posts prior to me taking the bait
>>1147572
>>1147614
>>1148274
>>1150150
They're pretty god damn offensive i'd say.
I've watched other anons get called me and shit on for being me. I've seen you chucklefucks ruin thread upon thread just trying to get a rise out of me. Some of those threads ruined didn't even have a post from me in them. Here's the kicker, this is 4chan. Not everyone is going to agree with you or like you. I'm not salty, you don't have to be either.
>>1150586
They are pretty rapey curtains.
I'm redoing it at the moment. Just got everything out of the inside it's all down to the floor. Finally got the last two original seats out. Here's what it looked like right after I bought it and took some seats out.
>>
You are saying that this

>>1147593
Is not you?
>>
>>1150589
You were way worse, before you started hiding your true feelings from the angry mob

Like I said, you literally called my grandpa a piece of shit because he worked hard, you junker fuck
>>
File: rsz_img_20160605_092512.jpg (150 KB, 1328x747)
150 KB
150 KB JPG
>>1150590
It's not, I do agree with him though. It's better to cook outside.
>>1150591
I don't care about your grandpa anon, nothing personnel. I call all of you faggots because we're on 4chan not because I think you're gay.
>>
>>1150595
>. It's better to cook outside.
Its not the position he is taking its his tone.
This is 4chan but its not /b/ tone matters to me and I would rather not be insulted.
So I guess we have two very negative people instead of one.
Pretty sure I cant convince both of you to leave
Better just to not have van threads I guess. I stopped making them a while back and was excited when this one popped up.
Had some crazy idea that it would not turn to shit.
I was wrong.
>>
Oh and in case you might think you are also just talking to one person.
I am not the guy with the scientist grandfather.
I believe there are at least four of us that have been complaining about you here but it is possible its only two.
No way to know for sure.
>>
Contemplating living out of my chevy cruze 4-door sedan to save money while in school. I've been sleeping in it all week now; I could see it working with further improvements.

Back seat folded down, feet in the trunk and head on the seat lying diagonally (6'3"). 40-degree nights (VA) with two 30-degree covers (inside 1-synthetic bag, 1-down quilt on top) I'm able to keep warm, though I need to pull the quilt over my head to heat the air before inhaling (otherwise my nose gets cold and I wake up) and the trunk flooring saps heat (added folded bath/swim towels as cushioning/insulation to help mitigate), legitimate insulation may be necessary for long-term solution (Reflectix? Foam? Can be laid upon, right?). Condensation, and by extension stealth/privacy/security in general, is a major concern. Tint the windows ($$$), acquire window covers (reflectix cut to fit, spray painted black) to use at night (too obvious?)

Food is a concern, no good storage or cooking methods... or cleaning methods for that matter. Just eat as if I'm on a permanent backpacking trip?

Dressing decently well without the ability to iron button shirts or hang/hang-dry clothes is also suspect.
>>
File: rsz_img_20161016_193532.jpg (382 KB, 1328x747)
382 KB
382 KB JPG
>>1150598
I can't do anything about other anons insulting you and i fail to see how it's my fault. You should also probably chill out.
>>1150600
I'm aware.
>>1150601
I lived in a Cobalt for a year. You sound like you're on the right track, get a thermarest to sleep on and you'll be set from the floor. I never bothered to find a way around the condensation on the windows because I never cared. My advice is just don't worry about that. No one cares that you're sleeping in your car.
>Just eat as if I'm on a permanent backpacking trip
Yes. I slept in the front seat and had food and shit in the trunk, but i still mostly ate pb&honey and chips with bean dip when I wasn't busking or dumpster diving for food.
>iron button shirts hang clothes
Get a powered storage unit. Use it like a bedroom that you don't sleep in.
>>
>>1150605
Not sure i buy that you are not the insulting anon. It sure does sound like your voice from other threads. I think you might be telling lies to muddy the water.
>>
File: rsz_img_20161027_134032.jpg (1.05 MB, 1494x2656)
1.05 MB
1.05 MB JPG
>>1150618
>Not sure i buy that
I don't know what to tell you senpai. I keep that shit to the shitpost general. Not everyone that says bad or mean things is me. You see my pictures? See the little rsz in the file name? I even go out of my way to resize my god damn pictures to make it easier for you fuckers to see them and tell it's me posting. If I want to talk shit, you will be able to tell because I always post pics. This isn't even the first time I've broken it down just to try and appease some anon who thinks I'm a bastard regardless of what I do.
>>
File: IMG_085731_20171129.jpg (357 KB, 2001x1499)
357 KB
357 KB JPG
Lived in my forester for 6 months, not too shabby. Drove 40k miles cross-country numerous times. Was pretty fun, couldn't make it my entire life though. Good to do while young.
>>
>>1149085
>>1149087
My buddy made a couch that slid out to make a bed. You would then just lay both sets of cushions down flat for the mattress. Worked pretty well.
>>
>>1150421
What do you mean?
>>
>>1150657
Damn, pretty comfy design!
>>
File: rsz_imag0555.jpg (281 KB, 760x1344)
281 KB
281 KB JPG
>>1150651
I like it, always wanted to trade my cobalt for one of those things. I was in washington where everyfuckingbody has a subaru.
Ran into two kids living in a forester at a truckstop, they were traveling around delivering phone books. Just following the company around. I had done that as a teenager and never even thought to travel with it, what a sweet gig.
>>1150657
Any pics of it done up? Is that a full size bus? Did he redo it to live in it?
>>
>>1150657
Fucking love that design. I might go slide out then.

A side note, I'm 6ft3in tall. Any other tall people in here? Anyone have trouble with sleeping or moving about their vehicle? I'm worried I'll be too tall to be able to sleep sideways, and sleeping longways would take up more room in a vehicle. Not to mention actually moving around the damn thing.
Half the builds you see on YouTube they're like 5'9" manlets.
>>
File: IMAG2220.jpg (1.35 MB, 2688x1520)
1.35 MB
1.35 MB JPG
>>1150680
You get used to being a little squished. Unless you go full bus status it's gonna be impossible to sleep sideways. I'm 5'10 and i have a little more than a foot clearance sideways. In a regular conversion van I have to sleep longways or crooked at least.
>>
>>1150682
Thanks for the help. I might go with some sort of slide/fold out solution.
The "builds a camper in 17 days" guy claims to be over 6ft and seems to get around his van fine, maybe he just got a high top fukken huge one
>>
File: rsz_img_20170427_173826.jpg (175 KB, 1328x747)
175 KB
175 KB JPG
>>1150685
Pic related is a ford e350 conversion van. It was an airport shuttle with a 460 engine in it. Had the bus doors and stood well over 6ft interior, still couldn't fit sideways. Had a futon bed and a lazyboy in it. Got it for 900 bucks. If I was ever going for a van, it would be something like this one. It was basically perfect for just one or two people.
We had 9 people in it though.
>>
File: 1425314655872.jpg (146 KB, 658x802)
146 KB
146 KB JPG
>>1147794
sounds a lot like the movie prisoners
>>
File: IMG_20170423_112744.jpg (542 KB, 2144x1668)
542 KB
542 KB JPG
>>1150690
That's cool. That is pretty much what I'm building for mine it's just across the back instead of down the side. Kind of a murphy bed with storage under it.
Is that some sort of battery bank on the other side?
>>
File: bed.png (3.46 MB, 1680x720)
3.46 MB
3.46 MB PNG
>>1150674
That's just some photo I found on the internet. Here's his set up. He split the fold out bed into two parts so that you only had to lift up half the bed to get the storage underneath.
>>
>>1150691
Yeah, he had solar panels on the roof and battery storage to run the lights, a fan in the ceiling, and had a few electrical plugs to charge stuff.
>>
File: rsz_img_20170423_164408.jpg (219 KB, 747x1328)
219 KB
219 KB JPG
>>1150692
That turned out pretty nice. Is that an e350? I had the same doors in the dollar van. The snap together flooring is great. I don't have any better pics of it than what i posted already unfortunately. The engine started to go and I gave it away to a guy who needed a project.
>>1150693
I have a gas generator and I'll be adding a battery bank running off a separate alternator. Maybe solar some time, but I want my roof space for band crap.
>>
>>1150695
It was something like an e350. I think it might have been a Chevy instead.
>>
>>1150695
Anon, I... I'm sorry I called you a douchebag. Even though you called my granpa a deluded idiot, I forgive you. I hope you can forgive me.
>>
>>1147456
>RELAX

Fucking triggered

A stupid "motivational" poster doesnt get to tell me to "relax", especially on CAPS BOLD LETTERS

FUCK YOUR STUPID VAN AND FUCK YOUR POSTER
>>
How do I get dirty hippy pussy scent out of my van? It's a been a month, I have cleaned every inch of everything, and washed all linens multiple times. I STILL get a wiff of rotten cunt occasionally. I swear to god she rubbed her fingers in her snatch and then fingerpainted magic gypsy symbols on every inch of my living space.
>>
>>1150738
You don't, it's karma for associating with whores
>>
>>1148039
>I'm all about small minimalist living

STFU, you're a fucking hipster wannabe outdoors millennial just like 85% of this board.

You wouldnt last a day without your Starbucks caramel frap with extra foam, much less the internet so you can post pics of said frap on IG with the latest filters. (That is IF you don't spill it all over your yoga pants first)

Fuck you kids irritate me.
>>
>>1150738
If she smoked weed in her become and didn't clean it you'll probably have to replace the carpet and anything fabric
>>
>>1150767
damn this is some ridiculous projecting, my man. Literally none of those things apply to me other than i have an instagram account lol.

where is this anger coming from, pal? /out/ is a comfy board
>>
>>1150796
>i'm all about small, minimalist living

Like a vehicle, smartphone, world travel and college? Face it you are a typical normie faggot who expects to to live in luxury on someone else's expense like you have your whole life. That other guy was right.
>>
>>1150351
How do you make that much from playing guitar?
>>
>>1150351
Also wondering how you make that much playing guitar.
>>
>>1150843
>>1150836
Begging
>>
Look up Alex Honnold Van on Youstubes, he’s got a pretty nice setup. Also do a search on mountain project’s forum section for dirtbag/van life threads. Lots of cool ideas there.
>>
File: rsz_0428171655_hdr.jpg (160 KB, 1328x747)
160 KB
160 KB JPG
>>1150729
Idk man that guy seemed pretty serious you sure you're not rusing me
>>1150738
>she rubbed her fingers in her snatch and then fingerpainted magic gypsy symbols
HAH. OdoBan my nigga.
>>1150836
>>1150843
Short answer is travel, trial and error. Been at it a while, I know where to play and I'll play all day and night. College towns, night life spots, bars, tourist traps etc. That is the high end of things, where i'd hustle and stay out every day. To keep that kind of money going you also need to travel and you need to talk to people. Busking in one town or city you will never do that well long term. You HAVE to move around. I'll typically just play weekends/events and make anywhere from 100-400 a day. I don't need much money to keep my lifestyle how I want. I also play for gas at truck stops and food out in front of good restaurants, that way I can just sit on the cash. On my last trip from Washington state down to Nebraska in that dollar van, a month and a half, I made 3.1k which is what I used to buy my new engine for the bus and get it installed, as well as some other minor fixins.
>>
>>1150893
My town just made passed some ordinances making buskers buy permits.
They have to audition and it takes time to get approved.
So far no one has gotten approval but several hippies have been run off.
Good times!
>>
File: rsz_img_20160616_202423.jpg (121 KB, 1328x747)
121 KB
121 KB JPG
>>1150951
>They have to audition and it takes time to get approved
Fucking lol. I've had people tell me I needed a permit but no one has ever run me off for it. In my hometown you'd be arrested. No permit, illegal. Any way to make money that isn't work is illegal. It's even technically illegal for people to go door to door mowing lawns but of course nobody busts the kids for doing that. Thankfully most of the country is not like that, and even while you're traveling if you end up somewhere like that you typically get a pass. Most places don't want a local homeless population, if you're in and out people seem to respect that and leave you alone.
>>
>>1150605
In general I shouldn't worry about privacy as long as I park relatively well?
Try to install at least a curtain or sheet to cover myself to prevent rapists from staring at me through the window?

I should be able to move junk out of the trunk at night for leg room then everything back in to look normal during the day I figure.
>>
>>1151075
Hang a curtain between the cockpit and the back of your vehicle. You could even make a barrier and put autocarpet on it if you want to be stealthy. Hang some hi viz jackets on the front seats and leave an old electrician manual on the dash board and anyone looking at your vehicle will think it's a work/tradesman's van.
>Mfw you need to solve 6 captcha to post now
>>
>>1150767
t.millenial hipster or balding boomercuck pretending he's cool
Genuine /out/ guys are chill about newbies and their dumb aspirations
>>
>>1151093
>Genuine /out/ guys are chill about newbies and their dumb aspirations

True, but nobody's chill about annoying homeless douches who won't just fuck off and stop irritating everybody
>>
File: images (1).jpg (19 KB, 420x350)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
>>1151096
>I fucking hate camper vans!
>I know, I'll hang out in a thread and camper vans!
>Yeah that'll show em. Look Mom, get the camera.
>>
>>1151126
There is a big difference between a person doing vanlife and a fucking vagrant
>>
Solar panel or nah? Fitting a vehicle out for weekends, not for living in. Need just enough power for a light or two, charge a phone and maybe a laptop. Should I get one of these motherfuckers instead? Something smaller?
>>
>>1151128
>Grrr people like things I don't like
>Wtf people love pre differently than my very particular world view allows
Nah just honestly sounds like you have issues and need to chill, mate.
>>
File: images (2).jpg (11 KB, 300x240)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
>>1151129
Forgot pic
>>
>>1151132
Not going to pretend its ok to mix with homeless/vagrants and pretend they are people. Not gonna do it.
>>
>>1149798
And they all stink
>>
How do you guys safely keep your vans heated? I’m in Canada and it can get cold as a mo fo here.
>>
>>1150150
Me and friend motorcycle camping in Yosemite, get shitfaced, throw sleeping bags on ground, pass out. Wake up, people in neighboring campsites staring at me. Oh fuck, what did I do? Neighbor says "A bear was sniffing you while you were asleep". I'm glad I hadn't bathed in 3 days and smelled like alcohol.
>>
>>1151258
Holy fuck
>>
File: 1512069432174.jpg (86 KB, 540x614)
86 KB
86 KB JPG
>>1150767
What kind of numale bugman calls a coffee a frap
Found the millenial hipster LARPing

Lighten up you cunt
>>
>>1150579
It's illegal to mail currency, anon. If you do I'll have to report you.
>>
>>1147456
enjoy changing your tire and suspension every 6 months
>>
File: rsz_img_20160924_110538.jpg (107 KB, 747x1328)
107 KB
107 KB JPG
>>1151075
I hung shit in the windows but it was mostly to block light. Really just do whatever you feel like, don't let people sketch you out. Stay comfy, ignore tweakers, don't park in the same place more than one night.
>>1151129
Just grab another car battery and have it charge off the alternator. That's plenty for lights and little shit. You can get a 15-30 dollar cigarette lighter power inverter so you have outlets. If you get worried you're low you can just run the car for ~10 mins and be charged.
>>1151136
(You)
>>1151258
That's excellent. I wake up if the dog bumps me no matter how much alcohol I've had, you're a champion.
>>1151376
It's pretty easy to build light weight. Passenger vans are rated for plenty extra, back two row six person seating gives you ~1000lbs wiggle room to build without worrying about going over weight limit.
>>
>>1151258
>Not making that bear your wife

You fucked up man
>>
File: 1509232090736.jpg (100 KB, 564x375)
100 KB
100 KB JPG
>>1151512
And risk being cucked by a goddamn wild animal?
Are you fucking insane?
Do you have any idea how bad the divorce rape would be on a deal like that?
You think any court in america is going to look kindly on a white human male fucking a goddamn bear?
She would get EVERYTHING
>>
>>1150738
Spray alcohol with lemon all over the place, that should kill the bacteria that is causing the smell.
>>
>>1151525
10/10
>>
>>1151136
listen man its YOU thats polluting these fucking threads with your REEEEEEEEE ignorance.

the vagrant anon's content is mediocre but you are just lowering the fucking tone with all your bitching. no one is forcing you to read the thread.
>>
>>1151640
WRONG. The only fag ruining shit is the guy who lives in a bus living the metal box life filling up every thread with the same pictures and niggertales of taking drugs and drinking in the weeds behind gas stations
>>
>>1151673
I have to agree with this anon.
>>
File: 1504204182284.gif (469 KB, 512x807)
469 KB
469 KB GIF
>>1151695
I don't. Now what?
>>
>>1151697
Someone needs to invent an app to weed out homeless posters.
>>
Stop arguing ma fuckers and answer my question. How do you heat your van during the winter? I’m looking into some class b vans/campers but idk how’d they do in a Canadian winter
>>
>>1151711
Sorry anon, this thread has been ruined by homeless. Any advice you get here is going to be questionable.
Would you ask a guy with a cardboard sign begging on the corner for advice about anything?

Maybe try starting a thread on /o/
this one is garbage
>>
>>1151711
There are apparently propane heaters for vans which sounds a bit sketchy to me. Other than that insulate it as much as possible and bring a bunch of blankets?
>>
>>1151711
Move somewhere where it doesn't snow
>>
>>1151711
Diesel cab heater. £3-500 plus install over here.

>>1151722
No its been ruined by him AND YOU.

He's a cunt but there's nothing wrong with homeless people in principle. Youre a cunt too for being prejudiced.
>>
>>1151711
Make like a bird and go south.
>>
>>1151742
>nothing wrong with homeless people in principle
That is ridiculous
>>
Damn some of these vans are expensive, got a 1996 Pleasure Way selling for 26k in my area
>>
>>1150023
Afirmative
>>
File: rsz_img_20171204_215801.jpg (148 KB, 1328x747)
148 KB
148 KB JPG
>>1151711
Closed system propane is the most efficient way. Those things are ridiculous. I have a little space heater in here right now but im skeptical how well itd hold up in real cold. Oklahoma doesnt get much of a winter. You could always just stock up on hot hands.
pic related, testing out some layouts before permanent construction. Its about 50 degrees outside and im warm, i know thats not saying much.
Before the big vehicles i just had a good sleeping system.
>>
>>1151937
Better than being a judgemental close minded prick.
>>
>>1152074
You are a bigoted fool. No one likes the homeless
>>
>>1152082
Lmao the satire is great. I don't hate any group of people on principle, which is what you are doing, so the hypocrisy of you calling me a bigot either indicates you're a moron or you're trolling.
>>
>>1152105
>I don't hate any group of people on principle,
Not even pedos or nazis? Or nazi pedos?
>>
>>1152105
You hate
>judgemental close minded pricks

That makes you a bigot and a self hater. Seek help my brainwashed friend
>>
>>1152218
Sigh.. Half quoting and misrepresenting what me to force your point. Gj.
>>
>>1152196
And nope. Hate begets hate.

Nvm that you're drawing false equivalence with your school boy rhetoric.
>>
>>1152259
>I'm a good person because I hate Trump

Go back to your cuckshed
>>
>>1152271
I'm not even American, dude. I appreciate the effort trolling but guess what, I don't hate you either.
>>
>>1152283
What's your point?
>>
>>1152283
whats YOUR point? whats drumf got to do with anything? you don't see me bringing your maw into this
>>
>>1150738
Black Ice little trees
>>
File: 1512504100878.jpg (111 KB, 1200x601)
111 KB
111 KB JPG
HOMELESS BUMS AND BUM HATERS

PLEASE STOP ARGUING IN THIS FUCKING THREAD, YOU ASSHOLES
DO YOU GO ONTO THE ANIME THREAD AND SHOUT ABOUT HOW FUCKED UP AND SHITTY ASIAN ANT PEOPLE ARE?
DO YOU GO ONTO /OUT/'S HUNTING THREAD AND BITCH ABOUT HUNTERS?

No, so don't fuck up this thread. I don't live in a van but I enjoy reading the little quirks and scrapes and sharing what I know with the anons that are considering it. Please stay on topic and don't be like those homeless people fighting in the streets, keep your schizophrenia and inadequacy to yourself.

Just like not everyone who buys a tent and a fishing rod is homeless, not everyone who wants to deck out a van is homeless. I'm planning on fitting one out because my job takes me to conventions, fairs and festivals and I either have to book an expensive hotel, drive miles to a hotel, or camp in a field. So stay on topic
>>
>>1152589
You seem angry are you sure you aren't homeless?
>>
>>1152594
I think you are an homlesss
>>
>>1152589
This to be honest. If you don't like vans, caravans, campers and aren't going to contribute then you don't belong in the thread.
We just wanna learn stuff and read greentext stories about vanlife without having to resort to hugbox forums and YouTube comments but instead we have 2 shitters arguing about homeless people and politics.
>>
>>1152196
A lot of WW2 Nazis hated the jews because they were perceived to be engaged in so much paedophilia, child porn and child prostitution in the Weimar republic

Reading this was a trip
https://www.darkmoon.me/2013/the-sexual-decadence-of-weimar-germany/
>>
>>1152260
Hatred kicks ass. And you're gay.
>>
What about this setup?
I think the guy wants too much for it but it has everything I would want.

https://denver.craigslist.org/rvs/d/ford-econoline-e350-custom/6413843249.html
>>
>>1152685
Looks pretty nice but it's a 20yo vehicle and looks a bit weathered. I say go check it out and see if you can get him to take it for $17k then haggle from there. The inside looks really well set up so he might be trying to compensate his hours he spent working on it.
>>
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=van+skiing+film&view=detail&mid=E0C507365566B04F9A8EE0C507365566B04F9A8E&FORM=VRRTAP&PC=U316

This can looks great and they made it usable for cold weather by having an area for sleeping bags and skis
>>
>>1151984
Why do you like Oklahoma so much and what songs do you play
>>
>>1151984
And do you have a generator
>>
File: 1490042961000.jpg (1.04 MB, 1740x2261)
1.04 MB
1.04 MB JPG
>>1152685
>22k
Holy shit. Maybe if everything under the hood is new as well. Looks about as good as it gets for one dude in a van.
>>1152720
There is a dude from /out/ here who lets me come back and hang out whenever i want. I'm doing all my renovations outside his house.
>>1152722
Yes
>>
File: 1499398098819.jpg (839 KB, 2501x1764)
839 KB
839 KB JPG
>>1152720
i play folk punk. Right now it's just me but i've got a few bandmates scattered around. We went around the midwest a few months ago. i just got a microphone and i have a guitar, mandolin, acoustic bass and a washboard. Working on an album playing all the stuff myself while i renovate, got 3 originals so far.. more covers than i can count but i want an all original album.
>>
>>1152749
Do you have a youtube soundcloud bandcamp I wanna hear
>>
>i play folk punk
=
>i voted for bernie sanders
>>
>>1152749
>i play folk punk
do you have split with ghost mice yet?
>>
File: rsz_img_20170427_172945.jpg (156 KB, 1328x747)
156 KB
156 KB JPG
>>1152836
Email me, ill send some
outinnawoods@gmail
>>1152854
>2017
>voting
>>1152935
Im not sure if you meant that to be as sick of a burn as it is
10/10
Nah, im doin my own thing for now anyway. I have met a few higher profile bands that say theyre down to tour once the bus is finished. We'll see how that goes. Punk bands are a shitshow.
>>1153061
Progressive, through a third party. They never inspected so i got to insure the bus as a motorhome that gets driven twice a year. The insurance on my old cobalt was 80/mo for liability, the dollar van itt was 100. I have a clean record as well.
Its really the registering/insuring as a motor home that saves you though. If youre doing a build you should look up what it takes to register as one, varies state to state so look up the states around you too because its definitely worth it long term.
For example some states require you to have water, beds, certain sqft living space while other states do not.
>>
>>1153067
mostly it was a quippy observation, noticed every one of my favorite folk punk artists (admittedly, both of them) have a ghost mice split (and andrew jackson jihad, but they aren't quite folk punk)
>>
>>1150297
This.

Lived in various vans and travelled down the Cali coast a number of times from BC. If you don't have a good parking arrangement/go to far south in Cali, you get woken up constantly. Gas in larger vans is also hella-bawls expensive, and those big vans are a cunt to drive on actually remote areas. Believe it or not, if you pack a minivan with a long interior (Odysseys work really well) My girlfriend and are able to live in one easily. You balance gas, drivability, which still having a place to crash/cook. Montana EXTs work well in a pinch too.
>>
>>1151711
Move to the island. The vans are starting their migration already.
>>
This guy has some good videos on van/RV life

https://youtu.be/jW6nYiZtnac
>>
>>1153113
>california
>ever
No thanks senpai.
>>
>>1147456
I wanted to get into van dwelling, but unless my plan was to stay in the same general area for an extended period of time, or the climate sucked, I think it would be better just to be a backpacker. No maintenance/repairs to deal with, and more flexibility to pass through where vehicles can't or have trouble (i.e. thru-hike, overseas travel, etc.)
>>
File: K+Hermit+16+copy.jpg (118 KB, 800x531)
118 KB
118 KB JPG
>>1153195
This, I constantly long after the cosiness and comfiness of a fully decked out van, but I live in fucking Bongistan and it's miserable here for vanlifers, tiny roads, constant police vigilance, a terrible problem with Gypsie scum living in vans and caravans, shit tier weather and bitter winters, rapey insurance, expensive repairs, harassing public

One day I will pull the trigger and buy a van, probably the day I leave england for good and live in a whiter nation. Til then I will invest in a good backpack and camping supplies, since they'll be useful my entire life
>>
>>1153204
I saw on /o/ where you guys will fail a van for safety inspection just because its rusty.
What the fuck!!
>>
>>1153205
Yeah, England is the epicentre of clownworld
The /pol/ memes aren't even an exaggeration

https://www.reddit.com/r/milliondollarextreme/comments/5uew5e/uk_gov_paying_advertising_firm_60m_to_create/
>>
>>1153195
Ex backpacker here. It's kinda shit too. If you stay in hostels you always have to worry about some cunt stealing your shit, sharing a room with strangers sucks. Then there are snorers, or if you score yourself people hate you. Having to cook and eat at unusual times just to deal with having a crowded kitchen is dicks.

I'm working on a camper myself not to move in for a long time, but so I can travel and but have to deal with that shit.
>>
>>1147456
That looks remarkably comfy. My aunt died in one of these; caught fire while she slept, but she was using a candle and it was the 70s; also, she had a cat. And mental illness.
>or maybe a medium cargo trailer (2-3k) plus a Jeep wrangler or something as a 4x4 tow vehicle
I'd be very keen to this sort of arrangement, especially since I'm a hardline Jeepfag. How would the interior of the trailer be set up for livability?
>>
>>1153223
>>1153204
That's a shame. Godtier country, the highlands. Ever consider heading to the US for the kind of lifestyle you're looking for?
>>
>>1153398
Guess I might have answered my own question.
>>
>>1153414
what is that shooped beeb shit lmao
>>
>>1153414
Are they pooing up there?
>>
>>1153411
I would love to, but I don't know how I would attain citizenship

Perhaps I could move over to Canada then become a dreamer (lol) in my All American Camper, learn to hunt and enjoy the jaw dropping /out/ you have
>>
>>1153487
Canada is fucking awesome once you get away from the ultra liberal colleges.
Do not go there until you are done at university. Horrible PC culture has torn their schools asunder.
Oh and do NOT get married up there
>>
>>1153487
You said you're from the UK yeah? Get a work holiday Visa if you're under 31 or 36, let's you stay for two years. I did the same and wasn't /out/ until I went to Canada, going there changed me.
>>
>>1148416
>get called out for smelling like shit
>fUcK sOcIeTaL sTaNdArDs!
>>
>>1153704
if you restate their argument in the silly green letters it ceases to be true, anon
>>
>>1153388
Yeah, I didn't mean to say that it had no downsides. It definitely has its share like the ones you mentioned, and trying to arrange transportation or resorting to hitch hiking. I just meant that the tradeoffs can be worth it. If it's just a cross country road trip without a thru-hike along the way for example, then having a van would be better. If part of the trip requires the van to be left behind and retrieved later, like with said thru-hike or overseas travel, I think being a backpacker would be better
>>
>>1153531
Thanks buddy, that's good advice. What's your favourite spot in Canada?
>>
>>1153489
even bums get hotter chicks than me
reeeeeeee
>>
>>1153852
They get AIDS, crabs and the herp too. They are all filthy shit smelling scum
>>
>>1150657
Noice.
>>
>>1153704
wtf I love bad hygiene now
>>
File: 1-Jeep-Action-Camper.jpg (146 KB, 1392x928)
146 KB
146 KB JPG
>>1153449
>>1153452
oh you
>>
>>1151640
>ignorance
>Definition: Somebody with whom I disagree or doesn't watch Bill Nye Saves the World or doesn't have the latest iPhone
Stop using that word out of context, you cum-guzzling tumblrite.
>>
>>1151704
Not disagreeing with you at all, but without ID filters, your best bet is just bugging out of this thread.
>>
>>1152589
>My job requires I camp in a field or crowdfund for the cash to stay at a 5-star Hilton hotel within 5 miles of a trailer park.
>>1152594
>>
File: shirley-chisholm.jpg (210 KB, 800x600)
210 KB
210 KB JPG
>>1151704
>>1153940
I could work by detexting if someone is posting at the lieberry
>>
>>1153885
i would get the herp from any dready hippie slut that looks like those two.
i need to get the balls up to go to a rainbow gathering, i hear they basically hand out pussy
>>
>>1153758
Oh ya def.

>>1153765
BC for sure. Lived in a few different places but Nelson was by far the most chill and a great place for /out/.
>>
How sketch is living in a van? I'm kinda debating giving it a shot for a while instead of renting while saving for a house. My main issues would be police fucking with you, I'm sure my work wouldn't like knowing im living in a van and not having internet and shit would kinda suck.

So any advice from people doing this? I've been watching some Youtube videos and it looks like some people have pretty comfy set ups
>>
>>1151711
Little baby ceramic heater if you have the power for it, little coleman propane heater if not.

Honestly though just fucking sleep in your clothes.

There'll be ice on your windows every morning though
>>
File: rsz_img_20171205_163937.jpg (146 KB, 1328x747)
146 KB
146 KB JPG
>>1154033
>My main issues would be police fucking with you
Most that will ever happen is you get told to move. long as you pick where you park you can avoid this forever. I've gotten one parking ticket ever, for $15. The more yuppie infested the area, the more parking regulations there will be. Don't be afraid to ask, call up the city hall or look online.
There is ALWAYS somewhere to park for a night. Switch it up if you are staying in the same general area. Never more than 2 nights unless you look up the law. Some places have a limit on how many days you can have a vehicle parked in the same place on a road, some places do not. Varies from town to town.
>I'm sure my work wouldn't like knowing im living in a van
Don't tell em
>not having internet and shit would kinda suck
Pay for it. Or use any free wifi in your town. I pay $80/mo for my cell phone with data. That's nothing if you're working out of your van.
Get a gym membership, wifi at gym plus showers.
>>
File: unnamed.png (26 KB, 280x121)
26 KB
26 KB PNG
>>1154033
Watch some videos about where to park, van life safety, dealing with police etc. I'd say it depends on what country you're in but if you're worried about being robbed it assaulted then park in a well lit area with lots of people. From what I've seen suburban streets are no good because people know the vehicles in their quiet side streets well and will prob call cops. Instead go for streets in front of apartment buildings where people generally don't know their business l neighbors instead or the old Walmart parking lot.
People drive through dangerous 3rd world countries in South America living in their vans, just gotta keep your wits about you.

Also, it depends what your vehicle looks like. Does it LOOK like a camper? (Kombi, high top roof etc) or does it just look like pic related from the outside? Cops and people won't fuck with you if it looks like an anonymous white trades van, especially if you put a technical/electricians manual on the dash and some hi-vis vests on the seats. You won't be a target unless you make yourself one.
>>
>>1154070
>Also, it depends what your vehicle looks like
This is a meme. It does not matter one single bit.
>>
>>1151711
Insulate the fuck out of your vehicle, get a little gas heater, fill some hot water bottles, get flannel sheets and sleep in thermals. Get a curtain it since sort of divider to separate the cockpit of your vehicle from your sleeping/living space so you don't lose as much heat through your windshield.
>>
>>1154073
It matters huge, try going into a beach community looking like a homeless in a schoolie.
You will be chased out on the pronto.
stealth van? no problemo
By stealth I mean no more than 5 years old.
You are treated differently . Its all about how the rules get enforced
>>
>>1154058
>>1154070
Good info guys. Is it better to buy a used van and convert it or buy an already converted camper van? I've seen a few good looking already converted vans but there running around 10-20k, not sure how much it'd cost to do all the conversions yourself.
>>
>>1154088
Research, watch videos, make plans, get quotes on materials and research some more. My best mate runs a business where he makes vans and he always says there trick is to keep it simple. I've seen him do $900 jobs that look simple and comfy, I've also seen him get customers throw $20k at him and demand crazy shit like hot water systems, heated floors, electric ovens and the works.

Look at lots of builds, videos, photos. Get ideas for what you want in yours, go from there. If you have the time but not so much money then do it yourself, or vice versa.
>>
File: IMAG2242.jpg (1.02 MB, 1520x2688)
1.02 MB
1.02 MB JPG
>>1154083
I go everywhere in big ass ridiculous vehicles looking 'like a homeless'
No one gives me any shit. I don't know why you'd try and spread fear instead of helping people be less worried.
If I can go wherever I want without hassle then anyone can.
>>1154088
You can buy a vehicle in good condition, then from there it's all about what you want in it. Showers, sinks, stoves and shit? Gonna cost you. A bed and some storage? Pennies.
Most of what i'd look at is availability of parts, maintenance etc. You can find a 350 engine anywhere, but a 460 is gonna have you searching for example. Make sure you research the specific models.
10k would be reasonable to me for a completely redone van (including shit under the hood) but any more than that and you may as well DIY. That's making it look function as a mini rv as well. If your van has all the bells and whistles it'll let you register and insure it as a motorhome which will save you money.
I got good deals, but my school bus will end up having less than 5k in it when i'm done renovating. That's 3kish from buying it and mechanical fixin and about 1.5k for redoing the interior.
>>
>>1154115
>>1154088
You could do a ghetto sink with a hand/foot pump , a couple of hoses, a faucet, use an old stainless steel mixing bowl for the sink, make a hole in it, use some big water jugs for fresh water and grey water.

For a shower you can get those camping ones, basically a black plastic/canvas bag you fill with water and leave in the sun for a couple hours or pour some warm water into. Gym showers or beach showers I hear a lot of people swear by too.

As far as I can tell it's the crazy shit like hot water systems, solar panels is what costs the fat stacks.

https://youtu.be/3xdciQuY19I
This guy is a bit of a douche but does a simple build in a day with just shit from home Depot. No insulation and my only beef is he doesn't secure the bed frame to anything.

Nate Murphy also had a $100 camper conversion vid I think.
>>
>>1154115
>If I can go wherever I want without hassle then anyone can.
Like to see you try that in malibu mate.
The beach communities on the west coast do not for a second put up with hippies.
You are giving people bullshit info .
Fucking homeless egomaniac.
Fuck me , why am i arguing with a god damn homelessmun.
>>
>>1152105
>
Holy fuck you seem retarded.

you: "i have no opinions because someone else might not like them"
>>
>>1152105
kys autist
>>
I did it in Iceland because we brought my wife's little brother. Its meh. Rather be in a tent or hammock.
>>
File: IMG_20170428_165635.jpg (701 KB, 1601x2037)
701 KB
701 KB JPG
>>1154145
Electric systems cost a bunch. Solar, batteries, any of it drives the cost way up.
If you aren't picky then living in any vehicle will be super easy. Lack of space is really the only thing that bothers me after living in something for a long time. I'm glad I ended up with the bus, but the van I had was also pretty damn great. If you can stand in it, it's like paradise on wheels.
>>1154152
>malibu
been there, left quick, always do. Are you under the impression that most people care about this as much as you seem to?
>The beach communities on the west coast do not for a second put up with hippies.
I'm not a hippie and i'd wager the people ITT aren't either
>You are giving people bullshit info .
Nope
Turns out your hot opinions aren't reflected in real life. As long as you aren't a huge piece of shit, no one bothers you. You can try and say I'm a huge piece of shit, but surely not everyone else ITT. I'd wager most of the people living/looking to live in their vehicle around here are less of a social annoyance than I am. It stands to reason that they will not be fucked with as well. The most common fuckery I get is from people calling the police on me. Turns out I'm not doing anything illegal and they leave me alone every time. I got one parking ticket, and one warning in 3 years of living in different vehicles all over the country.
>>
>>1154166
Where was that photo taken? The landscape is familiar - I'm from Florida, but it reminds me of some of the places I visited in Washington.
>>
File: IMG_20170428_163142.jpg (951 KB, 2465x1864)
951 KB
951 KB JPG
>>1154175
Rialto/Mora beach, Olympic near La Push.
Not gonna lie I went there over La Push because of /out/ memes, turns out it's a lot nicer.
Washington is a great fucking place.
>>
>>1154155
>>1154157
why do people without relevant topics of discussion continue posting? do you get off on derailing generals, or are you just retarded hotheads who can't resist shitting up every single thread on every single board with your bullshit?
>>
>>1154160
>don't ever talk to me or my wife's little brother again
>>
>>1154179
Ah, I see. Makes sense. I hope to get pics of me and my pupper there some day.
>>
What are some problems to look for when buying a used cargo van?
>>
File: IMG_20170428_163601.jpg (626 KB, 1910x2540)
626 KB
626 KB JPG
>>1154209
If you're driving make sure to take 2 through the state instead of 90. It's a million times better.
>>1154210
Rust, shitty repairs, leaks, suspension. Availability of replacement parts. If it doesn't have air check the heater core, it can go randomly and leak out all your coolant. Better to just loop the line back to the radiator or just take it out. Under the hood look for leaks. Check the gaskets on everything for RTV and the like. Look over the transmission for leaks. Check the wheels for brake fluid. Inside inspect for water damage. As always listen to the engine for knocks, rattles, and ask for maintenance history. If you buy from a city auction you can usually have the maintenance records. Jim bob selling his dads van that's been parked in a field out back for 10 years though...
Don't pay too much. There's a shit ton of vehicles out there. Make sure you get what you want and that it's mechanically sound and doesn't leak.
>>
>>1154195
Because people give them (You)s. Shitposters are addicted to replies like a hooker is to meth.
>>
>>1154195

>why do people without relevant topics of discussion continue posting?

Like (you)?
>>
So what are the pros and cons of van v.s. bus v.s. trailer?
>>
>>1148019
I'm over 6 foot and have gone across the country in a small SUV, was very comfortable and had plenty of room. I'd recommend getting a pickup truck with a cap or something like an Xterra if you want to actually make a dope setup for yourself, that you can also take offroad. You can put the back seats down and lay down a foam mattress, comfy as fuck. Rig up some cargo storage, black out curtains. Nothing like waking up in the morning and the first thing you see if a group of elk bedded down outside your window.
>>
>>1154298
touche
>>
>>1154818
Van more stealthy and agile, but smallest
Bus harder to park, more obvious, less agile but had the most room
Trailer is a trailer.
>>
File: rsz_img_20170430_104317.jpg (136 KB, 1134x711)
136 KB
136 KB JPG
>>1154818
>van
Cheap. Small. Conversion vans can be REALLY nice and well insulated. Work vans big and empty, ready for DIY shit without you having to do much prep. Easiest to work on/get worked on. Best availability of parts, especially for older models. Great for one or two close people. Can park it on the street. General public will think you live in a van by the river and leave you alone.
>bus
Biggest, even a short bus like mine has much more room than the biggest van. Being able to stand up in it is great. 4 window short bus can fit into parking stalls but no bus can be parked on the street. Small gas engine bus will be easy to find parts for, not so easy to find a shop that can work on it. Bigger diesel buses are a pain in the ass to get fixed, if you're taking one to a shop you can guarantee they will try and rape you. Bus also very very easy to do DIY interior stuff. Anchor points everywhere, thing is rated to be able to roll and not collapse. Safest option. Driving something that big can be a bitch if you're not very experienced. Easiest to get titled and insured as a motor home, saving you $$$. General public will come and talk to you about your bus, people love it. Sky is the limit with a bus, you can even add a second story. Highest quality of life in a non RV for the best price.
>DIY trailer
I'm not gonna touch on fifth wheels or fancy trailers. Everyone knows they're nice.
Trailer can be as small or as big as you want. You have to register it. Possible to fit whatever you want into it, make it as nice or as barebones as you want. Keep passengers out of your living space. Can't park anywhere, can leave the trailer places. I've seen people go hunting/exploring from walmarts and just leave the trailer at the store, come back to it at night. General public just ignores trailers as far as I can tell so as far as public acceptance goes trailers win. Having a truck to pull it with gives you the most options of the three. It's also the most expensive option.
>>
File: rsz_20170512_133735.jpg (124 KB, 1280x768)
124 KB
124 KB JPG
>>1155221
I'll try and touch on prices too.
Generally it seems for a DIY low end live in project you're going to want around 2k to start out. That's mostly to buy the vehicle/trailer and get it road ready. You can do insanely cheap builds depending on how minimalist you want to go. Private sale used van is probably the cheapest you can find. Used vans from dealerships may offer maintenance records, but dealerships are ALWAYS overpriced. Many times the vans you see there are bought from city/county auction and they're just trying to flip them. You can really afford to be picky with your van, there are so many options out there. With 2k you will have access to probably 80% of used vans.
Used school bus tends to start around the 2.5-3k range. Used transit bus starts around 3k. I'd have 5 put back to buy a bus, anything you end up needing to fix (non DIY) will be way more expensive here. That said I have a smidge over 3k into mine after buying a brand new engine. The deals are out there, it's always worth looking hard to find what you want.
Trailers are stupidly expensive. If you're wanting to DIY a flatbed or a toy hauler trailer you'll be spending just as much on the trailer as you would be buying a van or even a cheap bus. To DIY a flatbed you'll have to build to codes and all the lumber and metal will end up being expensive. Re-doing a toy hauler/standard black trailer you see everywhere is way more cost efficient. Just buy the trailer and you're set. Nothing mechanical to fix, long as there's no leaks you can just start building.
>>
File: 4-Berth-Campervan.jpg (429 KB, 2765x1909)
429 KB
429 KB JPG
>>1148510
Thank you.
>>
>>1155984
Am I the only one who doesn't like stuff like this? It looks like a dollhouse. I mean, we're /out/ right? Then why do people like to stay in their house, but then seem to want to make their house 6x smaller to stay in it somewhere else? Haven't we all been camping? Surely the perceived luxury here is unnecessary and more a hindrance to living a different lifestyle as you'll inevitably just resort to sitting in your camper where before you sat in your bedroom?
>>
>>1156021

Do long time camping and you understand why. I think the design is done because most people who buy these, especially the more expensive ones, are urban people. In addition to that, most camping stuff is made to be portable, but in a vehicle like that you can go with more massive stuff. If you do camping for any prolonged time you will migrate towards more local stuff, as it's sturdier and often easier to use.
>>
>>1156047
This, more intended for long term loving, urbanites, rich, old people or a combo of the above.
I live in Aus and a mate of mine gets rich boomers throw him $200k to renovate/build vehicles like this for oldfags to do drive around the country retirement trips.
>>
File: 1507281434987.jpg (460 KB, 2157x1481)
460 KB
460 KB JPG
>>1156047
It really is cool to have a proper place to cook, keep books, keep bikes and other gear, cover huge distances and stay in at sub zero temperatures and horrific storms. Plus, the lifestyle adaption that comes is pretty good, you get so sick of the van that you constantly go outside and go to the gym or climbing, and if you work at home, you tend to go out and work in the outdoors on a bench, or go to a coffee shop or bar to do your work (I drawfag for a living), which is much better than rotting in your mom's basement. Another lifestyle adaption is that vans fucking stink if you're not careful, so you get used to doing your washing up straight away, cleaning up regularly, keeping things tidy, giving away any superfluous junk, and practising good hygeine. I was a NEET before I moved into my sprinter and now I feel like I have my shit together far more than when I actually had a NEET attic room at home, despite the fact that I am technically homeless. Just driving out to nature when I feel the depression coming on, and actually having a routine, unoptional access to the wider world and basic necessary maintenance really improved me as a person.

I agree, those camper vans look like dogshit and are always a nightmare, but there are enough hipster fucks instagramming their #vanlife that you can find a better setup that looks nicer and does everything you want (or don't want) for a fraction

Vanlife is bretty good while you're young, don't do it if you're going to have a serious relationship and then kids soon, I couldn't imagine sharing a tiny box with a woman for longer than a few days, let alone a baby (but then again most instagram hipster vanlifers are antinatal hedonistic fucks who probably have an open relationship or think it's misogynistic to tell their woman to back off and get your own space for a while or something)
>>
>>1156264
>>1156268

From what I researched so far the best setup for urban vanlife is a sprinter van in plain white with a bed in the back section and a kitchen on the left side, all made from bamboo instead of wood, so it stays clean longer.

>lovely pair with a slight crackhead vibe, just can't stop laughing about the mimics this guy has
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooOoDx2NxkU

>"this is where our tribe is" - nuff said
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sLQ-2rCdmw

>I feel like I have my shit together far more than when I actually had a NEET attic room at home

Irony is, there's something called puberty where young individuals develop extreme motivation to be independent but are forcefully held back by society, keeping them stuck in school and their parents home until about 18-21, leading to all kinds of conflicts and burning up whatever energy and motivation they had. Then, after graduation and long year shit in the family, they are factually or indirectly "kicked out" and left alone with the responsibility for their life that often doesn't look that nice after this whole ordeal. It's completely anachronistic.

People should get their own apartment at about 13, do all kinds of projects to figure out what they want to do for a few years, then finish some education degree FOR THAT and then progress further. Also don't lie so much about life, tell children about taxes, death and how most relationships fail and why. Don't let people run blindly into the knife.

Rant over. Also, Jeffy has the best van.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJY9XGJcuqM
>>
>>1149098
In San Francisco rents of $5k a month are common. I am grateful to only pat $2900, but it's more than I take home each month. Luckily my wife works too.

I do want a basic camping van. I have a few ideas of what I'd like to do- a bed, a workstation, and a place to put my mtn bike inside. I'd like to retire and just drive around for a year.
>>
>>1156517
I don't get why at that point people don't just move out of the city, but you can tell that they're so hopefully addicted to their daily Starbucks frappes. Fuck the city, seriously.
I have two houses, one's free but kinda long commute and the other I only pay $300/month but it's next to work so it's worth paying a bit to walk 2 min to work.
>>
>>1156517
>In San Francisco
Found your problem.
>>
>>1156517
If you're not in a very high-paying job, get the hell out of that place you dumb urbanite
>>
>>1147593
this guy is 100% correct but everyone is going to be upset because they spent more money on an interior van kitchen which looks cool on IG but is absolutely shit to use
>>
>>1153981
not to burst your bubble but if you arent getting laid in normal society you arent going to get laid anywhere else

girls are magically attracted to ugly guys because they are dirty
>>
>>1156517
>over $1000 a month
>more than your monthly salary
>still lives there

Checks out. You're retarded.
>>
>>1156683
>he thinks you cant fuck easy hippie sluts
anon i have news for you, you can fuck easy hippie sluts. no matter how many normie girls rejected you.
>>
>>1148510
Seriously thinking about getting a sprinter 4x4 to tour europe in whilst I work remotely.
>>
File: file.png (65 KB, 815x309)
65 KB
65 KB PNG
>>1150687
>>
>>1151711

Heated blanket?
>>
File: 1513167242837-157101791.jpg (1.65 MB, 3264x1836)
1.65 MB
1.65 MB JPG
I'm living in my e350 van in Kentucky as we speak.

No bills except phone and insurance. Gasoline is my "rent" expense.

It's cold here but I'm warm inside playing vidya watching YouTube and hiking on warmer days.

Start cheap to test the waters it's not a life for everyone. Watch YouTube vids.
>>
>>1158294
How do you get internet? Shower? Charge stuff?

I'd do this but with a house boat.
>>
>>1158294
>jelly in the pb
fucking van life savages everyone
>>
>>1158315
You can shower at truck stops, gyms, laundromats in certain towns etc. But I'm guessing van-livers don't care that much about regular showers every other day.
>>
>>1158315
Dropping this here again. Don't let the RV in the website name fool you, the guy that runs the site lives in a van. This place is a goldmine for everything you ever wanted to know about living full time in a vehicle of any description.
http://www.cheaprvliving.com/
>>
>>1158315
>Internet
Free WiFi hotspots or phone data

>Shower
Gyms, portable camping showers (can mcgyver one out of a hose and a black pvc pipe) or lakes n rivers.

>Charge stuff
Solar panels, or can charge up batteries off the alternator
>>
File: first ford1.jpg (65 KB, 1023x707)
65 KB
65 KB JPG
>>1147456
>What is the /out opinion on van life?
i miss it very much.
I could live like this forever but I have a kid now so I have to stop.
>>
>>1158764
>not have qt3.14 wife who loves the same life you do
>not teaching your kid about the things you love
do i sense custody issues or public education here?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.