[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/out/ - Outdoors

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: new-year-quotes.jpg (72 KB, 800x617)
72 KB
72 KB JPG
What are your /out/ goals for the new year? Going /out/ more? Visit new places? Improving your skills and buying better gear? Shitpost here ad nauseam?

Regardless of what it may be I hope you achieve them all
>>
I want to dayhike the Presidential Traverse in the White Mountains.
>>
File: 2017.jpg (103 KB, 456x448)
103 KB
103 KB JPG
In 2017 I had a great year for making nature recordings. This year I've got a second rig and ambitious plans. Once things warm up I'll be recording 24/7.
>>
File: Oregon.jpg (2.45 MB, 3024x4032)
2.45 MB
2.45 MB JPG
getting properly /out/ more frequently and paring down a middling-duration kit
>>
To kill myself while /out/, make it look like I got lost and died on a solo hike so that my family thinks I died doing something adventurous instead of just ending my problems the coward's way.
>>
File: 20170702_154846.png (345 KB, 409x592)
345 KB
345 KB PNG
>>1170467
I will shitpost with you for 2018, faggot.
>>
>>1170551
Go on a foggy day, guy. It's godly out there in the fog
>>
>>1170639
What kind of problems do you have?
>>
>>1170467
Finish fixing up my house, sell it, and move full time into my rv. /out for life.
>>
>>1170643
>2018+1
>caring
Kys.
>>
>>1170641
I know, man. I backpacked it last summer but I'm hoping that when the warm weather comes I'll be in shape to do the whole thing in a day. It's a real bitch. Something like 20k feet of cumulative elevation change and 20 something miles.
>>
>>1170643
The ones where I tell internet cheerleaders to fuck off.
>>
>>1170654
Doing that now. Wish I'd done it 20yrs sooner. Good luck!
>>
>>1170630
What kind of mics?
>>
>>1170756
You too!
>>
>>1170639
Are you ill? If not don't do it, anon. There's always light at the end of the tunnel, doesn't matter how deep you may be.
>>
Quit my job and try to become a guide.

I've had enough of this corporate life.
>>
I'm gonna climb more, hike at least 5 peaks this year, and go backpacking for a week in the Wilmore Wilderness.
>>
>>1170467
I'm spending the first half of 2018 in Europe, going to try to get into mountaineering, looking at gear now.
>>
File: Achewater.gif (11 KB, 521x235)
11 KB
11 KB GIF
>>1170467
Improve my vegetable garden, increase its size, yield, and growing period. Go to Zion national park cause Fallout New Vegas. Long-shot goal is fit in time to learn hunting.
>>
>>1170467
Continue getting through college so I can get as far out as possible with my job. Hopefully able to live in seclusion
>>
Finally get a piece of land to call my own.
>>
>>1170758
Audio-technica BP4029 so it's a Mid-Side shotgun. There's an easy mode with internal matrixing, but my new recorder (pic rel) can record the raw channels and generate M/S tracks with still another phantom mic channel left for whatever else. I've got 2 months to figure out how I want to configure this thing before the songbirds, frogs and insects resume their chorus. Meanwhile there's 2.67 TB of 2017 audio that I should be going through.
>>
>>1170467
I’m moving to Arizona from Washington soon to hot ass Phoenix and this year I’m gonna save up money and buy a cabin in flagstaff away from crowds of people and near all the /out/ shit.
>>
move to out of charlotte, nc

considering:
portland, or
asheville, nc
seattle, wa
denver, co
salt lake city, ut
>>
>>1171399
and burlington, vt
>>
File: _-_fe7706_-_fe-0066_1.jpg (320 KB, 1353x756)
320 KB
320 KB JPG
I thought we already had this thread?
Here is my answer from the last one.

I hope this year is the year we can finally get some progress going on the MGTOW commune going. There is money, there are people willing to move in once the ball is rolling , but not enough people to lay the groundwork with imagineering.
So I will spend time doing some brainstorming, maybe stArt a new thread.
I know there are more than a few MGTOW here these days and I hope you will help keep this idea fresh in peoples minds.
In the early days there were only three and it was tough going.
Many hands make light work anons.
>>
File: power.jpg (93 KB, 487x308)
93 KB
93 KB JPG
>>1171404
Are girls allowed?
>>
Doing longer camping trips mostly did overnighters wanna do about a week long trip sometime
>>
File: 1512852563187.jpg (56 KB, 720x508)
56 KB
56 KB JPG
>>1171404

>/out/ist commune
>MGTOW

I would be for this but I am not an autistic incel. I just want a nice /out/ist settlement without bitter virgins.
>>
>>1171156
>save up $240k min, for 800sq ft

Luck. You would be the first person ever in the state to have that idea!
>>
>>1171521
>without bitter virgins
Even worse anon, its a bunch of divorced middle aged men.
Oh the horror.
Come visit once its set up anon, we are not so bad.
>>
>>1170467

kinda meaningless goals, but goals none the less

>make caviar from sturgeon I caught myself
>swim from the shore to the island of the lake I stay at up in Wisconsin
>catch my first muskie
>visit several new state parks/forests
>go out west
>learn to ride a horse

its all pretty easy stuff, but its stuff i've never gotten the chance to do. There isn't really much /out/ to do here other than fishing and hunting, and I am ok with that.
>>
>>1171414

>physical attractiveness peaks at 14

shit chart desu.
>>
>>1171404

where's the mailing list or whatever
>>
>>1171527
>physical attractiveness not equalling reproductive ability

What is a woman to you?
One that's hitting her second or third wall?
>>
>>1171527
>>
>>1171574
>perpetuating this garbage
I know I know....taking the bait.
>>
>>1170467
Flying to the US in March to attempt the AT! Hiked my first long tail this summer, a 500 miles high mountain route. I've got so my gear already and my money saved. Just working to build up a buffet till March now.
By the end of my hike this summer I was hitting 30+ mile days. Fingers crossed I keep injury free.
>>
>>1171522
Thanks mate, i know it sounds stupid but I’ll be close to my family in Phoenix and be still rock the cold.
>>
Start school, get fast degree, buy land, build farmhouse or cabin, garden, and fish. 2018-2025 goals
>>
File: 1514842517810.jpg (17 KB, 540x303)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
>>1171574
No one realizes it but the Chinese are years ahead of us on every front.
They have an average is of 108 and are home to over 50 million geniuses .
Add to that the fact that they have the balls to tell women the truth and you can easily see we are outmatched beyond comprehension.
Better teach your kids Chinese.
>>
>>1172008
Add to that a Master Plan to dominate the world.... on a 300yr time frame and yes! Starting with control of the Panama canal (check), control of rare earths in Africa (check) and sleeping under a Red moon (next).!

Start liking Peking Duck over NY Strip!
>>
>>1172008
A chink won't fuck you either you pathetic faggot.
>>
>>1172035
>>1172008
Rather have the chinks in charge than the chosen people desu.
>>
i want to be able to hang from a tree branch and bang out five pull ups. i dont think in my entire life i have ever been able to do a full pull up but i spent 3 days a week after work in the gym for the past 3 months and meet with a trainer one of the weeks and im getting pretty close. apparently ive gone my entire life with engaging my lats... which are in my back... and somehow make pull ups possible.
>>
>>1172058
*trainer one day a week
>>
>>1172058
What like one handed pull-ups?

How can you not do ONE two handed pull-up?
>>
>>1172058
>my lats... which are in my back
Dude! Thats where mine are too!
>>
>>1172063
Nah. I’ve always carried an extra 20 lbs (except that 2 years I was a coke head) and my hobbies have always involved my legs and core. I. Can hop up into them but from a dead hang it just doesn’t happen. I’m working on it. I’m gunna try one without the elastic tonight. I’ll update you

>>1172077
Get it doggggg
>>
>>1171533
>>physical attractiveness not equalling reproductive ability
we are not animals
>>
>>1170467
I want to solo backpack at least two nights.

For shitties, I bought some cheap surplus snowpants and galoshes and plan on mucking around snow all semester.
(LOOK AT THESE PRICES): https://www.keepshooting.com/danish-rubber-boots.html
>>
>>1172109
Yes, we are.
>>
My one goal is to actually go /out/ and not just buy gear that stays in the closet.
>>
>>1172111
Nicely shilled. Good (cheap) pricing. Except for the German WWII Afrika Corp repo desert boots.
>>
>>1172109
Speak for yourself, robot.
>>
>>1172137
Oops sorry I didn't mean to shill

I literally just found this website and ordered a buncha shit from them. Time will tell if I actually receive a decent product or not.
>>
>>1171649
fuckin nice, good luck brah

>>1172058
good luck, first pullup is a good feel.
once you can do a single, don't fuck about with assisted variations (though some lat pulldowns and curls on another day are acceptable), just do lots of reps. imo at least.
>>
>get a job with the feds, preferably wildland fire or fuels but also looking at trails
>despite lolgradschool
>also be in really good shape (see http://www.sawtoothhotshots.org/Fitness.html, "crew averages", ignore the minima those are for diversity requirements) and fix possible foot injuries

also mfw my dad and his friend are gonna go climb a 14er
>>
>>1170467
To go /out/ more, more day trips
More Overnighters
More solo stuff
Drink less alcohol
Carve/whitle more
More nights under a tarp
provide more OC for /out/

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.