[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/out/ - Outdoors

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: Fleece.jpg (890 KB, 1569x1915)
890 KB
890 KB JPG
All I know about outdoor clothing is don't wear cotton and it's best to wear wool, silk, nylon, polyester.

This is polyester and looks warm to me, Should I pick it up; Usually I just layer up and try to keep out of the rain
>>
>>1171210
Check the LJSs general
>>
Well I bought it anyway
>>
"cotton kills" is just a meme
>>
>>1172091
BOY tell me how it is it looks nice
>>1172096
no its not but people really misinterpret what it means sometimes
>>
Cotton makes me want to kill myself in the boundary waters. Shit gets wet then stays wet forever. And cotton is so fucking uncomfortable when it's wet.
>>
>>1172098
It looks warm and functional, They have other colors too
>>
File: s-l1600.jpg (302 KB, 1202x1458)
302 KB
302 KB JPG
>>1172136
>>
>>1172140
is that just high pile fleece? what's the liner?
>>
>>1172096
Fucking fleece kills, man!

No lie, I knew this one dude and they found him one morning totally dead wearing like a fleece thing! Totally true, anons!

Fleece, man, don't like, even once man!
>>
>>1172098
yes it is. cotton is really good material for clothing when you use it in right places. i have been wearing cotton gorka for years as an all-season top layer garment and it has never caused me any problems.
any idiot should realize that it isn't good idea to go running around sweating in wet autumn forest wearing nothing but jeans and t-shirt.
>>
>>1172279
i would actually be more worried about fleece than cotton. when that thing catches fire when you're wearing it you either die or wish you had.
>>
Anyone can tell me how to get warm with wool?
I feel like im dying of cold with my wool blanket even when rolling myself like a cigar in it and that's just in my home. I also have a few wool based clothing i found but i dunno if it's meant to be something worn as an inner layer or something
>>
>>1172451
I think wool is more responsive as active wear. For example if youre out working in the rain its going to hold onto the heat you generate.
If youre laying still I dont think its effective for what you want, I assume youre trying to save money on heating bill. even a shiity cotton sweater will work better than a wool blanket if youre just lurking indoors.
>>
File: 1443375211266.png (738 KB, 592x556)
738 KB
738 KB PNG
Thanks op this fleece looks like something i was looking for.
>>
>>1172275
>extra-chunky deep-pile construction
The pocket and trim is 55% and then some poly and acrylic, No Liner.
>>1172450
I've gone my entire life so far without catching alight and think I can continue the trend
>>
>>1172451
I have a huge pendleton wool blanket but its useless on its own, breathes too much to retain heat. I usually put a tight weave cotton blanket or quilt on top of it to trap in the heat.
>>
>>1172275
craghopper is eu budget tier gear.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.