[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/out/ - Outdoors

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 86 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor applications are now closed. Thank you to everyone who applied!

seem to see a lot of people wearing these hiking in the PNW, are they a meme?
>>
>>1171633
that jacket is gay as fug nigga
>>
>>1171633
Nothing beats a good puffy at the end of the day. I wouldn't hike in one though, I'd overheat in a second. A good down jacket will extend your sleep system nicely as well.
>>
>>1171633
They’re super comfy and keep you warm. Just make sure to have a shell over it if it’s raining.
>>
A super important piece in a good layering system. Down has the best warmth to weight ratio of any insulation and packs down small.
>>
>>1171633
ive carried one of these for years, even in deepest summer as a pillow, that can double as a super warm piece of clothing.
>>
>>1171646
>>1171731
>>1171641
>>1171736
A key layer, I spent extra for. But do like the Mnt HW shown itt.
>>
File: Down for downies.jpg (436 KB, 1865x874)
436 KB
436 KB JPG
>>1171633
Down is fucking awesome. However, the style that is used with 99% of the down jackets looks fucking terrible. I mean look at the shit in this google image search "down jacket". Looks like utter shit with all that ribbed/quilted bullshit. They need an outer shell that's not quilted to them. You know, like regular jackets. Like the one I enlarged and put a red square around, which is in fact a down jacket. A sensible one.

I also think people who wear the ribbed/quilted ones that are this fashion nightmare have something wrong/different with how they think and act. Whenever I meet someone who actually wears one of those things they always ALWAYS act "odd". Like when you see a legit retard who doesn't want his ears touched and wears ear muffs 24/7/365. Not exactly that extreme level of "odd" but certainly someone I don't like being around because it feels like being pulled into some surreal Twilight Zone of social interaction that is repulsive in weird ways.
>>
>>1171747
What an odd anon.
>>
>>1171749
Was about to say.
>>
>>1171633
>>1171639
Gotta agree. They seem comfy tho but I would rather get a nice thick wool shirt
>>
>>1171633
I have a Mont down jacket that the army issued me, it is super comfy and warm but it's probably 2-3 sizes too big. I was thinking of getting it tailored to a smaller size
>>
>>1171747

I like ribbed design more than dadcore that you outlined.
>>
File: icancounttopotato.jpg (78 KB, 800x450)
78 KB
78 KB JPG
>>1171749
>>1171750
>>1171766
>>
they're great as a midlayer over a fleece and under a shell for subzero temps. otherwise I'd go for something lighter for hiking, wool or synthetic fleece. they are nice for camp jackets though, they'll warm you up when you're not doing a lot of moving.
>>
>>1171747
I know exactly what you mean. Those flabby puffers are some goofy fucking jackets and there's definitely a certain something about the people that wear them.
>>
I have the Ghost Whisper it's held up well and kept me alive and warm enough. Mostly use the Rabbit Xenon X, I prefer synthetic.
>>
>>1171805
Rab. Auto text
>>
>>1171791
a modern down jacket is far lighter than anything but the gauziest wool sweater. a good down jacket with a hood typically weighs in under 1lb, and will pack up small too.
>>
>>1171633
in the PNW, synthetic insulation like primaloft or thermoball should be considered if you're going to be below the snow line. it's so damp and often rainy that down can get saturated over long trips.

for everyday wear, and something I throw into my bag when I go hiking i use synthetic. if I'm going on a longer trip, I'll look at the weather to see what I should bring.
>>
>>1171633
it would be like pointed a loaded gun at your head if you wore one of those while welding or grinding. or burning garbage or similar things

synthetic outside down inside
>>
>>1171802
>>1171747
What is up with that super slick material they are always coated in? It feels weird and sounds weirder. You can hear someone wearing one of those things 5 times further away than someone wearing something with normal material.

I think the worst offenders are the puffy vests, especially the blue ones. The only times I see those are when they are in a bargain bin or being worn by homeless people and weirdos.
>>
>>1171903
The synthetic ones are fucking terrible. Someone bought me one for xmas when I was a child. That thing was so full of burn holes I'm surprised I'm alive today. That was just from loading up the wood stove.
>>
>>1171633

Down is great for keeping you warm but if it gets wet, it’s worse than useless so unless the down jacket/coat zips into a waterproof GoreTex shell, I wouldn’t get one.
>>
>>1171927
i could believe someone from out would actually succeed in getting one saturated to the point it was "useless".
try hand washing one sometimes to see how easy this is.
>>
why don't we just wear some good canvas
>>
>>1171633
I like em as under layers. Hate them as my outer most later. I'd just parrot other anon's about the benefits of them. That said this one seems to be different, not from an outdoor gear company but Uniqlo seems to make good stuff and is only one I know of that has a seamless design though idk if it's durable. Want a test and review?
https://www.uniqlo.com/us/en/men-seamless-down-coat-400512.html
>>1171747
Where I'm from this is the trend now. Almost everyone has either one of these puffy coats or something that resembles a a Canada goose parka.
>>1171906
People like shiny, so think of it as jacket polish.
>>
>>1171938
I take it your outings involve using a pooper scooper.
>>
>>1171938

Do you regularly bring a clothes drier with you inna woods?

Because if you don’t have a GoreTex shell over that down jacket and it rains, I guarantee that you will be cold, wet and miserable.

Down is a great insulator but unlike wool or even cheep polyester, its useless when wet and water "resistant" ain't going to cut it, any shell or outerlayer needs to be waterPROOF.
>>
>>1171962
>>1171906
no its not just because "people like shiny" dingus, what you're mostly seeing is the coating applied to the fabric to give it some water resistance. A lot of these packable down jackets use something like Pertex Quantum fabric, which in my use I've found to be too susceptible to tears and abrasion.
>>
>>1171747
Baffles are lighter and more packable. Good if you're actually going /out/

Stop being stupid
>>
>>1171747
you dont go /out/ do you
>>
>>1171747
Is this a pasta now?
>>
>>1172104
It isn't a coating. It is just how synthetic material like that feels.

>>1172112
>>1172115
>>1172117
It is shit, looks like shit, and will always be shit. Wear a real coat with a real outershell that can be water proof that also happens to be down. Not that /fa/ abomination bullshit.
>>
File: 1514959014656.jpg (37 KB, 307x326)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
>>1172112
>>1172115
>meanwhile
>>
Does anyone have the picture of that miserable looking ultralighter in a puffy coat and some gay shorts, hunched near a tiny paper-thin tarp
>>
File: ulwfag.jpg (92 KB, 600x441)
92 KB
92 KB JPG
>>1172142
I love this pic so much.
>>
File: 1483871742297.jpg (20 KB, 375x263)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
Am I wrong in assuming that the perfect system is wool, down, and gore-tex?
>>
>>1172156
No.

Unless you baselayer silk under wool, like me.
>>
>>1172159
I read somewhere that wool base layers tend to adjust to body temperature, rather than heating up excessively.

I usually get really hot when I'm exercising in the cold weather, so I'm looking for something that will stay at exactly the right temperature.
>>
>>1172133
it is a coating though, I have a Patagonia Fitz Roy parka and it has the DWR coating on the upper body/hood but not the torso. it's the same fabric but it's only shiny on the top.
also, you idiot, those are baffles, to prevent the down from moving around and creating cold spots. they're not trying to be a fashion statement you fool. plus, why would you wear a hardshell coat when you don't need it? it's unnecessary weight. it's far better to have the option to slip a hard shell over your down if it rains/snows rather than have a less versatile garment.
>>
>>1172164
Wool base layers are ultra thin. You can still overheat in them. I have a merino wool base layer. Sometimes I just want to strip down to the base layer and keep working. That's around 20F or so. Any colder and it is just a matter of managing zippers and head gear.
>>
>>1172172
>you idiot, those are baffles,

You mouth breathing retard. you can still have t hose, just under another layer. Exactly like every other down coat that isn't puffy as shit on the outside. There's even an example in >>1171747

The absolute state of downy downs posting ITT is at absurd levels. I bet you batonny chop chop too.
>>
>>1172155
>typical downs poster.jpg
>>
>>1172177
because sometimes you don't need a hardshell faggot. a hardshell like that restricts your movement, and if it's not actively precipitating there's no reason to have it. if you're cross country skiing in -10° weather that's not snowing, it's a hell of a lot better to have just the down and not the shell. use your fucking head
>>
>>1172155
Thanks anon that's just the one, it's Christmas all over again
>>
>>1172190
Are you implying that it's possible to wear some sort of waterproof shell IN ADDITION to a down jacket? What kind of sorcery is this?
>>
>>1172242
and - get this - it makes it more versatile! truly the wonders of modern science.
>>
>>1172190
>bringing two jackets
>advocating ultralightism

Which is it, kid?
>>
>itt, /out/posers show their fakieness
t. Sonora desert, puffy err' morn.
>>
>>1172270
Not even him.

Puffy, ul.
Hardshell, ul.

WAY lighter than my other 6 coats, parka and jackets!

t. Arc'trex puffy, Go light hardshell
>>
>>1172276
I'd rather have a waterproof hardshell with down insulation, than look like a monumental faggot from a 1983 music video.
>>
>>1172283
Spoken like a fair weather outdoorsman.
>>
>>1172270
I'm not explicitly advocating UL, you read that into it. although, as >>1172276 said, it often is lighter than that dumbass autism coat. what I was saying is that it's far better to have two jackets and the choices and versatility contained therein.
this whole thing could be avoided, however, by saying you are a total fag for caring how you look while /out/
>>
>>1171633
>3 degrees out
>still wearing my columbia rain jacket
>>
File: 20180103_200858.jpg (474 KB, 1600x1200)
474 KB
474 KB JPG
>>1172276
I'll say it once more...

>>1171948 eww
>London Fog
>down filled canvas duck
NEVER WEAR IT.
>>
File: 20180103_200938.jpg (550 KB, 1600x1200)
550 KB
550 KB JPG
>>1172293
Arc'trex and Golight shell missing, because NOT IN CLOSET.
>>
>>1172295
Second from rt, Smartwool hoodie. Lub it!
First from left, Aquascutum /fa/ meme trench. Yardsale for $10USD! Didn't know what they HAD!
>>
>>1172283
Such is my London Fog.

Never wear it! Too heavy, bulky and noisy as compared to my Arc'trex Cerium hybrid. (Down and synth in pits and wrists).

But, hey! Don't listen. I've donated more coats, jackets and parkas than you see here.
>>
>>1172295
>ghost moon grey
This is actually an /out/score! Anon advised Kohls down blowout @ ~$20USD. Sorted through by stroking top to bottom for puffy ribs.

Sorry Yanks! Grey beat blue that day!
Not my color, but @ $20, it grew on me quick!

>mfw, muh shit down jak
>>
File: 84767_VIK.jpg (86 KB, 750x750)
86 KB
86 KB JPG
>>1171633
What does \out\ think of Patagonia?
I love my ultra light down hoody, and they make amazing fleeces, R1 and R2 fleeces are perfection
>>
>>1172295
>drk blu on blu
Mountain Hardware down. Forget the name/specs, wear in snow camping. Like rarely, really nice and durable fabric.

Drawback, doesn't unzip from bottom. Really, mnt hdwr?
>>
>>1172286
going out in the snow with the pooper scooper huh?
>>
>>1172292
It was -10f this morning and I was out in my merino wool base layer. The snow was so cold that it wouldn't melt on anything so I was traipsing around in my wool socks.
>>
>>1172311
The best is when you breathe in and it hurts your lungs because it is so cold
>>
>>1172311
>teflon coated base layer master race
>>
>>1172320
Yeah, it was getting that way towards the end because I was unloading a truck and starting to huff and puff.
>>
>>1172302
I have a few of their things, but I'm only really impressed by one of them. the synchilla snap t fleece pullover is my favorite, it's taken a beating and is great for layering, but even that had a button come out too easily. I also have a nano puff pullover which is only mediocre. it's sized weird and hard to get on, and the fabric rips too easily. it's pretty warm though, and really light. I also have a Fitz Roy parka that I just bought. it fits well and has high loft down (I think 850?), but it has sewn through baffles so it might get cold spots. it also uses pertex quantum, same as the nano puff, which I'm not a fan of. i haven't put it through it's paces yet, but I'm going up to Maine in 2 weeks, so it'll have to be good up there. I also have a better sweater full zip and a torrentshell jacket, both of which are pretty basic and work as expected, nothing phenomenal.
overall, you need to know what you're buying, and read the reviews. I'd probably recommend mountain hardwear above them.
>>
Eddie Bauer stormlight down jacket on sale right now is $115. shit is incredibly light and warm. buy a cheap gore tex shell and you are done
>>
>>1172003
>Down is a great insulator but unlike wool or even cheep polyester, its useless when wet and water "resistant" ain't going to cut it, any shell or outerlayer needs to be waterPROOF.
implying that anyone with any outdoor skills would use one as a shell is a pretty hard sell to me, even most all /out/ know this.
the point i was trying to make was even purposely trying to saturate/wash a down sweater/vest is harder than you think.
unless you are truly autistic, loosing all your insulation due to the down being wet is not as easy as most would imply it is.
>>
Yes, they are a meme. They were good a few decades ago, but with modern synthetics, down is pointless. Synthetics are much better.
>>
File: have you seen my Mora?.jpg (221 KB, 960x540)
221 KB
221 KB JPG
>>1172660
>unless you are truly autistic, loosing all your insulation due to the down being wet is not as easy as most would imply it is.

Fucking rain, how does it work?!
>>
this thread makes me want to kill myself
>>
>>1172778

Well according to you we'll all die if we get so much as a light misting of water from a spray bottle while wearing our down jackets so I'm fucked if I'm going out there to figure it out.

Queer.
>>
File: goretex jacket.jpg (279 KB, 752x600)
279 KB
279 KB JPG
>>1172807

I'm not anti-down insulation but just about every pic in this thread is of jackets with a simple nylon outer layer and even if you spray it with Scotchgard, you _will_ get wet if you're caught in the rain and at that point, the down isn't providing any insulation.

Now you can get by perfectly well in an urban environment with a nylon down jacket but inna woods, you will end up wet and miserable.

Down jacket with a GoreTex shell = good
Down jacket with a nylon outer layer = bad
>>
>>1172104
I don't think you understand what I mean by shiny. I'm talking about mirror like finishes, that's far beyond the natural sheen of nylon mixed with some waterproof spray. I'm pretty sure it's for shiny things purposes.
>>
>>1172914
Nylon is fucking shit for everything anyway.
>>
>>1172778
>Fucking rain, how does it work
certainly better than your reasoning process.
painstakingly spelling out for you in as simplistic terms as i can that the chances of complete insulation failure of down is FAR overstated by all who claim "its useless when wet".
yes, by all means use a damn waterproof shell if out in the elements, but this paranoia about downs "fatal flaw" is way overblown.
>>
>>1173160
>implying wet down doesn't kill like cotton

There are realistically probably 35-40x more deaths by wet down per year over cotton. And that's no exaggeration
>>
>>1173178
this is b8
>>
>>1171633
>yuppies spending $300 on a down jacket and wear it as their only layer
That’s the meme. I got a cheap down jacket from from JCP for like $30, it fucking rocks. Warmest mid layer I own
>>
File: hb1199-d3.jpg (291 KB, 1000x1000)
291 KB
291 KB JPG
>>1173160

When down gets wet it, it not only provides zero insulation but acts as a heat sink and literally sucks the heat out of your body. At that point, you’d be better off wearing a wet cotton Carhartt jacket then a wet down coat.

Like I said, a conventional down jacket is fine in a winter urban environment, where you’re just going from your house to the car to the pub but if you’re hiking inna woods in a down jacket without a GoreTex shell and it starts raining, (or wet snow) it will soak thru the down and you’ll freeze your ass off.

Spending money on a down jacket/coat for outdoor use without also getting a waterPROOF shell, is simply stupid.

I don’t know why you’re having such a hard understanding this concept?
>>
>>1172778
>>1173160
Seems to me that if you're wearing a down jacket then it's probably too cold for rain to occur, no?

I wouldn't even wear a down jacket for much more than bumming around inside my tent unless it was below 0 degrees Fahrenheit. If you are wearing down and exercising the the chances of encountering water in liquid form become near-zero (and you'd be equally fucked no matter what material your insulation layers were in the event you fall into a frozen lake).

Biggest risks of getting down wet for me I'd imagine are spilling my own drinking/cooking water on it or sweating too much inside it. Both are pretty negligible risks to begin with.
>>
>>1173714
>Seems to me that if you're wearing a down jacket then it's probably too cold for rain to occur, no?

I guess sleet isn't a thing.
>>
File: 1512229270331.png (219 KB, 368x657)
219 KB
219 KB PNG
>>1172667
>>
File: ebd.jpg (260 KB, 1200x1500)
260 KB
260 KB JPG
Eddie Bauer has good down, get it on sale
>>
>>1174050
This. Not even shilling. Eddie Bauer has a wierd business model where they have these ridiculous sales 20 times a year so NEVER buy their shit at full price but the outerwear is top tier.
>>
>>1173704
You must be a synthetic insulation distributor to shill so hard against down.
While down is far from perfect, it's still top tier in almost all situations and having used it for decades in all types of weather conditions i will call you out on your poor critique of this wonderful insulation.
>>
>>1173704
christ that is like $1200
>>
>>1173704
this

1. dead of winter
2. go to grocery for some hydration reserves
3.get stuck in long line of foodstamp americans with 2 carts of food each
3.forgot it was 1st of the month
4.you start to sweat
5.its streaming down your back
6.no wicking layer
7.finally escape grocery with gatorade2 and coke zero
8.get outside
9.jacket is soaked in sweat
10.freeze to death
>>
>>1171633
I trashbag jacket for trash people.
>>
File: Michelin-Man.jpg (16 KB, 270x260)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
>>1174260
This.

The ribbed ones are a fucking fashion nightmare.
>>
>>1173178
okay, got it.
cotton kills, and down murders.
this is what you're selling.
>>
>>1174290
STOP CARING ABOUT FASHION WHILE YOU'RE /OUT/ YOU FAGGOT
>>
>>1174405
were you expecting more on /out/?
where most advice was learned in some how to video, or a blurb from a catalog.
many find their way to out simply because no one else will listen to them.
>>
>>1171731
>GOOD down has the best warmth to weight ratio of any insulation and packs down small
FTFY

700+FP to beat Primaloft Silver in both warmth to weight and compressibility, if you're not willing to pay the exorbitant amounts of money to get that AND still deal with the drawbacks of down (namely not being able to get it wet) then there are better options.
>>
I have the patagonia pullover down jacket, it's fine as an insulating layer and it only cost about $140. It doesn't have a hood though.

https://www.outdoorgearlab.com/topics/clothing-mens/best-down-jacket
>>
>>1174405
>t. Michelin Man
>>
>>1171927
>That jacket
>>
>>1174575
>being cold and self conscious when no one is around for miles
you don't actually go /out/ do you faggot
>>
>>1172914
I literally just bought that jacket for x-mas (mt050)
can't wait to see how it fares in the spring
>>
File: 1513289758393.jpg (105 KB, 590x443)
105 KB
105 KB JPG
>>1174667
>being cold

Just get the ones that don't have the Michelin Man aesthetic.

>no one is around for miles

You poor thing.
>>
>>1175511
Confirmed car camper lmaoooooo
>>
File: 1513288958068.jpg (517 KB, 970x545)
517 KB
517 KB JPG
>>1175514
That jab about not having friends must have stung. Sorry about that.
>>
They pack small, are lightweight, are very warm and soft enough to sleep in. They're not the height of /out/ fashion but, as long as you stay away from neon colours, they don't look bad either. You can get some good deals if you look out.
>>
>>1174101
yeah, 50% off sales on 800-fill down jackets are hard to beat, I have one of their First Ascent ones that's 15 years old and still kicking
>>
>>1175531
>as long as you stay away from neon colours, they don't look bad either
I'd rather look like shit than get shot.
>>
>>1175511
this >>1175514 wasnt me, but its pretty clear you are a hack. why do you care how you look if it performs better?
>>
>>1172292
I bike in my columbia rain jacket and a t-shirt through the winter. get that good body heat goin and it's like you're nestled next to a roaring fire even as the snowplows threaten your life
>>
>>1175522
>>1175511

somehow i get the sensation that you're actually the spider in these pictures

do you find QWERTY is an obstacle or a boon to your typing?
>>
>>1175718
Do spiders have independent control of all 8 legs? If so, they'd surely be fantastic typists.
>>
>>1175730
>going for wpm
>not going for an 8 way handie
How old are you, son?
>>
>>1175653
>living in the third world
>>
>>1172155
Fuck I can't breath this is too funny
>>
>>1171747
>the chad goretex
>the virgin down
>>
More importantly,

>Goose or duck down?
>>
>>1174571
>Primaloft Silver

Bought pic related two years back from Cabelas after-Christmas sale for a steal.

The GoreTex shell parka was regularly $200 on sale for $70 and the Prima Loft Silver zip-in liner was $200 on sale for $40.

Excellent winter coat for ice fishing and snow blowing without the bulkiness of down or the issues with getting wet.
>>
>>1176472
>the Prima Loft Silver zip-in liner was $200 on sale for $40.
>>
>>1176367
Goose down is second only to eider down in warmth to weight.
>>
File: 0FKJ49AOG0.jpg (97 KB, 637x730)
97 KB
97 KB JPG
>>1171633
>how to be a fashion nightmare in less than 2 seconds: the thread
>>
>>1176980
>>>/fa/
>>
>>1176980
Omg! I would love to spank that puffy lil' Asian goddess until feathers came out of her bottom!

Or maybe just grab her by the legs and swing her around in a pillow fight!!
>>
>>1176980
>being this self conscious
literal faggot
>>
i own a rab kinder smock 700 duck down keeps you warm
>>
File: 46a.png (97 KB, 645x729)
97 KB
97 KB PNG
>caring about how /fa/ you are when going /out/
>>
File: 1464381292683.jpg (137 KB, 870x1200)
137 KB
137 KB JPG
>>1177777
Aw yiss
>>
>>1172914
My dad got one of these like 20 years ago when he started duck hunting.

I started teaching myself to hunt grouse these season and borrowed it from him, and I fucked loved it. I hiked for hours in torrential downpours and stayed bone dry.
>>
>>1177777
>having no self respect

At least you got quints, right?
>>
>>1172302
Patagonia is top-notch, shit is built tough and performs great.
>>
>>1177855
get the fuck out you faggot
>>1177856
they ok
>>
>>1171747
Fjällräven is life.
>>
How long should a down jacket last you?
>>
Jesus, this is the worst thread I have ever seen.
>>1177997
A long time. Just wash with downwash to get your oils and shit out so it doesn't lose loft. You'll get feather bleed, but it would take years to lose enough to lose enough to cause an issue. I have multiple 5+ year old down jackets.
>>
>>1172302
I bought a nano puff hoody on sale for myself on black friday. I've worn it outside a few times for several hours with two layers under it and never got cold in huge gusts of wind in 20 degree weather.
>>
Just ordered myself a mountain hardwear ghost whisperer for £110
Can't wait
>>
File: 2f7.jpg (28 KB, 601x508)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
>>1171747
>Whenever I meet someone who actually wears one of those things they always ALWAYS act "odd". Like when you see a legit retard
Fug u
>>
>>1172667
Synthetics do not retain enough air to beat wool let alone goose down.
>>
File: warren.jpg (56 KB, 720x540)
56 KB
56 KB JPG
>>1171633
Holy shit. People actually wear that? It is like one of those things you see morons wearing. Like retards who wear ear muffs 24/7/365 and scream when someone accidentally brushes against them.
>>
>>1172778
Fucking nylon coating how does it work?
>>
>>1175730
They do, they can also see behind themselves and sense vibrations.
>>
>>1171633
Yes. A regular fleece-lined jacket or vest will do fine with the right baselayer.
>>
>>1177856
>Patagonia is top-notch, shit is built tough and performs great.
I love my Better Sweater, but I also have a down jacket by them and was disappointed with the quality. Don't brush up against anything, because it will tear, and don't be anywhere near a campfire. I have tape all over it from rips and burn holes. Also, the zipper stopped working properly after a couple years, pretty much useless now because it won't stay zipped, the teeth just separate.
>>
>>1172778
>setting up tent in a depression
anon, I ...
>>
>>1171633
Why on earth would anyone want an insulated shell jacket for /out/? Why not have a shell you can use by itself during summer rain, a fleece and a down puffy? You can wear the fleece when active, put on the puffy when stationary and put on the shell when it starts to rain. Have people really forgotten about proper layering?
>>
>>1172003
do you really think this isn't common sense by now?
>>
>>1171633
Michelin Man LARPing costumes go in this board: >>>/cgl/
>>
>>1180739
Send it in for warranty and they'll take good care of you.
>>
File: e117e6213b84.jpg.jpg (35 KB, 430x500)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
>>1171747
>tfw you hate the down ruffle meme but find the only jacket with a different pattern
feels good man, so comfy too
>>
>>1171747
every person in Cusco who could afford one was wearing a North Face Thermoball jacket. Even people who didn't seem like they could afford it.

Puffer jackets are awesome. I get that you don't like the way they look- I think I look funny in one. But I would wear a thin one as an intermediate layer if I need to stay warm. I have a columbia titanium layer system and I rock the synthetic down intermediate layer all the time
>>
>>1180739
send it in for repairs, lifetime guarantee.
>>
>>1172302
It's my favorite. I have a columbia puff so it's hard for me to justify the nano puff hoody, though I could afford it. Waiting for a black or red one on eBay for a reasonable price
>>
>>1180745
>having depression and not putting your temt in the worst possible spot
>>
>>1181730
I can see you're really triggered, did the Stay Puff man at the end of Ghostbusters scare you until you wet?
>>
>>1181894
>Ghostbusters
>Stay Puff

Who the fuck watches old as fucking shit movies like that, grandad?
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (122 KB, 1280x720)
122 KB
122 KB JPG
>>1181909

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.