[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/out/ - Outdoors

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 46 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor applications are now closed. Thank you to everyone who applied!

>military guys go all day walking nonstop in these things
that means these must be good for hiking r-right?
t. got some for Christmas
>>
I think the ripple sole would be more comfterable.
>>
Nice, did you get an XXL Cradle of Filth T shirt and eyeshadow to match?
>>
>>1173909
Fuck off urban metrosexual
>>
>>1173909
I just asked for some boots and got some from family.
why are you projecting?
>>
>>1173895
No

t. someone who’s worn some occasionally and who knows people who actually did army shit in them
>>
I think they look nice
>>
>>1173895
real jungle boots are ok stiff as fuck sole tho what with it being steel shanked
>>
File: FB_IMG_1507151242389.jpg (77 KB, 558x992)
77 KB
77 KB JPG
>>1173895 HAHAHAAHA Trust me, we don't wear this shit, you should have gotten lowas or rockies if you wanted a better boot. Cheaper option would have been swats or magnums
>>
>>1173931
I have a pair of Magnum Stealth force 8.0's, they're super comfy and pretty durable. definitely recommend.
>>
Sell them on ebay and buy a pair of Lowas
>>
I don't think OP should sell a gift. Try them out on some short hikes. Give them a chance to break in. They might well be comfy but I'm sure they won't last too long.
>>
>>1173895
I bought a pair of wellco jungle boots a while ago. Looked to be higher quality than the pic you posted. I could shine them up and wear them to work, or i'd go hiking in them, or just wear them every day. Obviously there isnt much cushion, so they are best on soft surfaces (not rocky terrain or cement). But they lasted a long time and after a break in period of a few months they were very comfy in the dirt.
>>
>talking shit about a gift
Don't listen to these soyboy faggots, op. Try them /out/ by taking baby steps and harden your feet gradually, after while they will fit like a glove. They will eventually wear out, like the overpriced, made in China shit that all these fags cry about.
>>
>>1173982
thanks anon
>>
>>1173895
/k/ here
oh boy you better fucking wear the shit out of them before you go out for real.
top tips make sure they fit PERFECTLY
and if u get wet feet at any point change them asap
>trust me
they are very tough tho
>>
>>1173988
i've been visiting different boards and i've gotten dubs every first post, is this a sign?
>>
>>1173895

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-PZiWj06C4
>>
>>1173999
What about the muff divers?
>>
>>1173989
nbd faggot
>>
>>1173895
>implying anyone in the military uses them
>>
No one wears the old school Vietnam era jungle boots anymore, at least not in the last 20 years on purpose. Some people may have been issued some surplus here and there but orders on boots of this type where discontinue back in the 90s as far as I know. They take forever to break in, are uncomfortable as fuck-all, and prone to having the stitching come out at the most inopportune time. Look at the more modern offerings from companies like Bates or Belleville for good options. Danners suck in my opinion and are overpriced.
>>
>>1174159
yep Gunny, I wore them in 1990 because I had to. Hated those useless bitches. Loved my cadillacs though.
>>
>>1173934
> Magnum Stealth force 8.0
Sounds like a condom.
>>
>>1173989
Please go back to /b/
>>
Lol your feet are going to bleed
>>
>>1174159

I got a pair when I was in ROTC and regretted it immediately. The cheap ones LOOK like the real thing, but wear even worse/faster. Belleville are good, didn't care for the Bates boots I got, but Altama is also great, if they're doing commercial runs again. Expect to pay over $120-150 for decent boots. Don't stay with the included insoles if you plan on doing much walking. Get some of the Dr. Scholes work boot ones. Also recommend either Fox River, Thorlos, or Wigwam for good boot socks.
>>
>>1173988
You know jungle boots where made specifically to be not-waterproof right?
>>
>>1173895
If you get the malestrom or Altama ones, they are pretty nice for their intended purpose. Super muddy and wet terrain. I am looking for a civvie replacement but seems like civvie stuff all tries to keep the wet out with gore-tex rather than focus on drainage and drying.
>>
>>1173909

Kek
>>
>>1175997
Exactly. They have drain holes.
You're even supposed to use very thin socks so the moisture squeezes out of them.
>>
ITT: Bronies whos' family has disowned them get salty when someone recieves a gift that wouldnt match their fur-suits
>>
File: AR-670-1 boots.jpg (20 KB, 543x435)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
>>1173895
They don't wear that faggot shiny shit, they wear these.
>>
>>1173909
>this salty over a question and present for Christmas

Pathetic
>>
>>1175832
Bates are fucking garbage. Took forever to break them in and they still aren't nearly as comfy as my normal hiking boots. The ones they issued while i was in boot camp also have a known problem of cracking in the soles.
I can't wait until my command switches to type 3 NWU's so i can finally switch to those comfy looking beige ones.
>>
>>1178261
they look nice and i'm happy for the gift. just worried my feet will hurt
>>
>>1173931
>no hook
>boot elitist
>clipping together blanks

i bet you have changed your profile pic before remembrance dance so all the chads who bullied you in highschool would thank you for you service
>>
>>1173900
Fuck I had those and used them as my everyday/work/light hiking boots. Fuckers lasted me 6 years of daily use, I think they're still in my mom's house somewhere.
>>
File: Soldiers-Laughing.jpg (31 KB, 640x424)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
>>1173895
>He wants to play military but doesn't even know about the bullshit that is AR670-1

Please stop playing Army. It's not what you think it is, and those boots haven't been worn in 20+ years without it being a punishment by some fucked up squad/platoon leader or from losing a bet.

t. A 5-year 68W
>>
>>1179653
Tell you from experience, they will.
>>
>>1179749
yea that's why ill just wear them on non hiking outings.
less wear to my runners
>>
>>1179722
you sound like a faggot
>>
>>1179753

Did you not read his post, dumbass?

>t. A 5-year 68W

He just said hes a faggot. No need to be redundant
>>
File: DSCN0945.jpg (36 KB, 506x380)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>>1179801
This man was in the Army & knows what's up. Yeah I'm a gay doc. Now get over it & suck this girl pickle
>>
>>1174023
think about it
>>
>>1179804
Biscuit?
>>
>>1181185
kek
>>
>>1175811
c h e c k e d
>>
Main reason to wear jungle boots is if you're expecting to be walking through deep water regularly.. they will drain and dry quickly whereas a modern waterproof boot once filled up from the top will stay wet for a long time. You can mitigate the wet boot by throwing on gore tex socks until they dry out if it happens rarely, but not if it's everyday. They're not comfortable boots they will fuck you up if not worn in well and have no ankle support. Good for sneaking about as you have a good feel of the ground and can roll your foot easily. It's the kind of thing you wear carefully patrolling 3km a day through thick jungle and swamps not for a long hike. .t light infanteer
>>
>>1179649
Shippy get the Nike's if you can
>>
Yeah theyre perfect if you have a body made for physical activity. Basically if youre not bitchmade. Lots of people have shit tier joints and need the lightest possible slippers just in order to walk without hurting themselves.
>>
They are very comfortable once you break them in, Good for extremely wet countries. Make sure you get the real ones and make sure they have the panama sole. The lack of ankle support can be a problem for lots of people however, I wore them for a solid 6 years and loved ever second of it until I eventually smashed my ankle and ligaments due to the lack of any support at all.
>>
Second or thirding Magnums. Tried a few of the other army meme boots but they blow them away in terms of comfort and durability.
>>
>>1173931
>>1173934
>>1182376

I wore Magnums for about six months and the first sole fell off. I put it back on with some glue, and then the second sole fell off. From what I hear too, Magnums are actually pretty bad. 5.11 are what I have now and I have to say, much better shoes.

Don't get Magnums, they have a reputation for falling apart. Comfortable, yes. Durable, no.
>>
>>1178271
>implying those will keep their color.
At least black ones can be shined to look new.
>>
>>1183679
It's called a hog brush and soap. You wear them scrub until you get all the crap out of them, and walk them dry. They will look basically new, but a shade darker.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.