[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/out/ - Outdoors

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 78 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor applications are now closed. Thank you to everyone who applied!

How much is too much when bringing alcohol with you into the woods?
>>
OP here
When I go on a overnight trip, I pack no less than 8 bottles. I will just grab what i want at the time from my bar, and fill a pack with bottles.
I usually vehicle camp, but when I go on hikes, I leave them behind.
I prepare no less than three flasks per hike, and at least half of a 700ml bottle of whatever I'll be sipping, usually rum or whisky.
I do mixed drinks in the flasks normally, and tuck them in my jacket.
I just carry the bottle of whisky

Any tips or thoughts?
I'm not sure how to do real camping like this without others, as it's 50lbs in bottles alone.
>>
This is probably a question you should talk with your doctor about with instead of us
>>
>tobacco
>Weed
>Booze
Can't you faggots enjoy the /out/doors sober? Fucking hell, this board is going downhill fast.
>>
>>1179756
I like to bring a flask of whiskey to share with my friends around the campfire at the end of the day, but dude...It sounds like you have a serious alcohol problem. There is absolutely no reason to bring a first grader in weight of alcohol, car camping or not, especially if you are drinking alone. My thought: you have a problem. My tip: seek help.

>>1179760
While I agree that it is best to be able to enjoy the outdoors as is, *in moderation* these things can be enjoyable, so long as it's not the only part of /out/ being enjoyed
>>
>Not bringing pure grain alcohol for maxxximum efficiency

>>1179760

Sounds like you're a lilly-livered bitch
>>
>>1179756
get a camel pack and fill the bladder with booze
some hold quite a bit and there is no glass weight
>>
>>1179755
all the booze in the world is not enough
>>
File: 20161224_154610.jpg (995 KB, 2560x1536)
995 KB
995 KB JPG
Is it in glass?

Too much.
>>
>>1179755
Enough to last the entire time you are out plus one jic
>>
A good tip is to pound your cans flat with either your axe or a stick. Makes them easier to pack out. Just be careful with the sharp edges
>>
File: photo (6).jpg (193 KB, 1440x1440)
193 KB
193 KB JPG
>not using everclear to start your campfires and get drunk at the same time
>>
>>1179755
When I would camp with my buddies in high school we'd make a run once or twice a year and burry some booze by our campsite. Once it got filled with mud and I was digging brewskis out of the mud.
>>
>>1179756
I think your first step to cutting weight is admitting you have a problem.
>>
>>1179755
If you can carry it just fine with all your gear. You did not bring enough.
>>
>>1179755
I usually bring an 8oz flask of 140 proof absinthe.

Delicious and refreshing, with same amount of alcohol as a pint of whiskey. It's meant to be mixed with water, so you get a tall drink out of it even when you only bring a small amount.
>>
>>1179766
I don't consume All of the 50lbs of alcohol.
It's just if I want a glass of this, That, or the other.
Or for verity when making the mixed drinks.
>>
>>1179934
Jesus Christ, just pick one drink for the night and stick with it. Mixed drinks are for parties and happy hour.
>>
>>1179941
Nonsense. When I'm out on the trail, and want something that resembles an old fashioned, or a gin and tonic, I can have that right in my flask.
>>
>>1179923
where do you get yours? been looking for some in the Wyoming area, afraid ill have to order online and i dont trust a lot of sites
>>
>>1179941
Women tend to prefer lass masculine drinks as >>1179956 confirms
>>
File: 20180113_100911.jpg (573 KB, 1600x1200)
573 KB
573 KB JPG
I just backpack in my 2-stroke gas powered blender for frosted margs.

>jelly?
>>
I only bring Cannabis with me. Alcohol is for suckers.
>>
File: 20180113_101338.jpg (525 KB, 1600x1200)
525 KB
525 KB JPG
>>1179956
>flask
>not going sul w/class
>>
>>1179755
No drinking alcohol in the woods. Slows me down, dehydrates me. However fishing in the cold is a whole 'nother story for me
>>
>>1179976
>muh tactical responses
>here fishie, fishy
>>
>>1179980
can't have *tactile* responses if i can't feel my fingers
>>
>>1179972
>Dude weed, lmao
>>
>>1179755
>bringing alcohol with you into the woods?
your doin it wrong
>>
>>1180013
NOW you're my nig!!
>>
this guy knows whats up.
>>
>>1180008
>dude alcohol, lmao
>>
>>1180013
Fucking hell man, thats bad ass, but a lot of the taste of booze comes from ageing in barrels.
That would be fine for just getting drunk though.
>>
>>1179760
dude weed 420 lmao I go out to find myself
>>
>>1180051
>bcuz ur losd
>>
>>1179970
I didnt believe at first, but i looked it up and sure enough...
>>
>>1180120
> There's a market for that
>>
>>1179970
What the fuck
>>
>>1180049
I dont think that moonshiners ever cared about ageing their hootch in barrels
>>
More than nothing is too much.
>>
Delete this thread and the tobacco thread as well, you retarded ass gook moot mod.
>>
Never forget the mead
>>
>>1180168
tobacco can stay the others should go
>>
>>1179760
Life is horrible. Exercise is painful. The outdoors is hot, cold, filled with bugs. Substances are God's gift to man to cope.
>>
>>1179877
Fucking right

Alcohol stove fuel too
>>
I remember getting pissed walking in foggy nothingness for the day. was great. But got to the YHA with really bloodshot eyes from drinking and it being windy... happy days. Which reminds me. How the fuck to people get lost in the mountains in the UK, I takes 2 seconds to look at a map with even a button compass and walk toward a nearby road or even just walk, walk in a straight line for a few hours and hey you have an 80% chance you're no longer lost. Some use only their iphones for gps because its such an awesome app with great detailed maps and when their battery dies in the cold air they panic/larp like retards and stay put with ice picks and survival blankets. Then they wait for the mountain rescue to air lift them off the mountain (Big Hill) 3km to the carpark/hospital for a hot chocolate. "We made it guys" "That was some serious shit back there you saved us big time". Next the BBC/radio local report about how dangerous the outdoors is and how everyone should stay indoors and watch strictly come dancing and suck their thumbs. Then I realize why I have to get out.
>>
>>1179755
I just bring however much moonshine or scotch whiskey mix I can fit into a flask. I drink it before I go to sleep, because the morning after getting drunk I tend to wake up early and energized, don't know why.
>>
>>1179760

I bring weed with me a lot, and I feel sort of guilty about it. At heart I'm a purist, but smoking weed just makes the outdoors so exhilarating.

It's not like I'm indulging a physical body high so much as I'm enjoying the increased sense of wonder.
>>
None beause I tend to go into the desert which is ironically the best place to bring substances but is the most dangerous to bring substances due to the heat and I don't wanna end up as another statistic in the BLM's log-book of substance-involved deaths for the year of 2018
>>
>>1179877
disgusting i get so hungover on everclear, it seems like a good idea but isn't
>>
>>1179755
Weed is much better IMO, especially for outdoor purposes. I can't smoke right now though, so I've been taking alcohol on my trips. I do beer when I car camp or if I'm only going a short distance from the car. Otherwise I do a bottle of Everclear for maximum weight to drunkenness ratio.
>>
>itt shots of turpentine

Try some class, you fucking hill people.
>>
I usually bring a litre of wild turkey in a compressible bladder. I also bring lots of hash and a good amount of random other drugs. Ketamine, 3-meo-pcp, lsd, kratom, etc. Nothing better than climbing a mountain on LSD and railing ketamine in the most precarious place
>>
>>1179970
holy shit my sides
>>
>>1180349
>It's not like I'm indulging a physical body high so much as I'm enjoying the increased sense of wonder.
Man I feel you so hard. I can sit on a ridge, watch the sunset, have a few puffs and I'll just sit there for an hour amazed by the pure beauty of nature. If I do that sober I'll get cold after 15 minutes and go to bed, it's not the same thing.

Also it helps me sleep easier on the first few nights of the trip. I don't wake up to animal noises when I go to bed lightly toasted and it helps me get a good night sleep, which improves the trip as a whole.
>>
>>1179912

This.
>>
>>1179912
>>1182327
But I do have a problem, the liquor is too heavy.
And I'm not so sure about transferring it to smaller or more portable containers.
>>
1 part absinthe 3 parts water, some sugar
>>
>>1179760
I can understand abstaining from any of these substances for a variety of perfectly fine reasons, but being judgemental of those who do use drugs or alcohol in moderation is something only douchebags do.
>>
>>1180182
Fuck no, that's the #1 thread that doesn't belong in this board. Please explain how we need 20 threads about getting cancer, oh wait, WE DON'T.
>>
>>1179755
>>1179756
If a single flask isn't enough to last a full weekend, you've got a problem man.
>>
>>1182575
>or go out with friends

That one you forgot, Skippy.
>>
>>1179755
I don't mind if people drink in the mountains. You should however limit your intake based primarily on the inverse cosine of your tolerance multiplied by the BAC that gets you horny divided by the percent likelihood that you will engage in beastiality if you have one more to ind your own personal safe limit. It usually takes me about three pints to punch a raccoon, six pints to punch a bear, and six pints and six whiskeys to fuck a bear. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-bk1qugYmo
>>
>>1180124
>hootch
Its no better than prison screech.
>>
>>1179956
>flask
>mixed drinks
hoh boy no don't do that
>>
>>1179970
quality post
>>
>>1182578
each friend can bring their own flask?
also >friends?
>>
>>1179755
>How much is too much
Any at all. Alcohol is stupidly heavy, and the glass bottles don't help. Opiates and synthetic and dried natural hallucinogens are much more weight-efficient.
>>
>>1182575
The flasks I have are 6oz, I got it in a set of three.
I usually prepare drinks in the flasks for certain things like finding a waterfall, or a nice cliff to gaze out from. Just things like that, and I will prepare an appropriate drink to compliment what I'm hoping to find that day.
As for my walkin round bottle, I just grab whatever I want that day and try to grab something half empty. I usually keep it under 80 proof so I don't just get fucked up completely after an hour of sipping.
It's not just general alcoholism in my mind, I more enjoy the drinks themselves than getting drunk.

>>1182698
Why not?
>>
>>1182725
>dried natural hallucinogens
I've seen enough people wander around aimlessly while on hallucinogens to know that if you took these by yourself in unknown, /out/ terrain, you'd probably end up throwing yourself of a cliff or into a river.
>>
>>1182797
>end up throwing yourself of a cliff
>while high
Sounds a lot less painful to do then when sober.
>>
>>1179756
well are you drinking because you like it or are you just trying to get sloshed? If you're just trying to get drunk then just bring some Everclear or bacardi 151 and mix it some powdered drink mix to taste.
>>
File: 1510708528427.jpg (103 KB, 600x600)
103 KB
103 KB JPG
>alcohol is for medicinal purposes only
you get 1 count it 1 mouthful per day of tequila if you feel bad when you wake up in the morning or if you are getting a dry itchy throat
getting stuffed up nose. also for gingivitis or whatnot
but only one mouthful per day
>>
>>1183076
>he doesn't down a couple shots every break and during meals to replenish lost mana
>>
>>1179755
Getting buttmad about people carrying objects is about as autistic as it gets
>>
>>1182936
>>
>>1182727
Not that guy but the sugar in the mixed drink will promote microbial growth in something as hard to wash out thoroughly as a flask. I guess if you're super diligent about cleaning it could be fine. My flask gets nasty residue just from whiskey after awhile.
>>
>>1183157
Oh, never thought about that, i just fill and dump water through them when /out/, and then boil them in a pot at home to really clean them out
>>
>>1182797
That only happens to people who are bad at drugs. If you are good at them you can /out/ ten times harder while high than you can while sober. When I'm sober I reach a physical limit where I can't go any farther, but if I do some pcp or lsd I can get right back up and go another 10 miles
>>
>>1180231
Hey dont dis strictly man,
That shit is dope
>>
>>1179760
/pipe/ threads have been around for a while.
>>
File: 20180120_071700.jpg (521 KB, 1600x1200)
521 KB
521 KB JPG
>>1179970
My new ss mixer, snifter and double walled tumblers!

Will go well with my two-stroke gas powered blender!

You plebs gotta go all in, bitches fuck louder when drunk. Unless they're passed out.
>>
>>1179760
hello mr normie

how is the good life treating you?
>>
>>1179755
Any amount is too much. It's heavy, and you're more likely to hurt yourself or get lost when you're fucked up.
>>
>>1179760
Being /out/ is great, being high while /out/ is even greater. Fuck off straight edge fag, I am hurting no one and enjoying nature.
>>
File: da_boones.jpg (131 KB, 1066x865)
131 KB
131 KB JPG
only the finest
>>
File: maxresdefault (3).jpg (54 KB, 1280x720)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
>>1179923
YEAAH MAANNN

>>1180177
Yyyeeeaaah maaaaan

>>1182517
YEAH MMMMMMAAN

>>1182725
Yeeah maan

>>1185291
Penis. Theres a penis and two balls.
>>
>>1182725
Correct, nothing better than bringing some greens along while going mushroom hunting.
>>
>>1179755
I usually bring a bottle of whatever's got my attention at the time. Not a heavy drinker so I tend not to finish it either. Plan to take this soon. Great stuff.
>>
>>1185487
And by tend not to finish it I mean I only ever polish a bottle I've already been chipping away at. I like drinks but, when it comes to the outdoors, not getting drunk.
>>
File: 0294361715.jpg (48 KB, 400x400)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
>>1179755
ha
>>
>>1179877
Holy shit, here we can only buy 60% vol. alcohol legally, have to go to sweden for black death 80% vodka even. Didn't know everclear was 95%. I envy you.
>>
>>1185525
You like drinking turpentine?
>>
>>1185539
They say it's mighty fine.
>>
File: 1514376740392.jpg (48 KB, 746x739)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
Serious post, anyone ever go /out/ 'alone' and smoke pot/grass and then start whistling/communicating to birds and shit? Truly becoming one with nature, not just "awe-struck by beauty", I mean real primitive total embracing your inner animal striking conversations with different whistles with birds and becoming 'one of the flock'?

>mfw
>>
>>1179755

The only alcohol you need is Everclear.
>>
>>1185383
>strawberry hill and not apple blossom
bitch, please.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.