[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/out/ - Outdoors

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 1517197984528.jpg (348 KB, 1200x413)
348 KB
348 KB JPG
Hi anons!
Never been to this board before but this seems to be the right place to ask for advice. Please don't make me go to /k/.
I want to go camping in the woods, alone, for 7 days straight in Missouri or around this area of the Midwest.
Criteria for my trip:
1. No organized campsites with normies.
2. No artificial light of any kind.
3. I must be alone.
4. I must only live off the land
5. I would like it to be free, but if not, I don't mind paying .

I am a recovering alcoholic. I've been clean for over 6 months now. The problem is, I can't seem to reset my biological clock and sleeping naturally is a problem for me. I've read that doing this in the wilderness for 7 days does the trick.
Thank you for any advice, this is greatly appreciated.
Pic unrelated
>>
death will set your biological clock also..

anyway, just find water, you can survive without much food, just eat some green leaf stuff, (find out on forehand what you can eat)

it will be hell, just bring some good books.

or you could go into a monestery or retrait, they are costly.
>>
File: 100528.federal.land.jpg (414 KB, 1434x932)
414 KB
414 KB JPG
>>1203250
you want one of the light green patches in se mo or nw ar. most of your desires will be easily achievable, except
>live off land
will be your biggest hiccup. you'll have to check out hunting regs for that.
>>
>>1203255
Thank you. That is very helpful
>>
>>1203254
>death will set your biological clock also

Thought of that the last month of drinking. Almost did it. Now it's the last thing I want to do.
>>
>>1203250
Not a burger but Godspeed, dear anon.
>>
>>1203250
>I must only live off the land

Unless you're a good forager already, don't fucking do this. You need to do this stuff in babysteps or else you just end up as a dead body to haunt the dreams of a rescuer.
>>
>>1203250
Don't try to live off the land if you are trying to reset your biological clock. If you do these trips successfully with food and water, do some hunting and foraging for a while then maybe try it.

Read about former UFC Middleweight Champion Evan Tanner who died in the dessert, not a great way to go and he was an Uber outdoorsman and an Uber professional athlete at peek fitness.
>>
>>1203443
>died in the dessert
that’d be a terrible way to go
>>
>>1203443
>Evan Tanner
Just read about it, guy was all no problemo senpai and ended up dead. I think he heroed.
>>
>>1203250
>1. No organized campsites with normies.

welp, if you go on private property you will most likely be found, arrested or shot, i've tried stealth camping so many times and never succeed even if i conceal well in the middle of fucking nowhere

>4. I must only live off the land

get a fishing license, MDC will appear out of nowhere like the spanish inquisition and haul you away in cuffs if you're poaching
>>
>>1203250
If you're only going out for seven days just go to the damn store, buy seven days worth of food, and lug the 15 extra pounds innawoods.
>>
>>1203443
>Evan Tanner
Dude must have committed suicide. He said his bike ran out of gas and he was going to hike back to the campsite but his bike was found at the campsite with gas in it and ample water supply even though he went trekking through the desert looking for a spring.
>>
>>1203250
dude just go to the Mark Twain National Forest. go down to Salem, and then you're near a lot of beautiful forest.

i've been meaning to go check this spot out, it says you can forage for nuts, fruits, berries, mushrooms and greens >> http://www.mvs.usace.army.mil/Portals/54/docs/recreation/rivers/huntfishmaps/Mozier%20Island%20to%20Sterling%20Island.pdf

your picture reminds of Elephant Rock State Park in Missouri, go check it out but there will be other people there
>>
>>1203250
let us know when you go so we can watch the news for when they find your dead body.

fucking retarded idea is retarded.

heres my advice - if you refuse to take adequate rations are gear you're going to hate your life at best and die at worst. Ever gone 5 days with no water thats drinkable? Ever been unable to think because you haven't consumed any energy, at all, in 5 days? Ever made a fire after being soaking wet in 40 degree weather for an hour? I didn't think so. Being alone inna woods with no supplies is not a boyscout trip

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.