[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/out/ - Outdoors

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 176 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

ITT: Post your boots, ask questions, give recommendations etc

I took these Keen Gypsum II's through Southern Africa in January. Could not recommend more. Great for hiking and the only issue I noticed was that the sole is a bit thinner than I'd like.
>>
merrell phaserbounds. comfy as hell right out of the box. we were probably about an hour behind this guy. he stayed on the trail we were backpacking for a mile and a half or so.
>>
File: paws.jpg (250 KB, 805x844)
250 KB
250 KB JPG
>>1250763
aaand forgot the pic
>>
>>1250763
>>1250765
That's awesome man. Would you recommend Merrell? My dad swears by them but I've never owned a pair of my own.
>>
>>1250769
these are the only pair of merrell's i've owned, but they're great. i only wear them when i expect to encounter snow, so i haven't put a whole lot of miles on them, but the miles i have put on them have been some tough ones, and they've done everything i've asked.
>>
File: lowa.jpg (21 KB, 395x357)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
>>1250755
Lowa Renegade GTX

Solid three season boots but from my experience they handle snow pretty well too.
Gonna get another pair after 10 years when I finally destroy the ones I have
>>
I’m rocking Moab FST Ice ATM.

Guys, I have a really stupid question.

These boots are great, but they are loose fitting at the ankle, like at the top rim of the shoe.

I.... is that what the loop is for?
>>
>>1250969

Pic related is why I bought the boots. On sale at an REI garage sale and I just couldn’t pass up.
>>
Gettin used to these, the first time I used these memeshoes my feet bled, now that the leather is getting softer they're becomiog extra comfortable
>>
File: 91RiXhptm1L._UX575_.jpg (46 KB, 575x450)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
Tell me if I fucked up on this /out/.

A few weeks ago, got myself a pair of Karrimor KSP Grampian eVents. It looks like Karrimor has discontinued them, which is probably why they were on sale at the outlet store for 40% off.

Pros so far seem to be:
>Been through seven circles of hell and back since I got them, and while the leather clearly isn't as aesthetic anymore as it was out of the box, besides that they're still in excellent condition
>Best outsole of any boots I've ever bought, I don't think it's physically possible to slip in them. Been over rocks in nasty rainstorms and it felt just as safe as walking down a dirt road on a sunny day.
>Comfy as shit, feels like walking on a pillow
Cons so far:
>They seem to have been built for winter snow trips, because they insulate body heat like a motherfucker. My feet feel like they're in an Auschwitz oven after 30 minutes of walking. And more like two minutes if I decide to take a rest break in a place where they're exposed to direct sunlight, the leather seems to heat up faster than a frying pan
>The toe bumper is microscopic in size, I don't think it's large enough to protect against anything at all and is pretty much useless
>Still relatively expensive compared to the other boots in the store even with the discount (a bit over $160)

Where they worth it /out/ or do you think I could have gotten a better bang for my buck?
>>
>>1251052

ksb, not ksp
>>
>>1250969
no. the loop's to put your finger through to help pull them on.
>>
File: IMG_20180414_113728.jpg (2.2 MB, 3120x4160)
2.2 MB
2.2 MB JPG
I have a pair of Scarpa Kailashes, they treat me well and are water resistant too.
>>
>>1251052
Try some better socks like Darn toughs
>>
File: IMG_20180416_232830-min.jpg (1.32 MB, 3456x4608)
1.32 MB
1.32 MB JPG
From left to right, work, walking, hiking. I want to take good care of these, the work boots are tough because every day requires a cleaning, the middle boots are a challenge because I don't want to upset the leather and ruin them, but the hiking boots are a breeze, really nice.

I feel as if I need a larger insole in the middle pair, they're just a hair too floppy, even with good socks on.
>>
File: meindlboot.jpg (26 KB, 429x500)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
Just got the Meindl Island for extreme tours
>>
File: 51rFV-dsHCL.jpg (36 KB, 500x500)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
Got these recently.
>>
>>1251052
i don't know shit about the boots but event is supposed to be crazy breathable
>>
File: northface.jpg (103 KB, 799x534)
103 KB
103 KB JPG
Storm Strike WP from North Face.
Cheap as hell but they've done the job really well so far.
>>
Good pair of hiking boots for trekking boots. About ankle high
>>
>>1251010
So you hunt vampires or wot
>>
Surprised no one posted Solomon x ultra mid. They are really popular for a reason. Love them as my main hiking boot (I really use my vapors more) plus they come in “wide” so hobbits like me can get them in the right size.
>>
File: 20180414_184055.jpg (136 KB, 427x409)
136 KB
136 KB JPG
>>1250755
All y'all I'm thinking of spending the majority of my tax return on a pair of custom wesco 8"jobmasters. Wondering if it's worth to pay an extra 60 just for the sexy burgundy dom leather. Pic related.
>>
Got these a few moths ago to replace my old Meindl Borneos that have served me for about more than 8 years. Not that the Meindles have died, the soles and front ends have just been worn thin.

Must admid that my new Hanwags fits me a lot better out of the bow that the Meindls did back then. But then again i have narrow feet and the new boots seem to fit more snugly around the middle which prevents my heel from slipping
>>
>>1252646
My god the spelling. I need more sleep
>>
>>1252424
Wow I was really sleep deprived then.
That was meant to be Can anyone recommend a good pair of hiking boots. For trips abroad so they'll be my only footwear for up to a few weeks at a time

I got a pair of Norwegian m77s a while back and I'm fairly happy with them for around home, airsoft and all that shit. I feel like theyre too heavy and not really suited for being the only choice
>>
>>1250755

Merrells for light hikes. Solomon's for real back country and challenging weather.
>>
>>1252627
holy fuck it's another /out/fa crossover episode

>wescos
don't really do it for me desu, and I think burgundy leather looks goofy.

if I was dropping that kind of cash I'd probably go with Nick's, maybe JK (another White's spinoff, very small, good rep). Or custom Limmers if I wanted to hike in the damn things, though the wait list is killer and I'd want to talk to them about suitability for fire use.
>>
File: image.jpg (1.12 MB, 2592x1638)
1.12 MB
1.12 MB JPG
Lowa zephyr and hunter. Just got LS Nepal Cubes. Have done most of my hiking in the zephyrs. All 3 are quite light for what they are.
>>
Boots are shit unless you're in deep snow.
>>
File: IMG-20180414-WA0004.jpg (1.67 MB, 2268x4032)
1.67 MB
1.67 MB JPG
Got these timberlands basically for free. Does any out have experiences with timberlands?
>>
>>1253406

>Someone's giving out free Timerlands

dont let 1998 /pol/ here about this
>>
File: 1521516885783.jpg (41 KB, 720x719)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
>>1253408
Kek why?
>>
File: 1460141304188.jpg (46 KB, 640x412)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
Can you fellas recommend any sub $70 boots? I dont have alot of cash and my boots just went to the furthest of hell...and it started piling up snow yesterday...waterproof preferably.
>>
File: images (12).jpg (21 KB, 404x364)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
Recommend Pic related, Asolo TPS 520 Evo. Had a pair or Zamberlan Vioz GTX prior to these. Slightly cheaper, and wore through the soles faster but still a good boot.
>>
>>1253406
I've had a couple pairs in my short 25 years. I've liked them a lot, no complaints really. Not tally a brand loyalist though, I'll buy what ever I like that the local boot store has in my size when I need new boots for work.
>>
>>1253498
Nice to hear! Do you have to walk long in them before they feel comfy (their fit is pretty tight in my opinion )
>>
>>1252627
Seriously can someone tell me how boots like this feel on pavement and dirt? I kinda want a pair, but those heels look like it'd make it really awkward to walk in.
>>
>>1253436
>Asolo TPS 520 Evo
dey aite. comfy out of the box, but they didn't last long for me. soles peeled off partway through a trip and I had to duct tape them back on to make it back to the trailhead. for the money, I'd hope for better.

>>1253572
that was pretty much my experience with pic related. particularly since these guys use some weird sizing--I can only assume that they all use the same lasts that otto white brought to spokane in 1903 or whenever--so if you don't get them fitted by the manufacturer they'll probably be too narrow.

having said that, the heel digs in very nicely on steep, loose slopes and when walking on and through slash piles, especially if you have a vibram lug sole rather than whatever goofy fashion shit >>1252627 wants to get. but if you're not in that kind of country, no thanks jeff.
>>
File: 1491581167258.png (279 KB, 421x421)
279 KB
279 KB PNG
any decent shoes for 47 eu size?
>>
>>1253615
for a week hike
>>
>>1253406
i have a pair of Thorntons w/ Goretex (or something) very similar to yours.

theyre good, been through thousands of creeks and my feet never get wet. they are a bit on the heavy side, though, and get very warm after a couple of hours.

had 'em for 3 years and theyre still going strong
>>
>>1252627
>manlet heels
kek
>>
>>1253057
I have also those hunters. Best winter boots i've ever had. Used them in almost -30C weather with just normal wool sock and didn't feel cold once
>>
>>1251010
fucking lol, are you really going /out/ in those? Please don't tell me you are actually using them to hike
>>
>>1251783
What brand boots on far right?
>>
File: 5045936-SLA02.jpg (40 KB, 600x600)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
>>1250755
Vasque St Elias. Solid boot so far, but have not had them long enough to see durability.
>>
>>1253572
I don't mind the heel, it's pretty useful on steep slopes and walking on logs and rocks.

>>1253746
I'm 6'1" sorry, it's for function not compensation.

>>1253044
>>1253607
They aren't fashion boots, I need them since I'm in the conservation corps and all leather construction is required for wildland fire. I'll be getting the fire resistant lug sole, the picture was more just for the color. Whites got bought out. I need to look into jk and nicks more since I'm getting custom fit and fire shit anyways, just really don't like the look of roughout and it doesn't do as well in the wet in my experience.
>>
>>1254560
>I need to look into jk and nicks more since I'm getting custom fit and fire shit anyways, just really don't like the look of roughout and it doesn't do as well in the wet in my experience.
pretty sure they'll both do smooth out if you ask. drew's, too, if you haven't looked at them yet.
>>
File: IMG_20180421_103807.jpg (1.62 MB, 1728x3072)
1.62 MB
1.62 MB JPG
These aee my absolute favourite for hiking and day to day wear. Theyre waterproof comfy nimble and quiet. Non vibram so no slipping over tree roots mossy rocks or sumbmerged ones. Ive happily done 30km hikes in them without discomfort. Theyre cheap also.

Main con though, is if your stationary on a sunny day, the rubber absorbs the heat and turns them into little ovens.

Pic extremely related.
>>
>>1254418
Danner. The name escapes me though, sage something
>>
File: 20180420-172246.png (2.26 MB, 2560x1440)
2.26 MB
2.26 MB PNG
Last weekend i wore muckboots and an old pair of snowshoes and hiked about 5 miles. Near the end of the hike my right leg was hurting pretty bad. The pain was near my dangly bits right where my thigh connects to my pelvis. Left leg felt perfectly fine. Any ideas? I have fairly flat feet, my left foot is half a size bigger than my right, and my right foot is turned in a bit more than my left.
>>
>>1254560
honestly consider lowa baffin/scarpa fuego/cosmas hercules/haix missoula

I'm not 100% convinced that ye old tyme stitch down leather boots are a meme, but I suspect they might be more trouble than they're worth
>>
File: boot1.jpg (2 MB, 4032x3024)
2 MB
2 MB JPG
Is anyone ITT autistic enough about boots to identify what model the these Merrells are? I got them as a gift from my father 15 years ago when I took outdoor ed in high school and since then they've been so perfect that they've survived 5 pairs of potential replacement boots. Now they're on their last legs and I'd overpay to have another pair if I could find them.
>>
File: boot 2.jpg (2.82 MB, 4032x3024)
2.82 MB
2.82 MB JPG
>>1254643
Another pic showing the memetastic Octo-grip which is in tr
>>
>>1254644
-ruth, excellent. Fucked that post up nicely.
>>
File: 1407629766150.jpg (21 KB, 291x302)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
I'm unironically thinking of picking up a pair of primus trail SGs
>pic related
>>
>>1254668
any previous experience with minimalist type shoes? if not, altras might be an easier transition.
>>
>>1254692
also they're like the single most popular shoe for thru-hiking the PCT
>>
>>1254692
I've been walking around barefoot in everyday situations most of my life. Mostly just want something to protect against sharp rocks, thorns, animal poop etc. without looking like a hippy wearing a string and piece of cardboard. I'll check them out.
>>
File: P3080257.jpg (602 KB, 600x800)
602 KB
602 KB JPG
Anyone interested in getting custom tailored logger boots for work, i recommend it 500%, best decision ive ever made

i do utility line clearance (i climb and trim trees away form the lines) and in 1 year i went through 2 pairs of wolverines, and ive had my J.K's for 8 months now, and they fit like a glove and show no signs of slowing down
>>
>>1254718
how was the ordering process and break in?

been hearing a bit about these guys lately, but not sure what's organic and what's part of a lil marketing push
>>
>>1254302
that would work really well actually for ankle support and shit.

its almost a jack, and those are comfortable when broken in, I mean they are literally GI's with a reinforced shin plate. those are fine, stop being an asshole, even if anon just wanted them for ascetics, if it makes him happy, and protects him from roots and falls, then why bother railing him over it?

Belmont-anon, these will serve you better though. there's a cheaper hard leather variant if you prefer.

I don't care how you do it or why, just get /out/!
>>
>>1254758
>even if anon just wanted them for ascetics,
>>
File: 0.png (19 KB, 120x120)
19 KB
19 KB PNG
>>1254758
>>
>>1254768
aesthetic...FML autocorrect.

still, if boots make a dude happier, let him have his boots.

if they suck ass, he'll learn.
>>
Any thoughts on Dinner Tachyon or Tanicus? Looking for some kind 8 inch all-rounder boot.
>>
>>1250755
What do I do if my boots are rubbing in the heel? How is the best way to lace them? It seems like if I lace them too tight then there is pressure on the heel and when I go up a hill the heel just grinds against the back of the boot.
>>
File: 4.jpg (37 KB, 354x450)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
Summer Ichigi. Varusteleka has Finnish leather jackboots that might be available if you're looking for something cheap and good
>>
>>1254832
I would hope to god the stitching on those isn't as shitty as it looks...no offense.
>>
I am switching from these heavy duty boots, which are uncomfortable to walk with if you don't have weights strapped onto your shoulders to a mix between normal sneakers with good profile for normal road combined with mountain boots for steep rocky terrain.
>>
Are brittish army boots good for out? They are cheap enough at the local surplus store, I need something that would support my bad ankle and those have a long shaft.
>>
>>1254746
Ordering was great, i went with J.K Boots because when i called them, the guy making my boot answered and not a receptionist, real genuine family owned business. I just sent in my fit sheet, and about 2 weeks later they sent me a try-on test pair (which is really cool they do that) i called them and told them what needed to be fixed on the try on pair, and then 4 weeks later my boots came in. lemme tell ya, having a boot that fits so well to the exact contours of your feet to the point that air suction occurs is an unforgettable experience.

Break in was great, ill admit, the first 2 weeks sucked, because i was working in PIC RELATED in wyoming for the first 2 weeks i had them, going up and down steep mountains with a chainsaw, yeah it felt like i was standing barefoot on a linoleum floor for 2 weeks. Then after that the foot mold started setting in and now these boots are the most comfortable pair of shoes ill ever own, im not joking i could sleep in these puppies.

another plus i didnt expect was how well these things air out, i have REALLY sweaty feet that eat away at socks and ive yet to even heavily sweat in these things once.

J.K is the real deal, im serious you should consider them, tell them Trevor sent ya if you ever do
>>
Wanna buy these badboys for a Balkan trekking this summer. Including summits(2.5k)

Is it ok? Or you gotta have hightops?
>>
File: Mens.High_.Tops_.primark.jpg (110 KB, 1000x1000)
110 KB
110 KB JPG
>>1254971
Why would you want high tops?
>>
>>1254971
>Is it ok? Or you gotta have hightops?
totally fine as long as they fit. ankle support is mostly in the heel counter. most everybody who thru hikes the pct or the at nowadays does it in altra lone peaks or brooks cascadias.

>>1254967
good deal brah
>they sent me a try-on test pair (which is really cool they do that)
agree, that is a huge huge plus and definitely something I will look for when I buy my next work boots
>>
File: Snapchat-1260697632.jpg (545 KB, 1080x1920)
545 KB
545 KB JPG
Scarpa. Never thought I was going to get this brand but so far have turned out to be ungodly comfy.
>>
>>1254993
Once you drop the money on good boots it's so hard to go back to shit like merrells and keenes
>>
Merrell Moab low top for just day hiking, chacos for day hiking&swimming or if I think there’s a chance I’m going to be messing around in a stream or creek or something. Moab high tops if camping backpack and all. I’m sure there’s more expensive boots/shoes that blow these out of the water but unless you’re doing some serious shit Merrells will probably suit you just fine.
>>
File: 1502109505521.jpg (83 KB, 1062x546)
83 KB
83 KB JPG
I need a pair of boots that are identical to these. He used to get size 9 Northerner insulated pac boots with a zipper in the front. A different brand with the same everything is what he wants because these are sold out literally everywhere and nothing less will fucking satisfy him.
>>
>>1255002
Yeah, the boots I had before were Keens, they seemed really good at the time. After two seasons and a few lost toenails I looked into splurging into some good boots. I found that the more simple the better and leather is proven. Also use beeswax over mink oils.
>>
>>1255168
>size 9

Manlet defected
>>
File: 8518149_YVZ0.jpg (577 KB, 1134x1134)
577 KB
577 KB JPG
Any one have any experience with the Rocky S2V Enhanced Hot Weather Jungle Boots?

I'm station at Ft Polk and need a hot weather boot for high humidity. Also I hear some rumors about a US Army hot weather boot, should I hold off and see if that ever comes to fruition?
>>
>>1255302
being proportional is the important part, ever seen a guy who is 6'4 and wears a size 8 shoe? most fucking clumsy, unbalanced guys on the planet
>>
>>1255313

>ever seen a guy who is 6'4 and wears a size 8 shoe?

Do you have to imagine a scenario that doesn't exist to justify your behavior? I was just joking but you have serious issues
>>
File: 1520053874857.jpg (13 KB, 476x356)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
>>1255339
i mean im not a manlet i was just posing an example of why it wouldnt really matter if you are proportional is all
>>
What's the general consensus on Timberland brand hiking boots?
>>
>>1255530
Absolute shit.
>>
if i go for a hike I wear clarks DBs and puttees (winter) or longer socks (in summer)

i'm in australia though so i don't think it's great for anything too wet.
>>
>>1255530
Their white ledge line is ok, I used them for a few years in a row, but I bought a different one with less leather that was lighter and had more agressive treading and it started giving me pain in both of my knees. You gotta find something you like out of their stuff, a lot is hit or miss
>>
File: boots_201_1296x.jpg (157 KB, 1296x1296)
157 KB
157 KB JPG
https://kommandostore.com/collections/catalog/products/austrian-bundesheer-paratrooper-boots

Thoughts?
>>
>>1255645
oh hell yeah!

can't beat the classics.
>>
>>1255645
Hey /k/
>>
>>1255302
He's not that tall, but he was a damn strong wrestler who won state championships in HS and came out of basic training in the army with top marks for physical prowess. I'd hate to get on his bad side because wrestling is the lanklet's biggest fear.
>>
File: image.jpg (263 KB, 409x462)
263 KB
263 KB JPG
Are these boots good starter ones? Just picked them up on a good sale, they were Larousse 60, originally 150. Brand is Chaco and I like that they have a WIDE toe box that follows natural foot shape, I can’t stand shoes with narrow unnatural shapes toe boxes.
>>
>>1254618
They probably have their drawbacks but I've honestly decided goretex isn't worth it. Turns the boots into a sweat lodge which kinda defeats the original purpose, slows the rate the boots dry, then it fails after a year or so of heavy use. All leather is a requirement by the NWCG besides
>>
>>1255645
When it comes to Euro style combat boots, I can't shill enough for those:
https://www.asmc.de/Bekleidung/Schuhwerk/Schuhe-und-Socken/Stiefel/BW-Bergschuh-KSK-3000-original-p.html

Quite costly, especially if you're from overseas and have to pay for shipping, but once you have them, it's a good long term investment
>>
>>1255305
The hot weather jungle boot does exist
It was only given to the 25th I think, don't know if it's gone any further than that so don't hold your breath

The S2V Jungles are apparently not as good as the regular S2V, I'd say get Altama's Jungle boots
>that Vietnam aesthetic
>>
>>1254993
these are some quality looking boots.
>>
>>1255842
Thank you señor
>>
>>1255820
yeah I'm pretty sure all of those are all-leather and regularly used by wildland firefighters though there might be gtx versions of some (e.g. lowa baffin vs lowa baffin pro)
>>
Is it even possible to find good boots around $50? They'd need to be wide. I don't want to spend too much because I am a poorfag.
>>
>>1256044
Not normally. Save up. Footwear is the most important single piece of kit.
>>
>>1251783
what is the middle boot?
>>
>>1256044
>They'd need to be wide
if you want something to hike in, look for sales on trail runners, especially altras. they're wear items and won't last all that long, but plenty of people thru-hike the pct in them (though they go through like 7-10 pair)

if for some reason you need boots, yeah, you're shit outta luck at that price point
>>
>>1255645
I just ordered a pair and they won't get in til friday, so I can't speak to the comfort or quality yet. But $50 USD and free shipping for surplus combat boots is a steal, especially at the quality they're claiming. I'll post about them when they come in.
>>
What can I get for at most $90? What's my best bet?
>>
File: minimil.jpg (54 KB, 440x527)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
Anyone here where minimalist shoes? I'm afraid that my issued boots are making my ankles weak and thinking about these.
>>
I ordered some milsurp boots by a manufacturer whose similar boots I had previously worn for many years. They were at least 0.5 sizes too small. I also later bought hiking shoes that seemed to fit me well in the store, but after using them for a while I realized they're slightly too small. I don't know why this has to be so fucking difficult. This isn't even the first time this has happened, and I really hate buying footwear as a result.
>>
File: image.jpg (186 KB, 627x453)
186 KB
186 KB JPG
>>1256296
I haven’t but I want to try the vivobarefoot boot. 230 is a little pricey, maybe they go on sale?

I’m so tired of footwear not designed for the human foot.
>>
>>1253436
Warning, these boots reach about 6,000,000 degrees after 15 minutes of use. Super comfy once you get used to that though
>>
File: L38088600.jpg (241 KB, 1000x1000)
241 KB
241 KB JPG
They've served me very well. Would recommend.
>>
Going on my first real "hike" in Sedona in a couple of weeks. Don't know shit about hiking boots. Want to get a good pair that I can use at home (Virginia) and out there. I go to parks and trails a lot, but I want to take this to the next stage.

I see a ton of $200+ price point hiking boots ans I've tried to research this but I feel kinda overwhelmed. I am having trouble justifying spending hundreds on shoes when I can't even understand the difference between their functions.

What do you guys recommend?
>>
>>1256760
Thats why I'm looking at the Mini Mil. Its normally around $130
>>
>>1256854
I recommend not thinking to hard about it. Find a good deal online if you're patient as you can usually just return something doesn't for well or go to a store and try something on. The benefit to spending money on boots is how long they last. Also, don't feel like you need boots.
>>
File: kiss-gene-simmons-costume.jpg (502 KB, 1750x2500)
502 KB
502 KB JPG
>>1255530
>>
>>1250755
Sorry to tell you all so late in the thread but boots are for pussies. Real /out/ists rep hobbit gear.
>>
>>1256949
Woah those are awesome, exactly what I am looking for in boot. Price is high but not unreasonable for what they are.
>>
I put these through the ringer this weekend and they exceeded all expectations. Absolutly recommend. Only issue is they did not perform as well on slick rocks as well as my brothers llbean hiking boots. I wouldn’t have noticed if my brother was not sprinting up slick smooth rock hills.
>>
File: a11016_640x569[1].jpg (50 KB, 640x569)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
Got these faggots months ago.

Every trip I've taken where I hike more than 5 miles I get terrible blisters on the tops of my toes and have to break out moleskin. Any advice? Worn them with those thicker Kirkland wool blend socks and a thinner double-layer wool blend but same shit happened. It seems like the top of the boot is just too damn stiff.

Real shame because the boots feel super sturdy and actually fit really well for flat walking.
>>
>>1257083

blisters mean your foot is pressing up against the shoe too much.

You're probably wearing shoes that are too tight at the tip (causing your toes to squeeze up against the tops).

I can't stand wearing wool socks because they usually have a large weaving pattern. To avoid blisters I try to use thin, sleek socks.
>>
I need some ankle boots or trainers so I can fit my puttees in and walk in mostly urban areas (and not so urban areas ofc).

Under £60 would be preferred but I can expand my price range if I have to.
>>
>>1257088
bummer. when I tried them on the larger size had too much heel slip.

any sock brands you prefer?
>>
File: 8112zo-Y8JL.jpg (391 KB, 1920x1440)
391 KB
391 KB JPG
Maybe it's because I've historically used really shitty boots, but these are top tier comfy.
>>
>>1256966
The problem I have with stores is I feel pressured to make a fast decision and buy something. That is really bad for buying shoes. And online is worse since it's a lottery and you don't know if the size will be right.
>>
If I have a budget of around $120, what would my best option be for good boots/shoes for hiking rough terrain? I want something that won't hurt after a while, and has good tread.
>>
>>1257138
probably a Merrell Moab

Not the most durable but I've never met a person who owns them and hasn't had good success taking them on most terrain (that isn't rain forest)
>>
>>1257092
Good for bushwhackin through Central Park maybe. What a fuckin joke some of y’all are. Where’s the faggot suggesting Yeller Wings whitewalls yet; they /innies/ are comin outta the woodwork.
>>
>>1257083
Leave em out in the sun. Neetsfoot em while they’re hot. Put em back in the sun. Repeat till they won’t take oil anymore. Wear them everyday.
Apologies for /in/ photo, but I did just get back from fishing.
>>
>>1257199
Come on anon, just because I know fuck all about boots doesn't mean I'm a city-dwelling larper. What boots would you suggest?
>>
>>1257204
thanks m8
>>
Schnee's Beartooth
>>
File: 20180424_191701.jpg (2.29 MB, 4032x3024)
2.29 MB
2.29 MB JPG
I got a pair of used boots recently, they're decently beat up but still got plenty of life in them. Thing is, they're dirty as hell. Besides giving them a good antimicrobial spray inside, any tips for cleaning and servicing them?
>>
>>1257233
I'm getting a pair of granite IIs
>>
>>1257206
Any of the actual hiking boots ITT. Just buy a pair of Merrel Moabs at McStore and be done with it for a couple years.
>>
Any recommendations for a high boot with a FLAT foot bed? I'm tired of all these heel cups and high arches. They don't work for my shitty feet.

I don't have flat feet, but these "ergonomic" shoes all create horrible pressure points.
>>
>>1257229
Thank logcabinlooms. He taught me. Stubborn old fucker is a wealth of lost knowledge.
>>
>>1257310
>Merrel Moabs
Literally exactly what I was doing. They hurt like fuck after going more than eight miles or so.
>>
>>1257321
Then buy salolamodingdongs or RAHLowas or HanSolos or David Earle Keenes, something higher end, or go to a store that sells hiking boots and have the shoeboy help fit you or harden up your feet by making an effort to walk more, but for cryin out loud don’t go posting fashion boots that are going to get you hurt.
>>
>>1257083
probably wrong size, or just the wrong last for your foot shape
you can lace for more room in the toebox by not crossing eyelets; it'll feel too loose at first. never tried this with boots, but works great with running shoes

>>1257312
how flat do you need and what have you tried? if you're looking for a leather work boot, drew's klamath, drew's forest trail, maybe nick's FT last (you have to click through the pictures a bit) or danner super rain forest. there's also leather heavy hikers like the asolos people have been posting, various danner hiking boots, lowa tibet/baffin, merrell wilderness, etc.

but are you sure you need boots, because it sounds like altra trail runners might be just your thing.
>>
>>1257312
oh, and if you're down to try some odder shit there's russell moccasin co or the ll bean maine hunter boots. technically fulfill a lot of ppe requirements but nevertheless quite flat and flexible. there's a guy on the mtbr forums who uses them for trail work.
>>
>>1257331
I couldn't wear Merrell Moabs for more than 30 minutes around the house. I couldn't stand Salomon Quest 4D GTX /k/-meme editions for more than 5 minutes. The heel cup was INSANE on those things.

I have a pair of Merrell Capra Rise sneakers that are OK. They have a little arch, but that's fine.

Forced myself to wear an expensive pair of Chippewa Apache boots for about a year with foam insoles that I modified to flatten out the extreme slope to the toebox.

The boots I've had the best luck with are "duty" style boots like Bates and Magnum brand stuff. I guess something like that with a little less "mall cop" A E S T H E T I C would be ideal/
>>
>>1257341
yeah, try altras imo. I like the superior (also available as a "boot" of sorts) and the olympus.
>>
>>1257186

To be honest, my Moabs did fine in Costa Rica. Granted it's not the Brazilian jungles but I did a bit of back country and they were great.
>>
>>1257133
Almost every place does free returns especially for a new size.
>>
Would anyone here like to critique the boots my friend wears? Specifically Interceptor Force. They seem like a shitty, average pair, but he's sworn by them for over a decade, and I can't tell if he's right or he's just too stubborn to buy a better pair.
>>
>>1257481
if it's stupid but it works, it ain't stupid
>>
>>1257199
Worst thing I see about it is the sole, if it was the usual vibram lug sole it'd be alright if still heavy.
>>
>>1257666
Heavy is a personal preference issue, but the outsole is the most important fucking part.
>step on moist log
>feet immediately go out from under you
>had on backpack so extra weight results in ankle injury
>have to be cuckocoptered out
>>
File: cat-colorado-muddy01_6.jpg (184 KB, 1600x1200)
184 KB
184 KB JPG
I'm new to /out/ stuff. I've been wearing these for walks and stuff because I've had them for years. I plan to climb a mountain in the summer, do I need to upgrade or will these suffice? they seem pretty sturdy but I don't really have any other point of reference.
>>
>>1257293
Mine are stiff as hell, I'm probably 50 miles in. You're gonna have a long break-in period. Start hiking in them a couple months before you need to.
>>
>>1257725
Good to know, thanks for the heads up.
>>
>>1250967
Amazing boots. Will keep buying them as long as they still make them.
>>
>>1254993
Scarpa is an incredible brand. Hiked the hell out of these for 3-4 years in all conditions and terrains imaginable, from heavy snow or muddy wet conditions to arid, dry desert.
>>
Use these for my job.
>>
Does anyone have experience with hiking in LL bean Maine hunting shoes? What were they like on the trail
>>
>>1257692
it's a cheap shit brand, but if yours are in good condition and they fit your feet they're fine.

>>1257883
tfw no wide size in fuegos reeeee
>>
>>1257083
Try using thinner socks. If that still doesn't work just tape your toes and keep trucking and hope it's break in.
>>
What's a good, cheap ankle boot?
>>
File: IMAG0536.jpg (3.33 MB, 4000x3000)
3.33 MB
3.33 MB JPG
£30 used ebay brashers, only 4 years old.

It's a shame the brand got eaten by Berhaus and their quality dropped like a fucking rock.
>>
>>1250755
Going hiking in Zion/Grand Canyon at the end of May/Early June and I'm seeing that you should expect to get wet at some parts so the Lowa Zephyrs I was looking at are no good. Does anyone have good suggestions for someone whose feet get hot?
>>
>>1250755
Got some $50 Hi-Tecs from the bargain cave at my local Cabelas, and threw some $10 memory foam inserts from CVS in there. Had them almost 3 years and they've been the best boots I've ever had.
>>
>>1256850
What model are those?
Thinking about buying a pair of those
>>
What's a good work/hiking waterproof, steel toed boot?
>>
>>1258338
i'm more interested in the ramps.
>>
>>1258437
>ramps
Que?
>>
>>1255645
I just got a pair in the mail yesterday, lmao!
They're fucking amazing quality for the money, arund 50 dollars. Pair I got isn't broken in at all and almost brand new. Half lined but still pretty stiff and hard-soled. I'm gonna break them in but they are good for walking, feet didn't get messed up first day just a bit sore
>>
>>1256067
Special order thing from a guy on /k/ with a South African hookup
>>
>>1251010
Don't give up. I had military style leather boots similar to that, after it was broken it took the shape my feet and leg and pulling them up felt like nothing. I only knew from the weight I was wearing something. It served me well more than a decade.
>>
>>1258425
Same as >>1257047

X-ultra 3 gtx Mid
>>
>>1256067
>>1258566
>>1251783

They were the Rhodesian forces boots, you could get them with conventional soles or the smooth no track left behind sole that it was originally designed with. They were like $250 and you had to preorder them. Nugget enterprises said that they might do it again. I didn't get them cause I didn't know quality. So if anon that has them, are they worth the 250
>>
>>1258677
They're pretty good quality, runs a bit big but that's ok as I can fit a nice insole in them. They were less than 150 but if you say 250 then 250 is what I'll sell them for
>>
File: Zamberlan.jpg (40 KB, 648x510)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
>>1250755
I have narrow and long feet and the Zamberlans are the most comfortable boot I've ever worn. They've held up extremely well from hiking in New Mexico to mucking through bad weather up 5th avenue in New York. For those who want a well constructed and comfortable boot, I can't say enough for these Italian sh*t kickers.
>>
File: 282779_926_41.jpg (32 KB, 428x494)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
Are Boa Boots a meme? Friend got a pair and says they're a good set of work boots but I'm still skeptical.
>>
>>1257481
They trigger me, ugly as fuck, I would be depressed having to see those on my feet
>>
Should Gore- texTM be a meme to be avoided or is it any good?

Bonus question; Are Clarks any good for casual boots for casual walking in [spoiler]casually[/spoiler]?
>>
>>1259132
goretex doesn't last and takes forever to dry
>>
>>1259137
Fugg. Should I avoid buying shoes with it in completely or is there a way to remove it?
>>
What are the best hiking shoes for the price? Do they really make a difference from nice thin sneakers?
>>
>>1259156
??
>>
Can anyone recommend a set of low regular cut boot that is waterproof as hell and good for everyday wear in Michigan conditions?

I’ve gone through merrells, vasque, and timberland (free) and none have lasted a year.

I’m a conservation officer so I need something suited to go from driving a pickup to hiking a muddy trail with inches of standing water.

Price point is anywhere up to around $200.
>>
File: DSC00790 - Copy.jpg (483 KB, 1536x1152)
483 KB
483 KB JPG
those are old Aigle boots, beaten to shit
do you guys know where I could cop a similar looking pair? I wanna keep the same color tone
>>
If I feel like my boots are a hair too large, what do? Add a thick insole? Anyone have a recommendation, or are they all the same? The boot normally gets worn on hikes or just knocking around town, maybe light yard work.
>>
>>1259370
>Add a thick insole?
or thicker socks, or lace tighter, or buy new boots that fit better
>>
I just bought a pair of Salomon Quest 4DX because my job gives a really generous boot allowance and boy are they /comfy/.
>>
>>1259141
It's usually a goretex layer under the leather. I've had good luck with boots that have it and I spray herbicide for a living. Though if you fully submerge your boot in water, it will take forever to dry, but it will keep it out as long as it doesn't go over the top of the boot.
>>
>>1259370
Still too large in the evening/after a couple hours hiking? Things swell after a while, so it's actually good if they're a bit too large in the morning
>>
>>1259401
I'd say they're very close to "just right" after hiking or working a few hours, still if you know what I mean, I find myself banging my toe on the ground to get a tighter fit. Not sure if that made sense, or if I'm the only one who does that, but yeah I'll try some thicker insoles.
>>
>>1259414
Haha yeah, done that too.
For soles I can recommend those, bit pricey but really comfy: https://www.amazon.de/FootActive-SPORT-Einlegesohlen-Sport-Freizeit/dp/B00FY34X9M
Company is Australian, so if I can get them here in Europe then I'm sure they sell all over the (1st) world
>>
File: 81mFwNkvB-L._SX480_.jpg (24 KB, 480x360)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
I just wear a pair of these
>>
File: Untitled.png (374 KB, 552x505)
374 KB
374 KB PNG
>>1256296
>>1256760
>>1256999
Any thoughts on the Lem's Boulder Boot?
>>
>>1258113
Waterproofing is nice. Next to no ankle support though.
>>
File: 41xwMOQdqfL.jpg (31 KB, 500x404)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
Anyone have an opinion on these Salomons? I bought them for exploits on Dartmoor, UK. Dont get me wrong, Dartmoor is a miserable shit of place.
>>
>>1259392
Well, that's not so bad then. I guess I won't cross off Gore- Tex(TM) boots from my boot ideas list...
>>
>>1259339
Kinda looks like Danner Jags but I'm doubtful of their quality, pretty sure they're more sneaker than boot
>>
File: 81ymAJmsoyL._UX395_.jpg (20 KB, 395x219)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
>>
>>1259489
I've used a pair for the past 4 years and they've been great
>>
What socks does /out/ recommend?
Oh, and just what are insoles for exactly?
>>
>>1259433

Have a pair of the full size baggy's in leather, they don't stop water, and the sole ends up being the perfect size to catch little gravel rocks. They're just alright
>>
>>1260239
Also have different pairs of Salomons, they work great.
>>
>>1260276
Darn Tough 1/4 hiker's are great, ridiculously tough, only downside is that my feet tend to sweat.
>>
>>1250967
Got mines a few months ago and I love them, they are so comfy right out of the box. I used them in the snow for short hours walks with no problems. I'm worried about them being too hot for the summer but i'll see soon.
>>
>>1250969
The loop is for glow sticks/ night outs
>>
>>1254967
I appreciate the insight. I’ve been pretty content with my boot choices but I always felt there was something better.
>>
>>1253423
You can usually find decent boots at great prices if you're willing to shop secondhand, they'll already be broken in and goodwill doesn't usually realise hiw much they should be worth
>>
These are a little tight on my left foot but are solid on righ rocky ground, also moab 2 for everything thats not major ascent stuff.
>>
File: 1525209501055-1971587992.jpg (2.03 MB, 3264x2448)
2.03 MB
2.03 MB JPG
>>1250755
Clarks GTX or something like that. I love them, they fit perfect. Use them year round. This is my second pair. I ruined the first pair drunk walking through a creek. They smelled bad forever after that. Still have them, but ya, that ruined them forsure. Didnt want my feet to stink everytime i wore them so just got a good deal on a new pair
>>
>>1250755
Have a fucking great pair of Salomons but the rubber is coming away from the shoe after many years. What is best shoe glue?
>>
anyone got some recommendations for long hiking adventures? saved up some cash to get me some good boots since i dont want to suffer while traveling in nature.

prefs should be: easy to maintain, comfort, waterproofed since i'll end up walking through snow and durability.

price can be around 200~250€
>>
File: Capture.png (513 KB, 715x543)
513 KB
513 KB PNG
Just picked up some Merrell Moab 2 Mids. Are these going to be good for long, strenuous, day hikes? They seem really comfortable out of the box.
>>
File: 3.jpg (494 KB, 1080x1004)
494 KB
494 KB JPG
>>1254643
>>1254644
>>1254645

They look like my old pair of Peaks by Merrell. Unfortunately they stopped making these like 2 years ago so I doubt you'll find a pair. Check out Zamberlan they make a great boot
>>
Are Danner Super Rainforests worth the money? I've spent most my life a poorfag so the most I've spent on boots has been like $129, which typically last a year for me. I'm at the point now I can actually buy a decent set of boots and I've been looking into the Danners which seem to be well loved. I'll be honest I don't lurk on /out/ much and I didn't see any pastebins/infographics on good boot brands.
>>
>>1264113
they're solid work boots. drew's are also good work boots in that price range. I wouldn't recommend them for hiking.
>>
>>1261853
Probably? Those are possibly the most popular hiking boot on the planet.
>>
>>1253406
>Post 17 days ago
Trying my luck. Anything bad with these? I do like how they look. Presumably that is their field boots.
>>
how are haix?
>>
File: 2017-09-07_08-50-11.jpg (646 KB, 1600x1200)
646 KB
646 KB JPG
>>1266137
Got the KSK3000, good for alpine off-trail stuff, but a bit stiff in the beginning and take their sweet time to break in, so a bit overkill for on-trail flat terrain day hikes
>>
>>1266137
Never met anyone who doesn't love them. I was still a bit sceptical about their "goretex in everything" policy... but they lately learned themselves and have a few non-gtx boots now.
>>
I just use my work boots, which are Garmount T8 Bifidas. Really thinking about buying Merrell Phaserbounds, but thats a waaaaaaaay distant purchase I think.
>>
File: IMG_20180508_100819609_LL.jpg (2.94 MB, 2160x3840)
2.94 MB
2.94 MB JPG
>>1250755
I've been hiking in steel toe work boots so
I picked up a pair of Merrell MOAB 2 mid waterproof today.

How'd I do?
>>
I've been wearing merrel memeoabs for like three years and they have successfully performed the role of a pair of shoes in my life
>>
>>1266216
I specifically look for non-waterproof shoes for general outdoor stuff. Too damn hot down here for what little use you'll get out of being able to walk through 3" of water.
>>
>>1264436
had mine for 5 years or so. The black part on the heel just started coming off but I gorilla glued the bitch back on and I’m hoping I don’t have to get a new pair. Pretty comfy, never get blisters after long hikes. They’ve been my only pair so I can’t really offer any comparisons but if you can get em cheap then get em
>>
>>1264436
>>1266415
Forgot to add, the specific name of the boot is Plymouth trail waterproof hiking boots.
>>
>>1266372
Well I don't see why their non-waterproof ones should have worse ergonomics, padding, whatever.
>>
>>1266372
If you're in Europe, maybe consider the Lowa Renegade LL. Most people get the GTX version, but I tend to sweat easily, so the former one is better for rather dry day hikes without downpours desu
>>
Any recommendations for hot weather boots? My feet are always super warm and I sweat easily so moisture is a concern.
>>
>>1254993
How are these leather boots in summer? Wouldn't your feet get wet as fuck and then just develop blisters?
>>
>>1258844
They're reliable enough but not really field repairable so you wouldn't catch me in the backcountry with any boa stuff. On boots they're kind of gimmicky. Get some boots with D ring eyelets or pulley eyelets instead and you'll get that same uniform tightness across the foot. Examples would be the vasque sundowners or the asolo tps series.
>>
>>1266835
from the inside out: foot powder, thin wicking inner sock (silk or polypro/coolmax), possibly more powder, thick outer sock, boot. Worked fine for me.

Having said that, I generally think you don't really need boots unless you're working or carrying heavy fucking shit.
>>
>>1267264
Boots have saved my ankles a few times...

What's a good hiking shoe then?
>>
>>1267421
Depends on your foot. I like Altra Olympus/Lone Peak, though not at retail prices.
>>
>>1250967
I've used mine to -15 F doing some >5000ft summits in Alaska. Used with gaiters they're great. Also did the chilkoot trail in them. Great 4 season boot. Just gotta keep moving.
>>
>>1254832
I have the finnish army leather boots and i can say they are amazing. The only drawback is that they are slippery on ice (at least the pair i bought. there are many variants of the sole but i dont know how the others do on ice). If you buy unused ones they will last forever. I think the varusteleka ones are used so they might not last that long. In finland there is this "sa kauppa" (SA=suomen armeija=finnish army, kauppa=store. There you can get unused great quality boots but only if you live in finland.
>>
>>1267804
Just to clarify that "they last forever" if you maintain them properly. The used ones are usually fucked, not stored properly and not maintained properly.
>>
sup dudes. I have a pair of canadian army combat boots I'd like to use for prolonged hiking.

The problem is, they came with no insoles, the heels are very hard, and even with Dr schols inserts my heels still feel sore after 5 hours of hiking- when I'm aiming for 10 hours a day.

What can I do to make these things bearable?
>>
>>1251010
now these are some real boots. I've worn plenty of merrel and similar and I'm quite tired of having to buy new ones every year because they all end up breaking after a few hikes
>>
>>1251598
those look good
>>
>>1253057
just looking at them hurts my feet
>>
>>1254758
I'm going to find you and kill you you fucking nigger
>>
>>1266419
>>1264436
Those are Timberland Chocuras. I have a a pair. Haven't been real far in them, maybe put 50km on them, but they seem great quite frankly
>>
>>1253607
Minnesotan /out/ here, ive had a generally positive experience with logger style boots, real nice for support and posture. ya really do get some good grip with them and provide a very stable platform. I have yet to take them out on a serious through hike, will report back after i graduate.
>>
>>1267864
My Lowa Camino GTXs are probably the most comfortable boots I have owned. Also probably the most expensive, so I can't say I am an expert on premium boots.

https://www.varusteleka.com/en/product/norwegian-m77-combat-boots/25108

Anyone got experience with these Norwegian combat boots? I want a pair of non-membrane.
>>
>>1253423
I bought the cheapest pair at Academy. No: Most people would not recommend them. But they've served me well for a couple hundred cumulative miles, so far.
>>
I have a great pair of winter boots but I plan on doing some desert exploring this summer and I don't think my thick leather and fur lined boots will work.

The only thing is they must be breathable, lightweight, ankle high and not super expensive. Any recs?
>>
File: 1520310882895.jpg (182 KB, 768x1024)
182 KB
182 KB JPG
so i know this isn't boot related but this is the only footwear thread i see so i was wondering if you guys could help.
i love running barefoot and have been doing it for a few years but due to some health issues with the bottoms of my feet, i need a pair of shoes. but i want something as minimalist as possible so i can still feel as free as i once was.
have some booty for the trouble.

>TL;DR:
what would the best brand of sandal shoe be for a guy that hates actual shoes.
>>
>>1271324
By the way i have $150 to blow and they can't be vibrams because i am missing a toe.
>>
What would be a good outdoor/hiking/combat boot to buy?
>>
>>1257692
I used to sell Caterpillar branded stuff, it was just a cheap boot that was favored by a lot of mexican dayworkers. You're better off with really anything else mentioned in this thread.
>>
File: uwot.jpg (19 KB, 300x277)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
why are tracking boots better than cheap military leather boots? Why should i waste so much money? Everywhere i hear it, buy some goretex,tracking, wunderwaffel super expensive boots, dont go to Altay with ordinary military boots. What should i buy if i have 100$?
>>
>>1271424
(Old style) combat boots have almost non-existent padding, thus will take ages to break in, you can't just buy new ones and go on a long hike straight away.
Also usually quite heavy if that's a worry to you
>>
>>1271324
check out https://www.correcttoes.com/foot-help/shoe-list/correct-toes-approved-shoes/correct-toes-approved-mens/#athletic for ideas
>>
>>1258596
>>1259390
>>1259489
http://www.eusalomon.online/salomon-xchase-mid-gtx174-p-14692.html

On sale with up to 80% off which is the right price for them and not usual kikery.
>>
>>1250755
Got myself some old British army pattern boots (assault boots?), the full leather ones with polyurethane soles. Turns out that shit hydrolyses and falls apart after 15 or so years and the ones I got must have been waiting around that long since they looked pristine but the sole lasted a month.

Would a cobbler have a sole compatible with it if I just drop it off with him or should I buy some vibram soles myself and get them attached professionally?

Pic related
>>
File: 20180516_133354.jpg (1.06 MB, 3264x1836)
1.06 MB
1.06 MB JPG
Bought these years ago and have gone hundreds of miles over all kinds of terrain. Only issue ever is that one of the laces is wearing out.
>>
>ordered a pair of Lowa Renegade LL (the leather version without Goretex) almost 2 weeks ago as a warm season boot
>still haven't received them, and now upon re-checking the site I ordered from says "available again by Aug 20", while when I ordered it had said "3-4 work days"
REEE they were the only seller supposedly having them on stock in my size (EU48.5/UK13), now it's either phoning them to cancel my order or waiting until summer is almost over. Goddamit, this world is made for ants
>>
File: nicks boots lineman.jpg (90 KB, 1200x1200)
90 KB
90 KB JPG
we must go taller
>>
File: 1503959534134.jpg (98 KB, 640x625)
98 KB
98 KB JPG
>>1255645
Literally on all 4chan boards people will discuss these boots lmao
>>
>>1272688
Dear God that is sexy
>>
File: 1496377755400.jpg (165 KB, 1207x868)
165 KB
165 KB JPG
Why is it so fucking hard to find these boots or boots like these? I want these fucking boots! Look at the alternative choice, the cocksuckers! What other choice is there? For the love of shit, please help me.
>>
File: 1511193247572.jpg (26 KB, 314x665)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
>>1273243
I'd much rather have a zipper in the front, but beggers cant be choosers.
>>
Hey guys, I'm looking for some good recommendations on boots.
I'm mainly looking for all-terrain, all-weather preferably in mid-top length and black in color, and they need to be durable as hell.
My limit is no more more than $70 since money is tight.
Any good recommendations?
>>
could some UK (or EU) bros recc me some good boots for hiking pls
preferably no more than £100-120 or less
>>
>>1266297
you did fine, anon.
>>
>>1273741
>$70
Hit up the local thrift store or craigslist and hope you find something in your size. Any boot that cheap will be some fragile Walmart-tier shit.
>>
>>1256760
Bought a pair over Christmas, they feel weird but they're pretty rugged and really grippy, not as flexible as other barefoot shoes but you can get used to them easy.
>>
File: Ddkgph-WAAEZC_l.jpg (44 KB, 500x464)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
>>1250755
Anyone know decent boots for flat feet and for maximum comfiness?
>>
>>1253406
I've had a bunch of Timberlands, comfy and work well enough, but they wear out in a year or two for me. I'm pretty rough on boots though and end up being in rough as fuck terrain lots of jagged rock and cacti though.

I keep buying them though cause they're cheap and I know they fit my giant odd shaped feet, what's $70 every year or three?
>>
Last year I went for a two week hike in the Scotish Uplands. A whole lot of bogland soaked my shoes and I had to give up after only three days and 60 miles.

The next couple of weeks my feet completely lost all skin and I pretty much couldn't walk.

> pic related, the kind of shoe i took

What kind of shoe would I need for this? I met a lady who was wearing gaiters and she had the exact same problem.

I really want to finish the hike (Southern Upland Way) but I am scared I get the same problem? What shoes do I need?
>>
>>1275083
A compareable shoe, also Meindl.
>>
>>1257047
I got these off of your recommendation and I couldn’t be more happy. Thanks anon
>>
Hey guys I'm wondering if there's a list of recommended boots or can I get some recommendations, please? I'll be in el Chico Mexico for a couple of weeks.

Thank you.
>>
>>1253423
The Adidas Hiking boots are pretty good at a lower price

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.