[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/out/ - Outdoors

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

If I was about to backpack all the way across Russia with a min. budget, how many times would I die and how long would it take?
>>
Bout tree fiddy
>>
>>1271995
Das rite' ... tree fiddy.
>>
>>1271995
>how many times would I die
Are you human or cat?
>>
>>1272028
Pls be catboi
>>
>>1271995
>map is 3yrs out of date
>>
You would die several times, in Siberia alone.
>>
>>1271995
Stay away of Caucasus, get use to drink hard liquers, always tell that Putin is mightiest and greatest of all time. And Russia is a most wise and most powerful country.

4 simple rules and u will be fine.
>>
>>1272042
Yeah, Crimea should be yellow.
>>
>>1272093
Get a real job, Ivan.
>>
>>1272061
>Stay away of Caucasus,
Why should I?
>>
File: spoon feed me pls.jpg (44 KB, 800x506)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
>>1272110
Depends on how travel savvy you are and what country you are from
open wide anon
https://wikitravel.org/en/Caucasus
>>
>>1272093
>destroyed multi million dollar tourism industry
>upset and displace natives and international communities
>paid off бaбyшки on TV saying “Praise Putin”
Yeah, its pretty russian now
>>
>>1272128
My country has no beef at all with them Ruskies, one of the few euro countries that didn't expell Russian diplomats when the UK came crying muh spy poisoning by the Kremlin. I go as far to say that Russia is a friend in my book, last year when we were in the need they helped us sooner than pretty much all major EU countries, besides Spain and Italian brahs.
Not that travel savvy though, but if the concern is the mudsharks then why the fuck would they have to gain by fucking with a poor backpacker that has zero to offer to them? Also aren't they supposed to be, at least, half decent towards travelers?
>>
>>1271995
How much would it take to respawn and would you respawn on the same place?
>>
>>1272190
No such thing as a free meal so beware the hand that feeds you young anon. Even so that has no bearing on alot of the tribal differences that exist in the caucasus and alot of them are not exactly what you would call pro-Russian for obvious reasons.You expect alot of poor tribalist people, classic insulated westerner. Did you not even read the spoon of food you got fed you lazy nigger.
>>
>>1272211
>classic insulated westerner
Weew la, honestly I just don't believe in all the mass histeria that media tries to force upon us, that doesn't mean that think that the world is just peace and love.

>Did you not even read the spoon of food you got fed you lazy nigger
Can't say I did, I'm phone posting, I do that later when I arrive at my desktop.
>>
>>1272180
>>destroyed multi million dollar tourism industry
ahahaha what
>>
>>1272236
Do you millenials even buy desktops these days? I don't believe I've seen any mass hysteria about anywhere in the caucasus but I may be wrong or were you referring to >>1272061 but not bother to read it because you need someone to read it for you? If you do decide to travel the world keep your realise you are nothing in this world and most of the world wants what you have I'm done with this conversation with you as you seem to lazy to care in the subject.
>>
Can you even speak russian, OP?
>>
>>1272190
>muh mudsharks

As long as you are not from world cup top NATO countries you are fine, otherwise if you tell them you are from Lithuania or something they wouldn't even care
>>
>>1271995
You'd get stabed and robbed at the border checkpoint
t.russian
>>
File: not a bong tho.png (1.9 MB, 1352x764)
1.9 MB
1.9 MB PNG
>>1272251
>Do you millenials even buy desktops these days?
It's funny you ask because actually I meant to say laptop, but then again I'm not into video games and shit, surely there are people buying them.
As for the rest just chill, my fren. You may be partially right but honestly I think there are much more good to be had than bad things happening when travelling abroad. As for being lazy you're on the point but I simply didn't read it because sucks reading on your smartphone when it's sunny /out/side.

>>1272293
My country is part of the nato founding members but we're irrelevant as fuck, and known mostly only due to football. It would be sweet go to Russia to see a couple WC games and then backpack around.

>if you tell them you are from Lithuania
Yeah no, no one would buy that I'm a Lithuanian. I look like pic related
>>
>>1272331
Who even knows what a Lithuanian should look like? You won't have many problems, but the main problem is severe and it's the language. In a city of one million people you'd be lucky to find five people who speak English.
>>
>how many times would I die

It depends on your Russian language skills and local customs knowledge. If you don't have neither of them, you are an easy target with your expensive western gear. Russia is not a Mexico though, no one will probably kidnap you and torture. But being beaten and robbed is an option

>how long would it take

Depends on your transportation. If by train (Transsib), it might take just few weeks. If not, Siberia alone can cost you months (depends on a season)
>>
>>1272349
>Who even knows what a Lithuanian should look like?
Blonde, light eyes and skin. What russian words should one know?
>>
>>1271995
1 days in gnat countrie
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtVSt3OIKfY
>>
>>1271995
I've prepared to take such hike in siberia, I tested how much it would costs to live on bare minimum on the scandinavian mountains during summer time, which is still terrible weather including being snowed in.
Lack of food isn't a big deal psychologically if you've packed on some fat reserves, a couple of kgs a week is going away so at some point you'll need to fill up again.
Between fattening up you can survive on a little bit of daily carbohydrates which costs almost nothing.
About a dollar a day and you'll live like a king indefinitely.
>>
>>1272252
Tak ne mnogo.
>>
>>1272331
Looks Spanish, not a Northern European at all.
>>
>>1272190
>why the fuck would they have to gain by fucking with a poor backpacker that has zero to offer to them?

Poor little child. You haven`t travelled outside developed western countries I see
>>
>>1274547
interesting, but still not explaining what they would have to gain.
>western countries
I have been to Africa, to a resort, but africa nonetheless.
>>
Here is a fun fire side tale from /out in Russia.

http://listverse.com/2017/09/27/10-intriguing-facts-about-the-dyatlov-pass-incident/
>>
>>1274554
>to a resort,

In a safe environment, where people is paid to care and protect you. Right.
>>
>>1274575
Actually we went 4x4 through some villages and /out/ locations. Hell, we even had like 15 dudes appearing from nowhere when we were visiting some fancy sand hills.
Still, I'm waiting for your explanation.
>>
As someone who traveled for a couple months in the Caucasus, it's not very dangerous except for some few specific areas you're not likely to go to anyway.

The problem is that you're a sheltered kid, and going alone anywhere that isn't a sheltered safe location holds dangers for you. That doesn't mean you're 100% going to get robbed or killed. Just that there are many dangers you're simply not aware of and so could walk right in...

It would be dangerous for you in some bad neighborhoods in the US, and it certainly would be in some shithole in Russia with corrupt to none existent police.

It's difficult to explain, but if you expect to deal with logical and reasonable gentlemen... well you have no clue. The key is being aware of risks at all times and avoid shitty situations in advance, because if you get into a situation where a half drunk bidlo is asking you to hand over the money you don't have... well you're already halfway fucked. Just to name an example.

You need to be able to read the neighborhood, to read the situation. To understand how to approach things and what to say and not say in certain situations.

This has nothing to do with Caucasus in specific, you can get fucked in a shitty neighborhood of Moscow just the same, going alone and looking like a clueless westerner.
>>
File: schwarzy-ride-a-bike.jpg (79 KB, 445x689)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
In 2005 this dutchie cycled all through Siberia, the absolute madman.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsGYikNlWO8
>>
>>1275145
You seem like a paranoid tard.
>>
the only thing would be if you ran into the russain nut collector squarel. take your family jewels in the middle of the night.
>>
File: tfwnigger.png (86 KB, 176x201)
86 KB
86 KB PNG
>>1271995
If I were you I would do it along the steppe and not try to go north into parts of Siberia, it would still be hard as fuck but less chance of dying.
Plus you could listen to this album in the area he came from.
https://youtu.be/pOAuR_UdA-U
>>
>>1271995
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzDLkWYVHvA
>>
At first, you have to be vaccinated against encephalitis if you go full /out

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.