[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/out/ - Outdoors

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 108 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

4chan Virtual YouTuber Contest - Submit Designs Here

Janitor applications are now being accepted for the next ~48 hours. Apply Here

File: alone-hero.jpg (104 KB, 1280x720)
104 KB
104 KB JPG
> who will win?
> what are your 10 items?
> who will go first?
>>
Fuck off shill. A thread died for this bullshit.
>>
>>1291728
I need to torrent this shit, cause it's geo blocked.
>>
File: doggo.jpg (120 KB, 716x768)
120 KB
120 KB JPG
>>1291728
if you are easily triggered, let me suggest the safe space of reddit
>>
>>1291724
I'd say, Randy wins
Sam goes first
>Sleeping bag
>Large 2-quart pot
>Ferro rod
>fishing line & hooks
>Saw
>Axe
>gill net
>multitool
>ration
>3.5 lb wire
>>
bump, it's going down tonight
>>
I'm voting for the person who doesn't run around with sharp stuff.
>>
>>1291724
lol Carligh got hooked
>>
File: 1510283723138.jpg (104 KB, 767x667)
104 KB
104 KB JPG
>letting people who left because they missed their family have a second chance
?????????

only one who deserves it are that teacher guy who came second in s3 and the one who was starving to death but, wanted to stay but got taken out due to being skin and bones on medical
>>
>>1291728
Fuck off we have had threads for this show every season

>>1291724
Need to watch before I start talking shit. I know nothing right now. I bet starvation is the way to win as always tho.
>>
>gun
>shoot self in head
>profit?
>>
>>1294059
I actually thought she might be one of the top three. As much as she cried about getting pulled last time, "My life was ruined", I wonder if she needs to have someone around her so she doesn't anhero.
>>
Need a good streaming link!!!
>>
>>1294795
https://thepiratebay.org/search/alone%20s05e01/0/99/0
>>
File: bunnygilr.jpg (130 KB, 716x714)
130 KB
130 KB JPG
>>1294345
I think she would have had a chance with a multitool. Overall I think she had one of the weakest loadouts. Judging from her past season, she is better of without the fish.
>>
Hell yeah, let's get started!
>Mongolia
Nice.
>>
>>1291724
Just watched the first episode.
Disappointed in the minority hire.
Fish hook should have been pulled out with adrenaline pumping or pushing through and barb cut off.
Glad to see season 1 mouse trap guy back. Looks like he got fat again so he can starve out the others.
>>
>>1291979
Isn't having an axe and a saw kind of redundant? Also they are in Mongolia, will a Gillnet even work, it's all rivers and no tides.
>>
>>1294059
It's too bad, she packed on those pounds for the show just to get fish hooked off the stage.
>>
Any hot girls this time round?
>>
I feel like the finngolian girl who left because of fishook is cute but I'm not entirely certain
she seems nice though
>>
Sure as fuck wish i could watch this legally in Europe ... although, if it was to pe shwon legally in Europe, they wouldnt be allowed to do the show like they do
>>
File: 1506012166636.jpg (75 KB, 515x482)
75 KB
75 KB JPG
>>1297880
>legally
PLEASE don't tell me you're afraid of pirating in the year of our lord dos mil dieciocho
>>
>>1297886
>my sides
>they split
>>
>>1297664
It's a valid point. Yet every winner of every season had both saw and axe.
The saw has the edge over the axe in nearly every point, but the axe can be used as a sledgehammer. I'm also pretty sure that contestants with an axe slept better, than those sleeping next to a saw.
If we look at the show, almost all things made, revolve around wood. I also haven't seen anyone on the show create a heat source other than wood. Given the weather, I assume nearly all wood needs to be split, because it is so wet. It can be done in many ways, but the axe is probably the most stress releasing way out there.
So yes it is redundant, but what is the alternative? If you only have one of the tools and it breaks, you are stuck with your knife/multitool for getting your daily firewood.
>>
>>1297664
Think of the gillnet as a hammok that you can fish with. If you don't use it as a hammok, it can be undone to aquire a shitload of cordage.
If you are good at traps, you might use it for that.
> imb4 traps are gay
The main source of food was fish and wild vegtables in the past seasons. So having two ways to procure fish is probably smarter than bringing bow&arrow. I'd rather have 3 more fish each week, then one or two animals over the hole season.
>>
Brady Boy, Brady Boy
your ass got fucked with a rubber toy
>>
That kid Brad seemed to be building himself a decent little cabin, with that big fucking folding saw. Total suck at fishing. I could have lasted an entire year if he finished the cabin and learn how to fish.
>>
>>1299493
>>
>>1299493
>lasted an entire year.

The interesting thing about Mongolia is that the environment appears to be easier to live in right now, but once Winter comes things will get exponentially more difficult. I doubt any of them will last long once the cold weather arrives.
>>
>>1299493
>lasted an entire year if he finished the cabin and learn how to fish
Not sure if you were being serious but you can't live on fish
>>
>>1291724
>what are your 10 items?
I'd need some sort of book on indigenous vegetation/wildlife so that I'd know what to eat and what to leave alone. Yes, it's possible to make an educated guess based on color/shape/size/texture but there are some things in nature designed specifically to deceive so they they'll be ingested.
Failing that, is there some sort of safety lecture beforehand?
>>
>>1299494
Holy shit the notching on that thing is horrendous. I get that you don't have a set of carpenter's tool out there but come on, that thing's barely going to protect against predators or the elements. You could fit your whole hand inside the wall easily.
>>
>>1300070
Why can't you live on fish? They contain protein and fat and are rich in nutrients. In fact, the eskimo and inuit tribes of America, who's skin tone doesn't allow them to synthesise vitamin D from sunlight as effectively as North Western European Caucasoids are nevertheless able to remain healthy above the Polar Circle in Winter thanks to their fish-based diet. There are numerous wild plants that can be eaten to provide modest amounts of carbohydrates.
>>
Who will be next to go?
>>
>>1300825
Nigger. Only reason he is there is because they gave him a big check to satisfy the minority hire. I remember there was a nigger that didn't even last 12 hours
>>
>>1300037
100% agree. The environment seems very mild right now. Winter is going to be a bitch and a half. The smart ones will start to catch and store food. That dude that horded all the fish in a previous season, hope he hasn't totally abandoned the idea. They will need to be able to hunt on land during winter because fishing won't be so easy.
>>1300070
You are an imbecile
>>
>>1300079
So, what you typically do is start collecting your wood logs and set them up, making preliminary marks/notches for layout planning phase. Then once you have a batch (or most or all your wood) you dig in. The kid was only there for 7 days. The shelter he made was pretty impressive, and aside from the top being a tarp, I am not concerned about the space between logs as the only predators he would need to worry about would be big ones, bears, big cats. Assuming he went all the way up and fashioned a wood roof, he would be safe from big predators. He can then block those holes later, even the big ones.
>>
>>1300079
>>1301030
but then again, because its a private market you have things like GPS rescue buttons at a fraction of the price in Europe
>>
>that Brad
Jesus Christ what a faggot.
>>
I lol'd so hard when the nigger put his fish in that fucking puddle overnight because I knew exactly what was going to happen. How did I know that but he didn't? I'm no /out/ expert.

Oh yeah he's a dumb nigger kek
>>
>>1301262
He's playing at survival. Well they all are, but him more than others. He refers to himself as white collar so he's probably fairly comfortable in life, accounting (heh) for his lackadaisical handling of his food supply. Nicole holds a PhD and owns acres of land and she's the one that let a big fat juicy salmon go in her season. I think there's a trend there.

Less well off guys like crazy Larry or psycho Dave or Carleigh seem to appreciate it more when they catch something.

Oh, and by the way, grow up.
>>
>>1302475
I think whoever can fish that river the best will likely win. In the nigger's original audition video he seems like an avid fisherman, and he's doing well already. Despite the rookie mistake with the pond his chances look pretty good to me.
>>
Just finished watching the first episode. Am I the only one who thought that Carleigh didn't really give a solid shot at pulling out the hook? Like, it's a fishing hook for fucks sake. It isn't going to that much damage unless it gets a secondary infection. Surely she could have just yanked it out- either through the top or slid it back out the other way it went in? I think her biggest problem was debating it for too long; her mental state deteriorated and she couldn't bring herself to just yank it.
>>
>>1302742
I'm not sure she could have done it alone...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XSCaeNo2HI
>>
File: Gray426.png (53 KB, 552x475)
53 KB
53 KB PNG
>>1302742
It was barbed as well, pushing or pulling it out either way could've caused permanent damage and loss of function of the thumb
definitely wouldn't risk it myself
>>
Randy building a decent size cabin. That broad with MS had no business being there. Seriously honey, you can't medically do it. Stop playing.
>>
File: C2KsMhsUsAAZqBp.jpg (173 KB, 1200x1200)
173 KB
173 KB JPG
>>1291724
strongly rooting for the hippie MILF
>>
>>1303406
Whipple proved last season that she isn't physically strong enough to win. She's smart, strong-willed and high functioning, but she lacks the physical endurance to make it to the end.
>>
File: CiscuIqVEAATwcq.jpg large.jpg (331 KB, 1242x2048)
331 KB
331 KB JPG
>>1303416
well her name is Nicole Apelian. but i didn't even know she had MS last time she was on. she went home because she was psychologically checked out.
>>
here is a magnet link for episode 3
>magnet:?xt=urn:btih:eba2ab1d4acf4462ca37a2ce6c5688617a1f9201&dn=Alone.S05E03.WEB.h264-TBS%5Bettv%5D&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.leechers-paradise.org%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fzer0day.ch%3A1337&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fopen.demonii.com%3A1337&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fexodus.desync.com%3A6969
>>
File: apu.jpg (52 KB, 800x546)
52 KB
52 KB JPG
>>1303406
>>1303423
>>
>>1294811
whats happening in that picture? Where is it?
>>
>>1303456
Ariana Grande concert after the Manchester bombing
>>
>>1303406
Bad choice. The man that nearly starved himself to death while he had plenty of fish to eat is going to win.
>>
>>1303474
this, it's him or crazy Larry who hates his life
>>
File: lck.jpg (236 KB, 580x563)
236 KB
236 KB JPG
>>1303423
>>1303406
>>
>>1303452
>>1303517
>>1303474
i'm still rooting for her and her incredible pair of survival skills
>>
>>1303544
I guess you can stop rooting.
>>
>>1303406
damn Alan has such a thousand yard stare
>>
>>1303544
She is quite talented
>>
>>1303613
And is at home comfortable while the others are still sticking it out.
>>
this season Jesse, Larry, Dave and Randy all seem like strong contenders to win. i can't stand Larry though.

i'm thinking it's going to be Jesse this time around. the main reason is he didn't starve in a previous season. idk how many of you have starved for great lengths of time but your body remembers it and doesn't want to do it again. it's a huge advantage for someone who is fresh.

Brad built that cabin for dwarves and quit - that was pathetic.
>>
>>1302742
Seemed like she was convinced that it was around her tendon and psyched herself out.
>>
>>1304131
>>1302767
>oh, in that case we'll just give you anaesthetic, don't worry

Considering how clueless her doctors were, she might have done just as well ripping the hook out herself and tapping out only if her thumb stopped working.
>>
>>1302651
Yeah. he's my fav. Good old Ohio boi.
>>
>>1291724
this man is going to win. he starved for 50 days eating literally nothing first season. look at him now. fat as fuck and ready to starve for an ez 500k. he knows the game. he aint dumb
>>
>>1304245
"The reason I lost last time was because my wife and I just had a new baby, just like this time around"
>>
>>1304245
You're right, he put on lots of weight which is good as a long term energy reserve, but it might have backfired if it upped his oestrogen too much.
>>
SAM GOT FOOD FOR LIKE 15 MINUTES
WOOOOOW
That idiot...
>>
>>1304245
>he aint dumb
that's where you are wrong, kiddo
>>
>>1304104
Randy is doing well but I hope he doesn't win. Of everyone there, his reason for tapping was the lamest and he only lasted 21 days. I give him some credit for keeping his fire going after losing his ferro rod but it bugs me seeing him back.
>>
>>1291724
id say larry or dave wins

>swiss army knife
>tent
>sleeping pad
>a blanket
>a bag of rice
>crossbow
>an axe
>shears
>solar and crank powered radio with flashlight
>shovel
>>
Should I start with season 1, or just hop into the latest season, and watch the earlier seasons later?
>>
>>1307157

The most recent season is a "redemption" for prior contestants so there will be some spoilers about their respective seasons. Beyond that it doesn't matter.
>>
File: good_sleep_oinker.jpg (97 KB, 1440x1080)
97 KB
97 KB JPG
Sam's fishing game is shit. He's toast.

Tough call between Dave, Jesse, & Randy.

Larry will have a mental breakdown and collapse before long.
>>
>>1307157
start with season 1. the first two seasons were the best so far and there are spoilers if you don't go in order
>>
>>1291724
I don't watch this.

But Kenyan skinny would probably win in the long haul. The dudes who pack on weight have an interesting idea but it won't work.

Look at anywhere where food is low, short and skinny.

Less body mass means less energy needed for basic fuctions standing idle or say walking long distances.. It makes sense in nature.

The issue becomes you need to constantly be eating a small meal every 2 or so hours.

Fish is obviously the best choice.

Also can you bring a gun with you? And does a fanny pack count as an item?

22lr with scope, and a fanny pack stuffed to the brim with ammo....
>>
>>1308019
You are fucking retarded
>>
>>1308039
Nice argument.
>>
>>1308044
I think it was more of an observation.
>>
>>1299493
I know Brad IRL

He lives like 15 mins from me

Pretty nice guy. He also hand crafts his own knives and axes. Probably gonna buy one soon
>>
fattest fuck wins. period.
if he isnt a complete dumbass, he would outlast any of these other "experts" just by living off his fat.
>bullshit
>https://www.sciencealert.com/the-true-story-of-a-man-who-survived-without-any-food-for-382-days

fat is the most important thing you need to eat.

while living off fish alone is possible, its only possible if you have a TON of fish. its not possible when they cook a fish over a fire like idiots.

anyone with a bow is at a huge advantage, being able to hunt big game.

when trappers had to go weeks with only small game, they used to kill the animal, then just cook it and eat everything. the guts, brain, skin and eyeballs had enough fat to keep them going.

fattest fuck wins
you cant live off of fish fuckheads
>>
>>1308019
It's like expecting a car to go farther with half a tank of gas instead of full because less weight means better fuel efficiency.
>>
>>1308182
This man gets it. Also mental health is important when you have the option to quit
>>
*brings Dick Proennekes book*
nothing personal survivalets
>>
>>1306614
Randy is gonna win, just to annoy the fuck outta you
>>1306734
nice loadout, I'm not sure you can bring a radio or a tent on the show.
Which SAK model would you choose?
>>1308116
also get one of those hand crafted rubber toys
>>
>>1291724
Swearing guy eats mice for 200 days and wins
>>
>>1308182
Women can
>>
The thing I like about this season is they aren't finding crap all over the shore like when they were put on Vancouver Island.
>>
File: alone1.webm (2.89 MB, 720x404)
2.89 MB
2.89 MB WEBM
>>1308116
>I know Brad IRL
>>
This episode confirmed that fatboy Sam is winning. He got zero screen time. He's just sleeping all day and night living off that fat and the 2 food rations he brought.
>>
>>1308609
I was thinking the same, but last week someone did find a plastic jug or something that they were attaching fishing lines to.

The Danish version was worse for that. One guy found an oil drum that he got to make a stove out of and another, or it might have been the same guy, found a full six-pack of canned beer.
>>
>>1308653
>2 food rations he brought.
Hahah I didn't know he brought food rations. God bless him he is fat as fuck and ready to win.
>>
>>1308708

Right? Dude built a shelter and now he's just going to take a nap for 4 months waiting for everyone else to tap.
>>
Also I think he's the only one who really seems to NEED the money. It sounded like he doesn't feel like he's a good enough provider for his family. That's some good motivation.
>>
>>1308019
reddit spacing says it all. thanks for aidsing up the thread
>>
File: lt_lost_af.png (178 KB, 461x480)
178 KB
178 KB PNG
> feel free to add any information I missed
Dave: good mood, good shelter, 2 hunting kills, little fish
Randy: will have stomach troubles, no hunting, solid fishing setup, awesome shelter
Larry: hunger pain and home sick, ok shelter, no hunting, little fish
Britt: frustrated, ok shelter, 2 missed hunting opportunities, good fish (lost 80%)
Jesse: good mood, bad shelter, 1 pit viper hunted "two bites of a burger", (probably) no or little fish
Brooke: ok mood, bad shelter, no fish, no hunting
Sam: troubled, shitty shelter, 1 chipmunk, no fish
Nicole: out
Brad: out
Carleigh: out
>>
Nailed them all except Sam. He's comfy as fuck with his fat stores
>>
File: Nic-Beach.jpg (98 KB, 1280x300)
98 KB
98 KB JPG
>>
>>1310519
I wouldn't say this is normal behavior. That laugh is the laugh of a hysterical woman.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAiSLUSJmp4
>>
>>1303493
I'm honestly surprised they brought Larry back, all he did was piss and moan the whole time. It was painful just to watch him because of how miserable and negative he was. I liked how in episode 2 or 3 of season 5 he is saying in a voice over, "I just need to not stress this time, blah blah" then he starts getting assblasted that he can't set his trap and starts cursing like a mother. BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP. My sides left orbit over that editing choice. Maybe it's a producer's inside joke, they probably laugh their asses off when they edit his footage since he throws a tantrum ever 5 minutes.
>>
>>1304104
I want Sam to win but he sucks ass at fishing and only ever manages to catch tiny game. I'm putting my money on Dave, he's crazy as fuck and keeps landing solid meals. Randy's cabin is pretty comfy, I think he has a good shot too if he can keep the food coming in.
>>
should i start with season 1?
>>
>>1313984
Yeah binge watch it.
>>
>>1313984
Do it anon, I asked the same question earlier in the thread. Just starting season 2. Season 1 was pretty fun to watch.
>>
Holy shit some of these people are such little bitches. Tapping out on the first few days? Are you fucking serious? Especially this Desmond bitch who tapped out before sunset on day fucking 1.
>>
Next episode starts in an hour.
>>
10 double quarter pounder with cheese meals
>>
>>1314131
Whoops, more like 30 minutes. Anyone know any good group streaming sites? There was one us anons used to watch cops with but I can't remember the url. I'll group stream the ep if I can figure out the site.
>>
RIP
Larry
>>
>>1303544
more of dem tiddies
>post em
>>
God damn, Dave is such a faggot
>>
>>1314220
We don't call him crazy for nothing. Dude lives in his truck willingly. I lived six months like that and it does something to your head, hard to explain. Sort of like an anti-social PTSD where you never feel safe or right. Took me a long time to get back to normal after that.
>>
here is the magnet:?xt=urn:btih:25b4879f4fe70ce2216ad89c3e45958680fcfceb&dn=Alone.S05E05.WEB.h264-TBS%5Bettv%5D&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.leechers-paradise.org%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fzer0day.ch%3A1337&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fopen.demonii.com%3A1337&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fexodus.desync.com%3A6969
>>
>>1314124
>Especially this Desmond bitch who tapped out before sunset on day fucking 1.
I bet they make deals with the minority hires. Go on the show and we give you $2000. You only have to stay 6 hours. We will be with you the whole time making sure your safe. Then we will fly you back to your shithole city.
>>
File: heem sleepy.jpg (615 KB, 1920x1076)
615 KB
615 KB JPG
Who /Larry/ here?
>>
>>1314496
Who /Sam/ here?
>>
>>1314501
Sam's new shelter seems flimsy as shit

anyway I'm rooting for Larry or the friendly hippie hunter who cries when he kills Grouse
>>
>eat a bunch of wood shavings
>wtf why does my stomach hurt
>>
>>1314195
>>1303406
>>1303423
>>1303544
>>1304104
>>1312010
that's all i got :(
>>
File: IMG_4390.jpg (3.01 MB, 3264x2448)
3.01 MB
3.01 MB JPG
>>1314569
I could literally live forever as long as I didn't need to poop.
>>
>>1314577
wow. just imagine sitting at a campfire with her as she gives you a rough handjob with her strong callused hands using nothing but her spit as lube.
>>
File: 1531471712722.jpg (60 KB, 848x426)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
>>1314220
you leave Dave alone, you bully
>>
fifty year old dude crying about killing a few birds. kys faggot
>>
>>1314138
rabb.it

altho idk if there is a room for this show
>>
>>1314569
>eating wood
The fuck dude.
>>
>>1314569
I was actually looking forward to see how is wood bread would turn out.
>>
>>1315785
Yea same here. At first I thought you could only eat that white part under the bark. But it looked like the dude was eating a lot more than that.
>>
File: 1487331199717.gif (1.41 MB, 300x223)
1.41 MB
1.41 MB GIF
>>1314599
>>
>>1315820
>But it looked like the dude was eating a lot more than that.
I noticed at the beginning he was carefully shaving the outer bark off then explaining to the camera how he would carefully shave the white inner bark part and eat it, fast forward to one week later and he's sitting at the campfire with a hatchet eating a log.
>>
>>1314569
Couldn't he have boiled some dandelions and other things to produce something that would help him take a shit? I feel like he didn't even try.
>eating a fucking tree
where do they find these people...
>>
Dumbest starvation induced mistakes
>saving fish for later while on the brink of starvation
>eating trees and getting constipated
>>
File: 1458526753422.jpg (25 KB, 321x322)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
Natives used to eat the underside of bark when they did not have access to enough food. The "blood vessels" of the tree provide nourishing carbohydrates and are easy to digest.
>>
File: 1482483386311.png (6 KB, 366x286)
6 KB
6 KB PNG
Eat the whole fucking log
>>
>>1316897
Don't forget the guy in the first season that couldn't start a fire but decided it was ok to drink swamp water after passing it through a sock then started hallucinating.
>>
>>1316266
That log returned to its natural shape inside his poop shoot. Now instead of him splitting logs, the log will split his ashhole.
>>
>>1316266
Probably was losing his mind or something.
>>
File: shit.jpg (51 KB, 600x646)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
>>1316266
>>1316922
>>1316947
did i hear a Log?
>>
I have 0 doubt in my mind I would win. Anyone else feel this way?
>>
>alpha loadout
Firesteel
Axe
Biggest tarp theyll allow
Knife
4L pot with bail handle
As much wire as they allow
Fishing pole and tackle (is that two?)
Mummy bag
Dam thats only 8
Net
Saw
>>
>>1308019
Some of the dumbest shit ive ever read
>>
>>1291724
Honestly I would just want a fire steel and an Axe.
>>
>>1308182
Are they allowed to hunt big game?
>>
>>1317907
I'm not fat enough to win. Also, it is hard to get on the show. They aren't looking for competitive people, more so those that are entertaining to watch.
>>
>>1317939
No. Its always illegal. Big game is the only way to survive long term and they don't want that anyway
>>
>>1317943
How the fuck do they know? Im assuming they come collect tapes and swap batteries every frew day? Surely its not a digital feed/solar rig. Id just sit the camera down and go fell a deer. Have a secret stash of food
>>
I hate that they pick city niggers and a bunch of dudes with pregnant wives. Throw some fucking neets in there
>>
>>1317945
First thing to consider is that contestants are very close to each other and are told not to travel far.
Hunting with a shitty bow isn't easy.
If you want to cheat, having a buddy bring you food or drop supplies via drone would be easiest. Just hide a GPS tracker in your ass and he can come find you.
>>
Heres from season 1
ALONE: Here is a list of the items each contestant was allowed to carry...
1. Axe (all 10)
2. Sleeping Bag (all 10)
3. 2 Qt Pot (all 10)
4. Ferro Rod (all 10)
5. 25 piece Fishing Kit with Line (all 10)
6. Knife (9...Josh Chevez no knife...first one to tap out)
>who the fuck doesnt bring a knife?
7. 12x12 Tarp (Only 6 carried)
8. Saw (6 chose this tool)
9. Paracord (5 chose this item)
10. Bow & 6 Arrows (4 chose this item)
11. Gill Net (4 chose this item)
12. Emergency Rations (3 chose this item)
13. Canteen/Waterbottle (3 chose this item)
14. Leathermen Multi-Tool (2 chose this item)
15. Bivy Bag (2 chose this item)
16. Sling Shot (2 chose this item)
17. Sharpening Stone (2 chose this item)
18. Wire (Only 1)
19. Extra Tarp (Only 1)
PLUS, the clothes they were allowed to take.
>>
>>1317934
>no emergency rations
You're only allowed 10x10 tarps, but you're allowed to take another as one of your items.

I've never seen someone take a fishing pole, they always seem to make their own.

Everyone takes the rations anon.
>>
>>1317966
Everyone took a pole season 1
>>
>>1317966
Everyone took a pole and only 3 took rations in season 1. Just posted that here
>>1317964
>>
>>1317964
I'm honestly surprised not everyone took the rations, it just seems like a huge advantage to have some food for when the going gets rough in a competition that's about staying out there longer than the rest.

Also sling shot? Why haven't we seen anyone using one yet?
>>
>>1317968
It's a fishing kit, not a fishing pole. It's just line and hooks. Watch
>>
>>1317972
Auto posted, watch season one. Don't think anyone had a pole.
>>
>>1317964
>1. Axe (all 10)
Yes
>2. Sleeping Bag (all 10)
Yes
>3. 2 Qt Pot (all 10)
Yes
>4. Ferro Rod (all 10)
Yes
>5. 25 piece Fishing Kit with Line (all 10)
Yes
>6. Knife (9...Josh Chevez no knife...first one to tap out)
Yes fuck josh
>7. 12x12 Tarp (Only 6 carried)
Yes
>8. Saw (6 chose this tool)
No. Handy but an axe is enough
>9. Paracord (5 chose this item)
Ive got wire
>10. Bow & 6 Arrows (4 chose this item)
Rather have a net
>11. Gill Net (4 chose this item)
Yes
>12. Emergency Rations (3 chose this item)
Dumbest choice
>13. Canteen/Waterbottle (3 chose this item)
This was tough but ultimately I went with more shelter
>14. Leathermen Multi-Tool (2 chose this item)
No
>15. Bivy Bag (2 chose this item)
No
>16. Sling Shot (2 chose this item)
No
>17. Sharpening Stone (2 chose this item)
I would say yes but most of these pussies tap out after 3 weeks so i dont think it will be necessary
>18. Wire (Only 1)
Yes
19. Extra Tarp (Only 1)
Yes
>>
>>1317973
All of em took poles
>>
>>1317976
Your mom takes poles
>>
>>1317980
so does my dad
>>
>>1303406
That bearded faggot didn’t deserve to win
>>
>>1317985
Aslong as the balls dont touch its alright.
>>
>>1317943
Well some of them tried to kill a boar in past seasons and nigger fired arrows on a deer that was in river few episodes a go. It just might be for the "show" because it's seems so weird that no one menaged to kill anything larger then a duck for 5 seasons.
>>
>>1317988
Of all of them, he earned it the most. He came closest to solving the food problem at his location as opposed to lasting on reserves.
>>
>>1318013
He was in a spot where crabs were practically crawling out of the water.
>>
>>1304255
>>1304662
Every single winner has been fat.

They simply don't find the 2k+ calories a day to eat out there, whoever has the most reserves wins.
>>
>>1318023
I don't think religious crab man was that fat, and cussing man wasn't too fat. They came 1st and 2nd.
>>
>>1317993
Its a reality show man. All that forest and wildlife is protected. I learned that season one when they made that one dude stop building a cabin. He was cutting down trees and he stopped “because he had a premonition the clay was bad”
>>
The show is bullshit. The people are visited regularly to get fresh batteries for their video cameras in addition to a regularly health check up. IT'S. ALL. BULLSHIT!
>>
>>1318348
I was wondering where you were. Every year "IT'S FAKE!!! I CAN SEE HOUSES!!!" You're like a spawning salmon. You come around once a year, masturbate, then die.
>>
>>1318227
They mention that there are animals they aren’t allowed to kill
>>
>>1318016
Only because he used attractants to draw them close enough for him to pull out with a line. Sure, he was lucky to be placed in an area with crabs but he had to figure out how to be able to exploit them to the extent he did.

Nicole was placed right on a salmon run but was letting them go instead of preserving them. Jose was within range of a salmon river but spent too much time perfecting his boat and missed the run. Super Dave caught lots of fish and preserved them but forgot to eat them.
>>
>>1308206
That does work, just not in endurance races or anything longer than a few laps.
>>
Do all contestants have the same chance at winning? Or do some inherently have a leg up due to their starting position? Do you think the winners would have won, regardless of the location they were assigned? I've only seen season 1 (and almost season 2), but i feel like Alan would have won no matter which location he was assigned.
>>
>>1318618
>Do all contestants have the same chance at winning?
Yes
>Or do some inherently have a leg up due to their starting position?
Where they go is supposed to be by luck of draw but some of the camp spots sucked real bad
>Do you think the winners would have won, regardless of the location they were assigned?
I kinda think so but I bet the people who got the suck ass spots in real life would walk for miles to find a better place. They weren't allowed to go to far from their drop off points.
>Alan would have won no matter which location he was assigned.
He just ate whatever but from what I could tell didn't use calories, he seemed like he was always in his shelter laying around.
>>
>>1318618
>Or do some inherently have a leg up due to their starting position?
I can't see this as untrue, some locations appear to be far ieasier to build your shelter or have more source of food avaible such as some rivers etc
>>
>>1291724
> who will win?
The one who kills big game, or like all the other seasons, the one who can outlast starvation the longest.
So I'm guessing Dave, he seems to be a proficient bow hunter, he can shoot a squirrel out of a tree with his bow, very impressive. But he shouldn't be crying about unethical shots. It's survival, shits going to happen and you're not going to make a clean shot on a 10 inch animal.
He is also good at starving himself.
I was also impressed with the log cabin and fireplace of that hipster guy, but idk his food situation. Good shelter is nice, but food is more important.

But how much is fake in this show? They all act suspiciously overly dramatic, like most bad actors do and most reality TV shows are scripted anyway why not this one?
>>
If I went I would bring seeds. Radishes are only 3 weeks from sow to harvest, so as long as I survived 3 weeks I would have a perminant reliable food source until winter.
>>
so broom is posying yt vids, does that mean she tapped out
or any1 know s5 when it was filmed?
>>
>>1318886
You can't just bring what you want or I'd bring some steaks
>>
>>1319028
It was filmed last winter
>>
I watched a few episodes based on these threads. Its fucking awful. This show has to be fake right?
>>
>>1318886
This aint stardew valley nigger
>>
>>1318884
Theyre not allowed to hunt big game or cut live wood
>>
>>1319436
All these dudes are bawling their eyes out before one week. Jesus tons of people camp for longer than that. Theres no way this is unscripted. If it is im gonna apply. I could win season 6 with 3 items and one arm
>>
>>1319441
>If it is im gonna apply. I could win season 6 with 3 items and one arm
How would you do that?
>>
>>1319536
3 bullets and one firearm to plunder the supplies of up to 3 other participants.
>>
>>1319438
Wrong, Only certain animals are not in season such as moose. Other big game is and they all have a license to hunt/trap them. They are allowed to cut live trees. They just can't be bigger than a certain size.
>>
Episode 6 rundown:

>Larry REEEEs at mice in his tent
>In the process wastes his bear spray and uses his air horn against supposed mice in his shelter
>Dave is a boss and traps them instead of being an angry irrational dickhead, even though he cries over killing he manages 3 mice in one night.
>no Sam this episode (feels bad man)
>Britt (nigger) and Randy (based shelter guy) smoke their fish like bosses. Randy probably has the better smoke since it's on top of his fireplace. He somehow found some rusted metal to put over to help cure his fish and keep the smoke in. *contestants are allowed to keep bullshit they find washed ashore or whatever*
>Brooke leaves because muh mental health. "The green tarp makes this a psych ward." among other irrational women shit. She's essentially starving and lonely since she was accompanied by her husband in season 4.

There are officially no women on the show now.

My money is on Dave still, in the preview it looks like he's trying to hunt an actual deer, and if he does he will have food well into the winter.
>>
>>1319536
Ax firesteel gill net. From what ive seen everyone there is a massive pussy itd be a breeze
>>
>>1319888
This is false. At least for season 1. They made that one guy stop building a cabin because he was fucking up too many trees
>>
>>1320237
Yeah first two seasons on Vancouver it wasnt allowed. When it came to Patagonia or whatever its called they spoke about they are only allowed to down trees with a certain circumference there and in mongorrera (tear down my shitty wall)
>>
>>1300960
Yeah in s1 there was a black 7 year army vet lasted less than 1 day in VC island
>>
>>1320208
Have they told people that Sam died yet?
>>
>>1320208
>tfw best girl got kicked out
>ywn see her retarded dopey face and voice anymore
>also miss hippie bitch from last season
>>
>Crawling back into the green, smokey tarp... What if the storm lasts two days? With no windows, no friends, no family, no cat, no dog... Just loneliness and darkness.
yeah i would definitely win this show
>>
>>1320572
Thas what im saying. They vet heavy. They want drama not real competition. Or the competitors would last literal years
>>
>>1320607
>Or the competitors would last literal years
They specifically schedule the show so you don't have enough time to prepare for winter. They don't want people to last long.
>>
File: larry.jpg (88 KB, 841x468)
88 KB
88 KB JPG
>>
>>1320617
Unless they do a straight up arctic circle season that wouldn’t matter. There are enough /out/ people that apply that would manage if not thrive. They cast dramatic crybabies on purpose because it makes the danger seem more real. Thats why so many guys have pregnant wives/small children. Theyd never cast some real mountainman or hillbilly and let him try for a half million. Im not saying its not dangerous but they definitely want that aspect played up and exaggerated for ratings.
>>
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:fc8431fa49f62e439bff7921ed227659874924a4&dn=Alone.S05E06.HQ480p.424mb.HDwebrip.x264-%5D%5B+Of+Mice+And+Men+%5Dmp4&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.leechers-paradise.org%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fzer0day.ch%3A1337&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fopen.demonii.com%3A1337&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fexodus.desync.com%3A6969
>>
>>1317934
pretty solid
>>1317938
so you only want to stay one night, freeze your ass off and be pulled on the second day?
>>1317975
>>8. Saw (6 chose this tool)
>No. Handy but an axe is enough
yet every winner of every episode had both: saw and axe.
>>1318348
>>1319436
you failed to mention the 20 man camera crew behind the camera doing lighting, make up, sound, etc...
>>
>>1320818
>There are enough /out/ people that apply that would manage if not thrive.
I call bullshit, maybe you would be able to manage for a while on fish, but getting a deer seems hard as fuck and there are not many edible plants by this time.

===========
>that night with Britt
I would be spooked as fuck if I was there.

>Larry just going out to check out the noise
THE ABSOLUTE MADMAN

>Brooke being a woman and throwing away her chances
Of course.
>>
Just started watching the series, on season 3
How viable is digging a small trench/moat around your camp to combat water and flooding?
It takes energy, surely, but does it make sense?
>>
They probably should be stocking firewood right now
>>
>>1322443
No
>>
>>1322469
Wrong. Having a fire for warmth is a waste of calories.
>>
>>1322443
Well, you should always do that when you're camping in a tent, the rain should fall from the tent into or on the other side of the small trench, that way the ground your tent is actually sitting on will be dry.

In Vancouver island it's not practical, if it's gonna flood it's gonna flood too severely and the only thing you can do is move somewhere better.

I remember those dudes on season 4 who had a small fucking river flowing through their tent.
>>
>>1322578
Breathing is a waste of calories, too.
>>
>>1322644
Wrong. You don't get the money if you die. Breathing is required to not die. Having a fire for warmth is not. A good sleeping bag will work fine.
>>
>>1322594
>I remember those dudes on season 4 who had a small fucking river flowing through their tent.
Reminds me of camping with the boy scouts and waking up in 2 inches of water.
>>
>>1322653
Too many animals too not have a fire.
>>
>>1322667
Too many animals to* not have a fire.
>>
>>1320208
Larry is probably catching a shit ton of mice. They purposely don't show contestants doing the same thing so the show isn't just a copy paste of each person's activities. The guy was basically surviving on rodents in BC, so I doubt he'd just forget how to trap them. Besides, they didn't show him with another food source (not like the abundant/convenient fish of Britt and Randy), so most likely he's eating mice.

You really have to pay attention to the things they don't show. Like Brooke; she makes it seem like it's purely mental reasons behind her quitting. But do they show her with any substantial food throughout the show? So most likely she wasn't getting enough fish and the plants all starting to die off force her to take the easy way to a good meal. She has that bow, but they never showed her using it once, even though this was the first time a bow would be actually useful on this show.
>>
>waa waaa I miss my family I give up:( ; the show

Crybaby bitches.
>>
who here is feeling /Randy/ ?
>>
>>1323146
he's looking pretty good. he could be in it to win it
>>
File: 41-i7NqlmlL.jpg (29 KB, 433x500)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
Why did Brooke choose the Supertool300 for a multitool.
I think it has too many screwdrivers and no scissors.
>>
>>1325791
>expecting women to think and make rational decisions
Anon, this is a reality TV show. She was more concerned about how she looked than picking good items.
>>
Larry gets more annoying in every episode. fuck Larry. he is the most irritating person ever on this show.
>>
>>1326783
No way. Crazy Larry is great.

I find him entertaining as he gets annoyed by small things and overreacts by verbalizing it an exaggerated way including unnecessary profanity. Reading your post, I could almost suspect that you and Larry might have similar dispositions.
>>
>>1320360
Underrated
>>
File: alone.jpg (260 KB, 1280x720)
260 KB
260 KB JPG
Am I the only one who cringes now when they see someone with a knife? It's like "I'm going to carve a sti- AAAAAAHHHHHH!!!" que next shot of boat speeding to contestant
>>
>>1291728
The thread velocity on /out/ is low enough that any thread killed likely was close to death by natural causes anyway.
>>
2 Items I bring

>water filter
>30 day survival ration pack

>get paid 500k

EZ
>>
>>1327307
t. I dont know how to carve with a knoife
>>
>>1320818
What the fuck is the point of watching some old fat boring ass loser with no wife, no kids, nothing but his smelly ass in the woods for years? That would not be an enjoyable show.
>>
>>1326783
>>1326831

He was yelling at the wind in this weeks episode. That dude has straight up mental issues. He's annoying to watch.
>>
>>1327307
>>1327329
Well, in the pic, all it takes is a quick mistake and you have a blade in your chest.
>>
>>1327380
You clearly never carved/whittled anything in your whole life.

t. not the same poster as above
>>
>>1327429
Agreed. Although carving towards yourself is one of the stupidest things you can do, in this case his hand would hit his chest before the knife would.
That doesn't mean it's not a bad habit and if you're tired, you do everything out of habit, and at some point you get cut.
>>
>>1327378
>That dude has straight up mental issues.
Sure. We call him Crazy Larry.

For some reason I keep imagining you getting up and pepper-spraying your screen when Larry comes on.

I would actually like to see a Larry vs Dave finale. I like Sam but he has really been underperforming. Complaining about not catching fish when he deliberately avoided choosing fishing tackle as one of his items resulting in having to eat leeches wtf instead of using them for bait.
>>
>>1327329
>>1327429
Since the show began they have been taken out with knife cuts, hatchet cuts , and this season fish hooks.
>>
>>1327526
Yeah. My biggest hope now is that the many fish but not eat man wins (can't remember his name).

I normally like crazy people but Larry is crazy in the way that grates on you not the fun kind of crazy.
>>
>>1328304
When I meant win I meant that he gets big game. Or someone gets big game.
>>
>>1327442
>>1327705
There is cutting toward yourself and cutting toward yourself.
It's beginner 101 not to cut toward yourself... because beginners are like that they could cut their own head off with a fucking butter knife. But when one has the skill then he will know when it's advantageous and absolutely safe to do it and a legit way of doing things. This is advanced carving/whittling (it's actually whittling and not carving, whittling is done exclusively with knife for carving one uses chisels, gouges, etc.).
In the situation above he won't cut himself because he cuts with slow motion (actually this can be done fast as well safely) from his arm gently on the surface of the wood, basically he shaves that piece. He doesn't try to cut away thick chunks fast so his knife doesn't meet resistance enough to halt the blade and it won't move suddenly on after the chunk chipped off the wood (unlike when you try to make a point on a stick for a tent peg for example). He holds his wrist firm so the knife can only move with his arm and his arm can't move backward so much to stab himself.
I hope you learned something today, your welcome.
Btw, don't try this at home until you whittled your fair share and know all this by routine, as you'll just stab yourself.
>>
>>1328565
>There is cutting toward yourself and cutting toward yourself.
All of them know knife safety and so do most people. They are malnourished and tired. The mistakes are due to not thinking clearly.
>>
>>1327373
I would unironically like that
>>
>>1321712
Why would i freeze when i have fire? Try again nerd
>>
>>1321714
What are you calling bullshit on? Its not antarctica. Its more than capable of supporting life. People really do live there already. And they did before mcdonalds and target were built. Sort of reminds me of that tosh bit
>survivor is a game where americans are givin a million dollars to survive in a place where people already live
>>
>>1328816
First, they had more people
Second, they had more time to prepare before winter
Third, they know more stuff than foreigners LARPing there
>>
>>1329006
Sure man. Its impossible to survive without wifi and pizza hut
>>
>>1328577
Precisely this.
I'm a professional software developer and when tired I create the stupidest bugs in my code.
I've also practiced martial arts for years, and with that as well as lifting weights, when you're really tired is when you're going to do something with bad form and injure yourself.

This is why you drill the simplest things a thousand times before getting baptized by fire, so it's second nature.
That being said you're still going to make mistakes.
So >>1328565 you might be experienced, I have no clue, and you're not coming from a bad angle, but you're wrong.
Mistakes always happen and you can prevent them by setting up good habits.
>>
>>1328577
>>1329043
Yes, I have carpenter acquaintance who chopped his finger with 30 years practice behind his back. Accidents happen no matter what it doesn't need to be fatigue.
However I'm absolutely right:
1. the technique I wrote is legit
2. he didn't stab/cut himself...
Why would anyone go for beginner level methods when with cutting away from you you just can't do certain things and/or can't to things as efficiently as it could be?
>>
>>1328304
That's Super Dave.

I just hope that his deer stand doesn't become the "Jose's kayak" of this season, as in great concept but one mistake with it ends his stay.
>>
Place your bets on who's going out next episode:

Sam 2:1
Larry 4:1
Britt 8:1
Randy 8:1
Dave 8:1
Sam+Larry 8:1
Sam+WildCard 6:1

We're betting in (You)'s here.
>>
is this season any good? I watched 1-3 but it was steadily downhill from 1. didnt watch last season because of teams
>>
>>1329741
Season 3 was a low point, it was lackluster. Season 5 is actually pretty good so far. I'm enjoying it personally because I like most of the people they brought back.
>>
>>1329732
>Sam 2:1
Sam looked pretty bad last episode but the question is was he really bad, or was it a fake out edit to show him at his worst? The show has a history of setting up the eventual winners as incompetent.
>>
>>1329799
Fair point. It is always hard to know for sure. But the show did make a point of saying he hasn't caught a single fish yet, and you'd hope they aren't lying about that. He didn't bring a bow, so I doubt he's getting grouse like the others. That leaves mice and plants. He seems the likely one to go, but you never know.
>>
>>1291979
Flawless list
>>
>>1329732
pretty sure Sam will go.
However Larry is crazy, but he hasn't reached his endless crying phase.
So I think the nigger will go before Larry.
>>
>>1318353
/out/ has the best insults
>>
>>1328810
you clearly never left your house
>>
File: 0of10.jpg (43 KB, 495x480)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
What a "shamfur dispray" Randy.
You had it all, nice shelter, good location, plenty of supplies and you throw it all away, cause you feel a little lonely.
>>
>>1332033
>What a "shamfur dispray" Randy.
Yes. Again.

>I lasted longer than my previous pathetic 21 days. Therefore I AM REDEEMED.
I think not.

Someone needs to remind him what the name of the show is before signing him on or if they did remind him, make sure to provide a dictionary.

There are other people that actually deserve another shot. The guy from season 1 whose mother had terminal cancer, Jose with his major soaker, the season 3 guy that made one fatal error of moving camp in the rain and got hypothermic, the woman in season 3 that was doing great but cracked a tooth. Maybe they were asked but declined.
>>
>>1331505
They hardly show this fool. Which means he probably spends most of his day sleeping, conserving energy like a fat fucking bear hibernating. Occasionally he'll venture out to eat leeches. What a pitiful display.
>>
>>1332061
Yeah, I think I'm done with this fucking show. I have l;earned everything we need to know about surviving /out/ but these cunts keep whining about companionship and community and family and shit, on a show called ALONE.
>FUCK YOU!!1!
>>
>>1332253
Britt put on a good show. Sort of a puppet show making good use of materials on hand. He saved the episode, really, but good thing IRL he's an accountant and not an undertaker.
>>
please... anyone but Larry... don't let Larry win
>>
God damn it, Randy, you fucked up, AGAIN.
I guess he bitched out when the cold came.
>>
>>1300202
The fish are much harder to catch in winter is why you can't live in fish.
>>
>>1325992
Its why most people buy leatherman multitools desu
>>
>watch Larry point out each individual piece of shit
>commercial break
>watch Larry point out each individual piece of shit again
>>
it's a Britt carves a butt plug for his mom episode
>>
>>1337168
That could only happen to Larry.
>Travel thousands of miles to extremely remote region of Mongolian wilderness
>step in dog shit
>>
Who team larry?
>>
Britt, Larry, and Sam are all that's left and if Sam doesn't poop, he 's constipated, he's gone next show.
>>
I want crazy larry to win. I feel his struggle....workin in trades wears on u...i hope he gets the cash and can retire sooner .
>>
>>1337565
I know who's going to win. Webm related.
>>
>>1337584
> Sam
will be pulled for not pooping
> Larry
will go crazy
> Britt
being a nigger

so the question is in which order will it happen.
>>
File: 1521755723651.png (48 KB, 358x231)
48 KB
48 KB PNG
>mfw Larry's monologue if he taps
hope he wins, that boy is on the edge
>>
Why does it seem like Britt was given the best fishing spot?
>>
>>1337801
They put give you a number to pick in a raffle. (picking a name out of a hat) Then that is where you go. Nigger just got (((lucky))) he picked correctly.
Also, all you have to do is look at Sams youtube channel to see how down he is about everything. Even if he did win, he wouldn't get the money until the last episode. However he just looks so sad and down the past few months
>>
Seems like torrents are down, are there streams for it?
>>
>>1338448
>Seems like torrents are down
the old seasons? The new ones are up.
>>
>>1338521
Weird, it can find up to 8 episode, but cannot connect when I search for 9th.
>>
>>1338570
i've been downloading them from here
http://thetvtorrents.com/show/alone
>>
>>1337768
Does your /pol/tarded rracism need to permeate into every fucking conversation you ever have you basement dwelling lactose intolerant acne-riddle faced incel faggot dweeb?
>>
Can anyone identify Dave's camo jacket and pants? They appear to be wool?
>>
Another pic
>>
>>
>>
>>1338809
Thanks
>>
>>1338836
Do you need to be this much of a faggot?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.