[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/out/ - Outdoors

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 25 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

Anyone know where to buy the Marine Corps ILBE pack for a good price? Local milsurp store has them for fucking $300 so I’ll pass on that, and I never like to order anything used online because you don’t know what you’re getting. Any help would be appreciated
>>
>>1293293

Though there's always the chance of being burned, online is probably your best option unless you find the pack somehow on our local Craigslist or there's a gunshow in your area where they will probably be selling milsurp. If you can, see if you can get something in "Very Good" or "Like New" condition to minimize any chance that you'll be getting something torn to hell and back and given more patch jobs than a rusted out bucket.
>>
>1293301
Thanks for the advice, I’ll see when the next gun auction in my area is, hopefully they’ll have that and other stuff
>>
you can't use that if you aren't a marine
>>
main pack is absolute trash. i keep one as a utility ruck, but it's ass for backpacking. Assault bag is GOAT daypack though.
>>
>>1293316
why not?
>>
>>1293362
it's not yours to bear
>>
>>1293365
why not? if i purchase a bag i should be able to use it.
>>
>>1293367
good men have literally died for it, you have absolutely no right to desecrate their memory
>>
>>1293368
lmao
>>
>1293368
Did you just blow in from stupid town?
>>
>>1293293
why would you, though? So you can larp being a jarhead?
>>
>>1293368
Good men have died for a backpack lol. You know what surplus means right?
>>
>>1293368
It is not a uniform item you faggot. I use my service backpack too though I am a civilian now and if I see a civi wearing the same thing I am happy to know that someone researched for a good pack.
>>
>>1293293
From a Marine who's done with the Corps. Ebay nickel and dimes all the components but if you look hard enough you might find one under $100.
>>
I bought one off Ebay a few years back for 120. Came with a bunch of other camping shit. Good deal
>>
>>1293362
It'll automatically halve your IQ and make you crave crayons and jalapeño cheese
>>
>>1293368
It is just a pack dude. If a civilian wants to use it there should be no issue with it at all.
>>
>>1295601

agreed. wanting a decent backpack built to a purpose isn't stolen valour, chill the fuck out. While I can't say much about marine-specific stuff, I'm in an entirely different country, my first bet would be e-bay. My buddy has a really nice eberlestock bag that I'd probably take over a standard US marine one, but that shit's pricey af. I'd look for anything half decent with a frame - preferably aluminum IMO - one big compartment, with a top pouch, a few side compartments, a place to either put or hang sleeping kit, side straps, and if it's not decently waterproof, have a waterproof cover for it.
>>
>>1293368
Lol @ this faggot
>>
>>1293301
Every single pack I've seen at my local shows always ends up being bust. Missing parts, ripped stitching, crusty material stained with blood/mud/dip spit etc.
>>
This thread got me to check the backpacks of our army, turns out they're super cheap.

65 Liter, ca. 72 x 40 x 28 cm. Waterproof Polyamid

Any thoughts?
Never bougth a backpack like that for hiking before.
>>
>>1293368
No one died for a backpack shitstain.
>>
File: girl_gun_fuck_yeah1.jpg (71 KB, 600x668)
71 KB
71 KB JPG
>>1293368
They also died for our right to do whatever the fuck we want with our belongings. Also my fucking taxes payed fir its research and it's not a WMD or anything.
>>
>>1296570
Might be ok if you don't ask too much of it. Stay clear from brands like Miltec or MFH. I'd rather go for a used original (about same price) or even a new one (60 euridoos), They come in 1000D cordura and better sewing, which is a whole different league.
>>
If you live in the east or west coast of US, look for a nearby marine base. I bought one outside Lejeune for $50 off a guy from craigslist or another app.
>>
>>1296577
>implying we don't have the god given right to own and operate weapons of mass destruction
>>
Dave Cantburry recommended them because they hold tons of crap and only went for $50 back then. That's when I go mine. Mine even came with a dry bag on the inside.
>>
why are rucksacks so damn expensive? theyre just goddamn bags for christ sake
>>
>>1293495
>>1293530
>>1295601
You are all morons

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.