[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/out/ - Outdoors

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

What is the weirdest experience you had while /out/? Anything. Either just weird things you’ve seen or /x/ shit.
>>
>>1303986
the other day a redneck couple had sex down stream from me as I fly fished
>>
File: fucking shit.jpg (3.31 MB, 3264x2448)
3.31 MB
3.31 MB JPG
This was mine and I took a pic.
>>
File: Reed Ghost.png (233 KB, 875x1361)
233 KB
233 KB PNG
Spook thread?
>>
>>1303986
>go to Colorado for some sweet mountain hiking
>Estes Park
>late spring (I think I got there 28 May)
>every single trailhead has a conclave of dirty, mostly-naked or fully-naked, probably-homeless druggies begging for weed and food and trying to sell "authentic Native American hand-blown glass pipes (don't mind the hecho-en-Chine sticker on the bottom)" out of their walmart dome tents
>>
>hiking in Polish mountains
>absolutely deserted area, 3 days into my 7 day wilderness trek
>largely off trail and bushwhacking, following deer trails
>come across caves near forest
>enter for the fun of exploration
>sudden deep drop off 20 meters into cave
>barely visible daylight behind me, using torch on dank walls, starts to get drier
>untouched, no footprints in dust, not even animal tracks (weird)
>climb down drop very carefully using handholds
>plateau, pitch black. On the other side of the plateau is another drop off into a huge gulley, can barely make out the far side with my little torch
>smell fetid, rotten stink on the cool cave breeze
>stinks like oily bird feathers, shit and the time I accidentally left a packet of liver in the car for 5 days
>I begin walking back to the wall I climbed down
>hear sound coming from down the cold breeze of the gulley
>”heeeelp”
>I freeze to process it, then call back “Hey! Hello! I’m here to help!”
>nothing
>no reply
>stink is incredibly intense now
>everything is telling me to run (I usually always stand my ground even when I should have fled)
>fucking fuck this
>scramble up cave wall, drop bandana and berries and other shit I’d collected
>get out
>run the fuck out of the cave and down the hillside
>march about 20 miles, long into the evening and through the night until I’m at the peak of another mountain
>don’t sleep the whole night, every pair of animal eyes and cracking of twigs gets me
>finish hike a much faster route
>to this day, the stink of birds and rotted flesh makes me shudder
>>
File: fallout 2.png (115 KB, 920x563)
115 KB
115 KB PNG
>>1304768
Creepy. Wonder what it was?
>>
File: 20171209_093857.jpg (2.84 MB, 3264x1836)
2.84 MB
2.84 MB JPG
There is this part of the woods i hike in that is dead silent
>>
Found a half-burried tote covered with leaves. It was full of kids halloween costumes
>>
>>1304768
Which mountains?
Sounds like wheeze of wind sounded like a voice
>>
>>1304768
>>1304790
>>1304852
It was some dude who fell there and broke his leg, laying there for days and then heard someone coming and used his last physical- and willpower to scream help and then passed out. The smell was his infected rotting leg.
>>
I found a teddy bear leaning against a tree in the middle of a large forest. I don't have a picture because this was about 15 jears ago.
>>
Found clothes, bones, wallet, glasses; scattered around a roughly 40ft diameter circle.
>>
>>1304859
Did you report it?
>>
>>1304856
Damn that must have been horrible for him to hear somebody coming but then leaving again. But I would have done the same in your situation.
>>
>>1304865
I wasn't that anon i was just speculating the most probable explanation.
>>
>>1304768
some polish guy yelled in english? you probably just heard something
>>
>>1304858
Friend of mine found similar. He and a friend went camping in outback Australia in a remote national forest near a 100yo abandoned mining town.
They explored the town and found some cool shit, but the freaky one was a mint condition white Teddy bear lying in a grassy field near a half collapsed factory of some sort.

He went calling there again 6 months later and it had moved a few meters and was face down, ah the fur half rotten and matted down from rain.
>>
>>1305290
It's creepy but maybe some people do this to scare others
>>
>>1305290
why didnt he save the poor teddy bear
>>
>>1303986
>walking on a short trail in SoCal with my friend
>about 5 minutes in, hear movement off to the left in a thicket
>there are two buck naked mexicans / Indians / some brown minority wearing white war paint
>friend and I keep walking and don't even discuss this until like a month later
>>
Was hiking the western uplands in Algonquin Park and came across an older man wearing a grey three piece suit that had like a grocery bag's worth of gear on him who was asking for food. Three days later on the way out we ran into him again and he was not far from his original spot at all
>>
>>1304796
I need to start getting into winter /out/ stuff besides snowboarding for this reason. the main reason I like the winter is bc it's silent, and it's ruined on busy slopes
>>
>>1304790
>>1304852
Maybe it was a hermit cannibal who was trying to lure him in, and the stench was from hikers that he found , took back to his cave, and ate.
>>
I've posted this before, but I saw an old gay couple fucking by a toxic fishing lake. To be honest seeing a dead man or a satanic ritual would be less traumatic.
>>
>hiking in rural northern mn
>come to a stream
>been hiking for a while
>see 3 carins clumped together 30 feet away in a stream
>preform my god given duty to approach the carins then proceed to kick the shit out of them
>about to return to my path i diverted from
>hear some oogabooga speak from really close by
>turn around then i see a hoard of japanese weebs
>nikon cameras
>dyed hair of the rainbow
>contemplate taking my machete out
>decide to kick water at them and run tf away
>>
>>1303986
When I was like 12-13ish while just exploring some woods near the family
Cabin we have out in western Washington me and my brother found a small cross made out of small twigs and vines twisted together. It was really well made too, I guess some bored hiker could have made it but we where still in private property and not very close to any public trail. We left it there I just had a bad feeling that we shouldn’t mess with or take it
>>
>>1304891
fly bait
>>
I saw a fish man recently anybody interested
>>
File: 1530644164521.jpg (178 KB, 600x857)
178 KB
178 KB JPG
>>1307282
go on
>>
File: IMG_0516.jpg (2.56 MB, 2592x1936)
2.56 MB
2.56 MB JPG
I found this near the shore of the ocean one time when I was /out/
>>
>>1308637
That's straight up freely deeky in a shop/childs bedroom let alone /out/
>>
>>1305799

And then you guzzled their santorums
>>
File: IMG_0023.jpg (2.2 MB, 2592x1936)
2.2 MB
2.2 MB JPG
found this inside of an abandoned camp
>>
>move to rural manitoba 5 years ago
>no nothing about outdoors or wildlife
>be late fall. Dark outside
>decide to go for a walk to the back garage which is about 70 yards from house
>having a smoke
>hear a werid sneeze/whistle sound come from bush 30 feet from me
>hear brands breaking and footsteps like someone running
>hear freakish whistling sound while footsteps move towards my left
>heart pounding
>deer pops out of the bush running and whistling

Fuck i almost pissed my pants.
>>
File: Captuffre.jpg (393 KB, 1528x862)
393 KB
393 KB JPG
I found a scarf along the road in some back woods on a trail (pic related). I went down the bank here and found a woman's shoe and underwear.

Kinda creeped me out about going any further without some protection.
>>
>>1308741
You posted it upside-down ya big donkey dongus.
>>
>>1308771
If she's already dead the protection would just kill the sensations, Anon.
>>
>>1304858
sad. means a child died usually. possibly nearby.
>>1305290
anything left to the elements wont remain as it was before. no spook 2b had.
>>
>>1308771
Spoop!
>>
Not much.
Found an old backpack frame once... in a really dead area. super weird vibe the whole time felt like I was being watched
>>
Already posted this once, couple of years back on a pig hunting trip with a friend, middle of the night we stayd at the edge of a clearing (no hunting at night, can start one hour before sunrise. We were drining a little whiskey (really a little) friend was not used to out, started freaking out a little, i asured him all the noises were normal, suddenly we heard a kid laughing, ok not normal, even i started freaking out a little, heard weird noises, muffled childrens voices, get freaked out some more, decide to pack up and gtfo, suddenly i see something, instinct kicks in and i kicked full force (im a 98 kilo 1.87m big guy) i hear crying... turned out i kicked the shit out of a boyscout... felt like shit, also verry glad i dident arm my mosberg shotgun (like i said was pig hunting) moral of this story, chill the fuck out.. to this day i feel bad about it but it could had been worse, could have put a 12 gauge slug in a little kid...
>>
File: 1529505293067.jpg (304 KB, 1000x1000)
304 KB
304 KB JPG
>>1303986
Saw an entire herd of midget deer one time. They were like 3 foot tall at the most and really stout looking, not gangly and slightly disproportionate like fawns are.
>>
>>1303986
I once explored a ghost town on the border of Mexico in Southern Arizona. Part of the town was in Mexico and part on US with only a chain link fence to separate the countries. There was an old abandoned school house that was completely trashed. The fence had large holes cut in it.
>>
>>1311065
Where was this?
>>
>>1311898
Central Alberta. I wasn't even way in the boonies or anything either, this was in a little stand of trees surrounded by farmland.
>>
>>1311884
Town name?
>>
>>1312122
I can't remember it was like 10 years ago.
>>
>>1304796
>The only other sound's the sweep
>Of easy wind and downy flake
>>
>>1312765
Damn live in southern Arizona need more places to check out.
>>
>>1303992
were they attractive?
>>
>>1313516
He said they were rednecks.
>>
>>1304796
Snow absorbs soundwaves, hence why things seem still and peaceful after a fresh snow.
>>
>>1308774
>not realizing hes an ausfag poster
E
D
U
R

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.