[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/out/ - Outdoors

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

You have been framed for the murder of a Kennedy,American political royalty. A over enthusiastic reporter has aired the story before the authorities have acted. The news is everywhere that FBI,CIA,NSA, Homeland Security, local SWAT, Green Beret, and SEAL Team Six agents and soldiers have just set out to capture you. Fortunately for you they are heading to Florida, your only known place of address. You left for that week to go on a hiking trip in the Rocky Mountains in northern Montana all by yourself. You told no one of your plans and displayed no identification along the way. All transactions were done with cash. As an obsessed k/ommando for years you have been acquiring every weapon and military equipment that is reasonably possible for a person to obtain. From ghillie suits to a predator drone.You name it, you have it. In addition you have tactical skills and battle experience that puts Jason Bourne to shame. Your intelligence,adaptability, resourcefulness, and situational awareness is unparalleled .You make the realization that no matter what you say the frame up has been so meticulous that you will be found guilty and put to death with the entire nation cheering your demise.
>>
>>1330961
OwO whats this
>>
>>1330973
What is your plan? What do you do?
>>
>>1330961
I'd kill the government
>>
>steal a car
>find a big container for water, fill up at a stock tank.
>get to the Hole in the Wall
>dig in like a tick
>paint my face and chest
>shoot any fed that comes through the passage until they come up with some creative way to kill me
>>
>contact Alex Jones
>wait
>>
Go to op's house and fuck his mom
>>
>>1330975
>What is your plan? What do you do?
I log on to /out/ to shitpost
>>
b-but I live in Australia
>>
File: d79.jpg (87 KB, 600x714)
87 KB
87 KB JPG
Probably pull one o' these.
>>
OKC
>>
>>1331165
This is the only correct answer
>>
I dont live in USA or USA puppet states, so whatev :DD
>>
I always find preppers hilarious. Who do you think people, desperate and hungry, will go for first when they hear word about town of a man stockpiling bean?

You're fucked. It won't go down like some zombie movie. If say the financial system collapsed and there was total anarchy, preppers would get murdered for their goods first.

>Damn I haven't eaten in a week
>Me neither
>Let's go steal that autists food I heard he has a lot of it
>Who you mean that autist who lives in the bunker by himself?
>Yeah him
>Ok
>You = dead

What are you going to do? Attempt to bargain with people who haven't eaten in a week and are coming to take YOUR SHIT. No, try not eating for a week and see how you feel. You won't die if you try this, but you'll understand how it feels.

Preppers would get fucking REKT before almost anyone else other than the unfortunate randoms. But I mean, when people got to that point of methodical "we need these resources", preppers get fucked first on the list.
>>
Did you seriously post the exact same thread here too?
>>
File: th.jpg (197 KB, 1000x667)
197 KB
197 KB JPG
>>1331232
you need to establish radio communication with other preppers and have a defense plan
also don't even tell the other preppers the extent of your plan

I'm going to build a 6 foot thick cement nazi command post up in the mountains no one would be able to penetrate that
>>
>>>/k/
>>
Well. Luckily I live in the far off land of the Canadian Peso, so I can tell you that there are several old unmaintained and unwatched fire ranger/logging trails that head between Northern Idaho and the Yahk mountain on our side. Used to hike across the border as a whee lad. So, I guess I'd make it up there and bail into the Canadian wilderness where it's so sparsely populated nobody would find me. I know the land well and what is and isn't edible up there. Winter is the only problem but by then I'd hope that the truth had already come out.
>>
>>1330961
I'd tell you to get the fuck off this board, we y'all don't like yer kind round here ya dig bruther.
Go create cancer somewhere else.
>>
>>1331232
>implying preppers tell their neighbors

You don't know the first rule of prepping, jesus.
>>
>>1331359
>implying you can keep your prepping hidden from your neighbours
>>
>>1331370
Not hard when you live a mile a part.
>>
>>1331232
It’s called gunfire, anon, and it’s quite persuasive.
>>
>>1331232
>his bunker doesn't have a self destruct procedure
>>
>>1331232
>not recognizing an opportunity to capitalize on the ready, ultra-competitive supply of labor by reforming desperate, starving bands of pickers into well fed and sheltered chattel slaves for his McManor
>>
>>1331232
>Not deploying land mines.
>>
>>1330961
wow, good thing i went on a hiking trip with:
>every weapon and military equipment hat is reasonably possible for a person to obtain. From ghillie suits to a predator drone. You name it, you have it."
so, first i'd start off by sucking off my own cock and then i'd take a trusty e-tool or seven and dig a hole and live like saddam.
>>
File: 1531271713963.jpg (77 KB, 1080x360)
77 KB
77 KB JPG
>>1331347
Make me bitch.
>>
>>1330961
>All transactions were done with cash.
I really need to stop using my card.
>>
>>1331359
Word spreads fast. People aren't stupid.. well, I mea--
>>1331439
Sure, but you vs. 10 people?
>>1331456
Lol well no but it's a must. Or a tunnel leading elsewhere. Or a bunker within the bunker for when shit gets real ugly.
>>1331460
Yeah I know, this is what people think but you can't bargain all the time. Hopefully if you're fortunate they'll want to work for you, but either way it's a risk since they could just pop you one in the head while you're alseep and now they have the food and bunker.
>>1331494
Lmao ok but how do you get out then
>>
>>1331232
This is reddit tier retardation
>>
>>1332563
Explain why you think that lad
>>
>>1330961
Thank you for this thread
>>
Have to imagine you'll need to blackmail them into keeping the entire thing quiet.

You'll have to pull a Snowden and have a massive dump of information for when you die or are captured, and you need to let them know this.
>>
File: 1285250719258.jpg (90 KB, 500x408)
90 KB
90 KB JPG
>>1331439
It is not when the horde coming for your food has absolutely nothing to loose. Desperation is the ultimate motivator.
>>
>>1332565
Because if you're prepping and you know half shit about anything, you don't tell anyone about your stockpile.
>>
>>1331232
The autist with all the guns that has been preparing for shitheel looters like us for years? Yeah great idea.
>>
>>1332557
>Sure, but you vs. 10 people?
then it is a fair fight.
>>
>>1332638
Doesn't matter
You seem to think life is like a Hollywood movie or something
>>1332660
No, life isn't a movie
>>1332664
See above
>>
>>1332670

>gun holds 11 rounds
>10 people to kill

Just enough to kill myself after the atrocity I just committed
>>
File: 32ruotsetuMP_ul.jpg (87 KB, 820x500)
87 KB
87 KB JPG
>>1332660
Everybody makes mistakes and everybody needs to sleep at some point. Fortification is in the end an exercise in futility. After the complete collapse of society, roaming, hunting and gathering like we used to is the most viable short term survival plan.
>>
>>1332677
You'll get taken out with slingshots if they get hungry enough
If you are all thats standing between a man who hasn't eaten for 2 weeks and a tin of beans......its over desu
>>
>>1332709
>>1332660
It will work if you have a bunker in the Antarctic or something. I think the elites probably do. The billionaires must have some plan where they go if crisis, right? Like the most expensive bunker in the world where they all buy into.

Or maybe DEEP innawoods to the point it's difficult to even get to yourself, then yeah.

But if you're just in some shit bunker then you're fucked
>>
>>1332715
a man who hasn't eaten for two weeks is going to have a hard time fighting against a man who's eaten his fill. Even a group would still have a tough time.
>>
>>1332820
You've clearly never been really hungry
2 weeks you'll still function, you'll be like a rabid animal. You would probably seriously consider eating a human at that point.
>>
>>1332825
There will be far softer targets than an actual weapons-grade autist dug in like a tick in a fortified underground bunker that somehow you magically know about, assaulting said emplacement guaranteeing swift death for a majority of your party of pickers. I'm not sure if you are retarded or European or trolling or all three, but bands of starving sadists don't usually go around with ground penetrating radar or charge right into streams of fire like Boxer Rebels when they can just steal or even extort from the weaker or less prepared.
I'd be far and away more concerned about the literal money pit that a bunker builder was making himself; it is a bet on long odds, but who cares? This is America; that's an autist's right. Not sure why urban types get so buttmad about emergency preparedness and assume everyone who takes steps toward that is 'Doomsday Preppers' levels of retarded.
>>
>>1332873
I'm not mad at all, you're just reading into it that way. I don't blame them for preparing but that doesn't mean they won't be target no. 1
>>
>>1330961

Quest theads belong in /qst/
>>
>>1332873
bunkers are stupid they just smoke you out
>>
>>1334411
yes, those roving bands of starving people and their ground penetrating radar arrays. Again, the main concern with a bunker is that it's an actual money pit.
>>
>>1331232
While this is obviously a troll post, let's talk prepping anyway.

What are your opinions on bugging out vs bugging in/sheltering in-place?
>>
>>1334857
Not even trolling. Obviously, the post doesn't apply to people who are already in the sticks. But I mean, it still might, who knows, people will head for there too.

If you live in a city and can't afford a bunker, I suppose there is really no way you could ever know if you prepped properly or w.e.
If you live innawoods already then I mean, you have a head start or something
If you live DEEP innawoods then you're probably fine for a while.

The elites probably have a bunker in Antarctica or somewhere like that, lol.
>>
>>1334922
Well, it really does depend on if you think the disaster in question is going to be a long term one or not.

I recall some guy from Brazil or something talking about how law and order were first restored in the cities during their WORL situation, which seems counter intuitive at first. Though it might be a case of the cities being where the military/police forces can consolidate before sallying forth to reclaim the suburban and rural areas. Kind of like a modern day castle town.

Of course, then that all boils down to how much you trust your local military/police forces when they're given carte blanche to restore order.
>>
>>1335060
Depends on what situation to begin with

If it's total all out wild west after a nuke or something like that, then I mean, innawoods probably best bet, but deep innawoods. Not like a a few miles from the nearest person.
>>
>>1335064
I'll fully admit that planning for a nuclear warfare situation is very engaging and it's very useful as a worst case scenario.

However, there are many less than WCS where knowing the way to the nearest city is a good thing as cities are likely to receive aid and information first.
>>
>>1332825
>you'll be like a rabid animal

you mean you'll be so weak you can barely walk and not be able to think?

Because I don't think YOU'VE ever been starving, because its a goddamn epic feat to stand up and walk around and do basic tasks while actually starving.

This isnt Hollywood and apparently you dont know fuckall about shit as starving makes you weak as fuck and clouds your judgement, it DOES NOT GIVE YOU SUPER POWERS.

fucking retards
>>
>>1330961

Easy

I record some YouTube quality videos of myself informing of the situation and upload them to the cloud. I ditch all weapons and turn myself in half naked, but recording with my phone, maybe a livestream. I make sure to gather publicity before turning myself in.

Then I turn myself in and tell the truth (I didnt kill anyone). I make sure journos pick on my story and give short interviews, to make the case as mediatic as possible

Then after things are cleared, myself the victim, I sign numerous contracts for TV, news and talk shows, and even arrange a meeting with the kennedys themselves to clear my name (and theirs)

While I do this I sue for diffamation and make my case as big as I can for that sweet sweet money. I discretely close the case for an undisclosed fuckhuge sum of money and make a book and movie deal out of all of this,
>>
>>1335251
No you're the only retard here
It does make you weak, but it DOES NOT cloud your judgement at all. You are almost tunnel vision on thinking about the procurement of food. You literally can't think of anything else. And if someone was stood between you and food, then there would be a real issue

You're the retard
>>
>>1330975
Bomb google and release my radical pro-panoramio manifesto signed "With love from ebaumsworld.com"
>>
>>1331002
bunker buster RIP
>>
>>1335258
>but it DOES NOT cloud your judgement at all. You are almost tunnel vision on thinking about the procurement of food. You literally can't think of anything else

>DOES NOT cloud your judgement

>tunnel vision

>literally can't think of anything else
>>
>>1331232
What I don't get is why preppers always tend to be solo /out/ists.

Because if you get a few friends, neighbours and family involved, suddenly you have watchmen and patrolmen, help with your food cultivation, people to help clean, people to hold down the fort while you do shit and vice versa, and even just having a more populated area will make you less of a target (nobody wants to fuck with 20 people as opposed to 1).
>>
>>1337586
Yeah if it was a community then wew... they could do some damage if necessary

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.