[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k] [s4s] [vip] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/p/ - Photography

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

How do we end this?
>>
>>3131494
>Near mint

People who write this need to be gassed.

As for how do we end this? We go to HK and get cheap knock offs and flood the market so these fuckboys see their plastic toys value drop.
>>
i'm a hipster with rich parents and i buy all your cameras.

fight me.
>>
>>3131504
I fucking will, square go you cunt
>>
>>3131494
Just don't comply with supply and demand senpai.

All you've got to do is enforce everyone else in the world to not want to pay as much as you want to for your things.
>>
>>3131498
They don't make knockoffs of a camera that's been out of production for 30 years dude.
>>
>>3131819
Cost =/= value

This isn't supply and demand, this is artificial price inflation. These guys are no better than that Shkreli fuck.
>>
>>3131827
It would only be artificial price inflation if
1. There was unlimited supply
2. It was a necessary purchase, not luxury knick knack

If it wasn't necessary and is in limited supply, then it's worth whatever someone is willing to pay. The fact you're willing to cry over being too poor to afford one just shows it is in high demand from dumb little faggots like you.

Fwiw I paid $20 for my xa from a store, didn't even want one particularly, makes a nice shelf ornament.
>>
>>3131829
>I'm just going to make up my own definition of artificial and worth
Neither supply nor demand have changed substantially in over a decade, and yet prices have increased more than tenfold in many cases. In no way is this natural inflation. The same thing has been happening in many other hobbyist/collectors' markets: sellers buy out smaller/cheaper stocks, resale for extortionate prices, 'buy' their own stock to fabricate increased demand/value and then convince other sellers to do the same.

And fwiw I also own one.
>>
The XA is quite cheap in the UK ... Maybe I should buy some and export them to the US?
>>
>>3131831
>demand hasn't changed
Except the xa is now a meme camera that every hipster faggot wants. If you knew cameras instead of memes you would be able to recognise similar functionality cameras at much lower costs. But you're not, you're a meme chaser that pushes up the prices of my old plastic tat. Cheers.

>supply hasn't changed
What, you mean apart from the fact they are no longer produced, have a shutter button that loves to fail and the whole camera is nigh on impossible to repair so most end up in the bin? Or does a continually dwindling supply of a limited resource not count as a change in supply to you?

Fuck. Ing. Dunce.
>>
can someone tell me why film compacts/disposable cameras are suddenly so expensive? i understand it's a hipster meme but why people buy them for that or higher price when for example you can get fully working ilm slrs with lens for $20-50?
that's kinda like honda civic from 1993 becoming a meme and going for $20000
>>
>>3131854
Is everyone in here really this dumb

Supply

And

Demand

And

Chasing

Memes

And yes it regularly happens with cars, in 1990 the jag e type was a very affordable classic, by 2000 it was worth as much as a small home. The pricey point and shoots you're whining about were the pricey point and shoots from their time.
>>
brb, gonna buy a heapton of fuji ga645zi's before the hipster locusts hit them too
>>
>>3131851
>If you knew cameras instead of memes
That’s some hot projection m8. The XA was an example. I’ve seen the same shit happen to Zeiss Ikontas, Kodak Retinas, Yashica Mats, even fucking Zenits and Zorkis now. So kindly fuck off with this meme shit.

>they are no longer produced
Yeah, they went out of production in the 80s. You could get one for less than a tenth of the price of the OP in 2007.

>whole camera is nigh on impossible to repair
Now you’re just making up shit. It’s far easier to repair than most P&Ss (I took mine apart last night to play with the cover mechanism) and there are ex-designers out there who fix them for a living.
>>
>>3131854
Pocketable camera + good glass, that's why. If we're using car examples: your suggestion to get an SLR for less would be like suggesting a Honda Accord sedan instead of an NSX.
>>
kill all the white man
>>
>>3131941
this.
>>
>>3132013
Wrong I sell these cameras and most men who buy are Asian or white hipster girls
>>
>>3131865
> ex-designers
Ex designers of what?
>>
>>3131860
>film door latch came off GA645zi, have to disassemble camera to fix

fml
>>
File: babypuke.gif (1.14 MB, 290x198)
1.14 MB
1.14 MB GIF
>>3131494
By not responding to their ads, or showing any interest by not contacting them. Craigs is far worse. There is some guy that has been posting the same tired ad for the last year for a lot of worthless bodies that are over priced. And there are others who think old means valuable. You figure that these people would get a clue when nobody is responding. But apparently they went to some auction/estate sale, and paid far too much.
>>
>>3131854
Aside from the other things, XAs are really fragile when compared to something like an Mju or any other compact from the era. The shutter button is known for shitting the bed, the rangefinder is delicate, and the clam shell cover can pop off from the lightest of knocks.
All of this means that over 30 years, a decent amount of XAs have probably been lost, and more having their rangefinders knocked out of alignment.
>>
>yesterday i saw an auction starting at $10 for 9 rolls of EXPOSED expired trash
how do we end THIS?
>>
>https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/melbourne-cbd/non-digital-cameras/olympus-stylus-epic-mju-ii-35mm-f-2-8/1154366730

i want to neck myself everytime i see an ad like this
>>
>>3131494
End what ?
>>
>>3131827
>than that Shkreli fuck.
Are you one of those people that likes the idea of the government rigging up the competition based on their version of morality ?
>>
>>3131941
desu this
>>
>>3131827
>Shkreli
but that guy blackmailed big pharma, thats very different from scamming normal buyers.
>>
>>3132186
No, I’m one of those guys who lives in a country where everyone has free access to good healthcare. Not some bumfuck third world shithole like Burgerstan where you pay through the nose for insurance then are forced to fork up the price of a car for a broken bone because you forgot to mention you had a cold four years ago.
>>
lol bought loads of mjuII's about 8 years ago. Most i ever paid was about $8.

It's an alright camera but noticeably poorer to other compacts like a t2.

Weird thing with the XA and mju thing is you can buy many similar era olympuses, same lens similar size with a price that's not been inflated.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.