[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/p/ - Photography

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 16 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

Meta on /qa/ only.
All meta discussion of boards is to be redirected to /qa/.

Reflex just got a competitor.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/692391811/elbaflex-35mm-true-analog-camera-history-reloaded

Looks pretty nice but the specs aren't anything to get excited about.
>>
>>3188845
>Analog photography is the fun of saying “no” to the wave of images that overload our senses
>Nikon mount
>Not specifying AI or Non-AI
>No light meter
>1-1/500s
>$599
For $599 I could easily get a super durable Nikon body and a bunch of lenses to boot. Why don't they ever learn. Good luck shipping this camera before 2022.
>>
>>3188849
>No light meter
Why would it need auto-indexing without a light meter?

But yeah, any old Nikon body blows that thing out of the water.
>>
>>3188850
Lens compatibility will become an issue though. I have seen a lot of idiots destroyed their cameras by mounting Non-AI lenses on AI bodies.
>>
>>3188845
>'oh look, another shit cash-in for nostalgiababbies - '
>wait
>what's this?
>expected retail price: $1500
>what the fucking fuck
>what do you even get for that
>shit range of shutter speeds
>only one mount, and a shitty one at that
>not even a fucking light meter
>only a 2-year warranty
LITERALLY WHY. You could get a boxed Leica M3 or M6 for that much, and that's sure as hell going to have a longer and more fulfilling life than this piece of shit.
>>
File: think.jpg (39 KB, 750x1000)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
a hunned bux for F3 the God, or six times that for this peace of shit
>>
>>3188845
ive never seen a camera that was longer on the left side than the right side
>>
>>3188845
Let me put this in perspective.

This thing is more expensive - adjusted for inflation, than many 1970's or 80's professional cameras.

For the money, it's shit.

Hipsters will love it.
>>
Does this camera have any redeeming qualities other than being new?
>>
>>3188845

>$599
>nothing special but a brand new mechanical SLR with available serviceability and warranty
>no light meter
>implying people shoot with sunny 16 and has a spotmeter everyday

its gonna fail hard.
>>
>>3189038
I actually think it will reach the goal but it's still worse than pretty much every old camera or even the Reflex that's on Kickstarter. It's also more expensive.
>>
>>3189040

at least those large format kick starters arent as bad.
>>
>>3188845
My fg-20 has more features then that piece of shit.
>>
File: 19M.jpg (32 KB, 389x319)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
Someone on Photo Rumors pointed out that this is actually a Kiev 19M. The only real difference is that this new camera doesn't have a light meter (which apparently was unreliable) and even the manufacturer is the same, i.e. Arsenal in Ukraine. Nothing to do with the old Ihagee cameras on a technical level.
>>
>>3188845
>Nikon-mount with THE most expensive legacy glass vs modular mount
>higher price even
Not even a competitor. This one is dead in the water.
>>
>>3189149
>Nikon
>THE most expensive legacy glass
Not even close
>>
>>3189181
Old Nikon lenses in good condition are surprisingly expensive though.
>>
>>3189098
so these ukrainians didnt need to design or tool a new factory. will cost them a few bucks to make and sell them for 500+. massive earnings off the back of the film hype. good job on them
>>
>>3189188
Kiev 19M with a 50mm f/2 lens cost something like $150 new. And in case you missed it, they're planning to sell these for $1500 after this campaign. And that's for body only. The wooden grip is new though.

So basically yes, you'll pay a truffle price for a potato.
>>
>>3189188
And in fact many of the parts used in these cameras may be old stock from the Arsenal factory. It was shut down a couple of years ago and now there's a company called Arax, which assembles cameras from leftover Kiev parts. So there may not even be much or any manufacturing involved, just assembling and rebadging.
>>
>>3189187
Driven up by people using them to shoot video. Given such a large FFD, you can basically adapt them to any mount.
>>
>>3189199
Collectors are another group hoarding them. Not to sound like fanboy, Nikon honestly was the king of film SLRs.
>>
2 year warranty eh? you sure the company would be around that long?
i'd have more luck getting a contax serviced than this thing
>>
>>3189036
Absolutely none whatsoever

You might as well pay someone two grand to kick you in the nads
>>
>>3189036
>>3189098
And so apparently it doesn’t even have the redeeming quality of being new.
>>
>>3189419
Well technically it is, because even if they assemble them using old parts, they're still unused. Or you could call them NOS:
>>
File: 1496832241631.jpg (70 KB, 627x680)
70 KB
70 KB JPG
>>3188849
>No light meter
Are you stupid?

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareGreenshot
Image-Specific Properties:
>>
The company posted a couple of clarifications in the comment section.

>the inside of the camera is designed by our Ukrainian colleagues and made with the tools from the Arsenal factory. We are changing the materials used so that the reliabilty is higher. We have also done some changes to the shutter mechanism. The body is build with tools from the Kiev 19M. It would be impossible to produce new tools for those parts as this is too costly for the small quantities.Therefore the camera looks similar.
>all parts are of course metal.

I don't think this is a good idea anyway. Even if the materials are good, the design isn't.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.