[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/p/ - Photography

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

New Pentax mirrorless rumors!
https://pentaxrumors.com/2017/01/14/rumors-from-japanese-magazine-pentax-m-e-mirrorless-camera/

Since the K-70 had dual-pixel AF I hope this will be the way forward. New mount and an adapter to use K-mount, hopefully both SDM/DC and screwdrive AF
So far 2018 looks very promising!
>>
>>3214260
And it's going to be in sony e mount, and be released with a sony > pentax af adapter.

It's all sony from here on out boys.
>>
>>3214260
Old, fake news.
>>
>>3214274
>And it's going to be in sony e mount, and be released with a sony > pentax af adapter.
This would actually be pretty amazing. The big issue everyone has with Sony is that their cameras aren't really that great for usability, and the big issue everyone has with Pentax is that their ecosystem is too small, so that would give Sony's mount some cameras with great usability and get Pentax into the mirrorless game with a set of lenses ready to mount in both full frame and crop.

I doubt they'd actually do it, but it would be shrewd as hell if they did.
>>
a modern k1000. the dream
>>
File: pentacks.jpg (230 KB, 500x706)
230 KB
230 KB JPG

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS6 (Windows)
Image-Specific Properties:
Image Width500
Image Height706
Number of Bits Per Component8, 8, 8
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution96 dpi
Vertical Resolution96 dpi
Image Created2013:09:29 21:07:45
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width500
Image Height706
>>
>>3214329
>>3214276
>>>/pol/
>>
>>3214260
>new
>literally a year ago
>confirmed fake news for a long time now
>>
>>3214500
This meme is older than you are kid fuck off with the political correctness just this once
>>
>>3214260
so how does the dual-pixel AF licensing currently work? does sony have access to it or does pentax/samsung license the tech but sony can produce it? i know it's slower than PDAF in their higher end cameras but why not use it everywhere else? and why does nikon still have absolute shit live view AF if even pentacks can get DP-PDAF?
>>
>>3214274
I-is this true? I will drop my a6000 for a pentax mirrorless immediately upon release. Sounds too good to be true.
>>
>>3214274
>E-mount
>adapter on top of it

nigga you dumb
>>
File: E-mount 3rd party.jpg (1.9 MB, 3000x4500)
1.9 MB
1.9 MB JPG
I agree joining the E-mount is their best bet.
The diversity of 3rd party selection is insane.
It's the most developed Mount at this time. The majority of research resources from Samyang /Cosina /Tamron is spent on exactly the E-mount. And the newer Chinese startups are following the trend.

If you take Leica as example, they pretty much doomed their new Full Frame camera by not making it E-mount. These 9 lineups were never ported to the Leica SL, so Pentax would be wise to avoid that fate.

>>3214260
>>3214274
It's cheaper to drop the screw drive, cheaper for Pentax and cheaper bodies for the consumer.

>>3214577
They probably want to use their old lenses.

Camera Softwarepaint.net 4.0.5
Horizontal Resolution96 dpi
Vertical Resolution96 dpi
>>
>>3214615
cameras are bad business, (hideously) expensive lenses are good business. It makes completely sense for leica, a company riding solely on brand exclusiveness, to try and keep that "within the family".
>>
>>3214615
>implying zeiss is a "3rd party manu" for Sony lenses
>implying rehoused security camera lenses count
>implying manual focus anything counts
>implying their aren't literally dozens and dozens of currently-in-production third party AF/AE compatible lenses for EF and F mount that all completely pwn this cavalcade of 3rd-world-PRC-ant-people-with-CNC-lathes-instead-of-parents garbage
>>
>>3214260
i hope it's going to be full frame and K Mount. there's nothing more promising than making full frame mirrorless body for Pentax K Mount lenses. making it E Mount would be just cucking themselves. if they enabling people to use old K mount legacy lenses, it would strengthen brand identity in people's minds.

i hope there will be no videocam bullshit in this camera. i hope this camera will be 100% stills dedicated camera. full frame, mirrorless, k mount, and not having to pay for video features bullshit, that would be perfect. i trust Pentax because i trust the K mount and the legacy shouldn't stop here. E mount can't win.
>>
>>3214545
If it has a noice proice then I'll bite.
>>
>>3214577
Read the link you dumb faggot, clearly says it's going to come with an adapter.

>>3214747
Errrm canikon don't stand a chance at having competitive quality until they get new mounts with a shorter flange distance.

>>3214757
Read the link, already states it comes with an adapter for k mount. You don't want it purely k mount due to flange distance and pentax's ff k mount lenses are almost non existent now. E mount already won, to the extent fuji dropped production on their own cine lens for x mount, but still make them in e mount.
>>
>>3214757
it says APS-C in the OP

also nobody wants a stills-only camera in 2018, Nikon got torn a new one for doing that with the Df
>>
File: pentaxk01a_mini.jpg (40 KB, 550x401)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
>>3214757
They did this already and it sucked.
>>
>>3214764
they made it ugly, that's why. a camera should only be black-black or black-silver. make it similar to old SLR or rangefinder, then you're all cash. we love pretty looking cameras, photography enthusiasts are visual creatures.

that's why we don't care if Fuji cheats on their ISO or Ricoh GR oversharpens quite badly, cus they're pretty.
>>
File: 1429644408844.png (13 KB, 266x220)
13 KB
13 KB PNG
>>3214747
>rehoused security camera lenses
Which ones are you referring to?

All of those lenses are uniquely E-mount and don't exist anywhere else, except for 3 of the Voigtlanders and 2 of the Loxias.
>>
>>3214747
>pwn

damn I haven't heard that word in a long time, it seemed older than a fucking film camera
>>
>>3214757
>K mount
The whole point of mirrorless cameras is short flange focal distance that allows smaller bodies and more lens design options.

>>3214764
>people like mirrorless cameras because they provide bigger sensors than compacts in bodies slimmer than DSLRs
>let's make a mirrorless camera as fat as a DSLR
>let's also make a mirrorless camera with the tiniest sensor
>wow why are we bankrupt yet again
>>
>>3215039
No, mirrorless is not about the smallest, tiniest cameras with smallest lenses anymore. Mirrorless technology has matured to the point where manufacturers feel safe to not go full miniature, because they offer unique advantages over a DSLR now.

>>3214615
E-mount is proprietary. No other manufacturer will be allowed to make bodies in this mount, anymore than Nikon will allow any other brand to make F-mount cameras. I think you're confused as to the agreements Sony has with manufacturers to make third party lenses. It's not "open source", it's just royalty-free, it still requires permission from Sony and signing an NDA.

Pentax has more chances of getting into the M43 game, since that's a consortium that has more than one brand making bodies in the same mount.

Honestly though, it will be K-mount mirrorless. Pentax doesn't have the capacity to support more than one mount.
>>
>>3215145
>No other manufacturer will be allowed to make bodies in this mount
This isn't true. Hasselblad was allowed to use both A-mount and E-mount in their bodies.

Zenit will also release a digital mirrorless soon.
https://camerajabber.com/zenit-release-full-frame-mirrorless-camera-2018/
I expect it to be E-mount, because nothing else will make sense. They are not going to join the dead Leica SL.
>>
>>3215145

E-make nut is an open mount, it is not proprietary. Pay Sony enough and you can use it.

This is why we see autofocus designs that work as well as native lenses from companies like Sigma and Samyang.
>>
>>3214763
>also nobody wants a stills-only camera in 2018
Yeah but none of them actually shoots video
>>
>>3215039
>The whole point of mirrorless cameras is short flange focal distance that allows smaller bodies and more lens design options.
redpill me on how this has got anything to do with K mount - E mount.
>>
>>3215145
>Pentax has more chances of getting into the M43 game, since that's a consortium that has more than one brand making bodies in the same mount.
Man, this would really make me happy. MFT and K mount are the only mounts i care about. K mount manual lenses are the most available out there in the vintage lens market. Honestly Pentax is not for the weak hearted who fell for E mount.
>>
>>3215399
Laughable. That would just kill Pentex. The last thing they need is to reduce sensor size and go down in image quality.

Also they won't stand a chance against Panasonic and Olympus.
>>
File: Terry-Richardson.jpg (65 KB, 600x400)
65 KB
65 KB JPG
>>3215399
>MFT and K mount are the only mounts i care about
I never thought I'd read a sentence this cucked outside of /r9k/...

Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS5 Windows
Horizontal Resolution28 dpcm
Vertical Resolution28 dpcm
Image Created2014:08:12 16:10:54
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width600
Image Height400
>>
>>3215403
if you look closely, there's almost no competition between panasonic and olympus. and both are doing great so far.
>>
>>3215480
And you think adding a 3rd brand into the mount will create a third new market that doesn't compete with the other two?
>>
>>3215483
lens mount is a big influence in the profitability of the product. competition wouldn't be too harsh. just like the current state of olympus and panasonic.
>>
>>3215485
Explain why should buy a pentex 4/3 over the superior Olympus cameras?
>>
>>3214762
>fuji dropped production on their own cine lens for x mount
Do you have a link that discuss this?

I had the impression they simply had to wait a little bit because they needed to allocate a big chunk to the film makers on E-mount.
>>
>>3215489
maybe the pentax just has something olympus doesnt
>>
>>3215353
You don't even have to pay sony, it is a completely open format. You think samyang pay anyone for anything?

>>3215397
K mount has a ~42mm flange distance, e mount is about 18mm. Which means any lens wider than 42mm on pentax is going to have a shitty retrofocal section doubling the size and weight, and ruining image quality.

>>3215492
I think it was mentioned in thecamerastores xmas video.

>>3215399
Asahi pentax are also some of the worst lenses, getting wrecked bycanon fd, rokkor and nikkor.
>>
>>3215497
>it is a completely open format

No it's not open format dipshit. You need Sony to agree to it and sign NDA contract to make E-mount lens
>>
>>3215497
>Which means any lens wider than 42mm on pentax is going to have a shitty retrofocal section doubling the size and weight, and ruining image quality
https://www.pentaxforums.com/lensreviews/hd-pentax-da-40mm-f2.8-limited.html
https://www.pentaxforums.com/lensreviews/hd-pentax-da-21mm-f3.2-limited.html
https://www.pentaxforums.com/lensreviews/hd-pentax-da-15mm-f4-ed-al-limited.html
>>
>>3215513
>>3215497
And just because, pic related
https://www.pentaxforums.com/lensreviews/smc-pentax-da-40mm-f2.8-xs.html
>>
File: pentax15mm.png (66 KB, 1118x517)
66 KB
66 KB PNG
>>3215145
>mirrorless is not about the smallest, tiniest cameras with smallest lenses anymore
Yeah, it's also about having the best lens designs unconstrained by the mirror. What's the point of a mirrorless camera that's just a DSLR with an empty mirror box? Might as well leave the optical viewfinder in.

>Pentax doesn't have the capacity to support more than one mount.
They have 2 mounts currently.

>>3215494
The problem with modern Pentax is that aside from a couple neat tricks with the IS system (ie astrotracer), they haven't invented *anything* new since they went digital.

>>3215513
>implying 21mm and 15mm aren't retrofocal
>implying they're good lenses
>>
What is the Pentax "flavor" ? Lens characteristics?

Do photos taken with Pentax have anything special to shared among the body and lenses?
>>
>>3215530
Pentax has several unique lenses, and their DSLR bodies have a lot of value for the price.
Also, if Canon, Nikon and Sony are too mainstream for you, and you don't want to be a m43 cuck or a dumb Fuji-wielding hipster, this essentially leaves Pentax as the /p/ contrarian's choice.
>>
>>3215529
Someone is being very insecure about someone other than his favorite brand is producing quality stuff. You are either under 14 or a walking social catastrophe living with his parents.
>>
>>3215529
>They have 2 mounts currently.
Three if you count the Q mount, although it looks like it’s been three years since they touched it.
>>
>>3215537
>I cannot refute any of the arguments so I'll just call him a faggot
>>
>>3215540
Q cameras and lenses aren't listed on the Ricoh/Pentax site anymore, so I assume that one's dead and buried.
>>
>>3215513
>>3215516
The 40mm is pancake as it's matching the flange distance, thanks for proving my point.
The wider designs are slow and soft at the edges, due to the retrofocal section.

>>3215537
Pentax aren't making quality stuff
I moved over to sony as pentax lenses are turds. Even the ltd range.
>>
>>3215566
Lol, why are you so angry about brands?
>>
>>3215530
They made unique weird lenses in the past. Like something out of Star Trek. Somehow Pentax always have that Star Trek vibe, that classic american sci-fi from the 80s. It’s cool i like it. Also recently they’ve been doing great. Their APSC line is great value, and their full frame camera is the best in the class. Pentax sensor is somehow better than Sony.
>>
>>3215594
>Startrek vibe
Who cares. I was asking about their image characteristic, e.g Canon have nice skin tones, Sony/Nikon has realistic colors, Zeiss glass has 3D pop and nice colors. What does Pentax even have? Bland, mediocre IQ and rendering?

>great value ASPC
Canikony APSC offer better values especially if you buy used

>Pentax sensor is somehow better than Sony.

You have to be very delusional to believe this, maybe compared to first gen A7, nothing comes close to A7RII/A7RIII/A9 sensor except D850 which is also Sony's.
>>
>>3215599
So much butthurt, your tears are delicious!
>>
>>3215599
https://www.dpreview.com/reviews/image-comparison?attr18=daylight&attr13_0=pentax_k1&attr13_1=sony_a7r&attr13_2=canon_eos6dmkii&attr13_3=nikon_d750&attr15_0=raw&attr15_1=raw&attr15_2=raw&attr15_3=raw&attr16_0=100&attr16_1=100&attr16_2=100&attr16_3=100&attr126_0=1&attr171_1=1&normalization=full&widget=1&x=0.3345447768148354&y=-0.14766764910703423

even the hated K-01 performed better than the competitors in the class.

>Canikony APSC offer better values especially if you buy used
that shouldn't be relevant.

>What does Pentax even have? Bland, mediocre IQ and rendering?
just like others, they have accurate rendering. i want my camera to be as accurate as possible, it's not the job of the camera to make the images look beautiful.
>>
pentax #1 faggors.
>>
>>3215594
>recently they’ve been doing great
Commercially, they haven't. K-1 itself is excellent, but doesn't sell particularly great due to poor lens choice, brand recognition and service; 645Z has been overshadowed by X1D and GFX; even on the APS-C side they dropped the ball with KP - it's subpar value for its $1000 price, and mirrorless-tier battery life on a 2017 DSLR is just baffling.

There's also the general issue with how Pentax does things, and IMO the root cause of their continued troubles in the last two decades. Instead of finding unoccupied niches and/or creating some special sauce that makes their cameras unique, they try to make cameras that compete head to head with Canikon - but due to lower prices and smaller economy of scale, Pentax will always have less profit than Canikon on the exact same things.

>Pentax sensor is somehow better than Sony.
Pentax sensor *is* Sony sensor. They're just better at squeezing juice from it than Sony itself.
>>
File: 1514299140263.jpg (58 KB, 728x546)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
>>3215599
>Canon have nice skin tones, Sony/Nikon has realistic colors, Zeiss glass has 3D pop and nice colors

These are all memes y'know
>>
>>3215610
>they try to make cameras that compete head to head with Canikon
i don't see this. pentax has always been different compared to canikon.
>>
>>3215611
You're a meme mate.
>>
>>3215616
Not an argument
>>
>>3215614
this.

https://youtu.be/sXv2HTQCK6k
>>
>>3215617
Can't be helped if you are poor and have shit eyes.
>>
>>3215614
Pentax's DSLRs do the exact same things as Canikon DSLRs. In most cases you can go from a Pentax DSLR kit to a Canikon DSLR kit or vice versa without changing your photography style at all - not so much with something like a GH5 or X-Pro2.
>>
File: Capture.png (867 KB, 902x653)
867 KB
867 KB PNG
pentaxfags BTFO
>>
>>3215631
same goes with Sony a mount DSLRs. that's just how DSLRs are. they all will feel the same.
>>
>>3215634
they just hate the grip that's all
>>
>>3215634
knock it off
>>
>>3215639
Sony discontinued their last DSLR years ago. They still make a couple fixed-mirror models, but those barely get any new features and generally seem like an afterthought to placate the few remaining A-mount fans.
>>
>>3215641
And the pricetag. It's just not the good value Pentax DSLRs are. With the K-70 costing half of the KP and the K-3II also somewhat lower it is just not a good choice.
And this is coming from a Pentax user. I actually agree on them with the KP.
>>
>>3215641
thqh there's no excuse to have a shit grip on a DSLR in 2017 unless you're doing something really radical
>>
>>3215652
You could already buy simple setup 3D printers in 2017 so why not just print the one you like?
>>
>>3215706
Because 3D printed plastic is crap, and also I kinda expect a $1000 camera to not fuck up the simplest of things.
>>
>>3215709
Nice talking straight from your ass. I have a bunch of 3D printed parts here surviving 100km/h+ crashes with a gopro and motors mounted on.
TPU is one hell of a printing material :)
>>
>>3215713
>:)
>>
>>3215713
I don't need my grip to survive a 100mph crash into a wall made of dragonforce, I need it to have a nice texture, or molded rubber/leather wrapping.
>>
>>3215530
>What is the Pentax "flavor" ?
The flavor of super slow AF.
https://www.dpreview.com/reviews/pentax-k-1/6

This will typically give you that "out of focus" rendering which many people think looks very soft and smooth.

Equipment MakeRICOH IMAGING COMPANY, LTD.
Camera ModelPENTAX K-1
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CC 2015 (Macintosh)
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)200 mm
Image Width7360
Image Height4912
Pixel CompositionRGB
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Image Created2016:07:05 13:29:21
Exposure Time1/1000 sec
F-Numberf/2.8
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating200
Lens Aperturef/2.8
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length200.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width576
Image Height384
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
ContrastHard
SaturationNormal
SharpnessHard
Subject Distance RangeDistant View
>>
>>3215641
battery life is mirrorless tier on a dslr
>>
File: .jpg (90 KB, 1150x457)
90 KB
90 KB JPG
>>3214542
anyone?

Camera SoftwareGreenshot
>>
>>3215631
>Pentax's DSLRs do the exact same things as Canikon
Except for... you know, critical things like Autofocus.

As soon as the subject does a little movement, the AF shits itself.

Equipment MakeRICOH IMAGING COMPANY, LTD.
Camera ModelPENTAX K-1
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CC 2015 (Macintosh)
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)200 mm
Image Width7360
Image Height4912
Pixel CompositionRGB
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Image Created2016:07:07 12:19:14
Exposure Time1/1000 sec
F-Numberf/2.8
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating320
Lens Aperturef/2.8
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length200.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width576
Image Height384
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
ContrastHard
SaturationNormal
SharpnessHard
Subject Distance RangeDistant View
>>
>>3215882
>>3215874
>doing sports AF tests on a landscape camera
>>
>>3215888
The second frame and onwards was out of focus.

That isn't even sports, the guy just did a small, slow movement and he was off.
>>
>>3215891
What was the exact speed of the subject?
Do you have a speed log to prove your claim?
>>
File: 1339615498054.jpg (24 KB, 367x451)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
>>3215898
>In our test designed to simulate a subject moving unpredictably at a moderate speed (such as a small child running towards the camera) the subject tracking failed nearly 85% of the time with limited attempts to reacquire the subject after losing focus.
Basically, he was in focus when he was in statue mode and didn't step the pedal.

As soon as he pushed the pedal a tiny bit, to simulate the speed of a baby, the beautiful soft and creamy out-of-focus rendering kicked in.
>>
>>3215899
so what they're saying is that pentacks PDAF is worse than CDAF from panny?
>>
>>3215902
I guess. The funny thing is the AF in that K-! was supposed to be an "upgrade" compared to their older cameras.

I dread to think of how show those things are.
>>
>>3215902
Wait, the CDAF on the GH series was pretty bad. I think the K-1 has faster AF than that.

The high-end Olympus camera will completely obliterate them though.
>>
>>3215905
yeah but now there's this monstrosity
https://www.dpreview.com/reviews/panasonic-lumix-dc-g9
so the K-1 is probably slower than the updated panny CDAF
>>
>>3215905
and oly still uses PDAF in the EM1.
>>
>>3215899
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/190-pentax-k-1/326010-pentax-k-1-does-some-horse-racing.html
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/190-pentax-k-1/328219-pentax-k-1-continuous-sequences-subjects-moving-towards-photographer-af-c.html

Pentax does firmware upgrades too, you know. The latest upgrade for my K-3 also brought improved tracking performance, given the lens AF drive is fast enough.
>>
>>3215906
>20 fps with continuous autofocus

well fuck
>>
>>3215914
>>3215899
https://www.pentaxforums.com/articles/photo-articles/sports-shooting-focusing-guide-horse-racing.html

You also need to know how to use your AF settings for what subjects. Slapping it into Auto won't help you much. There was one reviewer who did a shitty test with horse racing on the K-1 and it was immediately obvious he used the Auto mode, got burned hard later on, hence that little tutorial above being posted in the PF articles section.
>>
>>3215916
also note
>spoiler alert from our upcoming review: the G9 aces our bike test
and
>If I was casually shooting sports, with the intent on getting a few good keepers, I’d bring the G9 along. If a publication hired me to document a basketball game, I’d reach for a camera with phase detect AF.
So basically Canikon PDAF = Sony PDAF >>>> Panny CDAF >>> Pentacks PDAF
>>
>>3215905
AF on pretty much any modern upmarket camera is good enough for sports, with only a few exceptions like Pen F. The differences boil down to having 20% bad shots in a series for the worst ones vs 2% bad shots for the best ones, which honestly doesn't matter for amateur purposes.

>CDAF on the GH series
GH1 and GH5 are like 8 years apart. Panasonic now has some tech that supposedly discerns the OOF rendering of the lens to aid in focusing, and CDAF on their modern cameras is at least no worse than on any entry level DSLR while not being constrained to a small number of points.
>>
>>3215929
*than PDAF on any entry level DSLR
>>
File: 1353779190779.gif (982 KB, 280x218)
982 KB
982 KB GIF
>>3215927
>CDAF >>> Pentacks PDAF
Em fucking barrasing.

Why don't they just remove the shitty AF module? It's holding back their cameras.
>>
>>3215921
>>3215914
>>3215899
Also very important is AF micro adjustment regardless of what system you use. You have to do it with all your lenses, especially tele lenses. I usually redo the testing when the weather warms up or it gets cold (summer-winter).
I met a number of photographers who refused to do the adjustments and said it should be tack on straight out of the box. Quite a lot of them regularly post out of focus shots, so it's not entirely the systems fault. Or more likely mostly the dumb photographer missing the focus and blaming it on the gear is the real issue.
>>
>>3215906
To be fair, that's a quarter-frame camera that costs almost as much as the full-frame K-1. It would've been weird if it didn't come with some serious advantages in other areas.
>>
>>3215937
>AF micro adjustment
>You have to do it with all your lenses
>redo the testing when the weather warms up or it gets cold

CDAF doesn't have this problem. On-sensor PDAF shouldn't either.
>>
>>3215947
Well, so it's mostly a DSLR thing. Still as a photographer you shuld know how to set up your camera. Not to mention most of the reviews use the kit lenses. Using a lens with fast AF drive gives a much different result, as can be seen in the links.
Same reason why I don't really expect NatGeo tier results from my DA* 300 shooting BIF or sports.
>>
>>3215941
panny overpricing their cameras doesn't mean dedicated PDAF on a DSLR should be that much worse than CDAF
>>
https://www.mirrorlessrumors.com/new-pentax-lx-mirrorless-system-camera/

There's a BS rumor of a curved sensor FF mirrorless, but there's also shots of the very real LX mirrorless camera
>>
File: Pentax_LX_3-1.jpg (86 KB, 596x600)
86 KB
86 KB JPG
>>3215960
>there's also shots of the very real LX mirrorless camera
You mean this picture, which is obviously a mashup of different existing Pentax controls, has a wrong squashed Pentax logo, and even credits the guy who shooped it?
>>
File: .png (19 KB, 632x145)
19 KB
19 KB PNG
>>3215960
>>3215967
>very real
rumor got trashed by some commenter.
>>
>>3215970
>>3215967
Looks like a simple SolidEdge/whatever CAD mockup model to me, not photoshop. Early designs even use placeholder textures or in this case a texture from an older model.
Even though if the rumor is valid or not, time will tell. I'd like it to happen but seems too much like overenthusiastic fan speculation.
>>
>>3215976
>Product Design
>Copyright by Adam B.
just a shitty photoshop by some dumb fanboy. haven't you seen the millions of concept/renders for upcoming smartphones?
>>
File: 1254750862665.png (38 KB, 168x164)
38 KB
38 KB PNG
>>3215874
>>3215882
So let me get it straight.
The actual reason why Pentax is moving to mirrorless, is because the mirrorless will improve their autofocus?
>>
>>3215980
well they already have DP-PDAF so probably
>>
>>3215976
>>3215967

Ah, it is from an old PF post by Adam B. He acts as a moderator now but doesn't do much really. The latest thing I know he did was banning an old member who was in chemo treatment becaused he got into an argument with a troll about... chemo and cancer. A complete prick.
Yep, yet another hoax. BTW next week the Mars will be visible, it will be almost as big as the Moon.
>>
File: 1267313742034.png (13 KB, 247x248)
13 KB
13 KB PNG
>>3215981
>DP-PDAF is faster than dedicated DSLR AF
This is so fucked up on all sorts of levels, I don't even know where to start.
>>
>>3215960
A curved sensor camera needs a whole new lens system, and cannot rely on legacy lens adapters. Pentax is not nearly rich enough (or desperate enough) for that, so I don't even know why would anyone make that rumor up with Pentax in it.
>>
>>3215981
I can't find anything about Pentax having Dual Pixel AF. Aren't you confusing it with Pixel Shift?
>>
>>3215989
nvm i was going off what OP said. K70 only has hybrid AF with PDAF only used in video mode.
https://www.pentaxforums.com/reviews/pentax-k-70-review/focusing.html
>>
>>3215989
K-70 has a DPAF sensor. It is fast, much faster than the old CDAF only in liveview but not as fast as the dedicated PDAF sensor AF.
Source: tried one out
>>
>>3215993
PDAF =/= DPAF

"Dual Pixel AF" is proprietary Canon tech where every pixel on the sensor is split into 2 directionally sensitive ones.
>>
>>3214260
Pellix canon
>>
>>3215986
Pantax in a struggling division withing a struggling parent company so they probably want to save costs by going milc.
>>
i want a pentax 127 camera.
>>
>>3215647

>calling the a99ii an afterthought

lol no, that thing is a beast
>>
>>3216019
>no lenses
>>
>>3216024

A-mount has been around since the 80s, and is a complete mount.

No new lenses the last three years, but it doesn’t really have any holes either.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.