[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/p/ - Photography

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 73 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!

You know how this works
@streetorca
>Rate and h8
> Wil follow back if i like your feed
>>
File: zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.jpg (1.01 MB, 4200x4200)
1.01 MB
1.01 MB JPG
>>3241261
www.instagram.com/chosis7
www.chosis.com

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CC 2015 (Windows)
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution240 dpi
Vertical Resolution240 dpi
Image Created2017:12:24 18:50:54
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width4200
Image Height4200
>>
>>3241261
>streetorca
hot models but dude these are portraits why don't you have a shallower DoF??! come on you want the viewer to focus on the models eyes not on the background.

Also the whole multi-image in one post thing is what hoarders do. You pick the ONE best shot and show us. No we don't want to see all the crappy shots. pick the best pic and post it. Those multi-post scream of insecurity and inability to lead. Don't use multipost ever. Or story-post if you want to be taken seriously.
>>
Another one?

>>3241261
Seems overly filtered and it feels like you're going for ultra crushed blacks as a style but for me it doesn't work, and I'm on desktop, I imagine it's even more annoying on mobile. Many of them have too much clutter. Seems like you could get rid of half of them and have more to show for it.

>>3241278
Focus is off and a lot of them aren't very sharp but you have some ideas you're trying to get across. There's a huge variance in quality though, again, you can cut out your garbage shots and be much better for it. Seems like you have a specific genre you're going for and your audience is receptive, try to improve and keep going
>>
>>3241283
can you comment on the ones that suck (on IG) so i know where i can improve? i know i miss focus a lot.
>>
>>3241289
No, but at a quick scan most of your early street ones are worthless- a missed shot of a girl walking dogs, literally graffiti flat on a wall, etc
Perhaps it's a personal instagram and you're keeping your early stuff for nostalgia but if it's a photography account there's no value to any of it

Almost every street shot of people has soft focus or is out of focus. I use an a6000 and I think you are too? If so, invest in a 1.8 50 or something better for street stuff once you're a bit better
>>
>>3241293
i used to use a A6000. I upgraded to a A7R2 recently.
>>
>>3241281
not him, but
>muh bokeh is what makes good portraits
>Within Instagram's undeniable photographic prestige, the home of world-class photography, it's frowned upon to post photo series that are conceptually and visually redundant

nigguh, after all this time being exposed to all sorts of styles, how can you still be such a basic bitch? also, why is it so hard for you to get the internet and differentiate between platforms? How the hell did someone like you end up on 4chan
>>
>>3241303
>sorts of styles, how can you still be such a basic bitch?

i'm not even talking DoF to the extent there there is srs Bokeh broseph. I'm saying to use at least some DoF to isolate the subject from the noisy background. Like the one on the parknig garage...

it's clear he wanted to include the castle but he didn't shoot it tight enough to even get the castle in the background. it's like piece meal two seperate subjects which is not good. He needs to at least use some DoF

Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CC 2015 (Windows)
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Image Created2017:12:23 21:44:34
Image Width1080
Image Height1350
>>
>>3241309
field separation is adequate, framing is shite, although it's clear that he wanted a messy, unorthodox composition. Still, dof as a means of isolating the subject is fine there; composition is arguable.

Also,
>castle

Wew lad. Again, pick up a book every now and then. You'll find that your aesthetic sensibilities will evolve as you take in more culture. You'll also be able to make the distinction between the types of architecture that are associated with castles and those that are undeniably linked to churhes and cathedrals.
>>
https://www.instagram.com/sometimeperhaps/

R8 & H8
>>
File: 27-01-18#035.jpg (417 KB, 1000x667)
417 KB
417 KB JPG
https://www.instagram.com/wastingfilm/

>>
>>3241597
You got some topnotch streetshots
>>
Feel free to dm me dudes, always love to chat.

https://www.Instagram.com/Athalos_Photography
https://Athalos.live

>>3241261
I like some of your shots dude, some feel a little empty
>>3241319
Consistent looking aesthetic as a set, but individually not my style
>>3241597
Interesting perspective on life, I find your page interesting my dude
>>3241278
I'm torn, some shots I love, some I dislike, your feed feels disjointed but most of us are guilty of that, mostly good shit dude
>>
File: Capture.jpg (138 KB, 761x759)
138 KB
138 KB JPG
>>3241319
Quite love the light color, but somewhat a bit too bland for me.

>>3241597
Makes me wanna to try B&W again

>>3241617
Fellow traveller & Musician photog, gonna admit love your B&W cityscape

*https://www.instagram.com/poto_pot/

PhotographerVer
>>
File: unknown.png (856 KB, 907x585)
856 KB
856 KB PNG
https://www.instagram.com/vavnn/

editing 5-10 pictures into one
>>
>>3241745
Gotta join the conversation bro, don't just dump yours and leave, contribute
>>
File: omnidata.jpg (590 KB, 1000x1000)
590 KB
590 KB JPG
>>3241261
rated you before, same opinion, abstract building shots remain the best.
>>3241319
bland as celery but consistent colouring/editing.
>>3241597
prefer your contrasting sharp shadow street shots above all.
>>3241617
it's decent but a bit all over the place for IG (I'm no better) be more cohesive in terms of style.
>>3241620
woelfel vibes

https://www.instagram.com/omnidata/
>>
https://www.instagram.com/goskello/

Still new to this, as in one picture I like out of a whole day of shooting new.

>>3241261
Your street photography reminds me of the old Superman films for some reason. Comfy.

>>3241319
I like the photos of the buildings best, the wide angles do a fantastic job of conveying their sheer size.

>>3241597
Your style doesn't really jibe with me, I like what you're doing but it's sort of samey to me. You're doing well though so it's probably my taste.

>>3241617
Excellent concert photography and I love the cityscapes, although the many images of your friends sitting or standing around don't do much for me.

>>3241620
Extremely comfy colours and I like the consistency. Seems like you really put thought and care into what you do or don't upload.

>>3241745
Very experimental, keep at it and see where it ends up!

>>3241840
My first thought if you're really good at capturing the vibe of the subject of your photographs, I can almost smell the seaside. Your profile seems very personal yet consistent.
>>
https://instagram.com/beerandcamera

>>3241278
chosisgod

>>3241261
i don’t like orcas but i do like okras

Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width972
Image Height600
>>
>>3241620
Sick colours! Love the concert stuff!

https://www.instagram.com/myles_jp1/
Mainly a bunch of travel shit.
>>
This is my fun account, like 95% phone pics.
@street.dagger
https://www.instagram.com/street.dagger/
>>
>>3241319
I like your shit, I think your composition and eye for light compliment your final output. That aesthetic language is needed for the end result you were going for, so don't understand why everyone keeps calling it bland. Well, I do, plebs be plebbing, what are you going to do?
>>3241840
I like your eye for light as well, wish you used it more often. I would elbow you in the face until you munched on your nose cartilage for that young stalin sketch though (assuming you're one of the many members of this generation who glorifies murderers).
>>
>>3241948
ty
>>3242061
I just draw whatever people ask me, no glorification here.
>>
File: IG.jpg (114 KB, 624x799)
114 KB
114 KB JPG
https://www.instagram.com/ramen_rider/

oh, I love these threads!

PhotographerZach
>>
I wonder if /p/ changed and has become the pussy version of the /p/ I used to know, or if my photos got better.
Whenever I posted my shots in the past, they were described as "boring snapshots".

>>3241609
Thank you. Unfortunately, I don't know which of the previous accounts is yours.

>>3241617
>Interesting perspective on life
Thanks. Well, I'd say that every photo always reflects the perspective/view on life of the person who took it. There's no way around this.
I enjoyed most of your shots and it seems your feed is mostly a mixture of concert and travel photography. Regarding your street shots I only recommend getting closer at times. Don't fear these people, talk to them.

>>3241620
>Makes me wanna to try B&W again
What keeps you from doing so?
Enjoyed your night shots, but I recommend to handle the highlights more carefully.

>>3241840
>prefer your contrasting sharp shadow street shots above all.
After shooting that hunting event, I realized that I prefer a more documenting style rather than single, more or less random shots on the street.
Some of your shots are boring compared to others due to dull light. However, I know it's almost impossible to wait for better light especially when travelling. What I really liked is your "standard" Amsterdam bridge shot - the sky and the fact that you chose not to include the rail+bikes makes it.

>>3241948
>I like what you're doing but it's sort of samey to me.
True, I started to feel somewhat repetitive. That's why I experimented with flash and different focal length. I'm still considering getting a 28mm, as 21mm can sometimes be too wide, whereas 35mm seem to be too compressed at other times.
I'm sorry, but your feed is somewhat depressing. Mostly indoor shots and from the few shots it seems you only leave the house to walk the dogs. There's certainly more interesting stuff to shoot outside - look for it and think about how to get the best out of it.
>>
>>3241597
>>3242101
boring snapshits. Well, not really, just nor particularly well composed, nor do they display a sensibility for good/interesting light and/or narratives. Your hunting series clearly shows that when push comes to shove, you have an eye for telling stories through images, so just exercise that muscle more (have the 'I'm attending a special event' mindset in day to day life - that pressure will do you good. Also, think visually and compose mentally all the time).

How did you build up your instagram following? I don't have an account myself, but your output isn't particularly large, nor is it the kind of aesthetic that would normally appeal to the instagram masses. Nor is it stylistically coherent enough and pristine to tap into the street niche audience in such a way. Not trying to knock on your photographs, like I said, I genuinely like some and I think there's unexploited potential, just surprised at the reach of your profile, all things considered....
>>
File: 122017-#011.jpg (275 KB, 667x1000)
275 KB
275 KB JPG
>>3242105
You're certainly correct on the mindset issue, as well as the "compose" in your head before. I'm trying to do so, but oftentimes feel I have to push myself in order to get it right. Especially with the 21mm shots I always have to push myself to get closer, but also to quickly adapt to a changing situation. At the attached shot I had it all planned out, but then he moved and I had to reframe in order to match him into the buildings. All this while being about 20cm away from him. When I flashed him, I really expected some negative feedback, but nothing happened at all. Guess being so close leads to people not thinking that I actually took a shot of them, but something behind them. Still not a good shot.
>How did you build up your instagram following?
Mostly following/unfollowing and commenting. I'm a consultant and usually work on search result and landing page optimization. My employer recently offered me to work on a project with instagram (ads) and because of that, I check it at least 5 times a day. As I have to check my feed very often, I like and comment a lot whenever something catches my eye.
Regarding my output, I usually delete older shots, as I try to keep it at 36 posts (referring to the usual amount of frames on a roll of film). I also tag the shit out of newly uploaded stuff. After 1-2 days the shots went down far enough in the list at these tags and nobody cares about them anymore. At this point I delete the tags.

>>
File: Instagram.png (1.01 MB, 794x935)
1.01 MB
1.01 MB PNG
https://www.instagram.com/adamrifi.photography/

>>3241319
great stuff my man, reminds me of _nguan_
>>3241597
did you restart your account? anyways, good stuff, much more consistent than in the past
>>3241617
I like the topless chick. overall good shots but a bit more consistency would be nice
>>3241840
again, really nice shots, but random shots or videos of cameras should not be in there. In my opinion at least
>>
>>3242109
Thanks. I deleted flickr and instagram some time ago already. Started the new account because of that project I mentioned here >>3242108
>>
>>3242108
Noice mate, thanks for the insight. Keep at it, I'm sure you'll grow exponentially, you're already on the right track.
>>
File: pics.png (1.68 MB, 959x961)
1.68 MB
1.68 MB PNG
>>3242046
shit i didn't know screen cap was such low quality
>>
www.instagram.com/jkcrmr

>>3241840
You're great at composing

I'll rate more later. This shit is too hard on mobile.
>>
>>3241278
la creatura
>>
File: instagramfeed.jpg (1.68 MB, 1125x1834)
1.68 MB
1.68 MB JPG
https://www.instagram.com/taylor_vaughn94/

>>3241620
Lots of great shots and a good style. Love the shot of the girl in the CD store.

>>3241840
Following you already but still amazing work. The architectural shots remind me of a shot by Ezra Stoller.

>>3242039
Some great shots in there, I think consistency would help a lot. I liked the strings of blue pics and orange pics, great colors there.

>>3242109
You've got a good eye and great subjects, but I feel that some of the compositions could be better for example second pic in the third row.

>>3242214
I like your style a lot, I just wish it was more experimental I guess? Your picture set a great mood I guess I just would like to see more shots in the same vein besides the usual types of shots.

Horizontal Resolution216 dpi
Vertical Resolution216 dpi
Image Width1125
Image Height1834
>>
File: MFR136S01.jpg (292 KB, 1000x1000)
292 KB
292 KB JPG
>>3242500
>I like your style a lot, I just wish it was more experimental I guess? Your picture set a great mood I guess I just would like to see more shots in the same vein besides the usual types of shots.

Thanks for the feedback. I totally agree. I'm working on a few projects that some might consider to be a little more edgy/experimental (pic related). As yet I haven't posted any photos from them.

Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CC 2017 (Macintosh)
Image Width3500
Image Height4290
Number of Bits Per Component8, 8, 8
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image Created2018:02:15 14:01:13
Image Width1000
Image Height1000
>>
I'm >>3242214 - back to post some feedback. Pt. 1

>>3241278
>www.instagram.com/chosis7
I can see a definite improvement in your colour correction. The colour in some of your older posts appears flat on my calibrated monitor, but all of your most recent posts look fine. Some of your captions seem overly pretentious or complicated, which makes me think they were attributed to the photos after the fact. My favorite photo is of the tattooed, praying mans back. My least favorite is of the Lake Eerie Bicentennial tower - it doesn't fit at all. Just sees like a filler post.
>>3241261
>@streetorca
The crushed blacks look doesn't do it for me. I feel like it's a bit of a fad that's on its way out. I can definitely see competence in your photos, though. My favorite is the b/w of the train coming through a wooded area with the 2 little signs in the foreground.
>>3241319
>https://www.instagram.com/sometimeperhaps/
Your most recent post seems like an obvious @nguan pastiche, I like it. The colour balance appears a little off in some photos, not in an appealing way. Of your 12 most recent posts, the 12th is my least favorite. I really like the EXIT ONLY one.
>>3241597
>https://www.instagram.com/wastingfilm/
I'd like to see some more minimalist stuff like that barbed wire photo in your feed. That one colour photo from Rome is killer. Actually, I like almost all of your posts with the exception of a few photos of peoples backs. They appeared boring at first glance, but taking a look at the more minor details made me like them a lot more. Eg. I liked the photo of the man smoking/eating by the carousel a lot more after looking at the carousel detail and the kids looking at him.
>>3241617
>https://www.Instagram.com/Athalos_Photography
You can see that you've definitely improved over time. I would suggest that you go with a more consistent style of editing. Your subjects don't particularly interest me, but to each their own. A lot of people think my stuff is boring, too.
>>3241620
>>
File: Untitled.png (669 KB, 467x636)
669 KB
669 KB PNG
https://www.instagram.com/ninjamastor/
fairly new.
also a question about instagram. Why is it that I will gain followers (maybe 3-5 a day) but then lose a lot to the point where I gained no one overall or maybe gained one. are they just people baiting for follow backs? or are they flippant on adding and removing people?
>>
>>3242516 Pt.2

>>3241620
>https://www.instagram.com/poto_pot/
Your watermark is wholly unnecesary, especially on Instagram. The 3 most recent posts are strong, as a set. Lots of your compositions appear cluttered to me, I'd like to see more subject isolation.
>>3241745
>https://www.instagram.com/vavnn/
Doing your own thing. Good for you. Be careful when pulling down highlights, it creates a halo around your subjects which is super ugly to me. It's sign of ameteur editing skills more than anything else.
>>3241840
>https://www.instagram.com/omnidata/
I dislike your 6 most recent posts but like many that came before them - especially the minimalist cloud composition. Cool drawings of Cara, too.
>>3241948
>https://www.instagram.com/goskello/
Work on finding more interesting subjects. There's lots of cool shit to shoot in Scotland.
>>3241981
>https://instagram.com/beerandcamera
A bunch of really cool photos flanked by some stuff that I'm wondering why you even posted. Really nice colour. V cinematic.
>>3242039
>https://www.instagram.com/myles_jp1/
Love most of the Namibia stuff. Skylines are so played out, though. If you learn more to use light to your advantage, your photos will improve drastically. Dried out tree agains the Namibian dune is my favorite by far.
>>3242046
>https://www.instagram.com/street.dagger/
Consistent modern artsy vibe. Pretty cool. I'd have spent a whole roll on that PAIN headstone.
>>3242099
>https://www.instagram.com/ramen_rider/
Photos of your friends and stuff are probably only interesting to you. I'd suggest starting another account for photography and keeping that one for personal stuff.
>>3242109
>https://www.instagram.com/adamrifi.photography/
You could work more on consistency, although there's not really enough photos for me to judge that too harshly. That second most recent photo of the Malta sunset is quite nice. Would look good printed.
>>
>>3242523
Most random accounts that follow you are expecting to be followed back. Many people use apps to automatically ufollow people who don't follow them back after a certain time.
>>
>>3242530
Yeah, this. I find it's mostly a lot of meme pages, pet-centric pages, and local businesses that pull this tactic in my experience. Why I'd want to follow the Instagram of a local basic bitch restaurant I have no idea.
>>
File: latestpostig.png (1.87 MB, 957x951)
1.87 MB
1.87 MB PNG
Here's mine
> https://www.instagram.com/howl_of_dawn/
>>3241261
like it, im trying to do more everyday stuff vs my usual weeb conventions
>>3241620
i like your colors
>>3242099
muh weeb,
>>
>>3241261
https://www.instagram.com/downtowndeadbeat_/

used to be a basic vsco bitch but tryna move away from that and branch out a bit with my editing style
>>
>>3242550
Nice waifus
But a messy feed
Organize it
>>
>>3241261
https://www.instagram.com/naughtymysticproductions

It’s overcast in atl all week. I’ve been in a b&w kick lately. I’ve found that it takes a different eye than color photos. I’m loving these shots. What do y’all think?

Camera SoftwareInstagram
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Width2208
Image Height1242
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
File: bottom-right.png (1.6 MB, 1005x995)
1.6 MB
1.6 MB PNG
Trying to be helpful where I can

http://www.instagram.com/ThePunkyScotsman

>>3241319
Nice and bright and good colours for mobile. Processing/editing feels a bit flat but you have simple concepts in your photos and execute them well for the audience. Perhaps aim to get rid of the dominant greys, introduce more flowers and macro

>>3241597
I said it in another thread but your style and gear remind me of The Night of the Living Dead and old film in general

Normally I'd say your early stuff is bland and the contrast and blacks are too much for instagram but you have nearly 1k+ on your early shots so they're wasted words

>>3241620
You have a real City Life vibe going on and some great shots. I can see you're trying to incubate followers, some things I'd suggest-

Stop describing the contents of the photo and your gear in the tags, this isn't flickr.
Tag local bands, music accounts, city accounts etc instead. Those are your audience and target after all.
Get featured more, if you're specific to one city it's the quickest way to get known by locals and local insta accounts. It's literally as simple as taking a nice photo of some iconic/well known thing
Remove the pointless white borders and shoot/crop for it instead. It's instagram.

Some of your highlights are blown out too, but that's not a big deal and something I'm sure you're aware of

I'm giving you an essay because you're one of the better accounts on here, but you're making some weird choices. Good luck either way

>>3241840
I just came back from Amsterdam and have some of those exact same shots, it's frustrating to see them shot and edited better.

As with the other guy, I'd recommend avoiding all those gear tags. All you're picking up is more photographers
You also have a chaotic curation mix but it makes the feed feel personal and involved so y'know, do what you do
>>
>>3242637
Rate others if you want to be rated, fuckwit.
>>
>>3241948
Fellow Scot with an a6000, small world. Where're you at?

We can tell you're new because you're uploading anything that impressed you when you shot it. You'll look back on them in a couple months and think they're all garbage but they're still better than my first shots and most other peoples. You're isolating and cropping correctly which is something I was shit scared of while new

>>3242039
Some really interesting subjects and your account makes me want to travel and get my own shots of these places. It feels like these have all been improted from Flickr or somewhere else though, there's no real flow and curation, and the editing/processing seems minimal at best leaving it without punch.
If you care about growing on instagram then I'd also suggest getting featured and tagging your shots fully

>>3242109
You don't need my advice, these are beautiful
Maybe curate more consistently, match/group tones, etc

>>3242214
You know what your'e doing- you've settled on a niche and audience and whatever you're doing is working.
No idea why you're not tagging and why you're using white borders but you're getting big traffic from somewhere so what do I know
>>
>>3242654
>No idea why you're not tagging and why you're using white borders but you're getting big traffic from somewhere so what do I know
I use 30 tags on every post, but I hide them in the comments.
>>
>>3242637
Black and white pictures of cats is the purest form of photography

Equipment MakeNORITSU KOKI
Camera ModelQSS-32_33
Camera SoftwareQSS-32_33 8.01.001 2008.01.15
Image Width1545
Image Height1024
>>
>>3242651
Said the bitch who ain’t post shit.

If this thread is still alive when I come back I shall critique and more
>>
File: 09-14-02-18#014.jpg (188 KB, 1000x667)
188 KB
188 KB JPG
>>3242167
You're welcome. I'm working on it.

>>3242516
Thanks. I'm waiting for a foggy day to shoot bunkers and antitank barriers at the Maginot line in 6x9. So there's certainly some minimalist stuff to come. The Rome shot is a lucky accident.

>>3242650
Likes don't make a photo good to me. Don't get me wrong, it's nice that people like my stuff, but to me, this doesn't change my opinion on my own shots. As you wrote, some of these shots are very bland and I always try to replace shots that's aren't that good to me with new stuff that I like more.

Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS5.1 Windows
Image Width4447
Image Height2901
Pixel CompositionUnknown
Horizontal Resolution3200 dpi
Vertical Resolution3200 dpi
Image Created2018:02:14 19:05:26
Image Width1000
Image Height667
>>
>>3242516
it takes a lot of psychological energy to come up with witty narratives so i like to give my brain a rest and post filler posts 2/3 posts
>>
>>3242654
Based in Perth, Scotland m8.

I definitely hear what you're saying, sometimes I upload something, sleep on it, and realise it was shit in the morning. I uploaded a picture of a shed then realised 20 minutes later it was a horrible photograph. At least with Instagram I feel some pressure to go out and take more photos, which is good.
>>
>>3241261
>www.instagram.com/chosis7
I like that the newer the pictures, the more improvement can be seen
the feed looks aesthetically pleasing because it looks well organized, especially the top
keep it up

>>3241319
>https://www.instagram.com/sometimeperhaps/
some really nice pastel shots

>>3241745
>https://www.instagram.com/vavnn/
this editing makes me uneasy

>>3241840
>https://www.instagram.com/omnidata/
very nice and comfortable pictures, but why the drawings?

>>3242046
>https://www.instagram.com/street.dagger/
nice NICKNAME
and I really like theconsistency

>>3242109
a bit too much of everything, even if the shots alone are not bad, but they seem like stock shots from a tourist catalogue
lake bled sunrise is wow though

>>3242523
love the colours

>>3242550
love the lights and pastel colours
>>
File: IMG_20180215_225853_695.jpg (396 KB, 1080x1702)
396 KB
396 KB JPG
>>3242852
Http://instagram.com/gorloj

>>
>>3242618
yeah its messy since i post people at conventions a lot. then i try to do image sets for separate shoots. i even tried separating the accounts based on content but had very little gaining traction on both accounts because i can't dedicate all my time to shooting and posting only.
>>3242854
i like your consistency
>>
>>3242637
Same guy

I’m gonna rate but not too critically cause I’m not sure how to help u but I can tell I what I like

>>3241261
I like the concepts and aesthetics. They seem a bit candid though.

>>3241319
Solid photos but nothing that wows me. I just took a picture of similar bike lock racks this week in b&w. I like the composition of these.

>>3241597
Got some cool ones here. I like the trippy one in Rome 2016. Good composition and lines

>>3241617
>gained a new follower
Most are great. Your personality seems to come through the photos. Those shots in New York are great

>>3241620
Those concert shots are fucking amazing. They really capture the energy of the show

>>3241745
>eyegasm
These are trippy af. How is this done? Photoshop?

>>3241840
I like the snow ones

>>3241981
I like what u do with light and your models.

Will post more later
>>
>>3242654
Hey thanks for the feedback! What do you mean by getting featured and tagging stuff properly?
>>
>>3242979
>I like what u do with light and your models.
thanks m8, appreciate it.
>>
https://www.instagram.com/atenhaus/

Image Width935
Image Height1258
>>
>>3242852
>but they seem like stock shots from a tourist catalogue

oh hey thanks! I'm actually aiming to hopefully commercialize my photography at some point so this is actually great!
>>
File: 1461395703267.gif (422 KB, 512x512)
422 KB
422 KB GIF
>need a facebook account to make your profile a business one
Jesus christ, (((Zuckerburg))) really wants you to be part of his botnet even more, huh?
>>
>>3242850
>I upload something, sleep on it, and realise it was shit in the morning
I still do that, I suspect everyone does. I also review my old stuff every couple months and find gems I thought were shit at the time
That stays with you but swings both ways

>>3243017
>What do you mean by getting featured and tagging stuff properly?
Most cities have several accounts that do nothing but share other peoples photos from around the city. Similarly, most bands/businesses with an instagram presence will share good photos of their stuff on their accounts. It's a great way to make connections, get known locally, get more views/hits and reach a wider audience
As for tagging, most of yours are gear based and worthless for picking up followers other than the odd photographer specifically browsing #35mmfilm for example
Figure out who your audience is and use the tags they follow
My rule of thumb is 33% location & content based tags, 33% potential feature tags, 33% popular/mainstream tags
>>
>>3242637
Posting again cause I really want some feed back

>>3242650
I like the crystal ball and light painting. The fruit market one tripped me out. Nice. I like most stuff after all the food pics, especially the architecture shots.

>>3243055
I don’t really know what you’re going for. Too many shots of your camera

I think that’s everyone. I learned a bit from this thread.

Here’s my approach to Instagram.

>posting a few everyday to stay relevant
>using tags to connect with local artists
>comment instead of like
>reaching out to artists I wanna collab with
>very selective with what I post
>>
>>3243110
>I like the crystal ball and light painting. The fruit market one tripped me out. Nice. I like most stuff after all the food pics, especially the architecture shots.
I have a fruit market photo?
Thanks. I hate all the old stuff because it's garbage, including most of the food photos. I started as a personal account and didn't go out shooting until, like you figured, after the food stuff

>posting a few everyday to stay relevant
Once or twice a day is optimal but there's no drop off until posting less than every 3 days in my experience
>comment instead of like
Definitely. If you understand that instagram favours interaction and both facebook/instagram businesses and thus algorithms depend on views/comments/time spent, then it's simple to get higher up on both- simply get more people to view and interact with your stuff for longer. Comments, stories, questions, etc.
>very selective with what I post
Something I struggle with but one of the most important for sure
>>
>>3243120
>fruit market
It’s a street shot with these two girls walking but it’s reflected to look like four

>being selective
It is really challenging. I’m thinking of doing another profile so i can post more of the “throwaway” shots and memes. While I don’t think they’re really throwaway, I understand the need to choose.

Thanks for responding
>>
https://www.instagram.com/elleedmunds

i'll rate and hate asap.
>>
>>3241261
www.instagram.com/ideasthetic/
>>
>>3243334
I CANNOT COMMENT BECAUSE I HATE CHINA
>>
File: 84gix-aQQoWPTd1ZpUTC6g.png (947 KB, 843x552)
947 KB
947 KB PNG
@tet.berliner none are mine tho
https://www.instagram.com/tet.berliner/
>>
>>3243141
I bet you won't.
>>
File: insta.png (2.79 MB, 855x1606)
2.79 MB
2.79 MB PNG
https://www.instagram.com/matbaldz/

>>3243334
>@ideasthetic
I dig the tones on the great wall photos, but I'm not a fan of the HDR/saturation on the more recent photos.

>>3243141
>@elleedmunds
Challenge yourself to take photos of other people and learn how to pose them (people's backs don't count). Again, I'm not a fan of artificial HDR, especially with the sky on photo #3 which looks way overprocessed. Cool tones tho.

>>3243055
>@atenhaus
Photo #8 and #10 are my favorites. I've been to Seattle only once, in the summer, but your feed makes it look comfy af right now. Interesting subjects aside, almost all of your photos have too much negative space and it really throws off the composition for me. Every photo except for #07 would look better in my opinion if you got up closer to the subject, cropped, or zoomed more. Photo #08 would look better as 1x1 or 6x7.

>>3242854
>@gorloj
My autism gets triggered when there's tons of different aspect ratios in gallery view, but I don't have any real criticism for your individual photos. Nice feed.
>>
www.instagram.com/zabreklz

b/w street
>>
File: ciyenz.jpg (107 KB, 830x830)
107 KB
107 KB JPG
www.instagram.com/squilliamriceingsun
>>
instagram.com/cesfhiil
street boi.
>>
>>3243493
>>3243381
>>3243380
>>3243363
>>3243141
>>3243055
You're all shit photographers and selfish cunts.
>>
>>3241261
N E D E R L A N D
>>
>>3241840
I've literally been staring at those pics for a while now, they're just gorgeous.
>>
>>3243526
It's always the same accounts hit and run promoting themselves too. That squilliamriceingsun guy has been at it for over a year it feels like. Never given any critiques, just spammed his crappy photos.
>>
>>3243369
>Challenge yourself to take photos of other people and learn how to pose them (people's backs don't count). Again, I'm not a fan of artificial HDR, especially with the sky on photo #3 which looks way overprocessed. Cool tones tho.

Definitely, I agree. That's something I regret about the image, it creates distance. The HDR style is wearing off it seems. I'm currently trying to emphasize shadows and desaturate my images. Gives them a nice candid/personal, warm feel IMO.

It's obvious that people are comfortable getting their photo taken by you, so they're not too professional-looking because of that which is nice. You've captured the relationships between people effortlessly too, action shots etc.

The composition of the 'fixer upper' frames your subject perfectly, the sunrise shot is wonderful also :)

>>3242854
Nice shots, the grungy filters mix well and your chosen depth of field makes it look all atmospheric.

>>3241261
Love the building shots and division between different scenes on your feed, easy on the eye.

>>3242523
serene, followed! the winding road has a nice contrast to the softened snow, trees and sky. it'd be nice to see something from an angle even closer to the water.
>>
>>3241261
Photos are nice but you got to be careful with some placement of the images.
>>3241278
Your photos are quite bad. It's like you take a snap shot and don't work the scene.
>>3241319
Not bad pics. nice blog.
>>3241597
Most of these pictures are not really composed well. But you do have potential.
>>3241617
Needs some consistency with your work. Newer pics aren't bad but most are just snapshits.
>>3241620
Nice event photos. But I think you are over using the Dutch angle.
>>3241745
Interesting concept. However the execution falls flat from any real meaning.
>>3241840
You probably need to split your photos sketches over to a new ig. Dig the architecture photos.
>>3241981
keep up the work.
>>3242039
>clichéd tourist snaps, sometimes ok.
>>3242046
k. Do you really want a crit?
>>3242099
Weeaboo. Seriously, work on posing your models.
>>3242109
Yawn.
>>3242214
Nice I really like it.
>>3242523
Next.
>>3242523
Boring snaps. Read more books.
>>3242550
I don't like cosplay photos. Most of the time I see bad and uncomfortable poses with hack lighting. Work on both of these.
>>3242555
A E S T H E T I C is killing your feed. And not in the good way.
>>
>>3242637
Trash.
>>3242650
Snapshits.
>>3242854
Ok snapshits but I am not a fan.
>>3243055
Good comp but with your night shots do you use a colour correct filter because the street lights make me want to puke.
>>3243141
skip
>>3243334
退出外國人。 你的照片很無聊。
>>3243363
You're going to get sued.
>>3243369
Get gud or leave.
>>3243380
Nice. Not quite sure about "real" photos, ig is solid.
>>3243381
Photos are shit.
>>3243493
Not bad, liking the lomo tones.
>>
https://www.instagram.com/becerrril/

architecture, travel

cc appreciated.
>>
>>3243746
>1000+ followers already
>no critiques given to other people in the thread
no dice, Paco.
>>
it sucks
https://www.instagram.com/makowei/
>>
>>3243829
Then why post
>>
What's with new /P/? You faggots
Jerking off each other's ig. Most of you fags are so shit that the only way to improve is to kill yourself.
>>
>>3243867
I only do it for accountability, otherwise I let my photos sit on my hard drive where no one will ever see them but me. It forces me to go out and upload something at least once a week.
>>
File: Untitled.png (946 KB, 754x792)
946 KB
946 KB PNG
https://www.instagram.com/daniel_severa/
Trying to post more often but I still don't have a consistent style that I follow.

>>3241319
Great colours

>>3242214
Love the warm colours and the wide open feel of your pics
>>
https://www.instagram.com/onlysnaps/

>>3243879
Nice winter vibe
>>3243493
Some of your shots are boring but I like how each row tells the same story
>>3243381
I love that photo of the girl walking the crosswalk.
>>3243380
I dislike alot of bnw photos
>>3243369
Pretty consistent colour scheme (blues n purples) some of your shots are sick dude. That photo of the two hugging is something I could see on time. You should really start using hashtags though.
>>3243363
Why don't you give credit to the artists lol.
>>3243141
Nice earth tones. I liked what photos I think are the best.
>>3243055
Remove that random photo of your camera and maybe try to take more interesting shots (like the one with the two pyramids)
>>3242854
Same thing as I said to some anon above, your photos have an earthy feel for me, which I dig. I liked the photos that I thought were the best
>>3242650
Wicked colours and overall nice feel. I liked scrolling through your page, liked a bunch and followed (y)
>>
I tried searching the 4plebs dot org archive for a.particular instagram thread but apparently that archive doesn't have posts for /p/

Does anyone remember anon made an instagram help thread maybe a month and a half ago? Iirc he laid out tips for beginners, it was a long read that civered everything from how to use hashtags and other features to your benefit.
If anyone has a lead or link to the guides in that thread pls post it.
>>
>>3244069
Really hoping someone has it. I could use that as well
>>
File: Untitled1.png (572 KB, 550x544)
572 KB
572 KB PNG
https://www.instagram.com/lithaear/

Mostly nature and stuff. I will follow people with similar posts.
>>
File: regalcrop.jpg (803 KB, 1000x1000)
803 KB
803 KB JPG
i have aesthetics add

https://www.instagram.com/microsoftpowerpoint2003/

Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS 5D Mark II
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS6 (Macintosh)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/1.8
Image Width3600
Image Height5400
Number of Bits Per Component8, 8, 8
Compression SchemeUncompressed
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image Data ArrangementChunky Format
Image Created2018:02:18 16:50:08
Exposure Time1/50 sec
F-Numberf/3.5
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating400
Lens Aperturef/3.5
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModeCenter Weighted Average
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length50.00 mm
Image Width1000
Image Height1000
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceManual
>>
www.instagram.com/uberdupers
>>
>>3243604
>>3243608
I’m dying to see your photos anon. They must be epic
>>
>>3244672
>Implying you haven't seen them already.
>>
>>3244685
I sincerely don’t know where the pictures are. Seriously who is this guy? They seem to have a very good grasp on what makes a good photo. They say my photos are trash. Why are they trash?

This is me>>3242637

I’m interested in improving my photos. That’s why I’m posting in this thread

Do u have anything useful to add or do u wanna show everyone how cool u are?
>>
>>3244697
• Expect to be judged harshly. Learn to deal with it.

Anyway to elaborate on why I think your IG is currently trash. Simply I think your pictures are poorly composed/graded. The only "good pictures are the Nigger space program, foggy skyscape (which is not centred, fight me) and black and white road. Sure I don't think should loose points over IG layout. But there is no consistency with the subject matter, just random snapshits. If you wanted to be taken seriously as a photographer in the future. Then Take more pictures by working the subject. Read more books, study colour theory and go to galleys.

also >>3243526
Stop forcing circle jerking onto /p/ not everyone needs to crit with a trip/namefag. This is 4chan not Reddit.
>>
I've been shooting a bit over a month now, when do I become good bros? Do I keep on bokeh whoring? Do I just grab some VSCO presets?
>>
>>3244767
See? That wasn’t so hard. Saying it’s trash mean nothing. You explaining it does. I don’t mind being criticized harshly

Thanks anon.

Photography has been a hobby for while but that was a point and shoot stuff. No thought towards composition. Everything on my instagram is from the last month in which I haven been taking much more seriously. Investing in a dslr later this year. Working towards that first 10000 photos goal.

I don’t agree with the need to have a consistent subject matter. I’m still trying things out. Teaching myself and accepting criticism. The fact that a few caught your eye means there’s something there.

And I would still like to see what your pics look like. If u dare

Why did u go out of your way to say nigger? It’s really pathetic. It’s clearly the African Space Program
>>
>>3244773
Nah nigga FOH with that bullshiet. It's the nigger space project now.
>>
>>3244481
gud stuff
>>
>>3244493
>>
>>3244774
I guess calling u a stupid fuck would be to obvious right?

If u hate black people so much, why’re u talking like them?
>>
>>3243604
>I don't like cosplay photos. Most of the time I see bad and uncomfortable poses with hack lighting. Work on both of these
thanks definitely gotta pose people better since not all cosplayers /model/
as for hack lighting care to elaborate. is it my backlighting or the flash use?
>>3242852
>love the lights and pastel colours
thank you, i try to keep the colors pleasant.
>>
>>3244776
ty was considering just having a photo devoted gram
>>
>>3245198
You racist mother fucker do black people talk a certain way?!?!?!
You whiteys think you can just say anything and get away with it, huh?
>>
>>3245281
Not white. But yes black people do speak a certain way. Just like anons speak a certain way. Black people speak differently around each other than when they are around other races. Just like I’m sure u speak differently around different groups of people.

The “FOH” is popular in NY. “Fuck outta here B” is straight up NY speech. It was popularized amongst by NY niggas

You’d should know this since you’re such an expert in culture and racism.
>>
>>3245216
And >>324209 listen up
This and many other natural light shots.
スカート is not bad. Your studio lighting is safe. But for natural lights try finding a better location or use my trick of getting the subject to close their eyes and snap them just as they open to squint. My other tip is to carry a speed light just in case of fill. For posting try just to direct a action you want to take. I fine this a lot more natural for posting and wait for it >fun.
>>
I just take photos with my phone so I don't think they are good enough for this thread.

Really love those profiles tho
>>3244099
>>3242854
>>3242650
>>3241840
>>3241319
>>
https://www.instagram.com/mattsrw/

:)
>>
www.instagram.com/agutinmartinez
>>
https://www.instagram.com/starburstsphotography/

Still trying to find my style, pointers and tips much appreciated

CommentScreenshot
Image Width1536
Image Height1536
>>
>>3245996
Lrn2postprocess
You have some interesting models, but the apparent lack of nice pp makes the pictures look like straight from camera, too colorful snapshits and they could be saved in a few seconds with some nice PRESET or something
>>
>>3245678
I really love the pictures of the trees
Promising feed
Rate others though instead of just writing an emoticon
>>
>>3244493
When
>>
https://www.instagram.com/antonio.james/

I'm new at this and I really like it, I'm still looking for a style. Also, I use my phone's camera.

Any advice is welcome.
>>
https://www.instagram.com/hansi.brahimasi/

Been shooting film for the last year. If anybody wants to follow, just DM me that youre from this thread so I can follow you back. Criticism is welcomed.
>>
File: ig-grid-forechan.jpg (165 KB, 942x966)
165 KB
165 KB JPG
https://www.instagram.com/kodak.shak/

>>3246550
Too underexposed maybe? And mostly doesn't seem like it's deliberate . Really like the shot of the couple under the overpass but why the skinny letterbox bars?

>>3246209
Some cool shots, keep playing with the reflections and experimenting

>>3244481
Yoooooo i like it! Keep shooting portraits, I feel like you have potential there. Also fuckin with the candid film shots. Followed
>>
>>3246550
Disregard my previous comment about the letterbox bars lol my bad i'm gone off a ambien rn
>>
>>3246554
I've used an old Zenit which was really a pain in the ass to use but I kinda like them. I've just upgraded to a Minolta now so hopefully the results are better. Anyway thanks for being honest.
>>
>>3244069
>>3244072

Bumping does anyone know the thread? Instabro, are you lurking here? Pls respond

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.