[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Settings Home
/p/ - Photography

4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 4 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

RIP Stephen Hawking 1942-2018 🙏

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!

File: 2000px-Pentax_Logo.svg.png (57 KB, 1000x1018)
57 KB
If Ricoh had taken over Pentax around the time Sony took over Minolta, would they have stood a better shot?
I kind of feel that Pentax was too far gone by the time Ricoh stepped in, where Sony took over Minolta at a time when there was still a lot of R&D to do, and killed it when mirrorless came along.

Is there a future for Pentax or Ricoh outside photocopiers?
File: .jpg (163 KB, 1024x841)
163 KB
163 KB JPG
Give the GR a tilt screen and RX100-style pop-up EVF and i'll buy one. I remember the K1 was hyped up to have a huge OVF because of the hump design (like A900) but that ended up being nothing. The LCD mechanism is interesting I guess. So far it looks like most of new FF Pentax glass is just rebranded Tamrons so nothing interesting there either. They could probably keep going with cheap digital MF but even that segment is getting competition now.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:

a-mount was a more well developed mount, and Minolta had a hardcore user base in Japan. Even so, Sony’s camera division did little more than exist outside of Japan until Sony stole the mirrorless show with e-mount. Pentax never had either of these things, so they had no real chance.

With the continual lay-offs, lack of releases, and poor decisions, Pentax doesn’t have long left.
Pentax as a brand is much more of a burden than a value by now. Ricoh should just bury it in the backyard and forget.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.