[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/p/ - Photography

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 7 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

Redpill me on this boi
Is this still a decent camera in 2018? Cons, pros?

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width2500
Image Height2500
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
>>3308942
video camera?
sure.
still?
a73
>>
would buy if had no camera. also, get in the gear thread.
>>
File: IMG_20180522_144756_577.jpg (102 KB, 1280x720)
102 KB
102 KB JPG
Copied my reply from another tread.
For low budget, get GH4 and a Chinese speedbooster with m42 lenses. Here is a frame grab from my video filmed on GH4, hd 60 fps with 16mm rokinon cinema lens. If you're really going to make a film, you hopefully will use some kind of lighting and low light won't be so important. And you also won't film wildlife at the night time with A7S 64000 iso. Also, in my personal experience working with GH4 is much easier, menu's are nicer and battery life is great.
>>
Also, do not buy V-Log if you are not using external 10bit recorder with GH4. V-Log recorder externally produces ugly purple macroblocking in shadows and isn't giving you better picture in my testing experience.
>>
>>3309084
Wow that looks pretty nice kind anon. Not OP but I’m also looking into getting a used GH4 and the only downside is the infamous low light performance since I enjoy filming at late dusk and night. I was also looking at a used A7s just for this purpose but it’s way more expensive and decent Sony lenses are usually wallet crushers. I mean I could get a GH4 with a fast lense and a speedbooster but then again speedboosters aren’t cheap either.
>>
>>3309176
That's why I suggest cheap Pixco speedbooster for m42. I've just got one myself a couple weeks ago, and let me tell you it works just you would expect, but for a hundred bucks. Also, I've tried neat video denoiser with that clip above and results are crazy good. I'll try to find it and will post.
>>
File: denoise.png (600 KB, 812x636)
600 KB
600 KB PNG
Crop with denoise applied
>>
File: original.png (644 KB, 902x533)
644 KB
644 KB PNG
Original video crop
>>
>>3309234

Thanks for the info, kind anon! I'll confess and say I'm rather new to the whole speed booster's and crossing lenses. I've only used Canon EOS 60D with three Canon lenses. I'm aware that I can't use these lenses on the Panasonic GH4 without an adapter or a speed booster. So, I just kindly ask what speed booster would I have to use to mount my Canon EF and EFs lenses?
>>
>>3309308
For the EF, I guess you would need an actual metabones adapter, because EF lenses don't have a manual aperture ring and you will need an adapter with electronic confirmation chip for them to work. I havent tried it, but there is a Chinese EF adapter which had some good reviews(lens turbo smth, can't remember).
>>
>>3309308
Also, if you don't know what's the difference between a speed booster and a dumb adapter: a speed booster changes GH4 sensor crop from 2x to something like 1.75x so making it close to an aps-c sensor. It also allows more light to get through the lens, thus raising your aperture by one stop.
>>
>>3309330

So, I guess I could get an adapter for my Canon lenses but will not get a better light performance without a speed booster.

Also this maybe off topic to the low light discussion, but how do you find GH4 at still photography?
>>
>>3309360
It's ok for photography I guess, but it really is more suited for video. I don't use the photo mode a lot, except for timelapses, so can't really tell much .
>>
>>3309335
>a speed booster changes GH4 sensor crop from 2x to something like 1.75x so making it close to an aps-c sensor.
what do you mean exactly because that doesn't sound right at all? a 25mm lens on a m43 sensor is still going to look like 50mm regardless of a speedbooster
>>
>>3309236
what software did you use?
>>
>>3310019
>>3310019
Speedbooster is changing the crop ratio.
So with a m4/3 crop of 2x 25 would be 50mm
with 1.75 it would be different too

From Metabones Speedbooster website - Mounted between a mirrorless camera and a SLR lens, Speed Booster® increases maximum aperture (hence its name), increases MTF and makes lens wider.
>>
>>3310039
https://www.neatvideo.com/

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.