[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/po/ - Papercraft & Origami

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Additional supported file types are: PDF
  • There are 16 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

The 4chan Vtuber Competition is over. Click here to see the winning entry!

File: laborobot3.jpg (59 KB, 960x720)
59 KB
59 KB JPG
I made a template for the in-game robot for the new Nintendo Labo game.
>>
File: laborobot.pdf (108 KB, PDF)
108 KB
108 KB PDF
Sorry for the un-annotated template. I tried placing the parts on the pages in an order that would help determine what goes where, but then had to ruin it by playing parts tetris to get everything to fit. I'll make instructions sometime later if I get the chance.
>>
File: laborobot2.jpg (69 KB, 960x720)
69 KB
69 KB JPG
>>
File: laborobot1.jpg (172 KB, 1440x1080)
172 KB
172 KB JPG
You can build it in a couple of different poses by gluing the joints in at various facets. The ankle joints are cut at an angle so you can rotate them to get the feet flat on the ground regardless of pose.
>>
top job. how did you design it?
>>
>>564229
Coreldraw and basic geometry. Node-to-node locking and rotation allows you to cheat some of the math. The key is to get a consistent front, top and side view of the object you are going to create and then manually generate the resultant facet data of each component from that.
>>
>>564225
This is great! I love how you've done the hands. Figured I'd share my design of the robo, but it's a lot simpler than your own.
>>
that's damn good. i'm tempted to see if i can modify it so that it transforms into vehicle mode.
>>
how close is to the original? would scale and cosplay the robot
>>
>>564258
I tried using as much photo reference as I could get, which was odd because there's surprisingly little available online. You'd have to significantly alter the proportions to get it wearable, but I think it would be do-able. The joints in particular I kind of phoned it in in order to get them as simple as possible while still allowing for different poses in the build. Definitely send me photos if you manage to get the template working as a costume. I'd love to see it
>>
This is crazy impressive dude, I need to get my printer running but damn I should give this a shot
>>
>>564236
cute, would it be possible to have a copy of this please?
>>
>>564236
cute
>>
>>564574
It's on the NintendoForce site, or at least it was, I haven't checked in a while.

You can find out more about the project here : http://folduptoys.com/portfolio/nintendo-force-labo-robot/
>>
>>565628
It's no longer up, could you repost it here or your site?
>>
>>565718
I can't really link directly to it because it's client based work. But I know it's still on the NF site for a fact.
>>
I'm gone from /po/ for a couple months and return for 2 of papercrafts heavy hitters dropping hits. Christmas already?
Both these models are suh-wheetness!!!
>>
>>564225
Are there templates for this specific model?
>>
>>567286
see>>564226
Unless you're asking for instructions, then you're out of luck because Jim doesn't normally include them
>>
>>564225

sorry to hyjack but this doesn't seem worth it's own thread bumping something off

nintendo posted templates for replacement labo parts but provided no scale. I know they're much bigger than standard printer paper but does anybody know what I'd use, or have a converted a4 printable version of the template sheets that when pieced together come out to the proper size?
>>
>>567491
forgot the link
https://www.nintendo.co.jp/labo/parts/
>>
>>567491
>>567492
Should've just made the thread. Do you really think yours is undeserving when there's countless pol shitposts bumping shit off and 3 tranny shill threads up anyway?
>>
>>569262
Hey, it's this guy again! How you been?
>>
>>569266
No, it's not this guy again. I have quit worrying about the crap that gets posted in here, because it doesn't do any good to say anything anyway.
There are other people that don't like a lot of the stuff that gets posted in here besides me.
>>
>>569278
Well, it's good to see that you're still doing fine! It's nice having someone looking out for our best interests. Keep up the good work!

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.