[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k] [s4s] [vip] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: Mike Rowe.jpg (217 KB, 2048x1051)
217 KB
217 KB JPG
Is this a plot to make young men pussies? I mean I went to college but only for the tits, the ass, any the pussy, oh and football is cool too. I am a tradesmen and I think that's way more manly than being some stupid office drone writing E=MC-Queered in some office. I mean seriously trades is the most American profession besides professional football, why is it not encouraged more?
>>
>>144418938
We start slowly the depussification of the West - it's slow but at least we have stopped it and reversed it.
>>
File: inbredarabs.jpg (138 KB, 728x546)
138 KB
138 KB JPG
>>144419047
>>
Trades suck. Yeah its better than majoring in something useless, but other than that its for people with zero options in life. I know guys who work in trades they're all miserable.
>>
/pol/ told me I'm not allowed to join the trades because I'm nonwhite
>inbefore the "pole isnt 1 person" meeme
>>
men in trades are cucked by people who do less work for more money and are often dumber despite going to college
>>
>>144418938

>men do trade
>too many in trade that there isn't enough work to go around
>no one is in IT
>men start going for that because it pays well
>too many in IT and wages drop
>no one in trades

Rinse and repeat.
>>
>>144418938
Because mass immigration killed the trades unless you're born into a union gig.
>>
Here in Canada I work for my dad doing masonry work mostly. Repairing historic and government owned buildings, along with a few regular subcontracted jobs.

The guy makes 450,000 a year minimum, with me and my brother working for him making 30 an hour. There is huge money to be made in the trades. On par with doctors and lawyers.
>>
File: 1462223596497.jpg (48 KB, 253x229)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
>>144418938
Working in general is for plebs and cucks
>>
>>144419047
stop
>>
Daily reminder that Mike Rowe has a degree in fucking Communications Studies.
>>
File: 48787587685.jpg (41 KB, 499x499)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
>>144419539
my nigga
>>
>>144418938
but anon, aren't unions COMMUNISM?
>>
>>144419415
yea but the thing is, the money in trades is all nepotism now a days. boomers who made businesses and gave it off to their sons and grandkids. you cant show up and get a job that wont kick you out for a brown skin slackjawed pedro clone 2000 and expect to make enough to pay the bills, and have luxury afterwards.
>>
>>144418938
shilled by a guy that has never worked a real day of work in his life.
>>
>>144418938
>why don’t men go into jobs that require physical labor and don’t pay well
>why do men keep getting office jobs where they don’t go home sore and tired but get paid well
play stupid games win stupid prizes.
>>
>>144418938
Trades are far better OP, you learn a skill that pays very well and you can pay off your education unlike the "superior" degree kids.
>>
>>144419093
It depends what your friends are doing. Are they working for someone else, because if they are they aren't fully utilizing having a trade. The idea is to get your trade, get a few years experience and build your tools, then get a van and go alone and not deal with other peoples bullshit for up to 10 hours a day. I work for myself and you couldn't pay me enough to go work for some other man and make them money, all the while listening to some faggot talk about their life all day.
>>
working class virtue signalling aside, there aren't a lot of tangible benefits to going into a trade rather than the office, unless it's something you really enjoy. you only make a lot of money if you're a part of the local "old boys club" of tradesman, and it's usually just as difficult to get a good trade job as it is a good office job, as far as having the right connections and qualifications go

and besides, the better technology gets the less jobs there are in a lot of these fields, and whatever job can't be automated or partially automated is going to be given to a Mexican, paid under the table for half as much as you would be paid. there just isn't much of a future in trades unless your dad owns a subcontracting company
>>
File: figure1.png (154 KB, 884x816)
154 KB
154 KB PNG
>>144418938
money is the only thing made in America anymore
>>
>>144419397
>Rinse and repeat.
In the USA we are at the breaking point. We need tradesmen. I am a trained and certified pipefitter/plumber/hvac guy. The money is ABSURD. Sure I get dirty, and I don't drink semen flavored coffee all day. I eat pbj sandwiches for lunch because It is simple. My total package is over $80/hour. This includes a pension and annuity. Its bonkers. Young people that want to try it have no concept of hard work. I love beating apprentices.
>>
>>144418938
The reason is that kids are told not to consider trades because it's "beneath them". People in trades earn way more money than those in the scientific fields, also when you start off young, you can create your own business and earn way more by the time a medical profession gets out of school. I actually think it's best for kids to go to trade school and get a quick job early in life. That way you can get some bank and if you discover you want to do something else, you'll have the money to afford it.
>>
Do you guys know about getting into a trade school? I'm thinking about going into one after high school but i'm a little lost.
>>
>>144419539
>>144419664
t. hiding your crippling depression from living in a basement
>>
My dream job was being a Cop, but the thought of getting shot at, getting sued by dinddus, getting charged by liberal judges, getting smoked by the liberal media, shit pay....and the fucking 8 year assault on law enforcement by Obama.... God bless these men and women who still want to do this shitty job!
>>
>>144420577
Maybe it's different in the US but in the UK you can pick up trade jobs pretty easily. If you went through a proper apprenticeship scheme then you will get work when qualified very easily.
And no future in trades? Do you think people are going to invest millions in making a robot that can fit a kitchen, or some robot turns up at your door and fits your bathroom or hangs some wallpaper? That's a pretty ridiculous notion. If robots are going to be used to anything it's IT related because they out think us by a huge margin.
>>
>>144418938
>implying trades would make a difference
t. studied for a trade I don't work in, just like the majority of people who do so.
>>
>>144418938
I really wish I had gone into a trade instead of being pushed into a shitty retail job then being kicked out at 18 with bad spending habits and no concept of planning for the future.
>>
>>144419855
It's always fucking something. Every job, every profession has a catch dude. I know of a few engineers working on projects 6 days a week away from family. I work 5 days a week with my mechanic teacher, if you will, get the weekends off and get to go home to my wife and kid every night. I majored in business admin. but couldn't deal with the modern ((business world)) did learn some shit though. Hope to one day set up my own shop. It's far down the road but it motivates me.
>>
>>144420665
The only difference between a doctor and a mechanic is the medium in which they work.
>>
>>144419539
How are you even posting here then, and more importantly: not starving and homeless?
>>
>>144420739
Get onto a proper apprenticeship. Go to your local college and ask them about courses, then from there you find an employer either through the college, because they have a certain amount of apprentices each year to certain companies, or you just ring around every tradesman in your city and ask if they have work for you, and obviously explain your young and going to college but looking to get into a trade. Trades people need young and keen people, and if you chase work it's there. In the building trade you go a long way if you turn up everyday on time and want to learn.
>>
>>144420793
>working for filthy jews
>>
>>144420883
>Maybe it's different in the US but in the UK you can pick up trade jobs pretty easily.

i think things are different here. well-paying/skilled trade jobs are hard to get unless you know somebody who works for the company, and unskilled/semi-skilled jobs go to Mexicans willing to work for like $12 an hour (they don't pay taxes and get gov't subsidies so their cost of living is way lower than an American's, who has to pay taxes/into the health care system/gets no subsidies). there doesn't seem to be any "in-between" jobs for people who are young and maybe took a welding class in high school or even got a 9 month certification at a trade school.

>Do you think people are going to invest millions in making a robot that can fit a kitchen, or some robot turns up at your door and fits your bathroom or hangs some wallpaper?

probably not, but that's a pretty small subset of trade jobs AND somewhat low-skill, so those jobs will, as above, go to Mexicans. but there aren't going to be too many jobs in, say, home construction, when they start 3D printing our houses. there won't be a lot of truck driving jobs when we have drones/self-driving trucks. robots can already do a lot of welding jobs. robots will be able to do a lot of jobs on oil rigs.

>If robots are going to be used to anything it's IT related because they out think us by a huge margin.

probably.
>>
File: 1506821751244m.jpg (89 KB, 901x1024)
89 KB
89 KB JPG
I work in cabinetry, make about 50k Canada bucks a year with gradual raises every year, pretty decent considering I went into it with almost zero training and no debt. The things that suck about it is that it can be physically and mentally demanding work, it's a loud shop environment with plenty of dangerous machinery, and I'm breathing in wood and melamine dust 40 hours a week. Meanwhile my buddy who's parents paid for his schooling is making twice what I make in tech, at a company that offers free alcohol, relaxation rooms, an arcade room, gets to travel around North America and meet celebrities, and just generally has a chiller life. So it's no wonder kids are making the choice to work in an office instead of a trades job. The only thing trades has is "muh honest hard days work", and if that means my back is fucked for life because i tweaked it lifting something, I'd take the chill office job that pays twice as much if i had the choice.

Definitely going to school in a year or two to get out of trades.
>>
>>144420793
Isn't it sad that you have to create these fantasies, anon?
>>
>>144421431
I'll never forget my mandatory 6 month apprenticeship. The boss of the place promised to pay me 50 euros every week if I worked with customers directly,
but what I got was just 55 euros for 4 fucking months of work instead. The fucker bought himself an expensive brand overall and a car with the money he promised me.
Fuck trade schools and fuck apprenticeships. Should have just went to work directly instead.
>>
>>144421081

What type of mechanic work? I work along with aircraft mechanics and they're all miserable people.
>>
>>144421673
And some people here complain about the Polish coming and working construction. It's never got to the point where there were no jobs, even in the recession from 2007 there was bits and pieces around. Lucky Trumps building you that wall.
>>
>>144418938
maybe their daddy doesn't know someone who can get them an apprenticeship
>>
>>144421233
Why do people in these threads always pretend to not know about welfare?
>>
>>144419947
What do you mean

>>144420577
At least if you are part of an office you can be part of the working class, about the only benefit
>>
>>144422000
>Should have just went to work directly instead
checked
>>
>>144420579

keep the eye on the money jews... they will hyperinflate the dollar when shtf
>>
>>144422000
It's shit sometimes, but in the UK at least the apprenticeship is government run, so if someone takes you on as a 16-19 year old it's the government who pays your wage. I think it's £70 a week or something, it might be more now. I personally didn't do an apprenticeship and it took me a lot longer to get my final trade after fucking around doing other trades, and I also found it harder to build a port folio of work and find work early on.
>>
>>144420861
Honestly it's worth all that being a cop because cops make a shit ton of money. I would be a cop if i could. I'd even go as far as to say cops are the real 1%.
>>
>>144418938
>Is this a plot to make young men pussies?
No. It is an answer to the egalitarians in their quest for total equality. We men, get to show the entire planet that the fruits of 'Feminism' are dying on the vine, as women refuse to enter any job/career choice which requires too much work, too much thought, too much planning, ....
>>
>>144419093
Lot of money in trades if you are independent
>>
>>144421751
Please get that degenerate picture off my screen though
>>
>>144418938
Who the fuck is this redneck faggot with his bitch ass smug face
The whole paper screams "yea goy lie to yourself very good"
>>
>>144420793
Where does this meme come from?
I live in my mom's basement and can't be any happier.
This year was great for videogames, there were some good anime this season.
Just give me my vr waifu and I'll be in heaven.
>>
>>144422578
Living with your parents is literally the worst

>get yelled at everyday
>have stuff taken away constantly
>not allowed to do anything enjoyable
>just live
>>
>>144418938
>pay thousands to go to trade school to learn a useful skill
>trade school instructors talk about OSHA, the law, honor, and loyalty to fellow tradesmen and how you'll get fucked if you don't
>after a year or two of trade school, go out to get apprenticed
>only 1/3 of all graduates get apprenticed, the others are told to go back to their old retail
>shit pay for the work, but told it's all worth it in the end
>can't get any work because half of all managers are non-white and don't hire whites(which is legal since white men aren't a protected class in the USA, unlike everyone else)
>the white managers are all union and you need family connections to get into one, no other way
>realize that you got fucked over hard by the trades meme when you see your old trade school instructor on a job all of his workers are fresh over the border
So much for the trade honor code and bullshit like that.
>>
>>144419132
That's retarded. I'm a white guy that works in trades and the majority of my coworkers are black. I'm definitely not the average pol user though
>>
>>144422441

Sure but that is a lot harder than it sounds. Apprenticeship can take a long time and you're not getting paid shit, and you still have to buy a van, get all the tools, etc you're talking about something that would take 15 years of hard work to get into that position.

Another thing i hate about the trades is that its nepotism run wild. Literally you need a father, uncle or close family friend to get you in. A trade school certificate is going to run you about $8,000 at the least and still no guarantee of a job.
>>
>>144419539
Fucking Asi.
Watch me take your jobs, going to univeristy and taking the degree you wanted but can't get because you are too lazy to get of your fat ass.
>>
>>144421673
Factory maintenance and electricians are in demand right now. I wish they would hire more. I am the only electrician on my shift and work every weekend. I am told no available candidates. Maybe truth maybe not.
>>
>>144422578
Your genes will not go to the next round just so ya know
>>
>>144422876
>Watch me take your jobs, going to univeristy and taking the degree you wanted but can't get because you are too lazy to get of your fat ass.
I'll also watch you work the rest of your life to sustain my gibs, so it's fine.
>>
>>144419093
Everyone's fuckin miserable, it's the human condition
>>
>>144423072
You won't be getting anymore gibs once President Mahmud enacts racial bias in how gibs are distributed. It's what happens here.
>>
>>144420793
I used to live in my parents basement for like half a year. Sleeping in the cold is very comfy for me. Thinking about buying a housing and having my bedroom as the basement itself
>>
>>144422784
Lolwut?
>Nothing beats mommy's food
>Laundry washed everyday with love
>Room always done perfectly
It's like living in a 5 stars hotel for free.
I'm sorry your family doesn't love you, anon.
>>
>>144422930
I am told no available candidates. Maybe truth maybe not.

i think the "shortage of laborers/tradesman" is a meme created by the federal gov't to justify free trade/immigration and isn't true at all. and i think a lot of business people adopted it as an easy excuse NOT to hire additional help where it may be needed, preferring to stretch its workforce thin to save money. if there was a real shortage, we'd see a rise in wages, which we haven't
>>
>>144418938
>hey mike, i really want to work but im having trouble finding work in my area can y-
>your just lazy, get to work you stupid millennial
>but mike no one will hire me, i filled out 40 applications a week for the past 8 months
>its because your a lazy millennial, get a job. look at all these work places i visit and work at. its because i want to work
>i want to work too though mister rowe, i dont like being poor and having to eat ramen once a day to survive
>yes you do because your a lazy millennial now get to work
>d-d-d-do you have any openings that you know about in your company? can i personally work for you? i would be willing to mow your lawn for 5 bucks
>NO! NOW GET TO WORK YOU LAZY MILLENNIAL

memeing aside mike rowe is an out of touch boomer who hasnt had to apply for a job without celebrity status in decades. visiting shitty worksites is not a hard job, more so next to working them 50 to 708 hours a week. im really not impressed by this guy
>>
>>144422822
get your own contracts nigger
>>
File: 1492048929754.jpg (81 KB, 924x571)
81 KB
81 KB JPG
>>144422822
>realize that you got fucked over hard by the trades meme
this. the only reason it pays well is it is imposible to get a job or get in union. i went to trade school got job/s. everything was 8 an hour. worked myself harder than any other job/s. just droped the shit and do the same thing as before. in debt, feels bad
>>
>>144423205
How's me wageslaving going to change this from happening? Exactly.
>>
File: 1504819244497.jpg (72 KB, 529x401)
72 KB
72 KB JPG
Carpenter here. Do home remodeling with my best friend from highschool. Love it but wish Mexishits weren't undercutting our bids so damn much and dipshit home owners weren't taking the bait. Obviously we are going to be more expensive when it's 2 guys doing things the right and white way vs 12 mexishits who can't fucking hang cabinets level making some fat guido a few hundred bucks per job but is rolling 6 jobs a week.
Life is suffering sometimes in post borders America. Our only saving grace is that we are good looking, fit clean cut white men that don't have drug or much of an alcohol problem.
>>
>>144423281
Most underrated post ever.
>>
>>144423238
They do, they are trying to help me by negative renforciemnt but it doesn't work. Trust me i lived with my parents for a year, every day

>you fucking loser you're pathetic why you not in med school
>you fucking loser your cousin is becoming a doctor, you are stupid and ugly and smelly, why are you my son
>Living with your parents? You better get out you fucking loser

I don't normally care about stuff like that but when told it constantly by parents it kind of sucks.
>>
File: 1493824349663.jpg (190 KB, 1024x862)
190 KB
190 KB JPG
>>
>>144423281

He literally graduated college majoring in communications, then he did theater, voice acting and dancing in san francisco for awhile. I'm pretty sure he's gay. He's a giant hypocrite he never worked a day in his life in trades, I think he gets off to sucking blue collar type guys cocks. He seriously lives in san francisco and has never been seen with a woman.
>>
>>144418938
>Why don't Men Go into Trades Anymore?
They are taught by society that trades are underclass jobs, "The Help." They don't realize that a guy in a decent trade working a little on the side will make twice as much as some corporate cuck barely making 80k at 40.
>>
File: cuttingblade.png (8 KB, 1288x720)
8 KB
8 KB PNG
>>144419153
this, we're at an awkward point where the compensation for trades doesn't match their necessity, but the ((coming soon)) automation gives justification to not doing anything whatsoever to fix this. Hopefully automation comes along faster and then the problem is avoided. Unfortunately it looks like in a lot of places it'll be awhile and shit simple just won't get done. This has already been happening for a little while everywhere actually, just look at your average infrastructure in America.
>>
>>144423511
I've been a carpenter for the past 30 years. Real Americans want quality, do work outside of the cities.
>>
>>144423304
>get your own contracts nigger
Why bother? I might do the work of two illegals, but they can pay three illegals for the same price(which is borderline legal as it is). Who cares at this point.
>>
>>144418938
Elite Tower crane operates here,earning very large portion......bosh.
>>
>>144423545
>Having niggertier parents who despise you

Enjoy not having your tendies baked with love every day, pajeet.
>>
Here's why: caste society

Men still go into trades. Those jobs are necessary for a functioning society. It's white men who aren't. Why?
>high IQ means they do well in school
>told by their teachers parents and everyone to go to college
but more importantly
>they're not Mexican
>they don't speak Spanish
>they don't know anyone in trades

A white kid has graduated high school. If he tries to get an entry level blue collar trade job, he will be applying for a $10 an hour position. Everyone he works with will be Mexican. Spanish will be the language of the workplace.

His co-workers will be living in government housing, using food stamps, taking cash assistance, and working on the table and not paying FICA taxes or income taxes.

Do you really think he is going to get hired? Do you think he'll stay long if he does?

We've stratified our society with distinct ethnoracial groups with different IQs. We also subsidize the two lowest IQ groups massively with tax money so that employers can afford to pay them less.

Mid-ability whites have gotten screwed because they aren't smart enough or corrupt enough to make money like Jews and Asians, but they won't or don't know to take welfare at the same levels that non-whites do, also, they are in more danger in low-cost neighborhoods because they are a despised minority, so they need more expensive housing.

Our government has betrayed us.
>>
>>144423238
What will do when your parents die though?
>>
>>144418938

>being grateful for being born in America

I mean, sure it ain't China or Sub-Saharan Africa or god forbid Canada, but fucking LOL this place is a 2nd-world dump and declining rapidly.
>>
I graduated in 2012 from highschool. Literally the only options we were ever told from teachers, guidance counselors, and every single guest speaker that came was that there are two options. Either go to college and get a degree in stem/business, or work fast food. They talked so much shit about every job that didn't require a degree I thought that trade jobs made the same as minimum wage with more work until a year or two ago. I'm fucking pissed because I loved that kind of stuff and 100% would have gone into a trade but because of the brainwashing I got a degree in CS and spend all day doing a job I fucking hate for 11 bucks an hour with tens of thousands in college debt
>>
>>144423281
Nigger, you can get most construction jobs if you seriously want to learn. We need people badly. If you're 10 mins early every morning, you're late. If you only do what you're told and not what needs to be done, you're lazy. If you have the willpower, construction is for you. it takes $140 in tools to start, but carpenters can make more than doctors.
>>
File: 1461755098235.jpg (187 KB, 598x465)
187 KB
187 KB JPG
>>144423701
I live on the East Coast. No such thing as getting "outside the city" when there are 5 major metropolitan cities within 3 hours of me. People are tightening up on the old purse strings around here because the housing market is fluctuating so much. Don't go full boomer on me faggot. I've been doing this for almost 20 years on my own.
>>
Trades are for people who want to do field nigger work. The problem is a lot of white collar jobs are going to be automated.

So what truly is the most redpilled route? Is it only STEM?
>>
>>144418938
Are you a fucking moron?
>>
>>144423281

If you don't have connections you can keep an eye on the job board for calls to go "Open to All."

Work for 3+ months and you're a member.
>>
>>144423909

Good post. If you're mexican in the US and 18 years old, you can literally walk onto any construction site and a get job that day. It will be entry level but you'll be able to move up. If you're white and try this they'll tell you they're not hiring.
>>
>>144423701
nigger, your issue is working on the east coast. Repair work is mexican work.
>>
>>144418938
is that Ernest?
>>
>>144423545
You just have to not be a complete waste of air.
Do the garden, fix broken shit, look somewhat good. And then let the tendies flow to you
>>
>>144419093
Everyone is miserable and jealous of everyone else. Constant dickmeasuring
>>
>>144424104

No, worse. It's Mike Rowe.
>>
>>144418938
what trades are in demand and actually pay well?
>>
>>144424078
we are, but you faggots never do it. We can spot a crackhead a mile away. Smoke less pot, drink less beer, and be prepared to get your hands dirty.
>>
>>144423908
Are you mocking me? And im not pajeet.
>>
>>144418938
My brother did. He got into a pipefitting apprenticeship (that's welding for you desk jockey STEM nerds) right after high school. Took a few courses at a community college as part of the apprenticeship. He started out in the fab shop, passed his weld tests, did field work, became a foreman for a small crew of chicanos, and eventually came back to run the fab shop. He busts his ass but he makes damn good money and now he runs the joint. It's definitely a good route to go if you are young, hearty, and healthy. Gotta be able to handle the bants, too.
>>
>>144420654
>sandwiches
"I make $80/hr and beat off on apprentices"

Nice
>>
>>144423614
>>are taught by society that trades are underclass jobs

because they are... making money with your back doing a job that requires only training, not intelligence is always going to be seen as under/lower class.
The whole I can do what you, you can't do what I can do issue. You could take a motive educated man and turn him in any blue collar trade person as long as their body held up to the work. You can't expect your average bluecollar guy to even be able to read college level anything, never mind get the MBA and manage a hedge fund.

Everyone know this and it's why blue collar/trades are some of the most insecure about educated people. Always quick to mention money or how they don't have a education and do ok etc, even when no one is asking or cares.
>>
>>144418938
trade means you cant make stuff yourself and other peoples hard work to benefit yourself.
>>
>>144424006
i have worked in lumber mills and carpentry for most of my working life
>>
>>144423995
Like my father, I'm a Carpenter. It is a dying trade. I do not assemble prefab homes or hang sheetrock. I build unique homes for clients that only wish to have the homes of their dreams. We are a dying breed.
>>
>>144424362
>You could take a motive educated man and turn him in any blue collar trade person as long as their body held up to the work. You can't expect your average bluecollar guy to even be able to read college level anything, never mind get the MBA and manage a hedge fund.
I don't expect 99% of MBAs to manage a hedge fund. A guy with his own welding company will make as much as an IB Managing Director, without the 80 hour weeks.
>>
File: 1491271852701.jpg (325 KB, 1294x866)
325 KB
325 KB JPG
>2017
>not taking the forklift driver pill
>>
>>144424362
>The whole I can do what you, you can't do what I can do issue. You could take a motive educated man and turn him in any blue collar trade person as long as their body held up to the work. You can't expect your average bluecollar guy to even be able to read college level anything, never mind get the MBA and manage a hedge fund.

It's hilarious how you say that while in another thread you'll be bitching about illiterate Indians with fake credentials stealing your professional jobs via H1B.
>>
>>144424191

Weed and alcohol is the last thing you should be worried about as long as they come to work sober. Today any type of white guy that would work that type of job probably has a few difference substance addictions. We have this $10/hr part time position at my job that we can't find anyone to do, I keep telling my boss as long as you drug test you're never going to find someone that's going to work that position
>>
>>144421751
Trades are not some Utopia that these idiots keep trying to sell everyone on
>>
>Hear that retail is a shitty field to go into
>Cashiers and food workers are being payed minimum wage, hurr durr fight for $15 now comrades everywhere
>Decide to find out what kind of jobs there are
>Find out that trades are doing well in the retail sector
>Truck drivers are making $20, forklift operators making $10, Ware house workers are making $10-17, IT is making $15-22, maintenance is $20-25
>Decide to apply
>Get interviewed and hired within 2 weeks
>Start out $13, get paid holidays, and time off, lots of advancement
>Get recruited by merchandiser's and competitors often
>Been working with all sorts of people in the industry
>Find out cashiers are shit people and don't deserve $15
>Turns out Hispanic and asian coworkers hate blacks, libcuck HR is too stupid to see it
>College cucks come in disenfranchised but soon get red pilled and love their job
I have had no problems with trades or retail.
>>
>>144418938
>go into trade
>go to a school for 6months to 2 years learning that trade
>report comes out that my trade will be obsolete by robots in 5 years
fug
>>
>>144424468
Start building accessory shit. Build a table/chair set and sell it at a flea market. you'll be supprised what can happen.
>>
>>144424657
>>report comes out that my trade will be obsolete by robots in 5 years
They won't.
>>
>>144424657
What trade is that?
>>
>>144424601
you're paying $10 an hour, no human is worth that for the work asside from mexicans. 1099 yourself and work your ass off, eventually you'll be making $40 an hour if your quality is worth half a shit.
>>
Trade is definitely a good thing

I was almost going to go to uni to study film until I woke up one morning and decided to be a sparky.

Now I co own a buisness earning £60k a year declared. Just landed a contract with the local uni and hiring in subbies to sort it out for a nice profit.

Women, being retarded are impressed by basic things I do so getting in their pants is pretty easy.

If I was smarter I'd definitely learn to code or become some sleezy defence lawyer.
>>
>>144424601
Drug tests are done to prevent employee theft, but it's because it's a semi-proxy for race that you can legally discriminate by.
>>
>>144421135
>The only difference between a doctor and a mechanic is the medium in which they work.
What did he mean by this
>>
>>144424946
Except that's wrong, women are not impressed these days by anything really.
>>
File: 1492467619065.gif (1.92 MB, 280x211)
1.92 MB
1.92 MB GIF
>>144424087
>replying to yourself
Who said anything about repair work? I do additions and renovations. Very few people can afford custom homes anymore. They just want their already awesome 100+ year old home to be bigger or nicer. The east coast is a lot different when it comes to carpentry. Lots of old very well built homes. We also do historical renovations and have to be registered with various historical societies. You sound like a cocky faggot boomer who made his money and established himself in the golden age. Things are a lot different now.
>>
>>144424468
how is it?
>>
>>144424687
i am not looking for a job anon, just pointing out mike rowes bullshit. he has no experience with the current job market and as such should be acting like or treat as some sort of arbiter of the reality of it. this guy couldnt get a job where i live without his celebrity status due to his age and being white, no matter what ethics or values he spouted off in his one interview out 300 applications.
>>
>>144422930
I'm on the waitlist for an wireman apprenticeship. Took the aptitude test 5 months ago and two thirds of the people on the roster didn't even show. Showed up for my interview a few weeks later and was interviewed a half hour before my scheduled time so I'm assuming more no shows.
It sucks ass that the scores for the test and interview along with your place on the waitlist is confidential. I walked out of the test knowing I didn't get a single question wrong and I am very confident in my interview performance but it's been months now and no news other than a letter saying I'm on the waitlist. I also live in an area of the Midwest with a lot of commercial buildings going up right now. Im nearly 30 with a good work ethic, a decent resume for the past 5 years and a veteran. This wait is fuckin killing me.
>>
File: 1504142220143s.jpg (5 KB, 167x211)
5 KB
5 KB JPG
>>144424006
>If you're 10 mins early every morning, you're late.
ive worked around neck biters like you. paying everyone as low as possible while constantly belittling them. big man
>>
>>144419093
I know many miserable people in the trades, but it seems mostly to come from the wife who's upset he's working all that overtime so she and the kids can be comfortable
>>
>>144424991
We security tag shit we know blacks will steal. We have whole sections of stores where we have to install security measures. The store is shaped to send blacks to a certain part of the store. It is legal discrimination but the public doesn't know about it. We consult with security pros to shape the store so we know where blacks will go and we don't have to openly say anything about it. Its all genius.
>>
File: fa.jpg (156 KB, 600x800)
156 KB
156 KB JPG
>>144420654
>Young people that want to try it have no concept of hard work. I love beating apprentices.
join the skilled trades everybody!
>>
>>144425130
it was the best, no dress code and hard work feels validating and the pay is good, can listen to your own music at work and non existent HR departments. the mill work shut down after the housing market crash and the carpentry business didnt seem to much better. the guy i was working with couldnt afford me anymore and i didnt pick up enough skills to do it on my own (there is a bit more to just swinging hammers and picking up wood at home depot), as if i could compete with the already existing carpenters in the area. not to mention your not just doing the carpentry either, your gonna know how to run the wires, your gonna know how to install the plumbing.
>>
>>144425241
Stop being lazy, chump.
>>
>>144418938
There are plenty of positions available in the trades, but over the last decade or so going to college has been stressed much more because of technology.

I'm a master electrician, work for myself.
I'd take on an apprentice but I don't think I'd find one to do it part-time. I can't afford somebody 40 hours a week, and I don't think most would want to apprentice for 6 years before getting their card. I could only give them maybe 3 or 4 days a week.
>>
>>144425201
Took 18 months for me to get the call, but I consider it a miracle I was even called. In my town 2,100 took the test, and they took the top 100 scorers and put them on the list. They then called the top 25 to start, everybody else being on the waiting list. You basically have a better chance of getting into Harvard. I must have been high up on the list to get called at all.
>>
>>144424006
Fuck you nigger

Theres a cock smoker like you on every job site in the US and I am just relieved to know people like you make foreman or GF for exactly that reason
>>
>>144418938

Trades are great if you only want to get into a job and have pretty good job security.

Getting an MBA and or STEM degree lets you have a massive boost in pay but job security can be iffy sometimes.

That and jews
>>
>>144425738
*never make foreman
>>
>>144418938
when you hit 55 you will regret not being in a cozy office and still 13 more years till retirement
>>
>>144425039
They are mate
>>
File: 1505843598424.gif (1.25 MB, 400x400)
1.25 MB
1.25 MB GIF
>>144425652
too close to home?
>>
>>144424006
>If you're 10 mins early every morning, you're late.
If you're ten minutes early, you are ten minutes before on time. "We want everybody to exceed expectations" is a stupid fucking mentality. "We want everyone to do their job" is actually fucking possible.
>>
>>144425738
Pretty sure that guy just works for his dads home building company. Lots of guys like that have a superiority complex and think they know shit about the current job market. Me and my bud have built our business from the ground up and have to actually compete because our business wasn't established in the golden era when houses were going up like crazy. People can't afford that shit anymore. Dudes out of touch.
>>
>>144425694
Well that makes me feel good to be on the list, but I imagine my local does it completely different. Did you find all this out after you got called up?
>>
>>144425920
I'll be retired at 52 after working in the trades
>>
>>144425769
>Getting an MBA and or STEM degree lets you have a massive boost in pay but job security can be iffy sometimes.
There is zero job security in business. The second you fall below your quota for a few months, you will be receiving your severance package.
>>
>>144425974
Nope, been working my job for 5 months and I'm already a supervisor. Its not hard really.
>>
>>144425427
That's hilarious. Life for white people would be so much easier and cheaper if we could discriminate by race. It'd be cheaper for black people too because they'd be able to discriminate more easily against the worst of their own kind.
>>
>>144423954

Take over their property taxes because they actually own their house, instead of being a rentee city slave.

Not hard to do if you get a job/education on the side, and your aging parents won't really resent you so long as you actually pull your weight. Real problem with living with your folks is that chicks would rather you have your own place that they can crash in instead. But on the flipside, you get to watch your own savings account go up by tens of thousands on the regular.
>>
File: 1496304937642.jpg (98 KB, 800x600)
98 KB
98 KB JPG
>>144418938
full of mexicans and most of them just don't know how awesome they are
>>
>>144425515

Things women and fags will never understand:
1) Courage
2) Satisfaction of a hard days work of honing your craft.
>>
>>144426177
>Quotas

That's cute
>>
>>144426144
I knew there were 25 positions being offered, but I only found out over 2,000 tested for it when I started and the apprentice instructor said "congrats you're now in the 1%"
>>
>>144425971
Dude im 25, handsome as hell, awesome personality, tall for my area, and am a kissless virgin dude. That says something.
>>
File: 1479430119488.jpg (99 KB, 960x911)
99 KB
99 KB JPG
>>144425693
>there are plenty positions available in trades
>i cant afford to hire even one person
>they would have to be an apprentice for 6 years
>>
>>144426332
they still feel accomplishment, the standard is just set so low they would probably consider being approved for welfare an accomplishment
>>
>>144426342
>That's cute
Sales and banking, retard.
>>
>>144426393
That's what I said, I'm a one man show, but I know of many companies that need people.

I program PLC's and build panels, and I don't work 40 a week myself
>>
>>144426163
in the uk theres so many foreigners undercutting tradespeople theyre fucked. my stepdad has gone back to having to travel up and down the country at 63 years old and my brother has been over to holland. being smug about trades only works in a large country not full of poles and albanians etc. its not a sustainable career over here anymore
>>
>>144418938

Am a man. Am in trades. Turned in 6k worth of inovoices for the last two weeks.
>>
>>144426332
This
>>
File: 1403286917310.jpg (15 KB, 395x393)
15 KB
15 KB JPG
>>144418938

>Ernest Goes Wagecuckin'

2/10 bad movie
>>
>>144418938
In the near future, there's nothing you can do with your traderino skills.
I agree with you though, but sometime soon machines will be the ones working. They will have access to a whole lot more information in an instant than you will in a lifetime. So it really doesn't even matter what you study or know at this point. What matters is how are you going to grit your teeth and grind until the utopia arrives.
That or WW3.
I welcome both
>>
File: 1484788100394.gif (1.79 MB, 320x240)
1.79 MB
1.79 MB GIF
>>144426537
Most electricians I meet are such fucking arrogant faggots. I do my own electrical work. Panels, running line, switches, lights etc but every once in a while we have to sub out the electrical for code reasons and the electricians we hire are usually shittier than us and have this fucking attitude. Not saying you are but why the fuck is that? Master electricians I might add.
>>
>>144418938
>Mike Rowe.jpg
Dude, that's just a persona for his TV show. He majored in journalism.
>>
>>144426332

There is nothing wrong with hard work. Its the hard work 5 days sometimes 6 days a week, day after day, outside, working with injuries, for years that slowly kills you.
>>
>>144426668
What do you do and how much was spent on operating costs?
>>
>>144422845
>Another thing i hate about the trades is that its nepotism run wild. Literally you need a father, uncle or close family friend to get you in. A trade school certificate is going to run you about $8,000 at the least and still no guarantee of a job.

This, trades here are saturated as fuck it took me 26 months to find my first job even after going to tradeschool
>>
>>144426313
The only issue I have with working with latins is that they are indeed hard workers but they are too careless. They work too fast and are sloppy, they get hurt a lot too. Still prefer them to blacks.
>>
File: 78098754.jpg (81 KB, 634x629)
81 KB
81 KB JPG
>>144426944
Checkd
Hand-shakelet detected. Did you call them every week?
>>
>destroy your body working 60+ hours/week to make half of what a comfy dev job makes in 40-45
Nty.
>>
>>144426381
Has it occured to you women aren't be it and end all? If you are so caught up, get /fit/ and bang a prostitute, make sure its a 'high class' one. And explain you are a virgin?
>>
>>144426739
>In the near future, there's nothing you can do with your traderino skills.

But I'm a tradesman (sparky) that programs and maintains robots

>>144426774
It sounds like the ones you know, most are cool. I'm a master, just means I can pull permits and have apprentices under me.

The panels I build are those big gray boxes you see on industrial machines with all the buttons and lights. If you can read a schematic I could teach just about anybody to do it.
>>
>>144421751

Jeremy?
>>
>>144418938
Because /sci/ treats us like shit for not having a STEM degree.

>>144420455
>>144422845
In Brazil having a van is the exception. Most just buy a second hand car or motorcycle + chest.
>>
>>144426516

>Jewish occupations

Get out
>>
It's a a simple economic fact that on average a guy can make more money and have better stability getting a STEM meme degree than by being a tradesman. Some people talk about "doctor like" wages but that shit is an outlier compared to the vast majority of the blue collar workforce who gets paid crap rates with nearly zero mobility and no long term security. The good money almost always involves long term traveling, which frequently wrecks relationships and families since husband/dad isn't around for months at a time. I know many who's spouses either cheated on them while they were away or threatened divorce if the guy wouldn't get a stable job where they'd be home in spite of the better pay.

If you've got startup money, connections, and no woman or family to look after, yeah the trades can earn you big bucks, but the same can be said about any line of work a man chooses. For the average person, trades have potential as a backup skill to ensure employment, but is a crap choice for a career long term. Suck it up and go get an education. Colleges and other "centers of education" are in need of more sensible people who know what actual work is anyways.
>>
>>144426586
Where is that? I'm in the southwest and the need for trades is crazy. I am hiring subbies out on £300 a day just to keep up.
>>
>>144426916

Event technician. Sound, lights, video, staging, etcetera. Nothing spent on operating costs. Some people drag big toolkits around with them, but it's unnecessary unless you're a carpenter or rigger. I have my multitool, a couple blades, headphones with a quarter inch to 1/8 inch adaptor (which I got for free when I did a show for an electronics convention a couple years ago), crescent wrench (which I bought 10 years ago), and a pair of work gloves. Biggest expenses are cheap suits for upscale shows that I can destroy and not care about doing gear pushes and sets. Once you have that small handful of tools and a sharpie or two, I guess maybe a laptop and cel phone, there aren't any appreciable operating costs.
>>
File: 1504474026301.jpg (85 KB, 573x400)
85 KB
85 KB JPG
Is it worth it to join the Air Force?
>>
>>144427223
Whatever works for you Brazil. As long as the job gets done.
>>
>>144427269

Most people do not have the IQ for STEM. Not everyone can be a fucking scientist, doctor or engineer. There has to be work for medium IQ people.
>>
>>144419153
not if union, i made 21/hr when i didnt know shit...now i make 33/hr
>>
>>144427118
This is true mate, I need to work out a lot to avoid my knees getting fucked. I'm sure your posture isn't the best tho?

I enjoy my life, traveling around from site to site and solving shit. I'm sure it's similar in dev or coding? Any self respecting white man yearns to contribute for the 'greater good' in some way.
>>
>>144427231
You are the one talking about MBAs, genius. Make up your mind. Sales and banking pay a lot of money. More than 95% of other jobs. Banking is honestly a sales job too.
>>
>>144418938
It will be a long long time before any robots replace plumber, electricity, infrastructure work.
>>
>>144427378
Seems enjoyable. Congrats, nigger. Ive helped doing stage production a few times as a helper many years ago and loved the atmosphere.
>>
>>144427269
Colleges are over saturated with everybody trying to get that so called "comfy" job. Those jobs don't really do much for society unless they have a hand working component to them like engineers and doctors. Besides people these days don't have the degree for their field, everybody is either communication major or women's studies. At the end of the day people will need somebody to fix something for them.
>>
>>144427269
I have a friend who has 3 kids, a nice house and long term girlfriend. He is a joiner and makes a killing. I've done a few jobs with him. I helped him fit a little porch once, it took us a day and he paid me fairly well and he made £800 out of it, after materials and paying me. He makes that kind of money on a regular basis, and his kids has everything and he has motorbikes, a garage full of all kinds of fun shit. The guys living the dream.
>>
>>144427168
Well it kinda sucks when your like 40 and living alone.
>>
>>144427563
Posture is still good, eyesight went to shit. Definitely rather have that than the back and knee issues it seems a lot of people in the trades end up with.
>>
>>144427438
Get a good specialty in it and you will be fine. Think about the long term as in where you will be post AF. I was in the Navy for 6 years and did a little bit of everything, things worked out well for me.
>>
>>144427269
Except you can't get an education unless you're part of the 1%
>>
>>144426381
it says you are none of the things you claim.
>>
>>144427689

It has it's upsides. Women generally wash out fast because they can't stand the physical labor and long hours. I did three 16 hour days this week. Sometimes I'm so exhausted I can barely make it to a showerbeer when I get home. But at the end of the day, I'm my own man and if some cuck pisses me off, I can tell him to go fuck himself and work for somebody else. Also, chicks seem to dig the kind of dude that's a little bit dangerous. I'm often surrounded by office corporate types and you can tell that these upper middle class and white collar women wish they could be around less dudes that get plastic surgery and manicures.
>>
>>144424356
>Gotta be able to handle the bants, too.

This is a big factor in the trades. I wanted to knock my boss out for being an obnoxious faggot the first week on the job. But now I give it back to him even harder for being a fat old bald retard.
>>
What are the physical requirements for these jobs, though? Most """men""" can't carry 50 lbs or lift 100 these days.
>>
Because how do you get into trades?

You want to be an engineer, you just go to college, then apply for a job. Simple.
You want to be a professional welder? A plumber?
You need a foot in the door, a relative or friend you helped out since you were a teen, then their company hires you, then they send you to training (and you join a union maybe).

Hell, if you actually listen to Mike Rowe, he tried to be a carpenter at his grandpa, sucked at it, then went to college.
>>
>>144427951
I am though.
>>
>>144427802
If you have built some kind of profession by 40 then you should be making pretty good money, and have some money saved. If you find yourself at 40 alone and you just sit there and be sad then you need to have a word with yourself. If i find I am alone at 40 i'll take my money and go travel.
>>
>>144428141
That's pretty degenerate though.
>>
>>144418938

Agree with that apart from 3, 7, and 8. Those are just hypercuck wageslave shit.
>>
>>144428114
They can't have more than 25kgs in weight on bags on anything anymore, so if you aren't a complete pussy you will be fine.
>>
>>144428119
Except you can't go to college unless your one of THEM
>>
>>144427999
I noticed a lot of office women tend to hang around our warehouses on their breaks and lunch, they like talking to us. The cuck betas they hire in the offices are a joke.
>>
>>144427883
>Except you can't get an education unless you're part of the 1%
>>144428266
>Except you can't go to college unless your one of THEM

What the hell are you talking about?
What country you from?
>>
>>144428214
Yeah, i don't plan to be alone at 40 but if I am i', not going to sit there and cry about it like women do, or hang myself because i'm so lonely. I'll take my money and go do things.
>>
Every guy I know in the trades has a bad back by 30.
>>
>>144428391
United States.
>>
>>144428413
So basically you're a women

>i'll travel!!!!

You're a crybaby women.
>>
>>144428472
Don't you guys have community college?
>>
>>144418938
1. I destroys your body
2. No pension, reason to stay with the company
>>
>>144428538
Yeah. But again you need to part of THEM if you want to get accepted, or have your dad know the admin.
>>
>>144428472
I know people that worked their way thru college working in fast food, no idea why you think that stupid shit

>>144428538
yes
>>
>>144428520
Maybe i'll come to Kekistan one day. Faggot.
>>
When the housing market goes bang so will tradies income
>>
>>144428244
Look a lazy nannystate boot licker. Yea friend just stay in you room and let men pay for you chicken tendies and diabetes shot
>>
>>144428601
You are seriously fucked in the head, I see why you'll never have a job
>>
>>144424176

Electrical is the best from what I've heard. It also seems to be the trade easiest connected to more modern technologies (and better pay) via electrical engineering.
>>
>>144418938
Smug shit head
>>
>>144428615
>you know people worked their way thru college working in fast food
How does that go against what I said at all? I don't mean 1% as in financially, I mean 1% as in being part of THEM
>>
>>144428538
He might just be too ashamed that going to college and getting an education doesn't guarantee anything anymore. The college meme died in our lifetime.
>>
>>144428757
Whatever 1% you're talking about, there's something wrong with you
>>
>>144428645
The 2007 recession made things a little bit harder but there was still work. Keep at your art degree, I bet you'll be famous one day and make lots of money.
>>
>>144428765
I'd be going to college if i could.
>>
>>144428671

kek.
>>
>>144419093
>learn how to weld
>weld for several years
>become welding inspector

Feels good desu
>>
>>144427999
checkd
I'm self employed and there is 100% something about being a trady that attracts women. I can't say its for my money either. These rich cunts I work for have almost been cucked by me but I haven't because GF. I've actually worked for a few celebrities so at the end of the day it does feel pretty great. Not everyone can say they got the bid to design and build a celebrities home theater.
>>
No I'm fine managing my investments at home while you drag your van onto a rammed M1/M25
>>
>>144420050
This, most trades guys get paid jack shit.
>>
>>144426944
Depends on the trade dog, the place I work at has been looking for more toolmakers. We have 6 apprentices at our shop right now just to try and deal with the guys retiring and not being able to find more toolmakers.

Its a union shop with benefits and pay isnt to bad ($30/hour) with as much overtime as you want to work but we still cant find people.
>>
>>144418938
Football is promoted to increase brain damage in the plebs. Your post reads like infantile propaganda.
>>
>>144429084
What do you think they make?
>sparky
>plumber
>>
>>144429061
Aww yeah the M1. I make a bit of money off ebay though, how's it going for you?
>>
>>144428929
He is a job hater. He was taught at a young age to hate jobs that got him dirty and go to college because he would be better than others. Now the shoe is on the other foot, if you have a degree that is useless, you don't get hired. He will become redpilled when he doesn't get his manager job and has to put in his time on the line.
>>
>>144418938
Too many middlemen taking a cut of your hard work. Parasites.
>>
>>144429000

Kek'd. What it is is that those dudes with the skinjobs have no real hardiness. They may even be ripped and go to the gym all the time. But they've never stood in the way of a widowmaker flying off the lift gate of a 17 foot box truck and lived to tell the tale. Dudes in trades are tough at the core level, not afraid to get dirty or hurt, and will slam them up against the wall and powerfuck them in the shitter to a motorhead record while those faggots cry if they chip a nail.
>>
>>144420654
Any need for welders in Freedomland?
>>
>>144427872
>Get a good specialty in it and you will be fine. Think about the long term as in where you will be post AF

That's the plan, I don't really know what I want to do though, I just don't want to work with shitskins and having back pain for the rest of my life so welding is out of the question.
>>
>>144428645
>t. brainlet
People just invest in their already owned/mortgaged home in those scenarios. That is exactly where I carved out my niche. Understanding what makes a house more desirable or worth more money along with knowing market prices of materials. I've increased one homes value by over 1million dollars with 500k. Albeit, it was in a good area.
>>
>>144429395
Work for yourself. Any tradesman worth anything is working for himself and pays nobody but the tax man, and even then he only pays him what he wants.
>>
>>144429302
$13.79 - $34.93
https://www.payscale.com/research/US/Job=Electrician/Hourly_Rate

$13.45 - $33.36
https://www.payscale.com/research/US/Job=Plumber/Hourly_Rate
>>
>>144429318
I make enough and manage risk well, avoiding property/BTL though.. Voted leave too babe
>>
>>144420654
>Young people that want to try it have no concept of hard work. I love beating apprentices.
Not only are you a liar, you fantasize about being an emotionally abusive jerk.
>>
>>144429515
What industry? If in energy, construction, and road work then yes. We also need a whole bunch in warship building, but that might be hard for you to get.
>>
>>144427223
>chest

wtf
>>
>>144429600
Wow bro it was all you and nothing to do with property prices increasing world wide
>>
>>144418938
Because they fall for the education meme.
Unless you're really good (education progression tree) or know people who will employ you (professional progression tree), you're pretty much fucked.
Even more so in the US where you also accrue a metric ton of debt while pursuing your degree.
>>
>>144419539
>>144419664
>>>/r9k/
>>
>>144428857
>The 2007 recession made things a little bit harder but there was still work.
>>144429600
>>t. brainlet
You are either both liars or have been very fortunate in bad times. Trade professions got decimated in the recession.
>>
>>144429670
Why avoid property? If you get a 3 story terrace in a student area and put fire doors on 4 rooms, you can rake in upwards of £1,200 a month? And they pay off your mortgage.
>>
>>144418938
>Why don't Men Go into Trades Anymore?
There aren't any men left. The majority of the population now are women and weak nu-male cucks with record low sperm count.
>>
>>144423210
this tbqhwyf

Basement sleep can not be interrupted by sunlight and is nice and cool no matter what.

Maybe it hearkens back to some sort of Neandertilic cave sleep thing. At any rate basements are comf.
>>
>>144429563
Back pain is something that will always affect people with out balance in their lives. If you sit too much your spine will get messed up and if you stand too long then your knees will get messed up. I stand for 8 hours and sit for 10 with the rest of the time being either sleeping or doing something else. The military is going to be more than just your job, you will have watches and extra duties. Don't think you will be safe from combat either, you can be picked for a combat role easily.
>>
>>144418938
WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOUR DOING, OY VEY
FRACTIONAL RESERVE NOT FASCIST REVISION ok
>>
>>144420654
>Sure I get dirty
This is a main reason why modern "men" arne't in trade. They HATE getting dirty.
>>
>>144426774
They're Italian.
>>
File: 1454277325344.png (989 KB, 900x900)
989 KB
989 KB PNG
>>144429510
>9000 power level
It might have something to do with them seeing me sling 250lbs of decking on my shoulder and carry it up a ladder repeatedly for 2 hours then build them a flawless 70k deck that he will never smash her on.
pic related is usually what they want
>>
>>144429647
There is a job listing ad on that page offering $40 an hour
also from the link
>Total Pay (?) $29,855 - $83,034

Do you think $80k a year is jack shit?
>>
>>144430058
The stress for such little ROI, not dealing with students but they definitely are a cash cow at the tax payers expense
>>
>>144429787
in 2008-2010? brainlets please go
>>
>>144429935
I still made a living in the recession. I will admit there were months at a time where I had to labor for agencies but the vast majority of the hardcore part of the recession I was working and living.
>>
>>144427843
I'd rather just get my excercise at work rather than having to go to the gym several times a week. My dad works in an office and he's fat and useless at anything that doesn't involve sitting behind a computer. My boss is 5 years older than him and could probably kick my ass.
>>
>>144418938
Trades aren't appealing. You're telling me that I can spend my days risking life and limb, dealing with retarded management that quotes jobs at a quarter of the time needed for it, being out in the elements and shitty work conditions, destroying my body and health for 30k - 50k a year? Fuck outta here. Why don't I just get an office job that starts at 40k that's safe and comfortable?
>>
>>144426739
nigga how the fuck is a robot gonna eleminate the need for plumbers?
>>
>>144430423
Exceptions always make the rounds, my friend, but I'm glad you were able to still work.
>>
Trades are for Mexicans, pussy office jobs are for cucks. Go to flight school, become a pilot and get paid to see the world.
>>
>>144430344
From what I've seen IRL those jobs are rare. Most tradesmen are making ~$50k per year.
>>
>>144430361
I guess if you aren't into trades then property isn't of value to you. Sometimes I look at houses and they on the market for 30+ thousand less than the going rate in that area because they are on sale as a 'project' house. And if you know what you're looking at, the work can be done for under 10k. You can turn these houses over in 2 months max and if you buy in the right area can be sold and in the solicitor process within a month.
>>
>>144430647
Haha yes, this. To physically go into a house and repair and replace pipes is not something a robot can do.
>>
>>144430517
i would rather put my body at risk than have my soul drained more that it has to be.
>>
The fact of the matter is, and most tradesmen refuse to believe, is that university STEM grads are making 70-90k starting and even the arts grads are making 60k starting, and after 5-10 years they're making 100k, while the tradesman maxes out at $35/hr after 4 years, has to travel, has to work lots of overtime, maybe if you're lucky and get into a union you can make $45/hr
>>
>>144430710
Pilots on some airlines get paid as much as bus drivers.
>>
File: 1-9812349.jpg (135 KB, 400x300)
135 KB
135 KB JPG
>>144429935
Ya, I got fired from a pretty cozy job and just started doing my own thing. Everything I do now is custom designed and built by me and a friend. Turns out when you go through a big company you pay 3x what we charge and we still make out good. We don't need to have an engineer, manager, HR, receptionist, expert in building codes because 2 of do all of that. We are busy and have been since we started. We took a lot of punches but carved out a niche. I'm also in my 30's and have been working since i was 15.
>>
>>144430710
What about fight school?
>>
>>144430496
Many people work in offices and don't become fat from it, there may be something wrong with how your dad goes about working.
>>
>>144430733
but it's been done to death, just look every boomer has a second home for rental income and you have programs such as homes under the hammer promoting this
>>
>>144430810
Nigger I'm a first year regional FO making $60k, and it literally only goes up from here.
>>
>>144430286
uhhh, you actually nailed it.
>>
>>144418938
Why the fuck do people take this guy seriously? He has literally never worked a "dirty job" in his life, he just pretends to on TV. He's a professional actor who drives an expensive car. He personally never worked in trades. And yet people think he's qualified to advise others on taking a trade career.
>>
>>144430496
We have a 56 and a 70 year old dudes in my shop and both still have color in their hair yet can sling 45-50lb boxes. These dudes look much younger from a distance and you don't notice their age until you are up close to them. They also talk about all the women they fucked their whole lives. Our 56 year old gives all the younger guys dating and fucking advice.
>>
>>144430726
Maybe at 25 years old.
I'm a sparky, I could work 80 hours week of I wanted to, but I only work about 26 to 30.

>>144430710
>Trades are for Mexicans
Been in the trades 16 years, never saw a Mexican licensed in anything, if you hire unlicensed, fuck you, you're dumb
>>
>>144423169
Nooo my idealistic Utopia is better than his..
>>
File: I mean.jpg (54 KB, 1024x663)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
Thousands of dollars of sushi. Comped. You wont get that doing a trade.
>>
>>144430776
My dad is a welder. Dude his soul has been drained and his body is destroyed. He just turned 40 and he looks almost 50.
>>
>>144421751

>and I'm breathing in wood and melamine dust 40 hours a week

Why don't you wear a respirator and ear plugs? Are they that much of a hindrance to your work?
I won't fucking touch anything without the appropriate PPE.
>>
>>144430288

Sieg checked. What it is is that they know that we could beat the ever living shit out of their husbands, eat everything in their fridge, impregnate them, and then burn the house down if we want to. And whether or not we want to is a razor thin edge.
>>
>>144420654
I would work for you for half of that. I already have experience, just bits of each, not a master in any. I spent 4 years doing maintenance on rental properties, which lead me to learning, plumbing, window fitting, painting, electric work, flooring, knocking down and rebuilding walls, pointing, cementing, bits of plastering, dry walling, insulating, tiling, cladding and much more. the wages here are so fucking shit unless you work for yourself or are certified in gas or electric it's not even worth it.
>>
>>144430797
>70-90k starting
No they aren't. They are making less than 20k starting, there are very few people under the age of 25 making 70-90k.
>>
>>144424191
You say this like mexicans arent more likely to be drug addicts. They are.
>>
>>144426739
HVAC robots? Because somehow it is going to be cheaper to send a robot into someone's basement to replace an inducer or clean an evaporator?
Sounds legit...
>>
>>144430897
There are terraces on the market right now that need work. All those old terraces need is damp proof work, some new doors on the kitchen, salvage the cupboards, a cheap bathroom and a paint and decorate and you are looking at 10 - 20k profit easy. People back in the day were making a killing from this line of work when they could get the house, not lift a finger and get trades in to do the work and still make tens of thousands. Now you have to know your shit and at least do one trades work in the house, and also have good tradesmen behind you. I think flipping properties isn't for people not in the industry anymore, but for people in the building industry you can still make a killing, and it's almost part time work.
>>
>>144418938
>besides American football
>the sport where 90% of its players are criminal alpha nigger rapists
>>
>>144418938
They're hard on your body. You're surrounded by fat low iq boomers. You make shit money. Welding gives you cancer. You either cuck for a union or are on your own with no career advancement. You live off of cornuts and mountain dew. You age like shit. You can't workout. You're too dumb to understand this. Now come fix my shitter pleb.
>>
>>144423652
Infrastructure in America is shit because so much money is earmarked for gibs rather than building shit. The lower the real taxpayer base goes down in population (Whites and to a lesser extend Asians) the worse this becomes.
>>
>>144431201
Engineering grads and CS grads are making 75-120k starting
>>
Because you have to make bank or you don't get no pussy. For a lot of men, it's just easier not to play the game we call life.
>>
>>144418938
29 and have a trade in leatherwork. Fun stuff.
>>
>>144431309
>HVAC
Do you do this?
How much for a gas furnace tune-up?
Been 7 years since last checked out
>>
>>144431395
get on it then lad link me an example, i know you can pick up an apartment in glasgow for £20-30k and rent it to DSS tenants for around £300-400 a month
>>
They simply do not pay well enough relative to other job opportunities
>>
File: 9Zx0eij.jpg (314 KB, 880x1443)
314 KB
314 KB JPG
>>144431130
>get and I knock up the next housewife I work for
I could also be the natural smell of a man and not quasi expensive cologne and irradiated office space built on an old factory.
>>
>>144429515
In my state they are literally paying people to go into construction welding trade schools because we have such a shortage.
>>
>>144431433
Not at all. All the STEM grads i know started within the 30k-50k range, with the exception of 1 that started at 70k because of family connections
>>
>>144431000
How long does it take until you're breaking ~$60k per year? I'm tempted to be an electrician just to have independence. I fucking hate 9 to 5.
>>
>>144431516
You should have a contract with a local company. It ends up being cheaper and you get emergency service calls if something fucks up and you need it ASAP.
>>
>>144431516
We charge $89.
Pretty simple stuff, if you have a meter/amp clamp that can check microfarads and ohms you should just take care of it yourself.
Place I work for now charges almost 200 to change out a capacitor... Takes me less than 2 minutes to do and the part is normally under 10 dollars. Can't wait until I'm on my own.
>>
>>144431433
You do know you live in the age of the internet right? Labor departments, revenue services, and job sites keep track of wages and salaries. There is no way people are making well over the $45k national average, and the even lower average for 18-30 year olds. Young people don't get paid a whole lot in general, this is fact.
>>
>>144424362
Hahah I'd love to see 90% of the College Graduates attempt Refrigeration Certs. Pipefitters and HVAC workers are far more intelligent than your average Bachelor student. When a Pipefitter fucks up an entire refinery explodes into a fireball or Grandma gets the a lethal dosage out of her few hundred thousand dollar medical gas system in the hospital. When your business student fucks up Chad just bitches about how his Latte looks like someone jizzed on it.
>>
>>144430517
IDK where you get your numbers. Electrician for 20+ years working heavy industrial and power plants. Yeah outside, dirty, worked on average 9 months per year, average wage of 80K per year. AND I'M A 110 lb GIRL!!!
>>
>>144431547
Don't bother with those cheap apartments. They are that price for a reason and are in areas that nobody wants to live in. You want the cheap old terraces that are in and around a city that has a university. Or a terrace in a 'cool' area of a city. Those old terraces need work, some are more than a hundred years old and are damp. Damp proofing a house isn't a big deal, and you can knock back plaster work and water proof the walls again with an SBR product. You're talking maybe 3 or 4 grand to water proof. From there you've got an old but totally stable house that needs re decorating. I'm not going to look for an example on the market right now, but trust me go and look at terraces around your city, or if you live in a smaller city find a city of 500K+ population with a big uni, and there will be a lot of terraces selling that need work.
>>
>>144431000
Right but even then we're talking ≈50k, 60k isnt even that realistic unless you pull overtime. Slaving away for >60k?
>>
>>144419153
I don't know about you, but the last time I needed a plumber he plumbed my educated ass more than he plumbed my toilet
>>
>>144432025
Ya. Fuck up on something as simple as running a furnace exhaust and you can kill a whole household.
>>
>>144431571
Money = happiness
>>
>>144424356

>Gotta be able to handle the bants, too.

Easily the best thing about this line of work. I cannot fathom how people can stand office politics, touchy HR cunts and all that backstabbing, arse kissing chicanery that goes on in most white collar environments.

If I was in an office and said a tenth of what I say to my current coworkers I'd be fucked. It's a fucking sweet thing not to have to look over your shoulder for some meddling fat cunt before you sound off to your mates.
>>
>>144431744
>I'm tempted to be an electrician just to have independence
That's why I do, take the jobs I want, tell them I'm busy for shit jobs. work mostly for myself, but sometimes get talked into helping other contractors.
If your working for somebody else you might be working 12 years, including your apprenticeship before you make 60k, depending on amount of hours of course
You should be at 30 an hour by age 30, especially if in a union or industrial
>>
>>144430797
In my experience it was more like 45k starting, 120k after 3 years
>>
>>144432162
https://www.bls.gov/ooh/construction-and-extraction/mobile/electricians.htm

>2016 median pay 52k
>Highest 10% paid 90k

Sure, if you specialize, after years of OTJ exp, you can earn your way up. But base level electrians and plumbers don't make even close to 80k
>>
File: 1479780948528.png (396 KB, 495x303)
396 KB
396 KB PNG
>>144432204
Once you get your masters cert in the electricians trade you can start pulling permits and in a lot of counties/townships etc you need a master to pull permits for anything. I just paid a master electrician to do 2 6hour days and 1 3 hour day 3500. Materials were about 1k. A few lights, some switches and outlets. Ran some line. Tied into breaker panel. Shit I do all the time but township required it. 2500 bucks for fucking 15 hours of work. Guy was maybe 36. Had another job he was doing as well. Made like 5k that week I bet.
>>
>>144432204
I program PLC's for $70 an hour, build machine panels for a little less, not exactly slaving
$50k is an easy pull at 40 hours a week for a newer electrcian
>>
>>144430797
Who gives a fuck about your STEM shit. You have to work with other people all day everyday, and you will never work for yourself. You might more money than me but i work for myself, I take a day off when I want, I make enough money for a comfortable life and I don't take shit off anyone. There is not a man in this world who tells me what to do.
>>
>>144432843
My old company payed $1400 for 2 plumbers to fix a line, took them 4 hours
>>
>>144426586

It's not that bad. I don't struggle for work as a chippy but then I've got a solid reputation and good local contacts. The poles round here are only good for labouring and ripping people off for shite work. They cannot compete with me.

Thinking about maybe going out to Aus, NZ or the US though while I'm still young. A lot of money to be made apparently. Plus I'd really like to take my accent for a spin in the US.
>>
File: emq.jpg (392 KB, 1920x1080)
392 KB
392 KB JPG
here in cuckbec, any specialized trade requires cert and union involvement unless you're an under-the-table independent. Unionized elevator mechanics make a killing after just a couple years
>>
>not 1 German flag ITT

I really wanted to ask why they have to go thru an apprenticeship to just paint houses
>>
>>144433207
Don't go to NZ, they are a bunch of bellends. Plus you won't make enough to make up for cost of living. Go to Aus.
>>
>>144432920
I'm on track to retire by 35 though
>>
Look people I've been around for minute and what really matters is self respect

Body language is 90% of communication act like a wounded victim an you will get treated like one

Man the Fuck up bitch carry yourself with some self respect an dignity an you will be treated as such

Get what you give cunts Act a bitch get treated like one Stand up act like a man and you will be treated like one
>>
>>144433548
What making 100k a year trained? I don't think so mate, you might be able to pay off your mortgage if you save hard by 35, then live a nice life, but retire at 35, you're talking out of your ass.
>>
>>144419093
im a unionized electrical apprentice i make 620 a week its not bad considering ive been in for 6 months
>>
>>144433025
We have had a few commercial jobs. Holy fucking hell the money those people will pay. Have to have a much better and expensive insurance/liability plan but it was worth it. Got in good with the superintendent and he told us what the other bids were. We came in just a cunt hair under and made like 10x what we would normally make for the square footage. Had to work our balls off cuz 2 people but did it under time and cut them a deal and gave old boy head of maintenence a christmas present. Got the next job they needed us to do. Commercial business' allocate so much money for repairs/etc and if they don't use it they have to pay taxes on it so they just kinda give it away. 2 years in business school helped with knowing about that.
>>
>>144433548
With a 4 yr degree?
Graduate at 22, so only 13 years of work, or did you go to college at 12?
>>
>>144432162
>Electrician for 20+ years working heavy industrial and power plants.

Do you have to get certified for that?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.