[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k] [s4s] [vip] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

Why does it seem like Canadians and most European countries have such a different view of free speech than the USA?

In the USA, people basically view free speech as an absolute right that can't be taken away by anyone. But in other countries, to them, it's more or less malleable and should be changed depending on the "greater good". I always see Canadians defending laws against "hate speech" because it's to "protect people". Why such a difference of viewpoint?
>>
FASCISM IS THE ONLY SOLUTION
>>
>>144423640
I know and I hate it. Free speech should have no limit.
>>
File: 22c.jpg (68 KB, 651x906)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
>>144423640
everyone has their 'limit' either public or self censorship, the average person wouldn't dare say 'migger' because it's insensitive for example. america is cucked and has been for many many years thanks to the FCC. it's getting worse now because they want to push their muslim agenda and banning 'islamophobia' makes it a lot harder for people to speak their mind same shit they did with jews, anything that isn't glowing praise is considered hate speech or antisemitism. luckily for us we have the internet and everyone is getting redpilled , just have to be patient and wait for the race war to kick off
>>
File: 1494395206655.jpg (139 KB, 768x768)
139 KB
139 KB JPG
>>144423640
The average citizen in the former British colonies and Europe would like to have the same freedom of speech guaranteed by the 1st Amendment but their rights have been taken away by shifty Jews instituting increasingly draconian hate speech laws slowly but surely over the years.

Watch this to get an idea of how they did it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehGiSNAI99s
>>
File: leaf.png (629 KB, 640x623)
629 KB
629 KB PNG
this is what your average leaf looks like

they're not human
>>
>>144423640
>I always see Canadians defending laws against "hate speech" because it's to "protect people". Why such a difference of viewpoint?

because they are leftist scum, just like you have in the US as well
>>
File: pet.png (97 KB, 520x205)
97 KB
97 KB PNG
>>144423640
Canadians don't really have rights because for a century it was just 'common sense shit' and then a mediocre cryptostalinist took over and decided to codify his interpretation of what 'rights' are. Canadians are both a proud and profoundly miseducated people so they see no problem with having the government monitor them for what they say and think.
>>
>>144423640
>protecting feelings supersedes protecting the right to speak your mind

literal npc meatbag cattle prepared for the slaughter tier thinking. its really simple: if you are against unnecessary restrictions then you are for free speech. fuck your faggot ass feelings you entitled pussies. go move to some third world country and find out what real problems are.
>>
>>144426549
are these guys lobotomized? has the same silly grin like trudeau
>>
>>144423640
>Why does it seem like Canadians and most European countries have such a different view of free speech than the USA?
There are people in every country who share America's sentiments regarding freedom of speech. I think a large portion of the European population share this belief that certain speech (namely right-wing "hate speech") should be outlawed to prevent undesirable outcomes (right-wing governments and hate/intolerance), which is due to the fact that many European countries participated committed atrocities in the name of some right-wing belief.
>>
>>144427742
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=go_Oe6XbDTc
>>
I think Canadians have the same view as the US, but they don't really get a say on how things are done.

The only reason the US still has free speech, is they were fortunate to make it so explicitly clear in the constitution -- it's right there in black and white, where I think others took it for granted.

If they had been as explicit about the country being designed by and for white peoples, it would have made a big difference... but again, at the time it seemed so obvious it would be very hard to imagine what we see today.
>>
>>144423640
Because the US was built on the concept of freedom. There was a similar bit with the freeing of the Dominions from the Empire, but that was granted from above, not taken from below. And in the case of Europe, they pretty much decided to try the United Social States of Soviet Europe as an attempt to put a stop to the endless wars.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.