[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

Psychiatry is also a way to implement a power to a particular social group” Michel Foucault
>>
>>189048011
Foucault was a fag who was resentful about his condition and attacked normal socjety for being "controlling". He compared every second social institution to a rison, claimed mental ilness doesent exist and of course was obsessed with repression of homosexuality.

He was just mad socjety did not concider sticking one's dick into guys ass as valuable as a man and woman procreating.

Must be a fascist conspiracy.

That being said of course psychiatry is a tool of power by neccessity. How else can you make the kooks take their pills? And of course it can be abused, like in the Soviet union or in modern West, where they want to cure you from "xenophobia"
>>
>>189050524
>Foucault was a fag
>>
>>189050524

>kooks
>>
File: Hidden Gulag.png (866 KB, 1188x899)
866 KB
866 KB PNG
>>
>psychiatry is a tool of power by neccessity
>>
>>189048011
Psychiatrists: “Video games are addictive. They cause mental disorders.”
Also psychiatrists: “it’s totally normal to for men to think that they are women lol cut yo dick off senpai.”
>>
>>189048011
This faggot thought AIDS was a social construct that was designed to terrorize niggers and faggots. 2 years later, BOOM, dead from AIDS.
>>
>>189048011
>a post-modernist had valuable views on psychiatry
>which were that psychiatry doesn't matter and serves no purpose but to exert power over other people
yah or it was just as FUCKED as the rest of his """"theories"""", non-based UN meme flag poster
>>
>>189055417
Both are retarded things to do.
>>
>>189051765
Died of AIDS.
>>
>>189055417

I'm thinking about the perception of life on our planet.

We are told the majority believe we are on a spinning ball in space

therefore ideas to the contrary are considered a form of illness but the system itself is ill and those acting as an antibody are the well ones.
>>
>>189051765
>Foucault was a fag
end of story.
the fag didn't even recover anything new, just rebranded old subjectivism, and all these morons treat his writing in reverence.
>>
>>189056272

You have'nt even read Foucault and you bandy about words you dont understand because you are a CIA faggot
>>
>>189056272

As if you could even grasp Foucault, you boot licker.
>>
>>189050524
Foucault was right about institutions being almost useless self-licking ice cream cones AND he was a traumatized faggot complaining about nobody accepting him.
And psychiatry is a pseudoscience without any solid basis on evidence used to make money and enforce power from "above" (and pretend to treat a small fraction of real mental illnesses).

> inb4 NPCs start kvetching
>>
>>189052484
What does that say? Chemical what? Cosh?
>>
>>189057742

Yes a chemical cosh.
>>
>>189051765

Not a garden variety fag either... a full blown S&M dungeon type degenerate.
>>
File: watchtower.jpg (457 KB, 1560x1737)
457 KB
457 KB JPG
>>189057742
Taking SSRI drugs is a chemical cosh to tolerate the gulag.
>>
File: 1539283907023.jpg (1.15 MB, 2048x1365)
1.15 MB
1.15 MB JPG
>>189058025

dungeons and dragons
>>
>>189048011
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosenhan_experiment
>>
>>189058574
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosenhan_experiment

I wrote about this while doing a spot of psychology at university... I had forgotten all about it so thank you.
>>
>>189050524
he has some good points, he's a researcher, so you can read his work and still find interesting things if you dont follow his conclusions all the way. such as, the idea of capital punishment being preferred to imprisonment or exile, and tracing how prison systems were brought about by leper colonies and as a way to lock up people with madness. madness or the schizophrenic was once seen as something holy, but with the advent of psychiatry, we no longer listen to those deemed "mentally ill". Foucault makes a good case that people like Terry Davis should be paid more attention to. Maybe then Terry wouldn't have offed himself. It's /pol/ that ironically takes Foucault up on this offer to take schizos seriously, while Bill Nye and le black science man deny conspiracy theorists or geniuses like Terry as schizophrenic nonsense.
>>
>>189058574

I primarily disagree with RD Laing in that for one he states schizophrenia is a form of failed narcissism but the roots of the psychiatric term is based in insidious speculation by a deviant and entirely unhelpful.

Also another form of censorship and the difference between private and public schools - in paid education, the pupil is told to shine whereas in the free education system, the pupil is told to conform. Terms such as narcissism further hinder gifted individuals from the lower classes through fear of excelling.

The Jonas Effect
>>
>>189058913
>madness or the schizophrenic was once seen as something holy

It's difficult to regard someone as 'holy' when they are stabbing you repeatedly while screaming that you were sent from the devil
>>
>>189050524

> mental illness

because it doesn't

psychology and psychiatry is 100% a shilling business
that's why all psychiatrists and psychologists are extremely fearful of true scientists
>>
>>189058913

Terrence McKenna perfectly outlines the problem

The western mind is a house of cards which is terrified of madness.

We put the mad on a par with stray dogs and lock them in up in places designed to make you crazy and keep you crazy.

In tribal societies, those exhibiting symptoms of "schizophrenia" were picked up and told

You are special, you will prophesise, you will guide us...

Really schizophrenia is a catch all term which was one hundred years ago deemed Melancholia

of course the Greeks lauded Mania as a divine gift.
>>
>>189059517

white people and western people in particular are extremely neurotic
mental illness does not exist in eastern cultures, and people who "suffer" from them are seen as higher beings more often than not
>>
>>189059517
>In tribal societies, those exhibiting symptoms of "schizophrenia" were picked up and told
>You are special, you will prophesise, you will guide us...

This is utter bullshit, because anyone displaying signs of violence against other tribe members as a result of mental illness would have been quickly dispatched. Today, however, we allow someone like the schizophrenic Vince Li to cannibalize a fellow passenger on a bus and release him after only a few years of "treatment"

>>189059695
>white people and western people in particular are extremely neurotic

The rate of mental illness of black people in the West is many times higher than that of whites
>>
File: pearl.png (437 KB, 960x1135)
437 KB
437 KB PNG
>>189059695
Yes, a change is brewing.
>>
>>189059146
>RD Laing in that for one he states schizophrenia is a form of failed narcissism
Always use Psychiatry books not Psychology.
Don't get stuck in the definitions just check the studies they reference and ignore the rest.
Even DSM V has antiquated theory which was lagging behind the new research when it was published.
Schizophrenia is also neurodegenerative and has been linked to social environment too although to be precise has been sided officially but I tend to disagree.
I'd say the genetic studies are inconclusive although they are always quoted and praised.
>>
File: lucille-portable.gif (3.04 MB, 640x357)
3.04 MB
3.04 MB GIF
>>189059923
>>
>>189059998

The DSM

lol
>>
>>189059998

no shizophrenia is an illness that only occurs in maturized popuilations and also only in men
>>
File: 200.gif (2.02 MB, 343x200)
2.02 MB
2.02 MB GIF
>>189059998
>>
>>189057943
>>189058224

Thanks guys.
>>
>>189060074

I hope that a homeless schizophrenic pushes you off a bridge after you've spent ten minutes assuring him that, in a tribal society, he'd be revered as a fount of ancient wisdom
>>
>>189059986

what an artist
>>
>>189060305

Do you?

Have you ever read the book Walk About?
>>
>>189060130
>DSM
It's a good starting point.
>>189060154
No, it usually occurs at a young age and dives after 30 for the onset.
Both females and males are affected.
Current treatment always worsens it since it worsens the degenerative effect of schizophrenia.
>>
>>189060542

Stephen Paddock
>>
>>189060566
>Have you ever read the book Walk About?

Have you ever read about the Vince Li case in Canada? Please tell us what ancient wisdom Li embodied when he ate the face of his fellow Greyhound passenger
>>
>>189051765
Literally contracted AIDS by getting fucked in the ass in a San Francisco gay club bathroom. The guy wanted to see society burn because he couldn't get fucked in even more public places and resented doctors because he came from a functioning family of doctors.
>>
Foucault's conception of power was not of some sinister cabal plotting how to run society.
Power is not a resource, something one person or group has and another does not, and it is not just a repressive, prohibitive force, although it manifests in such a way as well. Power produces and enables, setting the limits of how we can think and act. Rather than being something wielded by ontologically pre-existing independent subjects, power is what constructs, through discursive practice, various subject positions, including the subjectivities of the 'mentally ill' and physician.
>>
>>189060905
>Please tell us what ancient wisdom Li embodied when he ate the face of his fellow Greyhound passenger

Buddy could ask him as he if free now, and promises to take his meds.
>>
File: panopticon.jpg (13 KB, 263x192)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
>>189061335

control of time
>>
>>189055417
>Also psychiatrists: “it’s totally normal to for men to think that they are women lol cut yo dick off senpai.”
This is only true for (((American))) psychiatrists. Also video games are addicting just like anything else that is enjoyable or stimulating enough.
>>
Cuck philosophy just today released a great video on Foucault and identity politics. The image /pol/ has of 'post-modern' philosophers is just so wrong it's pathetic. Right-wingers could use Foucault to attack identity politics if they understood him at all. Then again, perhaps it's better that they don't.

https://youtu.be/26fIBA7O5Ag
>>
>>189061335
>the subjectivities of the 'mentally ill' and physician.

Welp, if being a physician is purely "subjective" then I'm hanging out a shingle today and am going to start performing open-heart surgery in my living room. Should be pretty lucrative
>>
OP IS LYNN DE ROTHSCHILD

She posts these satanic threads regularly about Parsons, paddock and the devil.

Someone outed her before
>>
>>189061716
>Foucault hated one specific thing I also hate, therefore he was a great philosopher

Logical fallacy x 100
>>
>>189056404
>>189056498
You realise /pol/ has IDs that even anons without extensions can view? I have a suggestion for you since you're going through a 14 year old's 2deep4u phase. Move to Berlin, have a lot of unprotected sex with men and fester a deep resentment for society for not openly embracing your behaviour. You could also read some Dianetics whilst you're at it.
>>
File: Dtextractionmachine.png (12 KB, 640x480)
12 KB
12 KB PNG
Also, Jordan Peterson's cult mask resembles the determination extractor from Undertale

I feel like that game has some seriously fucked up MKultra /Glownigger origins

>>189062094
You're either talking to a alphabet agency bot or a Rothschild themselves
>>
File: MarilouCipher.png (295 KB, 423x617)
295 KB
295 KB PNG
>>189060542
>>
>>189062094

You sound positively foaming.
>>
>>189061335
The problem with this is that it's only true in situations where there are no determinants in the construction of power between the power holder and the person having power used against them.

For example, in a school, the power relationship between teacher and student is quite clearly arbitrary and constructed, but the power relationship between a cancer patient and a doctor is not, because the doctor actually knows how to cure cancer, and the patient doesn't.
>>
>>189056498
>As if you could even grasp Foucault

t. Adrian Mole, aged 13 3/4
>>
>>189062309
>the power relationship between teacher and student is quite clearly arbitrary and constructed,

Not if the teacher actually has knowledge and wisdom to impart to the student, obviously (though granted this is rarely the case in public education today)
>>
>>189061766

Subjectivity has different contextual meanings, retard. In this case it means having agency and identity.

>>189061874

No, Foucault is a great philosopher because he gave us an incredibly valuable understanding of subjectivity, power and knowledge.
>>
>>189062309

Then why do doctors poison patients, defy the oath and hide cures for status and wealth?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Wi8Fv0AJA4
>>
>>189062309

Dr. Judy Wood makes a joke wherein she puts on a white coat and says

Do you believe me now?
>>
>>189062557
>Subjectivity has different contextual meanings, retard. In this case it means having agency and identity.

I identify as an open-heart surgeon. Please stop 'othering' me by presenting my total lack of training or experience in that field as some kind of barrier to medical practice, you bigot. Such supposed 'qualifications' are purely a social construct

Incidentally, I wonder what Foucault would make of your using alleged mental disability as an insult?
>>
File: sure.gif (841 KB, 450x254)
841 KB
841 KB GIF
>>189062872

Surgery is forbidden in the Hippocratic oath.
>>
>>189062309

You're still thinking of power as a resource and knowledge as something that is separate from power. Power is not something the doctor chooses to use over a patient, it is something underlying them both. Doctors and cancer patients are not things that exist independently in the world, they're only possible on the basis of a certain medical discourse which makes it possible for someone to play the role of doctor and of patient in the first place. And no, a cancer patient is not the same thing as someone with cancer.
>>
>>189062872

Guess what

The life expectancy of America and Canada is the same as ancient Greece
>>
>>189063296

Power is the authority we grant other or institution for life is a state of mind
>>
>>189062196
It's so beautiful I just can't stand it
>>
>>189063056
>Surgery is forbidden in the Hippocratic oath.

Not true:

"I will not use the knife, even upon those suffering from stones, but I will leave this to those who are trained in this craft."

"I will leave this to those who are trained in this craft" is hardly a condemnation of surgery
>>
>>189062872

Foucault's point was precisely that you cannot just choose to identify however you want. It's not that we are subjects choosing which roles to play, it's that our very agency is only possible because we exist in a network of power-relations. A society without power is impossible. No knowledge is possible without power and no power is possible without knowledge.
>>
>>189063332
>The life expectancy of America and Canada is the same as ancient Greece

Even if this were true, you're presumably implying that modern medicine is a sham. Would you have the courage of your convictions and shun doctors and hospitals if you developed a life-threatening condition?
>>
>>189063296
>a cancer patient is not the same thing as someone with cancer.

It's almost always the exact same thing, apart from those who have cancer but avoid seeking medical treatment (a tiny minority)
>>
>>189063512

Medicine is an art

Surgery is not

You see the difference?

You present an utterly absurd argument, which could result in death as the cornerstone of reason against the wrongful granting of authority to the state
>>
>>189050524
There is a deep psychological projection on the part of the left, using 'evil' as a label, in order that they justify our suffering in their hands.
>>
>>189063834

Yes I absolutely and unequivocally am.
>>
>>189063834

I do shun hospitals yes, I have faith in God
>>
>>189063654
>t's that our very agency is only possible because we exist in a network of power-relations

A man on a desert island, subsisting on fresh water and sweet potatoes, has agency over his immediate surroundings despite not existing in any "network of power-relations". When I use my "agency" (by which I assume you mean free will) to put on the kettle to make a cup of tea in the morning, I'm not actually dominating anyone, or being dominated

>A society without power is impossible.

Agree, but this is merely stating the obvious

>No knowledge is possible without power

Only if you're abusing the definition of "power" to mean the human mind's ability to grasp reality, in which case the word is being applied far too broadly to be of any real use at all

>and no power is possible without knowledge.

This is fortune-cookie-tier 'wisdom', at best
>>
>>189059517
>In tribal societies, those exhibiting symptoms of "schizophrenia" were picked up and told
>You are special, you will prophesise, you will guide us...
Also in South Africa it is believed that having sex (read: raping) an albino woman cures HIV. Lets also take life advice from this guy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqrXjFac75U

Clearly his family didn't suffer from his "prophetic visions" and his suicide (due to lack of treatment) was some sort of divine religious experience for all.
>>
>>189063936
>Medicine is an art
>Surgery is not
>You see the difference?

No, because "medicine is an art" is an absurd statement. You might as well say that "plumbing is an art". Medicine, like plumbing, can be done well, or indifferently, or badly; that's all

>You present an utterly absurd argument, which could result in death as the cornerstone of reason against the wrongful granting of authority to the state

This sentence is utterly incoherent
>>
>>189063925

You seriously can't tell the difference between having cancer and being a patient in a hospital, being expected to behave according to certain institutional rules?

Again, power is not something inherently negative for Foucault, it's an unavoidable part of how societies function. Just seeing how hospitals work from a Foucauldian perspective does not mean you have to be critical of them.
>>
>>189064273
>No knowledge is possible without power

>>Only if you're abusing the definition of "power" to mean the human mind's ability to grasp reality, in which case the word is being applied far too broadly to be of any real use at all

>and no power is possible without knowledge.

>>This is fortune-cookie-tier 'wisdom', at best

Knowledge IS power... The ONLY power... Transferable to all forms of our being.

The closer our knowledge to God, the greater the influence of our will.
>>
>>189064160
>I do shun hospitals yes, I have faith in God

You could shun eating food for the same reason. Don't you think a benevolent God would have developed the reasoning faculties in Man that have led to the development of medicine, and hospitals?
>>
>>189048011
>This medicalization of rebellion and opposition can now be carried out at as early an age as two. Rather than being legitimate forms of rage against their political conditions, anger and defiance against authority are considered medical issues to be worked out with a therapist or medication. Between 1993 and 2012, there was a seven-fold increase in the number of children under 13 being prescribed antipsychotics. About 63% of those given antipsychotics were for “disruptive behavior disorders” like ODD. By citing low socioeconomic status as a cause for a medical diagnosis and intervention, the police (psychiatrists and school officials here) can avoid it being a cause for a political action, i.e. a riot, sabotage, or student strike. As psychiatrists continue to bicker about what the hell schizophrenia is, what “normality” is, and about how to diagnose anything at all, they are nevertheless comfortable with prescribing aggressive personal therapy for “oppositional” children and antipsychotics for pre-teens.
>>
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THIS THREAD REPLYING TO A ROTHSCHILD/BOT
>>
File: ad_monster.jpg (70 KB, 720x960)
70 KB
70 KB JPG
>>189048011
>The most vague and broadly applicable of these diagnoses of control is ADHD. Russell Barkley, one of mainstream psychology’s leading experts on ADHD calls it a “deficit in rule-governing behavior.” This can be virtually anything from making weird noises to standing up too often to hitting others. Adults with authority in our society are unable to ask whether kids are bored because school is awful and boring, whether they are acting out because they recognize that the adults in their lives are suckers and assholes, whether they are depressed because they realize they will grow up and be like them, or whether they aren’t following rules because the rules are bullshit. Instead, they weave a story about “brain chemistry” and categorize anyone who doesn’t respond well to the world they’ve reproduced as “deficient” so they can stuff them full of pills, preparing them for an equally boring future made bearable with alcohol and pornography like that of “normal people.”
>>
>>189063925
>>189064544
You are missing the point here

The Hospital being the go to source of health in our society is representative of the power of authority... When the self-taught grower down the street has created a batch of oil which acts perfectly as an apoptosis of cancer cells but unfortunately is illegal

so the individual is faced with two authoritative crisis - the first, their go to institution has been undermined by a rinky dink operation of a few hundred dollars, cognitive dissonance sets in, they begin to disbelieve and they reject the medicine because of the stranglehold of authoritative power of the state on their reasoning capacity
>>
>>189064544
>You seriously can't tell the difference between having cancer and being a patient in a hospital, being expected to behave according to certain institutional rules?

Those "institutional rules" are ideally intended to uphold the integrity of the institution and its ability to deliver treatment to the patient. I am not denying that a particular rule might be ill-conceived or even oppressive in isolated instances, but this is not the intention behind having such rules in the first place. Perhaps you should specify which regulations in hospitals you find objectionable
>>
File: 1535639841649.jpg (42 KB, 960x720)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
>It shouldn’t be surprising that many references are made to madness in various forms of music, given the historical and cultural connections made between madness and artistry and genius, but it is perhaps surprising that, in contrast to the frequent references to anxiety and depression in musical genres commonly associated with whiteness (alt-folk, country, and alternative rock), hip-hop artists’ most common reference is to schizophrenia and psychosis. On the Dr. Dre song “Natural Born Killaz,” Dre raps that he is “doomed to be a killer . . . with a heart full of terror.” Ice Cube responds: “I’m the unforgiving, psycho-driven murderer / It’s authentic, goddamn it, schizophrenic.” 2pac raps on “16 on Death Row” that he’s “kind of schizophrenic, I’m in this shit to win it” while Vince Staples on “Loco” says hes “Been a schizo crip though off of 65th though/
Anybody killer I ain’t aiming when the shit blow.” These lines, with their powerful, violent drive, constitute an appropriation of the label thrust upon them by police, by doctors, and the public. This theme is even more explicitly expressed in Kendrick Lamar’s 2016 track “The Blacker the Berry” where he expresses in forceful, half-shouted exclamations the hatred he feels surrounding him, the general disregard and dishonor for his identity and what gets attached to it as well as the rage and anger he feels in response. “Burn, baby, burn, that’s all I wanna see/ And sometimes I get off watchin’ you die in vain” he sings vengefully, quickly adding “It’s such a shame they may call me crazy/ They may say I suffer from schizophrenia or somethin’/ But homie, you made me.” Everything is there in those beginning lines: the representation of rage in response to horror as insanity, and specifically, with all its connotations of delusion and now paranoid aggressiveness, schizophrenia.
>>
>>189064273

Do you think someone who grows up alone on a deserted island with no human contact would come to think of themselves in terms of gender, race, sexuality, mental health, profession etc?
>>
File: Arthur dance.gif (998 KB, 350x350)
998 KB
998 KB GIF
>>189055417
>>
File: 1532555284149.jpg (22 KB, 600x417)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
https://belliresearchinstitute.com/2017/06/30/schizo-genesis-mad-apocalypse-the-story-of-the-psycho-bellum-primer-one/
>>
>>189065044

In relation to the order of animals
>>
hindus,bhuddists,taoists, maoists, communists , even some capitalists
all of them believe the path to enlightenment starts with a guru.
god
jesus
sri bab krishna vayanajooxuubijobyuyou
the wind
the sea
the herd
the xifu
the marx
the mao
the stalin
the lenin
the founding fathers
your ancestors

and yes there is a power dynamic

post modern society somehow made tangible goods out of abstract ideas.
like animation.
health has been weaponized into hierarchies, and a secret order to the business that everyone who buys into it usually gets duped somehow, from the patient,to the medical biller, to the med student and doctor.
mind is a tool.
it can be used to liberate
or it can be used to enslave

its been fucking difficult as fuck
and we have fucked up a shit ton along the way
but getting the thinkers to keep thinking about how to wake others up and to start thinking.
holy shit has it been difficult.
but thats how you gotta save the world and ensure a future for our children.
>>
>>189064951

I haven't made any normative claims regarding this topic and I don't intend to, that's not the point.
>>
>>189064882
>When the self-taught grower down the street has created a batch of oil which acts perfectly as an apoptosis of cancer

... according to the grower, at least. Bob Marley tried to treat his cancer with ganja, but ended up going to Germany for conventional medical treatment when it didn't work (by then of course it was too late)

>cells but unfortunately is illegal

I am not denying that government frequently operates like a criminal syndicate, passing laws for the sake of its own material advantage. How this invalidates the physician-patient dichotomy is anyone's guess
>>
File: 706525.jpg (16 KB, 259x400)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
Szasz > Foucalt
Szasz is the right wing Foucalt, at least when it comes to psychiatry
read and reference Szasz instead of Foucalt. Move past Foucalt
>>
File: giphy (2).gif (1.97 MB, 500x206)
1.97 MB
1.97 MB GIF
>>189064882
quality tread OP, i salute you
>>
>>189065187
Dr.Christina Sanchez explains how cannabis kills cancer cells
Cristina Sánchez (Madrid, Spain, 1971) graduated in Biology at Madrid Complutense University in 1994. Once graduated, she joined Dr. Manuel Guzmán's laboratory, where she studied the effect of cannabinoids on lipid and carbohydrate intermediate metabolism first and on cancer cell proliferation later. She obtained her PhD with Honors in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology at Complutense University in 2000.

During her postdoc at Dr. Piomelli's laboratory (University of California Irvine, 2000-2003) she studied the involvement of another group of bioactive lipids (lysophosphatidic acid and related compounds) on pain initiation. In 2004, Cristina returned to Spain and she started coordinating a new line of research within Dr. Guzmán's laboratory. The goal of her research is to understand and exploit cannabinoids as potential antitumoral agents in breast cancer. More recently, she has also focused her attention on new cannabinoid receptors and their possible involvement in cannabinoid antitumoral action in breast cancer and other type of tumors.
>>
>>189065044
>Do you think someone who grows up alone on a deserted island with no human contact would come to think of themselves in terms of gender, race, sexuality, mental health, profession etc?

Most people in ordinary society don't think of themselves in those terms, except when identity politics has artificially thrust such considerations upon them as being uniquely worthy of importance in making up individual identities
>>
>>189065187
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1miGzTwK28U
>>
>>189065186
>I haven't made any normative claims regarding this topic and I don't intend to

In other words, your airy philosophical abstractions are totally devoid of any real-world relevance or application
>>
>>189062872

I will not use the knife, not even on sufferers from stone, but will withdraw in favor of such men as are engaged in this work.

>>

Blood letting VS homeopathy

Now theres an interesting topic of the 18th century
>>
>>189065386

Interesting. But in the end autophagy will fuck that treatment method up too.
>>
>>189065882

The treatment has been an overwhelming success.
>>
>>189065507

You can absolutely base your critique of any institution on Foucauldian discourse analysis, and there is a lot of literature that has done just that. Foucault is the most cited author in social science, it's hard to overstress how massive his impact has been in the field.

>>189065405

That's ridiculous. Are you honestly claiming gender, race, sexuality etc. had no impact on how we view ourselves and interact with others until SJWs came along?
>>
>>189059923
>The rate of mental illness of black people in the West is many times higher than that of whites

Yes but when you have a psychotic maniatic high iq white you end up with a Beethoven, Wagner or Picasso.
Blacks go full unda dunga and end up murdering somebody in cold blood and eating their flesh until a cop empty a clip in their chest.
>>
>>189066115

Long term survival too? Usually some of the little fucks always survive by receptor downregulation. Of course, I would not rule out an effect outside cannabinoid receptors though ... Aspirin has been shown to regulate mTOR as a side effect recently. Could even be synergistic.
>>
>>189066470

No, you are obfuscating. The THC which causes apoptosis in the cancer cells, causes a complete system regulation and will be continued throughout life, to the benefit of cognitive function, weight, mood, appetite... Right down to protecting the Myelin Sheath of the synapses
>>
>>189066725

Ah I see, long term treatment. Interesting proposal.
>>
>>189066470

If you want to avoid

dementia, parkinson's and alzheimer's, take THC which protects the long term function of the brain by protecting the myelin sheath and also protecting us against the biggest killer of all

stress

which in turn, stresses our mechanical functioning
>>
>discredited for being a fag

these kids never cease to amaze me
>>
>>189066919

It's quite different than a lifetime of liver destroying pills.

THC causes/increases neurogenesis in the olfactory bulb
>>
File: gebacken.png (171 KB, 391x546)
171 KB
171 KB PNG
>>189066934

'Stress' is an interesting axis. Read a bit quite a while back how it plays into inflammation. Ah damnit, now you made me regret leaving science for a moment...
>>
>>189066118
Foucault's impact is large because he was a faggot who rallied against structuralism.

Literally everything Foucault said was said better by smarter people, decades and centuries before him, and yet he's held up as some kind of standard.

Even his genealogical method is literally just stolen from Nietzsche.
>>
>>189048011
duh
>>
>>189067120

Yes

indelible in the hippocampus
>>
>>189052484
Psychiatry can be sound but (((SSRIs))) aren't
Depression should be treated with amphetamines for motivation and once weekly administration of NMDA agonists.
>>
>>189067168

Lots of buzz words

says nothing

remains unseen
>>
>>189064013
>Yes I absolutely and unequivocally am.
And nothing of value was lost
>>
>>189067366

You are on my thread.
>>
>>189067366

I create the content of your life at this moment.
>>
>>189051765
>>189058025
>>189058025
Even worse, he was a gift giver to his students
>>
>>189067366

Hey buddy

I am in your head reading this now
>>
File: crazy_Welsh_flutist.jpg (246 KB, 1024x694)
246 KB
246 KB JPG
>>189067451

Hah! That is a good one! I'm gonna steal that.
>>
>>189067461

Why are you so concerned about Foucault being a weirdo and not the topic at hand which is

Psychiatry is a modern gulag
>>
>>189067577

Let me guess you are Dolichocephalic
>>
>>189067611
becouse right wingers have no intellectual integrity - they wont read Marx or Foucault because it takes effort, they rather attack them for their personality.

the right is fundamentally intellectually lazy. anything they dont understand they blame on "jews"
>>
>>189067611
i mean, half of those people think global climate change is a conspiracy but a anonymous shitposter on 4chan named Q is a thing
>>
>>189048011
fuck Foucault. aids faggot
>>
>>189067913

>Dolichocephalic

I assume though. Never did measure it.
>>
>>189068159

Well its nonsense, just ask Freeman Dyson the physics genius and feminist.
>>
File: 1533268602923.jpg (41 KB, 650x350)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
>>189059695
>mental illness does not exist in eastern cultures
>>
>>189068159

Global warming...

Trees consume co2 you know
>>
>>189068447
what is that have to do with anything?
>>
>>189068538

*screams in jar*

Wanna buy this?
>>
File: 1335218647063.jpg (61 KB, 1205x881)
61 KB
61 KB JPG
>>189067316
>>
>>189067611
>Psychiatry is a modern gulag

t. Tom Cruise
>>
>>189068538
limited edition
>>
>>189069010
what the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>189069140

t. NPC
>>
>>189067611
Out of interest what is your educational background? Clearly you've read into some of Foucault's body of work and are now parroting his opinions. You're also seemingly deeply distrustful of doctors (most likely because of your dear Michel) and have a facile comprehension of pathology and pharmacology. Are you self 'educated' or do you have a legitimate academic background?
>>
>>189069181

Do you want to buy it, yes or no?
>>
>>189048011
Yes, like anything social. Unfortunately, more so for a philosophy that openly thinks it's science.
>>
>>189069233

I am a professor with Stanford University.
>>
>>189069233

Just marking down on your card

likes to demotivate others to bolster their precarious self-esteem
>>
>>189069250
ill be it if you can fit your mom in it, professor
>>
>>189069343
>I am a professor with Stanford University.
Well you certainly don't work in the English language department
>>
File: mental-illness-test.jpg (51 KB, 960x589)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
To-date there are no known biological causes of mental illness, besides stuff like head trauma and drugs that trigger it etc. Scientists believe they may find such a biological detector soon, but there isn't for example a blood test that can be done to see if a person is mentally ill etc However historically it was Nazi scientists that said they discovered such a test and promoted the concept that the mental ill can be detected, and this was used to justify euthanizing them..

"There are No Tests in Existence That Can Prove Mental “Disorders” are Medical Conditions. Psychiatric Diagnosis is Based Solely on Opinion."
https://www.cchrint.org/psychiatric-disorders/no-medical-tests-exist/
>>
>>189069233

Tell me, Prof - what is the nature of Pathos in relationship to Eros?
>>
>>189069470

Star in a Jar?

Why yes you can, sonoluminescence.
>>
>>189069639

Are you deeply insecure? That is the vibe wafting towards me.

If you wish me to drop my laconic and approachable demeanour I shall but you wont like my other approach one bit.
>>
>>189069639

It will be indelibly rendered upon your seahorse cowboy.
>>
>>189069719
>no known biological causes of mental illness
Maybe because it isn't science? Wow, we've categorized all these people. Clearly now the universe will tell us which will survive under future conditions which we cannot foresee?
>>
>>189069343
CHRISTINE FORD, GO BACK.
>>
File: DF6Owc4WsAAw4YY.jpg (145 KB, 1200x800)
145 KB
145 KB JPG
>>189070243

>>
>>189052484
>>
File: fish.png (451 KB, 800x494)
451 KB
451 KB PNG
>>189070479
>>
File: ligmun.png (527 KB, 386x599)
527 KB
527 KB PNG
>>189070629
>>
>>189070629

A depiction of coatli (Eysenhardtia polystacha) being harvested by an Aztec man in the Florentine codex
>>
>>189070479
I do what I can to wade through the toxicity of people who would use courts to violate the rights of my fellows because we cannot comprehend their minds. Some of that includes pointing out the obvious hypocrisy of claiming Darwin for your cause of abandoning Theistic answers, while simultaneously claiming accurate predictions of the universe.
>>
File: hush.jpg (25 KB, 500x383)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
>>189070723

Can you hear the voices too atm?
>>
>>189069727
>what is the nature of Pathos in relationship to Eros?
Do you mean eros or ethos? I'm asking because you might be confused due to your THC chemotherapy
>>
>>189070916

I dont hear voices, I commune directly with God.
>>
>>189070956

I mean Eros as prescribed in the Yale Philosophy course which I took.
>>
File: bubblegum.gif (272 KB, 264x267)
272 KB
272 KB GIF
>>189071036

And I did wonder all the time who was occupying the line.
>>
>>189067223
That sounds more like a party
>>
>>189067611
Cuz I already know the fucked-ness of modern psychoatry without needing to touch Foucault. The only shrinks I’ve ever seen were a feminist and a fag. Feminist got horrified at me talking about frustrations with dating modern women like I was a a rapist in her office. I think the fag wanted to see me cry, and kept offering me bad advice.
>>
File: tribol.gif (621 KB, 350x200)
621 KB
621 KB GIF
>>189071222

Ha the field of knowledge transmitted in light
>>
>>189071569

The first known description of the medicine appears in the Historia general de las cosas de la Nueva España (1560–1564) by the Spanish Franciscan missionary and ethnographer Bernardino de Sahagún. In the most famous surviving manuscripts of the work, the Florentine Codex, Sahagún called it by its Nahuatl name, coatli, given by Aztec healers. He described its unusual property of turning the color of water that comes in contact with it to bright blue: "
>>
>>189067223
The Chinese are laughing at you, you're putting in a stimulant which when worn off will leave the patient more depressed. You should be depressing them if you want them more active after the fact.
>>
File: apollonian_wight.jpg (104 KB, 443x966)
104 KB
104 KB JPG
>>189071569

Why did this make me think of this? Weird association phase again.
>>
>>189071637

Now you got me busy again... ;)
>>
>>189071569
I get that when I eat wintogreen lifesavers in the dark. I must be on the verge of nirvana.
>>
>>189069727
I feel sorry for how much you need to get laid
>>
>>189071569
I get that same effect running my hand across some toilet seat covers in the dark. My shits are healthy now, may I make you a sandwich?
>>
>>189048011
Psychiatry was intended to replace religious consoling in a Marxist state.
>>
>>189072215

I do not suffer from sexual desire. I miss conversations which go on for days and leave you changed at the end of it.
>>
>>189072395
shush you heretic! you will pay for pointing out satan.
>>
Can I just say Kayne's not wrong. Most people in the US are sleep deprived and about as many of them are in a constant state of chemical imbalance from their Caffeine and Sugar addictions. You could make a gold mine from the people wandering in and out of Starbucks every day.
>>
>>189071897
Apollyon from revelations

It's the being who follows from the abyss
>>
>>189072602
I do...
> Americans are definitely not lazy people. It's incessant
>>
>>189072684

So ... locust season again? :D
>>
>>189073114

Do you know about Ishtar in relation to Nut
>>
>>189073049
and powerful, if not overly neurotic and trance subjected. I think we have to blame the factory owners in NY and Chicago in general, as well as the Marxists. Moms used to worry about the sleep of the family, warn you when you looked tired. Now everyone they see looks tired because they're all at work, and they can't warn you when you're sagging eyed, how can they tell anymore?
>>
what was the last recorded sociopath practitioner per practitioner rate? it's gotta be close to 80% or more. who else would be that confounded by human actions?
>>
>>189073485

Let's tie ribbons onto cherry trees and leave them in time square with little postage tags saying

Dream World
>>
I'm eating peaches and plums

fruit is such a clean food

dont you agree?
>>
>>189073114

Locust season
https://voat.co/user/apollyon
>>
This melon tastes like perfumed honey

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.