[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

The problem with the counter argument that "illegals commit less crime" is that the data they use represents two different subgroups of illegals, one of which we don't talk about when it comes to border security. Illegal immigrant crime rates, as far as I know, include both border crossers and visa overstays. That in itself makes that counter argument against border security/a border wall fallacious. We can safely presume that visa recipients are less prone to crime on the two simple bases that A: to receive a visa they already have to pass a criminal background check and B: that visa recipients come from a majority of countries that have lesser crime rates than their southern crossing counter parts. Whereas the border crossers have no vetting process when they are successful, and a large portion of southern crossings are coming from problem areas e.g. Honduras.

Basically meaning that the data that represents illegal immigrant crime rates is over saturated by a demographic of people that have little relevance to the border issue at hand. In fact, knowing that about half of all illegal immigrants in the US come from visa overstays, at worst, it would mean that the data is only showing about half of the crime rate it should since the pool of people it's measuring may be artificially twice as large, and filled with people that aren't crossing the border to become illegal.

Until data is analyzed that differentiates between illegal border crossers and visa overstays then the counter argument that "illegals commit less crime" is only relevant to an argument that is claiming illegals immigrants as a whole commit more crimes than Americans.

I recommend to avoid said counter argument, unless you also want to bring this point up, we more carefully select our wording when discussing the border issue. Either way the left loses this argument until they can prove that illegal border crossers specifically commit less crime than Americans.
>>
they all have to go back
>>
>>199476676
>95 years
why not just execute people at this point? fuck this gay earth
>>
>>199476676
>and now US taxpayers will pay for her living for the rest of her life
where did the death sentence go burgerS?
>>
>>199476676
I don't have any hard data on this but I'd bet that a lot of illegal immigrant crime goes unreported because the victims are themselves illegal and they fear deportation if they go to the police.
>>
>>199476676
TL,DR LOL
>>
>>199476676
the "they commit less crime argument" is a strawman to begin with. No one is arguing what percentage or crime they commit. The argument is that illegal crime should be zero because crimes committed by illegals add to the net total of crimes altogether
>>
>>199476676
Why is my tax dollars paying for her to stay alive?
>>
>>199476676
Also the other side of the argument includes blacks and no one is arguing that illegals are arguably better than them. Seriously black neighborhoods are war zones with no redeeming value.
If we could trade on a one to one basis I would be cool with that.
>>
>>199477211
This is also a big factor. Both fearing deportation will handle issues on their own.
>>
File: 1544415480589.jpg (101 KB, 616x614)
101 KB
101 KB JPG
>>199476676
fake news biased data and stats, shut the fuck up urbanite
>>
>>199476676
I bookmarked this article because it debunks a few things the shills were pushing for a few weeks.
https://amgreatness.com/2018/05/07/yes-npr-illegal-immigration-does-increase-violent-crime/
It sources some studies and strengthens your argument. Enjoy!
>>
>>199477178
our (((law courts))) have significantly restricted the use of capital punishment and lots of states have banned the death penalty because of muh feelings and other BS. Putting someone to death here takes years and is expensive due to lawyer appeals. Some states also are having trouble getting the drugs they need for lethal injections because drug companies won't sell it to them since it's used for executions. We should just bring back hanging or the firing squad imo, both of those are relatively humane

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.